The Lavaeudeen Academy of Magic

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How would you guys feel about having the Tri-Wizard Tournament hosted at Lavaeudeen this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I was looking to join, here's my skeleton. If I get accepted I'd like to make another character later, if that's okay?

tumblr_nfql0fZBN81u3rdd0o1_250.png

Name:
Briodie (pronounced Bride - y) Romani
Also Known As:
-
Titles:
-
Birthday:
2 September
Nationality:
American
Species:
Human
Blood Status:
Half-blood
Blood Type:
B
Astrological Sign:
Virgo
Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual
Past/Bio:
Briodie was raised in Miami by a witch mother and a Muggle father. Briodie's mother, Marie, had been able to hide her magical abilities from her husband, Henry, until Briodie was ten. She had told Briodie what she was but had sworn her daughter to secrecy. Knowing Briodie would soon have to leave for school, Marie told Henry the truth.

Henry was not angry at the truth of his wife and daughter, but rather that Marie had lied to him for a good twelve years. He told Briodie he was leaving, and said he wasn't angry at her. He said he still loved her and he always would. He left the next day, and Briodie never saw him again.This then manifested into Briodie's fear of being alone.

Though Marie had severed her only necessary tie to the Muggle world, she wasn't going to leave it. She kept up her Muggle appearance for Briodie. Briodie had always been popular in school, throwing big birthday bashes every year, her parties growing more and more extravagant as she aged. However, when she was accepted to Lavaeudeen, she had to lie to her friends, which she didn't like doing. She told her friends she had been accepted to a boarding school in New York, but that she would still see them over the summer and the other breaks.

Though Briodie loves life at school, she always comes back every break to see her mother and friends.
About Him/Her
Briodie has dyslexia.
Personality:
Briodie is not overly intelligent and has dyslexia, but she makes up for this lack by working incredibly hard to improve her skills. She is fiercely loyal and incredibly driven and stubborn. Briodie can be very straight-to-the-point when asked for her opinions, which can sometimes upset people.

Despite her flaws Briodie is lovable and charismatic. Friends always seem to come to her; she never has to try to get people to like her. In her life she has met very few people who did not like her. Despite her overwhelming popularity, Briodie has always preferred to surround herself with her few closest friends, rather than always be followed by a clique of people. Briodie never judges other people and will always go out of her way to help others.

However, Briodie has clear opinions on what makes a decent person and if she detects one of these characteristics in another, she will become wary and try to decide whether they are nice or not, before she decides to befriend them.
- Dancing
- Acting
- Spending time with friends

Dislikes:
- Liars
- People who desert their family
- Bullies
- Fakers

Hobbies:
- All forms of theatre
-Art

Fears:
- Being alone
- Heights
- Water
- Spiders
- The dark

Strength:
- Is very perceptive
- Very empathetic
- Charismatic
- Talented in theatre
- Physically very beautiful

Weakness:
- Is dyslexic
- Impatient
-Can sometimes become violent when aggravated to that extent
- Cannot accept failure, even when winning is impossible
- Argumentative

Talents:
-Theatre
-Art

Appearance

Height:
5"6
Cup Size:
C
Skin Tone:
Albino white (never tans)
Eye Color:
Heterochromia; one emerald green eye (right) and one chocolate brown (left)
Hair Description:
- Color: Pure white

- Highlights: Lilac streaks
- Length: Falls to her waist
- Style: Thin and naturally straight
- Worn: Never wears her hair in one style two days in a row.
0db280abb5a7eb90b8b2b283560439b3.jpg

((So this is pretty close to my idea of Briodie, just put purple streaks in her hair, make it white, take the black facepaint off and give her one green eye and one brown eye. I know it's a lot to theorize, but the face is perfect))
Extra:
- Scars: One small blemish at the base of her throat from chicken pox, two parallel scars running down the entire length of the inside of her right arm, from falling out of a tree when she was nine.

- Piercings: Both ears, top and lobe, small stud in right nostril, black sleeper ring two centimeters from the left corner of her bottom lip.
- Tattoos: nil
- Facial Features: Very hollowed-out features, each bone defined and visible, but not so much she looks sick or anorexic. Nose is slightly crooked. Different coloured eyes, which are both large and wide. Eyebrows and eyelashes are naturally black, which makes people think her hair is bleached, which is not the case. Briodie's lips are very full and naturally rose pink.
- Scent: Cinnamon and chocolate
- Other:

Relationships
Father: Henry Romani

Mother: Marie Romani
Siblings: none
Relatives: Deceased grandparents, both parents are only children.
Family Line of Work: Henry was a lawyer, mother owns a hairdressing salon
Family Background: Both parents led simple lives: even when Marie lived in the wizarding community, she was understated. Marie attended school and was mediocre in every class. She did not bother to try and get a job in the wizarding world: instead, she retreated to the Muggle community, married Henry, had Briodie and worked and lived as a Muggle.

