The Next Age: Los Angeles

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily Vaughn
The girl couldn't help but utter a small giggle as Linc or Blade, as he just called himself, asked if she had a superhero name. Shaking her head, she focused on the path infront of her before calling out behind her.
Sadly I'm not too super. I'd imagine if I had one, it would be something like "Stormcaller" or "Windwhisperer"

She smiled at the thought of being a superhero like in the comics. She knew she would never be one, herself committing a few petty crimes like shop lifting and graffiting every so often with her friends. That was far behind her now, and now she was just struggling to stay out of FEAD's clutches.

The group rounded a corner and the sewer path split off in two directions. One was labeled with construction tape, and seemed unfinished. Ducking under the tape she urge her companions to follow her as she lead them too a wall of metal bars. The sections of the bars were actually broken off, just wide enough for Comedy too slip through.
On the other side of the bars was a room, bigger than most garages, and tall enough for Comedy too stand up on his tippy toes. Emily gave a wave around the room.

Welcome to my villa. My home away from home.
The room was littered with boxes, several posters, a couch, and two bunk beds. It resembled what a teenagers summer camp dorm would look like, because in fact it was a hide away from a group of teenagers. All of them were long gone, either in FEAD custody or on the run from them. The last too remain was Emily.
She frowned at the lose of her friends, the closest thing to family she had. Isiah had superstrength, and was the one who broke the bars that barred this room off. He also carried most of the furniture down here. Tori was a cryomancer, and her former best friend. She was the first to be captured by FEAD. Gregory was Tori's boyfriend, a shapeshifter. Finally there was Mimic. She was quiet, and could only mimic the sound of other people or things. Her family went on the run after she was captured.
Pushing the sad thoughts aside Emily took a seat on a couch.

We outta be safe here for the next few hours. We should get to know each other!
She said with a happy grin.
So, do either of you-
A sharp silencing echo sound cut her off. She recognized the sound from once before when FEAD shot at her. Silenced guns.
Shit! What should we do??
She looked toward the entrance, and only exit, of the small room. She didn't know if she should stay, or leave through the opening. If they found them, they would be cornered like animals.
~~~

Agent Carver
The smell of vampire blood was in the air, and as Love approached the wolf-man, he gave her a semi-friendly snarl.
Love. Hasn't been long enough.
Carver typically wasn't a fan of vampires, but Petit was an exception.
I suppose its Agent Scarlet at the moment.
His voice was gruffer than normal, and emitted a low growl as he spoke. Eyeing the two other agents as they approached he address them, Carver looked them up and down. Almost with a hungry gaze. He gave a low grumble as he started to crawl into the manhole.
I don't do well in packs. Follow me and shut up. I won't be able to track their smell, so I'm relying on hearing.
Going into the dark without them, Carver's eyes quickly adapted to the dark. As the rest of the FEAD agents came down behind him he spotted a trail of footprints in the shit. The enlarged foot prints of what he assumed was Comedy easily stood out. The silence was eerie, and as the team stalked through the dark a silenced shot echoed through through the space. The trail came too a crossing, the gunshot came from the left and the footprints went to the right.
I'll go check those shots, you three go along that way.
Without waiting for an objection, Carver dropped too all fours and sprinted away.
~~~

Killshot
The ride over was quiet. Killshot decided it was against his best interest to have his teammate kill him on their first assignment. Dropping the pair off at a warehouse, they provided a van big enough for Charger too comfortable sit in the back with a suit on. The drive was just as boring, the suit dragging the already slow van along the harbor district, and the radio already busted. Finally reaching the location, Drake popped open the back doors for Charger.
We've arrived. Just gotta stop in, say hello, then we can go and rendezvous with the others.
The building itself was old and falling apart. The first floor was a warehouse by the looks of it, the doors rusted and the paint peeling. A door on the side was ajar, exposing a set of stairs. Heading too them, Drake called behind him.
Guy just goes by Stan. Ex druggie. Also an extranormal, got the power to smell feelings. Really weird.
At the top of the stair, was a single door. At first Drake started too knock, before realizing the door knob was blown off.
Looks like this got alot more exciting.
Drawling his pistol, Drake gave a nod towards Charger, then kicked the door open.
Fuck.
The apartment was a bloody mess, literally. Stan was laid out on a table, his arms and legs tied down to the table. His jaw broken open, his nose cut off and shoved into his open mouth. His eyes were missing, and his stomach was cut wide open.
Uh Belmont. Stan is dead.
Observing the body closer, the incisions were expertly done. Like a surgeon had cut the body apart.
Thats not good. Be on the look out you two.
The Elven woman said, slightly appalled. Drake heard the low rumbling of an engine cut off right outside the building. Taking a peek from the window, a black van was stopped in front, a small fire team of soldiers slipping out of it.
Looks like you're gonna have some fun with that suit Charge'.
As if on cue, gunfire erupted from the street. Their silencers only dampening the sound of the hail of bullets. Glass shattered as Drake put away his pistol and he reached for his marksman rifle, which hung from a strap across his shoulders. A bullet caught him in the arm, but it was alittle more than an annoyance.
A piece of glass slid across his cheek cutting him. Within seconds the wound was healed, but he quickly put his visor back down more annoyed than anything.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Comedy
Sewers

