The Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so... We don't have Germany. In fact we don't have any known countries. We do have countries inspired by existing ones *cough*Shima*cough* but we're not exactly a mirror-world. We could include a more medieval-ish setting cause we haven't used one yet, but know that in the Hub, there's gender equality and no such thing as arranged marriages. Bio in and of itself is on the short side... Though I'd be have double standards if I didn't accept it. Just give your home country an actual name ;p

Ability-wise... Delve for Secrets is flat-out denied, and it's active even moreso. Like Alpha mentioned, his character Mime can read minds, but can only go back up to 12 hours max, one mind at a time, and has to be in physical contact from a five seconds up to several minutes depending on the individual/situation. Powers like mind reading can easily become OP, and while I don't like cutting abilities because of stigma, I do need them balanced.

Other abilities seem fine. Stats and skills seem in order. So yeah... Fix the things that need fixing, and lemme know.

And to be sure you know Kestrel, YES, I used Gale Burst!!!

@Brovo @Lyzan Post is up. feel free to do whatever you like with our little straggler ;p

And to be sure you know Kestrel, YES, I used Gale Burst!!!
Not having any more misunderstandings about that anymore, will you? ;p

EDIT: Oh also, Valeric mentioned to me he's a bit sick, so that means he won't be posting for a a short while.

Last edited:
*flops about uselessly*
fish-on-dock.jpg

Ok, so... We don't have Germany. In fact we don't have any known countries. We do have countries inspired by existing ones *cough*Shima*cough* but we're not exactly a mirror-world. We could include a more medieval-ish setting cause we haven't used one yet, but know that in the Hub, there's gender equality and no such thing as arranged marriages. Bio in and of itself is on the short side... Though I'd be have double standards if I didn't accept it. Just give your home country an actual name ;p
Ability-wise... Delve for Secrets is flat-out denied, and it's active even moreso. Like Alpha mentioned, his character Mime can read minds, but can only go back up to 12 hours max, one mind at a time, and has to be in physical contact from a five seconds up to several minutes depending on the individual/situation. Powers like mind reading can easily become OP, and while I don't like cutting abilities because of stigma, I do need them balanced.
Other abilities seem fine. Stats and skills seem in order. So yeah... Fix the things that need fixing, and lemme know.
Alright. How about an ability that allows for major physical pain without permanent damage? And what would I need to make that balanced?

I was thinking along the lines of constant contact for the effect to maintain and any break in physical contact instantly stops the pain? With an active that lets it linger without content for a few minutes?

Last edited:
@Potatocat
That could work, although the active would need a pretty hefty cooldown depending on the duration (and we count in posts, not minutes ;p'

Alright. So lets say 2 post duration for 7 post cooldown? I'm not used to measuring spell effects in posts so I don't really know what would be appropriate.
That'd work. Though someone with very high SPI or POW might resist it.

Makes sense. Alright. I'll give her homeland a name and change Delve for Memories to the new power.
Aight, welcome aboard then. I don't think we have any drop-in missions right now, 'cause they're pretty far along, but a few should be finishing up soon enough.

Aight, welcome aboard then. I don't think we have any drop-in missions right now, 'cause they're pretty far along, but a few should be finishing up soon enough.
Alright. May I add another character?

Okey-Dokey. I already have one typed up and ready to go for when you feel I can handle it. ;P

I'll continue working on other things as I wait for missions to end.

Not having any more misunderstandings about that anymore, will you? ;p
I just had to make sure you didn't. :p

Personally, I didn't mind Eowyn and Quartz getting in each other's way. It would only ruffle Quartz for a bit and he would require a kiss apology from said human knight, the only type he would accept!

Last edited:
I just had to make sure you didn't. :p

Personally, I didn't mind Eowyn and Quartz getting in each other's way. It would only ruffle Quartz for a bit and he would require a kiss apology from said human knight, the only type he would accept!
Sleipnir is getting in people's way about every mission I think. His motivations are rather... Different.

Also. I've got a long weekend of travel ahead, so I'll probably not be here most of Friday to Tuesday. So if I seem to have vanished, that's why.

We're all still waiting for Hedya, right?

Is this still joinable, Im curious about this roleplay so i was wondering if i may come in!

Status
Not open for further replies.