The New Girl

Aviana hesitated briefly before following closely behind him, soon catching up to him. "Slow down some. I have short legs," she said as she tried her best to keep up with him.

Trent did as asked and slowed down a little. "Sorry.." He apologized. Holding the door open for her, he glanced around to be sure none of the jocks we're going to mess with her, being the new student and all.

Aviana walked in, keeping her bag close to her as she looked down. She was scared of someone picking on her. Hearing a few cat-whistles, she turned slightly, noticing a few guys staring. She fearlessly flicked them off as she instinctively moved closer to Trent.

Trent glared at the guys, but kept walking. He opened the door for her outside of the office. "Here you go." He smiled.

Aviana smiled softly and hesitantly walked in, looking around nervously as she waited for someone to address her.

Trent followed her in.
"May I help you?" The lady behind the counter asked, smiling softly.

"Umm...I'm knew and I need to know what my classes are..." Aviana spoke softly, actually shy for the first time since arriving on the scene.

The lady smiled. "Ah, you'll want to see Ms. Cory, she's in there." The lady pointed to a room on the right.
Trent nodded. "Thank you Mrs. Tera." He said before noticing for Aviana to go in first.

Aviana heaitated briefly before quietly entering the other room. "Umm...excuse me, I need to get my schedule..." She said softly as she looked at the woman.

Ms. Cory had light blonde hair and happy green eyes. "Ah! You must be Miss Aviana! I'm Miss Corey, your school counselor. This is your schedule for this semester." She said happily, holding a sheet of paper out for Aviana.
"Oh, and good morning Trent."
Trent smiled faintly. "Good morning Ms. Cory."

Aviana widened her eyes at the sudden happy outburst by the woman and cautiously took the paper. "Well thank you..."

"I'm sure Trent can show you around and such, he's solid enough in his grades. Oh! Do you have any questions before you go on exploring?" Ms. Cory asked, still sming brightly.

Trent looked down. That was unexpected... He didn't think about being volunteered as a tour guide... Oh well. He figured he could pull it off.

Aviana gave a soft smile and shook her head. "Not that I can think of," she said softly as she looked around a bit more nervously. "Thanks," she said simply before turning and walking out, waiting outside the room for Trent.

Ms. Cory waved bye to Aviana. "Trent?"
"Yes Ms. Cory?" He said, stopping just before he left.
"Do your best!"
"Okay Ms. Cory." He said as he closed the door. Trent chuckled softly and led Aviana out of the front office. "So, now you've met the office lady Mrs.Tera and the counseler Ms. Cory." Trent explained. "Ms. Cory is always really peppy." He noticed they had about three minutes before first bell. "Do you want me to show you around class-by-class or get a pass and just give the whole tour in one go?" He gave her the choice.

"Class by class. I don't want to be the awkward one walking in late," she said as she smiled over at him, making sure to keep up with him.

Trent nodded, smiling. "Do you know your first class?" He asked, motioning to her schedule.

She looked at it and smiled slightly. "World history," she said as she looked up at him.

"Mr. Browning or Mr. Ray?" He asked curiously. If it was Mr. Browning, he was next door to her in Ms. Sanchez's English class, if it was Mr. Ray, she was down the hall from his English class.

"Browning," she said as she studied her schedule carefully. She finally looked up at him and shrugged slightly. "Lead the way."

"Ah, Mr. Browning is a great man." Trent smiled. "C'mon. It's next door to my English class with Ms. Sanchez." He said, starting towards their classes.