Henry was raised in Miami. His father had a desk job, and his mother worked in a bakery. Henry attended college for a few years, before he dropped out and picked up work as a painter. He met Marie, who then had Briodie two years later.
Best Friends:
Open

Friends:
Open
Love Interest:
Open
Enemies:
Open

Education

House: Bearglove
Best Core Class: Potions
Worst Core Class: Transfiguration
Elective: Care of Magical Creatures
Quidditch: {Yes or no? If yes, what position?}No
Extra-Curricular: Music

Magic

Wand:
- Length: 12 inches

- Flexibility: Supple
- Wood: Cedar
- Core: Phoenix feather

Pets: Siamese cat (Maeve)
Boggart: Herself, alone
Animagus: none
Patronus: cat

('Doc' Thomas Benton)

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Finished my second character sheet![/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Eileen O'Connell[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Also Known As: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Ella, Elle[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Titles:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]15[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Birthday: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]May 15th[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Nationality: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Irish[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Species: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Human[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Blood Status: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Blood Type: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Muggle-born[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Astrological Sign: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Taurus[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Female[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sexual Orientation: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Heterosexual[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Past/Bio:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Eileen was born in a small Kentucky town near the border, her muggle parents owned the local general store which made their own wares. For Eileen, It was both a blessing and a curse to be both the youngest and the only girl in the family. While it was true that she received (although they deny it) some preferential treatment from her parents, her brothers resented it, adding to an already tumultuous lifestyle.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]From when Eileen was born, strange things began to happen around her. Things as mundane as lost keys or strange noises only increased in intensity and frequency until finally, in a fit of rage, Eileen inadvertently partially turned a muggle boy into a bonobo monkey. Fortunately, the change eventually reverted and the boy retained no memory of the incident. She was quietly inducted into the wizarding world under the guise of an offer from a prestigious boarding school. Her parents of course accepted.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Even when Eileen was surrounded by wizarding folk, she had trouble fitting in with her headstrong personality and took her frustrations out on the Quidditch field. She then made a reputation for herself by being one of the most aggressive beaters for Bearglove (An impressive feat) and gradually integrated successfully, not without struggle however, into wizard society.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]About Him/Her[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Eileen is the very definition of stubborn. Even before her magical talents were known, she had the reputation that "when she's got an idea in that head of hers, ain't nothing gonna stop her." However behind all of her almost scar-like exterior, you can find a helpful soul who, when no one is watching, you can expect to do the right thing. Just don't expect any sugar coating to go along with it. Her favorite past-time is starting trouble, which she rarely has trouble doing.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Flying[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Loud Music[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Large Dogs[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Sports[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Starting Trouble[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]History[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Sitting in one place for too long[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Her brothers[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]cats[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Singing[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hobbies:[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Loves playing Quidditch (Not always following the rules however), making loud noises with her wand, playing the guitar. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fears: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Hurting someone emotionally (physically is fine however.) Not being able to find someone to back her up. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Strength: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Exceptional at casting defensive incantations, Adequate in flying and charms, Her determined and aggressive stance is reasonably successful in obtaining what she wants. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weakness: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Abysmal at anything that requires a scientific mind, including transfiguration and potion making. Her stubborn nature also makes it so either people hate or love her, mostly hate however.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Talents:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Playing Quidditch[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Riling people up[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Playing the drums[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Height: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]5'10[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Cup Size: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Skin Tone: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]White[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Eye Color: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Brown[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hair Description:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Color: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Scarlet[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Highlights: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Slightly darker at the tips[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Length: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]To the collarbone[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Style: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Whatever she woke up with[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Worn: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]None[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Extra:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Scars: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Multiple cuts and bruises from physical fighting[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Piercings: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Ear Piercings[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Tattoos: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]None[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Facial Features: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Slightly pudgy cheeks, pronounced nose.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Scent: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Slight smell of hops.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Other: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Has almost hawk-like eyes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Relationships[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Father: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Brian O'Connell, Shopkeeper. Very Close[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mother: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Nora O'Connell, Shopkeeper. "The only breath of fresh air in Eileen's life."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Siblings: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent](Only Wizard in family)[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Cedric O'Connell, Teague O'Connell, Aiden O'Connell, Sean O'Connell, Fergus O'Connell.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Relatives: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Uncle Eamon, Aunt Regina[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Family Line of Work: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Shopkeeping, Bartending. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Family Background: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Although they don't know it, The O'Connell family owes its slight magical qualities from one of the most controversial and infamous Irish witches of the 17th century. Sparking rebellions against English rule, Rosalind Hanline resorted to spreading lies, deceiving entire communities and even resorting to murdering her own countrymen to frame the English. She eventually faked her own death to escape punishment. After generations of producing only muggles, Eileen is the first person in which the wizard qualities resurfaced since the days of Rosalind. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Best Friends: TBA[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Friends: Carly Winters[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Xypher Bubbles[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Love Interest: TBA[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Enemies: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]All of my brothers, all five of them."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Carly Winters[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Education[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]House: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Bearglove[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Best Core Class: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Defense against the Dark Arts[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Worst Core Class: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]History of Magic[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Elective: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Muggle Studies[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Quidditch: {Yes or no? If yes, what position?} [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Yes. Beater[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Extra-Curricular:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Magical Arts[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Wand:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]- Length: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]14'[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Flexibility: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Unyielding[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Wood: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Ash[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Core: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Dragon Wing[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Pets: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]A tawny owl named Greiges[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Boggart: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]All of her brothers[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Animagus:[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]None[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Patronus: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Wolf[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Confident Cruz[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a star by your picture saying if you're under or over 18 :p