As Comedy walked in, he felt a bit of nostalgia when looking at this makeshift hideaway. Not that he was here for it, but the hideout reminded him when he first started living in the wilds of Alaska. Lived in a cave for a few years, before building a makeshift cabin around said cave. It wasn't grand or beautiful. But it did its job in providing him shelter.

From the looks of things, there would've been a group of people living here. But from the look on the girl's face, their fates were not looking great. It saddened and angered Comedy. Children having to live like rats just because they weren't normal.

He could only hope things would change.

As the girl was about to say something, there was a peculiar noise. He couldn't describe it perfectly. But, the girl recognized the sound it would seem. And from the look on her face. It wasn't a good sound.

It seemed that they were being followed and now running the risk of being cornered.

He took the initiative. Comedy went through the broken opening. Making sure to use his body to shield it. He motioned and growled for the two to make a run for it. He hated not having working vocal cords. Once the two had made a run for it, hopefully. He would follow suit. However, he soon heard that noise again, and soon felt a sharp pain on his right shoulder. As he ran, he looked at his arm. Seemed that a bullet had grazed it. Enough to cause a small amount of bleeding. It would heal quick, so he didn't worry. He would have to clean the jacket and repair. But right now, he other things to focus on.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spectre
Sewers

Spectre followed the werewolf along with the group. Seemed the werewolf and the vampire had history. Almost like in the books and movies.

That was when they heard the odd noise. He immediately recognized what could make that sound. A suppressed weapon. He had experience with them after all. He would've went with the werewolf, but he didn't want to cause any issues with both the werewolf and the team. As he was sure they had orders to take him down if he seemed as if he was doing something wrong.

So, as they went in the other direction, following the footprints. He noticed movement ahead. Aiming the pistol given to him by the F.E.A.D. With a suppressor so he didn't blow out the eardrums of his teammates. He fired a warning shot. However, with the lack of the bullet hitting wall and the sound of a body hitting the floor. He assumed he must've grazed someone or something.

"Agent Scarlet. Wounded one of them. Vampires can track via the scent of blood. Correct?" He said, his usual robotic voice having a bit of questioning in it. But, still remained emotionless all the same.
@Lonewolf888978 @Cush Almighty @Moogle-Girl @WhoeverElseIForgotToMention

Linc Midora
LA Sewers - Emily's HIdeout

Linc was amazed at the quality of the hideout. He hadn't been expecting much -- maybe an old rug and a couple hammocks, but nothing more, but this place had actual beds. He plopped down on one, bouncing a little as the metal springs squeaked in protest. "This is awesome," he said. He was looking forward to making this girl laugh more with his amazing jokes.

A sharp sound cut into their little break. Firecrackers? Or a gun? Linc couldn't tell; it sounded strange. But the girl clearly knew, and she knew it wasn't good.

The masked guy was the first to act, putting himself in the opening and motioning for the other two to slip past and run. "No way, are you crazy?" Linc hissed. "We're a team." He positioned himself next to the brute and clapped his hands together. His arms turned to smooth metal and his hands fused into each other, shifting and extending into the shape of a katana blade. A bullet flew past, missing his face by inches. It grazed the brute's arm before scattering bits of brick from the wall behind them. Linc widened his stance and focused. His blade was held high, his metallic arms shielding some of his vital organs.

