Status
Not open for further replies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the table in the Conference room, sat a dark figure. Tall, lean, muscular and sitting with a pose and etiquette quite unexpected from those of his caliber. His skin pale and empty, but his hair shines a powerful golden yellow, and his eyes a commanding, deep crimson color. His clothes were formal and quite old-fashioned compared to the modern-tuxedo's of the other gentlemen at this party. He wears an ornate shirt and breeches, a large pair of boots, vambraces, and two suspenders attached to a band around his waist-- 18th century style, come to think of it.

His face is hidden under a peculiar mask...

jojo-mask.png

It looks like it is actually made entirely of stone. It has the appearance of a somewhat masculine face; eyeholes sharp and somewhat slanted. It has a small mouth in either a neutral position or a slight smile; with full lips, and small fangs resting on the bottom lip. A ridge emerges from the bottom of the forehead, running vertically to the Mask's top, joining with another ridge extending into a spiral resting on the left of its forehead.

Compared to the rest of his gentlemans attire, the mask looks positively ancient. Small cracks and damage emerge around various spots on the mask, looks almost like some kind of historical artifact. My word, imagine how heavy that thing is! It is an inconvenient but creative and innovative style.

Sitting upon his throne with a pose of a king, the man swiveled his glass. The liquid within his drink for tonight bears a deep crimson color, not unlike that of human blood. Even with a mask on, the man swivels his drink like he is about to take a hefty sip, yet he never does. His hands are just as pale and colourless like the rest of his skin-- but his fingernails seem to be styled like...claws. Sharp, onyx claws, each perfectly shaped and symmetrical as they tap along the wine glass with articulate form.

The man chuckles and leans his mask out of the way, revealing his handsome face.

tFTJCK3.gif

"Ah...the Masquerade! A social gathering of the rich and privileged, hiding their shame and their cowardice behind masks of plastic and money."

"I was never used to these kind of events, I was never raised to be. Yet, I feel this place is interesting enough to hold my valuable attention. I need not worry about anything...for once, I receive a moment of absolute repose."

"Such an amazing high, so subtle, yet so powerful. I like it."

The man chuckled maliciously, taking a sip from his wine glass and setting it down on the table. Pulling his mask over his face, he stared out among a sea of pigs that have yet to be butchered.

@Conference Room/Dining Hall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the table in the Conference room, sat a dark figure. Tall, lean, muscular and sitting with a pose and etiquette quite unexpected from those of his caliber. His skin pale and empty, but his hair shines a powerful golden yellow, and his eyes a commanding, deep crimson color. His clothes were formal and quite old-fashioned compared to the modern-tuxedo's of the other gentlemen at this party. He wears an ornate shirt and breeches, a large pair of boots, vambraces, and two suspenders attached to a band around his waist-- 18th century style, come to think of it.

His face is hidden under a peculiar mask...

jojo-mask.png

It looks like it is actually made entirely of stone. It has the appearance of a somewhat masculine face; eyeholes sharp and somewhat slanted. It has a small mouth in either a neutral position or a slight smile; with full lips, and small fangs resting on the bottom lip. A ridge emerges from the bottom of the forehead, running vertically to the Mask's top, joining with another ridge extending into a spiral resting on the left of its forehead.

Compared to the rest of his gentlemans attire, the mask looks positively ancient. Small cracks and damage emerge around various spots on the mask, looks almost like some kind of historical artifact. My word, imagine how heavy that thing is! It is an inconvenient but creative and innovative style.

Sitting upon his throne with a pose of a king, the man swiveled his glass. The liquid within his drink for tonight bears a deep crimson color, not unlike that of human blood. Even with a mask on, the man swivels his drink like he is about to take a hefty sip, yet he never does. His hands are just as pale and colourless like the rest of his skin-- but his fingernails seem to be styled like...claws. Sharp, onyx claws, each perfectly shaped and symmetrical as they tap along the wine glass with articulate form.

The man chuckles and leans his mask out of the way, revealing his handsome face.

tFTJCK3.gif

"Ah...the Masquerade! A social gathering of the rich and privileged, hiding their shame and their cowardice behind masks of plastic and money."

"I was never used to these kind of events, I was never raised to be. Yet, I feel this place is interesting enough to hold my valuable attention. I need not worry about anything...for once, I receive a moment of absolute repose."

"Such an amazing high, so subtle, yet so powerful. I like it."

The man chuckled maliciously, taking a sip from his wine glass and setting it down on the table. Pulling his mask over his face, he stared out among a sea of pigs that have yet to be butchered.

@Conference Room/Dining Hall
"...jeez who are you?" Bomby Moto asked the masked man.

@Verite

usnTkZ4.png

"WHAT'S UP GUYS I'M HERE FOR DA DUEL PARTY!"

Bomby Moto went to the conference room.

@Anyone
"...jeez who are you?" Bomby Moto asked the masked man.

@Verite

A mustachioed butler stopped you. "Excuse me, sir, but, you're not wearing the proper attire for this event. I'm afraid I can not serve you until you are dressed more appropriately." He pointed to a sign that said 'Formal Dress and a Mask only.'

tumblr_inline_ne6eajWtl71t3cdzr.png

Neo only gave a passive smile and decided to dance with him... juuuust to humor him~​

"Certainly... it will be quite a blast," Starscream says.