Also, if so, we got 2 beaters and 1 seeker from bearglove.

Reactions: LittleWolfie
@Soñar Gardián Ok I've got to issues with you second character sheet....actually kind of three but the last is more of a question!

(1)My first issue is to be a werewolf you need to get a werewolf to bite you. And you only had him getting clawed at, so that's just a small little fix! Unless you were implying he was bitten in the shoulder, in which case carry on!

(2)It's a little hard to believe that a small kid could learn how to make Wolfsbane. Or that his father(unless he has a mastery in potions) could teacher him. Wolfsbane is notoriously hard to make and it takes someone with their mastery in potions to pull it off. It's also pretty hard to et ahold of the ingredients for wolfsbane as it can get kind of pricey(or at least, that's how i remember it?). It might make more sense just to have his father lock him up in some kind of well fortified room or cage before every transformation and let him out when it's over. (or some other explanation if you can think of one!)

(3)Rogue Hunter. Ok so, this isn't a normal kind of wizarding job. Not a cannon one anyways. But this is America so maybe they do things a bit differently! I'm going to allow it if you can do a few things for me....

(A)Tell me more about the job! Don't just give me the bare minimum. Like:​
Is it a law enforcement position?​
If so why was it instated?​
Is it for the wizarding government?​
Is there a test to become an official one?​
Is it illegal free lance?​
Would they get in trouble if anyone found out they were doing this?​
What kind of skill set does a Rouge Hunter have?​
Do you get some kind of shiny badge if you become one?​
What kind of school education does someone need for this job(if it's not illegal that is)?​
Etc. Etc. Etc.​
(B)Keep in mind that he is 12, only a second year! Sure his dad could have trained him from the day he got him to be a "Rogue Hunter" BUT he's still just a kid. He can be a bit quicker(both from training and the Lycanthropy) and a more psychically inclined then other kids age, alone with maybe third and fourth years as well. But up against, say, a sixth year or above with average abilities, he's going to be given a run for his money. And a teacher worth anything? He'd be creamed. Since, well, he is still just a child. I'd rather avoid over-powered characters.​
(4)I lied there is four because something else accrued to me as I typed. How did his dad take a werewolf down with just one spell? I get that he was distracted... THEN AGAIN I know nothing of Rogue Hunters yet so it could be entirely possible! I'mm reserve my misgivings until i know more

@LittleWolfie I've been going through and checking and i can;t seem to find the over lap, if you could show me which character exactly i'd be happy to fix the issue!

^.^' Sorry guys.

@Nat Cassandra looks good to me, i can't find anything that seems out of place. I am wondering from which of the black children did her mother hail from? but that's unimportant in the grand scheme of things because they would most likely be dead at this point. and are really to far away to be very relevant. So it's good! She's accepted!

@Justaddnutts one of those who were not really known. Sort of those who came from the same family, but who took another turn, but still have the black name, but aren't counted within the black family anymore :p
If that made any sense xD

@Samantha Hi! I'm super happy yet another person joined buy I do have a small concern. Your CS feels a little thin, for lack of a better word. Would you be willing to go back and add some more to the Family Background and the Personality? Along with evening out the strengths and weakness?