Footsteps were approaching. Several people's worth. Time to show them what cornered animals were made of.

~Agent 'Charger'~
Chardonnay Rouge LaCezanne / FEAD Agent Code: C0-958

(Some Dockside Warehouse | Oct. 28th | Current PST)

<~~~<★>~~~>

no-lightbox
Nicknames: 'Donnay' / 'Char' / 'Lacey' / 'Lith'

~That's not good. Be on the look out, you two~ said Belmont over comms.

~Roger that. Don't have to tell me twice,~ Charger replied and fired up the Arc Lancers in her gauntlets. And in this moment, more so than ever, Donnay was so thankful for the Star-Kiron 06's life support systems; she could not smell the outside air.

Yes, the sight of poor ol' Stan was rather horrific, to say the least. The unfortunate fellow was now a corpse on that slab, tied down, tortured before death and quite possibly missing several internal somethings, and, judging by the wetworks here, missing almost all his blood. But that was not what would have made Agent Charger throw up; she would have tossed her cookies should she have unfortunately been able to the smell of all that drying blood, human insides and decay. And had she been able to smell it she would have sprayed the insides of her suit all kinds of nasty liquids, chunks and colours. Not to mention the smell in the aftermath of said spray. Eww.

But instead she steeled her mettle and plodded on over closer to what was left of Stan. "06, get me a read of what's gone missing inside the victim... if anything..."

"Of course, Agent Charger. Scanning now..." Donnay watched as a 3-D rendering was manifesting onto her virtual HUD. Suddenly there was a low pulsing red in the corner of her view, "External sensors picking up a lone moving vehicle..."

~Killshot. Sir, we gots company~ she transmitted to Forester but as she glanced over, he was already peering out the window at the newcomers.

~Looks like you're gonna have some fun with that suit Charge--~ he was cut off by several silenced bullets smashing through the window.

One tagged her on left shoulder, just narrowly missing a devastating hit on her shoulder gun. It was a big calibre gun that hit Charger and she spun with the inertia. ~Agent Belmont, Star-Kiron 06 is sending you renders of the internal scan of the dead Agent's body!~ "06, we need imaging out there. Extended range, triangulate from the intruder vehicle." ~Killshot, I'm going airborne to draw fire, then lighting strikes, then close quarter engagement. We got at least one high calibre sniper, sir, 06 will submit location.~

"Alright, 06, let's go crack some skulls but let's leave someone alive to talk to today, okay, girl...?"

"We have no record of confirmed kills, Agen--"

"Sarcasm, 06. That was sarcasm..."

The engines on her back fired up as Charger took a running start at the windows. They roared into life as she dove and smashed right through the glass. The broken shards hailed down upon the assailants and FEAD satallite imaging blipped up onto hers and Killshot's display. A heartbeat after the display went up, the Agent's targets were then outlined in red.

"Try not to kill them all, sarcastically speaking, Agent Charger..."

"Hahahahahaha, well played, 'Agent 06'..."

<~<★>~>​

The diversion worked, after a moment of shielding themselves from broken glass, a bullet storm hailed back at the airborne Agent. The ones that hit her bounced away harmlessly. Save for one. The one bullet in particular nailed her shoulder, once again, spinning her round, and this time a sliver of a hair away from disabling her shoulder gun. Too close...! Hopefully Drake takes that guy out or else... naw, man. It can't be...!

Charger saved that train of thought for later. As of now, she concentrated several blasts onto the highlighted marks below. Thunder roared out as her lightning bolts lit up the parking lot. When it was all said and done, 3 out of the 4 targets were downed in a smoking pile, stunned, unconcious and badly out of the fight. But the one that still stood...

"Target 04 unharmed and still at 100% vitals, Agent. It absorbed all incoming electrical strikes."

"What...? Dammit." ~Killshot, we got an Exen! Target 04 took my lightning bolt and-- OOOOOFFF!!~

An opaque indigo beam nailed Charger in the gut, stunning the powered suit, and sent her flying into and through the side of the opposite building the pair of Agents originally entered. "Owww... 06...! 06!! Status report! 06!!" A momentary delay set Donnay into a small panic then suddenly:

"Minor external damage. Star-Kiron 06 is still at 96% operational, no serious injury to Agent Charger... yet."

"Hey...!!"

"Sarcastically speaking, Agent..."

