The Moonlit World: London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside, the storm began in earnest as the rain began to fall in torrents.

The old man glanced towards his niece, debating before he finally pushed both key and card away.

"Bring your friend. We will hear what you have to say."

As soon as that was done, he leaned forward to look at the two.

"So. What stake is it that you two have in this and why should we trust you? Our enemies agents are everywhere and only coming here have we shaken them off...For now."

@Michale CS @Gands

-------------

Outside, on the rooftop a different sort of conversation would be taking place as flickers of light off metal and the ring of weapon on weapon echoed in the district.​

As soon as that was done, he leaned forward to look at the two.

"So. What stake is it that you two have in this and why should we trust you? Our enemies agents are everywhere and only coming here have we shaken them off...For now."
I decided to be direct and to the point. I shrugged and said, "I just want to do the right thing. What happened to those girls, well it shouldn't happen to anyone. If I can help, I'm going to. I'm going to keep working on this with or without your cooperation or permission, so it's your call on whether or not you trust me to be on the good guys' side."

I raise my hands palms up and smile. "Cards on the table. Your turn. Call, raise or fold?"

@Gands @Ringmaster

I smile at Cyn, clearly proud of her.

I could be wrong, but it might already be too late. The storm that followed you is here I think.

What stake do I have ? Next to none, But that girl, whoever she is... her life is at stake.

I know this seems odd. My friend and I are both trying to find our path. Our own path, not that of our heritage. I've spent most of my life, training, learning. Instinct tells me now is the time as my friend says, to stand up for what's right.

I know this place is neutral ground Sir, but is it surrounded by the local potentate's territory ? Can we get out without stirring up trouble. If this is too far inside his territory, and he is on the other side of this, there will be unfortunate consequences.

I am trying to keep within myself, my father's daughter, unemotional, logical and strategic. My body language largely portrays this. I am talking to the older man, but I am looking at the young woman when I speak.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
"There are two of them."

The old man finally says as he looks at them before adding.

"Beyond that, we refuse to say more unless you swear on your power, that you truly mean to help us both as you say."

Oaths were serious things in the Moonlit World. Sworn on personal power, to break it meant to shatter your power. Much like how a wizard would lose their magic if they swore an oath on their power, before breaking it. It was a binding thing and showed just how intensely that the old man considered the matter.

@Gands @Michale CS

I take a long moment to gather myself, to resist the impulse to be insulted and angry. I pull my sword carefully and slowly, holding it in front of me. Staring at the woman.

I swear on my personal power that I mean you no ill will and have no intent to harm you, unless you yourselves are the kidnappers and murderers in question.

I wait for Cyn to make her own oath, once she's done.

Now, answer my questions please, before we run out of time.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

"I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do- wait... That's the girl scout law. Sure I promise, I'm totally into this. Devoted, oathed whatever."

@Ringmaster @Gands

I take a long moment to gather myself, to resist the impulse to be insulted and angry. I pull my sword carefully and slowly, holding it in front of me. Staring at the woman.

I swear on my personal power that I mean you no ill will and have no intent to harm you, unless you yourselves are the kidnappers and murderers in question.

I wait for Cyn to make her own oath, once she's done.

Now, answer my questions please, before we run out of time.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS
The old man nodded in apparent satisfaction.​
"I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do- wait... That's the girl scout law. Sure I promise, I'm totally into this. Devoted, oathed whatever."

@Ringmaster @Gands
Not so much with her.

"You think this a game? As you have learned, people have died for this whose crime had only been to assist someone who needed it. There are foes surrounding on every side and trust is a commodity earned. Perhaps you might actually be someone who truly wishes to help, but in our day here? You cannot be too careful. Now either make a serious oath or please leave the table. Because what follows with this information will harm you in turn, as it has harmed us and if this is too much to ask, then no harm, no foul."

@Michale CS @Gands

"it's called using humor as a coping mechanism." I shake my head.

