The Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all still waiting for Hedya, right?
And you. Especially you.

I think Hedya has some irl stuff demanding her attention. At least she warned me a couple months back this might happen. I'll puppet her characters where needed until she gets here.

Okay then I'll make a Character sheet, so i can join. Any tips before i dive in?

*Uncough*

So apparenly Iwaku decided I no longer wanted to know when people posted. Does that happen often?

Everything you need should be in the op and you can use accepted sheets for reference on what is acceptable when balancing your powers.
One more thing!
We're in Victorian Era Tech level.
(Come to think of it, didn't you say you're going to put that up in the OP?)

One more thing!
We're in Victorian Era Tech level.
(Come to think of it, didn't you say you're going to put that up in the OP?)
Been there all along. Victorian is mostly architecture and common dress-code.

The technology advancement is very similar to our own steam-era. However instead of steam; the Hub uses magitech. The (often liquid) magic that runs through machines is commonly referred to as mana. Rule of thumb is; if it doesn't run on a steam engine, it prolly won't run on mana either. Mana-powered machinery is often heavy and rarely makes an indirect connection with other machinery. Exceptions exist, but will be specifically mentioned in the IC and/or OOC.

Been there all along. Victorian is mostly architecture and common dress-code.
Well, Victorian Era Tech would also refer to large amounts of carriages, simple steam engines, muskets, and sabers. It was also when science really got going and we started classifying everything like madmen. HISTORY MOTHERFUCKER! XD

Name: Hitome Nullveil
Appearance:
dress-long_00341051.png
Bio:
Hitome is a creative yet melancholic girl who doesnt dwell much on anything, she seems out of place from the regular people and looks conflicted with herself even when she was little. Her parents, ever since she was young had tried to give her all kinds of help from professional doctors to even mystical ones, but most of the times they didnt work, so they accepted their daughter's behaviors after so many attempts to help her and gave up on her. She grew up being a loner, someone who didnt like being in large groups of people but she was always comfortable within the smaller groups of people.

Her creativity wasnt much that people noticed, because she often kept to herself but her art was quite nice and beautiful to look at if she ever did display her art. In these years this was when she had discovered her abilities... She discovered that she was born with mana, she tested these abilities out catiously of course but that was when her spirit; Kylar or aka, The Night Angel awoken as well. Her Spirit had taught her the basics to her power, and experimented with her abilities under the guidance of her spirit.

When she was almost a young adult now, around 16 years old she had left her home after

Branch: She is mostly too young to understand much of this...

Holder: Bishop

Spirit:
The Night Angel is her official name, but if she wished to be called something it would be Kylar. Yes, it is a masculine name but for an odd reason she chooses it. Relatively Kylar and Hitome dont speak to each other often but when they do their personality clash, in a furious battle; from what is necessary to merciless killing. It is true that they do have conflicting morals but they get over it somehow but it isnt easy at time. Kylar nagging at her to do something she didn't want to do, or 'letting it go' and rampaging across the battlefield. Those were all the things Kylar did to her was tempting her to try and try. But she had enough of that life, she had said to her but Kylar wouldnt had listened to her. All she wanted Hitome to do was to give into temptation, let herself go and go on a murderous rampage. But Hitome knew better than that, for better or for worse...

However, peace does somewhat exist between the two as they had shared many things between the two that they have sworn to keep secret. Its not much to worry about but if Hitome needed the comfort or what not she was there always to help her. They were in the best sense if someone could describe them would say that they were Best Frienimes; two people who loved and hated each other constantly. Although she might not want to say it but Kayle honestly likes Hitome for being one of the more stubborn people she had that resisted her and found it nice to have a companion who would give her a nice refreshing argument that might actually make her question herself... Not that she would of course.

Weapons/Spells: Weapons for Rooks, Spells for Bishops and a combination for Knights. Pawns can ignore this section.
  • [Flaw] Vector Concentration: All of Hitome's abilities require her to stand still if they are to even work at all. Such concentration is hard to grab during a battle as constant moving is require so positioning will be key for her. Disruption from allies may also disrupt her from using any of her abilities so its best to be careful around her when she is doing her work.
  • [Flaw] Vector Physics: All Vector Arrow require a surface of some sort of surface to travel upon. Flat surfaces are idea for Vector arrows but any will do but it will grant her 'Arrows' a debuff of [-2 agility]. Also when these arrows are in the 20 meter range then those arrows are also weakened by [ -2 strength -2 agility].

• Vector Arrow: Vector Arrow uses arrows that move rapidly towards the target. They can both cut and pierce the opponent acting somewhat as blades. Hitome can also manipulate these 'arrows' in various forms and fashions. They can move in any direction intended, making them extremely versatile, whether they be used for direct offensive or as a deterrent to confine an opponents movements. However these arrows have a limited range of 15 meters if wished to used at fully power. The range can extend to 20 meters but its effects are weakened, and aren't as effective as before. The amount of arrows that can appear at a single time are 5. Vector arrow has a stats determined by Hitome's Stats.
  • Vector Arrow Stats
    • Vector Arrow Agility is determined by [Spi x .6] + 1
    • If used as a Defensive move its Strength is determined by half of his SPIRIT stat plus one.
    • {Stats of Vector Arrow cannot surpass 10 of either category, of Agility or Strength; until approved}
    • Vector Hook [Activate]: This ability is a variation of Vector Arrow, combining with each other 'arrow', the Vector Arrow now may drag opponents back if impaled by the 'arrow'. Being impaled by it doesnt mean literally, it just needs to clutch onto the opponents shadow before dragging them back. Vector Hooks which snatch onto the opponents deal some damage but not a tremendous amount, just enough to make sure not to get hit by this ability too many times. The feeling of getting impaled is like having a fishing hook digging into your skin and dragging you. If used to cut an opponent its like a hook being running across your skin. Ability has a 8 CD [up to GM] but this ability is able to be used for 3 rounds before it goes into cooldown.​