4d145211fe71e1d11c6d7a44d1cb8c76.png

"Why am I wearing a wedding gown to a ball? What is this even?"

"That's not a wedding gown, it's a ball gown," the bespectacled, average-height man says, "I understand that your masculinity is at stake kid, but fret not. I'm a legitimate businessman. I do legitimate things and I'm just one of many employees in charge of overlooking the event. It's a ball. And you're my Plus One."

"I swear to-"

Before the kid could finish her sentence, a jetplane appeared right next to them, turning into a giant mechanical guest with someone by his side.

"We're off to a good start, aren't we kid?" The man says as he puts some sort of masquerade masque on.

"Why does this guy have to be my Producer?"

"That being said," the bespectacled one not depicted via picture walks towards someone. "it's good to acquaint. Hello there Mister. My friends call me Producer, but you can call me Producer. I have a last name and initials, but just call me Producer- wait a second, have we met before?"

Tears rolled down 'Producer's' eyes. "N- nevermind that last sentence. I was thinking of someone else."

@Bomb

Starscream had reached the entrance of the conference room before a minute. He placed Wiruko down.

"Now Wiruko, let us feast on the delights that behold us. Surely this place has something to offer."

@Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
A mustachioed butler stopped you. "Excuse me, sir, but, you're not wearing the proper attire for this event. I'm afraid I can not serve you until you are dressed more appropriately." He pointed to a sign that said 'Formal Dress and a Mask only.'
"Really? Aight, gimme a moment."

Bomby Moto went outside for the moment.

GhJ17UQ.png

"How's this? Photoshopped myself in 4 minutes."

@The Silver Paladin @Verite

"Really? Aight, gimme a moment."

Bomby Moto went outside for the moment.

GhJ17UQ.png

"How's this? Photoshopped myself in 4 minutes."

@The Silver Paladin @Verite

The Butler stared for a second. "That's uh... Yes, sir. And here's your mask for if you decide to go to the ball proper." The butler said, holding a mask in his hand:

x354-q80.jpg

"Now, what would you like to eat, Monsieur?"

The Butler stared for a second. "That's uh... Yes, sir. And here's your mask for if you decide to go to the ball proper." The butler said, holding a mask in his hand:

x354-q80.jpg

"Now, what would you like to eat, Monsieur?"
"Oh thank you." Bomby took the mask and placed it on his face.

"Oh, and I'm not that hungry, but some snacks might do, please."

@The Silver Paladin

"Oh thank you." Bomby took the mask and placed it on his face.

"Oh, and I'm not that hungry, but some snacks might do, please."

@The Silver Paladin

"Certainly, sir." The Waiter would say, clapping his hands. Several more waiters walked out carrying snacks.

Nachos, cheese and crackers, bowls of M&Ms, pretzels, Goldfish, tiny finger sandwiches. All the snacks you could possibly imagine would all be brought out and arrayed on the table.

"Please enjoy, sir." The waiter said.

The Multiverse Hotel Masquerade Ball

bellagio-meetings-grand-ballroom.tif

In the Grand Ballrooms, an Orchestra would begin to lay out and tune their instruments. Several armed guards wearing various armors and carrying weapons made their way to various positions around the room. A podium was set up on the stage at the far end of the room by several of the hotel's prinnies. Several tables with sheets of paper were set up outside of the ballrooms. Any tables in there were moved to separate rooms, and the floor was cleaned off. Several men and women would stream in wearing masks and fancy ballgowns.

masquerade.jpg

In the Conference Rooms, tables were set up, with immaculate white tablecloths and candles placed on them. Menus with all sorts of foods you could imagine from around the Multiverse were placed on the tables. The Conference Rooms were set up to look like a fancy restaurant. A dimensional Portal to the Kitchens opened in one wall, and waiters and waitresses and Prinnies came through, and situated themselves at tables. People wearing fancy dress also flooded into there, and sat at tables.

cgb4.jpg

When everyone was all situated, a young man would step up to the podium on the stage. He cleared his throat, and began to speak.

"I am Sentinel Riley Peterson of the Brotherhood of Steel. Welcome to the First Masquerade Ball at the Multiverse Hotel! Funded by the efforts of the Coalition, the Mira-Curtiss Partnership, and the United Nations! Tonight will be a very special evening, as it is a night of celebration. It is a Grand Masquerade Ball! The Orchestra has been graciously brought to us from various places in the Multiverse. There is dinner brought to us in the Conference Rooms, the Bar is always open, and this is obviously the Grand ballroom, where the primary events will take place." The man continued. "Do not be alarmed by the guards. They are only here to enforce order, as this is to be a Formal event. Anyway, I would like to say that there is Dinner in the Conference Rooms if anyone is hungry. If anyone is single tonight, or you simply wish to dance with random people throughout the night, there is a Matchmaking Desk just outside, Just tell them your name, and they will pair you up with someone for the evening. As you can see, there is Ballroom dancing and drinks in here. I hope you all will find it enjoyable. and finally, there are Carriage Rides out in the Gardens. Anyway, I've gone on too long, and if you have any questions or complaints, please, don't hesitate to ask me." He said, stepping down from the podium, and stepping out of the room.

Probably to cry

The Orchestra began to play. A favorite hit no matter where you were from:

Will you:

Just start to dance
Go to the Matchmaking desk
Stroll in the Gardens
Or eat some dinner?