Another beam fired out from the chest of the soldier, narrowly missing Charger and exploding into the rubble of the broken wall. Instinctively, Charger raised her Arc Lancer to return fire. But she held off the urge at the last second. Naw, you sneaky bastard, it's what you want me to do. Charger rocketed upward into the air again. No more electric-charged candies for you, but I do need to get closer to get into tranq range.

Another beam narrowly missed her as she spun and changed her trajectory at the last second. This guy is a good shot too. Probably the second sniper-- oh wait! Awww Dammit!

~Hey, Killshot, you clean up on that sniper out there or what? If so, it'd be nice if you could provide some cover fire here. I need to get closer to that Exen to take him out--~ another indigo beam fired and this time more concentrated, thinner and somehow quicker; it clipped her other shoulder and sent her for a bit of a spin.

~Yeah, and careful,~ she said as she regained control and swooped back around to once again draw fire towards her, ~this guy has pretty good aim--~

~--Better than you, Agent Killshot. He is actually capable of hitting the side of a barn... sarcastically speaking--~

~Alright, alright already! Enough with the 'sarcastically speaking!' Stow it, 06! We're in the middle of a firefight here!~

And even though, rather annoying at the moment, Donnay was rather pleased with Star-Kiron 06's AI picking up on humour-- especially the part where 06 sassed Forester. A hint of a smirk just could not help but pull up at the corner of the big woman's lips.

<~~~<★>~~~>

Emily Vaughn
She couldn't believe her luck. By now she would've been off the radar and away from FEAD, but she forgot to account for the fact that her staying with her saviors would only bring more attention on herself. Regardless she had a choice.
Stay with Linc and the masked man, risk getting captured, or worse.
or she could run, like she was good at. Sure there was a chance she would be caught, but she knew these sewers better than anyone.
The masked man was the first to leave, along with
Blade. Taking a deep breath Emily made her decision.
Alright follow me, I can get us out of here. There is a way out by the harbor side, goes right into the warehouses at the Bay. If we can get there, me and my friends rigged a trap to seal off the tunnel entrance.
Starting to run, she could hear the agents closing in. A bullet whizzed past Emily and hit the wall.
Shit. I won't be too helpful in a fight down here.
The sewer system was a labyrinth, and Emily nearly got her and the group lost through the twist and turns.
Turning the corner, she spotted moonlight shining through a sewer grate. Above, very distantly, she could hear the music of a festival. No doubt in full swing by now.
Another turn and Emily came halting to a stop.

In front of them, soldiers in high tech gear stood, not yet noticing the group. Most of them were messing with a device in the center, connecting wires to the walls of the sewer cave. Silencers were on all of their guns, as their automatic weaponry either sat propped up nearby or hung from a strap on their persons.
In a pile between Emily and the soldiers, was a group of bodies. The majority looked like gangbangers, all executed with bullets through the head.

Oh my God.....Looks like this is where the silencer shot came from.
Emily said partly to herself, her eyes not breaking from the bodies. She slowly moved closer to Linc and the masked man.

Agent Carver
Carver navigated through the corridors, but it wasn't easy. He heard the shot of a silencer up ahead, and decided it must be where the rest of the team was. Carver pressed his way through the sewers, careful to not get any shit on his fur. It would be a long bath to get that out of his pelt, and he hated baths. A strange new smell entered his nose, separate from the normal shit he was smelling. It burnt his nostrils with every whiff and he finally realized the smell. Gunpowder, and loads of it.
Trying his best to follow the smell, he came across the source. In an open area, a group of soldiers were messing with a bomb in the center of the chamber. Attaching wires too the walls of the sewer, Carver gave a growl. (A separate chamber from where Emily and the gang is. Yes there are TWO bombs >;) )

