The Last Of Us: Last Hope (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt a little rusty writing that post, but at least Jack's among your fine characters now. :D

Reactions: Rainjay
Collab is collabing *dances*

Shall I post for you with the NPCs, Freamon, or does someone else want to step forward and chat w/ 'em? So long as our chars get into the city, ya'll can make 'em do whatever you'd like.

I'm good with you controlling them. Looking forward to it, in fact. :bsmile:

Yup! Laptop broke but I fixed a few problems with an old one and it's doing fine. Cycle continues.

What's the next move with our friendly 'lil standoff here? Are we going to timeskip to that night in the camp? Or are we going to do a collab 'n stuff?

Well the intention was for people to interact with them but I can GM us through it instead and initiate the event.

I'm fine with either, personally. I think we could combine both by taking them to the camp and letting them interact there, maybe? I dunno.

I'm good with carrying on. Got incentive to follow them for the supplies.

Alright I'll post today or tomorrow with a brief movement and initiation post. After that, it's up to everyone else to take the event in whichever direction you choose. Kraken and I already came up with an endgame, the 'result' per say, but all the middle stuff is open.

Also @A Clockwork Tangerine you still here?

Kraken and I already came up with an endgame, the 'result' per say, but all the middle stuff is open.
Mwuahhahahahaha...Hah...Ha.. :P

Should we discuss the middle bits a bit more? Might lead to a bit more autonomy with our ability to post.

Reactions: Freamon
Name: Jeffrey (Jeff) Grub
Hometown: Fort Worth, TX

Appearance: File Below, but his hair has gotten longer, this photo was from when he was 18, for his ID card.
Personality: He's sweet, honest, and a peace-keeper, he was a former guard, so he knows how to be firm, and can plant a bullet in a bad-guys skull, but only if he really believes he's a "Bad-guy" He deals with social anxiety disorder, so he's not a very good talker, and can freeze up in a social environment, so he likes to go out, but this also means he doesn't have many friends, not because he looks outwardly mean, but because he just... doesn't really talk.

Family: Jeff was raised by the guards, i know, weird, but the guards in fort worth were also very weird, they rose him from the age of 4 to the age of 17, then he became one of them. They've taught him to respect authority, but to stand for whats right, and how to appreciate fine *usually confiscated* goods, such as wines, *obviously looted from the outside* and canned pineapple *You'd be surprised how hard it is to find canned pineapple nowadays.* but this all changed when fireflies sneaked into his quarantine zone, they slowly took out the experienced garrison, and then launched a frontal, and internal assault. Jeff tried to save his quirky family, but they were slaughtered in the nursery, Jeff was only 19 when he saw an infants brains splattered across the wall.

Strengths
Strong: He was born barrel chested, and a bit blubbery, but he was always the errand boy to fetch the heavy equipment around the zone, he can lift quite heavy things, and swings really hard.
Steady Aim: He can keep a steady aim, but this is only when he's standing still.
Small Stomach: He doesn't need to eat as much, he's a work horse who can work hard on an almost empty stomach, he's never fainted in his life from a lack of food.
20/20: Perfect eyesight, most wouldn't put this on a strength sheet, but i think this is important, he has the average eyesight, no glasses or contacts needed.
Good ears: He was born with auditory processing disorders that make sharp noises sharper and dull noises louder, though his condition which can help him quite a lot in a stealthy environment, this is quite the curse (see below)

