The Lavaeudeen Academy of Magic

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How would you guys feel about having the Tri-Wizard Tournament hosted at Lavaeudeen this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Character overhaul? I'm afraid I don't understand? As far as i'm aware none of your characters over lap with others on quidditch positions?​
As Nat said, I wanted beater but there's already 2 you've accepted as far as I can see so like she now has to do, I have to play overhaul.

As Nat said, I wanted beater but there's already 2 you've accepted as far as I can see so like she now has to do, I have to play overhaul.
Oh! Your talking about Hadley! Sorry it took my so long to understand i was combing through to figure out where i had gone wrong. I was ignoring works in progress so I wasn't even aware of Hadley. I'm sorry about that. I'm sorry about deciding how to accept quidditch positions so late that it made you have to change your character. This is my first time as a GM and this is kind of trial and error for me, i am sorry that i made such a big error.

I've changed Cassandra now so.
Next time, just settle that sort of things beforehand. That removes a lot of issues, and avoids stuff like annoying people. LittleWolfie and I have been working together on for example Hadley and Jacques, and therefor those two characters are being slower than others.

To be honest with you i didn't even think about it. I thought just add them as I accept them. That way it's kinda first come first serve type deal, since wip's posted are well, wip, and there for not yet accept. I know next time to mark how that's how things like that will work.

The multiple seekers however was just a flat out over site on my part.

Oh! Your talking about Hadley! Sorry it took my so long to understand i was combing through to figure out where i had gone wrong. I was ignoring works in progress so I wasn't even aware of Hadley. I'm sorry about that. I'm sorry about deciding how to accept quidditch positions so late that it made you have to change your character. This is my first time as a GM and this is kind of trial and error for me, i am sorry that i made such a big error.
Just gotta work out what to do with her now then so it might be a while

A tip for future would be to look at the WIPs and take them into account because often people can#t finish them all in one go for various reasons. Ssometimes it's to do with school and work and other times for reasons like me and Nat that they're havgn to coordinate with others. Just some advice from someone who's helped run a fair few rps :)

Reactions: Nat
If you want I can change Xypher (Bearglove) from a Beater to a Chaser, I dont mind

Hello all! I've been looking through here and I'm interested in joining, if it's not too late. I have most of a character bio written down for a third-year Foxcrest wizard, but I've left most of the relationships open. In particular I'm wondering if anyone wants to have them be related; I do like the idea of Danny having an older or younger sister. For that reason I've left most of the family stuff open too, so if anyone's interested we can discuss that and build it together. Likewise, friends, best friends, love interests and enemies all open.

As for the electives/extra-curriculars, I had a few questions before I decide: What are Deviations, Alchemy, Ancient Studies, Ghoul Studies, Magical Arts and Earth Magic? (I know a third-year can't take Alchemy, but I'm curious)

Daniel Chance, Green
Daniel Chance
Also Known As: Danny
Titles: "That sneaky bastard"
Birthday: November 11
Nationality: American
Species: Human metamorphmagus
Blood Status: Half-blood
Blood Type: A+
Astrological Sign: Scorpio
Sexual Orientation: Straight ("I am just now discovering this.")

Past/Bio: Danny likes to tell people any number of stories about his past. That he was kidnapped and raised by ninjas. That he was born to a poor family and learned to survive on the streets. That he is the bastard child of a human and a unicorn. Sometimes all three at once. Almost the only tale he won't tell is the truth: That he was born to an upper-middle-class family and lived a comfortable life that would have been utterly boring if he hadn't spiced it up himself.

His mother was a second-generation Japanese American witch and his father a successful businessman, both of whom doted on him (perhaps unwisely). Most wizards living in muggle societies will typically avoid their peers; Danny, however, was a social being and found this distasteful. ("Fancy way of saying 'Hell no!'") Instead he decided to hide his nature not by shunning society but simply by becoming a very good liar. From explaining away magical incidents to skipping out on work, he made a charming smile and seemingly sensible logic into his finest spells. When these fail his abilities as a metamorphmagus also help him quickly escape the fallout.

His years in school have been much the same; even removed from a muggle society he has to deceive, he has built up a reputation for being charming, likeable and utterly dishonest. The former two have kept him fairly popular in spite of the third. ("What can I say? I have a winning smile.")

About Him/Her
Personality:
Danny likes to shroud himself in mystery and is not above dirty, dishonest deeds if he thinks he has reason. Despite this he is not generally bad – his lies are rarely malicious or harmful, mostly being his own way of keeping people at arms' length and keeping himself entertained. He only resorts to truly underhanded acts if someone he genuinely cares for needs it.

