The New Saviors 2.0

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
It felt nice, whatever this was. Something about seeing Alexandria happy and jumping around relaxed him. His eyes searched her face, trying to mentally capture all of the nuances of her happiness. His eyes fell to the infectious curl of her lips before dropping completely to his hands. Aidan smiled to himself, a small feeling of accomplishment surged through him as he realized he was the reason why she was smiling. "Oh, I beg to differ," Aidan teased.

He waved off her little thanks, knowing it had little meaning. It was better to find her white lies than tell her the complete truth, right? Aidan didn't want to ruin the little bit of friendship they had managed to manifest from anger. He was the epitome of conflicted.. This girl, who had had come to almost enjoy, was going to die at his hands. He could betray his mother and they would die a brutal death, or he could lie to Alexandria and give her a less painful death.

Aidan nodded, as it felt like the only comfort he could give Alexandria. "I get it, it's a lot to swallow," he replied. Aidan could barely imagine what it felt like to be in Alexandria's position, and he wasn't sure how to help her cope easier. Aidan wished he had more answers.. Aidan wished he could just do something for Alexandria. "Alex.. I just.. You know, don't go get yourself killed, okay? I think I prefer you alive," he joked, hoping she still took his words seriously.

Something about laying next to a bunch of pillows made it hard for Aidan to relax enough to sleep. Instead, he settled for glaring at the pillow wall, hoping it'd eventually lull him to sleep. And before his eyes, he watched as each pillow was discarded. Aidan looked at Alexandria, the pillows no longer blocking his view. "Nice to see you again," Aidan joked, and he couldn't help but smile. Until he heard Alexandria say goodnight..

He knew what the morning meant. It meant Regina returning and infiltrating his thoughts. Aidan had assumed she had went to sleep, but he knew that she'd always return. There were a lot of times when she'd disappear throughout the day and this was when he had freedom. He had to be cautious, as she'd return soon but it was nice to have a break from being constantly ridiculed. "Goodnight, Alexandria," Aidan mumbled, disappointed this was coming to an end.

She couldn't remember the last time she felt his carefree and close with anyone. It felt good to laugh freely, to joke with someone and with Aidan of all people. She never really thought that they could go from arguing and threats of rolling out of the car to a pillow fight no less. "Careful now, that's when I'll strike, when your guard is down and you least expect it." She countered with a tiny smile of her own. She didn't want this night to end, for fear that when she woke up, they wouldn't have this little moment ever again.

Alexandria couldn't help but laugh faintly and nodded her head. "I'll work on it, I really prefer being alive as well if you must know." She joked back. Though the idea of people wanting to kill her or even possibly attempting to kill her definitely put a dent in trying to help others. She still couldn't quite wrap her mind around the idea that she was there to help and yet someone would want her dead. That idea struck her and her eyes went wide. If someone wanted her dead then they knew.

"Wait, if someone wants me dead then they know! They know about the curse!" The first bit of information excited her, though she understood she might not be able to go to them. "And if someone knows about it then maybe there are others." The fact that there could be others that might be able to help her sparked her excitement. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad. Maybe she was going to be able to figure things out and she could solve the curse with help.

After removing the pillows she had come face to face with Aidan, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips. There was a small question as to why he was facing her, or facing the pillow wall but maybe she simply slept on that side. "It's always a pleasure." She laughed softly as she laid back down. She really didn't want this night to end. Tomorrow meant heading to the small town and throwing herself into breaking the curse.

Not to mention with the way Aidan was acting and speaking, she wasn't too sure if she was going to be able to see him that much. "Are you tired?" She whispered in the dark of night, her eyes adjusting and trailing along Aidan's shadowy figure. Her mind was wired and she was pretty sure she couldn't sleep at the moment, no matter how hard she tried, not that she wanted to try that hard right now.

Aidan scoffed, "You doubt my abilities. My guard is never down." He inched closer, daring Alexandria to strike him. His eyes observed another smile of Alexandria's, and he coughed in an attempt to clear his mind. He hadn't remembered her smile being so warm.. so nice. Aidan was suddenly very aware of their distance, and he moved back. "I.. uh," he scrambled to regain his confidence.

