The Kingdom of Evertrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarice paused suddenly, a frown coming to her lips. Something felt...something felt wrong. It was just her intuition, but she had a tendency to trust that. She looked towards Ashley, an intense look on her face. "Stay here," she said softly. "Just - take a seat, stay comfortable...I'll be right back," she said, rising to her feet. She paused, glancing to where she knew the guards were supposed to be standing. "You stay here, too," she said quickly. "Call in a servant while I'm gone - have them prepare and deliver lunch to the throne room."

The Queen turned and headed out the throne room door, trying to keep herself composed. It wasn't often that she got these feelings, these gut feelings that something was wrong, but they usually turned out to be right when she did get them. Sometimes it happened in a strange and roundabout kind of way - in her conversations with Phillippe, she had learned that some of her most intense episodes, ones that often escalated into full-scale panic attacks, had occurred on days that had been significant to him. She had even requested that her father have all her old diaries sent to her, and in looking through them, she discovered that she'd had episodes coinciding with the days his two stillborn children had been born. She hadn't mentioned it to him at all, but she had cross-checked the dates in her diaries with the dates on the three tombstones in the royal gardens that marked where the babies had been buried and, sure enough, it was as if something inside of her had known that her future husband was suffering.

Once she was out the door, where Ashley and the guards couldn't see her, she broke into a run - a slow and careful run, not wanting to trip over her skirts, but a run nonetheless. She hurried, as quickly as she could, towards the grand staircase. The unsettling feeling inside of her had grown from a simple flurry of butterflies to a deep, gut-wrenching, almost sickening sensation. Something was almost definitely wrong.

She reached the castle's third floor and moved quickly towards the room where the King was resting. She had offered to let him stay in their room and to take a spare room herself, but he had refused, saying that his beautiful Queen deserved the royal bedchamber until he was well enough to return to her bed...for all his faults and flaws, the King was a romantic, and a good man when it came to his wife. Clarice had a deep appreciation for how well he treated her.

She was almost to the room when she encountered a cluster of servants, almost in a panic. It all but confirmed her fears, and the moment they saw her, she could see them instantly tense up.

"What's happening?" Clarice asked, her brown eyes looking intently towards the group. She hoped they knew better than to lie to her - she'd been good to them as long as she'd been in the castle, and she hoped that they had learned by now to do the same for her.

"It's nothing, your highness," said one quickly, a young elven man. "The King's illness flared up somewhat, but the healer says she has it under control," he continued.

"If it's under control, then step aside and let me see him," Clarice demanded, and in an instant, the group split down the middle, opening up a walkway for Clarice. She walked quickly through them and to the door, her fingers curling around the knob and grasping it firmly as she pushed open the wooden door.

Reactions: L'Hibou
"Should've walked away.." he pulled a knife, and threw it at dio. He then used the didistraction to turn and run up the wall of the building, using his claws to dig into the cracks.

(Explanation, xeron is as stated previously a lizard, and as a result has longer nails than most other species, other than griffins.)

Thalice looked at the flower. The one flower that would change her life to the better. Two of the three layers of bright red petals had opened, and the third was soon to follow. She has prepared her entire life for this, ever since she fell down that cliff. The very last ingredient to get her off the ground, away from the... plants.
Thalice has practiced the procedure for ages, preparing for this day. It wasn't without effort, learning the exact technique was immensely time-requiring, and only a top-notch gardener would know of this plant, and the way to turn its intense poison to a healing fruit of supernatural proportions. Consuming it without properly preparing it would without fail kill a person in one of the most horrible and painful ways. She'd have to be careful.

The only thing she could do, was waiting. Her employer had unwillingly let her stick around for a bit longer than usual, giving her just enough time to pick, prepare, and comsume the fruit. She could deal with him while on her feet, she figured. Now all she had and could to do was wait.

Clarice, upon opening the door, saw Phillippe lying in his bed and his primary healer seated at his side. Her hands were outstretched over his sleeping body and a soft, aquamarine-coloured glow emanated from her palms. Clarice hurried over to them, gently seating herself on the edge of the bed beside the healer. "Is he alright?" Clarice asked, looking towards the other woman.

The healer gave a slight nod, withdrawing her hands as the magical glow faded. "He's stable," she said. "He was having a coughing fit - it was difficult for him to breathe. I've cleared the blockage though, he can breathe again." The healer paused lifting her hand. The aquamarine glow appeared again, dim and gentle. "I was just relieving as much of the pain as I could - my spell was a bit painful, regretfully, but it was necessary to stabilize him again."

Clarice smiled, reaching out one hand and gently laying it on the healer's arm. "Thank you," she said softly. "Not just for this - thank you for all that you're doing for us. I'm certain that my husband would be dead without you."

A smile came to the healer's lips and she quickly shook her head. "I couldn't possibly take all the credit - without a loving wife at his side, he'd certainly have given up by now," she said softly. "Would you like me to step out and let you be alone with him for a bit?"

