The Odin Initiative - Join anytime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read last sentence. It was just bothering me so I mentioned it, rather than sit and wait for something to piss me off
Ah... Sorry...
On phone and it did not show your whole post... This site is not really optimized.

Terribly sorry about my thinking you a fool... ^^;

No offence taken I understand

@Noblesse Oblige is MIA as I have heard through a mutual friend.

@Arkane291
@ShiroKiyoshi
@Aleksander
@Blitzkriegxd1

I haven't heard from you 4 in a while. Everything alright? If I don't hear for much longer I will have to turn your characters into NPCs until such a time that I do hear from you.

@Tipysnaruto

I liked that Anarchia went first, but Herleva didn't :P

@Red Fox

I might have Herleva give Gilliam a look at her darker side at some point in this mission for reasons of plot.

@Red Fox

I might have Herleva give Gilliam a look at her darker side at some point in this mission for reasons of plot.
There is more than one reason the men in white coats with the backwards jacket and foul tasting candy had a soft room prepared for him....
Herleva choosing Gilliam basically saved him from going back again. For this she has earned at least a bit of respect, sadly respect is easily lost.
If she also has a darker side I'm quite certain Gill might like it. ^^

There is more than one reason the men in white coats with the backwards jacket and foul tasting candy had a soft room prepared for him....
Herleva choosing Gilliam basically saved him from going back again. For this she has earned at least a bit of respect, sadly respect is easily lost.
If she also has a darker side I'm quite certain Gill might like it. ^^
There is nothing Herleva hates more than a coward who calls himself a soldier. She would gladly throw people like that into a den of rabid wolves...The den of wolves being Gilliams delightful and tender care.

Present

Reactions: Squee
  • Thank You
Character Sheet:

Name: Shujo Mekarah

Nickname: "The Fool"

Alliance: Dead Arcane

Personality: "The Fool is unmoulded potential, pure and innocent, neither positive nor negative yet containing the possibility of both." Shujo tends to maintain a true neutral approach to the world, refusing to judge anybody based off of first impressions alone. "He is the unconditioned soul about to come into manifestation for the first time to start learning the lessons of the world." Having been locked up most of his life, Shujo still has many lessons that he hasn't learned, often leading to unneeded complications. "Though everyone calls him a Fool, he does not pay them any attention, and he simply goes on his way. Certainly what they say can be justified, since his ignorance of the world can lead him to do things that more experienced people would never imagine." Shujo has no knowledge of modern society, nor any concept of things like manners and politeness. "But in these things he can find knowledge and enlightenment. He does not care what others think or say about him, because he knows that what he is doing is right for him." Shujo doesn't care what others think of him or his actions. In his mind, he is in the right with every move he makes. His opinion of himself is all that matters.

Appearance:
-Hair Color:
Brown
-Eye Color: Blue
-Skin Tone: Pale
-Body Type: Very Slim
-Height: 6'4"
-Other Features: None
-Portrait:
anime_earth_warrior.jpg

Weapon(s): A single edged, titanium Katana with a decorative hilt and guard. There isn't any pommel, but it's clear that there may have been, at one time. The iron scabbard is lengthened beyond the 25 inch blade to serve as a second, heavier blunt club, wielded in the same manner. The blade has been enchanted to make the blade unable to wear down, eliminating the need for maintenance or upkeep. It is also enchanted to become lighter in the hand the more it strikes at any target, able to become nearly weightless and, by extension, incredibly fast, should a constant assault be maintained.

Armor: Simple vest made out of high strength nano fibers. Can stop knives with low chance of injury and small bullets (Pistol rounds) with low chance of PERMANENT injury. His tattoo serves as a magic barrier, warning Shujo to incoming attacks and deflecting bullets larger then his vest can block (Rifle rounds).