After taking a deep breath I continue, in English with my full Demonic language underspeech.
"I, Cynthia Caesa Seere, Scion of Prince Seere, General of the Twenty Six Infernal Legions, devote my allegiance to the cause of ending the entity who would perpetrate the atrocities her eyes have witnessed and recorded, and risk my eternal flame in the completion of this quest." The area around me darkens slightly as I bind myself to the geas as formally as I can manage. The light in my eyes flickers and restores itself only as I finish the oath.

"Satisfied?"

@Gands @Ringmaster

"....Yes."

The old man smiled.

"And so it begins, with something small...Its how it always begins. I am Egg Shen."

"Chun Li." Says the young woman, looking between the two.

"And we are on the run not by one, but two forces....The Black Dragon and Lo Pan."

"The Black Dragon are weapons dealers and purveyors of flesh. Its how I met Chun Li here. We had intercepted a dock operation and got split up. Then Lo Pan got wind of it and sent his Storms after her...You know how well that went. So what I seek to find out, is what exactly makes Chun Li here so special. Why anyone would want her, for their own reasons. But our resources are limited in London and both forces seek our heads."

Egg Shen chuckled and took a bite.

"At least we've a nice, last meal! Ahahahaha!"

@Gands @Michale CS

I nod to them.

That makes sense. We are now close to, or in Lo Pan's territory. That needs to change in my opinion.
We have two others outside, one is a guardian, was her that got us started in this mess. The other is a friend.

I move towards the window to peek outside.

"Did I ever tell you how I fucking hate politics? This is why I'm living up here not down there. But I've oathbound myself, so in for a penny in for a pound, even if it is a pound of flesh. What I want to know is how this all ties together. All of this can't be a coincidence. Bastard Wednesday knew I was going to swear an oath the moment he laid eye on me." I shook my head, but there was nothing for it. I had bound myself in a way that was unbreakable to fixing this, and that was that.

Curse old One eye all you like Cynthia, you know this all amuses him. Pretty soon this area is going to be crawling with Chinese bad guys like a b grade Saturday morning movie.

I put my sword away, it slides in the sheath and disappears. I turn from the table.

I'll be right back.

I go and try to find the manager, checking first with the waitress.

"Did I ever tell you how I fucking hate politics? This is why I'm living up here not down there. But I've oathbound myself, so in for a penny in for a pound, even if it is a pound of flesh. What I want to know is how this all ties together. All of this can't be a coincidence. Bastard Wednesday knew I was going to swear an oath the moment he laid eye on me." I shook my head, but there was nothing for it. I had bound myself in a way that was unbreakable to fixing this, and that was that.
"One-Eye?"

Egg Shen frowned and considered before he spoke.

"He owed me a favor. I asked him for help and apparently, he directed you to me."
Curse old One eye all you like Cynthia, you know this all amuses him. Pretty soon this area is going to be crawling with Chinese bad guys like a b grade Saturday morning movie.

I put my sword away, it slides in the sheath and disappears. I turn from the table.

I'll be right back.

I go and try to find the manager, checking first with the waitress.
The Manager once it was made known to him was willing for the portal to open in his place. Around that point, Lucifer came in...Soaking wet, with a slash mark slowly healing around his cheek. Over his shoulder, Lane was being carried as he spoke.

"We got trouble. The Storms are here. I managed to drive off one, but all three are going to come soon. We should make for my people."

"No! Not the Church! I know of a place better!"

Which do you choose?

@Michale CS @Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon

"One-Eye?"

Egg Shen frowned and considered before he spoke.

"He owed me a favor. I asked him for help and apparently, he directed you to me."

The Manager once it was made known to him was willing for the portal to open in his place. Around that point, Lucifer came in...Soaking wet, with a slash mark slowly healing around his cheek. Over his shoulder, Lane was being carried as he spoke.

"We got trouble. The Storms are here. I managed to drive off one, but all three are going to come soon. We should make for my people."

