The Knight's Wanderer

He was grateful towards her response, and it showed on his features as he pat his book in his lap. "Well then, whenever you are ready for a story, please tell me and I'll be happy to tell you a tale or two."

She nodded before straightening herself out. "Well, I think I should head towards the tavern to see my boys."

Laura laughed. "Aye, they'll missing their ma." She kissed Eliza on the cheek. "Hurry now dear, before they cause a ruckus like last time."

He tried to imagine what could have happened 'last time', but remembered the evening before and began to realize it was very plausible she really was needed there. "Be safe on your way, Miss Knight. Unless you'd mind me joining you, it's all I can really say for the time being."

She looked at him kindly. "I may need backup if you wish to join?"

"I can't guarantee being the best back up, but I'll assist any way I can." He replied with ease. He was happy to be relied on, and wanted to see just what was in store.

Eliza nodded and headed towards the door, stepping out and taking a deep breath before heading towards the tavern.

He followed her much more carefully, but at the same time was a bit more at ease than she was. "What seems to have you so tense? What are we in for that makes you so uneasy?"

Eliza looked at him closely. "After a successful job...well...my boys tend to get a bit...rowdy." She shook her head, hearing loud voices singing seadog chants as she approached the tavern and she winced. "Like that."

He tried desperately not to chuckle, but couldn't help but let part of it out. "Well, it's nothing surprising that they're energetic over a job well done. As long as they're not smashing things, though the noise may bother some... I'm certain I've seen worse."

"This is just the beginning." She winced as a crash was heard and she burst through the door of the tavern to find two of her men wrestling each other. They cursed at each other, each insisting that they were the one that had the most kills or some such nonsense. Her eyes narrowed and one or two of her men looked up, trying to get the two wrestling to stop.

The wrestling had certainly caught Joseph off guard- and he wasn't exactly a very strong person, so waltzing in to stop it on his own would be rather dangerous. However, he wanted to help, since he'd assured to be back up. In his haste, he dug in his pocket, but didn't find what he was looking for. He turned to Eliza. "Perhaps a story would calm them? I have one about something much like this. I don't think having the most kills is very helpful either way because of it."

Eliza growled, shaking her head and walking in the midst of the wrestling. Those watching could do nothing but cringe, recognizing the fire in her eyes. "Jon and Jim!" She yelled, yanking both apart by their ears. She waited until the wails and complaints of pain died down. "You two...I can't ever take my eyes off of you!"

Watching Eliza made him think of a mother and her children, which made him smile likely. The knights seemed to have an almost family dynamic in his mind. "I'm sure they didn't intend any harm."

Eliza glared back at him before her attention shifted. "These two always mean it."

The glare caught him off guard, making him feel a chill through his spine. Her glare was quite effective, and he was surprised just the glare itself didn't stop them in seconds. Then he recalled they were likely used to it, and tried to focus on relaxing his heartbeat instead. "That...Certainly is troublesome."

Both boys stopped struggling, looking up at Eliza in fear. "We're sorry..."

"As punishment, you boys are fixing this broken table and cleaning the inn tonight!" She hissed at them, letting them go and looking at the rest of her squad. "As for the rest of you, sober up."

Eliza's strength was clear just by the confidence she showed and the response of people around her. It was rather interesting to Joseph, who seemed to be keeping a mental note as she spoke, before turning to her. "After that, perhaps some water is in order?"

She smiled, the rest of her squad groaning and shooting odd glances to the story-teller. "Aye, after that they'll go have a dip in the river to sober up."

He looked at her curiously. "I was more saying for you. You've been working hard all day, and water is vital to the body." He noted simply. "They say if you don't drink enough water, a demon is more likely to possess you in your sleep. Though some demons are nice, it's best not to take chances."

Her men smiled, whispering to each other. Jim chuckled, piping up, "A swim for the boss boys!" They grabbed her arms and started shoving her out the door. With all of them united in the common goal, and Eliza laughing so hard, she was easily made to leave the inn. Jon grabbed the story-teller.