The New Girl

"Gee I come here to apologize and I can't even gain support," she mumbled walking back to the window and opening it enough to climb out.

Trent shook his head. "I gave the best advice I could." He said, standing as Drake called him from downstairs. "Maybe I'll talk to you later." He said, going to his door.

Aviana climbed back onto the roof and laid back, watching the setting sun as she let out a soft sigh. She was exhausted and knew she would have to go to school the next day whether or not she wanted to.

"Look, Trent." Drake handed him a letter.
Trent froze. It was from his birth dad. "I can't read this." He threw it down.
"Trent, maybe you should-"
"He's in jail for what he did, but I don't think that's enough." Trent almost yelled. Drake followed him to his room, trying to tell him he should at least read the letter. Trent slammed the window shut. "I'm not reading his letter! He deserves to rot and die alone in that cell just like he made mom rot and die!" Trent yelled, sitting on his bed with his back to Drake.
"You know better than that, Trent." Drake said softly before looking at the window. He wondered if the fight today impacted Trent. "Dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes." He said before leaving.
Trent sat silently for a few moments before he started his music again. He grabbed his pillow and hugged it, resting his head on it. He wouldn't cry, but he was still sad. He did all he could to hide the memories of that day, and yet, fate always found some way to drag them out.

Aviana silently looked down as she finally sat back up. She let out a small sigh as she closed her eyes and finally stood up, climbing back into her room. She turned her music on and laid down, memories of the house flooding her mind as she held herself and began crying softly, unable to hold it in.

After fifteen minutes, Trent stumbled downstairs. He ate dinner in silence before trudging back upstairs. Leaving his homework untouched, he set his alarm clock for earlier than usual so he could do his homework in the morning, then went to the window. Staring up at the stars, he began to draw a soft sketch of the night sky, his bedroom lamp barely illuminating the room behind him.

Aviana soon calmed down and took a deep breath as she got up and opened her window silently before going back to her bed and sitting down, staring blankly out of it in the dark as she thought about things.

Trent sketched the entire view of the sky he could see until late at night. He ended up falling asleep like this, his head against the window sill, pencil still on the paper. He slept silently and peacefully.

Aviana noticed a shape on the window across the street and took a deep breath. She snuck out of her window and went across the street, climbing up next to him. She gently shook him. "Hey wake up..."

Trent's eyes flickered and he yawned, sitting up. "What...?" He asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

"Wake up," I repeat quietly, knowing I might at well make amends. I climb in the window and pull the covers on your bed back before going over to you. "Come on. Bedtime for you," I say softly as I help you get up.

Trent stumbled a little as he stood. "Mhuuuhmmnnn.." He muttered as he walked beside her. He collapsed back on his bed. "Thank-" he yawned, "you..."

Aviana gently pulled the covers over him as she closed her eyes and began singing softly to him, turning out his lights quietly.

Trent yawned, curling up under the warm bed covers. He closed his own eyes, almost immediately starting to fall asleep.

Aviana gently rubbed his arm as she continued singing to him, waiting until he was asleep to move again. She moved to a chair in a dark corner of the room, watching him in complete silence as she allowed herself to think.

Trent slept silent and still, his hair a mess, his breathing steady. He shifted after a while, managing to poke his feet out before relaxing again.

Aviana silently moved so she was in the windowsill and watched the night sky quietly as to not wake him up. She closed her eyes for a moment but when she opened then again, the sun was slowly beginning to rise.

Trent woke up and noticed Aviana at the window. He picked up a blanket, gently draping it around her shoulders before jumping in the shower.
As she started to wake up, he had just finished and was wrapped in a towel, looking through his closet.

Aviana let out a soft yawn and stretched before realizing the blanket on her. She absentmindedly pulled it tighter around her as she swiveled around where she was and instantly found herself blushing and looking down. "You fell asleep at the window," she said softly and kept her eyes down.

Trent nodded. "And you helped me back to bed, then you fell asleep at the window." He said softly, smiling faintly. He disappeared into the closet a moment, behind the door, before retuning to sight. He was now wearing black shorts and drying his hair while he continued to look in the closet for something. He had a bruise in the the middle of his back and a few scratches, but he didn't seem to notice them.