"I'd like that," Clarice replied in a soft voice, and the healer rose to her feet and left the room, gently closing the door behind her. Clarice turned her dark eyes to Phillippe, reaching out one pale hand and gently brushing a few locks of grey hair from his forehead. He was sweating, and she didn't blame him after hearing what the healer had to say. She gazed down at his face, sadness in her heart. It pained her to see him like this - though theirs had been something of an arranged marriage, she had fallen in love with her husband over the last four years.

"Cla...rice?" Phillippe mumbled, and a smile came to Clarice's lips as she saw his hazel eyes slowly fluttering open.

"I'm right here, darling," she said in a soft voice, gently grasping his hand in one of hers.

Reactions: L'Hibou
He leans against the stone, cold wall.

Observing the movements of the Queen through the usage of secret corridors built into the castle, made for the private usage of the assassins. Cliche, to say the least, but useful. Aias still remains in his casual clothing, not yet about to change, even less ready to leave. The day has been bothering him. The outburst of his own feelings has been locked down for quite sometime. It is like a dam that has been but on his heart to keep the overflow out, building higher and higher.

He curren position is ride outside the King's bedroom, hidden inside a musty corridor. Spacious, yet it seemed to enclose on him, squeezing his minimal breath out of his lungs. He views these feeling as false, simply made to make him human. True to a large degree, Aias still is human. Even for what he has and will do, he won't forget.

He doesn't know why he has been tailing anyone, nevertheless this person. It began with a simple curiosity, now to obsessing. Not the obsession of a lover, but the basic instinct to serve, a loyal dog waiting for the hand to make a gesture, a motion to do something.

( I've been absent, will attempt to avoid that, though I wouldn't be sure. )

Their eyes seemed to drill into his back as he walked beneath their glares. It didn't bother Aros too much: they had been outright hostile before, but whatever it was he was going to kill out there must've been so threatening to them that they were willing to grant him life if only until his deed was completed. The pebble-mud road soon gave way to more and more sand, as the rock walls on either side of the canyon began to shorten until they were gone from view altogether. Once more, he stepped out into the open desert. The matriarch of the tribe--who refused to give her name to Aros when he'd asked--had given him rudimentary directional instructions, but even without them Aros doubted it would be hard to find the place they had described to him.

Tides of billowing sand rolled over the dunes on either side of Aros, occasionally whipping their way into the side of his face and sending his long silver hair careening in all directions. After the hundredth occurrence, Aros made a mental note to get his hair cut when he got home. As he tediously pulled four-foot strands of hair from his increasingly-dry mouth, Aros was happy for the first time since he had set out into the Desecrated Desert that he was traveling alone. The thought of how he must've looked caused him to blush, although you wouldn't know it by his dark, drow skin.

For a time he continued to walk in silence, occasionally whistling a tune to stifle his boredom. Sometimes, he imagined the howl of the evening wind was the world's reply, and together they were performing a duet for the most empty crowd of all existence. Other times he just imagined being back home with his friends and a hot meal. He made another mental note this time to coerce the desert tribals into forking over something to eat when he got back.

Eventually, his feet found a hard surface beneath them, and hunks of ruined sandstone structures appeared to almost appear from the gloom before him. The matriarch had told him that the thing he was hunting lived in the ruin of an old city-state that once existed here. From the angular, asymmetrical designs on the pillars and platforms he could see, Aros figured that--whatever they had been--the ancient men and women who had lived there certainly were not elvish. The architecture style was new looking to his untrained, city-boy eyes, and he took great pleasure in examining it. Carvings of royalty, slaves, and spear-wielding warriors all seemed common, and the garb on the depictions of soldiers (from what he could interpret) seemed similar to that of the canyon tribals.

Maybe they were related, although those guys didn't seem like they knew anything about architecture. Either that, or they just weren't interested in making their homes look too nice..

Aros stopped his sight-seeing at the sound of what the untrained might guess to be distant thunder, but what he recognized to be hooves of a large beast. Similar to the sounds large caravan bulls made when they got out of control, but slightly deeper. Crouching behind some old debris, Aros peered around the desert in the direction of the noises, until his eyes found the source. Three large, reptilian mounts carried a host of men atop them. The lizard creatures seemed docile from the outlook: no elongated snouts, sharp teeth, or even whip-like tails. That was good news.

Aros made his way ever closer to the passing crew, examining them with curious, yet apprehensive, vigor. They wore complete body armor, consisting mostly of linen wrappings and scaled leather belts and chest-pieces. Some carried torches, illuminating the twisted features that their masks seemed to accentuate. Nearly all of them wore some sort of glass bobble over their eyes, although these seemed to be makeshift eye-protection for the weather more than anything else.