Alexandria's laugh made the subject less grim, and he realized he enjoyed her presence more than he was going to willingly let on. "We barely reunited so let's try and make this last as long as possible, yeah?" Aidan comforted, giving Alexandria a warm smile. He didn't want to say goodbye, already.. His whole life he had regretted losing Alexandria, and he didn't want that to happen again.

Perplexed, Aidan watched as Alexandria's eyes widened. He shifted uncomfortably at Alexandria's words. "I don't know that anyone who knows in that town is going to exactly be a good ally.. Or inform you that they know," Aidan replied, scratching the back of his hand. Would this mean that Alexandria would become distrustful of him? Was that a good thing or a bad thing?

It was odd, being this close. Aidan could have easily wrapped Alexandria in his arms, though this hadn't seemed like a good idea so he decided against it. Her face was so close he could practically feel her breath. He closed his eyes, trying desperately to push these thoughts out of his mind. After a moment, he opened his eyes and smiled. "Yeah, right," he teased, thinking back to when they first saw each other again.

Aidan thought about whether he should respond. Could he just pretend to be asleep? But he didn't want to.. He didn't want this night to end or this peacefulness alongside Alexandria to disappear. Aidan noticed her eyes searching him, though he wasn't sure for what. "Not really," he chuckled, examining Alexandria's face.

Alexandria watched as he inched closer, so close that she could see his blue hues, or the way his eyes crinkled beautifully when he smiled. Gods she was really starting to like that smile with every fiber of her being. While he backed away she took her chance she lunge for another pillow and smack him with it. In movies the two main characters usually kissed or something like that, but this wasn't a movie. Alexandria was not a star of any kind. This was real life and she had to silently tell herself nothing was going to happen.

She smiled and nodded her head, hoping that sometime in the future they would be able to continue their friendship after all this was said and done. She wanted to get to know him, get to know the person he had become. She wanted to be able to make more pillow forts, or have more pillow fights. Alexandria wanted all the fun things that she felt like she had missed out on when she left him behind.

The little bit of hope that she felt rising in her chest quickly fell and she nodded her head. "Oh, right yeah, I mean I guess that makes sense." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She needed to keep her chin up if she was going to save this town. Aidan was right, this wasn't a time for wallowing in her misery. "It's alright, I'll figure something out. No worries." She had to stay positive right now, more for herself than anything.

At first Alexandria couldn't wait to get as far away from Aidan as possible, and the idea of sleeping next to him, this close, had scared her. Now she found it peaceful. "Oh what, you want me to say it's horrendous to be in your presence?" She jokingly questioned, the idea of human touch a comforting thought. Though she didn't reach out to take his hand or anything of that sort, for she thought that would be too weird and he would get upset. So she kept her hands to herself. "I would never lie to you Aidan, it truly is a pleasure seeing your face."

Alexandria wondered if he was asleep and she let out a long sigh, getting ready to close her own eyes. However his answer kept her from doing so. "Yeah, me neither." She laughed gently. She really didn't want this night to end. There was even a part of her that didn't want to leave this hotel room, then maybe they could stay in their happy bubble till the end of time.

The pillow in his face was an unexpected surprise, and Aidan was taken aback for a mere moment.. So, perhaps there were times when he let his guard down. Aidan laughed and threw his hands up in surrender, "Okay, okay. You win, alright?" His eyes landed on Alexandria's smiling face, and he tried his best to mask the appreciation in his eyes. She hadn't seemed to notice his moment of being uncomfortable, so he doubted she'd notice this. Aidan had hoped that it would possibly be easy to hide these types of.. incidents from Alexandria.

Aidan carefully thought of his next few words. It seemed silly, to go back and forth deciding whether or not it was worth saying a certain thing. He hated filtering himself like this, so for a brief moment of internal rebellion, Aidan truly said what he wanted to say. "You have a nice smile, you know. I wish I could have seen it more often," Aidan gushed, before ridding himself of his temporary admiration.

