The Kingdom of Evertrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well. This is... awful."

Aros waded through the sand, a tired and bored look plastered on his face. He had spent hours trudging through the midday heat, and only just arrived at the first landmark he had seen in the distance. Underneath a jagged, stony arch was the entrance to what may have once been a gulley in more fertile time. Now, it was a rocky canyon that slithered on beyond Aros's immediate vision. That meant more walking.

I am so bored of walking. At least in the gorge there were exciting moments. This... is this even an adventure?

For a time, he lumbered on through the pass. His only solace was that the sand became thinner in the canyon, as the pass was protected on both sides by its sloped walls. In fact, after a point, the floor became covered in small pebbles, dried weeds, and mud instead of sand. The change went unnoticed to him for a long time, until his foot sunk into some mud, causing him to trip unceremoniously into the dirt. "What in the hell... wait. Mud?" Aros's eyes widened as he realized the implications. Mud meant water. He wasn't dying of thirst by any means, but it certainly would be nice to have a drink after all his walking. It began to dawn on him that there was no water in sight however, and soon he perceived encrusted finger-marks in the mud as well.

This was laid down here on purpose... but by who?

"Hello? Is anyone out there?!" His words echoed off the canyon walls twice before he tried again. "HELLO?!" Nothing. An excited chill ran down his spine, as he realized that maybe--just maybe--there was an adventure to be had yet. "Guess I'll have to find you myself!" Aros laughed, pulled his foot from the mud, and charged onward. He was careful to scan every ledge and outcropping for would-be residents of the canyon. He mused that, if the caravans came this way, perhaps their assailants were in this pass as well.

The queen's questions brought a thoughtful smile to Leander's face. He nodded politely, going on to answer her. "I was born in Glymn City, yes. It was later, when I was a young lad of fifteen years, that I was sent to Mount Sartrand to be trained." Still, he could hear the master trainers' voices shouting, pounding words into his memory to be embedded there forever. He still heard them every time he fought. Block, hold, advance, strike. It made him long to feel the leather-wrapped hilt of a sword in his hands again.

"You were born there yourself?" He asked curiously. Leander dared a long look at her face, trying to uncover any memories of where he may have seen her before. He tried to imagine her in the earthy tones of Sartrand clothes, with her hair down and no jewelry on. A faint memory stirred in his mind; one of swirling dust, clacking wooden swords, and a glimpse of a girl who distracted him just long enough to lose the match.

"Perhaps you'll remember me." He cracked an easy smile. "My name is Leander Crownsend, your majesty. I started training there nine years ago, and I graduated with honor two years later." Leander bowed politely as he finished his introduction.

Truth be told, he did long for the position of knight. Not for the fame, the glory, or the money. No, those things could be gained and lost in the blink of an eye. What he longed for was the courage he felt, and the knowledge that he was doing something good for his kingdom. Knowing that other people were safer because of him made his heart surge with pride. He hoped that somehow, knights were needed here in Sapphire City... That he was needed here.

Clarice smiled towards him as she listened to his story. She admired the fact that Glymn City, despite all the oddness in the place, still respected Mount Sartrand's academy and the prestige of the trainers and warriors there. She had heard her father tell of many students from Glymn City, who had sent to be trained as knights and soldiers. Unfortunately, it was rare that they opened up about their home. The secretive and paranoid culture of Glymn City had certainly taken its toll on most, and Clarice was surprised to see how open Leander was with her.

"I actually never trained at the academy. My father worked as a trainer there, and my late brother studied there, but I myself didn't. I don't know what my parents intended for me, actually - if they planned to marry me off, they waited much too long, but they never really trained me in anything other than reading and writing. My father never trained me to fight, my mother never trained me as a healer - it was really quite unusual," she said softly. She paused for a moment to think. Maybe her parents had simply known she was destined for greatness, and had opted to let destiny run its course. There were plenty of seers and fortune-tellers in the Kingdom, after all. She would have to ask the next time she spoke with them.