"Huh. I've got a good feeling about these guys. Maybe they're merchants! They certainly have the mounts for it." Aros decided then that they must've been merchants and whether he was delusional from solitude, or just genuinely certain in his assessment, he began to waltz right towards them. To his credit they neither appeared armed, nor hostile, and many of them seemed to be singing a song in a language he didn't quite understand. Some drank from long, hooked horns what he began to fantasize was a mead.

Aye, a honey mead. Perhaps with some cinnamon if they trade with the west. Oh I would kill for some of that...

Last edited:
Look ahead, look a stern
Look the weather in the lee,
Blow high! Blow low! And so sailed we
I see a wreck to the windward
And a lofty ship to lee,
A sailing down all on
The coasts of High Barbary

O are you a pirate
Or a man-o-war? cried we
Oh no! I'm not a pirate
But a man-o-war, cried he
A sailing down all on

So back up your topsails
And heave your vessel to

For we have got some letters
To be carried home by you
A sailing down all on

We'll back up your topsails
And heave our vessel to

But only in some harbor
And along the side of you
A sailing down all on

For broadside, for broadside
They fought all on the main
Until at last the frigate
Shot the pirate's mast away
A sailing down all on

For quarters! For quarters!
The saucy pirates cried,
The quarters that we showed them
Was to sink them in the tide
A sailing down all on
The coast of High Barbary!

Out of all the many shanty songs that were sung on the journey to the island, this one was perhaps Alduin's favorite. When he considered the lyrics, it gave him this sort of creeping smirk that spread about his face, for their tussle a few days ago had some canny similarities and he might have sworn it was written to account those very events. He considered making the necessary adjustments later, perhaps on the return journey.

Alduin finished his preparations. He elected to bring the Transspecularis with him, as any curious fellow might, so that no opportunity was lost should it present itself. However, he would not wear it just yet. Instead it was stowed in a very compact oilskin pouch that clung tightly to his belt. The pouch itself bore quite a number of runes that imbued the case with more than enough protection from just about anything that could be thrown at it. This, in turn, caused the device to perpetually hum lowly as the magic circuited around and was its own experiment, the idea of which had struck Alduin just before bed. Indeed, what were the effects of enchantments? They themselves were their own perpetual gateway in to the Source itself. He only hoped the damn thing didn't blow up on their adventure and elected to study its effects in details later. Despite his love for the sea, he did require a space bigger than a ship's cabin and with more resources to produce a better piece of equipment.

Alduin donned his rucksack and made for deck. Most of the crew was already ashore and two sailors, in addition to the regular watch, were aboard to take him the gap to the beach. It was an easy journey and all the way Alduin found his excitement building so that he was far too giddy that what he should have been. It showed when he hopped off the rowboat and near sprinted up the beach to the camp where the captain and those that would accompany him were waiting.

"I'll give ya' five days before we're leavin'. No more. And ya ain't gettin' no search party after. We've got no more supplies that even if'n we wanted to. In any case, I'll assume yer dead or lost and tell yer father accordingly. They'll likely send the help then." The captain was serious and Alduin knew it well. He had almost been left behind once before, though that was while they were at port in a far less isolated place. Alduin nodded, sparing the words and was instead distracted by the scene behind him: thick, bright foliage at the bottom of the hill, obviously tropical, that, as the island sloped upwards towards its peak, turned into a very out-of-clime and rather highly improbable forest. Even from here he could see massive pines that must have been hundreds of years old, if not more. Taking out his journal, he quickly made a note of it and would return here for a more long term expedition to try and discern what on earth was going on. Certainly when he had more funding.

Stowing the book he looked back at the captain. The man looked at him patiently and waited for a proper acknowledgement to his terms. "We'll be back by then. If not, we'll find a way to survive. The island isn't so large, in theory, so I imagine it wouldn't even take seven days to cross it. From the looks of things, this should be a simple journey as our query likely lies at the top." Satisfied, the captain talked to each other man more personally. There were four others in total, all well accustomed and suited for this sort of work. Warriors all and none loved exploration any less than Alduin himself did. And, of course, they were the men Alduin went with on his maiden voyage a year ago where they discovered the collection that funded his research (his parents were good and made him work for his money, after all).

With their preparations complete and mind on their task, the small group of five men set off across the sands and into the spread of jungle that would soon be a curious collection of thick pines.

[Expedition Part Five!]