Belmont, you copy? We got baddies in the sewer system, military personal messing with a bomb. I'm going to go defuse the situation.
Carver wait for back up, don't engage.
Ignoring the woman, Carver pounced from the shadows at the closest man, knocking him into the ground and ripping his chest open. Gunfire erupted from the other men, hitting Carver across the chest, shoulders, and face.Though they didn't save their friend, it did piss Carver off. When they finally emptied their clips, Carver stood up on two legs. The bullet holes on Carver closed up, the metal falling to the ground. Growling he took a step towards of the soldiers.
Didn't anyone tell you only to use Silver against a werewolf?
Going back into battle, Carver swiped a claw across the closest mans throat, and grabbed a seconds leg with his jaw. Breaking his femur, Carvers claw punctured the mans lungs as he took a bite of the mans leg. Spitting out the cloth, but keeping the meat Carver looked toward a third man, with several more behind him.
His legs tensed up, but before he could lunge forward, he heard movement behind him. Swinging a claw, to Carvers surprise his arm was caught. Carvers eyes were wide open as he realized who caught his arm. Growling he broke free and swiped a claw at the man, who ducked under it. Bringing up a sword, the man sliced Carver across the side, not a deep wound, but enough to hurt.

Not silver, but magic will work on a wolf too. Right Carver? Come old friend, settle down so we can talk about things.
The man said amused. His armor resembled that of a knight, if one had modern technology on his side. The sword was perfectly crafted, and a white aura resembling that of a fire engulfed the blade.
I'm going to rip you limb from limb you fucking LARPer.
Carver lunged again, but this time the knight brought up his other hand, a kite shield emerging from the forearm of the suit. Using it like a catapult, the knight dropped to a knee and launched Carver backwards. Landing on his side, Carver winched in pain at the wound the blade caused.
Belmont. Arthur is here.
What? Carver you get the fuck out of there, back up is on the way.
Carver tossed his comlink to the side, and turned his hungry gaze towards the knight, who rose his sword.
Last chance Carver. I can get you a place in our organization, one that will treat you much better than FEAD.
Carver came low this time, on all fours. Swiping upwards, he caught the knights shield with his claws and knocked him off balance. Swiping down towards his chestplate, Carver slowly came to a stop. Feeling surprisingly hot, he look down at his stomach, where the knights enchanted blade planted itself.
Pulling it free, the knight swung across the werewolfs neck, a large gash nearly cleaving through the agents head.
Dors bien mon vieil ami. (French for "Sleep Well Old Friend.")
The werewolfs body fell to its knees, then to its side as Carver took his last look on the world.

Agent Killshot
Firing from the window, Drakes rifle fired into one mans knee, and as he gasped in pain he fired a second bullet into his head. Letting his trigger finger get the better of him, he lit another guy up before having to go back behind cover as a covering fire rattled the wall he took cover behind. Glancing back over the wall, the soldiers that were firing at him moments before found themselves at the wrong ends of the lightning strikes, as Charger took several of them out.
"What...? Dammit." ~Killshot, we got an Exen! Target 04 took my lightning bolt and-- OOOOOFFF!
Drake watched as a beam slammed into Charger, cutting her off.
Drake suppressed a chuckle and said.
Sorry I didn't catch that Agent. Did you say Target 04 took your lightning bolt like a champ and sent it back your way? Tell you what Charge' you take care of that Exen, and I will handle the little helpers.
As if on cue, Drake heard the steps of soldiers marching up the stairs outside the door. Setting the rifle to the side, Drake drew his pistol and one of his knives. Getting a running start on the door, he manged to time it in sync with the tangos as the opened it. Sliding the knife into the first mans throat, he used him as a meat shield as he fired into a second mans chest. A third man fired a shotgun blast into the meat shield, sending Drake to the floor on his back. Gasping for breath, he finished the third man off with a well placed bullet in the head. Pushing his meat shield off of him, Drake didn't have to much time to recover as a fourth and fifth man came up the stairs.
Oh fuck these guys.
Sounding more disappointed than anything, he drew a pistol from the meatshields belt and discharged a hail of bullets at the two. As they lay slumped on the stairs, Drake stood up looking down at his stomach. The meatshield took most of the impact of the shotgun blast, but a few pellets found themselves lodged into Drakes torso. Thankfully Drakes enhanced healing would have them all healed up soon, but there would be no doubt Drake would still be sore in the morning. Reloading his pistol and heading back to the front of the loft so he could finish up any of the soldiers outside, Chargers familiar voice came onto the comms.
Hey, Killshot, you clean up on that sniper out there or what? If so, it'd be nice if you could provide some cover fire here. I need to get closer to that Exen to take him out. Yeah, and careful this guy has pretty good aim
Better than you, Agent Killshot. He is actually capable of hitting the side of a barn... sarcastically speaking