She turned her attention back to Leander, smiling warmly at him. "As for your employment, we have a few options. The trouble with giving you a position as a knight is that you will literally find yourself with nothing to do...without any major need for them, as Evertrue is mostly peaceful right now, most of our knights simply work as guards, though some of them just sit at home and relax. So you could be given a position as a knight, but you'd have nothing to do. I could give you a position as a guard instead, if you wanted - the guards are highly active and have many responsibilities, so you'd certainly have plenty to do. Or, of course, I could give you a position as a knight and assign you guard duties on top of that, but there's not much of a point in that," she explained. She wasn't sure what it was about being a knight that he desired - perhaps the knights in Glymn City had different duties - but she hoped that one of her suggestions would work for him.

With the matter of the newcomer handled as Clarice distracted him from his accusations towards Kiera, the witch decided to take her leave. She was quiet, moving from the throne to the doors as the Queen and the man spoke. She left just in time to hear him comment that he hailed from Glymn City, a surprising thing to Kiera. From what she knew, the people of Glymn City were secretive and tended to keep to themselves. What was one of them doing here in Sapphire City? Whatever the matter was, she knew the Queen would handle it. She was a good woman, that Queen.

Kiera moved through the castle, heading down the hallway until she found a grand and elegant staircase. A smile crossed the witch's lips and she gently grasped her skirt as she began making her way up, holding the skirt up just enough that she wouldn't trip over it. She dropped it again once she had reached the top, beginning to walk along the hallway. The library...where might she find the library? She intended to hunt it down herself, not wishing to resort to the help of one of the Queen's assistants.

The hallway was lovely, with paintings every few steps - most were portraits, likely of the King's ancestors, but some weren't. Kiera recognized one as the mountains to the South, and the plaque beside another labelled it as a painting of the University in Telia. It didn't take her long before she finally pinpointed the library - the doors, just like those of the throne room, were massive and elegant, with carvings and engravings. Rather pleased with herself, the witch headed inside.

The library was massive, spacious and stunning. The shelves seemed to stretch on for miles; the room had to be at least six times the size of the throne room, and the ceiling was unbelievably high. How anyone could reach the books on the top shelves, Kiera was uncertain - she saw a ladder, which was likely intended for those who weren't fairies. She herself wasn't too keen on the idea of using the ladder to reach some of those high up books, but luckily, she didn't need to; she had brought her own books along with her, in her bag, and simply needed a quiet place to focus.

She sat down at a small, round table and pulled out the book that she knew would address the issue of the spell's apparent failure. Green? Lime green, of all colours? The hue had been bright and electric, and undoubtably green. What could that mean? She opened the book, revealing pages and pages of blankness. She flipped backwards through the book, through the blank pages, until she reached a section near the middle - not quite halfway through - which did contain writing. The notes were written in two different scripts, and it appeared to be a notebook or a journal rather than an actual book of spells. From within her bag, Kiera pulled out a lengthy quill made of a black raven's feather, the tip of which had been dipped into a blue dye to give it a mysterious tint which could only be seen when the light hit it - which, in this spacious and exquisite library, was often.

Performed a charm of maternal struggle. She went green. Bright, utterly festering lime green. Advice? Kiera wrote in the book, just under the last line of text, which was in the same writing as she'd used just now. She set down the pen and gazed intently down at the book, as if waiting. Waiting...now it was just a matter of waiting for a response. She closed her eyes and laced her fingers together. Elbauthin, the Mortal God...in a world of great evil and darkness, I try my hardest to do good...to help the worthy and pay no heed to the wicked, as you have always taught me... Kiera spoke in a soft voice, under her breath, silently praying to her deity. But there are those who do not trust me...my motives have been drawn into question...please, grant me the blessing of your aid soon - before the one I'm trying to help begins to doubt me herself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Arlathina
Lyn seemed to be contemplating Bailor's request for a job. As good as her senses were, she couldn't read a human mind and therefore had no idea what she was thinking. Maybe if she laid out some herbs and gave explanations of what they were and how they are used. She knew picking up on how to mix potions would be no big deal for her. Maybe Lyn wasn't even taking as long as it seemed. The anticipation just seemed to slow time. But all she wanted was for time to go faster.

Allora

Allora frowned slightly, and with a disappointed look on her face, nodded, though the look was hidden by her hood. He was the senior officer after all, no use in arguing with him. She sighed and then looked back up at him, smiling once more.

"Alrighty then, where to first? We need to pick up where she was last after all."
He smiled at her as he held out his arm to usher her forward. She was the investigator. Wherever she wanted to go, he would follow as her observer and guard. Though, they could not split up right now. It is time to see what the rookie can do.