KALIVOS TOREN
EASTWAY BLUFF

Kalivos return to his shack, "what a lousy night... I should have stayed, but at least they didnt come looking for me, otherwise they would have wrecked this dump, not that I have a lot of things but still"
The dark elf rub his aching belly, his hand also its starting to swell where it was hit. "Damn... I need to get that money or they will deliver me to the captain, I could try to escape, but I like this place"
"I need a good hit, something to take that guys out of my back for a few weeks, at least until I can take them off, sure others will take their place but I will be out of their sights for a while"

Kalivos lay back on the bed "Its a new world, a new life, I shouldnt be scared o afraid, after what I have endured?, no, I runaway to have my life in my own hands, not to let someone else use me as they like, no, thats over... nobody rules over me..."
The dark elf jump of the bed and goes to the wal, he seems to be rubbing it, caressing it, until he found a crack, using a knife he scrubs it making the crack bigger and bigger until he can slide two fingers in it and pull a small, dark glass vial.
"Its time to end our business guys... nothing personal"

When her majesty suggested that they had lunch, Ashley could not agree more. "Yes, I think lunch would be lovely right about now." She sighed, feeling as if she had been starving to death. Why was she always hungry??? She was never this bad. At least until she got pregnant. Rubbing her belly to sooth her rowdy little one, she started walking with the Queen to leave the throne room. Along the way, Clarice stopped in the middle of the hall, worrying the Lady-In-Waiting. When the queen rushed off, Ashley could only assume it had something to do with his Majesty, who has been ill for quite some time. However, she obeyed the queen's command and sat down outside the Dining Room, patiently waiting for the Queen's return.

The final layer of petals was finally opening. Thalice could see the fruit inside. It looked like a big grape, with a faint glow. She knew she'd have to wait a little longer, forcing the petals open would but trigger the plant's defense mechanism. Just a little longer. Then the world is mine. She looked around, anxiously. There was no one nearby.

"You plannin' on staying for long, Thalice? I've got thing to do m'self!"

Her eyes fixed on the flower, she turned her head, shouting her response. "I just love your garden! Don't mind me being here, you trust me by now, don't you?"

The man turned back to whatever he was doing before, and Thalice continued watching the slowly blooming flower. The other things she'd need to prepare it laid next to her. All she needed was the fruit. The last layer of petals finally opening, the fruit turned dark purple. It's ripe. With nervous hands, she held the fruit with three fingers, then quickly and precisely pulled it out.

In her hands, in her thin, dirty, weary hands, laid the cure to almost any disease or disability, and it was all hers. "Yes. The preparation. Soak in Lightning berry juice, rub lightly with the bark of a Groundmans tree, mash..." Could she really mash it? But the fruit, it was so pretty, so spherical, so smooth, so... poisonous. In a small bowl she put it down, before proceeding with hammering it with her fists. Now consisting of a smooth jelly, she added the final ingredient, her favourite, cinnamon. She stirred thoroughly, and held the bowl up. This is it. No turning back. She looked around again.

Clarice clasped Phillippe's hand between both of hers, gazing down into his hazel eyes. He had lovely eyes, accented with wrinkles and laugh lines. Despite his advanced age, she found her husband to be a handsome and attractive man, looking past the grey hair and wrinkles to see the important details - the sparkling warmth in his eyes when he looked at her, and the charm of his smiles, and the way his entire body shook when he laughed.

"Don't you have work to be doing, love?" Phillippe murmured, weakly lifting his free hand and placing it on her cheek. Clarice smiled, lifting one of her own hands and placing it on top of his so that their fingers laced together.

"I was worried about you," Clarice replied. "Ashley and I were just about to have lunch. The plans for my renovations to the servants' quarters have been delivered, I've been looking over them to make sure they're as I want them - I can't wait to tell you about them. Not right now, though - when you've a little more energy. Perhaps after you've eaten."

A light laugh left Phillippe's lips as he gazed up at her. "Now, let me be surprised. If you tell me all about it then I won't be able to marvel at it when I'm well enough to see the finished renovations for myself," he said.

Clarice was quiet for a moment. From all the healer had said, it wasn't likely he would ever be well enough to see the renovations himself. She had been hoping and praying that wouldn't be the case, but she knew that she had to prepare for the worst. She thought back to her encounter with Kiera, and a small smile came to her lips. "A witch came to the castle today," she said softly. "She wants to offer her services, to help - to help both of us."

Phillippe raised an eyebrow, a small smile coming to his lips. "She wants to take away my illness and turn it into a child?" he asked in a light, joking tone, and Clarice giggled.

"Exactly," she said. "She's in the library now, working on something. She seemed good, and kind - I think we can trust her."

"If you trust her, then I trust her," Phillippe replied. It wasn't the full truth - Phillippe knew that his young wife could be naive and trusting almost to a fault, but he hadn't the energy to argue over this. He would let his healer make that call, since Clarice knew better than to question the healer's verdict. "Now, you shouldn't leave Ashley waiting. Go and have lunch."

"First I have to ask you for the key to your study," Clarice said softly. "I need the paperwork to hire on new guards - we've one who's a newcomer from Glymn and another is a servant girl who was recommended by one of our existing guards."

"Interesting," Phillippe murmured, nodding slightly. He turned sharply away for a moment to let out a few hacking coughs, but the fit subsided before Clarice could call the healer back in. "The key is in our room - check my nightstand, it should be inside the cover of the book bound in blue leather," he replied.

"Oh," Clarice said, nodding. "That makes it easy for me, then."