The robotic voice of Chargers suit finished up the sentence, even throwing in a joke. Drake laughed, partly because Charger taught an AI comedy, and partly because the robot was funny.
Yeah, yeah I'm on it. I was a bit busy greeting the guests.
Setting up the rifle, the few remaining soldiers were focused on his Exen partner instead of him. Drake scanned the area, before seeing the muzzle flash of the sniper down the street some. Lining up the shot, Drake said into his coms.
That suit of yours has a better sense of humor than you Charger,

His cross hairs hovered over the snipers head.
Sarcastically speaking of course.
Pulling the trigger, the sniper went limp and disappeared out of view.
They don't call me Killshot for nothing.
Drake said to himself, smirking before realizing he was still on the comlink with Charger.
Errr, that sniper is outta the picture Charger. Lets clean up here.

I'm sending you two coordinates.
Belmont came on the line. She sounded panicky and alarmed. Whatever was getting at her had to be bad.
What's the problem Bel? You sound spooked.
Carver is dead.
The line was silent for a moment.
The rest of your team is going to be next if you two don't meet up with them. Carver stumbled upon a bomb underneath the city, along with some military personal guarding it.
Carvers a werewolf though. Did they really come prepared with silver bullets.
Thats not what killed him. Arthur did.
Shit.
Drake's whole demeanor changed upon hearing that name. Drake wasn't too close to Carver, and only knew him because they were both in line to become Operators. Carver was closer than him, and was almost a fully fledged one.
Regardless, Arthur was once an Operator before going rouge. Arthur was also Drakes trainer, teacher, and partner at one point. When Arthur wen't AWOL, Drake took it the hardest.
And once again he was feeling the pain, as he grabbed his gun and vaulted from the window. Landing on one of the enemy soldiers and firing a shot into his head. A second and third shot found its way into another man close to the van they arrived in.

Agent Charger, finish cleaning up here. I'm getting a head start to the coordinates Belmont sent, I'll meet you there.

Hoping into the van and peeling out, Drake headed towards the warehouse district..

Agent -
Scarlet
Lovelie "Love" Moreau Petit​

Agent Carver broke away from Scarlets team to check out gunfire and told them to keep moving along. As soon seen movement ahead and Spectre being armed with a pistol shot at the figures and hit one of them. She wasn't too happy about that. It wouldn't look too good if they killed someone. He did make a useful suggestion. "Correct Spectre. Once Vampires catch's someone scent it's hard to keep them from tracking you. As long as they continue bleeding I'll be able to follow."

Scarlet took a deep breath of the putrid sewer air. The scent of excrement, water, and other strange odors was sicking but she took a small relief in the smell of blood. Her eyes return to their scarlet color and followed the scent to a hideout where she found 3 suspects. She recognizes all 3 from the briefing. She grabbed her swords grip and drew it from the scabbard. One of them, Linc had already prepared for battle and formed his arms into blades. Next, there was Emily and the most dangerous of them. Comedy.

"I'm going need all of you to surrender immediately! I do not want this to get violent. Linc, Emily, I can ensure you the best treatment if you come with us". Agent Scarlet look towards the towering masked murder know as Comedy. "As for you Comedy, You have multiple dead agents on your hand. I suggest you get on your knees and don't give me a reason to rip you apart." Scarlet didn't want to beat up some kids and hope to get them to give up. They were cornered and it was checkmate. Scarlet's eyes were still in bloodlust. Her eyes cause a natrual dread and intimidation in humans. Humans were programmed to either run or fight vampires. The dread they feel is there brian telling them they're in danger.

Reactions: Lonewolf888978
Comedy

Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

Infront of them were armed individuals working on some type of device. And behind them, were more armed individuals hunting them down. One of them spoke to the group. A red eyed woman wielding a strange sword. She told the other two to surrender and they'll get special treatment. then told him about the agents he has killed. They weren't the only blood on his hands. He had a large amount of kills under his belt. Some deserved what they got. Some just got in the way. But, was he proud? No, he felt a decent amount of guilt, but those agents made their choice when they ignored his crude messages, telling them to leave him alone. Afterall, it was all he wanted. Was to be left alone. A simple request.