Noticing Alexandria's seemingly loss of hope, Aidan ached to reverse what he had done. Alexandria couldn't lose hope, that'd doom everyone. So, Aidan gingerly placed his hand over hers, in a desperate attempt to comfort her. "You're not alone, Al. I'm here for you, okay?" Aidan insisted, accompanying his words with a delicate smile. "I know you will! You got this!" he continued, trying to help Alexandria get her hope back.

Aidan laughed awkwardly at Alexandria's words. They seemed too kind to believe. And he had been lied to enough to know that not everyone held themselves to their word. But Alexandria, thus far, had. Perhaps she really did enjoy being alongside him. He was still nervous, lying close to Alexandria, but he tried his best to ignore that unjustified feeling. "Um, ditto," he said stupidly, unsure of how else to respond. "I think -- I'm glad you like being around me.." Aidan concluded, looking away from the red head.

That laugh.. Now, how was he supposed to sleep when he couldn't stop thinking about that laugh? Aidan could only see a dark shadow, but he knew they were close. He was unfortunately aware of her radiating warmth and her long hair that tickled his forearm. "Well, what do we do now?" Aidan questioned, though he hadn't wanted to move from his spot.

So there were moments when he let his guard down, how funny. "Yes! Bow down to my victory!" She laughed as she threw her hands up in the air in victory, the biggest grin on her features yet. She felt as if she had accomplished something, especially against Aidan. It was the small victories that one took in life and that one should treasure. It was his next words that threw her off guard this time and she looked at him, feeling a faint blush coat her cheeks. "Oh uh…that's…thank you." Alexandria gave him another tiny one, albeit awkward as she glanced down at the ground briefly.

"Your smile…I really like seeing it." She eventually dared to venture out into that territory, a bit hesitant. However she didn't regret her words once they came out because in truth she really did like seeing it. And just like Aidan, she wished she could have seen it growing up more often. Maybe then she wouldn't have felt so alone all the time. There was something about him that helped reassure her. It was then she remembered him mentioning his brother and how he had the same book as her, maybe he'd be able to help. Or was he under the curse too? She wasn't sure, though that might be something she'd ask about later.

The blond always seemed to know what to say, and he seemed to be able to guess what she felt. Was she that much of an open book? "Okay." She nodded her head, chuckling faintly at his own enthusiasm. "Alright, it might take time, but I'm sure I can get this." She pumped herself back up, knowing that she couldn't be down in the dumps for this. Aidan had made that much clear and she wasn't about to let him down.

Aidan's awkward little moments shot her straight through the heart, and feeling she wasn't even sure was good. Alexandria associated it more with a rare sight, a more human and teenagerish sight, rather than a brooding old man who sat in a lawn chair and yelled at the kids to get of his grass. "Even though you only sought me out to help break the curse, I'm really glad you did." She whispered gently into the silent room, save for their breathing that mingled together.

She could feel the warmth that radiated off of him, his breathing that gently blew across her face and how if she shifted just a bit, her legs would be touching his. "I'm not sure,' she pursed her lips in thought. "I mean I'm too tired to move and get up, but I'm not tired enough to sleep." Alexandria explained, closing her eyes briefly before opening them again. "We could continue the game, or just…talk? I don't know, what do you think we should do?"

"Don't let that half-victory swell up your head so much," Aidan replied, playfully rolling his eyes. Although, Aidan didn't mind letting her have this tiny moment to gloat. She seemed truly happy and he wasn't going to dare try and ruin that. Aidan watched as Alexandria's cheeks flushed and he smirked, he had just accomplished his own little victory. "What? Can't take a compliment, Alex?" he teased, an eyebrow cocked at her reaction.

His victory moment was short lived, however. The tides seemed to turn on him and now he was on the receiving of awkward compliments. "I'm sure it's a nice change from all the scowling," Aidan dismissed her compliment, refusing to let Alexandria win yet again. What was going on between the two? Aidan wasn't stupid nor was he oblivious.. Things had changed. He flustered Alexandria and he couldn't help but like that he somehow managed to discompose her.. Aidan could only wonder if she saw what he saw.