((Once again! I would like you all to keep it civilized, and at least Semi-Formal, please. I don't want this to be chaotic with random characters destroying things, but I want people to have fun. Think like the parties in more Much Ado About Nothing, or Venice Carnival Masques. Don't think an Animal House type party. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask me within the group itself. Please post a picture of the clothes and mask your character will wear.))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca

Princess Ashe entered the Hotel, wearing her Mourning Clothes, and a mask that she had grabbed.. She made her way to the ballroom.

((I like her Mourning clothes. They make for a great Formal dress.))
tumblr_mo40djZaB41rcjo9to1_500.png

il_fullxfull.702306916_fwvw.jpg

Ashe wrote her name on a Slip of Paper, and handed it into the person at the Matchmaking Desk outside the Ballroom.

She then headed inside the ballroom.
@Anyone @Shitpost for a character introduction!

((Once again, regarding Chaos: Feel free to destroy a Chandelier or whatever the fuck happens at Masquerades. But yeah, I want to maintain a proper and elegant air!))
As if fashionably late, another portal would open in the halls outside the ballroom, but it looked unique out of all the others. It was jet black, with a teal swirl in the centre. Freaky. Even freakier yet, a mass of black squares shot out onto the ground, materializing into a blue wolf.

12151.jpg

Upon exiting the portal, it looked shocked. Its jaw dropped staring down at its paws and shook them about just to make sure it wasn't seeing things. The canine's shock was short-lived, however, as a stout form seated itself on its back.

tumblr_m83l1npoEW1ry0akno1_500.gif

The wolf was less than amused. Its new rider, however, was very amused, "Eeeheehee! D'aww, what's the matter Link?" the imp asked rhetorically; her high-pitched voice reverberating with an otherworldly tone, "Afraid I'm gonna humiliate you in front of all the other guests?" Smirking at her steed, the steed looked back, giving her the stink-eye like no-one's ever given the stink-eye. Although the message wasn't lost on her, she didn't drop her smirk, "Of cooooooourse, it's because of all that extra hair on your chest! Eeehee.~ But you haven't stopped to wonder why little old Midna isn't a shadow outside the twilight?"

Link was struck with shock yet again. Midna went crazy with laughter. "C'mon, the Link I know doesn't think so selfishly.~" she teased, tickling his chin as he whimpered, "Now, mush! I've got a party to attend, and you're gonna take me there," Never the one to say no (whether by his own will or otherwise) Link obediently heeded her orders, leisurely padding towards the Dining Hall. Thankfully, she had brought her own mask so she didn't have to wear any of those dingy handouts. Bleck! No second-hand headwear for Midna.

@The Silver Paladin @Crow @Dining Hall​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Starscream had reached the entrance of the before a minute. He placed Wiruko down.

"Now Wiruko, let us feast on the delights that behold us. Surely this place has something to offer."

@Gummi Bunnies
By the time they arrived here, Wiruko's eyes sparkled almost comically, everything looked so pretty. It would be super nice to top it off if everything here could be "infected" by her, but the sweets would have to do for now.

tumblr_o3a6qumP1Z1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Awwwwww yeah! This is the right place for Wiruko to hang out right about now!"

As Wiruko would prepare to her own things...

tumblr_o3a67pKAYf1v3qowuo1_100.png

"It's about time I found you around here, Wiruko. For a second I thought you were eating up the hotel's database again..."

Hideo would reveal himself, seated at the ballroom with the laptop that primarily contained Wiruko's codes on and operating.

tumblr_o38jdm30r01v3qowuo3_100.png

"Maaaaster!! You came!"

tumblr_o3a6c5RWtp1v3qowuo2_100.png

"Gah-!"

Not giving Hideo the time to process the whole situation, he would find himself being tacklehugged to the ground by a sentient and somehow organic computer virus. This certainly was one way to make their entrance into this masquerade ball.

@people​

"Hmm..." Starscream looks at the presumably Asian human Wiruko seemed affectionate to.

So this human managed to tame the sentient creature. Interesting.

Starscream may be cruel to the point of considering blackmail, but at this very moment, mannerisms of evil were absent from his Spark.

Taking a bkueberry pie out from his cockpit, Starscream said to the young man, "your pet takes a liking to these.... 'pies'..."

@Gummi Bunnies

The kid turns to something that said 'Matchmaking'.

"He- he-" the Producer sighs. "Are you mocking me for being single?"

"Hey, I was just trying to help, OK. Besides, it would be... kind of ironic, seeing that I don't have a special someone either," the kid looked a little sad.

"Come on Haru, you're a kid. You've got a whole life ahead of you. I have to admit though, for a kid, you've sure- AH! DOG!"

The Producer hides behind his Plus One.

"Say what now-" the kid, Haru, turns behind to see a mini-person riding a dog steed. Instead of questioning the mini-person's existence, she asks her, "does it bite?"

@Archmage Jeremiah

"Hmm..." Starscream looks at the presumably Asian human Wiruko seemed affectionate to.

So this human managed to tame the sentient creature. Interesting.

Starscream may be cruel to the point of considering blackmail, but at this very moment, mannerisms of evil were absent from his Spark.

Taking a bkueberry pie out from his cockpit, Starscream said to the young man, "your pet takes a liking to these.... 'pies'..."

