The New Girl

Aviana smiled softly as she walked with him, looking around a she did. "This place is huge..." She said softly as she glanced at him.

"Yeah, it's pretty big. Grades 6-12 are all situated in different areas. We've got the third floor, juniors and seniors. Freshman and 8th graders share the second floor and 6th and 7th graders share the first floor." Trent said calmly as he made his way around, easily sliding through the halls that were engraved to the back of his mind.

Aviana listened carefully as she tried her best not to get knocked around though it didn't work. She mumbled apologies as she accidentally bumped into people. She felt someone shove her out the way and stumbled back, falling down as she cried out in slight pain. She slowly worked her worked her way up and looked at the girl that had bumped into her.

"Watch where the hell you're going!" The girl yelled at Aviana as she shoved her back, causing the new girl to stumble back.

Aviana thought carefully about her choices and finally decided she didn't care. She launched herself at the girl, throwing punches and kicks like crazy.

Trent turned as he heard the first hell of a fight. "Shit.." He muttered. Quickly stepping up, he grabbed at the other girl, trying to get between them. "ENOUGH." He yelled loudly. A few of the spectators stepped back.

Aviana stepped back and wiped the blood off her cheek befor catching her breath for a few moments. Once she felt she was done, she launched herself over Trent as best she could, grabbing the girl's hair as tightly as she could. She wasn't going to let go unless what she had in her hand came with her.

Trent grabbed Aviana's shoulder, pressing down on the pressure point as teachers started to clear the hall.

Aviana instantly tensed up as she unwillingly let go and cried out, going down to her knees. She moment she found the opportunity to turn her head ever so slightly, she bit down on his arm and scooted away. Regaining her full strength, she stood up and glared at him. "Don't. EVER. Touch me," she said as she pushed past him. She grabbed the girl's hair and yanked out a section of it before walking out of the school, not bothering to go back to get her bags.

Trent handed the girl to the teachers. "Aviana left." He muttered, angry. He walked down the hall and slipped into an empty classroom, slamming the door shut. He sighed, sitting down.

Aviana kept walking, unsure of exactly where she was going. She just knew she had to get somewhere. It wasn't until almost two hours later that her legs finally stopped moving and she found herself in front of an all-too-familiar house. Everything seemed to be just as she had last seen it on the outside~but what about the inside? She silently walked up the stairs to the porch and hesitantly opened the door before walking in. She knew the moment she had reached the house that she was far away from that dreadful school because it was an entirely different town. She looked around at everything. The pictures, the furniture, the table where she, her brother, and her parents used to sit and eat. She slowly walked up the stairs and to her old room, sitting down on the bed and crying softly.

Trent didn't speak when Ms. Sanchez came in. In fact, he didn't even speak when she called him to follow her, but stood. He followed her to the office, where he was met with three other witnesses and two police officers. He quietly gave his version of that happened before he was silent yet again.

Aviana eventually stopped crying and composed herself. She knew she would have to go back even though she didn't want to. She sighed softly as she got up and headed back downstairs, walking out and closing the door. She silently began walking back the way she came, knowing it would take at least two hours.

After giving his statement, Trent was allowed to return to class or stayed in the office. His stepfather was contacted. He decided to stay in the office.

Aviana slowly walked back, realizing that by the time she got back to the Foster home, school should have been getting out. She climbed onto the roof and sat silently, looking around as she let her thoughts wonder.

When his stepfather got there to pick him up, Trent got a big hug. He sighed.
"Let's go home..."
Drake nodded in agreement. Trent was silent all the way to the house. When he got to his room, he locked the door. Going to his computer, he started to play 3 Doors Down as loud as his speakers let him. Sitting on his bed, he started to draw. His window was cracked a little, but he didn't care. He was angry and hurt.

Aviana watched Trent go inside and sighed softly, tears still falling softly. She closed her eyes gently as the music drifted through her ears and she began singing along, her voice shaky from crying. Before she knew what she was doing, she was opening his window silently and slipping in. She stood quietly as she watched him carefully, her eyes red and her cheeks puffy as she tried to get the memories of the house out of her mind. "Hi..." She managed to say, unsure of if he heard her because if the music.

Trent, his back to the window, stopped drawing. He had heard the window move, then a small voice saying hi. Picking up his remote, he paused the music. "What do you want?" He asked quietly, calm despite how upset he was.

Aviana felt like shrinking at that moment as she could tell how upset he was. She looked down and swallowed, hesitating as she sighed softly. "I-I just wanted to apologize," she whispered as she took a step back. She hadn't felt so small in years. "I just don't like the feeling of being powerless so I snapped..." She whispered softly.

Trent set down his pencil. "Look.." He turned and faced her, some of his anger gone. "About 85% of the school is going to treat you like crap." He said calmly, "but fighting back will only make them think less of you. If you go on like what they say bad about you is not important, they realize you have your own reasons to be there, not to serve them, and they'll learn to respect you." He sighed. "That is, if you go back."

"I'm not just going to let them push me around like I'm a piece of crap so I'm going to fight whether you want me to or not. I don't care what they think of me but I'm not letting someone put their hands on me without fighting back. I've had enough of that already," she said defensively as she looked at him.

Trent sighed and shook his head. "Then you won't be going to that school for long." He said, moving his sketchbook to his lap.