The Knight's Wanderer

He chuckled a bit. "Perhaps it's because I only met her one day. But it is my own opinion, and for the time being, I shall stick to it." He smiled a bit as well, returning his head to one of the many books. The tale from earlier played back in his mind, but he was trying to avoid thinking of it as much as possible.

Eliza finished patching the holes and climbed down, entering the cabin with a loud bang. "Done." She announced, moving to the table to strap her armor back on.

"That armor looks quite heavy," He decided to note. "It takes a lot of strength to move with it, doesn't it? You must be quite capable just from that alone."

Eliza shrugged. "It is how I discipline myself. I only take it off if it will cause me harm to wear it."

"I suppose that is a wise and understandable method..." He mused, but his curiosity caught the better of him. "Do you wear it regularly at home as well?"

She nodded. "Yes. I do actually. I take it off when I feel that I have done a security check on my home and have worked out enough for the day."

"I should try to do some more strenuous exercise myself...I don't think I'm up to doing that type yet, though." He smiled, adding, "It's an admirable way to live, your way, from what I see so far. It's also interesting to learn of."

She looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Interesting...never heard that."

He looked at her curiously in response, but let it go soon after. "I think the most exercise I get is my walking- though that's fairly good. I should try carrying more books perhaps..." He looked to her with another glance. "What made you choose to be a Knight, if I may ask out of curiosity?"

Eliza shrugged. "It was a profession where I could do the most good."

He smiled. "Your reason is a good reason. I've met others whose reasons were not so pure."

She smiled as Laura handed her a cup of tea and she began to drink it, her armor strapped on once again. "Well, thank you."

He grinned lightly before putting away the book in his hand in its proper spot. He was careful with books, much in the way one would be careful with a baby and returning it to its crib. "And I thank you for helping me yet again today. Without you, I'd be getting lost regularly."

She put her sword back on, kissing Laura on the cheek. "Thanks mom." She put the tea down and winked at her.

He found the interactions between Laura and Eliza quite fitting, and it reminded him of his own home, which he hadn't been to in quite a long time. Taking out his journal, he sat quietly and began to scribble in it. I began to think of home today as I was at the house of a wise woman with many books. The books and stories in the house were full of interesting things, and somehow the entire trip reminded me of home. I shall write a letter for father later. For now, I have new tales to tell. Some are sad and some are joyful. I am certain this town will lead me to more interesting people to please. I wonder what kind of stories I'll learn tomorrow? Perhaps I can tell some tales to Miss Knight. He closed it abruptly, putting it in his lap as he thought over his last sentence. "What sort of stories do you like, Miss Knight?"

Eliza frowned. "That is a hard question...I suppose I prefer folklore." She grew antsy and looked down at her sword, her hand resting on the pommel in her familiar fashion of doing so.

He smiled to her easily. "Folklore, hm? Myths and folklore are very fun...Do you have a favorite tale you know right now?" He wanted to better know her tastes before telling her a story from his journal, curious as to what types of folklore would catch her attention.

She shook her head. "No, not really. We don't get many tale-spinners out this way."

He looked at her curiously in response, then smiled. "Would you like to hear a tale one time when you have time? I'll try to choose a good folktale for you from the ones I have."