@Gummi Bunnies

The kid turns to something that said 'Matchmaking'.

"He- he-" the Producer sighs. "Are you mocking me for being single?"

"Hey, I was just trying to help, OK. Besides, it would be... kind of ironic, seeing that I don't have a special someone either," the kid looked a little sad.

"Come on Haru, you're a kid. You've got a whole life ahead of you. I have to admit though, for a kid, you've sure- AH! DOG!"

The Producer hides behind his Plus One.

"Say what now-" the kid, Haru, turns behind to see a mini-person riding a dog steed. Instead of questioning the mini-person's existence, she asks her, "does it bite?"

@Archmage Jeremiah

Link's pointed ear twitched upon hearing a man scream, presumably at the sight of his wolven form. Whereas Midna snickered at his reaction, Link slowly stepped towards him and his partner.

WiiU_ZeldaTPHD_scrn_03_bmp_jpgcopy-1080x675.jpg

He calmly sat down before the two of them, hoping to show that he meant them no harm. Thankfully, Midna was there to help him out, "Ahem? "It" is a he who's name is Link, and no, he won't bite," she stated matter-of-factly as Link nodded to confirm, "He isn't some wild animal, if that's what you're thinking. He's a smart boy, so treat him with some respect!"

@Crow @Dining Hall​

"I see..." Haru smiles as she pets the wolf. "Come on Producer, don't chicken out on this. You help people overcome their limits, shouldn't you try to overcome your own?"

"I guess..." Producer rubs the dogs head. "Goood boy... goood boy... I guess he's alright, I've always kind of been afraid of dogs, not as much as iguanas though."

"So his name is Link huh?" Haru ponders. "I've never really had a dog. Say, what breed is Link, anyways? Kind of looks like a husky..."

@Archmage Jeremiah

In the Grand Ballrooms, an Orchestra would begin to lay out and tune their instruments. Several armed guards wearing various armors and carrying weapons made their way to various positions around the room. A podium was set up on the stage at the far end of the room by several of the hotel's prinnies. Several tables with sheets of paper were set up outside of the ballrooms. Any tables in there were moved to separate rooms, and the floor was cleaned off. Several men and women would stream in wearing masks and fancy ballgowns.

masquerade.jpg

In the Conference Rooms, tables were set up, with immaculate white tablecloths and candles placed on them. Menus with all sorts of foods you could imagine from around the Multiverse were placed on the tables. The Conference Rooms were set up to look like a fancy restaurant. A dimensional Portal to the Kitchens opened in one wall, and waiters and waitresses and Prinnies came through, and situated themselves at tables. People wearing fancy dress also flooded into there, and sat at tables.

cgb4.jpg

When everyone was all situated, a young man would step up to the podium on the stage. He cleared his throat, and began to speak.

"I am Sentinel Riley Peterson of the Brotherhood of Steel. Welcome to the First Masquerade Ball at the Multiverse Hotel! Funded by the efforts of the Coalition, the Mira-Curtiss Partnership, and the United Nations! Tonight will be a very special evening, as it is a night of celebration. It is a Grand Masquerade Ball! The Orchestra has been graciously brought to us from various places in the Multiverse. There is dinner brought to us in the Conference Rooms, the Bar is always open, and this is obviously the Grand ballroom, where the primary events will take place." The man continued. "Do not be alarmed by the guards. They are only here to enforce order, as this is to be a Formal event. Anyway, I would like to say that there is Dinner in the Conference Rooms if anyone is hungry. If anyone is single tonight, or you simply wish to dance with random people throughout the night, there is a Matchmaking Desk just outside, Just tell them your name, and they will pair you up with someone for the evening. As you can see, there is Ballroom dancing and drinks in here. I hope you all will find it enjoyable. and finally, there are Carriage Rides out in the Gardens. Anyway, I've gone on too long, and if you have any questions or complaints, please, don't hesitate to ask me." He said, stepping down from the podium, and stepping out of the room.

Probably to cry

Will you:

Just start to dance
Stroll in the Gardens
Or eat some dinner?

((Once again! I would like you all to keep it civilized, and at least Semi-Formal, please. I don't want this to be chaotic with random characters destroying things, but I want people to have fun. Think like the parties in more Much Ado About Nothing, or Venice Carnival Masques. Don't think an Animal House type party. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask me within the group itself. Please post a picture of the clothes and mask your character will wear.))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Ashe entered the Hotel, wearing her Mourning Clothes, and a mask that she had grabbed.. She made her way to the ballroom.

Ashe wrote her name on a Slip of Paper, and handed it into the person at the Matchmaking Desk outside the Ballroom.

