The Kingdom of Evertrue

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Second Hazard]

Aros's narrowly ducked beneath a whirling scimitar, which cut through the space above his nose with deadly efficiency. The second blade came in the form of a jab to his right side, which he also side-stepped, before parrying the blade outward from his body with his own saber. A third scimitar came whistling along a downwards arc behind him, and to counter it, Aros sent both of his swords over his shoulders in an 'X' formation. The scimitar caught in-between the blades, and with a twist of his wrists it came loose from his attacker's grip. Then, with all three assailant's having just attempted to strike, Aros let loose a flurry of attacks in all directions; with his antique rapier, he jabbed at the two in front of him, causing them to retreat some, while the third behind him attempted another strike. This time, the attacker attempted to slice instead of chop, and by sheer agility Aros managed a full spin on the tip of his toes to catch the blade with his saber.

The assailant's eyes widened visibly, despite the fact that most of his face was obscured by wrappings and trinkets. Aros lunged forward, battering the single assailant with both blades simultaneously, until he dropped his weapon from the sheer fatigue of parrying two barrages at once. Disarmed, the man was no match for Aros, who expertly wove his rapier straight through the attacker's hamstring. Now crippled, and howling in agony, the attacker retreated while his two cohorts--now encouraged by the screams of their friend--charged him at once, each swing their scimitars in a downward arc at each of his shoulder blades.

They mean to literally disarm me at once. Clever strategy.

Had he any less than two swords at least one of his arms might've been lopped off at the shoulder, but the half-elf caught both blades at the apex of their arc with his own. For a single moment (locked in the embrace of their weapons) all three men looked at each other in the eyes, one after the other.

"You know, it didn't have to be this way! I really tried to be nice to you guys and you just let me down!" Aros shrugged, before lifting his feet high off the ground, and delivering a double kick in mid-air to each of his assailants. All three men fell backwards, but Aros used the momentum to perform a backwards somersault, which allowed him to get back hom his feet faster. The half-elf kicked the hilts of their blades away, and swiftly punctured both men's kneecaps with his rapier. As extremely sensitive part of the body, the kneecaps--while not a deadly target--were more than enough to leave them writhing in agony like the first assailant. Now, Aros stood silently, hardly abel to hear his thoughts over the wailing of all three of the men he had assumed to be traders. Of course, on his approach they had revealed themselves to be raiders of the desert--affirmed only by the bags of loot, and dangling skulls, that hung from their mounts.

"Frankly I just wanted to join in on all the fun singing and partying and now..." Aros looked at the men, each desperately stifling their cries and applying pressure to their wounds. "Well, now it's obvious your party is over. Kind of sucks, really." Aros casually strolled to the large lizard they had been riding atop, and ruffled through the bag of junk at its side until he pulled from it a weathered, and yellowed map. "Ah-ha! This is just what I needed!" Aros turned back at his fallen enemies, all of which were staring at him with bewildered and agonized glares. No doubt, they had expected him to kill them, as opposed to leaving them cripples. "Hey I just wanted to say thanks for the map! This desert is literally so boring, and with this baby I don't have to wait around so much. Good luck finding a hospital, and all that jazz my friends!" With that, Aros grabbed the horn he had spotted previously from the ground where his attackers had dropped it. There was still some sort of drink in it, and while it wasn't a mead it certainly was alcohol of some sort. It tasted like dirt and salt, but then again that might've been his chapped, sand-weathered tongue and less so the drink.

Unrolling the map, Aros mounted the large lizard creature, and took hold of the reigns.

No use wasting this bad boy if it means I finish this quest any faster.

"Good-bye my friends! If you ever find a doctor, tell them Aros the mighty sent you! HA-HA!"