Abilities/magic: None

Skills: Decent chef, Amateur boxer, Tarot card reader, Can Pick Locks

Brief History: The moment it all started for Shujo was simultaneously the moment it all ended. His parents were killed by a thief when he was a baby, necessitating his learning how to take care of himself almost at birth. He struggled on his own for roughly six years before three men found his house. When the police arrived, a 7 year old Shujo was sitting in the middle of the three dead would-be looters, his family's prized heirloom, an oriental katana, sitting in his lap. The child claimed that one of them killed the other two with the blade, stabbed himself, and that Shujo simply picked up the blade from the body. That argument was shot down quickly. Shujo spent the next ten years in Juvenile prison, learning many different things, over the years. When he got out, he could pick locks, cook, box, and make a shiv out of nothing but a magazine and some craft glue. Roughly two years later in the slums of New York, when Shujo was 16, he was found by Dead Arcane, a self appointed terrorist organization who's main goal was the limitation of the use of magic in modern society, based around a firm belief that if the Gods wanted for humans to use magic as liberally as they do, they would have left all the doors of knowledge open from the start. Dead arcane was formed only four years prior to his being found under the guidance of a man named Gabriel "The Emperor" Vasquez, a radical magic hater and religious zealot. Due to the need to preserve secrecy, each member was given a new name based off of one of the major arcana cards. At that time, they only had three members. He was given the title of "The Fool" for his ignorance of many civilized customs and, in fact, society in general. Shujo soon became both the most valuable and the most detrimental member of the group. Shujo used lots of magic tools and enchantments and, while the group was neutral on the issue, many die hard members thought that it might corrupt the purity of the groups goal. However, Shujo's sword was the most effective of the entire groups, in more ways than one. He intimidated many higher ups while being the most effective, as well as one of the most loyal, members of the group. He was invaluable to the success of the movement. To this day, The Fool continues to serve The Emperor, uncaring of how heavy his bloodied blade may weigh upon his soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Sheet:
Name: Shujo Mekarah
Nickname: "The Fool"
Alliance: Dead Arcane
Personality: "The Fool is unmoulded potential, pure and innocent, neither positive nor negative yet containing the possibility of both. He is the unconditioned soul about to come into manifestation for the first time to start learning the lessons of the world. Though everyone calls him a Fool, he does not pay them any attention, and he simply goes on his way. Certainly what they say can be justified, since his ignorance of the world can lead him to do things that more experienced people would never imagine. But in these things he can find knowledge and enlightenment. He does not care what others think or say about him, because he knows that what he is doing is right for him."
Appearance:
-Hair Color: Brown
-Eye Color: Blue
-Skin Tone: Pale
-Body Type: Very Slim
-Height: 6'4"
-Other Features: None
-Portrait:
Weapon(s): Katana
Armor: Simple vest made out of high strength nano fibers. Can stop knives with low chance of injury and small bullets with low chance of PERMANENT injury
Abilities/magic: None
Skills: Decent chef, Amateur boxer, Tarot card reader, Can Pick Locks
Brief History: The moment it all started for Shujo was simultaneously the moment it all ended. His parents were killed in some of the early Valkyrie tests, earning a deep and unyielding hatred for all things related to the group. He lived on his own for roughly six years before looters found his house. When the police arrived, a 7 year old Shujo was sitting in the middle of the three dead would-be looters, his families prized heirloom, an oriental katana, sitting in his lap. The child claimed that one of them killed the other two with the blade, stabbed himself, and that Shujo simply picked up the blade from the body. That argument was shot down quickly. Shujo spent the next ten years in Juvenile prison, learning many different things, over the years. When he got out, he could pick locks, cook, box, and make a shiv out of nothing but a magazine and some craft glue. Roughly two years later, when Shujo was 16, he was found by Dead Arcane. At that time, they only had three members. He was given the title of "The Fool" for his ignorance of many civilized customs and, in fact, society in general. Shujo soon became both the most valuable and the most detrimental member of the group. The main goal of Dead Arcane was the limitation of the use of magic in modern society, based around a firm belief that if the Gods wanted for humans to use magic as liberally as they do, they would have left all the doors of knowledge open from the start. all Shujo was really in for was the destruction of the Valkyrie program, which was a secondary goal. He tended to be quite rash, attacking any Valkyrie he saw the second he saw it, not caring for the consequences or the well being of the rest of the group. Eventually, one Valkyries became fed up, with this. The group suffered a major attack, killing all members but Shujo, who was out on an assignment. This act only fueled the fire of Shujo's hatred for the Valkyries. Now, as the only member of Dead arcane and a master Swordsman, Shujo hunts for Valkyries one by one, hoping to one day eliminate them from the face of the earth.
I'm ok with using quotes to help describe a personality, and I won't usually criticize personality much, but I will need more than what is essentially dialogue.

How long and wide is the katana? Is it single edged or dual edged? Has it been charmed by the blacksmith? What metal is it made of? Is the scabbard standard or can it be doubled as a bludgeoning club? Does it have a pommel?

Nanofiber armor is fine, but it might not be quite enough. You can keep this as is, but I do recommend a magic filter as there are both Balder Front and Odin Initiative snipers. Of course, we can't just shoot you dead which is why I'll allow this, but still.