A true Foxcrest, Danny has a few close, genuine friends to whom he is unfailingly loyal. Aside from being the only ones with a decent chance of getting the truth out of him at any given time, these few know they can count on him to always stand by them and help them through anything, at any cost, even if it's not always in a way they can see or would approve of if they could. ("What they don't know can help them.")

Believing that the easiest and most effective role to play is that of oneself, Danny doesn't construct a persona to carry his lies; he is genuinely friendly and outgoing by nature, which is exactly the image he shows others. He has a strong protective streak for those he cares about, though people outside that privileged group may be lower on his list of priorities.

Now thirteen, puberty is in full swing and Danny takes this in stride. He is worldly enough to know what's happening to him ("It's called the internet.") and now realizes just how full the school is of pretty girls. He has even been known to shift into the form of some other boy and ogle them freely, knowing it won't reflect on him personally.

A natural and capable liar, Danny finds no trouble (practical or ethical) weaving lies around himself and anything he does. His tricks aren't always as clever as he thinks they are, though, and a habit of grandstanding sometimes trips him up. In addition to his social inclinations he is a very physical person, fond of sports and martial arts. He has in fact studied Jeet Kune Do since he was six years old and is fast, agile and adaptable both in combat and on the quidditch field.

Though intelligent, he himself admits he doesn't have much interest in academics and not much patience for things he's not interested in; this is shown in some of his grades, as the more demanding and mathematical forms of magic often frustrate him to where he prefers to simply cheat (to mixed success). Consequently he does poorly at Transfiguration and Potions, but remarkably well at DADA and Charms.
- Hanging out
- Fooling people
- Martial arts
- Flying
- Parkour
- Showing off
- Pretty girls
- Flirting
- Morphing
Dislikes:
- Boredom
- Messing up
- Horses
- Bullies
- Being lectured
Hobbies:
- Singing
- Acting
- Video games
- Flying
- Parkour
- Martial arts
- Honing his skills
Fears:
- Driving his friends away
- Insanity ("Just... just don't get me started, man.")
Strength: Clever and charismatic, quick to react
Weakness: Proud and vain, sometimes impulsive
Talents: Deceptive, athletic and intelligent, excellent ear for music, skilled at morphing and impersonation

Appearance
Height:
5'4"
Skin Tone: Fair
Eye Color: Sharp, sparkling green ("I'm like ninety per cent certain that's their real color.")
Hair Description:
- Color: White
- Highlights: Silver
- Length: Shoulder-length
- Style: Straight
- Worn: Mostly loose; bangs pulled back and tied in a mini-ponytail ("Learned it from a guy I know in the Yakuza.")
Extra:
- Scars: A cut along his left forearm, long and thin. ("It's a long and interesting story.")
- Piercings: None.
- Tattoos: A pair of white-silver wings on his back, matching his hair color. ("Technically I just morph this here - not really ink.")
- Facial Features: Slim, slightly slanted eyes.
- Scent: Subtle tangerine
- Other: Lithe but athletic build. ("Sure, I could shapeshift myself even more muscle, but this is real. That has value.")

Relationships
Father:
William Chance
Mother: Saito Izumi
Siblings: Hayden and Hunter Chance
Relatives: Muggle americans, aunts, uncles and cousins. The Japanese side has the magical blood. Both sides of the family are kind enough. The muggles on his dad's side are a little pushy, but Danny usually finds a way to deal with them.
Family Line of Work: His father is an executive at a shipping company and his mother runs a spa.
Family Background: His mother, a second-generation Japanese American witch, met his father as a customer back when her mother ran the spa. To this day Danny spends some of his vacations in Japan, learning the language and culture.
Best Friends:
Friends:
Cassandra Willard ("She wants to rule the world. How could I not like this girl?") Sara Caro Pierto ("Is it ironic that the blind girl is the only one who seems to see me for me sometimes?")
Love Interest:
Enemies:

Education
House:
Foxcrest
Best Core Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts ("Yeah, I'm basically a combat wizard.")
Worst Core Class: Potions
Elective: Care of Magical Creatures
Quidditch: Yes; beater, reserve seeker
Extra-Curricular: Music, Magical Arts

Magic
Wand:

- Length: 12,5 inches
- Flexibility: Springy
- Wood: Beech
- Core: Dragon heartstring
Pets: Alexander (tabby cat)
Boggart: An older version of himself holding a bloody knife. (*shudder*)
Patronus: A serpent.

