The Monsters Inside Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he said her name almost sent shivers down her spine. The way he regarded her, the way he smiled after he uttered her name. It gave her flashbacks, one or two times she had heard her name uttered -- while they had pushed her face into a pillow. The difference was pretty much just that; the fact he was looking her in the eyes.

Evelyn's glare intensified, trying to burn holes through him with her eyes. "The fuck is wrong with you?" She growled, watching as he seemed to relax. It was almost tempting to let her own guard down, to acknowledge his less offensive posture. But there was no way in hell. He had chased her here, had tried to kill her, at least. The way he looked at her now didn't change anything...

... Except, maybe she wouldn't pop his eyes with her thumbs. Maybe she'd just cut his John off and feed it back to him. It was half the punishment.

Samantha sat in the room, eyes wide with terror of what she would find outside, stalking, following her. There was always something after her. Something that wanted to hurt her. She was getting tired of it. Everything, always after her. She wanted that control. To chase others, and teach them what it meant to be hunted. Longed for the feeling of strapping them to their chair, to their tables, and poke them! Oh how she loved to poke and laugh at them! What it would be to teach them what the world was like through her eyes! To cut and experiment on them! Oh how glorious it would be! She laughed quietly to herself. That is why she came here. She wanted to make the men who experimented on her suffer, like she made her father suffer. A head for an eye!

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone yelling her name. Was it, no it couldn't be, Brother? She took stock of her surroundings. She had found herself in a janitor's closet of sorts. Old remains of cleaning materials scattered around the small room. She timidly grabbed the doorknob, and opened the door. She peeked her head out, looking for any sign of the foul beasts that were following her, but there was no sign of them. She slid out of the room and shut the door. She heard it again, her name. More clearly this time, and it still sounded like Brother. She walked towards the sound of the voice. He sounded afraid, worried. Brother always worried. A sudden chill went over her body, and she crossed her arms to feel the comforting embrace of heat. She walked for a small while, until she saw the voice she had heard. it was the man she had just met, York. He was bolting through the halls. She was sad that it wasn't Brother. "I-I-I'm here." She spoke out quietly, stumbling over her words. Still in fear of the walking corpses.

"I got some bad news... As much as those walking corpses are... Unsettling to say the least, we've got a bigger problem... Remember that Seth guy? Well, I think he's finally shown his true colors to say the least... Problem is, as easily as I could just shoot him... I'm not sure Sophie's too keen on me drawing my weapon... Even in that situation..." He seemed conflicted, turning back momentarily at the struggle still going on between Sophie and Seth... His mind was in a turmoil... "Who care's what that girl says, shoot him!" Screamed one half "I can't! That might just make it worse!" Screamed his other... He felt... Mad... No... Enraged at his current predicament... The rage began to take over... He tried to contain it... But he already felt his skin warp and change...

"I haven't heard a beutiful sound for years, your name is the first." Lonalyre replied as Evelyn asked *what was wrong with him* And strangely enough it was true, it sounded like music in his head, someone he could be with without having to kill them. He wanted more.

Her eyes blazing at him, she didn't seem to relax considerably, still ready to fight him with her life. It made him want her to fight him, turn that heat on him as he forced her down. And then take her as she burned him. The idea made him smile wider, which though the stain was moving away from his face made him look almost as sinister as before.

"Will you try to burn me Evelyn? You are so hot you are glowing." He flexed his hands at his sides, making the contamination swirl and writh along his hands and forearms as if it tried to launch out. The arms that had calmed down, stretching, spreading out behind him, ready to take her of the ground and keep her with him. He kept looking into her eyes, the man wasnt important anymore, Evelyn was all that mattered at the moment. And what he would do with her, and her struggle would only make it taste sweeter

*Taint her, stain her. Make her ours, and let her burn without end, make the sound into music.* He opened his mouth slightly, the stains spreading from inside. Tendrils of it moving unseen over his tongue, he would taste her burning mouth underneath him, leaving stains running from her face down her whole body. *How much of his stain could she burn?* He could merely contain himself, his whole body pulsating.