Aidan practically clapped at the sight of seeing Alexandria cheer up. The two had to stay focuses on their goals, above all.. But Aidan didn't mind much if Alexandria ended up being just a little bit more dedicated. Of course, he enjoyed seeing her embarrassed but he needed Alexandria self-assured enough to figure things out on her own. "Yes, exactly. You just have to keep trying. And, please, don't be too hard on yourself."

The curse.. Would Aidan even have tried to find Alexandria if it hadn't been for this fucking curse? If the voice in his head had never visited and he had never learned of their true origins, would he have given a single crap about Alexandria? It was a hard thought but Aidan knew a part of himself would still care.. A part of him still cared now. "Me too," Aidan confessed, his voice relaxed and low. "Alex, you're.. you're special. And fuck the whole Savior thing. You matter."

This whole thing could be written off as apart of Aidan's goal.. Their forbidden flirtation and unspoken allurement could have been disregarded as another step in Aidan's plan. But he couldn't invalidate her like that, no matter how hard he may have wanted to. In all honesty, he would have been content just to gaze at her in silence. "Talk? About what? You got a secret you need to tell me, hm?" Aidan teased, his voice light and playful. He smiled, knowing she couldn't see it.

"Don't worry, I won't." She gave him a little wink, eyes widening a bit at his teasing. "No-No I can…I just uh, I didn't really expect that comment to come from you." She laughed faintly at the thought. Aidan seemed like such a closed book when she met him, someone who refused to even talk to her unless it had to do with him, so for him to compliment or, much less joke with her, well it felt like she was doing something right. Besides, it was fun and relaxing.

She smiled faintly and gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "It's nice, I'll admit that, but your scowling face isn't all that bad either." She admitted. There was a part of Alexandria that couldn't help but wonder if this sudden shift in attitude was because he was starting to see her as more than just an annoying person who he needed help from. Or was it a ploy to just get her to come along without complaining about anything? She didn't know, but she decided to settle with the latter, it made her feel better that way.

Alexandria nodded her head, running a hand through her red locks once more. "I promise you I will try not to." It was the best she could do. Sometimes she was too hard on herself and it wasn't even something that she realized, the habit of hers was that bad. She'd admit it would be nice if there was someone to help her out, but she was going to try and figure this out one way or another for the sake of everyone in this town called Storybrooke who needed help and didn't even know it.

The curse is what brought them back together, and she couldn't help but wonder if he would have come looking for her if it weren't for that. Then again would they even be in this situation if there was no curse? He had mentioned that her parents might not be there since they were living someplace else, and that brought of the question; then why was she here? Hearing his voice drew her from her thoughts and she looked over at him, offering him a faint smile. She was about to say thanks but stopped herself, noting how he always waved it off or ignored her when she thanked him. "You matter too." She finally settled on.

The light and playful voice was different from the angry and underlying venomous one. It wasn't hard to guess which one Alexandria liked more. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't; the world may never know." Alexandria teased back while wracking her brain for things that she could talk about with Aidan. "I don't have anything off the top of my head…sometimes it's fun to just talk about anything or everything." She explained, her body relaxing the longer she listened to Aidan's soothing voice.

Aidan laughed, watching Alexandria wink. "I think you may have let it already," he joked. The two were like night and day, or so Aidan had previously thought. But the longer he talked to this girl and he longer they joked together, Aidan realized the two had a lot more in common upon closer examination. One would like at the duo and question how they functioned together. But it was so easy to be around Alexandria..

So, even his angry side had somehow charmed Alexandria. In the day that they had been together, he felt closer to her than anyone else. Was this because of their history? Was this because of their circumstances? To be fair, Aidan had spent more time with Alexandria than he had with anyone else in a long time. It had been almost a complete day that the two had been stuck with each other.

"Maybe I need to make it scarier then," Aidan retorted, smiling. He was grateful that his negativity hadn't scared her off, despite how overwhelming it could be. "Good," Aidan concluded. Self doubt was one of the scariest opponents a person could have, and it stands to be such a destructive force. If Alexandria's insecurities overpowered her, there would be no hope for Storybrooke.