Ahhh. My dear, it is up to you where we go. We must go together, however, you are the investigator. I’m merely here to make sure you don’t get killed or step over your bounds. I’m also supposed to teach you some things, however, that comes from experience more than anything else. So, where we go is up to the investigator.

He eagerly awaited the rookies first move. He was also interested in this witch. It did bother him, how open the queen was. She made their jobs as guards all the more difficult. Though they could not sway her from her ways, so they just to be extra cautious when they could. Like right ow, investigating things of this nature on their own.

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Just waking up, Thalice picked up her k torches and went out to her garden. Until she'd be able to do anything with it, the sight of weeds growing uncontrollably was what she had. Not that she minded, those were plants as well. If only they had the effects she looked for in a plant. Knowing that the only thing she'd have time to plant, was a mushroom, she picked one out of a pocket. She held it gently, knowing that pressing on the wrong place would make it burst. She held it up towards the sky, then flung it down on an empty spot on the ground. It bursted, releasing a puff of spores into its immediate surroundings.

Having arrived at her recently acquired workplace, she knocked on the door. A faint "Yes, yes, I'm coming" was heard from inside. The old man opened. "Well, if it isn't Thalice, the plant expert." She didn't question this remark, he was her boss after all. "Come on in, I've got some work fer ya!" She followed him through his house, having slight trouble keeping up. Once arriving in his garden, Thalice was amazed. Row after row of great and small plants, each more colorful and, to her knowledge, powerful than the next.

"I'mma get you a few tools, darlin'." The man turned back to his house, leaving Thalice wordlessly staring at the garden. As is her technique, she sat down in approximately the middle of the garden, looking at the overflow of plants around her. Could use some water. This must be trimmed. Oh, could make a potion out of that. Without even noticing her employer had dropped a few tools next to her, Thalice kept inspecting the plants, slowly moving along the rows as she finished those close to her.

Allora

Allora nodded in reply to Diadora's statement, and began walking forward, when suddenly a passerby grabbed her by the hsoulders, leaned in close, and whispered something that only Allora could make out to her, something which made Allora pale. She turned back to Diadora, and placed a hasty smile on her face.

"Right, uh... the castle then... sure... to the castle..."

She sounded lost in thought as she turned on her heel and walked away towards the castle she had lived in most of her life.

The queen's words were carefully considered by Leander. He nodded slowly, taking in the information one bit at a time. She explained the pros and cons to different jobs in the city, and Leander found himself frowning at the idea of inactive knights. No knight of honor, in his opinion, would be able to stand staying at home, wallowing in riches. They should have been standing proud in the castle; ready to serve the moment they were needed. But perhaps, here, they were considered more like soldiers, or those who would fight in a war. They were not a constant presence.

"You are very fortunate to be living in a time of such peace that the knights aren't needed, my lady." Leander spoke his thoughts eloquently. "It does sadden me to hear that they have little to do. In Glymn City, the knights were more like.." He paused thoughtfully, trying to think of a way to describe it. "The immediate guard to the royal family. They were they ones who were entrusted with those who were most valued in the kingdom." The trusting atmosphere in Sapphire City was, still, astounding him. The fact that Clarice wasn't surrounded by at least ten armed guards literally made the man uneasy. Leander couldn't help but think that someday, someone would use the queen's kindness against her.

"However,"" He continued. "My intention is to be of the most help possible to Sapphire City. If I will be able to do that best as a guard, then I will gratefully accept such a position, and thank you for both your time and your understanding." Leander looked around the throne room, taking note of the fact that the king seemed nowhere to be seen. Nor were any guards. He wondered where the ruler was, and why he was not there to accompany the queen. In fact, other than a few guards who stood t the doorways, it seemed that the queen was alone. No, wait. His eyes fell on a lady in waiting who appeared to be with child. The woman was quiet and earthy in appearance, and Leander hadn't noticed her at first. Still, a lady in waiting, especially pregnant, could not defend Lady Clarice. Was no one afraid for her protection? Surely, no city was that safe.

Oh, he needed to stop worrying so much. Perhaps he had already adopted a feeling of responsibility for this place.

Refocusing his attention, Leander put his hands together and nodded firmly. "When may I begin?"

Clarice gave Leander a smile. She was relieved that it was work and duty he wanted, not honour and that feeling of being special. It irritated her that Phillippe selected such egotistical nimrods to serve him, but as long as he was still technically in charge, there wasn't much she could do.