Last edited:
There were only a few moments she felt fear. The first was when she awaited her siblings birth. The second was when she was awaiting death and the third was...well now. For a while, Sara watched the small group with mild curiousity, her attention taken from its original place and moved to the events that took place with the girl now known as 'Evelyn'. It was only supposed to be for a moment that she watched them, just to avoid anyone noticing her, instead she had kept up due to the irritating nagging that began to form in the back of her mind. 'I would not call it fear as much as I would call it disgust...' Was her thoughts as she had watched the man who chased the woman with Pestilence.

However, this was not her fight.

Gently she turned, slipping into the nearest door so that she could listen but at the same time continue her search for information to why in hell any one had these strange abilities. Sara stood motionlessly for a moment as she observed the plain room, her thoughts lingering back for a moment before she headed over towards the desk, slumping into the chair that would have sat someone of importance. Well, she hoped. Reaching over she grasped some of the folders that littered the wooden desk, bringing them to her lap as she flipped them open. "I wonder~" She chimed softly as she flicked through the pages in search of anything that would catch her eye.

It did not take her long to discover that these files were basically useless to her. Everything they contained was brief and did not make sense to her, meaning that they were ultimately useless. "I guess I can find someone who can understand them." She added before pushing the folders into the bag that was placed at her side. She took no care in how she stuffed them into the bag, the only thought that took over her mind was the fact that this place was probably crawling with others like her.

Heading over towards the door she slipped her fingers around the handle, waiting a moment before she began to open the door. Carefully, she pulled it open, slipping out through the small gap she made before she worked on closing it. No way did she want to be noticed so she worked on closing the door without making any noise. Once closed she let her hand linger for a few more moments upon the handle as she grinned. She had so many choices on what to use for her current idea and it was already making the woman grin with glee. "This room has to be kept a secret." She murmured faintly before she felt the familiar feeling of the poison leaving her skin. "Aconite will do." The substance was placed upon the method of entrance in a matter of seconds, bringing a soft smile to her lips. Her plan completed she released the handle she went back to where she previously was, leaning against the wall to listen to the one named Evelyn and the other two.​

Evelyn's reaction to every vibe she was receiving from him was disgust and repulsion, and it showed in her own posture. She stepped back and sneered at the man. "Not that this isn't flattering," she retaliated, deciding to stand a bit straighter. This was apparently such a turn-on, she thought it may be best to stop fighting him like how she was -- it was apparent he didn't feel like killing her. No, he just wanted to do something that could be even worse. "But, I don't even know your gaddamned name, and I don't think I fucking care to."

At this point, she just wanted to leave. This was almost too much. There needed to be some sort of intervention before this guy simply exploded. Disgusting man-juices all over the fucking walls. All over her, and all over the man behind her who she had just cooked.

She didn't need this anymore. Evelyn had already determined that there was no valuable information here anyways. The only thing keeping her here was this man -- no, this thing.

Possibly the man behind her though...
He seemed to have a better handle on things. The thought occurred other then. All these thoughts distracted her slightly, and for the first time in quite a few moments, she broke eye contact with the Pestilence, her eyes flicking to the side, thinking of the one she had kissed. Oh yeah, she didn't know his name either, did she? Perhaps she hadn't been paying attention.

Evelyn took a step back, affected with what he had said, then she straighted and asked for his name.
Lonalyres face widened into a big smile, and he started to give his name, but Evelyn then broke their eye contact.

"You are talking with me Evelyn. SO LOOK AT ME!" His voice causing dust to fall from the ceiling. And the arms that had spread out behind him rushed forward towards her from all sides. Describing a circle from his back and around behind Evelyn, the mist-like apparations seemingly having no more structure than ink in water. But their power was evident on his trail, long gouges and slashes in the walls and ceilin.
Other arms shot forward from his abdomen, reaching directly for her.

*He would have her scream his name as he stained her in his contamination* Lonalyres smile had been traded for a sick snarl, his eyes tracked on Evelyns every movement, and his coating swirled across his whole body, ready to withstand anything they threw at him while he made Evelyn his. His eyes gleamed.

Just like that, she was back to her assailant. Her eyes widened as she watched the appendages reach around her, get closer to her. Her skin flared, steamed. The evaporated sweat would have made her body taste like salt.

