The Legend of Heroes II: Trials by the Light (closed signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup Fox. Guess that makes 3.

Question, Pacha. Are there certain drugs that are banned? Was thinking that my character would peddle love potions and other sketchy shit like that to make ends meet.

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
"Death is easy. Happiness though? Much harder."
Name: Allereun Usheim
Class: Alchemical Apothecary
Weapon
Allereun doesn't like getting caught with his pants down. Though he's physically strong, there's probably meatheads out there that can shrug off having a floor dropped on their heads, or something similarly stupid. To deal with those shenanigans, he always has a whole bunch of small bombs prepared in his bags, from smoke bombs to pepper bombs to flash bombs to super pretty fireworks.

Of course, maybe if he applied some more black powder, he'd be able to create an actual bomb…but that'd be a gory mess. Allereun prides himself in being someone who creates happiness. Other alchemists can be dunderheads, patting themselves on the back for creating grenades and silly destructive shit.

For all that talk of creating happiness, though, he still carries a sling and a short sword with him, and has used both more than once in the past.

Personality & Backstory
The son of a fireworks maker, Allereun was old enough to understand that when his mother left his father, she wasn't planning on coming back. It seemed to affect him less than it should have, but, regardless, not having a mother meant that someone else had to take care of his little sister, Carol. That someone was himself, and inbetween learning the firework-making trade with his father and doing guy things with the kids down the river, Allereun had to make sure his crybaby sister didn't do something stupid like drop her doll in a cauldron. It was tiring, at times, but he cultivated a sense of responsibility early on as a result.

Not that the sense of responsibility lasted once he became 13 years old and left his home to seek fortunes elsewhere. Explosions were cool when he was five, maybe six years old, but the mature Allereun that just hit puberty wanted something more. He wanted to understand the world through the lenses of cold, hard science, and, more than that, he wanted to make people happy.

So, his answer? Become an alchemist and invent a potion of happiness.

Allereun picked up basic knowledge from some guy whose name he doesn't remember anymore, and applied his own fireworks knowledge to it as well. The pursuit of knowledge made him a journeyman, and to make ends meet, the young traveller started selling fireworks, before moving onto the much more lucrative business of selling sketchy love potions to doting young maidens. Before he even had his first kiss, he was already comfortable with talking with all sorts of women, and Allereun's extroverted, boyish self simply became more and more pronounced. Isolation on the road taught him to talk to himself to stay sane (though everyone else must have thought he was a madman), while days living off pennies made him one of the most annoying hagglers in the market. Those were all good things, and he even learned to bluff his way out of a whole bunch of bad situations involving bad men…though that same proficiency in deception had also been applied to scam the unwashed masses into purchasing his wares.

His potions did work, honestly. He just omitted the fact that they were all still...experimental.

Most importantly, however, he learned that cooking and performing alchemical experiments weren't that different, and after a few years, became a rather accomplished cook, collecting recipes both for meals and for suspicious drugs. Doing things methodically became quite enjoyable, and setting his routines to song made those routines even more fun.

Sucks to be the person who has to listen to his songs though. Allereun can think up of beautiful words, but he can't articulate them worth shit.

Abilities
Allereun is an alchemist, and a pretty good one at that, if he's able to make up his own formulas without exploding his face. Though he lacks a proper atelier, he carries basic tools with him, as well as a large messenger bag full of base components. Veering away from the deadly poisons and life-saving medicines that people always assume those of his profession specialize in, the youth focuses more on…other things.

Sleeping powder, aphrodisiacs, pain killers, and everything else that covers the spectrum of 'not technically harming the human body but still having profound effects on it', that's what he puts effort towards. Outside of that, he's also rather good with the construction of fireworks, which is where he gets most of his anti-bandit measures when travelling alone, and, perhaps as a result of working closely with explosives, Allereun has nerves of steel in stressful situations. Unless he's in actual, physical pain. Then that really sucks.

Furthermore, though it pains him to admit it, he does have some modicum of magical ability: the ability to enhance the effectiveness of small items. Pepper becomes spicier, black powder becomes explodier, rocks become harder, that sort of stuff. It's often too hard to do it within combat, but what's amazing about Allereun's Enhancement is that it lasts. The quality of those items are permanently raised, and he can continue to improve them. The higher quality an item is, however, the harder it is to raise that quality with magic. Thus, regrettably, he can't make a spice of infinite spiciness.

And finally, though not nearly enough to face down some badass sword dancer or hit the asshole of a horsefly at 30 meters while blind and underwater, Allereun does reckon that he's fairly decent in handling a short sword and a sling.

Favourite JRPGS: Etrian Odyssey Untold, Bravely Default
Theme Song

Last edited:
Heyo~

And dang, that Harvest song sounds so pretty <3

The show in general just has a whole bunch of nice atmospheric songs.