"Well, there is some paperwork I'll need to fill out - both for you and for the girl who was here earlier, Allora, she's one of the guards as well..." Clarice paused. Since Phillippe had fallen ill, she'd had no need for the paperwork that he had processed for new additions to the royal guard, so where might those papers be? "I suspect the paperwork is in the King's study. I'll have to get it later in the day; I believe my husband keeps the key with him, so I'll have to see him at some point when he's awake..."

It came as a relief to Clarice not to have any more paperwork to complete quite yet. She still had to finish going over the plans for the servants' quarters, she had some meetings - and, at some point, she needed some lunch. "If you head into town and visit the blacksmith, he'll be able to craft you some royal guard armour," she said. "Guards can carry the weapon of their choice, but I request that you not use it unless absolutely necessary. At some point later tonight - after I've fetched the paperwork from my husband's study - I'll have it sent to you so you can complete the part you need to fill out. Just send it back with the servant that delivers it and you may begin work in the morning."

Just as she finished speaking, the small door to the side of the throne room was flung open and a servan stepped in. As the servant rushed forward, a man appeared - as if out of nowhere - clad all in gold armour and standing between Clarice and the servant. His sudden appearance caused Clarice to let out a surprised gasp before a smile came to her lips. "It's fine, it's fine. She's new, she works here," she said to the guard, who shot her a wary and almost annoyed look before disappearing into the very thin air from which he'd come. Clarice looked towards the servant girl and gave her a warm smile as well. "Just give me a moment, sweetie, let me finish with Leander here and then you may have my ear," she said, relieved that the only person lined up behind Leander now was a servant. Perhaps she'd finally be able to get to work on reviewing those papers.

Furrow received a guest, rather than a customer. The fellow gryphon told him of an enchanted book that may aid him in his smithing. It piqued Furrow's interest. So he packed up for a long journey. His first stop is Cublain Village. He collected his gear.

acquired STEEL SWORD, 2 MEAT, 5 FRUIT, 2 BOTTLES OF MILK, 2 LOAVES OF BREAD.

He stuffed it all into the backpack. Besides the sword. "Eos! Time to go!" the fire bird was quick to bound out of the furnace and dive into the backpack. Furrow glared at her. "no. Out." the bird made a heartbreaking whimper of a sound. "don't make me dump water on you." she got out of the backpack just as fast as she had gotten in. Furrow opted not to say that their destination was an underwater maze. At least she wouldn't have to do the swimming. Furrow closed up the backpack, and put his sword in the sheath on his back. He went outside, locking the door to his forge, and took off.

EXPEDITION START: Great Maze of Water.

Allora

Allora nodded in reply to Diadora's statement, and began walking forward, when suddenly a passerby grabbed her by the hsoulders, leaned in close, and whispered something that only Allora could make out to her, something which made Allora pale. She turned back to Diadora, and placed a hasty smile on her face.

"Right, uh... the castle then... sure... to the castle..."

She sounded lost in thought as she turned on her heel and walked away towards the castle she had lived in most of her life.
Diadora stopped and looked at Allora. He had been doing this for a long time. She could not fool him one bit. Something that the stranger just told her, was bothering her. She would need to be much much better before she could hide something like that from him.

Allora. What was that about? I have been doing this for a long time, and you are not fooling anyone. Especially me. SO, please share.

Diodora stood smiling as he waited for the young elf to tell him what had just happened. If obviously affected her somehow. Her speech changed, as well as his demeanor. Which meant whatever she was told, was important.

KALIVOS TOREN
EASTWAY BLUFF

"Meowwww..." the cat had been calling out for almost three hours, the sleeping drow had tried to shut it out covering his head with the dirty, smelly pillow. "You are asking for it kitty... cat aint so bad when you season it right..." of course he had eaten cat, worse things too, but he knew that he wouldnt dare to do that, since arriving here that dirty, skinny cat had befriended him, his only friend in this strange, but still wonderful new life that he was trying to make for himself.
"All right, all right, you win..." the drow stand and goes to open the door so the cat can get in, "here you go, happy now?", as an answer the cat walks around like a victorious king.
"So? it was a good night?" the cat didnt even look at him, busy cleaning his paws and head. "You know?, sometimes I wish you could talk, and then I remember how much I hate people yapping".
Kalivos move the bed and lift a plain, smooth stone, under it rests a tin cup, he shakes it "not enough to buy a loaf of bread, much less beer, Im gonna have to work..." with a grim smile he unsheat a slim blade from his wrist and taste the edge with his finger, a slim red line appears where the blade slide. "Hope you wont be needed, but still I havent killed in a long while, drows have their needs, you know? ". The cat keeps cleaning himself oblivious to Kalivos speech.