Lilith Tokisaki
She smiled and embraced Kera gently and put her head on hers. She looked up at the sky again and thought about some stuff
You know. I lost my parents to some bandits and my siblings are somewhere I wouldn't know where. I'm all alone. But maybe that can change. Why don't you come to Dragon City with me? I got a home there and I don't think we have to take a boat do we?
She smiled and stood up again as she took a large branch. She leaned on it and walked on one leg using the branch as a "second leg"
I can walk like this. So if you want to, we can go now. I should have bandages and such in my home

[BCOLOR=#800080]Kera Hy'l[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]Sunset City[/BCOLOR]

Kera she looks at Lilith and raises an eyebrow as she looks at the girl using a branch to support herself. "You got to be out of your mind... all the way to Dragon City while you're in that state?... No, not going to happen" she says. Leaving the city was already out of question for her, she had made her decision, she will face the townsfolk if needed. "I'm not leaving my home... i'm not done here yet... i-i still need more clues..." she adds looking stubbornly at Lilith. "So you have to stay with me or then you're travelling alone" she says, giving Lilith only two choices and they were final. She didn't stay to wait for an answer from Lilith and she turns around on her heel and began walking back towards the city, if Lilith was going to stay with Kera, she would follow her, Kera knew that much.

Lilith Tokisaki
She gave a cheeky smile and shook her head hinking after Kera. She put her arm around Kera's shoulder and walked along
I will stay with you then. I don't want to lose my first ever friend you know. Especially one that is so kind and cute
She stuck her tongue out looking forward and as they walked seeing the houses of Sunset City

The desert wind had intensified as Aros lumbered through the ancient steppes, passages, and dunes of the Desecrated Desert. The beast he had stolen had been relatively unphased by Aros, as if it mattered not to the creature where its true masters were. Aros wondered if the beast was indigenous to the desert, as it moved expertly through the sand. The creature--which he had originally hoped to be docile--was perhaps the only thing in the camp of sand-raiders that he had accurately made assumptions about. The beast stopped only twice during their trek; once to eat a large, almost dog-sized, beetle from the ground beneath them, and another time to--as Aros expected--expel the beetle's husk from his rear.

According to the raider's map, the location he was looking for had been precisely six miles north-west. He knew this to me the case, as it was the only area of the map with a large, red 'X' on it, followed by a serious of crude depictions of skulls and crossbones. Several cuts also indicated that at some point, someone must've been so mad at this place, that they literally stabbed its location on the map, and repeatedly so as well. When Aros tried to amuse himself by talking to 'Molly' (his pet-name for the creature he had hijacked), the beast itself seemed to recoil at the sight of that part of the map, wildly bucking and shivering at a mere glance of what one would assume to be an indiscernible piece of parchment to a random beast.

"Well. At least they made it easy for me..." As Aros spoke, the desert wind seemed to die down, and the clouds of sand that had obscured his vision somewhat parted long enough to reveal a dome-shaped ruin not two miles from where his beast stood. Molly seemed wary from that point on, and often required a whip of the reigns to motivate her to go on. Soon enough, as the ruins around them began to appear less and less dilapidated, it was all but impossible for a massive, lumbering lizard creature to go further at all. Something about the pristine nature of some of the ruins left an unsettling feeling in Aros's stomach, but knowing that his expedition was on a tight schedule, he slid off the mount's rear. Tying the reigns to what might've once been the arch-way to the entrance of a great sand-kingdom, he patted Molly on her snout and sighed. "Alright girl. Or, boy. I can't tell really. Whatever you are? I'm going to be back not too long from now, as I'm ninety-nine percent positive I can handle whatever is at the end of this trek." Molly, as if in response, shuffled nervously in the sand, her eyes flickering beyond Aros at the center of the city.

"Alright, well that was an encouraging pep-talk. Thank you. I'm off! Don't leave without me, you hear!?" Molly sat idly in response, but Aros was already well into the narrow channels of sands-stone columns and streets now. The size of the city had preserved much of it's insides from weather deterioration, but after so long, Aros could only assume that the ruins which remained intact were but a fraction of the city that once existed there. Whole buildings remained standing, each adorned with faded (but still discernible) murals in the same artistic style as those he had noticed earlier. It was fascinating to behold, and again Aros couldn't help but wonder how such a place came to be abandoned.

"That's it, I'm leaving." Thalice has had enough. For months, her employer has just "vanished", out of the blue, or rather into it. She has not gotten specific tasks, paychecks, no response at all! And he couldn't have died. He was old, but certainly more active compared to others she knew at his assumed age. Besides, there was no trace of his body in said case anywhere. He must be still alive, just... not here. Or rather, now.