ABOUT QUIDDITCH

Hey guys, I apologize if I make any mistakes and make multiples for any position.
If this happens let me know and I'll fix it up.
I'm sorry for any slip ups on my parts!

I would also like to inform every one that i'm giving out the positions based on order of acceptance not applications.
This is more to make it a bit easier on me to keep track then anything else.
I apologize again!

@Samantha Hi! I'm super happy yet another person joined buy I do have a small concern. Your CS feels a little thin, for lack of a better word. Would you be willing to go back and add some more to the Family Background and the Personality? Along with evening out the strengths and weakness?
I added some more to the family background, and Briodie now has five strengths and weaknesses.

@Kitsune

I've made a mistake, and i ned you to correct it. I'm sorry! I meant to inform everyone that electives are only available to third years and up! Sorry again.

Name:
Octavian J. Burke

Also Known As:
"Ian"

Titles:
The Burke Family Failure

Birthday:
January 1st

Nationality:
Scottish/Irish

Species:
Human

Blood Status:
Pure-Blood

Blood Type:
A-

Astrological Sign:
Capricorn

Sexual Orientation:
Pansexual

Past/Bio:
Octavian was born in the early morning, just after the clock struck four, several weeks sooner then intended. That morning was quiet and so was he. He was small, quiet, and unfashionably early. This alone might have been the first warning sign of the failure Octavian was destined to be. Octavian was born into the world calm and sleeping. Everyone was worried at first that something was wrong with the child, that he was dead or daft. No sound left him till was was struck lightly on the backside. His cry was loud; a good strong voice. His father had declared upon hearing he'd be much like his sisters who were word smiths in their own right. Octavian, however, he had promised with much pride in his voice, would not be as frivolous as his sisters were as he had not been burdened with womanhood. His father was, of course, wrong.

As he grew he began to show himself to be a bit of a push over much to his fathers chagrin and his sisters delight. He became their favorite toy and was bullied mercilessly. His Mother would put a stop to it when she could, but his father encouraged the behavior. His father believed that it would toughen is soft son up making him more of a man. He was sorely disappointed when Octavian simply let it happen, becoming a bit of a master at running and hiding from his two older sisters. About a month or two before his sixth birthday his mother stopped sticking up for him, however. Planing for a new baby made her to busy to deal with him. His Father was making moves to replace his disappointment.

Octavian was ecstatic about the new addition to the family, assuming that this new kid would shoulder his sisters wrath. As soon as Zillah learned to toddle, however, they began to teach her their bullying ways. No relief came his way. Even when his older sisters were off at Lavaeudeen there was now Zillah to harass him and occupy the time that his mother once spent teaching him what magical arts and talents she known.

First Year-
*TBA*

Second Year-
*TBA*

Third Year-
*TBA*

About Him/Her
Personality:

Octavian is a rather shy individual, who doesn't handle crowds well and seems to suffer from a form of social anxiety. He has an internalized sense of independence and hates the fact that he isn't able to exercise it due to that fact that the thought of doing things for himself (more directly, the talking to people required to do things for himself) terrifies him. He wishes he was brave enough to be able to fend for himself, because that's what he really wants above all else; To function normally in society. To exert is Independence.

As a friend Octavian is always there to lend a hand. He may not be the best in a fight but he's always ready to help a friend back to their feet with words of encouragement on his lips. He's very Sympathetic, Caring, and Helpful to his friends. And some times even for those who ask for help, stranger and enemy alike, that is, if he doesn't flee from them first first. His friends will be able to quickly see that he is a deep character, and always has something going on in his mind then he's brave enough to let on.

Octavian has an excellent sense of time, and as such, manages it all very well. He's very organized and likes what he works on to be neat a finished way before it needs to be done. He's actually very creative but there is nothing spontaneous about his creativity. It happens more on command, as he needs it, a talent he managed to develop to get a greater sense of control in his life. He always does things in the way of long term instead of short.

He may appear melancholy or stern at times, because he's trying to mask just how distressed being in the crowded school setting makes him. He keeps from completely flipping out most days by pure self-discipline and the self-imposed responsibility to not cause a scene. He never likes taking a chance without weighting the pros and cons first, some times coming across as overly cautious because of this.