((Once again, regarding Chaos: Feel free to destroy a Chandelier or whatever the fuck happens at Masquerades. But yeah, I want to maintain a proper and elegant air!))
marvel-comics-the-vision-avenger.jpg

A very strange looking man stood at the Matchmaking Desk. Despite his bizarre appearance-green bodysuit, red face, and yellow eyes, he had a friendly smile about him.
'Hello there. I hope that I'm in the right place. Missing a party would be most embarrassing. Anyway, I would like to show interest in this 'Match-Making' service. I hope that my status as a divorcee would not affect any of my options.'
He said to the attendant, in a friendly, if distant tone.
@The Silver Paladin @Crow @EverybodyElse

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_lfdzqzj07N1qfnntao1_500.jpg

A swift clicking sound filled the room as the being known as John Henry entered the room, a robotic grin upon his face; he still had little understanding regarding the value of the gesture, only that it made humans feel more comfortable, and that was enough for him. He let out a short, sharp laugh as he approached the hotel reception; what was this feeling called? Excitement? Awe? The system had only gained access to unrestricted emotion several months ago, and it was still a great deal to process, even for his advanced mind. Regardless of what it was, it was certainly the first time he had felt it and it felt....good

He ran his rugged fingers along the line of his tuxedo, reciting the memories of its origin. John played the recordings back within his own mind, recalling the very moments the outfit had entered his possession-

---

Mr.Henry had been sitting in his chair, as he always did, wired directly into the Zerka mainframe. If he were to be honest, he still felt a strange connection to those walls, or, as a human might put, he was suffering from a case of 'Homesickness'. Yet, he was that building, in one sense. Subjective ideals aside, John Henry was a computer. A line of code. The body he stood within, if data can stand, was merely a vessel for said code, just like his 'Home'. Perhaps that explained his longing; he wasn't missing a place; he was missing part of his being...

He had just finished he latest assignment, the completion of imaginative 'Play'. It was more than play to him; each 'Toy' had its own personality, subjectively, its own likes and dislikes. Although his goal was to both exercise his mechanical joints and formulate new stories for his 'Bionicle' models, he had instead taken his play even further, giving the creatures whole minds, hearts and lives; it was his favorite passtime by far. John stared down at his creation in all its glory. A 3 foot tower completely composed by 'Lego' block, with his two Bionicles dueling upon the top. He believed them to be fighting over the secrets of the mask of life, a piece he was yet to acquire. Never mind; he would simply have to use his 'Imagination'. He flicked one of fighter's spinning blades, sending it into unnaturally fast rotations.

Garret-Dillahunt-in-Terminator.jpg

Then, Mr Ellison walked in.

He stood before the vessel, coated in sweat. His breath smelled like cheap energy drink, and he was panting like a thirsting dog; there was a high likelihood that he had just returned from short jog, not exceeding 27km, and had decided to change with clothes as quickly as possible in order to appear professional. There was a 72% that John Henry was correct, and that was enough for him

"Good Morning, John Henry" The former FBI agent half-muttered, half-panted. He always addressed the system by its full name; it must have been some kind of coping method, some sort of way in which he convinced himself he was talking to more than a pile of Coltan in a chair. Mr.Henry replied accordingly;

"Good morning, Mr.Ellison. How was your jog?"

"Is it that obvious"

ttscc+screenshot+1.bmp

"There is no need to be embarrassed, Mr.Ellison; physical fitness is an important factor in contributing to an individual's overall health" He rotated his head towards the detective. "And it was not obvious"

"I know, John Henry, I know" Ellison made three long strides, covering the distance between the door and the table with ease. He pulled out the chair opposite his robotic friend, swiftly planting himself upon it. He brushed his cold palms along the base of his jacket, pushing out all the creases and such as he lowered himself 'I just wanted to look professional'

Just as the machine had predicted; he wanted to remain impressionable

"Did you want to keep your suit clean too, Mr.Ellison?"

"Pardon?"

426202AAr3P6.jpg

"Your suit. Its new. Perhaps that contributed to your nervousness regarding your appearance". The smell of linen, the broken fibers against the door...his door. Yes, there was no mistake in it.

"Yes, yes it is new. Mrs.Weave suggested that I updated by wardrobe with my new position"

It was that point a new idea dawned upon the machine; position. If Mr.Ellison was granted new fabrics for his new rank, why was he not? He was not permitted to leave the room at the time, thus he require others to fetch things before; but why did nobody tell him? He former position, well, positions, had been quite diverse; his mind had been used to play chess 6 months prior, and his body was used for the eradication of humanity. Quite ironic how he was now acting on behalf of science, the past of mind rather than body.

"Why have I not been given clothes, Mr.Ellison? New clothes, I mean; are these not the clothes the man known as George Laszlo died in?"

Even the detective had noticed the cruelty of such an action; George Laszlo, or as the detective new him to be, the machine know as Cromartie, had killed several innocent people, the polar oppocite of Henry's goal. With the Terminator personality gone, he was infect living in a deadmans shirt. Yet Ellison sat in new clothing....Being a religious man, Ellison acted instinctively and without regret, even more so in situations like these; Give unto others as you wish for them to give unto you.

"Take my jacket, John"

How strange, the man was referring to the machine by his first name; that was...well, a first. What a peculiar time to begin a change in title.

"I could not possibly accept this gift, Mr Ellison; it is a test"

There was a 60% likelihood than Mr.Ellison intended to teach the machine a lesson of morality through is actions; it was simply how the world worked. John had been taught not to value physical possessions, especially not those belonging to other

"A test? No! It's a gift, take it" The FBI agent swiftly changed his attire, outstretching the hand bearing the jacket towards his 'friend'

"No. Exodus 20: 17- Thou shall not envy thy neighbors property. You taught me that Mr.Ellison"
He stared at his friend with the look of an inquisitive puppy
383292cromartie.jpg

"Yes, very good, John Henry" He rubbed his palm against his temple; the machine was right about the wrong thing "But now I'm giving you a gift. You know what a gift is, right?"