She was sick of no one talking to her, she was sick of people leaving without any trace, as for the time being, she was sick of humans in general. Plants would never leave me behind like that. The decision was made, Thalice was going to leave. Leave the town, leave the people, leave to stay in the forest, with her true friends. But she wouldn't leave like her boss did. Making her way down the main street she once arrived in in a horse wagon, she yelled at her neighbors, being nonetheless stranger. "I am leaving! Don't come after me! Sayonara! Tchuss!" Despite using words of departure from different languages, she did in no way know them; words like those she just picked up on her way.

Making her way out of the town and towards the jungle outside, she dropped her parents' gold pouch. She didn't need it anymore. She wasn't planning on eating. Ever since she mistakenly drank a Potion of infinite saturation as a child, leaving her parents over the head in debt, food was never an issue. And what concerned her legs: plants never moved far, so why should she? With her newfound communicational powers, she had literally all she needed to stay happy in the forest for the rest of her days, everything she would possibly want. Once she'd develop them enough, they'd prove to be great for detecting any change in flora, pretty much as far as the signal reaches.

[Dropped 350 gold]
[Left job as Gardener]

Last edited by a moderator:
[Hazard Three]

Hmm. That is a very large wall.

He wasn't wrong. After twenty minutes of walking along the haunting streets of the old city, Aros found himself face to face with an exceptionally large wall. The gate was wrought iron, and appeared to be held by ancient, ornate chains that seemed haphazardly strewn all over the entrance. Whoever locked the gate down had been in a rush to sever whatever was on the other side from the outside world. He had noticed similar oddities: the few buildings he entered were still filled with old pottery, dilapidated cloths, and the skeletons of old furniture. Some had pots and kettles still over long-dead fire-places, indicating that whatever drove the people out of the city had been an immediate threat.

Either way, the complete silence in the city up until that point seemed to imply that whatever he was hunting, it wasn't going t o be found on his side of the wall. Aros scratched his stubble as he brain-stormed methods for vaulting the thing, but it was easily twice the height of any of the apartment-like buildings that surrounded him. Approaching the weathered chains, the haughty half-elf whipped from it's sheath his saber, and struck at the giant rusted chain. Surely, a chain that had been under constant degradation for an untold amount of centuries would've easily torn away under the pressure of a precision strike. Instead, when the blade hit it, a series of symbols, and letters, lit up along its length wit ha bright blue glow. For a single moment, nothing happened, and then an arc of electricity came flying from the lock and straight into Aros's chest.

When he regained consciousness, the first light of day had peaked over the building tops, bathing the giant chain in a soft morning glow. Aros felt his chest, and miraculously, there was no damage: his metal chain piece had taken the brunt of the blast, and because of its conducive properties, had grounded the electricity as he fell backwards.

"Alright. Still here in one piece. Now," Aros pushed himself to his feet. "How am I getting through you?" The Dark Elf re-approached the lock, and now--after having jolted back into action, he could plainly see the runic inscriptions along the chain. Whatever put the lock in place, had not wanted whatever was inside from getting out again.

I can't break it. I can't avoid it. Damnit... Wait...

Aros moved close to the lock, examining the runes. On the inside, there did not appear to be any further inscriptions: the charms seemed limited to the exterior of the barrier. Aros sheathed his saber, and instead pulled out his rapier. After all, a giant lock meant he was going to need a giant lock-pick.
Breathing slowly, he approached the hole. Without any metal caging on his arms, he would be roasted alive by the electricity if he was wrong about the defenses. With a quick prayer to every god he could think of, the adventurer slid the rapier in between the lock walls, careful to not activate the charms on the exterior.

With one hand on the handle, and the other on the pommel of the sword, he began to feel his way through the lock, jostling its pins into place with as much finesse as he could muter. Twice the lock jammed, and while it gave him a start, he maintained complete focus: one slip up--one scratch in the wrong place--and it could be his last mistake. After several tenuous moments, the ancient lock gave a deafening creak, before it popped open all at once. Falling from the chains looped beneath it, the massive hunk of metal came to a final rest in the sand before him. The chains began to hiss; their enchantment no doubt reliant on continuous connection--a connection now broken.

Stepping over the mess of machinery, he gave the massive gate a double-handed heave, until the seemingly stalwart impasse gave way.

Alright... now time to find this prey of mine.

In the middle of the handicrafts district of The City of Kruvaria…

"Hello?"