Confident Cruz

Last edited:
Hello all! I've been looking through here and I'm interested in joining, if it's not too late. I have most of a character bio written down for a third-year Foxcrest wizard, but I've left most of the relationships open. In particular I'm wondering if anyone wants to have them be related; I do like the idea of Danny having an older or younger sister. For that reason I've left most of the family stuff open too, so if anyone's interested we can discuss that and build it together. Likewise, friends, best friends, love interests and enemies all open.

As for the electives/extra-curriculars, I had a few questions before I decide: What are Deviations, Alchemy, Ancient Studies, Ghoul Studies, Magical Arts and Earth Magic? (I know a third-year can't take Alchemy, but I'm curious)

Name: Daniel Chance
Also Known As: Danny
Titles: "That sneaky bastard"
Birthday: November 11
Nationality: American
Species: Human metamorphmagus
Blood Status: Half-blood
Blood Type: A+
Astrological Sign: Scorpio
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Past/Bio: Danny likes to tell people any number of stories about his past. That he was kidnapped and raised by ninjas. That he was born to a poor family and learned to survive on the streets. That he is the bastard child of a human and a unicorn. Almost the only tale he won't tell is the truth: That he was born to an upper-middle-class family and lived a comfortable life that would have been utterly boring if he hadn't spiced it up himself.

His mother was a second-generation Japanese American witch and his father a successful businessman, both of whom doted on him (perhaps unwisely). Most wizards living in muggle societies will typically avoid their peers; Danny, however, was a social being and found this distasteful. Instead he decided to hide his nature not by shunning society but simply by becoming a very good liar. From explaining away magical incidents to skipping out on work, he made a charming smile and seemingly sensible logic into his finest spells. When these fail his abilities as a metamorphmagus also help him quickly escape the fallout.

His years in school have been much the same; even removed from a muggle society he has to deceive, he has built up a reputation for being charming, likeable and utterly dishonest. The former two have kept him fairly popular in spite of the third.

About Him/Her
Personality:
Danny likes to shroud himself in mystery and is not above dirty, dishonest deeds if he thinks he has reason. Despite this he is not generally bad – his lies are rarely malicious or harmful, mostly being his own way of keeping people at arms' length and keeping himself entertained. He only resorts to truly underhanded acts if someone he genuinely cares for needs it.

A true Foxcrest, Danny has a few close, genuine friends to whom he is unfailingly loyal. Aside from being the only ones with a decent chance of getting the truth out of him at any given time, these few know they can count on him to always stand by them and help them through anything, at any cost, even if it's not always in a way they can see or would approve of if they could.

Believing that the easiest and most effective role to play is that of oneself, Danny doesn't construct a persona to carry his lies; he is genuinely friendly and outgoing by nature, which is exactly the image he shows others. He has a strong protective streak for those he cares about, though people outside that privileged group may be lower on his list of priorities.

A natural and capable liar, Danny finds no trouble (practical or ethical) weaving lies around himself and anything he does. His tricks aren't always as clever as he thinks they are, though, and a habit of grandstanding sometimes trips him up. In addition to his social inclinations he is a very physical person, fond of sports and martial arts. He has in fact studied Jeet Kune Do since he was six years old and is fast, agile and adaptable both in combat and on the quidditch field.

Though intelligent, he himself admits he doesn't have much interest in academics and not much patience for things he's not interested in; this is shown in some of his grades, as the more demanding and mathematical forms of magic often frustrate him to where he prefers to simply cheat (to mixed success). Consequently he does poorly at Transfiguration and Potions, but remarkably well at DADA and Charms.
- Hanging out
- Fooling people
- Martial arts
- Flying
- Parkour
- Showing off
- Flirting
- Morphing
Dislikes:
- Boredom
- Messing up
- Horses
- Bullies
- Being lectured
Hobbies:
- Singing
- Acting
- Video games
- Flying
- Parkour
- Martial arts
Fears:
- Driving his friends away
- Insanity
Strength: Clever and charismatic, quick to react
Weakness: Proud and vain, sometimes impulsive
Talents: Deceptive, athletic and intelligent, excellent ear for music

Appearance
Height:
5'9"
Skin Tone: Fair
Eye Color: Sharp, sparkling green
Hair Description:
- Color: White
- Highlights: Silver
- Length: Shoulder-length
- Style: Straight
- Worn: Mostly loose; bangs pulled back and tied in a mini-ponytail
Extra:
- Scars: A cut along his left forearm, long and thin.
- Piercings: None.
- Tattoos: A pair of white-silver wings on his back, matching his hair color.
- Facial Features: Slim, slightly slanted eyes.
- Scent: Subtle tangerine
- Other: Lithe but athletic build.