Seeing how selling love potions without license is apparently illegal for some silly reason, I guess AJ and Al will get along swimmingly.

Erode my son welcome to the rp <3333 I absolutely love Allereun, he sounds like he'll make a fine addition to the rp! So long as he doesn't try to sell me his love juices. That sounds kinda gross. lolol

Just a reminder to bear in mind that as a H Rank Guilder he's gonna be super weak, so the potency and duration of whatever he comes up with is going to be extremely limited, if not subject to backfire hilariously with unfortunate consequences. Makes things more fun that way. :D Also you might want to limit his reportoire of potions to a smaller amount to begin with, if not only so that it forces you to have to think more creatively with what he has, but that it also gives him the opportunity to add new things as we progress through the rp. :D "Hey guys I made this wicked new potion that's going to totally help us out and-" "If it's anything like the last five times you said that, I really, really doubt it..." "No it will! I swear!"

Do you have a larger version of the character's art so I can make a castshot for him? :D

Erode my son welcome to the rp <3333 I absolutely love Allereun, he sounds like he'll make a fine addition to the rp! So long as he doesn't try to sell me his love juices. That sounds kinda gross. lolol

Just a reminder to bear in mind that as a H Rank Guilder he's gonna be super weak, so the potency and duration of whatever he comes up with is going to be extremely limited, if not subject to backfire hilariously with unfortunate consequences. Makes things more fun that way. :D Also you might want to limit his reportoire of potions to a smaller amount to begin with, if not only so that it forces you to have to think more creatively with what he has, but that it also gives him the opportunity to add new things as we progress through the rp. :D "Hey guys I made this wicked new potion that's going to totally help us out and-" "If it's anything like the last five times you said that, I really, really doubt it..." "No it will! I swear!"

Do you have a larger version of the character's art so I can make a castshot for him? :D
Hm...I'll set his repertoire to love potions only then. Cause, currently, he operates under the assumption that happiness is most associated with love (clearly because he doesn't understand the pain of unrequited love, or the hellish arguments couples can get into). He'll have more knowledge when it comes to fireworks, and thus, still has the whole flash/smoke/colorful bomb things going on. No pepper bombs tho.

And you can just copy the image address to get it. I used the bimg code to shrink the original picture down to a manageable size.

Should I post the CS in the OOC then?

• Love
Reactions: Pachamac
Herpaderp, I could do that lol

And yeah, feel free to repost his CS in the ooc too! Same with Fox!

Next chapter's tentatively set to begin next Monday-ish, so not much longer before we can get you rolling into the rp!

Herpaderp, I could do that lol

And yeah, feel free to repost his CS in the ooc too! Same with Fox!

Next chapter's tentatively set to begin next Monday-ish, so not much longer before we can get you rolling into the rp!
By the way, been meaning to ask: is there a post that has links to all da CSes in the OOC? Or are the CSes generally just in the first few pages (and NPCs like Josette and Trent don't get one)?

Personality and History:

Ridiculously polite to the point of it being somewhat annoying.

Extras:
  • Absolutely refuses to utter curse words.​
Hehehehehe, Rehna is gonna have fun with this poor boy. AND FOX! I was so happy when Pach told me that you were back!!! <3

*kidnaps you and keeps you in the RP forever*

And nice to meet you Erode! I have a feeling I'm gonna hate you until I learn how to spell Allereun's name without triple-checking XD. I am very interested at seeing what you do with Allereun (not Allergen, as my autocorrect just suggested) - alchies are fun. Like lots of fun. I think Rehna and him are gonna get along well. IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES. Mad scientist and mad alchemist teaming up for profit! I mean science!

But really, it's the glory.

Hehehehehe, Rehna is gonna have fun with this poor boy. AND FOX! I was so happy when Pach told me that you were back!!! <3

And nice to meet you Erode! I have a feeling I'm gonna hate you until I learn how to spell Allereun's name without triple-checking XD. I am very interested at seeing what you do with Allereun (not Allergen, as my autocorrect just suggested) - alchies are fun. Like lots of fun. I think Rehna and him are gonna get along well. IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES. Mad scientist and mad alchemist teaming up for profit! I mean science!

But really, it's the glory.
Yeah, alchemist + scientist combo is gonna be pretty scary. Especially when it comes to explosive shenanigans. Non-lethally nuke the enemy from half a world away in da endgame, huehuehue.

By the way, been meaning to ask: is there a post that has links to all da CSes in the OOC? Or are the CSes generally just in the first few pages (and NPCs like Josette and Trent don't get one)?

CSes are spread out amongst the first few pages, I was too lazy to consolidate them all. Also, Josette got one, but much later on when she was more fully revealed in the rp. I was gonna make one for Trent too but... laziness. 8D (Josette and Trent aren't NPCs, they're as much main characters as any of the others)

I will have mine later tonight.
I was swapped with lots of work, but I am here now!