Whenever he touched her, whenever an arm grazed over her, she would singe him, a quiet hiss the result of the contact. Evelyn crouched down slightly, Putting her hands up in long-fingered fists. He was attacking her, grabbing for her, and yet he was still to far from her for her to do anything. So, she started to close the distance, stepping towards him now. Tan skin burned, and the edges of her clothes darkened from the heat, and the soles of her boots began to melt, almost sticking to the floor as she approached him. There were no weapons, just her hands.

"I...! I am looking at you, you--" she reached for him, her long, bony fingers grasping for his face. Her fiery hair nearly floated around her face, revealing at such a close proximity that there was something else to her features; the beginning of horns. "Fucking, rat bastard!!" Her nails dug into him, her index fingers at his temples, four other fingers clawing at his cheeks, trying to rip them off. All the while, her temperature left blisters and boils on him. There would be stains of her own.

Yorks transformation process was interrupted by the scream of another monster... And new-comer? He saw a shadowish demon-like thing surrounding a quite attractive girl really.... He saw... Himself in that demon somehow... It reminded him of what he was like... But he felt... Different somehow... Like his evil wasn't suppressed, but rather... Cherished... Then anger filled his body again "Who was HE to do that to someone else?! He's just like the others... Just like those people who had hurt him, just for their own amusement..." The thoughts going through his head didn't feel like his own anymore... But deep down, he knew they were... His skin became more rough, calloused, his eyes turned a dark, glowing shade of red... His skin began to morph into a rough... Red... Demon-like texture.... "KILL! HIM!" He thought... His rage almost fully in control... "Control... Keep... It... Under... Control!" He thought... It was pointless, the monster inside him was out... And until it finished what it had started... He was powerless to stop it...

Horns sprouted from his head and he grew 2 times his original size... A tail sprouted from his now... Demonic figure... He felt a little deja-vu when he opened his mouth, and let out an ear splitting roar... It echoed through the halls, causing the entire building to tremble slightly... He lumbered towards Lonalyre at a surprisingly quick rate... He let out another deafening roar, his mouth stayed open this time as it spewed out what seemed like hellfire at Lonalyre's whisp like form...

Sam watched as something flew past. A woman, and something else, and then she watched York. She watched as he fought the rage inside of him. She watched as he grew horns and a tail, and slowly became a terrifying beast straight from her dreams. Too terrified to even scream, all she could do was run. She ran away from him, as fast as she could. Faster and faster, never looking back. She bolted down long corridors and around tight corners, deeper and deeper into the labyrinth. Any where she could go to get away from the horrifying beast. She had only ever seen things like this in her dreams, and the most terrifying of her hallucinations, but this felt much more, real. Somehow, she could distinguish this from her hallucinations. She slowed down, out of breath, tired. She looked around her. She was even more lost than before.

Alan watched in horror as, not only as the creature he had been calling Pestilence engulf the woman he had just earlier saved, but a massive DEMON came sprinting at it. Naturally, he did what any sane creature of his stature would do.

He bolted.

Dashing through hall after hall like a tiger through the forest for fear of it's life, he never even dared to look back. He stumbled, tripped, flew a few feet forward and landed near a girl who looked as terrified as he did.

'Damn...'

Purple tinted orbs stared at the ceiling with slight annoyance as she kept an eye on the whole event. 'Creepy...disgusting...Ergh.' Her skin shuddered as she bit her lip harshly before shaking her head. There was one idea she had but it repulsed her as much as that unknown male who was hunting the one named Evelyn. Shifting her gaze back over to the three she narrowed them before sighing with exhaustion. 'I really want to sleep...' was the only thing keeping her from going ahead with the idea that formulated within her twisted mind. The fact was that the battle between the two needed to be ended and she was not really wanting to be the one to stop it.

However, it seemed that she didn't need to interfere as a large....demonic looking creature did it for her. 'Sometimes I have to appreciate my luck'. Watching as the creature approached she clenched her jaw before she slipped out from the place she was previously hiding in, hurrying over to the female. The creature would have to deal with the guy she currently harbored feelings of distaste for. "You okay?" She asked, glancing over towards the other two before she felt that rise of power reach her skin, preparing her in case she was forced to retaliate in any way. "We might want to run..." She added, staring at the disgusting creep and the large beast. "And possibly hide till the beast over there hopefully beats the living crap out of that guy..."

