The Moonlit World: London

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still carrying myself with all of the power and dignity I can muster as I look directly at the lion. I try to recall it's name as I talk to it.

I will not, but may I ask one more question of them ?

Did the woman get away ?

"What. The actual. Fuck. I pop out for like thirty seconds and we get a fucking Asian Aslan." So maybe I shouldn't have said that, but Hells, this was some crazy shit, even for my life.
I will not, but may I ask one more question of them ?

Did the woman get away ?
The littlest ghost shook her head.

"She fought for us and we died for it. We saw her surrender in the van and with our bodies dragged with them, we followed. We urged her to fight and she did. She is now somewhere in London and the Storm follows after."

@Gands @Michale CS @Thuro 116 Pendragon

I bow to the three spirits.

You have my sympathy. Thank you for helping. Be at rest !

I arm slips around Cynthia, giving and seeking moral support and my legs twitch a little inside the fashionable yoga pants she bought for me. I have a loose silk shirt and a jacket over my top half and boots on my feet.

You have my sympathy. Thank you for helping. Be at rest !

I arm slips around Cynthia, giving and seeking moral support and my legs twitch a little inside the fashionable yoga pants she bought for me. I have a loose silk shirt and a jacket over my top half and boots on my feet.
I lean over and whisper to Alex, "This happen often to you? I mean, the Sixth Sense I see dead people thing."

Then I try to recover and give a little bow, but I'm really horrible at doing stuff like this so it comes off a little stiff. Stiff, bowing to stiffs. I have to stifle a laugh, but Alex probably feels me twitch a bit as I do.

"I can only guess at what just happened here, Alex. So, we're following your lead then?"

@Gands @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon

These spirits were of women who must have lived nearby, they gave shelter to the girl and it cost them their lives. They said there was a storm following the surviving girl, perhaps Wotan's doing ?

Can you sense it ? I can try to do a ritual to detect it otherwise.

The ghosts went peacefully with the Chinese Lion and when it faded, there was nothing more to see otherwise, unless they had any other idea they wished to try. Lucifer would be seen heading back to the car, a thoughtful expression on his face. In the background, the crowd began to disperse.

Whenever the two were ready, they would head off to the next part.

These spirits were of women who must have lived nearby, they gave shelter to the girl and it cost them their lives. They said there was a storm following the surviving girl, perhaps Wotan's doing ?

Can you sense it ? I can try to do a ritual to detect it otherwise.
The ghosts went peacefully with the Chinese Lion and when it faded, there was nothing more to see otherwise, unless they had any other idea they wished to try. Lucifer would be seen heading back to the car, a thoughtful expression on his face. In the background, the crowd began to disperse.

Whenever the two were ready, they would head off to the next part.
"I don't have a lot of magic radar. I toss fireballs and shit, I'm not a wizard. I can only sense magic when I'm nearly on top of it and it's actively going off. Sorry, babe. Maybe I can put remedial magic 101 on my to do list." I sigh, feeling kind of useless.

"Anyway I got some snapshots and took a blood sample from inside the van. Not sure if that would help you figure things out or with your ritual, but... it's what I figured to do once I was in there and it was like a scene from a horror flick."

I would turn over whatever Alex wanted to her as we made our way to the car to meet Lucifer.

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster

She was certainly Chinese as the other ladies were. There bodies were taken into the Van.

I stop and do a quick Ritual near the Van, the blood would be a strong draw. I, like Cynthia am not a real mage, but I know some rituals and blood has a special property to it.

She was certainly Chinese as the other ladies were. There bodies were taken into the Van.

I stop and do a quick Ritual near the Van, the blood would be a strong draw. I, like Cynthia am not a real mage, but I know some rituals and blood has a special property to it.
As luck would have it, the blood belonged to the victim captured. The trail heading off in a direction towards where Westminister was located. And considering all the paths so far, there was only one place in particular that this trail would lead them to.

Chinatown.

Back in the car as soon as they came, Lucifer spoke.

"I got close enough to identify the plates of the van. Took a gander too with the cops, managed to glean some eyewitness information. Apparently, a freak fog blew in thick enough for the crash to occur. The plates themselves I was going to run later. What did you find out?"

I think the Storm is the affect of an Ally. There were three other women, Chinese, a family who gave shelter to the victim. She was demanded of them, they denied the perpetrators access and died defending her. There is a magical trail I think Lucifer... Westminster & Chinatown.

I hold Cynthia tight against me. Not really because any of us are in any danger, but my emotions remind me... That bad things could happen to any of us at nearly any time. Enjoy life when you can.

Back in the car as soon as they came, Lucifer spoke.

"I got close enough to identify the plates of the van. Took a gander too with the cops, managed to glean some eyewitness information. Apparently, a freak fog blew in thick enough for the crash to occur. The plates themselves I was going to run later. What did you find out?"
I think the Storm is the affect of an Ally. There were three other women, Chinese, a family who gave shelter to the victim. She was demanded of them, they denied the perpetrators access and died defending her. There is a magical trail I think Lucifer... Westminster & Chinatown.

I hold Cynthia tight against me. Not really because any of us are in any danger, but my emotions remind me... That bad things could happen to any of us at nearly any time. Enjoy life when you can.
"I just saw a bunch of freaky magical symbols inside the van, other than just utter yuck. Here's the pics I got." I show the pictures to Lucifer to see if he recognizes anything.

And what do you know? I'm totally not mad at Alex for not standing up to Mr. Wednesday when he called me a whore anymore. Funny how that works. I'm still going to mention it to her though. Cause, yeah I'm still a woman.