Phillippe laughed lightly, nodding. "Yes, yes it does," he said softly. "Now, love, you should go. You've business to tend to, and I need my rest if I'm going to get better - well enough to try again for that baby of ours, at least."

Clarice giggled, feeling a warmth spreading through her cheeks, and she nodded. "Of course," she said softly, leaning over and pressing her lips to his forehead in a soft, affectionate kiss. "Get your rest, love. I'll be back later." With that, she stood from the bed and left the room, pausing only to take one last look behind her at her husband, who had already shut his eyes in an attempt to drift off back to sleep. Her eyes filled up with tears as she left, closing the door behind her and giving the healer a brief nod before starting off in the direction of the throne room.

Veffelheim had to make a decision quick, as the this beast was unlike any other measly bandit he had encountered in this land so far. This was an actual threat, this was an actual fight! So with little time to spare Veffelheim took it upon himself to make the first move, and with much might Veffelheim lunged from the brushes yelling like a brute and chucked the throwing axe straight for the bears head.

Upon noticing the axe hurling toward it's face the great white bear quickly moved it's head to the side allowing the axe to plunge itself into the bears shoulder. Though the bear did not react to the axe's damage almost as if the axe hadn't done any damage at all. With this the beast then looked back to Veffelheim and with a ear-splitting roar the bear charged at Veffelheim.

With only seconds to spare, Veffelheim braced himself for the bears attack and not much time after that the bear charged into Veffelheim. During this time Veffelheim and the great white bear had gotten almost in a head lock like position and both continually fought back and fourth to gain power over the other. "Come on beast! Don't disappoint me now!" Veffelheim shouted to the beast.

Not to long after Veffelheim comment the beast had broke free from the head lock, and with it's massive head tossed Veffelheim into a nearby tree. Veffelheim then violently was thrown against the tree, plunging it into the ground. As Veffelheim flew into the tree the bear was already charging at Veffelheim readying for it's next attack.

Before Veffelheim knew it he was on the ground and the bear had already made it's way towards Veffelheim this time going for an attack with it's claws."Holy shi-!" Veffelheim yelled as he realized the bear was already attack again. Veffelheim had little time to react, but with no hesitation he quickly avoided it's attack by rolling in the opposite direction. At this point Veffelheim had enough to time to get into a kneeling position, but again the bear was already rolling in for another attack. With this Veffelheim prepared himself to counter attack the great white bears next attack. When the great white bear attacked Veffelheim with it's claws again he caught it's paw and with just enough force he knocked the bear on it's side giving him enough time to regain himself.

After the great white bear had been knocked on it's side it quickly rolled back on it's feet, and then the bear and Veffelheim both locked eyes and circled each other, both at anytime ready to attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
EASTWAY BLUFF
KALIVOS TOREN

The day goes by and Kalivos didnt leave his shack, a dark smoke cloud pour from the chimney all day long. Soon the day its over and night comes.
"All right, its done, now it time to see if it works" the dark elf took off a dirty handkerchief that cover his mouth and nose.
Later the dark elf leaves the shack and walks toward the dirty channel where the sewers are emptied.
There he waits patiently, "I told that dogs that I would give their money there... why its taking so long?"
Steps, laughing and cursing its heard. "Here you are, I was worried that you wouldnt be here, by the way, why here greyskin?, it reminds you of home?, I mean the smell, the sights..."
Five guards approach him, all armed with spears, swords and shields. Kalivos notice that theres a new guy "Funny, very funny, whos that?"
"Ah, this is one of my friends, he also want to get into the business, you know, keeping you safe and out of the sight of the captains, you are gonna have to work harder greyskin, you have another mouth to feed!" the guards burst into laughter while Kalivos watches silently.
"Whats the matter greyskin, dont like our jokes?, anyway, you have it?, better have it you dont want to have a beating here".
Kalivos rises his hands "I have it, I told you so, didnt? whats more, I have a little gift for everyone, here..." The dark elf throws something small and metallic to each guard, they catch it "uh?, whats its? a gold coin?, where did you find it?" Some guards bite it, others rub it trying to see it with the dim lights.
"I had a good hit, the guy was loaded, I also have the usual fee"
"Yeah?, good for you, maybe we should rise the usual fee..." then one of the guards that bit the coin yells "hey!! this isnt gold or a coin!, it breaks! its some kind of candy or a cookie!"
"Whats this greyskin?, trying to fool us...?"
"Fool you?, no, Im just ending our relation, I didint escape from my home to be a slave again... much less of a dirty human... and its not a cookie, its a recipe from home, of course isnt to eat, or touch by the way, we use it to hunt, its a poison... made from the venom of the giant spiders that are natives to my home, I brought a few vials when I came here, you know how spiders hunt?, they poison their prey, the venom didnt kill, it just paralyze you, but afterwards the poison begins to melt all your insides, why? so the spider can suck it! funny stuff, its a shame there isnt spiders like that here, but anyway, you will become nothing more than bags filled with gooey stuff..."
The guards shakes and sputter standing up, unable to move or talk, all but one, the new guy who didnt get a coin. "Ah... I forgot about you, I didnt expect you so I didnt make a coin for you... lucky lucky guy..."