Ermeline knocked on the darkened window of a fancy dress shop. There was a sign on the door noting its status as "closed", but she was hopeful somebody could still be around. After a few minutes of silence, however, she gave up and decided to look elsewhere.

The wind blew fiercely through the lane, messing up her long, brown hair. Sounds of the bazaar carried through the air, distant yet still as overbearing as the afternoon heat. A ginger cat skulked into a cool, shaded alley – Ermeline wished she could do the same, but she had a mission. Shops lined either side of the stone-paved road, all eerily quiet. She passed one or two still open, but they seemed to be staffed by only a few workers, none of which seemed particularly busy. Stopping to gawk at an intricate jewelry storefront, a young man rushed out to greet her.

"Hey, there! Are you looking to order some custom jewelry?"

Ermeline shook her head.

"Oh…" His face fell.

"Sir? I'm new here in town… Why are all the shops closed? Is this festival of artisans really such a big deal?"

The man's eyes widened. "Oh, certainly! The royal household keeps an eye on the event, as do all the nobles. It's the place to go to showcase your skill and receive orders for your goods. Most stores close completely and go all-out for the festival, but a few, like mine, stay open in case materials arrive or a buyer comes looking for us specifically. I was hoping you were one, so I could have something to do…" He kicked a loose stone across the street.

"Well, if you want something to do, could you help me find a tailor's shop looking to take on apprentices? I could really use the help."

"Oh, no, I can't leave my post…" He thought for a moment, "but I can direct you to Mrs. Delmurne's shop the next street over. Should still be open; the lady doesn't like the festival much. She's harsh, but a decent woman. Been good to me in the past. It's a long story…"

The young woman extended her hand. "Well, someday you'll have to tell it to me! Name's Ermeline. Ermeline Harper."

The man took it. "Jack Arnlaugr. Good luck!"

Not long after, Vr'ak finally found himself outside of the village. Not much marked the boundaries of the village besides the fact there were no more houses after a certain point. At this point, the small plains to the south of the village began.

Here, there wasn't much vegetation. The plains seemed gray and almost lifeless. The slightly hilly area was covered in a thin layer of short, dull grass. There were a few full grown trees, though they were all bland and almost seemed sick. There were mostly bushes and saplings sprinkled around, most of them thinning on leaves while a few were completely leafless. Apparently this particular area did not fair well with the cold, even if it wasn't that extreme.

Vr'ak approached one of the dry bushes and began snapping off twigs and branches. This would certainly be useful for his trip. He was able to make a decent few traps with just some firm sticks. They weren't the best, but they still got the job done when they got the chance. With the rope and knife, he'd be able to make at least one another decent trap. Vr'ak pulled the rope off of his shoulder and began tying up all the sticks and branches into a bundle that he could easily carry under his arm. Once done, he continued his little journey.

Every once in a while he stopped at another bush or sapling to collect more sticks, but otherwise the path to the forest was largely uninterrupted. The forest was some distance away, even if he could see it from here. The area was flat enough to allow that, and the forest's trees tall enough too. The distance didn't bother Vr'ak too much, though, he didn't mind. The walk was peaceful and pleasant, despite the slight chill in the air. He took the time to daydream a little bit, but he was eventually interrupted.

As he walked, his foot kicked at something hard. He heard a little thunk as his foot made contact and heard the thing roll away on the grass. Vr'ak looked down and saw a small log. Vr'ak paused and bent down to pick it up. He examined it curiously. It was a short, plain log cut from a small tree. Vr'ak wondered where it came from and looked around bemusedly. He realized that he had somehow completely missed a pair of fading ruts in the ground, indicating some kind of cart must have passed through some time ago. Perhaps woodcutters coming back from the forest to resupply the town. The log must have fallen from the cart during the trip and the woodcutters had not noticed.

Vr'ak paused for a moment. He had not done whittling in a while, and this certainly looked like it would do the job. He wasn't sure if the knife would be any good with this, but it was worth the try. He dropped the bundle of stick and loosened the rope holding it, giving space to fit the log in the bundle. He was going to keep it, and he would see if he could trying whittling it later.