A part of him wanted to reach out and touch her, but Aidan's rational side stopped him from doing so. Something about Alexandria seemed so welcoming, so intoxicating. If he could, he would have allowed himself to drown in that intoxication. But that was illogical and just plain stupid. Alexandria tried to convince Aidan he mattered, but he only settled for silence as a response. Oh, how he wished that was true.

Alexandria's words only made Aidan more curious.. Perhaps, if he had played his cards right, he could successfully interrogate her about these secrets. "I'm sure you could let the world know just one," Aidan persisted. He was quiet as he waited for Alexandria to search for an interesting topic, though she didn't seem to find one. "Haven't we been doing that all day?" he countered, with a small chuckle.

"C'mon I'm sure there's something you've been dying to talk about. Just.. Ask me something!"

Alexandria didn't think being around Aidan would bring her so much joy, especially since their reunion was a bit rocky. Even that was an understatement, the tension had been so thick it could be cut with a knife, and not to mention, she had briefly given him the silent treatment. "I would never." She laughed, moving to sit on the bed and let out a small yawn. Today went from total regret to bearable and enjoyable.

"No, I really don't think you need to look scarier." She countered with ease. Though they had been apart for quite sometime, she didn't expect to jump straight into joking with him. She thought things would be awkward, small talk and silences. Instead they jumped straight into arguing and bickering, probably hating each other and wanting nothing to do in their presence. They then went from that seemingly enjoying each other's presence. It was nice.

There seemed to be so much that Aidan was hiding from her, or so much that he was going through. She had a million questions running through her mind, and she had to sort through which ones she wanted to ask and which ones he would probably choose to avoid. Or maybe he would snap at her. She still didn't know. Though Alex felt as if they were starting to move forward in whatever this was, she still was afraid she'd step on a landmine.

If she was silent enough, with no rustling of the covers of any breathing, she was sure she could hear the beating hearts of two people lost to each other for years only to come back. "Well it wouldn't be a secret if it was told." She grinned, though maybe, just maybe she'd be willing to divulge one, but it wouldn't be to the world, it would be to Aidan and solely him. "That's true, we have been talking a lot."

"We could always continue our little question game, though we gotta save something for the car ride tomorrow." She thought out loud, hazel eyes drifting up to glance at the darkened ceiling. "Anything?" Alex questioned when he commented that there were things she was probably dying to ask. Oh there were, so many questions that she wasn't even sure where some started and some ended.

"Tell me more about yourself. What has the Aidan I missed out on, been up to?"

The Aidan she missed out on.. That was practically everything about him which seemed impossible to talk about in a few minutes. There was so much he could tell her, but he didn't know how to correctly answer her question. What had he been up to? Besides resenting himself and arguing with a voice inside his head.

After she left their foster home, Aidan had been a wreck. He had become even more of a loner and openly defied the Trents, which only lead to more beatings and more scars. But he couldn't tell Alexandria that, she'd only blame herself. Eventually, he was sent to another household filled with incestuous foster siblings. Aidan never really fit in there either.

It continued like this, Aidan becoming more and more closed off and getting switched between different households. Until he met Daniel and decided he couldn't take it anymore. The pair was a deadly combo, an unfeeling boy being influenced by an angry and destructive nature. Because of his loyalty, Aidan did a number of awful things and committed heinous crimes to try and please his friend. And when Daniel proposed the idea of running away, Aidan quickly agreed.

It never occurred to Aidan that Daniel was using him, and he still remembered the reckless boy fondly. But after they stole the car, Daniel had disappeared, leaving a fourteen year old boy alone in a foreign city. "After Daniel and I ran away, I was on the streets for a little while," Aidan began. "It probably wasn't a well thought out plan.. I was broke, alone, and not old enough to work."

"I moved from city to city, I couldn't afford to risk being caught," Aidan recalled, thinking back to the naive boy he once was. It was at the age of sixteen that he got involved in shit that he probably should have avoided, but he got paid. Aidan wasn't ready to discuss his involvement in any other crimes so he decided to lie, "I eventually got a job as a construction worker. It paid good money." He hadn't dared to mention the stolen social security number or anything of the sort.