I see no ailities/magic and this is ok, but I'm going to remind you normal humans, even including civilians, are capable of minor magical feats without training.

One major problem with the history...The current mission the Valkyrie are on is the first mission for Valkyrie ever. This is the first time they have ever been out of The Odin Initiatives facilities, therefor it would be impossible for a Valkyrie to have killed your parents. There is also the fact that when your character was as young as he was when it all happened there were very few successful Valkyrie, as human experimentation was only just being started. My point is, pretty much anything in this history isn't possible save the Dead Arcane, which I'm ok with allowing provided more information.

Now onto Arcane Dead...I'm going to need information on it. I understand it was a group of people that thought magic was not to be used by mankind, but that's really the only information given. How do they feel about magic machinery? Where are they based? Why were they formed? (Given the Valkyrie have only been "released" today) I was also given the impression he was the only member, and I can't allow this if a later player wants to join the roleplay as a member. Granted you could play out the character joining Shujo, but some people, such as myself, like to use already established and older characters (Herleva is a bit young for me, even.) Basically, I need more information before I can accept this since I will be placing it on page one for others to see in case someone wants to make another character or a new player wants to join as part of this group.

• Thank You
Reactions: Daws Combine
Understood. I'll give it a full makeover at my earliest convenience. Sorry for fucking it up, so bad.

• Thank You
OK gais!
Just for your knowledge, I will be using my secondary character later on tonight, how much later I do not know.

The character is indeed approved by Squee off-site, reason for this is that I want him to remain as much a mystery as possible, if your character(s) end up knowing something about him it will be mentioned the posts I make with him.

Feel free to act towards him as your characters would normally do.

Just for your knowledge, I will be using my secondary character later on tonight, how much later I do not know.
The character is indeed approved by Squee off-site, reason for this is that I want him to remain as much a mystery as possible, if your character(s) end up knowing something about him it will be mentioned the posts I make with him.
Feel free to act towards him as your characters would normally do.
This

Understood. I'll give it a full makeover at my earliest convenience. Sorry for fucking it up, so bad.
Hey, no problem! It was decent, just didn't quite fit ^^

I know. Also, his parents weren't killed BY Valkyries. They were killed when they were being tested on to try and turn them INTO Valkyries. Well.... not anymore. I'm changing that, a bit. Otherwise, I understand how it didn't really worked. Got a little too over-eager.

Much better. The sword is going to be a good asset to him, its enchantment should bring him back up to par with his enemies. Titanium is not a metal you want to fuck with.

A tattoo as a magic filter...I hadn't thought of this, but assuming it can still carry the proper metal conduits (Modern day prison inks contain more metal shards than normal, so getting it through a professional is not inconceivable.) then it works fine. Without a formal power source I'm going to assume it's powered by thermal energy (body heat) so I'm going to allow this.

History is much better. Arcane Dead should be pretty riled up when they hear about the Valkyrie. Ok, accepted and I will put a description of Arcane Dead into the first post.

@Aleksander
@Blitzkriegxd1

Until I hear from both of you your characters will be labeled as NPCs. Please get back to me if you wish to return.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Daws Combine
Much better. The sword is going to be a good asset to him, its enchantment should bring him back up to par with his enemies. Titanium is not a metal you want to fuck with.
Well, enchantment aside.

From Wikipedia regarding titanium
""Commercial (99.2% pure) grades of titanium have ultimate tensile strength of about 434 MPa (63,000 psi), equal to that of common, low-grade steel alloys, but are less dense""
** further down in that article **
""Titanium is fairly hard (although not as hard as some grades of heat-treated steel), non-magnetic and a poor conductor of heat and electricity. ""

Titanium is stronger than aluminum, but weaker than steel. Yes, it will still be strong and lighter than steel but not stronger.
So, clashing with a steel blade might actually damage your sword. ^^

Sorry to be a killjoy, but a lot of people misunderstand the usages of Titanium, so I thouht I should just let people know.
There is notihng to say that the science in this particular world cannot have made it better... But as per our real world, Titanium is weaker than properly treated steel.

But don't forget the enchantment that prevents the sword from taking damage. Unless the steel is enchanted specifically to damage the sword, it should be fine.

But don't forget the enchantment that prevents the sword from taking damage. Unless the steel is enchanted specifically to damage the sword, it should be fine.
Not saying it cannot work fine for you in this world, I was more poking at Squee regarding his statement towards titanium.
By itself, as a bladed weapon, it's weaker than proper steel. But everyone keeps thinking it's da sheet in weaponry...

Status
Not open for further replies.