Vr'ak stood back up, feeling a little happier, and continued to the forest. A long walk later, he finally arrived at the forest edge. The trees were certainly tall, taller than the ones he had seen at home. The forest underbrush was thick, making it difficult to navigate through. Vr'ak considered the forest for a moment before taking a deep breath and hefting up the bundle under his arm. He pushed aside part of a bush that stood in his way and entered the forest.

He wasted no time getting to work. He began setting up traps around the area, most of them the same kind. Once or twice he came across a small body of water, which he would work with to his advantage. He had learned animals frequently gathered at places like these to drink. He hoped the same rule applied here. He dug holes around the water, large enough for small critters, but deep enough so they couldn't get out. He put twigs across the surface of the holes, using them as supports for leaves and other vegetation he would pile on top of. For an animal, this practically made the hole invisible. Vr'ak was satisfied with the quality of these specific traps. The dirt walls crumbled well, meaning that small critters would find it quite difficult to get out.

For other traps, he spent some time wandering the forest, looking for berries and other candidates for bait. He used his stronger sticks to hold up large stones, heavy enough to be lethal for smaller animals. The stones were held up precariously, and it would be quite easy to accidentally knock out the support. Bait under these rocks would lure animals to commit this mistake.

Another trap would require some length of rope. A more complex trap that one of the elders had taught him back home. He set up a trap that, when triggered, would be able to snatch up an animal in a near instant using the rope. He carefully put a good amount of bait near the trigger. This was the one that Vr'ak would stay nearby to watch.

It took a good part of the day to get all of this done, but he eventually finished it. Once he was satisfied with the amount of traps he had set up, he settled down near his rope trap. He made sure to stay far away enough to not spark the interest of anything that might come close, but still close enough so that he could see it. He hid himself behind some bushes and found a little gap in the leaves where he could peer through. He spent his time working on the log that he had found, testing whether it was good for whittling or not. He experimented a little using the knife he had, and found that it seemed to somewhat work. The knife was not something he would use, but it still technically worked. He worked to peel all of the bark off of the log and considered for a moment what he wanted to do.

What he usually made were other gnolls of his tribe or animals that they had hunted. He had not seen much wildlife here yet, so he didn't know what to whittle, but it didn't matter too much. He wanted to try something new. He felt it would be good to celebrate his arrival on human lands, and decided to start whittling a little house.

These houses were one of the first things he took notice of when he arrived. They were beautiful compared to the usual huts he was accustomed to at home. He loved how large and intimidating they were, he loved their sloped roofs, and he loved how they were made from wood rather than furs and leathers. He hoped that maybe one day he would get one of his own, but for now he was going to make do with whittling one.

He decided to put his skill to the test. He had whittled a lot back home, and he had gotten very good at it, but he had not done much with it. He whittled images of animals such as desert cats and hawks, but they weren't realistically rendered. They were tribal cartoons, as it were. This time, he wanted to do something realistic, something well and nicely detailed.

He paused to glance at the log a moment, turning it over. The house would be small, he'd be able to carry it in one hand, but it would still be a good size. He wouldn't have trouble implementing details. He set to work, merrily whittling away the time as he waited patiently for his traps to do the work.

Bailor's senses were odd. Every now and then they would catch finite sounds of something off even in human form. She heard something drop off in the distance. She looked at the elf caring for her grandmother and who still seemed to be contemplating her request.

"Excuse me for a moment mrs. Lyn. I have something that i have to check in on. "

Bailor grabbed her harness that her grandmother had given her. It changed sizes with her as she changed into fox form. It was originally used for transporting herbs and to hold the seeds when planting. It was easier to dig as a fox so her ability came in handy for her grandmother's work. Now, she usually just used the harness for carrying coins and small random things. She thought of how ready she was to be away from the elf and her companion. They were likeable people of course, but after awaiting a response the lingering silence was tweaking her nerves. This seemed like a good escape.

She headed out the back door into their garden and strapped on the harness before changing into fox form. Bailor climbed the fence and followed the trace of where she thought she heard the sound. She had smelled this person before, but they hadnt been in town very long. Their smell was not that strong. But it was strong enough to lead her to where they had dropped their coin bag. She picked up the small purse and burried it under a tree on the edge of the woods, but only after getting a good whiff. It smelled of strange herbs and berries. The young fox's interest was peaked. Maybe she could l e arn a bit more from this person. Maybe they would help her expand her knowledge enough that Lyn would take her under her wing for a job.