She held the bowl with the purple jelly close to her face. This is it, no delaying. Thalice would finally be able to walk! Oh, the very thought of it made her happy, and yet, grievous. Currently being unable to move any far, and that with large difficulty, gave her a similarity with plants. In fact, that very similarity was what made her interested in plants in the first part. Her father's words echoed to her: "Great, now she's just as immobile as those squirping plants!"

No. She couldn't give up now. Just because she wouldn't be as close to them, didn't mean she was unable of ever seeing plants again. In fact, taking the potion would just let her see more plants. She leaned the bowl towards her gaping mouth, swallowing the mixture. Rather sharp, yet textureless taste, not what she expected for possibly the greatest healing potion of all.

A while of silence followed before she could process what had happened. Or rather, what hadn't happened. Her legs didn't feel like anything more than nothing than before, and despite effort, she could not move them.

"Was that it? WAS THAT IT? Sigh, did I do a mistake, perhaps?"

Soak in berry juice, rub in bark, mash and mix with cinnamon; no, she had done everything necessary. Lightning berry, Groundman's tree, regular old cinnamon; all the ingredients were right. Then what was wrong? All her life she had studied, with the main focus being this exact fruit. How did she manage to mess it up? She was outraged, so mad she could... She could... let out her anger somehow. Right now this consisted mainly of hitting the ground. A few hits later, and she was content with just lying still on the ground, her hands in the slight grope her punching has made.

Thalice noticed something funny. Her hands seemed to tickle in some manner, but only when holding them into the ground. What was this? Hestitatingly retracting them, she inspected them, only to find that it stopped tickling once she retreated them. Her usually rather smooth skin, however, was rough beyond recognize, almost like scales, but different in an inarticulatable manner. She tried reaching into the ground again, only to find the tickles being much stronger. Was there a meaning behind it? What caused it? Was it the plants?

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=#800080]Kera Hy'l[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]Sunset City[/BCOLOR]

It was yet another sleepless night for her. She was now wandering through the streets of the sleeping Sunset City. But what is the reason for her not getting any sleep? She has been having nightmares randomly ever since the incident eight years ago when her father went mad and burned the house down.

Kera arrives to a dark street and begins to pass through it just to notice the there was a cart full of hay in the way. Usually at this point she would just turn around and walk back and possible just walk around the building but now, when she hasn't slept at all and she was extremely tired, she picks up a beautiful wooden impression of a fountain pen from her pocket. She places the pen's point against a side of the cart. Usually someone would think she has gone crazy since she is trying to write with basically a piece of wood and without ink or anything. As she draws the first line it appears as a dim scarlet glow on the surface of the cart. She draws another line, finishing the first rune of the command, she keeps on writing until the command was fully written and if it was to be translated it would say 'lift'. She mumbles the word in an ancient language as she reads the command, fulfilling all the needed parts of the spell and the cart takes off, lifting a couple meters in the air and floats there as Kera walks under it, still holding her pen. The moment she puts the pen back into her pocket, the cart falls down making quite loud crashing sound.

Unfortunately there was a passerby who was now in this point looking at the now broken cart, his eyes wide and his mouth left open. Of course some normal person couldn't comprehend what he had just seen. Poor guy, people will probably think he has gone crazy when he tells them about what he just saw.

Kera arrives to the other side of the block and turns right back to the sidewalk. She yawns couple times as she arrives to the entrance of an old apartment building that seems to be in rather bad shape. She walks in and first thing to greet her is her neighbor who was a drunkard who had passed out on the stairs. She glances at the sleeping drunkard as she walks past him up the stairs.

As she reaches her room door, she picks up the key from her pocket, even the key was in a bad shape. She opens the door and gets inside, locking the door behind her, the apartment really wasn't big, basically it was just a small room and a bathroom.
medieval_room_by_sakuems-d3bpiip.png

Kera opens the window and sits down on the chair, looking outside, enjoying the beauty of the moon. Everyone always said that Sunset City had the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises, but she disagreed. The moon was something that she found the most beautiful thing in Sunset City.