His arms closed around them, and then went for Evelyn. And they were burned! When they tried to grab her they had to flinch back as their fingers were scorched, their tips evaporated. Then she started to move towards him, reaching towards him with her fingers.

"I am watching you!" Her hair seemed to float around her, revailing tiny horns. *His feisty fire demoness* Lonalyre couldn't help but smile even though she singed his arms, she was so beutiful.

Then her hands closed on his face and suddenly there were points of agonizing heat at his temples and streaks across his chins. The contamination rushed to stop the burn, and he lunged out with his real arms as well as those reaching from his torso.
Lonalyre grabbed Evelyns arms and forced them apart, grabbed her whole body and lifted her up. He put his real hands on her face, brought her close and kissed her deeply, his tongue finding hers and staining it, the same as he was doing wherever he touched her.

He was only starting to enjoy it as he heard a roar and something like a demon came running towards him, flames spewing forth from its mouth. *noice, Noice, NOICE!* He let go of Evelyn and put her down softly on the floor.

"Wait here Evelyn, I'll be back soon." Lonalyre said softly, a faint smile on his face. A face that turned once he turned toward the demon. His contamination covered every inch of him, a layer of dark oil a centimeter thick, writhing with a will of its own, arms sprouting and reaching from all over him, the only things clearly visible his gleaming eyes.

"Bring your puny fire!" He screamed, the sound vibrating from his whole body. Lonalyre didn't look human anymore, a writhing and slithering black mass almost filling the hallway met the demons hellfire, black tendril-like arms lunging through the fire and onto the demon itself, black smoke making it hard to see anything as the stains boiled.

Evelyn fought him at every turn, even biting him when he slipped his tongue into her mouth. Her throat closed up when she receiveD the contamination though, gagging and coughing. She didn't pay attention to how she was put down, how gently he handled her then. She tried to spit it out, her spit drenched in the black oil. It wouldn't come out, and she burned. Thoughts turned fuzzy from her own temperature.

Wait here, Evelyn. Why was he so soft when she was choking? How could he be so, so... Fucked up. Her body burned the pestilence as best as it could. She started to black out, but only for a moment. She stood up, stumbled slightly before looking to Sera(?). "Running May be good," she wheezed. Her cheeks were fuming black smoke from where the stains burned, along with wherever else she had been touched.

The woman made a small 'tch' sound before taking her gaze away from that...vulgar man. She wouldn't admit it, but this was the worst feeling she had experienced in years. A growing disgust, anger and distaste at the mans actions and words. She shook her head momentarily before she nodded, having received the answer she needed. Withdrawing the harmful substances that were once poised and ready to be released and kill she grit her teeth before grabbing onto the woman's arm, having taken note to her weakness most likely due to the pestilence, pulling her along as she sudden bolted around the corner and away from the two.

A couple minutes later she had gotten them a small distance away, her breath becoming labored as she hissed. "Disgusting man..." She murmured faintly before turning her gaze over towards Evelyn, a brow raised as she leaned against the wall. "Why in hell was that man following you like some obsessed stalker?" She asked curiously, trying to discover the reason the events she observed occurred. "And burning? I have to say that is pretty useful." She added, tilting her head as she scratched her cheek.

"You're telling me?" Evelyn asked, sarcastically."And I... Stumbled across him in the woods a ways from here. I think he had been sleeping..." She stopped and sat on the floor, her own breathing labored. She had forgotten about the burning in her legs, but she was reminded now. She was so tired of running. She had run the entire way to the lab, had run through the halls, and then she had run to where she was now.

DIE!!! He had screamed at her...

"Fuck, I am so tired," she murmured, closing her eyes for a moment. Her high temperature was beginning to take its toll on her, on her mind, her body. She continued to steam, the black smoke rising from the stains. She had to finish burning them off, but... Just for a moment. She huffed and laid onto her side, pulling her knees up to her chest. Just for a moment.