Relationships
Father:
William Chance
Mother: Saito Izumi
Siblings:
Relatives:
Family Line of Work:
Family Background:
Best Friends:
Friends:
Love Interest:
Enemies:

Education
House:
Foxcrest
Best Core Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Worst Core Class: Potions
Elective:
Quidditch:
Yes; chaser, reserve seeker
Extra-Curricular:

Magic
Wand:

- Length: 12,5 inches
- Flexibility: Springy
- Wood: Beech
- Core: Dragon heartstring
Pets: Alexander (tabby cat)
Boggart: An older version of himself holding a bloody knife.
Patronus: A serpent.

Confident Cruz
I am making twin boys entering their first year of school. Of your do not mind two brothers. Also they are half Asian or full Asian ? And did Daniel bleach his hair white or is that natural? I'm just wondering for my characters hair colour.

@CreepyShutIn The character looks good, let me know when you get the family portion of your skelly is done!

Reactions: LittleWolfie
I am making twin boys entering their first year of school. Of your do not mind two brothers. Also they are half Asian or full Asian ? And did Daniel bleach his hair white or is that natural? I'm just wondering for my characters hair colour.
Twin younger brothers sounds great! They'd be half-Asian, Japanese on their mother's side. She's also the witch of the two, so odds are the kids all know at least a bit about Japanese magic. How much depends on how much they want to learn from her. That's about all I'd figured out regarding the family, did you have anything in mind?

As for the hair color, technically it's naturally black, but he's a metamorphmagus - he basically looks how he wants to look. White hair is distinctive.

@Justaddnutts I'll let you know once that's figured out, but in the meantime I'd still like to know about those classes. (Deviations, Alchemy, Ancient Studies, Ghoul Studies, Magical Arts and Earth Magic)

Last edited:
Right!

Deviations:
It teaches methods of divining the future, or gathering insights into future events, through various rituals and tools. The magic taught in this class, as well as the ability to say prophetic things is a branch of magic referred to as "Divination or Deviation." Students study a myriad of ways to scry information about the future, including tea dregs, crystal balls, visions, and Astrology and horoscope charts. Other methods of divining the future include smoke patterns, dreams, tarot cards, and the interpretation of prophecies, though the latter is quite rare. Guides and textbooks allow students of Deviation to discern or translate what observed symbols intend to mean. Not every student will do well in the class, as it requires a degree of "The Sight", which is rare, to actually succeeded. It is an easy A, however, as long as you can BS well enough to pretend you have a gift for the subject.

Alchemy:
It concerns the ancient science of Alchemy, the study of the four basic elements, as well as the study of the transmutation of substances. Students who take it some times describe it as a weird cross between transfigurations and potions. It's not the easiest thing in the world and you would need a certain level of skill in both transfigurations and potions to do well in the class.

Ancient Studies:
More like a magic theory class, or even a history. It focuses in-depth on the theory and histories of magics no longer practiced commonly in this day an age. Most students who take this class tend to recall that one of the more interesting units was the one of Egypt. There will be little to no actual magic practice in this class.

Ghoul Studies:
This is a class that focuses of ghouls, ghost, and poltergeists. It's not really an exact science, but it covers what is know to wizard society about these beings. It also covers the more famous ones through out history. The house ghosts tend to have a week of the class to teach what they can to the students. It's interesting enough, but basically a history style class.

Magical Arts:
It's like regular arts, accept it teaches you how to bring movement to them. Like magical portraits or the gargoyles that sat in front of the Hogwarts head office. Let you imagination run free with this one! Wizard Art!

Earth Magic:
Students who liked herbology and have a core more dispositioned to the element earth tend to enjoy Earth Magic. It's a branch of magic that focuses heavily on using the energies the earth gives off, the magics mother nature provided instead of your own. It can help tremulously. For some unknown reason Muggles can access a degree of earth magic as well, not to the same degree as wizards, but still. I believe the muggles call it, Having A Green Thumb?

Twin younger brothers sounds great! They'd be half-Asian, Japanese on their mother's side. She's also the witch of the two, so odds are the kids all know at least a bit about Japanese magic. How much depends on how much they want to learn from her. That's about all I'd figured out regarding the family, did you have anything in mind?

As for the hair color, technically it's naturally black, but he's a metamorphmagus - he basically looks how he wants to look. White hair is distinctive.

@Justaddnutts I'll let you know once that's figured out, but in the meantime I'd still like to know about those classes. (Deviations, Alchemy, Ancient Studies, Ghoul Studies, Magical Arts and Earth Magic)
Sounds good once I get this school project done I'll put them together. B-)

Is this still accepting?

Status
Not open for further replies.