Allora

Allora's gaze focused in on Diadora, as if she had been looking straight through him before.

"What? Oh.... that.... It was well..... A personal issue.... Something pertaining to my parents.... Elves.... apparently that person was from the land of the elves...."

Her eyes slid out of focus with the answer, and she turned on her heel once again and started walking towards the castle once again.

The gnoll took a deep breath of the pleasantly fresh air and let it out in a happy sigh. The large impressive beast looked around the place, examining several of the houses that surrounded the roads.

He still couldn't believe that he had made such a long journey successfully. He was still a little dumbfounded that he had actually made it to a human community. It was very different to what he was accustomed to indeed. After all, he had never before wandered so far from the tribe. He had never seen this many humans in one place either, as they rarely came across the tribe.

He was glad that he had been, at least partially, accepted into the community. He had overlooked the possibility that humans might treat outsiders like his own tribe did, but thankfully they didn't. He certainly seemed to get a lot of strange looks and several people had run away from him, but it seemed to be much less of a problem than it was when humans wandered into the gnoll camps.

Vr'ak took another breath of the fresh air before pausing to recall what he had planned to do the morning previous. As he had quickly learned, the land had a strange system where they used these strange "coins" to obtain food and supplies instead of trading. Vr'ak took out a handful of these coins that he had and studied them, curiously.

It was strange. What good were they? They were pretty, he supposed, but food was far more important. His tribe would never have used these coins, but it was no good judging the humans for this. It was how they functioned, and if Vr'ak wanted to adapt, he would have to use these coins. And to survive, he would have to get more.

The lifestyle of these people was much more complicated than it was in the village. He was not aware that so many jobs could exist, and he simply didn't know how to work at any of them. The most he knew how to do was to trap, and he was aware that the humans likewise needed meat.

The only issue he was finding was guessing where exactly he would "get" a job related to hunting. Did he just get furs and meat and sell it to random people for coins? Was there a person he was supposed to hand them over to and they gave him coins in return? He simply wasn't sure. So, he decided to dedicate this day to figuring that out.

He strode off from his random position in the middle of the road and began searching the village. He wandered from house to house, briefly glancing at them and awkwardly greeting any people that passed by him. He still had difficulty with the language, since he didn't have much time to practice. He imagined all the strange glances and angry glares were because of his weird accent. It didn't matter, he was sure he'd perfect the language in no time.

As he walked, he quickly realized a smell was beginning to assault his nostrils. He paused curiously, his ears twitching with interest as he inhaled the smell. He quickly realized it was not just one, but several smells, and so many of them were meat! Surely, he was smelling where they stockpiled the meats, and surely he could get a job there.
He wandered at a hurried pace, keeping his head up a little and his ears back as he concentrated on tracking the delicious smells. Eventually he reached an area where the smells were the strongest. There were several people standing behind structures similar to wooden desks and many of them seemed to be brandishing and displaying all sorts of meats and other foods. Perfect.

Vr'ak chose one of the stands at random and approached the man who took a step back as his eyes began widening at the sight of Vr'ak. Vr'ak felt a slight irritation at this reaction. He hadn't even heard his accent yet, and he was already judging him.

"H-Hello," Vr'ak stuttered. "My... name Vr'ak," He introduced himself with a sudden shift in tone as he switched from a uncertain thick accent to a perfect and confident pronunciation of his own name. Vr'ak politely waited for the man to introduce himself. He didn't. "Uh," Vr'ak continued, uncomfortably. "I.. kill an-a-..." He stopped, suddenly remembering he wasn't sure what the word was.

Unfortunately, the man seemed to only recoil at Vr'ak's pronunciation of "kill." His eyes widened further and he took another step back.

"I kill..." Vr'ak continued. After some brief thought, he gave up and pointed a finger at the meat the man had on display. "I, kill... for d-this."