Will do, Pach :D! *Salutes*

Dannyel said:

It's okay! AJ is too much of a nice guy to outright say no 8D. Adventures ahoy~

He'll be all ;A; in the inside though, depending on what Rehna has planned. And nice to see you again, Danni! I've missed RPing with you all <3. Will try to see how long I can stay, at the very least, summer won't end till mid August-ish.

CSes are spread out amongst the first few pages, I was too lazy to consolidate them all. Also, Josette got one, but much later on when she was more fully revealed in the rp. I was gonna make one for Trent too but... laziness. 8D (Josette and Trent aren't NPCs, they're as much main characters as any of the others)
Might be a good idea to link the CSes to the images you have of the cast in front page. Makes it easier to access CSes that pop up later and all.

And hue, Trent's a guy. In an anime RP, male characters don't need CSes anyways. All we need are waifus. :3

I have found the interest check for this roleplay finally. It took me a moment to remember how to find things like this. Thank goodness I did. Thank you @ERode and @Cephalogod for pointing me in the right direction so I could see about getting any kind of characters accepted. Thank you for telling me what I am not supposed to make, I am going to create another set of characters instead. If you ever do allow dragons to be allowed in the RP, I hope you don't mind me to be the first one as an example.

Appearance:
Name: Cerius Blazer
Class: Multi Bladed Swordsman
Weapon:

Dark Blazer
Dark Blazer: Dark Blazer is the black sword is usually with him for defense for first hand. He holds other swords in a case while carrying Dark Blazer at his hip. This certain sword was handed down through the Blazer family, and was meant to cut through almost anything, as it was enchanted with dark flames that burn like Hellfire. (it is the current sword in his picture)
Windbreaker
Windbreaker, is a yellow topaz and hardened quartz crystalline sword that was made along with it's other crystal sword brethren. This sword was specially handmade. It was crafted with the soul of a wind elemental.
Flame's Dawn
Flame's Dawn is the ruby, meteorite, and hardened quartz crystalline sword that was imbued with the soul of a fire elemental, similar to the Windbreaker.
Water's Edge
Water's Edge is the next sword, made with sapphire, amethyst, and meteorite and it was imbued with the soul of a water elemental. It's frame is a little different from the others and is mainly built for slashing. Though due to it's frame a certain hardness is meant to stay there, especially if used correctly. If used in correctly the sword may break quicker than the others.
Death's Carress
Death's Carress, is a brown and purple sword made from petrified bone and amethyst to make a similar sword feel to the reapers scythe. It's elemental was darkness and is meant for death.
Earthen Prowess
Earthen Prowess is a sword made with strong amounts of obsidian, meteoric steel and hardened quartz. It's elemental is earth and is quite hardened by battle.
The Five Swords
View attachment 110557

Personality & Backstory: Cerius was driven ever since he was a child to be a master at sword play. He saw knights and adventurers, he would here tales of adventure when he was only a child. It all sounded so real to him and the sounds of swords clashing always made him more and more excited for it. Though growing up as a child he was found to have bipolar disorder, where he would be calmed by looking at a sword one moment, and then wanting to get into a fight to the death the next. Every fight he had won, he never killed any one. He had come close, but never had he landed a killing blow. He always had this crazed sense of playing with his prey before throwing it into the grinder. That's how Cerius had used his sword play. When he was a child, the first time he had a knife. He found a rat to kill, and wanted to take it home later to cook. He was torturous with it almost in a sense. but he never dealt anything more than a killing blow. So he took this personality of his and put it into actual fights, taking his father's blades from atop shelves and taking them to fight against adventurers. He had gotten in trouble hundreds if not maybe thousands of times. He was lucky that his parents were wealthy. So after Cerius had made it to 18, he was sent on his way with a suitcase of swords, one sword on his hip, and food and money, that way he could train in how to use the five blades he given by his father's forge master. Over time he not only learned a few lessons of how to fight with his swords, but some about himself. He learned he cannot love romantically very easily, and learned that he has no true feelings sometimes, but only the ones that he had to learn over time to fit in with society, or at least so he believes.
Abilities: Immense reflexes, brute strength and speed. Elemental control, but only through his six swords. Very good swords manship with one blade, is a moderate swordsman with all six at once.
Favourite JRPGS?: Final Fantasy
Theme Song: Three Days Grace, I Am Machine :