Just as the new information entered the machines mind, an image appeared upon the board behind them. It was a holographic slide, swiftly switching between many different images of gifts, surrounded by quotes and relevant bullet points.

"A gift." The machine cried in his monotone voice "An object willingly given to someone without payment or exchange; a present" John Henry reached forward and clenched the black cotton within his bony fingers. He ran his dry palms over the sweat soaked material; regardless of its treatment, this item must have cost the detective a considerable amount of money; how kind of him to give it away to a being such as himself

"Once such an item is revived, it is custom for the one receiving said gift to thank the giver. Thank you, Mr.Ellison"

---

The playback ended.

Content with this 'Memory', the machine entered the main hall, pushing aside the large glass doors with his might hands; it was about time he put his gift to good use. There was so much to do, so many things to explore; food, dancing, human interaction (Which, of course, was his primary mission) and...romance?

The concept of companionship had always perplexed the mechanical entity; why is it that humans choose to 'love' a singular being for their entire lives, on the sheer premise of a chemical reaction? Perhaps, being a being of wires and metal, he would never understand the physiological inner workings of the human mind, at least, not on the level that a human does; to John Henry, life was a collection of causes and effects rather than decisions and mistakes. To his, consciousness was code rather than divine right.

But still, part of him still searched for something...more. Just because he didn't understand 'Love', did not cripple his curiosity. If these people were truly able to 'Matchmake', who would they pair him up with? All these ideas intrigued him greatly, pushing him to consult the being running the area.

"Hello. My name is John Henry. Do you what the idea of 'Matchmaking' truly means, or how it could help me? I'm always willing to learn"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies @(Excuse the spelling/tense, long post while mobile) @C.T​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
marvel-comics-the-vision-avenger.jpg

A very strange looking man stood at the Matchmaking Desk. Despite his bizarre appearance-green bodysuit, red face, and yellow eyes, he had a friendly smile about him.
'Hello there. I hope that I'm in the right place. Missing a party would be most embarrassing. Anyway, I would like to show interest in this 'Match-Making' service. I hope that my status as a divorcee would not affect any of my options.'
He said to the attendant, in a friendly, if distant tone.
@The Silver Paladin @Crow @EverybodyElse

tumblr_lfdzqzj07N1qfnntao1_500.jpg

A swift clicking sound filled the room as the being known as John Henry entered the room, a robotic grin upon his face; he still had little understanding regarding the value of the gesture, only that it made humans feel more comfortable, and that was enough for him. He let out a short, sharp laugh as he approached the hotel reception; what was this feeling called? Excitement? Awe? The system had only gained access to unrestricted emotion several months ago, and it was still a great deal to process, even for his advanced mind. Regardless of what it was, it was certainly the first time he had felt it and it felt....good

He ran his rugged fingers along the line of his tuxedo, reciting the memories of its origin. John played the recordings back within his own mind, recalling the very moments the outfit had entered his possession-

---

Mr.Henry had been sitting in his chair, as he always did, wired directly into the Zerka mainframe. If he were to be honest, he still felt a strange connection to those walls, or, as a human might put, he was suffering from a case of 'Homesickness'. Yet, he was that building, in one sense. Subjective ideals aside, John Henry was a computer. A line of code. The body he stood within, if data can stand, was merely a vessel for said code, just like his 'Home'. Perhaps that explained his longing; he wasn't missing a place; he was missing part of his being...

He had just finished he latest assignment, the completion of imaginative 'Play'. It was more than play to him; each 'Toy' had its own personality, subjectively, its own likes and dislikes. Although his goal was to both exercise his mechanical joints and formulate new stories for his 'Bionicle' models, he had instead taken his play even further, giving the creatures whole minds, hearts and lives; it was his favorite passtime by far. John stared down at his creation in all its glory. A 3 foot tower completely composed by 'Lego' block, with his two Bionicles dueling upon the top. He believed them to be fighting over the secrets of the mask of life, a piece he was yet to acquire. Never mind; he would simply have to use his 'Imagination'. He flicked one of fighter's spinning blades, sending it into unnaturally fast rotations.

Garret-Dillahunt-in-Terminator.jpg

Then, Mr Ellison walked in.

He stood before the vessel, coated in sweat. His breath smelled like cheap energy drink, and he was panting like a thirsting dog; there was a high likelihood that he had just returned from short jog, not exceeding 27km, and had decided to change with clothes as quickly as possible in order to appear professional. There was a 72% that John Henry was correct, and that was enough for him

"Good Morning, John Henry" The former FBI agent half-muttered, half-panted. He always addressed the system by its full name; it must have been some kind of coping method, some sort of way in which he convinced himself he was talking to more than a pile of Coltan in a chair. Mr.Henry replied accordingly;

"Good morning, Mr.Ellison. How was your jog?"

"Is it that obvious"

ttscc+screenshot+1.bmp

"There is no need to be embarrassed, Mr.Ellison; physical fitness is an important factor in contributing to an individual's overall health" He rotated his head towards the detective. "And it was not obvious"

"I know, John Henry, I know" Ellison made three long strides, covering the distance between the door and the table with ease. He pulled out the chair opposite his robotic friend, swiftly planting himself upon it. He brushed his cold palms along the base of his jacket, pushing out all the creases and such as he lowered himself 'I just wanted to look professional'

Just as the machine had predicted; he wanted to remain impressionable

"Did you want to keep your suit clean too, Mr.Ellison?"

