The Legend of Heroes: Tales of the World OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucien you beautiful punmeister you

Lucien <3

I'mma gonna call the next post!

Good luck to everyone who needs it today! For those of you with quizzes and homeworks and broken lappies, I hope things get better! D: Because otherwise the alternative is me kicking you all until you're better :> It's a proven Barrett remedy!

Happy Birthday Ryver c:

• Love
Reactions: Fox of Hearts
What with Lucy's jokes, Sy gonna be like

ekT4r2r.gif

Hey guys, I got my souvenirs from my friends who went to That Trip EVERYONE Except Me Joined, and they're... Well. I got a jar of peanut brittle which I ate immediately, a teeny cactus I named Roman...

And a penis keychain (as long as my hand) tattooed with my name and lovingly called 'Biggus Dickus'.

So basically my friends wandered into a fertility shop, saw a bunch of weenie merchandise and thought "lol tis perfect for Kei" then called me up. Thx guys. They asked me which size I wanted (small, med or large) and thinking it was food or smth decent I answered "LARRRGEEE". Lesson learned.

Will post!

• Love
Reactions: Pachamac
Posting after Kei!

PS: =D Thanks a lot guys ... Wish I can give you some cake </3 I got a salted caramel one this year.

If they were real friends they would have gotten you a butt keychain :c But a big dick keychain's just as good ^w^)b

Sorry for using the other characters a bit in my post, but it helps to move things on instead of us all tripping over ourselves to have our characters do all their respective lines. I think if we can ensure that each player is able to write up their character's role in a scene that's major for them at least then things should be good, right? Like in my last post for example, Mrs Potts and Chip have only got a small role and a line a piece, so I think that should be okay for me to write that for them. But in their later, more important scenes, Tae and Rex will hopefully, if timing allows, have the opportunity to write their character's starring role in a scene.

Well, that is if Don hasn't fucked it all up already.

Anyway, on the flipside of that, with regards to my characters with small roles in a scene, please feel free to minorly control and move them along in the same way too. I trust you guys, and you have my permission (again, if Don hasn't already fucked it all up lololol). You could even say that you could... be my guest?

How could I forget to ask this:

GastonBench.gif

So is Thunderbird capable of doing this, or are the poor triplets' dreams shattered? Or will he improvise and pick up Estelle just to make her want to kill him more?

@Rapidfire, these are the important questions.

Lol @Warden, can Belle lift?
belle_lifting_bimbettes_by_luvfemuscle-d8aowe7.jpg

You bet she can.

Sounds good to me! Although I've gotta ask - what are we thinking here, pacing wise? We had a problem last round where things moved too fast, and last round looks like we might have moved too slow??? So what you thinking?

I think if we can ensure that each player is able to write up their character's role in a scene that's major for them at least then things should be good, right? Like in my last post for example, Mrs Potts and Chip have only got a small role and a line a piece, so I think that should be okay for me to write that for them. But in their later, more important scenes, Tae and Rex will hopefully, if timing allows, have the opportunity to write their character's starring role in a scene.
That's exactly what I was hoping for, thanks for including them in your post Pach ^^

I hope you all have a lovely day! I'm about to skedaddle off to school, boooooo

Sounds good to me! Although I've gotta ask - what are we thinking here, pacing wise? We had a problem last round where things moved too fast, and last round looks like we might have moved too slow??? So what you thinking?
Unfortunately there's no real solid answer other then to quote Quentin and mostly "go with the flow". I don't want us to be showcasing the play for absolutely ages otherwise this chapter will run really long, so not every scene needs to be shown in full, but I think we'd all like to see every major fun moment to hopefully be showable if and when possible. Not gonna lie, this will be exceptionally tough as a group to do without micromanaging things in full detail, but I also think doing it that way would be exceptionally boring for all and I'm confident with a bit of individual forethought and communication we'll be able to do things pretty well to keep things moving, as well as allow players to write their characters in their spotlight role. What people need to do is think about what time they're posting, who in general will be typically posting after them, and what kind of lead spotlight roles will be coming up soon in the play. It means knowing the story pretty well either through a rewatch or using the script that Ryver linked before.