"My biological mother somehow found me. And apparently she had adopted my brother after losing me. That's when they gave me the book and here I am now."

She listened to their breathing while she waited for him to answer. Maybe he was going to suddenly shut down and just tell her to go to bed or maybe he was just trying to think of what he wanted to tell her, filtering out the bad and selecting half the good. She had no idea and she would take whatever he chose to share.

After some time she thought he wasn't going to share, which was fine by her. She couldn't say she was expecting him to jump at the chance, though when he finally spoke up she was a bit surprised. It made her happy that he shared some bit of his information, letting her know what his life was like. The idea of him living by himself on his own kind of made her feel bad, wishing she had pushed her parents even harder to look for him.

Then again she wasn't sure if her mother would really want another kid. Or maybe she would as long as it wan't a girl. She didn't know, and it was too much of a headache to try and figure out what her mother would ever want in life. She couldn't imagine fending for her own at the age of fourteen, completely on her own with no support what so ever. Alex tried to imagine a young Aidan moving from place to place to try and avoid being caught by really anyone.

"What are they like? Are they nice? Are you living with them?" She questioned as she shifted on the bed just a bit. Alex this time tried to imagine what his mother could look like. Did she have blonde hair like him, with the same amazing blue eyes that one would just die for? Wait, did she really just think that. The redhead crinkled her nose just a bit at the thought, brushing it off as probably being tired.

"I mean of course you don't have to tell me, and feel free to ask questions too if you want." She laughed faintly, realizing that she was rambling and she let out a long sigh. One of her many quirks, just randomly rambling and getting into whatever topic she was on at the time. It drove some people insane, telling her that she needed to learn to shut up, but old habits die hard sometimes.

Her rapid firing of questions made Aidan laugh; it was weird to have someone so interested in his personal life. Throughout Aidan's life, he had never had someone to rant to or reminisce. Even Daniel failed to be with him as he was more interested in destroying shit than getting all sentimental. He appreciated Alexandria's curiosity but at the same time, his mind began to hurt from all these half-truths. Aidan wished he could just tell her everything..

What was his family like? To be completely honest, he hardly considered them family. If anything, Daniel was the closest he had ever come to "family", though that was quite the toxic relationship. How should he word this? He didn't love them? He barely even knew them? His mother was the bringer of all his pain and anger? No, he couldn't say any of that. "They.. Well, we are a unique family. Both are very stubborn. And my mother likes to, um.. try to control a lot of what I do which gets frustrating," Aidan decided to say. He was heavily opposed to elaborating on what he meant.

"I don't know if nice is the right word, either. They're definitely a big part of why I decide to do what I do," Aidan explained reluctantly. Despite his words being true, Aidan still felt the guilt as if he were lying. He really did want to be honest, but that felt imossible considering his circumstances. And Aidan didn't want to scare Alexandria away either.. He had just made a connection with her and he did not want to jeopardize that.

Currently, Aidan had no real place to live. Back before he left with Alexandria, he had a small, shitty, studio apartment but he had been evicted due to.. reasons he would have rather kept concealed. Okay, so he conducted illegal business on the complex's premises but was that really something to be evicted for? "No, I don't live with them. I think that'd be too weird. I need some type of independence," Aidan added on, sighing. They weren't family, despite the shared blood with his mother.

"Yeah, let me think.. What career were you thinking of pursuing?"

There was just so much that Alex wanted to know, and so much she had to learn. Though she understood it was still going to take time and she only hoped that after she broke the curse, then they would still have time to be together. Maybe she could convince him to move back near where she lived, that way she'd be able to see him. Of course there were numerous flaws with that plan, and she knew that but it was wishful thinking.

Of course Alexandria knew about controlling, her mother was one of the most controlling people she knew, as well as her ex. There was freedom when she broke up with him, but no freedom from her mother. She couldn't wait to get away, go to a different state for college, and the only regret she ever had was leaving her father behind. "Your brother isn't nice?" She questioned with a faint frown. Then again did he really know them if he didn't live with them? He had to have met them if they gave him the book, but then again they could have just sent it to him.