"Pardon?"

426202AAr3P6.jpg

"Your suit. Its new. Perhaps that contributed to your nervousness regarding your appearance". The smell of linen, the broken fibers against the door...his door. Yes, there was no mistake in it.

"Yes, yes it is new. Mrs.Weave suggested that I updated by wardrobe with my new position"

It was that point a new idea dawned upon the machine; position. If Mr.Ellison was granted new fabrics for his new rank, why was he not? He was not permitted to leave the room at the time, thus he require others to fetch things before; but why did nobody tell him? He former position, well, positions, had been quite diverse; his mind had been used to play chess 6 months prior, and his body was used for the eradication of humanity. Quite ironic how he was now acting on behalf of science, the past of mind rather than body.

"Why have I not been given clothes, Mr.Ellison? New clothes, I mean; are these not the clothes the man known as George Laszlo died in?"

Even the detective had noticed the cruelty of such an action; George Laszlo, or as the detective new him to be, the machine know as Cromartie, had killed several innocent people, the polar oppocite of Henry's goal. With the Terminator personality gone, he was infect living in a deadmans shirt. Yet Ellison sat in new clothing....Being a religious man, Ellison acted instinctively and without regret, even more so in situations like these; Give unto others as you wish for them to give unto you.

"Take my jacket, John"

How strange, the man was referring to the machine by his first name; that was...well, a first. What a peculiar time to begin a change in title.

"I could not possibly accept this gift, Mr Ellison; it is a test"

There was a 60% likelihood than Mr.Ellison intended to teach the machine a lesson of morality through is actions; it was simply how the world worked. John had been taught not to value physical possessions, especially not those belonging to other

"A test? No! It's a gift, take it" The FBI agent swiftly changed his attire, outstretching the hand bearing the jacket towards his 'friend'

"No. Exodus 20: 17- Thou shall not envy thy neighbors property. You taught me that Mr.Ellison"
He stared at his friend with the look of an inquisitive puppy
383292cromartie.jpg

"Yes, very good, John Henry" He rubbed his palm against his temple; the machine was right about the wrong thing "But now I'm giving you a gift. You know what a gift is, right?"

Just as the new information entered the machines mind, an image appeared upon the board behind them. It was a holographic slide, swiftly switching between many different images of gifts, surrounded by quotes and relevant bullet points.

"A gift." The machine cried in his monotone voice "An object willingly given to someone without payment or exchange; a present" John Henry reached forward and clenched the black cotton within his bony fingers. He ran his dry palms over the sweat soaked material; regardless of its treatment, this item must have cost the detective a considerable amount of money; how kind of him to give it away to a being such as himself

"Once such an item is revived, it is custom for the one receiving said gift to thank the giver. Thank you, Mr.Ellison"

---

The playback ended.

Content with this 'Memory', the machine entered the main hall, pushing aside the large glass doors with his might hands; it was about time he put his gift to good use. There was so much to do, so many things to explore; food, dancing, human interaction (Which, of course, was his primary mission) and...romance?

The concept of companionship had always perplexed the mechanical entity; why is it that humans choose to 'love' a singular being for their entire lives, on the sheer premise of a chemical reaction? Perhaps, being a being of wires and metal, he would never understand the physiological inner workings of the human mind, at least, not on the level that a human does; to John Henry, life was a collection of causes and effects rather than decisions and mistakes. To his, consciousness was code rather than divine right.

But still, part of him still searched for something...more. Just because he didn't understand 'Love', did not cripple his curiosity. If these people were truly able to 'Matchmake', who would they pair him up with? All these ideas intrigued him greatly, pushing him to consult the being running the area.

"Hello. My name is John Henry. Do you what the idea of 'Matchmaking' truly means, or how it could help me? I'm always willing to learn"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies @(Excuse the spelling/tense, long post while mobile) @C.T​

"Yes, can I get your names, please?" The woman sitting at the desk asked. "Just write it on one of the slips of paper, and we will get you with somebody you can dance the night away with." She handed you a pen, and a slip of paper. "They probably won't be a perfect match, but I can tell you that you'll have fun no matter what."

@Crow

masquerade.jpg

cgb4.jpg

Probably to cry

Will you:

Just start to dance
Stroll in the Gardens
Or eat some dinner?

[spoili]-The Man's Attire-

f721fedf4ab8df87d0943405b63f39e5.jpg

667608a651f6762ee58dbecbc2ceb3b8.jpg

-The Woman's Attire-

wpid-black-mermaid-prom-dresses-2014-2016-2017-0.jpg

m7110blacktilt.jpg
[/spoili]

A certain young man that had been lurking in the shadows now headed towards the Grand Ballroom, but that wasn't this certain male's first stop to be had...

Approaching the matchmaking desk with a confidence and coolness to his step, the young man(happening to be a Reaper) calmly wrote his name on a slip of paper in surprisingly neat writing and handed it over with a charming grin. "I hope it's not too late to enter?" he inquired. Oh, how much fun he could have with this...

"Yeah? You aren't the only one, hon. This ought to be amusing..."