His skin was like a barrier... Halting the spread of the strange substance that covered him..... He no longer cared if he lived or died... His vision turned red as rage began to fuel his every move... His mouth opened again, this time to speak.. "We're not so different... You and I... Born out of hate... Fueled by it... Consumed by it.." His eyes seemed to be burning now... "The only difference is..." His body began to grow.. Doubling in size... "I don't usually let it get the best of me!" Shaking off the dark mass that was on him... He opened his mouth again, spewing forth another torrent of flames... He swiftly dove in and out of the flames to burn off the dark oil-like substance.. The flames lit his flame-resistant outer layer of his skin on fire.. Slowly but surely burning it...

Sara raised a brow at her before sighing, taking a seat upon the floor as she watched the woman carefully. "So...you woke him up and he chased you?" She paused, her expression that of disbelief as she groaned, a small frown upon her lips as she seemed to sulk almost at her situation. "I knew there was others here but not some one like him." She hissed, folding her arms over her torso as she turned to look over at the direction they both came from. Silence remained with her as she stared, only turning back to her when her mind began to change focus. "You okay?" She asked, tilting her head so shoulder length hair spread around her as she hummed. Sara could understand why Evelyn was so tired.

The silence set in between the two as she bit her lip, thoughts consuming her full attention as she chewed the skin with narrowed eyes. There was a possibility that one of those two would win and come after Evelyn. "You...are exhausted..."Reaching up she rubbed at her temples before looking at her hands critically. "I've only used it twice..." She whispered, referring to her ability as she turned back to her. "So I can probably deal with them if one wins the fight." With that she yawned, shaking her head to wake herself up. "Just rest till you can move again." With that she leaned back agaisnt the wall, closing her eyes as she felt her head lull to one side. "Oh, I'm Sara by the way."

Sam watched a man come running by fast, and watch as he face planted into the hard ground. It was obvious to her that he was also trying to get away from the terrifying beast. Out of instinct she reached down and helped the man up. "Hey, you alright? We gotta get out of here!" She tried to keep quiet. The beast seemed to have its attention diverted, and she didn't want to draw it. "Common, before that thing finishes killing them and comes after us!" She took his hand and gently pulled him along. She needed to get somewhere safe, and maybe this man could help protect her.

Nath had been locked up in a chamber for so long, blood stains everywhere in his cage from being fed, and from those entering at the wrong time. Rest was difficult, as it seemed whoever was meant to control him had long left in one way or another. His body ached for blood; he was starving. He looked up with glowing green eyes as he heard muffled conflict some distance away. Like a zoo carnivore locked up in a cage for too long without food, he paced his cage. Strangely colored saliva flowed from his mouth in anticipation of food, anything to eat besides himself. A part of him was hesitant, if someone came to his rescue, he didn't want to kill them in return. Blood...it could still be sensed somewhere outside his chamber. He could last a little longer, he lasted this long.

'I. Have. A. Headache' thought Zack, as he tromped through the forest. The place he had left just a few weeks earlier loomed ahead in the dim forest light. Things had happened at that place, what exactly was still hazy. He remembered getting on the van from the other place gray-something, then he remembered waking on a cold table, looking into bright lights, feeling Velcro straps cut into his wrists and ankles, then darkness again. When he came to he was strapped upright in a chair facing a T.V. His eyes hurt like HELL, and his vision was veiled by sunglasses. What he had seen on the screen thrilled him to his core.
He had seen himself killing, that alone was enough to excite him, but how he was killing, now that was something special. Video after video of him killing by just looking at people. Then the video to explain the necessity of sunglasses ,to avoid killing everyone he encounters, after that nothing. Awaking the next time reviled an open door. Which Zack took as an invitation to leave. Not to flee like a rabbit, but instead to try his gift out in the real world. Now he was back for answers and to tell them thank you.
As he approached the building he heard a ruckus. Not wanting to bother with people he simply walked around to the back, using the same door he left through. Up several fights of stairs, the commotion got louder seemingly coming from somewhere ahead. Unconcerned Zack turned down a different corridor and right into a pocket of blood scented air.
The sharp metallic scent swirled around him bringing with it a undertone of rotten meat. Then came a rattling noise which was reminiscent of the one zoo trip he took as a kid, of a lion pacing back and forth waiting to be feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.