However, it would seem it was going to be awhile until said request would be fulfilled. Especially right now. He looked between the group messing with the device, and the ones hunting them. Sizing them up. Seeing which one was more of a threat. Both were in their respective ways. As he was doing this, a thought came to mind. What if a firefight ensued? The boy with the metal arms could handle himself. He had that type of air around him. And Comedy could handle a few bullets. But the girl lacked the ability to regenerate or make body parts metal. And from her comment about her abilities while down here, she wouldn't last if such a fight broke out.

So, he stepped infront of the girl. Positing himself in such a way that if a fight occurred, he would be able to shield her from both groups. But also make sure that he couldn't restrict her movement incase she had to make an escape.

His hand reached down to his weapon. Grasping the hilt, he pulled out a rather large machete. The blade may have looked a bit worn and rusty in certain spots, but it was evident that the blade was still very sharp and capable of dealing a lot of damage. Especially in his hands. Comedy looked at the group that was hunting them. Letting out a strange noise, almost like a growl. Similar to a feral animal that had been cornered, but was ready to fight...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Spectre's part will be edited in later. Apologies!]​

~Agent 'Charger'~
Chardonnay Rouge LaCezanne / FEAD Agent Code: C0-958

(Some Dockside Warehouse | Oct. 28th | Current PST)

<~~~<★>~~~>

no-lightbox
Nicknames: 'Donnay' / 'Char' / 'Lacey' / 'Lith'

~That suit of yours has a better sense of humor than you Charger, sarcastically speaking of course.~

Agent Charger retorted, ~Hey...! You stow it too unless you didn't notice we're in the middle of a firefight maybe...?~

On their image feed, the red glow surrounding the rooftop shooter with the big calibre gun winked out. Target down. ~They don't call me Killshot for nothing...~

~Really...? Ooooh, goldstar for you then, sir. Mommy Killshot must be soooo proud...~

~Errr, that sniper is outta the picture Charger. Lets clean up here.~

~Roger that. Time to put boyfriend here to sleep...~

With the rooftop sniper taken out, all was clear for Charger to go one-on-one with the Exen on the ground. It was a showdown between the Energy Redirector and the Electricity Manipulator. And it was over in a heartbeat.

The Exen stopped blasting out indigo beams when he realized the other sniper had been shot. He swivelled his head towards the rooftop and yelled, "NO!!! Matty!! Dammit! MAT--"

Two darts nailed him in the neck and he went down. Anticlimactic, yes, but at least it was done. Charger swept in and landed near the limp body of the soldier. Soon enough she was cuffing the guy while bullets bounced off her back.

"06, get me a read out on anyone with the name 'Arthur' from FEAD database..." listening in on the convo between Belmont and Forester, she did notice that awkward silence after the name 'Arthur' was mentioned. "...yeah aaaaaand hide your tracks too, girl. "

"Restricted, Agent. Wait. Working... working... on screen, Agent."

She already knew about Carver but about this Arthur person... There was about 7 seconds in which Charger was able to skim the file before the feed was pulled. But it was enough to see a few familiar names there. And it was enough to see why there was a sudden change in Forester and his tone of voice.

~Agent Charger, finish cleaning up here. I'm getting a head start to the coordinates Belmont sent, I'll meet you there.~

~Affirmative. On it.~ Charger rocketed upward and began blasting away at the red targets on her visual feed. They were easily disposed of since they all came out from cover and started shooting at the van Killshot comandeered; it was their only ride home afterall. Several lightning bolts later and all was relatively calm once more. ~Done and done. Ms. Belmont. Need 'Clean-up on Aisle 5,' please.~

~Already on route. Now go neutralize that threat, Agent.~~

~Affirmative. En route, Madame.~

Before rocketing off, she stared down at the fallen Exen, shackled up and just lying there unconcious and vulnerable. Another pang in her heart she felt and closed her eyes, hoping this moment of guilt would pass swiftly. But it didn't. "I'm sorry about your friend... I really am. But it's what we've become. But mostly I'm sorry FEAD is going to try to turn you into one of us."

Chardonnay had no idea who this soldier was, but then again she never knew most of those that she had captured and turned over to FEAD. But each time she turned someone in, it cracked her soul that much more. It would only be a matter of time before she herself cracked.

Agent Charger sighed as she rose. Suddenly, the engines on her back roared into life and she rocketed away, high into air space, flying towards the location of the other members of the X-Ray Squad.