For example, say the scene is coming up to an important Mrs. Potts scene, but Tae is likely to be about four posts behind others in reaching that scene. Everyone would end up pushing the scene forward inch by inch, allowing everyone to have something to write, until it reachs that moment for Tae. Or with Lumiere's "Be our Guest song", the same done for Buns and Kathi with Syed and Ari. Maybe some scenes have no particular character focused in that scene, which would mean anyone could progress it on a bit further for everyone (or we could gloss over those scenes a bit more), until we reach a scene where a character, and the player able to post for them, does.

The biggest problems will tend to appear when a player skips, especially at a time when their character might have a good spotlight moment coming. If an instance like this happens, it'd normally cause the rp to crash to a halt, except for the fact that I won't allow it and will thus if need be post for that character and move things on regardless. Advanced apologies to those players, but the show must go on, and hopefully if people know this they'll at least strive to meet those scenes and if neccessary structure any days they need to be absent to not coincide with those particular scenes. For instance, I know Tae would absolutely hate to miss the 'Tale as old as Time' song, and Rex to miss Babette's scene behind the curtain... but even then, if they had to skip on those particular scenes, I'm not sure if I could hold up the rp to wait for them. If we were to do that then this rp would stall and slow down incredibly. At the same time however, I trust you guys to also be aware of this and push to post for those scenes when they arrive because of how much you wanna write them *laughs* With Tae and Rex in particular, I trust you guys to already know this based on how dependable y'all are and how much you really really want to write these scenes.

Again, it sounds complicated and incredibly tricky because it is, but I think we'll be able to achieve it. And on top of that, the play will, as I'm sure everyone here has already figured out, not neccessarily go entirely to plan... What me and Kei have got cooked up should hopefully always give someone something to react to, and you'll see why very soon. We're devils that way. >8D There'll be things occuring both on stage AND back stage which means that all characters should have something to do. Last round didn't feel slow to me at all, because even if there wasn't much forward progression with the play on the main stage, there was in finding Don back stage and trying to wake him. There'll always be something to do. If a character's not in an active role on the stage, they can still interact with characters backstage.

Sorry for the complicated answer. Hopefully it clears up some problems for everyone?

Last edited:
I'm gonna afk for now. Shall write the post after I'm back (and once Kei is done).
Kei will be skipping posting today due to feeling unwell from allergies and to chronic headaches from shitty groupmates. You're free to post whenever Ryver, but if you're going afk for now then that means the IC is currently free for people to call and write a reply to until Ryver comes back to call again. I know Aki usually posts around this time if she's able, so if you wanna Aki, you're free to!

Have a fun day at school, Tae :>

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Warden and Taerinn
No that helps! I'll try my best then, and it gives me a better idea on what to aim for with my posts :)

Thanks for the clarification Pach!

I've been using that script as a guideline, yeah. I personally think it's the best way to make sure everyone is accounted for and keep things on track, and hopefully we can all aim to be considerate in regards to not missing our cues (so to speak) and helping out a bit if someone is forced to skip.

Guys I really, really, really want a nendoroid collection of all the members of the Pride

Someone make or buy me all the parts for it pls

NendoroidMamiTomoe.jpg

Dude I need one too lmfao

I've looked up this kinda stuff before though. All the nendoroid stuff seems to be pretty much limited release so if you find the perfect hair then LOL FAT CHANCE GETTING HOLD OF IT. Plus with some characters you will have to repaint no matter what. Sy for example.

Alternatively someone with a little sculpting skill should give it a go with making something which looks similar.

...Wait a minute NOPE NOPE NOPE

Alternatively someone with a little sculpting skill should give it a go with making something which looks similar.
8]

You know I'll pay you

8]

Loved the post @Rapidfire ! Hope you've been doing good, buddy. How's the case been going?

Status
Not open for further replies.