The New Girl

Aviana noticed him look out the window though before she knew it, he looked away. She frowned slightly and sighed as she laid back on the roof, closing her eyes and putting her headphones in. She found one of her favorite songs. Breath by Breaking Benjamin and put it on repeat as she began singing along softly.

Trent looked back out the window. Yes... That was her. He sat back up, sighing and going downstairs. He slipped into the kitchen. "Drake, can I -"
"Set the table please." Drake said happily.

Trent sighed.

Aviana heard her name being called and sighed as she slipped back into her room. She closed the window and unlocked the door as she walked out and headed downstairs. Mr. Dallas came back inside and sighed in relief. "Dinner time Aviana," he said as he walked to the table and sat down. She silently followed and sat in the seat she claimed at lunch before waiting for Mrs. Dallas to serve the plates.

Trent set out the plates and silverware. He poured a mug of coffee and a glass of water. The coffee went at Drake's plate, the water at his own. Drake sat down after putting a pot of stew on the table. They served themselves, then began to eat.

Once the food was served, Aviana silently ate, finishing quicker than everyone else. She washed her plate and headed upstairs. She went to the bathroom and showered silently. She got out and dressed in a pair of yellow shorts and a black Batman tank top. She walked into her room and locked the door as she had before. She grabbed her guitar and opened her window, carefully climbing out and onto the roof as she sat down. She quietly began to strum her instrument, singing softly.

After dinner, Trent helped Drake clean up before going to his room. He could hear a guitar from across the street and it grabbed his attention. He went to the window, which was still open, and listened, watching the girl on the roof.

Aviana closed her eyes, playing and singing a bit louder as she felt herself tear up slightly. It always got this way when she was along and singing. She sang out her feelings and emotions as much as she could.

Trent rest his chin in his hand, watching her. He smiled. She sung prettily... Pulling over a chair, he sat back down, watching, listening.

When she finally finished, Aviana sat her guitar to the side and quickly wiped her cheeks before standing up carefully. She walked up to the point of the roof and looked around, taking in her surroundings.

Trent sat back silently, not really wanting her to notice him, but he couldn't take his eyes off her. She had a beautiful voice, and her guitar playing was amazing.

Aviana finally sat back down and glanced around before taking a deep breath. She grabbed her guitar and leaned on it as she found herself looking through the open window of the house across the street.

Trent stared at the ceiling with a faint trace of a smile on his face. He sat in thoughtful silence, unaware someone was watching him

America waited for the last of the Foster house to go out before she jumped onto the ground and ran over silently. She looked around and found a way to climb up to the window, making sure not to make a sound. She hoisted herself up onto the open window and sat on the ledge silently as she watched the boy closer.

Trent turned, rolling his chair back to his desk as he turned his computer on. He began looking at music sites. He hummed softly to himself, looking for any new artists. Maybe the girl across the street was a new artist.

Aviana watched him silently with guarded grey eyes as she tilted her head slightly. She silently slipped into the window and creeped up behind him watching in complete silence as she crossed her arms. Finally getting up the nerve to speak, she did. "Why were you watching me?" She asked as she watched him intently.

Trent thought he had died of a heart attack the way his breath caught in his throat and he felt paralyzed for a moment. He turned his chair. "Because I thought you were pretty and interesting and you sing nicely." He said honestly, sitting back. "Why are you in my room?"

"You probably shouldn't leave your window open if you're not gonna watch it. You never know who's gonna get in," Aviana said quietly, seemingly in a daze as she began walking around the room. "I'm not blind. In fact I've been told I have enhanced sight. I appreciate the compliments though I don't see how you can say those things when you don't even know my name."

Trent watched her carefully. "I shouldn't need to know someone's name to be honest with them." He said quietly, wondering if she would see his basket.

Aviana shrugged slightly and eyed the basket carefully. "Well I appreciate the gesture," she added quietly before turning and looking at him. "Aviana," she said before turning and disappearinf out the window before silently walking back over to the home.

Trent smiled faintly. That was a nice name. "I'm Trent." He said simply as she left. He closed and locked the window behind her, smiling and returning to his research on his computer, though now just looking at artists and not specifically for her.