<~★~>​

"Hey, bruh... hey about earlier--"

"Lacey! Hi there...! Good to hear ya, girlie! So! I heard you workin' with Belmont, eh?"

"Whoa, you don't sound upset at me in the least--"

"Ach, I'm sooooo done and over it. Was noooooothing... so! Tell me! Are ya workin' with Eliza?"

"Eliza...? Wut!? Mickey, what does this have to do with-- Uuuuughs... Look, I only called in cuz I need you to do a little bit of research for me--"

"Yeah-yeah. Right so how she lookin' these days--"

"Hey, down, boy! You know, you have a wife, Francis! Keep it in your pants--"

"Too late... brought enough for the whole class, I did... heheheheheh--"

"--sarcastically speaking--"

"EWWW!! No. NO!! Stop right there. And you stay out of this, 06!!"

"What? That was Ms. Snarky-Six makin' joke? Huh. What did you do to it, Lacey? But ya know... That was actually well timed and rather natural for it to--"

"Knock it off. That's not why I contacted you. Listen. Mick, the little muscle squad that we took on just now... The snipers were shooting the shoulder guns."

"Good sized targets, Lace..."

"Okay, but the entire suit is the best sized target. Someone knows about the Star-Kiron 06's design flaws."

"Yeah, but bullets--"

"It was a serious Bigtime gun. We got damage where the sniper hit me. There was an Exen there too. A kind of Energy Redirector. He did some focus beam shots n' aime right at the shoulder guns, bruh."

"..."

"Mickey...! Come in, McMichaelson. You there?"

"Yeah-yeah... so you really think someone knows about the suit's weak spots, eh...? But who?"

"Exactly. I need you to poke around. Find out who had beef with Dr. Star or Ms. Kiron? Maybe it's someone had issue with the Research and Experiments--"

"Or maybe it's someone who wants the tech."

"'Or maybe it's someone who wants the tech...' Damn, bruh. Yeah..."

"Okay. Okay, I'm on it..."

"Thank you, so much."

"Oh, and Lacey...?"

"Yeah, Mick...?"

"Take a niiiice pic of Belmont for me... send it to the secure number--"

"--you have a wife, man!! Will ya just keep it in your pants--"

"--too late! There it is then! Hello--"

"EEEEWWWW!!"

<~~★~~>​

Charger did a quick figure 8 in the arispace above the entry point where the X-Ray Squad had last been seen. Upon seeing all was clear, she landed and opened up a channel and broadcast to the rest of the team.

~This is Agent Charger, I am at the entrance to the sewers. Agent Killshot is on his way. Listen up, team. Priority alert, Code 16. There are explosive devices armed and ready to detonate somewhere in those tunnels. Repeat; armed explosive devices.~

A blip on her heads up display showed that Killshot would be here shortly. ~Agent Charger at the rendezvous, Agent Killshot. Standing by, sir.~ Her voice was calm, but inside the suit, she was beginning to perspire; her gut was telling her to rush in there and save her teammates and do the right thing.

But in this moment she knew she had to do what was best for everybody. She had to wait. Killshot was the best person to find the others. This was the man that most likely had the authorized finger to press the authorized kill button to end each and every member of X-Ray Squad. Chardonnay had no doubt that he also had the authorized tech to track down each and every member too.

<~~~<★>~~~>

Linc Midora
LA Sewer System

Linc wasn't happy about running. In fact he was getting pretty sick of it. The only reason he followed was because he knew he wouldn't stand a chance alone in the dark, narrow sewer tunnels without someone to guide him. So he ran, hands still formed into a katana held at his side.

When they broke around the corner, Linc almost barreled out into plain sight, stopped only when Emily threw her arm out and yanked him back. His eyes immediately fell on the pile of dead bodies on the floor. The smell of the sewer masked the decay -- or maybe they were just fresh. Sympathetic pain hit his forehead when he looked at their wounds. "Yeesh," he whispered.

Things only got worse from there when a woman with a curly brown 'do and (admittedly awesome) sword. A FEAD agent. Her eyes were deep red, and when Linc looked into them, a stab of irritation tickled his brain. More than the rotten agents usually annoyed him. Who the hell did this girl think she was? "Like hell," Linc hissed, holding his metal blade in front of him. "You're going to let us out of here, and then we're gonna have a fair fight." He jerked his head back at the soldiers behind them. "Away from your friends."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.