The man desperately pushed some of the meat toward Vr'ak, accidentally dropping some on the ground. "T-Take it! J-just take it!"

Vr'ak cocked his head in confusion. "W'at?" He stared at the man bemusedly, unsure what this gesture meant. "I wan… need coin," Vr'ak tried explaining.

Before Vr'ak could continue with his explanation, the man began desperately emptying his pockets and tossed some coins on the counter. "Here, take it and leave, please!"

Vr'ak looked at the man in alarm. Oh no, was he accidentally asking the man to give him this? "N-no no no," Vr'ak said hurriedly, pushing the coins and meat back toward the man. "I wan-"

Before he could continue an angry voice called out from behind him. "Hey!"

Vr'ak turned and saw an angry looking man glaring at him. "W-huh?"

"I'm calling the guard!" The man shouted. "You stupid animal, you just came to this village to steal our food!"

Vr'ak's ears flattened and his body tensed briefly. A glare crossed his face, as he considered the man who insulted him. The man's confident frown faltered briefly at the sight of the angry gnoll. Vr'ak took a step towards him and leaned toward his slightly, to get closer to eye level with the shorter man. "I-If you attack me, then you'll really be in trouble with the guard," The man warned, his voice clearly giving away his increasing terror.

"I- not stealer," Vr'ak stood straight and took a step back, restraining himself. "I'm not steal meat. I'm try to get coin. coins."

"Wait!" Both angry man and Vr'ak turned to glance at the man standing at the meat stand. "Are you saying you're a hunter?" He asked slowly, the man having considered what the gnoll had just said and compared it to what it had said earlier.

"Yes!" Vr'ak said quickly and eagerly, his ears standing up in excitement. Finally, someone understood him. "I kill t-d-this," he pointed at the meat, "for coins!"

"Oh good lord," The man said, pressing a hand against his forehead in weariness as he drew up all the coins he had tossed out. He stuffed the coins back into his pockets and leaned to one side as he looked at the man behind Vr'ak, "It's okay!" He assured him, "Just a misunderstanding."

"Hmph, if you say so," The man said, trying to regain his composure and pretend he was still brave. He hurriedly walked away and disappeared into a little crowd.

"Okay," The man at the stand said, looking at Vr'ak wearily, "So, what exactly is it that you want from me?"

In the center square of the City of Kruvaria...

“Pastries fit for the queen herself, five gold!”

Life moved fast in the city, and Ermeline found it hard to keep up. Her new friend wove expertly through the crowds in the plaza, dodging the instrument salesmen and the purveyors of fine jewelry, while she barely managed to keep his coattails in view as she bumped and jostled her way through. Apologies were impossible to hear over the chants of merchants, so she eventually stopped giving them.

“The finest long swords – just look at that detailing!”

Somewhere between the man selling his voice for coin and the young boy offering to sketch any customer for “only” ten gold, Ermeline suddenly found herself surrounded by people, but hopelessly alone. Her only friend had been swallowed up by the crowd, along with her meagre belongings.
“Hey! Hey, uhm…”
She didn’t even know his name. Would he notice he left her behind? Tears started to well up in her eyes, but she’d already decided that tears were no longer welcome. She took a deep breath and started looking around.

“Fancy a toy for the young’uns? We have the best in mechanical devices to astound your child!”

A ways down the aisle, a tiny sparkle caught her eye. As she approached, one sparkle turned into a few twinkles into a million flames dancing before her eyes. Ermeline reached out a hand, utterly bewitched by the substance, so soft in her fingers, so light as if it wasn’t even there.

“Enchanted fabrics here! Silks, chiffons, velvets—Oi! No touching the merchandise!”

Ermeline started. The stall-keeper glared at her. She let the fabric flow from her grasp sheepishly.
“Sorry.”
“What are you… errand girl? Quit slacking and tell me what you need or piss off.”
She looked up at him with wide eyes. What a rude man!
“I was just intrigued by this… this… what is this?”
“Didn’t you hear me yelling? Enchanted fabric! This one’s fifty gold a yard, though I highly doubt you’re buying.”
Fifty gold a yard! She visibly recoiled.
“And that’s not the most expensive one, honey. Now scurry off to your master before you’re missed.”
She almost did as he requested until she caught herself. She thought for a second. Now, seeing as this was a fabric stall, perhaps she could turn this misadventure to her advantage, though she loathed to stay near this man for much longer.
“Sir? I’m new to the city, and I was wondering… Do you know of any tailors looking to hire apprentices? I’m a hard worker, and—“
“Hah! So you’re one of them, eh? Spent your life savings to get here, eh? Think you’ve got some talent, EH? Ha-ha-ha! Piss off.”