-Jogging/running
-Tumbling (Gymnastics)
-Divinations (What his mothers taught him)
-Horse back ridding
-Playing the Violin
-Poetry/writing
-Scary stories
-Salads
-Putting together puzzles
-Stormy days
-Purple

Dislikes:
-Public speaking
- Being put on the spot
-Conflict
-People looking at him
-The color brown
-Meeting strangers
-Grapes and bananas
-Grape and banana flavoring
-Red meat
-Hot Weather
-Red, all red
-Gore(because of this some of the ghost put him off his appetite)

Hobbies:
-Playing his violin
-Writing short stories and poetry
-Gymnastics
-Cartomancy/Minor deviations
-Finding places to hide from people
-Horse back riding

Fears:
People and their noticing him, The public in general is his fears.

Strength:
He's great a Divinations, hiding, dodging, Transfigurations as well.

Weakness:
Social anxiety, Being looked at, DADA, His weak stomach.

Talents:
Octavian is actually a rather accomplished young man, the only thing stoping him from displaying his talents being his crippling anxiety and social phobias. He's unusually flexible, most likely from doing gymnastics at a rather young age. He never had a gymnastics class, but like watching the muggles do it and quickly began to teach himself. He's a seer, and as such his mother began to teach him divinations in a stricter manner then she did his sisters. He's quite goods at it.

Appearance
Height:

6'1

Skin Tone:
A tanned olive complexion

Eye Color:
A pale ivy green,
in the right light they've got what appears to be flecks of gold or yellow.

Hair Description:
- Color:
A light ginger bread brown

- Highlights:
Only what is natural

- Length:
It stops at his jaw line, but the back on his hair rests on the bottom of his neck in soft curls

- Style:
Lose curls that fall softly about his face

- Worn:
He doesn't do much to tame it, just runs a brush through it each morning

Extra:
- Scars:

A soft angry red scar tissue line around his throat
(It seems rather gruesome and tells a tale of accidental hanging. The scaring was left as a reminder to play carefully with baby brother Octavian...)

His arms are covered in lots of almost unnoticeable white scars, no bigger then the length of a bitten fingernail
(An unfortunate run in with a rather thorny plant.)

- Piercings:
*TBA*

- Tattoos:
*TBA*

- Facial Features:
A thin, short bridged nose that points up softly. There's a slightly misshapen bump to his nose where it's been broken by his sisters once before. One might even describe his nose as perky.

His lips are naturally set in a downward angle, and curves of his moth are sharply defined. His lower lip is just a bit fuller then his bottom and his mouth has clear reddish/brown tent to it. All in all his lips could be described as girly.

His eyes are naturally upturned, and quite wide. Giving him a mildly startled or bewildered look about him. His eyelashes are quite a bit longer then his older sisters, and they almost cress his cheeks when his eyes are closed.

His face shape is that of an oval, and none of the curse of his face are to sharp, excluding that of his jaw line. His jaw line might be the only really masculine thing about his looks.

- Scent:
Freshly cut grass and the smell of a storm brewing, masked heavily by spices and peppermint from toothpastes and deodorants

- Other:
Black full frame glasses in a square shape, and are a size larger then his face shape needs.
ALWAYS wears his scarf

Relationships
Father:

Baldwin Burke

Mother:
Yasmin Burke née Lennox

Siblings:
Felicia Burke (Sister 19), Tabitha Burke (Sister 24), Zillah Burke (Sister 7), Ramona Burke (Sister 2)

Relatives:
Omari Lennox (Uncle), Earlene Von Kritts née Burke (Aunt), Archibald Von Kritts (Uncle)

Family Line of Work:
The Lennox family is deeply ingrained into works concerning Arithmacy and Divinations. Octavian's Mother, in fact, is a talented Arithmancer employee'd by the American Magic's Branch of the government. Though she doesn't work with them nearly as she used too.

Octavian's father works high up in the Amarican Department of Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures(or the DRCMC for short).

He has an uncle, Omari, that works as an Unspeakable in the Department of Mysteries, but Octavian doesn't know much about him. Expically since he lives in England.

Earlene has no job other then to be the perfect house wife to the french government worker Archibald.

The Burke family seems pretty involved in the Magical governments of the world, but a shop Borgin and Burkes is part of the families line of work. It was run by both Burke and Borgin, and was since it's creation in 1863. When Caractacus Burke passed the shop was run exclusively by Borgin. Borgin passed on the shop went to his illegitimate child. The child, Janette Price, is planning on turning the shop back over to the Burke family line. The family is now faced with the decision of keeping the shop back in England, or selling it to someone outside of the family line.

