The New Girl

Aviana silently snuck back into her window as she closed her window. She laid down in her bed with a small smile on her face as she closed her eyes. She couldn't help but think of how cute the boy was and wondered if he went to the same school she would tomorrow.

Trent was on the computer looking at music for another hour before Drake came in and closed the computer. "Bedtime."
"Really?" Trent groaned.
"You have school tomorrow. Bed. Now." Drake pointed at the blue bed.
Trent sighed, but stood and started to change. Drake left him to change in peace.

Aviana finally fell asleep but it was interrupted all too soon by her alarm clock. She groaned as she shut it off and barely managed to look at they time. She had been asleep for a full eight hours and then some. She got up and stumbled out of the room with some clothes in her hand. She found an empty bathroom and claimed it as her own for the morning before getting a shower.

Trent jumped out of bed at his alarm clock. Stretching, he threw on a hoodie and shorts. He was always up extra early for a jog. He hopped downstairs and started his morning job the moment he got out the door.

Once she got out, Aviana dressed in a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a Three Days Grace tshirt. She bushed her teeth and walked back to her room before brushing and drying her hair, allowing it to fall in natural waves. She took her time doing her makeup as she thought about what the day would entail.

After his jog, he took a really quick shower and grabbed his class t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Slipping on his sneakers and grabbing his hoodie, he slid his backpack on his shoulders. Grabbing a piece of toast, he yelled goodbye to the just-now-waking Drake and locked the door. Eating his toast, he headed to the bus stop.

Aviana finally finished and slipped on a pair of converse. She grabbed her bookbag before hurrying downstairs and grabbing nothing more than an apple. Before anyone could say anything to her, she was out the door and heading to the bus stop.

Trent leaned on the wall and waited to the bus. He plugged his headphones in, humming softly to the music.

Aviana silently finished her apple as she walked up, standing at the other end of the building from Trent. She silently crossed her arms as she let out a small sigh.

As the bus pulled up, Trent stood by the road. When the bus stopped, he climbed on, taking an empty seat near the middle. He sat back, closing his eyes.

Aviana watched as everyone else crowded the bus and sighed as she hung back and waited. She was the last one on, only to find every single seat take . She frowned as she slowly made her way down the isle, finally deciding it would be best to sit with someone she was relatively familiar with. She walked a bit faster and slid her bookbag off, setting it in the floor before sitting in the space right next to Trent, remaining silent.

Trent's eyes flickered a moment as he realized someone sat down, but he didn't mind. Remaining still and quiet, his eyes stayed closed and he stayed sitting back, his knees propped up against the seat in front of them as he prepared for school by clearing his mind of any at-home stress with music.

Aviana plugged in her headphones and pulled out her notepad before beginning to think of a song to write. She kept writing until they pulled up go the school and finally put her things up.

When the bus stopped in front of the school, Trent sat up. Sighing, he shut his music off and adjusted his backpack before standing. It was then he realized the whole way to school he had been sitting beside her! What had she said her name was... Aviana.. The pretty name. "Hey Aviana." He said, smiling faintly.

Aviana pulled out her headphones and slipped her phone into her pocket as she stood. Upon his words, she looked over and pulled her bookbag on. "So he can still speak," she said simply but with the faintest ghost of a smile crossing her lips.

Trent smiled slightly. "I didn't realize you'd sat down.. Do you know your classes yet?"

"I've never even been here before. Keep in mind I got here yesterday," Aviana said as she made her way down the isle and got off. She turned around and waited on him before continuing to walk again. "In other words, no I don't know my classes yet."

Trent stayed close behind Aviana. "Okay, well, I can show you where the student office is if you want." He offered, still smiling faintly.

Aviana shrugged and smiled slightly. "Fine with me I guess," she said with another shrug as she looked around. One of the Foster kids ~ Jason, she had learned ~ ran by and looked at her, making kissy noises at her and Trent. She rolled her eyes and stomped his way. "Get lost, you fucking brat!" She shouted as she sent him a death glare. "Jeez calm yourself," he mumbled as he turned and walked away.

Trent, completely oblivious to the boy's actions, focused on explaining how the campus was set up, and was slightly caught of guard by Aviana's words. Then he noticed it was one of the kids from her new home. He sighed. They probably gave her a hard time he figured. "C'mon, I'll show you the front office." He smiled, starting forwards and motioning for her to follow.