Appearance:
Name: Ophius Abramelin
Class: Alchemist/Monk
Weapon: Clawed Gauntlets
Personality & Backstory: Ophius had grown up as a child in a basic family, getting basic needs, basic clothes, and the basic everyday lifestyle. That however did not fit Mr Abramelin as he grew into the life of Alchemy and delved into it. He wanted a life of freedom, and for some reason he felt the path he was taking by becoming an Alchemist would do that. He left his old life without a trace at about 21 years of age and delved into alchemy. His very first creation, or lucky accident, was his snake Orius, and she had become something else altogether. Orius could be able to speak in different languages and was stronger than a usual snake. It changed how he felt about life, and about how he felt life could be created for sure. But it was a start into Alchemy. Sooner or later he started using Alchemy on his own body, giving himself snake like properties. He became a monk later on that way he could walk his life alone, even if it was only with it was with his snake. After a while he found himself becoming lonesome of his life and went to find something new, something even out of the ordinary.
Abilities: Snake like properties, Immense speed, Higher strength than a normal human, Alchemist. His snake speaks over 10 languages, and can move at a blur to the untrained eye.
Favourite JRPGS?: Final Fantasy
Theme Song: Three Days Grace, Human Race :

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: IceChateau777
You seemed to have missed the memo that our characters are supposed to only be somewhat better than a normal human being. So yeah, your characters are most definitely too strong to start.

You seemed to have missed the memo that our characters are supposed to only be somewhat better than a normal human being. So yeah, your characters are most definitely too strong to start.
I will be a Valkyrie!

Just kidding, but @Lord of Dragons , that is way too many swords to start. Also, I think we need more girls... but that's just me.

I congratulate you for making characters, but @Pachamac wanted newbies to have only one character. Choose one of your two, or submit someone weaker.

H is the weakest rank.
I also feel that H is too misleading for what you submitted. Perhaps you should run stuff by the GM first.
I wish you luck in your writing endeavors.

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately niether of these characters are acceptable I'm afraid. One of the most glaring reasons is because of their power levels which are way, way, way, way, waaaaaay too much, but there are other issues as well.

Cerius:
  • Characters having multiple proficiency in all types of elements as well as swords like this is a major no-no. I mean, I'll freely admit that I did that with my main character Estelle back in Part 1, however I added numerous caveats to it - such as it remaining a normal blade until she inserted an elemental Magisphere that would grant it the elemental properties of that sphere for a couple of minutes. Even then this was rarely used because of how expensive magispheres were and she very quickly had her sword destroyed to be replaced by one that was able to only exclusively ignite on fire. It's all about balance and restraint. Characters are meant to begin as extraordinarily weak.
  • No killing, whatsoever. Guilders are supposed to present a heroic ideal of individuals helping the common person. On top of this I just want to strive having the rp's tone be one that's more lighthearted and idealised then one where characters go around freely killing people. It's boring.

Ophius:
  • With Erode's acceptance we already have an Alchemist class. I don't want an overlap.
  • Whilst a snake companion is kind of interesting, I don't want any character to be having one. The whole character's personality and backstory in general just feels rather weak and uninspiring too. They don't fill me with any excitement at all. :/
I'd recommend doing some more research and reading throughout this thread and that of the ooc as well as some parts of the IC to get a feel for what this rp is looking for. It's really not like the typical fantasy rps you'll find throughout the site.

@IceChateau777, whilst I appreciate your enthusiasm I'd like to remind you that you're not an accepted member of the rp. Seriously, excitement is always good but I'd appreciate it if you didn't speak as if you're a guaranteed member already or anything, thank you. o.o

I don't mind people supplying more than one character sheet, only that players be aware that whomever might be accepted I'll only be allowing one character for them at this moment in time.

Also there's actually more female characters then male at the moment. I don't particularly care what gender a person tries to apply with, but it'd be wrong to say that more girls are needed when... they're not?

Hello!

Just to support the statements mentioned above, H is the weakest rank in the Guild. Both of your characters are way above that skill level. Pach has mentioned before (a year ago or so I think) that the aim of people staring at the bottom was to give them an opportunity to flesh out their characters, to force the writers to think creatively when faced with a situation that's beyond their current skill level. I forgot the other points, but that sort of development won't be possible if you're formidable already from the start.

Second, um, the Guild is kind of a goody-two-shoes organization. Characters with criminal pasts, like my Lute, could be accepted on a case to case basis, but not actively sadistic/psychotic/dangerously aggressive ones. Anybody with the capacity to inflict societal upheaval or chaos will not be supported by the Guild; on the contrary, they will be hunted down. (Also we're not allowed to murder/torture animals esp. for fun/entertainment purposes; I wrote Lute drawing blood on a coliseum fight against a wolf and Pach requested I edit it because of the reasons he already stated up there. Monsters are fair game though!)

Woop woop I hope I don't sound aggressive, I'm just trying to help c:

Last edited:
I seem to have noticed that when I posted the character, that i messed up on them, so I began editing them, I do apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.