"I'm not too sure yet." Alex admitted, shifting so she was laying on her back and gazing up at the ceiling. There was a part of her that wished there were glow in the dark stars sticked to the top just like back at home. When she had trouble sleeping or a rough day she would always look up at the fake stars and she felt a bit calmer. "I've been going back and forth with the idea of being a psychologist , or maybe even a dentist." Alex turned her head to look at him. "But everything is still so up in the air."

A long sigh slipped past her lips. "I mean i'm in my Senior year and I have to start applying to colleges, but I'm not even sure which colleges. I just know I want to get as far away from home as possible." It was easy to open up to Aidan, though he wasn't sure why. Everything she usually kept bottled up just flowed out of her like a river and she found herself revealing things she would never even dare telling anyone else. It was a bit scary, but also relieving in a way to confide in someone else other than herself.

If he focused enough, Aidan could make out little features of Alexandria's face. Her eyes, her nose, her hair, her mouth.. Slowly, more and more things came into view, making him smile. He didn't mind being this vulnerable.. Laying next to another girl always felt superficial, an obligation after being intimate. But he didn't feel that obligation laying next to Alexandria. The two were forming a friendship, and he didn't mind this intimacy much.

Now, that was a confusing question. He had never met his brother, so he wasn't sure how to go about answering Alexandria's question. "No, I think he's nice enough," Aidan admitted. After all, his brother had sent him the little fairytale book.. Though, it was only because Regina had told him so. "Enough about my family, though, they're uninteresting," Aidan added, with a small chuckle. Talking about them only made Aidan feel weird as he didn't really know how to describe them.

It wasn't like Aidan could judge Alexandria for not knowing what to do.. He wasn't successful and he never had to go through the process of succeeding in school to apply for various colleges. But wasn't senior year a little late to be applying for colleges? He wasn't going to push the subject, however, as it seemed too delicate to force Alexandria to talk about. "No, I get that. Freedom and independence or whatever, right?" Aidan responded, deciding to turn away as Alexandria also shifted her position. "You got another question?"

There was something calming about being near Aidan. She didn't mind his presence, didn't mind feeling this close. The only guy she had ever laid in bed with was her ex, her father doesn't count, and eventually became more of a chore than a comfort. She dreaded the time spent at her house or his knowing full well that he would just want to lay on the bed and cuddle or do something more. His skin pressed against hers started to send shivers down her spine at the mere thought and ended dup making her her more uncomfortable than anything.

But this, this right here was more than she could have ever dreamed of. It was comfortable and soothing, almost like a silent little lullaby. "Yeah, freed and independence of whatever." She laughed faintly, trying to think of another question that she could ask. "Did you hate looking after me when we were younger?" She took this chance to look at him, take in his presence. He was a handsome guy, no doubt about that, and Alexandria was pretty sure he probably had girls throwing themselves at him left and right.

She'd be lying if she said she didn't find him attractive. From his chiseled jaw, to his soft blonde hair and his beautiful blue eyes that just seemed to draw people in. There was something about him, and the fact that he had that mystery bad boy thing going on only stood to make girls probably fall for him even more. Though looking at him, Alex wasn't sure she could say Aidan was necessarily some guy she would ever go for. Bad boys only meant trouble, they weren't like the movies where the good girl could change their ways. It amazed Alex how easy it was to crash and burn in life.

Freedom or independence or whatever.. While Alexandria craved it, Aidan was afraid he had gotten too much of that. It seemed that being by his lonesome for all those years made it difficult to connect with others. It was hard to look past people's flaws and envision a relationship with them. And it's not like he longed to be with someone. Aidan just wanted to feel fulfilled, and he wasn't quite sure what would help him get there..

"No, of course not," Aidan admitted, heaving a big sigh. It was hard to think about how naive he once was, believing he could save Alexandria. Now, he was being forced to fucking hurt her and that made his blood boil. "It was an honor to little Aidan," he smiled at the thought. "He had a purpose," Aidan finished, his tone souring a bit. His current purpose only made him resent himself. If only he could just find a way to break the curse himself or something..