• Vector Physics: Hitome's understanding of her Vector arrows has allowed her to enhance them giving them a self awareness and enchanting their stats with hers. These arrows are able to travel on surfaces of anykind, as long as their is something to travel on, the arrow will be able to move around and be able to attack. These arrows also may strike the opponents shadow to deal very light damage that might be like a small cut you might get from getting a small accidental cut from a cutting knife.
    • 'Arrows' has defensive awareness and can respond to intercept attacks that from all sides besides from above or below. Attacks from above takes time to react to, while below attacks cannot be intercepted. These 'arrows' has basically normal eye-sight, but can be distracted and countered with fog, smoke, invisibility or anything else that hinders visibility would work with distracting the arrows. If arrows are also in the 20 meter range area they cannot respond to attacks happening to Hitome.
  • Vector Bow: A strange thing, Hitomi carries around with her is a bow of somesort. From what it looks like would be a bow, but who saw a bow made out of metal? No one really, so it was confusing why Hitomi would be carrying around such a thing but never the less its a invaluable tool... This tool allows her to shoot off literally Vector Arrows... Get it Right? But anyway this bow is magical attuned to gather up the user's magical energy that would of been used for a spell and instead spends its on a projectile form of it; basically its a bow slinging off spell arrows.
    • Spells fired from this bow can only be fired every several seconds, averaged to be around 7 seconds after readying the arrow which already takes another 5 seconds. Meaning that it would take around 12 seconds and the time time aiming to fire off a spell arrow, however in exchange for time, the spell gains a more piercing effects unlike the normal effects of the spell that was made from it. Since Vector Arrow had a shadow piercing effect of it, it has added onto it. These arrows can tear though standard metal armor after several bolts tearing chunks off it if repeated damaged continued to a single spot.
    • Instead of using Str. or Agi. for firing the bow, it uses Spi. instead because the bow was mean for Bishops. Accuracy isnt much of a problem as this would seem to a Bishop casting a long range spell to them, but it is awkward at time because the projectile is small which requires time to get used too. Specific designed for them to be able to use it, meaning that it is possible for other Bishops to use this bow.
    • Vector bow isnt restricted to Vector Physics or to Vector Concentration. He can freely move around with his bow to extent that it wont distrupt the bow in holding the spell, and since the vector is traveling on the ground it wont matter... much.

• Vector Bow [Activated]: Hitome's Bow glows a dull purple before her metal bow begins to grow long in size, looking quite the same just a little longer. On its handle it has glowing runes which sends sparks of arcane energy every so often showing the some of the strain the bow has when it handling a spell. And every so often it sends out a pulsation of energy trying to release energy that is stored inside the bow. After [5] turns, the bow returns into its dormant form before its on [10 cd]
    • Vector Bow [Activated], has way superior piercing ability than its dormant form form, to point of being able to pierce through strong magical armor to a extent if multiple arrows are used. Weaker magical armors and magical defenses can be broken through after some shots from this bow. Only the strongest of normal armor can withstand arrows from this bow. Weaker and cheap armor will be easy penetrated by the arrows.
    • Due to the power of Vector Bow [Activated], Hitome is required to stay in place during the duration of the ability. Her ability to move is only restricted to everything else except for aiming. If she moves then the Activated ability will canceled and placed on a slightly reduced cooldown.

Skills:
  • Celerity Lv. 1 [10/17]
  • Jump Lv. 2 [6/17]
  • Binocular Lv. 3 [1/17]

Stats: What are your stats, how much POW, SPI and AGI have you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh Question how do we add Hider Tabs? >.<

((Also critizism and anything over-powered you guys think there is you guys can confront me on it, I had a very rough i idea that i fleshed out so it isnt too proper))

Uhhh Question how do we add Hider Tabs? >.<

((Also critizism and anything over-powered you guys think there is you guys can confront me on it, I had a very rough i idea that i fleshed out so it isnt too proper))
[spoiler]content[/spoiler]

I'll look at the sheet when it's finished ;p

Thank You ^.^
((When you posted i was nervous for some Reason not sure why I was, but It was random xD))

i think im done for the most part i just need to throw in my Bio and im finished so you can go over my cs i think

Kestrel has the most ominous of presences. I was thinking that for Halloween, I would make a haunted house, and it's just going to be an empty warehouse with Kestrel wandering around in the dark randomly.

Poor Kestrel, some hidden boogieman lost and alone in the dark....No wonder he's giddy. XD

Wait, I reel like I've asked this question before but... Kesrel's a guy?

i think im done for the most part i just need to throw in my Bio and im finished so you can go over my cs i think
I'll see if I can find the time today, but I won't be having a lot of laptop access over the coming days. If I don't get the review up today, I don't think I'll be able to do so until Wednesday.

Wait, I reel like I've asked this question before but... Kesrel's a guy?
Yeah, you can stop hitting on me now :P

Oh and @Alphakoka
Oh and please don't put OOC-chatter in the IC. Just make a separate post in here. We get to read an uninterrupted IC and you get to raise your post-count! Everybody scores! But do place the name of the mission you're on on top of the post so that I can track them down more easily.

Also c'mon. You and @chukklehed are basically making free posts now :/

Last edited:
Its okay Kestrel take your time, no need to rush :P As long as IRL life things are good then no worries! I can wait so I guess i'll watch the IC discussion then

Status
Not open for further replies.