Which do you choose?

Slowly, Lane came to, a bit confused why a teenager that couldn't weigh more than a hundred pounds carrying her like she was a ragdoll, let alone why the both of them were wet. Slowly, realization dawned upon her.

"Alright who put what in my drink?"

@Ringmaster

Lucifer, I can get us a portal out of here. There are three places I can get us out to. My shop near diaganon alley, our home in central east London or my shop in Los Angeles. The portal is through Hades, and relatively safe as long as I am there.

I am open as to which of the three, but L.A. while being the safest would be hardest to get back from..

( To Chen & Chin li )
These are the peopleI was talking about.

Which do you choose?
"Listen, Lucifer. And this isn't really a dig at you but if I end up at a church, I go from ass-kicking half-demon woman to, well, a grouchy bitch with next to no powers, and you've already said that the Burial Agency is not on the buddy list of the guy who's after us. I'm leaning toward wherever it is Chen wants to go, though LA would be a severe relocation. It would get her closest to safety, but then we'd be having to explain to... whoever is in charge in LA why we popped in there from a portal from Hades. I'm kinda thinking Chen's idea might be the best one? Whattya say, Alex, Lane?"

I look among them, waiting for a response and honestly thinking that it was very good that I oathbound myself or I would have said LA then tried to convince Alex we'd gotten in over our heads and turn Chun Li and Chen over to Titania or whomever held sway that far west. But thankfully I had taken that oath because I know that my demonic nature makes me like to change my mind in selfish ways. Here's to using a demon trick to make myself more human.

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster

LA is probably too far Cyn, that's true enough. So Egg Shen, that leaves two choices, which is closer to what you have in mind ? I'd rather not stay here in China town, too much potential for Cyn and I to create political consequence we may not be able to afford to pay.

I'm grinning a bit despite myself.

Lane, you and Lucifer have been fighting bad guys, you probably got clocked.

Lucifer, under different circumstances the burial folks would be great allies. Not this time I'm afraid. Further, they may not appreciate you bringing these particular bad guys to their doorstep.

Lane, you and Lucifer have been fighting bad guys, you probably got clocked.

"That was anticlimactic. After the amount of fighting I've been through I was hoping you guys would have told I fought off a bear dragon while shitfaced."

Lane listened intently for a moment, trying to get a line on what was happening. Okay, some magical do badder was after them, and they had to save the damsel in distress. Where to hole up until the shitstorm passed or the cavalry arrived. LA was so far away, but that was home court advantage. They could have a veritable army on their side there. Burial Agency was out of question for more than just the stated, they were still rather Cross about her killing that demonic priest. They would've had to go without her, but thankfully it looked like they weren't going at all.

"What about Clock Tower?" She asked. "Mages are insufferable jackasses, but... nah that's pretty much it."

@Gands @Michale CS @Ringmaster

"That was anticlimactic. After the amount of fighting I've been through I was hoping you guys would have told I fought off a bear dragon while shitfaced."
I laughed despite myself. "Okay, next time, I'll do that. And I can make it believable too. It's kind of my thing."

"What about Clock Tower?" She asked. "Mages are insufferable jackasses, but... nah that's pretty much it."
"You said it. They're jackasses, and we're going to bring a jackass party to them. They may just fireball first and ask questions later though. I'm actually far more interested in knowing more about this place Chen mentioned. We don't have a lot of time I'm guessing, so..."

I look over at Chen for some sort of explanation.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Gands @Ringmaster

"No. We do not."

Egg Shen spoke with a frown. Lucifer sheepishly put down Lane and Egg Shen explained.

"The place I am considering is an old Chinese sanctuary. A place of refuge in the Nevernever, for those who call for it. I did the owners a favor a long while back. At the least, our enemies will have to pursue us there and the matter can be settled with a neutral party. It should be safe....Ish. Its also why I came here to Chinatown in the first place. More easier to enter, yes?"

Status
Not open for further replies.