The trail scent grew stronger. Bailor knew the new one must be close by. She looked around until she spotted her. She seemed to be a fair creature. She sensed a strong and unnatural bond between the lady and the earth around her. She slowly creeped closer until she was just close enough to watch the wanderer from a fair distance.

Diodora Warthunder
Sapphire City

Diodora noticed Allora's pain at even walking. This caused him to have a couple doubts about whether or not she could manage this job. It would be tough, but he did think she could do it. If she worked hard enough. He wasn't going to let her walk the rest of the way injured like that. He scooped her up into his arms and held her gently, but securely. He was careful to not hurt her anymore than she already was.

First damn day and you run into an assassin who breaks your arm and leg. You have fantastic luck. My life would have so much more excitement if I had your luck, Allora. Oh, and don't even try protesting the fact that I'm carrying you. This is the most efficient way as we will not be slowed down, and you will not be in pain from trying to walk.

Diodora was near the guards entry to the castle. He approached and saluted the guards at the entrance, and then walked through with Allora in his arms.

Allora

Diadora may have thought Allora would have protested, but she remained strangely silent. She was too proud to admit that she needed assistance. Not only would walking there be painful, but a bad idea, as it could possibly only harm her worse.

"Well, it's not really my leg so much as it is my heel..... You know me... fragile as ever..... next time i'll be ready though.... it wasn't my fault I wasn't expecting him to barrel into me while I had a sword to his throat...... God this hurts..... Two weeks... then i'll be all systems go... I guarantee it...."

Having trained her powers for some time before leaving town, Thalice was able to interpret what the nearby grass told her when Bailor came. Someone is nearby, she thougt to herself. She dug her fingers a bit deeper into the ground, trying to get a full overview of who or what this was. That... direction. Very light, either a child or an animal. In the case of the latter, Thalice would have to either scare it off, or bribe it to leave using food or something. She sat still, not turning in the direction of the visitor, hoping not to break her facade of not knowing. Although, as she saw it, she would have to aknowledge whatever was there to establish contact. She picked one of the few fruits lying next to her, from the fruit tree in her employer's garden. Turning towards the bush the intruder was hiding behind, she held the fruit out, hoping whoever was there to fancy it.

"Hello? You want a fruit? It's very good!" She didn't know much about most animals; offering it a fruit was a pure guess. If it was in fact an animal behind the bush, she could but hope it was herbivorous. If it was a child, who would resist such a sweet fruit?

Bailor poked her head around the corner of the bush. The fruit the stranger had offered smells wonderful. There was a strong sweet scent. She debated going forward. This fruit was unknown, and although it did not smell poisoned, the over powering smell of sweetness may have been deceiving. She also didn't really know this person. But if she wanted to know what more about what she needed with plants and such, she would have to interact at somepoint. If only she could stay in fox form around her. Then they wouldnt know that she was only 15. Then maybe they would be willing to teach her.

The small white fox slowly crept towards the person. The fact that they even knew she was there was incredible and she didnt understand how they detected her. But she would. She would learn everything. Besides. They were more likely to confide in her not knowing her age. She went up to the person and the fruit and sniffed it. Then she sat in front of them. Their legs seemed inoperable. The young fox looked at them with her head cocked sideways, then looked up at the stranger in question.

Thalice let out a relieved sigh. "So you aren't hostile after all." Looking into the questioning eyes of the white fox, she laid the fruit down in front of it. "I do know what you are, however. And that is very pretty. For an animal, wow." She didn't expect getting a response, and she hoped she wouldn't either, as this was the first time she actually called an animal pretty.

"You like this fruit? Got it from this very tree," she said, pointing at the large tree behind her. "Bitter Kousa, it is ironically sweet, but in no way harmful, other than possibly causing a light stomachache." For the time being, she didn't mind talking to a fox. At least they could give some form of response, to her being the only manner in which animals were better than plants. Whenever not using her hands for anything specific, Thalice would at all times keep her hands buried into the earth, gathering other information on the area.

[BCOLOR=#800080]Kera Hy'l[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]Sunset City[/BCOLOR]

She blushes a bit as she gets called pretty, she had never been complimented before, mostly because she didn't communicate with townsfolk if she didn't have to. "M-me? P-pretty? No i'm not..." she says smiling, the fact Lilith called her pretty meant lot to her.