Weaknesses
Slow Swinger: Jeff doesn't swing very fast, but when he does swing, it is quite the impact.
Weak Stomach: his relatively small stomach is also very easily upset at the sight of the most macabre.
Too Good Ears: In a bustling, city environment, where everything is loud, he gets very horrible headaches, and he could never stand being is a position of high authority.
Social anxiety: Usually, unless he takes a liking to people, he really doesn't talk much, which is a shame, he has a beautiful, not quite bass, but not high enough for baritone voice.
Inventory:
Toiletries such as:
  • Toothbrush and toothpaste (almost empty)
  • hand sanitizer ( For after a nice poop in the woods, you need clean hands! or maybe you just punched a zombies skull in...)
  • a Small hand towel (Soaks up blood and sweat and motor oil nicely!)
  • a bottle of 3 in 1 men's body wash/Shampoo/Conditioner (When you find a river, might as well clean yourself... right?)
  • A Plush roll of 4 ply toilet paper, (extra big when he first found it, like 3 months ago....)
Ammunition as Follows:
  • 24 bullets (in box) .22 Long Bullets, FMJ.
  • Couple of Nail Bombs, and a smoke bomb.
  • 3 shanks
Weapons as follows:
Clothing are as follows:
  • Long sleeved thin black shirt with a skull and crossbones on the chest area
  • Stiff blue jeans without tears, bottom of the legs are slightly dirty and frayed.
  • Thin leather gloves.
  • 2 extra pairs of socks *for doubling up on feet and covering hands in cold weather*
  • Combat boots, a slot in the bottom is empty where a shank could be Jerry-rigged.
  • Black leather jacket, with a grey hoodie on underneath.

Background: He didn't know much about how he was conceived, or even who is mother and father were, except that his mother was only 16 when she had him, and his dad was 22. Fort Worth had an adoption system, if nobody wanted the kid, then the guard station would adopt the child, rarely would a mother give up their child, even then, the older people in the zone would usually adopt the child, this was the first time ever a person would be given to the guard station, and the guards were not prepared. Jeff was raised by an outrageous white guy who had an abandonment issue and his girlfriend, primarily, there was this warm black guard who he took to most though, he adored him, and he'd tried everything to piss him off, and nothing worked, even talking about his parents and family, but Jeffrey soon realized that was only estranging him to the darker guard, there was a rude Hispanic guard who always tricked Jeffrey, and made him say embarrassing things that he didn't understand, the Hispanic guard, who retired by the time he turned 17, had already done his damage, Jeffrey grew up a reclusive kid, he looked sweet and happy and a little bit Buddha-like, but he was almost mute at school, never really felt like he should talk, coaches called on him, and he would answer the question, usually what specific tiers of infected's weaknesses are. days were repetitive, so he found himself, with a core of about 5 friends, none of which survived, that helped him through military training. Everything changed when the firefly nation attacked, they had slowly poisoned, assassinated, sabotaged, or just dissuaded guards to quit, till the garrison was so weak that the fireflies just had to waltz right in, occasionally shooting at a guard who was already overextended for their giant zone, malnourished from having half rations for months. but not Jeffrey, he had a shot wound in his forearm, yet he could still shoot, he had a shot wound in his forearm and another appeared in his right shoulder, he still soldiered on, he took a shot to the calf, he finally went down, not after taking down 4 fireflies, he wasn't out at all, he was still conscious, while they had carried him to their nearby BOP, he had met a weird lady, and had joined the fireflies, either as prisoner, or as a willing member, he had 2 options, and he chose the more appealing, yet he still remains something of a wild card, and is slightly off and a loner sometimes.

Attachments

• Scruff.jpg
    Scruff.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2
If you arent accepting new people, im sorry and i'll just go and delete this...

If you arent accepting new people, im sorry and i'll just go and delete this...
Sorry, I've been asking for new players to message me prior to laying an application. Additionally, someone else messaged me a few hours prior to your post. I'm sorry.

If we still have openings in a few weeks, I'll message you.

oh, ok! ummm, if you want me to, ill delete it! or should i keep it up in case you happen to have a vacancy?

oh, ok! ummm, if you want me to, ill delete it! or should i keep it up in case you happen to have a vacancy?
Either or. It's okay.

Okay, okay: I promise I will get a post up tomorrow or Wednesday. Most likely Wednesday. Who said senior year is the easier. It. Is. Not. ):

Not sure where ACT went but we'll give it until Friday...

Reactions: Rainjay
I did it now because the best time to guarantee shit get's done is now.

A.K.A I don't feel like doing homework yet.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: ze_kraken
Status
Not open for further replies.