Last edited:
EASTWAY BLUFF
KALIVOS TOREN

"Run rabbit run!! Im giving you time! as soon as I finish with your buddies its your turn! try to reach your friends otherwise you will end up like them... in the filth! run, run!!" , as the remaining guard run Kalivos moves from body to body, slicing their throats and dumping them into the filthy stream.
The guard run tripping over the rocks and bushes, hes new, not usted to patrol this area of the city, and soon gets lost in the dark.
"I gave you enough time to run or hide rabbit!! Now Im coming for you...!" the darkelf voice its heard but he remains invisible to the panicked guard.
"Dont come closer!! I kill you...!!" he yells as he spins around, the spear thrusting blindly around him "let me be and nobody will know about it! YOu can go or stay! just let me be!!"
"Oh... I wish I could believe you rabbit, but as I have come to learn, humans are so much like my own, treacherous, liars, you say that you will let me go, but tomorrow, a week from here, you will go to my house and try to get some payback for what happened here, so, why bother leaving you alive?"
"You... you cant do that... Im the law... others, others will come for you..."
"WHo?, your friends didnt told anybody else about me, as far I know Im invisible to the higher ups, your friends greed condemned you... how sad, maybe its your first crime isnt? I can tell it, your fear, the way you beg..."
The terrified guard trips and fall, he drags himself trying to get away until he ends at the feets of the darkelf "here you are... come on, at least show some courage kid... its shaming dying in the ground begging for you life..."
"Please dont... I have family... plesase..." the darkelf embrace him "shhhh... it will be over soon... you wont feel it at all" the guard gasps as he feel how the sharp blade pierces into him, a warm wetness spread on him.
"Hell has a special place for cowards kid, when you get there, tell them that Kalivos sent you there"

Reactions: Koene
Vr'ak shivered slightly as an unexpected breeze blew through the town. He felt his fur stand on end at the slight cold, then the wind slowly died down. From then on, the wind continued to blow regularly, with brief moments of peace in between each breeze.

Vr'ak's fur would protect him well from most of the cold, but the breeze had caught him by surprise at first. One of the first things he noticed when he arrived to this land, however, was indeed the cold. He was accustomed to the hot, arid weather that his homeland was used to. Back home, the closest it ever got to being this cold was in the dead of night. The coldest nights were worse than this, but Vr'ak felt certain that this land could come to be much colder than this. Vr'ak did his best to shrug off the cold and continued through the town, his fur still standing up and he bracing himself every time the breeze blew in his direction.

He was aiming to head south. He had first arrived in the village from that direction, and thus he already knew well that there was a forest in that direction. That was certainly going to be his best bet to catch some game. There was a short range of somewhat flat land there as well, which he hoped he would be able to get some supplies from. He knew well enough how to make traps, and he might be able to make some from just sticks he got from small bushes sprinkled around the field.

As he neared the edge of the village, he suddenly remembered a building that he had quickly noticed upon arrival. The building was some short distance from him now, and he considered using his coins to get some extra supplies that he would find convenient. When he had first arrived, he had noticed the large window on the side of the building, revealing the miscellaneous supplies he had seen inside. There was a sign hanging outside of the building, which he assumed was a hint that it was a store, but he didn't know how to read. Vr'ak approached the building and stopped outside the door, unsure.

What did he do here? Could he just come in? Most of the people that entered stores didn't seem to have a problem doing that. Vr'ak awkwardly gripped the door knob which was a little small for him. He pushed the door, but felt it get stuck on something. Vr'ak forced it a little. The door opened with a loud wooden snap and a crack. Vr'ak entered the building, satisfied with his handling of the door, then looked around.

"What the- You!" A voice called out in alarm. An older man came out from a counter nearby and hurried to the door, examining it with fearful eyes that peered from behind spectacles mounted on his nose. Vr'ak paused, unsure. The man sighed, scratching what little remained of his graying hair. "You broke the door!"

"O-oh," Vr'ak said apologetically. "Am sorry, I'm-...home not have d-these."

"It's fine," The man grumbled, "You're going to pay for this aren't you?"

"Huh?"

"Pay! You broke my property."

"H-How much?"

The man paused and examined the damage again. "Well," he said, pointing at the splintered wood on the door frame. "You didn't break the door itself, so you saved yourself from a big price there. I'll say... twenty-five. This looks difficult to repair."

The gnoll stared at him blankly. He didn't know numbers in this language.

The man looked at the gnoll in horror. "You don't know how to count," He said, less of a question and more of a voiced realization.

"N-not in this-" Vr'ak stopped in his explanation. He didn't know what it was called.

"Okay then," The man said slowly. "Let me have your gold and I'll count it for you."

"Okay, thank-s," Vr'ak said. He grabbed the pouch that he had simply put under his belt and handed it to the man. The man walked over to the counter and emptied the coin onto the counter to count.

-

"Hundred gold..." The man murmured to himself. He suppressed a smirk. How could an animal like this get this gold? Oh well. He quickly began moving a number of coins away from the pile with one finger, counting twenty-five. At twenty-four, he paused, his finger already on the twenty-fifth. What if... He glanced at Vr'ak, who was busy examining some of his items. It would never know, would it? It can't even count..

-

"Alright, done," The man announced, sliding forty coins off of the counter and stuffing them into his own pouch. He stuffed the rest of the coins back into the other pouch and handed it back to Vr'ak. "So, how can I help you?"

