The New Saviors 2.0

Playfair Display Cardo [font=][/font]

aidan mills

the knight in shining whatever

He couldn't tear his eyes away from the road -- as much as he had wanted to -- but in his peripheral, Aidan could still see Alexandria. Her fiery hair was long and wind-blown. Her skin illuminated by the hot sun. And her gaze turned out of the window, facing the distance. Slowly, Aidan tried to focus his mind on the current task at hand. He could't afford to be distracted, and he wasn't one for dilly-dallying.

A laugh came from Alexandria, causing Aidan to turn his attention to her once again. "What? Something funny, Savior?" he inquired, a smile tugging at his lips as well. The nickname wasn't meant to offend but rather distance himself from Alexandria. If she was referred to as nothing but the "Savior", then it'd be easier to disregard her and treat her like nothing. He was not in a position to make friends and neither was Alexandria. That would come after they survived.

Another question? Her questions were just another reminder that Aidan knew so little about the truth behind the town of Storybrooke, but he couldn't scare Alexandria. "Okay, shoot," he retorted, preparing himself to lie. But her next question was something he did know. Aidan just needed to figure out how to explain his answer.. "Your parents' love was different.. It'd easy for two good-hearted people to fall in love. True love is all over, Alex, even in our everyday lives. But Pan.. he was evil, his heart was corrupted. Your mother, on the other hand, is one of the purest hearts in our world. It didn't make sense that they fell in love, but they did. And you were the result," Aidan said, with unexpected pride.

[/QUOTE]

tumblr_oksysvhYGk1v1cdi6o4_250.gif
☆ Alexandria Lancaster ☆

"i'm not a savior; i can barely save myself."

The word Savior never sat well with her, each time Aidan said it. It not only felt as if it was putting a wall up between them, but she still couldn’t really see herself as a savior. Though the small smile that tugged at his lips helped to ease her nerves if only a little. “No, it’s nothing, promise.” Though she knew exactly why she slept warm and comfortable, but she wasn’t about to voice that or explain it to him.

To be honest, Alex was still extremely confused. The story of Pan that she grew up with, he was a good guy. It was Captain Hook that was trouble and constantly needed to be put back in his place. “Okay, then why is this book about Snow White and Charming? Shouldn’t it be about Pan and Wendy? I mean it has no mention of my parents, so then how did you know I was the savior?” She questioned, looking at him briefly before she carefully thumbed through the book again.

She felt kind of bad constantly asking him these questions that he might not be able to answer, but at the same time she felt as if her head was going to explode with everything that was running through it. “Not to mention that you had told me they were in a different part of the land when this curse happened, so they won’t be in storybooke. And if so, then how did I end up here? Because if Pan is as evil as he says he is, I don’t really think he would want to send his daughter off to save some town…well I don’t really even know if he would want a daughter to begin with.” Realizing she was rambling, the redheaded female closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing mind, knowing that the numerous questions with no pause or break wasn’t going to help anyone.

aidan mills

Aidan wondered what it was that Alexandria was hiding.. Her answers seemed almost incomplete, as if she was holding something back. Regina had noticed too, which only served as a motivator to find out what it was that Alexandria was keeping from him. But part of him wanted to respect whatever privacy she was trying to keep. Whatever she was thinking may have been something that would eventually keep her from Regina's clutches, so he was in no hurry to reveal it. "Okay. Just remember, you promised," he teased.

Her questions were upsetting Regina, but he couldn't very well ignore her. Instead, he allowed Regina to spoon feed him whatever answers she felt were appropriate enough to share. "No one expected the Savior to be Pan's daughter. Whoever recorded these events and wrote about them thought the same thing you did.. The Savior would be the result of true love of two good people," Aidan recalled, listening to Regina's voice. "What matters is that the book tells us about the curse.. And the prophecy that you're the one to break it."

It was difficult trying to focus on both of the women's rambling.. Regina's was full of curses and frustrations while Alexandria was filled to the brim with questions and worry. "So down there, Darling. I can only answer one complicated question at a time," he advised. "Darling?" Her mother's maiden name, he dismissed Regina's shock. "The curse was set when you were still an infant, you had just been deemed the rightful Savior. Wendy knew what this had meant, and your father loved his wife enough to listen to her demands. They sent you here to break the curse. I was sent to watch over you," he told. He had never thought much about what his life would have been like if he wasn't forced into Alexandria's destiny. He couldn't ever imagine growing up the Evil Queen's son, surrounded by people his mother doomed. There was only one doomed person he had seemingly been stuck with.