Ears red, laughter ringing through them, she turned and bumped right into the belly of her driver.
“Ermie! Thought I lost ye there! Oi, what’s the matter, little one?”
Ermeline shook her head and shoved into the crowd once more.
One day… One day she’d show him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dio grabbed Allora’s arm and quickly twisted her back around to face him. He had on a serious and stern look upon his face. He removed his helmet and held it under his arm, against his ribcage. His wolf ears were pinned back against his head, in light of his current mood. He was not very happy with the little elf.

Did I not make myself clear to her? We are partners now. Her problems are my problems, and my problems are her problems. We must trust each other to protect each other’s lives in this profession. She is going to be a stubborn one, I assume.

Allora, we just discussed this. I may be your commanding officer, but I am still your partner. Your life is just as much in my hands, as mine is in yours. I am trusting you, counting on you, to watch my back. What you just did, can not happen. My problems have become your problems, if they affect our duty. Your problems have become my problems, if they affect our duty. It is mutual trust. Whatever that elf said to know, changed your mood and your actions. Your speech even became affected. It distracted you, which has made you less effective. It is therefore my problem as well. So I will ask again as your partner whose life you must protect. What happened?

He had let go of his stern tone near the end of his speech and took up a more soothing tone. He kneeled so that he was at eye level with the beautiful elven girl. Whatever was said to her, had bothered her, and they needed to figure it out, and get on with their work.

Having worked as a gardener for tha old man which haven't yet been willing to give her his name, Thalice has watched as his plants, and the few he let her plant with the seed she brought, grew. As for the garden by her own house, it did but stay as uncontrolled weeds since she stayed so much at her employer's, with the only exception being the mushrooms she planted. Among the plants in her employer's garden were a few fruit trees, whose fruits ripened this time of the year. It wasn't Thalice's intent to farm and sell food, her wish was to grow plants with special medical abilities. In fact, one plant in the garden had the significant ability of rapidly healing any injury not healing by itself, when used correctly. This was the main focus of her earlier studying. As soon as this bulb-like flower bloomed, it was her one-way ticket out of not being able to walk. If only the man, the owner of this entire garden, would let her.

For now, a few fruits would have to suffice as the harvest. Thalice hummed, taking a thoroughly inspecting glance at each and every fruit. "This one's nice. This is a little young. Ooh, another ripe one." Again supported by her krutches, she streched out her thin hands, and pulled down the only two ripe fruits.

Aquired (2) Fruits.

"Thanks," she whispered to the tree, before returning to caring for the other plants. If she one day would be able to use the magical healing effect of the soon-to-be sprouting flower, travel would be much less of a burden, and she'd finally be able to explore faraway areas- Deadly Marsh was a target, many poisonous plants are said to grow there. If only she'd own this garden.

Last edited:
Allora

Allora's eyes once again slid back into focus on Diadora. The scolding hadn't seemed to have much of an effect on her, simply because she was too lost in thought for it too.

"It was nothing really, just something
I reminded the elf of. Apparently back in the land of the elves, a small well know healer once had a child with astounding red eyes and skin so pale that she couldn't be left in the sun for long, without getting sunburnt. I guess we can't say if it was me.... but it still bothers me.... quite a bit... CAn we go now?"

"Nothing personal mate." xeron muttered as he stabbed a man in the back with his small blade "just business." He caught him as he fell, and dragged him into the space between buildings he was hiding in. He carefully sat him against the wall, making it seem as though he had passed out. To add to the illusion, he pulled a bottle of mead from his satchel and laid it next to him. "That oughta buy me some time.. Dont want the guards finding out. Especially here, in sapphire city." He exited the alleyway, putting on an act of nonchalantness. He normally didnt take contracts in the capital so close to the castle, but he decided to make an exception this once. He had been dying to see the city again. Too bad he wasn't paying attention, and had unwittingly walked right into allora. "Ah, pardon my carelessness miss."

Status
Not open for further replies.