The Knight's Wanderer

He hadn't meant that at all, and was surprised when he was dragged with them, but managed to keep up enough so that the pulling on his arm wasn't too much. What exactly were they planning exactly, and why was he being pushed to join? He wanted to voice it, but he instead managed to sigh in relief. He'd at least left his journal with the inn keeper just in case.

Eliza started laughing. "Race you there!" She began to jog towards the lake in the distance. Her men shouted, "No fair!" "Headstart!" and such before running after her. As soon as Eliza reached the bank, she removed her armor, backing up and running to dive into the water. "At least it is still warm!" She chuckled, diving under as her men dove in as well. They all had on their shirts and long pants and began to splash around.

He watched awkwardly as he followed them in a much slower pace. He didn't enter, not really sure why he had been brought there, but did take off his cloak due to the heat of being out in the sun for a while. He laid it down carefully near him, watching carefully. "I don't think this will help hydrate you much, but at least you seem to enjoy it."

Eliza smiled. "I've always enjoyed-" Her words were cut off as she suddenly disappeared beneath the waves of the lake. Her men just floated, open mouthed in shock.

He thought on the one hand it was a ploy, but on the other there was clear concern to be noted. He didn't take a moment to sigh, giving the situation a careful thought before taking off his tunic and walking in, ducking under water to look for her.

Eliza popped back up, coughing out water, her hair soaked and covering her eyes. "Okay, WHO DID IT?" She couldn't see and splashed, desperately trying to keep afloat. Her men just stared at her, as if they did not know what to make of the situation.

Seeing she'd popped up, Joseph came up himself. "What's going on? It's rather unusual..." He moved towards Eliza, touching her shoulder lightly. "Are you alright? What's the matter?"

She grumbled. "There are tales of a force that pulls swimmers into the depths if they aren't cautious. Every time we come here, one of my men pulls me under." She glared at her men. "Well? If you fess up now then the punishment won't be so severe." She tried to brush her now wet hair out of her eyes, only to have it flop back in them. Her men looked at each other and shook their heads, not understanding what was going on.

((I can't decide on monster, ghost, or one of her men...))

((It could be none of the above. It could be a giant fish or something pulled her. Or the other ideas. Hrm...))

"Ah, I've heard such stories elsewhere. It's normally a ghost in the stories isn't it? I've also heard rumors in the past of a sea monster who would throw people out of the water and into the sky, though."

Eliza took a breath of air to speak only to disappear beneath the surface again. Her men panicked, some diving under right away to try to reach their leader. One of the men that went under popped back up. "It's a ghoul!" He screamed. Several men raced on shore to grab their silver longswords.

Jon looked at the tale-spinner his eyes wide. "Get out of the water. We will handle this." He took his silver sword and dove, seeing Eliza struggling to get back to the surface.

When she disappeared beneath the surface again, he was shocked to hear the word ghoul. He did get out, but he was very uncertain in doing so- for starters, seeing a ghoul was an interesting thought. And secondly, he was actually quite worried. Instead, however, he dug through the contents of his cloak's inner pocket, apparently looking through it for something. I have information on stopping ghouls and such in my journal. Bad day to leave it at the inn. There must be something on me that could help...

Jon went to Eliza's aide, swiping at the ghoul with the sword until it released the now oxygen lacking woman. He took his captain under the arms and swum to the surface, Eliza having gone limp in his arms.

Joseph moved to help take Eliza. He couldn't help with the ghoul, but he did know a thing or two about oxygen and the body. "She's lacking oxygen. Unless someone has a pump of it, she may need mouth to mouth. Is she breathing?"

Jon dragged his Captain to the beach and dropped her gently onto the ground. "None of us know mouth to mouth! Eliza's the one that knows the first aide!" The men gathered around in a panic, Eliza's lips having gone pale and slightly blue. Her chest was not moving and her eyes were closed.

Joseph sighed. "Good news is I do." He checked her vitals as required before kneeling and doing proper resuscitation. He made sure to be careful in doing so, not putting too much weight on her while he did what he'd been taught. It was lucky for Joe that he'd learned this once before- but he'd never expected to need it, not at such a time as this.

The men could only pace and worry, as they waited for some response from Eliza.

Suddenly, Eliza took a shuddering breathe, coughing up water and fighting for air. The choking, gasping noise made the men breath a sigh of relief and joy.

Joseph moved as she coughed up water, holding an arm out for her to use to get up if needed. "You okay now? You gave us all quite a scare."

Eliza rolled over, coughing up the water that had entered her lungs. She nodded, "Holy carps, that was so intense..." She sat up, shivering, her hair getting in her face.

He wrapped his arms around her gently to try to help warm her. One often got cold when lacking oxygen, and it was best to warm her quickly, he was sure. "It's alright now. You'll be alright. I'm sure of it."

Eliza leaned into his arms, shivering and laughing. She had seen the tension in her men and wanted to relieve it. "Okay, so mark down drowning for another near-death experience!" She chuckled, it turning into a coughing fit. Her men looked at each other before looking down at their leader. "Boys, don't look so upset!"

"What happened?" Jon asked.

"I guess the ghoul just liked me better." Eliza responded, sticking her tongue out at them.