☆ Alexandria Lancaster ☆

Alexandria smiled when he teased her that she promised, though she also felt bad. However, she wasn’t sure how he was going to react if she was like hey guess what, we both cuddled each other, though putting it into words like that made her feel like it wasn’t that big of a deal. She didn’t know what he deemed okay and what he didn’t and anything to prevent an outburst towards each other or more awkward tension, she would easily take. “Cross my heart and hope to die.” She replied back, with a tiny smile of her own. For now it would be her little secret.

None of this made any sense to her whatsoever. She flipped through the pages, trying to pick out the mention of the curse and the prophecy. Her head was spinning with so many questions and there was a tiny part of her that was frustrated that he wasn’t answering her questions faster than she was thinking of them. “I don’t see anything about a prophecy in here. And like I said, if it’s focused more on the good people rather than the slightly villainous, how would they know about me?” Honestly it wasn’t that she was doubting anything, but truly just trying to fully understand what was at hand here.

“Was this before or after he went evil?” She questioned with a tiny frown, giving him an apologetic smile for asking so many questions at such a fast pace. “And not that I don’t like you or anything, but why you? Does that mean you have a part to play in breaking this curse too? You know, as my knight and shining whatever.” The tiniest of smiles tugged at the corner of her lips, a small enjoyment in the fact that, that title had just seemed to become something, in her mind at least, important. Finally closing the book she carefully placed it back in her bag. “Do you know anymore about my parents?” Alex questioned with a look of curiosity. If they weren’t living wherever the others were living, then did that mean that they lived on Neverland? Not to mention just how big was this supposed realm? And did that mean that every single fairy tail character that she grew up with truly existed?

aidan mills

Aidan shook his head, trying desperately to try and avoid becoming frustrated with the increasingly frantic Alexandria. Regina's voice was pounding in his head, making it even harder to try and focus on staying calm. He forced a cough as an attempt to release some of his anger. "Let's not hope to die, Alexandria.. That's kind of the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do," he said, nervously.

"Listen, Alexandria, I get that all of this is confusing.. But I really don't think I'm the person that can answer all your questions. Just slow down and wait until we get to Storybrooke. Can you just hold your curiosity off until we get to Maine, okay?" Aidan negotiated, offering a small but reassuring smile. "I didn't write the book. I don't know the full story, I don't know half of what it is we're supposed to do!" Aidan admitted, a mix of exhaustion, defeat, and anger in his voice.

He thought about Alexandria's question. Why was it him? Couldn't Regina have sent one of her more compliant and competent henchmen? One that was older than just the mere age of two? "I don't know the extent of my role, Alex.. I'm just going to stick by you, if you don't mind," Aidan offered, gently tapping the steering wheel to calm himself down. This type of self-doubt was new to him, and it was something that Alexandria had managed to bring out in him. "I want to protect you, Alex. I want that to be my duty."

☆ Alexandria Lancaster ☆

Alexandria offered him a faint smile. “Sorry…I was just, joking.” It was moments like this were she wasn’t too sure how to act around Aidan, what was okay and what wasn’t. What was going to set him off and what was going to actually get him to crack a smile of something of that sort. “But I promise, I’ll do my best not to die.” She would have liked to fully promise him that it wouldn’t happen, but at the same time she wasn’t too sure what she was going to go up against.

“No, yeah of course, I’m sorry for all the questions.” She returned that small smile, coiling in on herself a bit at his outburst. She wanted to utter yet another apology but she felt a bit stupid for handing out three apologies within a span of five minutes. Instead she stayed silent, her hazel hues drifting to look out the window and watch as the scenery passed them by. It truly felt like they were on the road to no where and last night was but a distant dream. What she wouldn’t give if they could have stayed in their little bubble.

Hearing him speak up she peered over at him, feeling a tiny smile tug at the corner of her lips. “I don’t mind at all.” The thought of him being there for her, or helping her if and when he could offered more relief than she actually thought was possible. “Ah, so you want to keep up the knight and shining…whatever.” She waved her hand around a bit, still unsure of what he truly was. She knew if she had said armor he would probably counter with something cynical, or something of that sort. “It would be an honor to have you watching out for me the best you can.”