From behind the young man came a certain redheaded young woman with hypnotic golden eyes, her pupils seeming similar to those of a cat. She had an even more confident air than the man in front of her, and seemed even more cool and stylish. Yup, it appeared that this woman had grown bored with the battle between the insane guy and the kid, winding up simply walking off. And how could she pass up a ball? So many chances to mess with others. Maybe Silas was even here for her to give a well-deserved ass-whooping.

Pursing her lips and calmly writing her name down before passing the slip on over, her confident smile never falling from her lips. She didn't seem bothered by the fact that the young man before her was staring with slight surprise. "Be careful with that. It isn't every day you get an autograph from the most powerful woman in the world."

@The Silver Paladin @Matchmaking desk @Whoever​

[spoili]-The Man's Attire-

f721fedf4ab8df87d0943405b63f39e5.jpg

667608a651f6762ee58dbecbc2ceb3b8.jpg

-The Woman's Attire-

wpid-black-mermaid-prom-dresses-2014-2016-2017-0.jpg

m7110blacktilt.jpg
[/spoili]

A certain young man that had been lurking in the shadows now headed towards the Grand Ballroom, but that wasn't this certain male's first stop to be had...

Approaching the matchmaking desk with a confidence and coolness to his step, the young man(happening to be a Reaper) calmly wrote his name on a slip of paper in surprisingly neat writing and handed it over with a charming grin. "I hope it's not too late to enter?" he inquired. Oh, how much fun he could have with this...

"Yeah? You aren't the only one, hon. This ought to be amusing..."

From behind the young man came a certain redheaded young woman with hypnotic golden eyes, her pupils seeming similar to those of a cat. She had an even more confident air than the man in front of her, and seemed even more cool and stylish. Yup, it appeared that this woman had grown bored with the battle between the insane guy and the kid, winding up simply walking off. And how could she pass up a ball? So many chances to mess with others. Maybe Silas was even here for her to give a well-deserved ass-whooping.

Pursing her lips and calmly writing her name down before passing the slip on over, her confident smile never falling from her lips. She didn't seem bothered by the fact that the young man before her was staring with slight surprise. "Be careful with that. It isn't every day you get an autograph from the most powerful woman in the world."

@The Silver Paladin @Matchmaking desk @Whoever​
"Ahah. Powerful, you say?"

maxresdefault.jpg

A deep, male voice came from behind the woman, fully equipped with a commanding tone and somewhat of an English accent. A man with golden hair, and vicious, crimson eyes. Whether or not she chose to respond, the man still eyed her if she turned around and walked past, then turning his attention to the matchmaking desk.

This was utterly foolish. Why would anyone be forced to dance with some mindless shithead? If anything, this man was not one to be forced to do anything. His heart and his actions are utterly unclouded-- they are those of power. It is not enough that he should succeed in all ways possible; it is important that others should fail. Striding towards the desk with an imposing, muscular figure, the masked individual gripped one of the pens with his clawed hand, writing down his name...

Dio Brando
dio_brando_19367.jpg

Setting the pen back down and looking up at the person manning the desk, Dio seemed to stare straight into his blood beyond the mask. "Do not pair me with someone...inadequate" he said in a commanding, intimidating tone. Underneath the stone mask, Dio smiled and chuckled, revealing a pair of sharp white fangs. Despite making a blatant threat against a worker, Dio turned around and began to stride off to the Dining Hall. He needed another drink, and perhaps another drink, if you catch my drift.

@The Silver Paladin @Hospes @MATCHMAKING DESK @DINING HALL​

• Love
"Ahah. Powerful, you say?"

maxresdefault.jpg

A deep, male voice came from behind the woman, fully equipped with a commanding tone and somewhat of an English accent. A man with golden hair, and vicious, crimson eyes. Whether or not she chose to respond, the man still eyed her if she turned around and walked past, then turning his attention to the matchmaking desk.

This was utterly foolish. Why would anyone be forced to dance with some mindless shithead? If anything, this man was not one to be forced to do anything. His heart and his actions are utterly unclouded-- they are those of power. It is not enough that he should succeed in all ways possible; it is important that others should fail. Striding towards the desk with an imposing, muscular figure, the masked individual gripped one of the pens with his clawed hand, writing down his name...

Dio Brando
dio_brando_19367.jpg

Setting the pen back down and looking up at the person manning the desk, Dio seemed to stare straight into his blood beyond the mask. "Do not pair me with someone...inadequate" he said in a commanding, intimidating tone. Underneath the stone mask, Dio smiled and chuckled, revealing a pair of sharp white fangs. Despite making a blatant threat against a worker, Dio turned around and began to stride off to the Dining Hall. He needed another drink, and perhaps another drink, if you catch my drift.

@The Silver Paladin @Hospes @MATCHMAKING DESK @DINING HALL

"Hm..?"

Yes, the redhead could practically feel the power radiating from the figure behind her. An enthralling feeling, truly. In a single swift and gracious movement, the woman turned on her heels to face the speaker - though she hardly appeared impressed. "You heard right, blondie," she replied, casually. Without another word, she brushed by him, her fingers absently as she moved fluidly. But not without speaking over her shoulder. "...I hope you haven't got a problem with that."

Meanwhile, the male still stared, seeming transfixed for some reason. Odd.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Whoever​

Status
Not open for further replies.