Vr'ak looked at the coins in his pouch, noting the large decrease in number. His ears and tail drooped. He didn't know it would cost that much. "Twenty-five" was certainly a lot. If only he wasn't so rough with the door...

"I want to b-buy," Vr'ak paused, making a motion with his hands. "R-Rop?"

"Rope?" The man asked. "I think I have some lying around," He said glancing around. He spotted what he was looking for and bent over at some boxes before retrieving a small coil of rope. "This good?"

Vr'ak nodded. "H-How much?"

"Ten."

Vr'ak emptied his pouch again. "C-Can you.."

"Yeah, yeah," The man counted out fifteen and pocketed them, handing the rope to Vr'ak. "Anything else?"

"A-And, ni-ff?" Vr'ak struggled. "Niy-"

"Knife," The man finished for him. He bent down and retrieved something behind the counter and placed it on the surface. "Twenty-five," he whispered to himself silently counting out thirty.

Vr'ak winced as so much money disappeared from his possession. He had so little coin left.

"There you go," The man said. "That all?"

"Y-Yeah," Vr'ak said, stuffing the few coins left back in his pouch. He picked up the rope and knife and thanked the man as he left the store. He made sure to be gentle to the door on his way out. He hung the rope on his shoulder and carefully stuck the knife under his belt and began making his way out of the village.

[-60g (spent)]
[-25g (stolen)]
[+Rope]
[+Knife]
[15g remaining]

PrincessLala95 updated The Kingdom of Evertrue with a new update entry:

Payday!

Whoop, whoop! Today's payday! For you guys in-game and for me IRL. All who have jobs listed have received their pay for the last two weeks. There are some I'm almost certain are wrong, so if there's an issue with your occupation or pay, send me a message in the next 72 hours to get it fixed.

Next three paydays:

December 31st
January 14th
January 28th

Read the rest of this update entry...

For an increasing amount of time, Thalice just sat, her hands burined into the ground. She was unsure from where these tickles came from, but her leading theory was that she had in fact connected to the plant's root network. As a child, one of the first things she learnt, was that over 90 % of the world's plants were connected using their roots, sharing nutrients, water and information about their surroundings. Thalice just sat there, perplexed, trying to interpret everything she felt. This was gonna take practise, but if it allowed her to receive and give information from and to plants, it was worth it.

She felt a series of light taps, coming from the direction of her boss' house. With heavy boots, her employer came tramping throught the grass. "Is it you?" She has stayed way over her time, she knew. But the very realization that she sensed his heavy footsteps in the grass, without looking at him, it was all so surprising.

"I just realized you ain't gotten your paycheck. Now fer the last time, Thalice! You've got to leave!" Pulling her hand out of the dirt, she accepted the pouch of gold coins he gave her. Unnwillingly, she grabbed her krutches with one arm, and his arm with the other. "[BCOLOR=#000000]Can you help me up? Can't do it on my own.[/BCOLOR]" He frowned, pulling her arm and helping her up. "Now, off you go!"

She'd have to practise. Ok, so maybe the mixture backfired, but she was not disappointed with the result.

[BCOLOR=#800080]Kera Hy'l[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]Sunset City[/BCOLOR]

Kera wakes up from the same chair she had sat on watching the moon just a couple hours ago, the sun was rising as if to greet her. She was still tired but just nodding off for couple hours was good for her. "Ugh, i really have to put an end to this..." she thought and rubbed her eyes a bit. She gets up from the chair and walks to her apartment door, she opens it and walks out closing the door behind her.

As she walks down the stairs, she takes a note that her drunkard neighbor had left already. There was a crowd of people waiting for her outside, they didn't seem happy at all. "W-what is going on here?" she asked herself, but she soon realized a possible reason for all of this and she remembered her father's words when she was beginning her training. "Never use your power in public, it will only lead you into trouble" her father had told her.

She tried to ignore the crowd and quickly escape the situation, taking a sharp turn to right at the corner of the building, arriving to the same valley that had the now broken cart of hay in it. Not having time to turn and walk around the building, she heads to the alley in a brisk pace and just fights her way through the wreck of a cart. "I have to get out of here" she says to herself. As she leaves the alley, she is greeted by crowd coming from both sides of the street. Seemed like there was no choice, there was no way out of this mess, leaving her the only possible choice there was and she had to rely on her power once again. She picks up the beautiful wooden impression of a fountain pen and runs to wall of the building on the opposite side of the street, she begins writing quickly, the words said 'crumble' and she read them out in ancient language, in an instant, the wall crumbled in front of her, forming a hole to it.

She climbs through the whole and rushes through the building that seemed to be someone home. "I'm sorry" she thought as she rushed through the door, heading straight to the forest that was located a bit to the east from the city "Now that they've found out, i can't stay here any longer.." she thought out loud to herself

Status
Not open for further replies.