After his confession, Aidan looked over at Alexandria, if only to see her reaction. Though what he saw was.. peculiar. "You're staring," it was more of a statement than a question. He wondered what she was thinking about, though he was too unsure of himself to ask. "Why are you staring?" he questioned, though it was more of a question for himself than for Alexandria.

There was a detection of sourness when he mentioned that he had a purpose when he was younger. She didn't question it. Alex was becoming to know that his bitter voice and sourness, or compliments would probably go unanswered or would be as vague as possible. That only left more questions and if she wanted to be as confused as possible then she'd ask, but she didn't so she kept silent about it.

"Oh uh sorry." She glanced away quickly, averting her gaze back up to the ceiling. "I was just…thinking." She was embarrassed to be caught so red handed and she made a mental note to never stare at him again. Of course Aidan seemed like someone who would constantly have his guard up and so the thought that she could possibly get away with that, well she felt like a crazy person for thinking or such a dumb and stupid notion.

For a brief moment there was a faint need for human contact and Alex was tempted to take Aidan's hand, but she refrained. And she told herself she only wanted to hold his hand because ehe was the only other person here. "I'm starting to feel a little sleepy." The redheaded girl muttered faintly, a tired laugh escaping her lips as she rolled back onto her side, her eyes sliding closed. Maybe this time, it was really time they were going to go to sleep.

Aidan laughed, seeing that his observation about her staring made Alexandria flustered. It was funny to see her caught so off guard, when other times it had almost seemed as if she was trying to maintain his image of perfection. Flaws or not, Alexandria was becoming a more interesting person to be around by the minute. "Thinking? About what? How fucking beautiful I am?" Aidan teased, although he didn't think too much into his questions.

His looks went mostly unnoticed by himself, although it seemingly caught a lot of other girls' attentions.. Unbeknownst to him, he'd likely be an eligible bachelor if it wasn't for his rotten attitude and harsh sarcasm. Being constantly insulted didn't sit well with most other girls. Aidan's eyes glazed over the red head, searching for something, though he wasn't quite sure what. His eyes landed on her hand, before quickly darting away.

A smile crept on his lips as he noticed the exhaustion in Alexandria's face and voice. He had worn her out. "Let's get you to bed, then. For sure, this time," Aidan quickly quipped, before settling down in a comfortable position. It was extremely late, and Aidan decided it'd be okay if they slept in a little late tomorrow.. It wasn't like he cared whether or not she arrived at her deathbed a little bit later than initially planned. "Goodnight, Darling," Aidan teased, one last time. He was starting to like the sound of that nickname.. It was infinitely better than the alternative, "Pan".

Alexandria laughed and gently nudged Aidan with her elbow. "Yeah you wish." She grumbled with a roll of her eyes. She could feel the exhaustion wash over her like a wave, threatening to pull her under. "Hmm goodnight Aidan." Her soft voice whispered as her breathing started to slow with the faint fluttering of her eyes. She had to admit it was nice to stay up and talk with someone instead of trying to will her back to sleep on her own.

The next morning light filtered through the slight crack in the curtains. Noise could be heard outside and there was warmth radiating from what Alexandria would have considered to be a cold bed since the sheets were oh so thin. She felt a heavy weight resting across her waist, a soft breath tickling her ear and her arms pressed gently against a solid chest. It felt far too comfortable to even want to move. Instead she settled closer to whoever or whatever was next to her.

Then it hit her. Hazel eyes flew open and she glanced up to see a sleeping Aidan, his arm loosely wrapped around her, and she herself snuggled into his side as if they were dating. She could feel a blush cross her cheeks and she scrambled out of bed and away from him. After all she didn't want him yelling at her for being so close. There was so much about Aidan that confused the hell out of her and if she could stay on his good side throughout this whole trip then she would. Taking a few deep breaths she tried to calm down her speeding heart, the warmth and weight of his touch seared into her skin.