As they reach the city, she looks around to see if anyone had noticed her arrival and luckily the street was empty, she quickly pulled Lilith along with her across the street to small alley and she snuck to other side of the alley to check if there was anyone on the street, for her surprise the street was empty, only some stray cat hanging around at the corner of the building, the same went for her home street, it was unbelievable. "W-where is everybody?" she asks, not expecting any answer though.

EASTWAY BLUFF
KALIVOS TOREN

Kalivos leaves the pub hours later, he nearly trip over a rock, "damn rock..." curses at it, "I guess its a bad idea drinking so much with your belly empty, now where I did left the cats food?" even when the cat isnt his, he couldnt resist taking the leftovers, mostly bones, skin and fat, and carrying them back home.
Staggering thorugh the dark, empty streets the darkelf reaches home "... oh man... that beer was stronger than I thought, or they put something into it?, no, they wouldnt have let me go... or...?" Kalivos take a look outside, checking if somebody had followed him "... looks like having a belly full isnt good for my nerves... or maybe its because that guys I did?, nahhh... that never bothered me before, why would bother me now?, they were scume, like me, if I didnt killed them other would have, as I see it, I just did a community service... four.. they where four? whatever, four, five bad guards less in a city full of them, nobody gonna miss them!"

Kalivos looks around, looking for the cat, he isnt there "... guess he went to eat too, well if he didnt find something I have dinner ready"

Bailor sniffed the fruit that the lady placed in front of her. It seemed pretty harmless, so she took a small nibble of it. The sweet taste of the not so bitter Kousa spread through her mouth, filling her with delight. This was much better than the poorly spiced food she was use to. She ran and scratched on the tree to see if thalice would be able to retrieve her more. She wanted to take some home to for her grandmother. But she remembered the strangers legs. There seemes to be something off. She walked over and gave them a sniff and a small lick. Bailir saw this as an opportunity to show the kind lady that she knew a bit about herbs. She turned and grabbed a soft herb used for healing. She gad forgotten the name, but her grandmother always kept a bit in her harness in case she fell or got a scratch. She layed the herb on thalices lap hoping that she would understand that she was knowledgeable.

Poppy
Blue River

Poppy collapsed onto the floor of her new house. There wasn't any strength left in her tiny body to even look at all her wounds and injuries that she incurred during the course of the trip. It's been nearly five weeks since she ran away from home. Five weeks she'd been on the road, sleeping in the forest and living off the land. Looking back there were several towns and cities she could've stopped at. Even if she didn't settle down there, she could've at least stopped for a few days to attend to her wounds and injuries. Trained in medicine it would've only taken her a quick trip to an herb shop to buy what she needed to heal herself, but even that was too much. Poppy wanted as much distance between her and her own "home" as possible. She would've kept on walking if she didn't hit water.

Poppy retrieved a mangled blanket from the backpack she was using as a pillow and curled up underneath it. The next day she would need to get a job of some sort. It was finally time to stop running.

Upon noticing the fox scratching the tree, Thalice instinctily grabbed for a small glass in one of her large pockets, and opened its lid. "A weak poison," she explained. "Should just be strong enough to make the tree drop the fruits." The poison was, to her knowledge, not strong enough to kill living beings unless in large mengths, and would make the tree, not to get them poisoned, let go of the sweet fruits, for the fox's liking. When Bailor dropped the healing herb in Thalice's lap, she gained suspicion.

"Oh, you're a smart one, aren't you? I thank for the help, but you'll need stronger means than that." With that her interest, and insecurity, was triggered. A fox that could differentiate between herbs? No, seemed too suspicious. Something was afoot. At first, Thalice did but think it was some form of shapeshifter, disguising as a fox, following which a horrible realization came to her: she had just called an animal, or shapeshifter of whichever sort, pretty, to its concious information. Her head sank. Never would she admit to anyone calling an animal pretty, it just was so unusual to her.

She tried to get a grip of the situation. A fox that she a moment ago, to even her surprise, called pretty, just laid a healing herb in her lap, which should be outside the abilities of a fox. At least whoever this was knew a bit about herbs. Thalice had no clue in how to approach this. She stuttered, struggling to take control of the situation. "I... You... Shape... shifter...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.