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster

"Chinatown. That explains a bit actually."
"I just saw a bunch of freaky magical symbols inside the van, other than just utter yuck. Here's the pics I got." I show the pictures to Lucifer to see if he recognizes anything.
Taking the pictures, Lucifer flicked through them before finally shaking his head.

"No idea what they are, but I do know a little about Chinatown. The Accords that keep us together are a subject of debate for my crew. Among them, who to think twice about first before charging in. Chinatown is David Lo Pan territory- The crime boss from San Francisco. Has ties to mainland China, some kind of sorcerer or something. Freeholding Lord under the accords."

Beyond that? He rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Not without his share of enemies though. So we know the women were killed here...Only question is, which faction won out? Lo Pans forces or his enemies?"

And both went to Chinatown as well...Lucifer started the car and said quietly.

"Stand by for trouble. We'll see what happens."

And off they drove, though a few more questions burned in Lucifers mind as they drove.

@Michale CS @Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon

"Not without his share of enemies though. So we know the women were killed here...Only question is, which faction won out? Lo Pans forces or his enemies?"

And both went to Chinatown as well...Lucifer started the car and said quietly.

"Stand by for trouble. We'll see what happens."
"Lo Pan? Why am I suddenly hungry for Chinese food?" I shrug then reply to his next comment. "Trouble pretty much follows me around, so I'm kinda always ready for it."

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster @Gands

I don't believe I've heard of him before Lucifer. But, sorcerers are usually bad news, especially if they can exist outside of the local magical rules and rule keepers.

I have a bit of protections against magic, but I'm more prepared for physical conflict. Do you know anything about his enemies that might help us ? Anyone can chirp in here by the way !

When Lucifer and the detective aren't looking, I whisper into Cynthia's ear.

Do you have any protections against sorcery Cynthia ?

When Lucifer and the detective aren't looking, I whisper into Cynthia's ear.

Do you have any protections against sorcery Cynthia ?
I just shrug and indicate my necklace and earrings. Simple Wiccan things, not even sure if they're actually magical. My return whisper. "Never came up before. I get in too much shit, dad will show up or more likely, send an Archon. Which might not help, a lot. Dad usually just tosses me a few counties away and the Archons, well, they fuck shit up in an area big enough to show up on the news the next day. I wouldn't recommend either."

Out loud, I just sigh deeply. "Listen, I've spent most of my time topside avoiding doing shit like this. Who in the Hells wants a demon saving their asses anyway I figured. I'm just going to go with the flow once we're wherever we need to be."

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster @Gands

I would want you at my side if there was trouble !

I am still hugging the half demoness

Just the same, try not to get blasted or shot. I know for the most part, I wont die.. now it might take a while for all the parts to squeeze back together... and it will be painful as.... heck ? I grin as I avoid saying hell.

And... we may want to ask... permission ? Before charging in, something about the Accords I think... My father is a signatory too !

I don't believe I've heard of him before Lucifer. But, sorcerers are usually bad news, especially if they can exist outside of the local magical rules and rule keepers.
"About that by the way. If we go in this way? There will be consequences. By the laws of the Accords, we'd be entering their territory, attacking their people if it comes to it and they'll be nothing our respective patrons can do. For the Church where I'm concerned, its our deal. They basically kill me, if they can catch me. For you two? Depending how much your fathers look out for you, is the question. A demon lord may stick his neck out, though it'd cost him favors which he may think not worth the risk. Not sure where Hades fits in on there, but we'll see."

He shrugged and added dryly.

"Just don't expect your patrons to bail you out if it comes to it, those kind of favors slung around prove to be costly enough that they don't bother. Just look at the White Council of Wizards for example."

And... we may want to ask... permission ? Before charging in, something about the Accords I think... My father is a signatory too !

"That would be a more smarter way then barging in guns blazing, yes. As a representative, you'd get an audience for sure."

"That would be a more smarter way then barging in guns blazing, yes. As a representative, you'd get an audience for sure."
I am really out of my depth here, and my nervousness turns into shyness as I cast my eyes on the floor, just taking this all in. I'm a secretary and a whore apparently, not suited for diplomatic shit. I suppose I could learn to be more diplomatic, be one of those casanova types where I slowly woo people to get my emotional fix. But I'm far too impatient and I just hate bullshit and posturing, so I went the quick and dirty route my whole life. I'd rather swipe left or swipe right than set up an elaborate date and tell my partner how enchanting they are.

I can't even bring myself to say anything. I've had a few too many whacks to my ego today to speak up. The strongest of which I just dealt to myself when I realized I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here at the moment. I'm just a party girl trying to be something I'm not.

I'm not a hero. I'm, really, at the core, a selfish little bitch who doesn't plan too far ahead.

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Gands

I sigh and hug Cynthia tighter. I can feel her tense up. I give her a soft kiss on the nose.

I can do the talking, yes we should inquire and look for signs to tell us where his fiefdom starts. With Chinese, from what little I know of them, they will stick by the letter of the law.

Lastly, we know what was being done was being interfered with, so there are likely other players involved.

I whisper to Cynthia... Just make sure you have my back, okay? We don't need to do anything violent unless they break the accords by attacking us. Which is very unlikely.

I can do the talking, yes we should inquire and look for signs to tell us where his fiefdom starts. With Chinese, from what little I know of them, they will stick by the letter of the law.
"I know the Accords. There is no spirit. It is just the letter. No room for interpretation."

Just make sure you have my back, okay? We don't need to do anything violent unless they break the accords by attacking us. Which is very unlikely.
I nod and say out loud. "I'm fine with appearing to be either bodyguard or... arm decoration, as Lucifer looks more the bodyguard type."

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Gands

Status
Not open for further replies.