Family Background:
The Burke family is a pureblood families who had weak ties to Voldemort in the last big wizard war, they didn't get very involved but were known to lean towards the service of the dark. They couldn't, however, be considered neutral as the family did now and again find themselves in the service of the dark lord. Octavian's mothers side of the family had much of of a Neutral look on things.

Once the war ended however those living in England tended to not be as accepting of those known to be in the service of the dark, this is when the Burke family packed themselves out and set out to America. They've managed to integrate themselves well into the American pure blood community and is highly looked upon thanks to the efforts of the last three Burke generations.

His older sisters, Felicia and Tabitha, were know to have many social connections and did quite well in a school environment. Once could even say the two had thrived in school. As Beargloves, they had both realized the importance of making connections and proving their worth even though they were only in school. They did well in classes and were relatively popular. This, of course, left an expectation of what the male heir of the Burke family would be like. Needless to say many were disappointed with the rather spineless Hawkridge.

His Family is made but of Beargloves and the occasional Foxcrest.

Best Friends:
*TBA*
Friends:
*TBA*
Love Interest:
*TBA*
Enemies:
*TBA*

(This is liable to change! If you want our characters to have any kind of relation before we start, go ahead and let me know!)

Education
House:

Hawkridge

Best Core Class:
Divinations

Worst Core Class:
DADA

Elective:
Divinations
Healing

Quidditch:
No.
He's to reserved to try out, but man does he Want to. Maybe with a push he would...
(is quick and agile on a broom, would make an amazing seeker.)

Extra-Curricular:
The Hogwarts Orchestra (Violin)

Magic
Wand:

- Length:
10 and Solid

("A long length for a large but...hidden personality, Mr. Burke. And solid, like your conviction not to change. A strong earthy wand in search of the future and healing has chosen you, Mr.Burke. I hope you can live up to it.")

- Wood:

~Apple~

("Apple is a rather feminine wood in nature. It tends to draw off the element of earth and water. This wood seeks a companion of passion and good nature. One seeking to cause harm to others should not be chosen by this wood, a testament to your character, Mr. Burke. It is used for healing, love spells and remedial magic, as the wood itself is used in many medicinal practices. This wood also seeks a wielder of divine conquests and fortune-telling. I imagine you will be excellent in Divination.")

- Core:
~Unicorn Hair~

("Unicorn hair....Did you know Mr. Burke that the Unicorn is a creature of mystery and beauty? Gentle yet powerful, ancient yet pure, a strand of its hair is a wise choice for one who wishes to cast healing and protection spells. Very nobel things, Mr. Burke. It has long been thought that unicorns protected the forest creatures, nurturing and overseeing plants, flowers, and trees. This core would make an excellent companion to woods that draw from the element of earth...")

Pets:
A Bengal cat by the name of Tammy.

Boggart:
It goes dark, and glowing eyes start opening in the dark. Their all looking at him, staring him down. Unflinching and unblinking as the eyes multiply watching him.

Animagus/Patronus:
ANIMAGUS: *TBA*
PATRONUS: Nightingale

(I like Doc.)

Last edited:
@Samantha I'd like a little more on your characters personality. But i'm not going to be a stickler about it. :) So i'll go ahead and accept her, but please consider developing her more before making another CS.

@Powerless_ @Nat @Soñar Gardián @Kitsune @IceQueen @sungwonc01 @LittleWolfie @Samantha

I'd like to start once we have at least 25 students a most of the quidditch spots filled. (if we can't get them all filled we will simply use faceless npc's to fill in those spots when the time for quidditch comes)

Seeing as this is not getting as much traffic as i hoped, and that you guys have been great so far(i can't wait to RP you seem like an awesome bunch), I'd like to change the rules a bit. Everyone can have up to three characters AND a teacher. You don't have to mind you, but the option is open to you if you want it! (plus it'll help fill those first spots quickly.)

@~Happily.Ever.After~ @That0nePasta

The same applies to you guys if you still plan on joining this RP

!¡!Importent!¡!
Even if we the 25 students before the 30th of this month we won't start until the 8th or 9th of December.
Yesterday I was informed I have to head out on a family vacation and will be gone from the 30th to the 7th.
So i would rather wait until I'm back instead of starting it, leaving, and then missing the beginning of the RP!

Last edited:
@Nat You'll have plenty of time if you decide you want too! :P Especially since i'm just up and leaving you guys in a week like the rude butt i am!

@Justaddnutts I will definitely join ... I just need to get more than an hor and a half on the computer XD

Status
Not open for further replies.