The Knight's Wanderer

He heard the groan while he was heading down the steps, having woken up thirsty and wanting to find something to drink without waking her- not that it mattered at that point. Noticing her when he made it to the bottom of the stairs, he walked and leaned on the back of the couch. "Where does it hurt? I can make you a cold compress."

"I'm fine...just had to have my memory jogged..." Eliza muttered, putting a hand over her eyes.

He smiled with relief over her response, still watching her with a gentle mannered expression. "Well, if that's so, I'm glad. So...You're not in pain then?"

"Slight headache, nothing serious." She waved a hand at him. "I didn't wake you did I?"

"Not at all. I was thirsty, so I came down to get a drink. I'm glad you're generally alright...But a headache is no good. Should I get you some medicine? Or at least some water?"

Eliza waved a hand at him. "No. I'm okay." She sat up, blinking and looking at him.

Since she claimed to be well enough, he decided to accept her answer. Instead, he moved from the couch and walked around it, sitting next to her on the floor instead. "So, gonna head back to sleep? Or did you want to stay up now?"

She frowned in thought. "I suppose I should stay up. I do have work to do."