The Kingdom of Evertrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asaka "Raven"

Asaka turned and stared hard at the fairy, and gave a little chuckle at the reply.

"I mean exactly as I say fairy, 'ow much do ya enjoy water? Ya like to swim? Ter bath from time to time?"

Laughing, Asaka turned away and sat down in a chair that she pulled over, then she kicked her feet up on a nearvy counter and placed the jar beside it.

"How old are ya anyways eh?"

Charlie fell quiet at the sight of the sandstone city, just staring at its large mansions and the odd, central building which vaguely reminded her of several large lollipops twisted around one another. She had never seen such grandeur in her life - not even the wealthier quarters of Eastway could compare to the opulence that radiated from Bratus. Despite being very high above it, Charlie suddenly felt very small and insignificant - no-one here knew or cared about anyone from Eastway. She felt like an intruder in the lives of kings and royals, someone who would never manage to reach this level of society no matter how much she tried. Upon looking at Aros' back again, Charlie briefly wondered if he was thinking the same.

The descent was painstakingly slow and Charlie felt incredibly nauseous from looking down, so she simply stared at the small of Aros' back until the Pegasus came to a trot towards the gates. Already her mind kicked into action as she tried to think of some excuse, but the guards opened the doors for them - did they really look so fancy? Charlie tried her best to sit up straight and not look like she was going to slide off or vomit as she passed the guards. Another thing that surprised her was the fact the stablehand simply let them in, no charges, no renting. In this sort of heat, it would probably be stupid to make the owners pay to keep their horses alive, pondered Charlie.

And that's when it hit her - the heat. As a werewolf grown up in the mountains, Charlie had never experienced this kind of heat before and it hit her like a physical wall. Suddenly, she felt very stupid for buying chainmail, and even more-so for not packing any burn poultices just in case sunburn would be an issue. The moment the Pegasus stopped in a stall, Aros hopped nimbly off whilst Charlie slid off, stumbled, and sat down on the floor as she pulled a fact and put a hand over her mouth. She did not say a word or move until she was certain that she wasn't about to lose her dinner.

Once they were on the move, and just as Charlie wondered how long Aros was going to keep quiet, her travelling companion suddenly burst into speech excitedly. "Have you ever seen so clean a place? There are hardly any people walking these streets too! I've been to some strange places but this takes the cake..." Charlie inspected the place critically before responding with "...Yeah, if someone cooked a meal on these cobbles - and I wouldn't put it past them, it's absolutely boiling here - then I'd eat it. I wonder how they keep it so tidy?"

Whilst she envisioned leagues of little maids and butlers coming out every morning to dust the whole city clean, Charlie suddenly realised that they were wandering seemingly aimlessly around the town. For a while she kept quiet about it, assuming that Aros knew where they were headed, but her curiosity got the better of her. "Uh, where are we headed exactly? I mean, this place is beautiful and all, but I'd like to get out of the sun and find...I don't know, a map, something so we don't get lost."

KALIVOS TOREN
EASTWAY BLUFF

Still sitting Kalivos try to quell the growing desperation in him, "too soon to be desparing, they havent touched me yet, just need to wait, bid my time and take advantage of his mistakes, if only could take this damned blindfold!, I cant see where Im, or if theres something that I could use to pick the locks!" frustrated the darkelf bump his head against the wall, soon he regrets having done that as his head begins to hurt again just when it had calmed.
"Dinner time" the healer come in, the darkelf smell the succulent smell coming from the tray, some broiled fish, rice and some vegetables "such generosity, back at home, all that a prisioner could hope to eat was the bugs and rats that littered the cells"
The healer opens the door, the keyring striking against the cell bars "a keyring, surely he keeps it in his belt"
"I see that you could sit yourself, good for you, Im gonna take off your blindfold" Kalivos try to not smile as he heard that, "wonderful, just what I needed, only a few minutes to survey where Im and what I can use"
The healer put the tray on the floor and then take off the blindfold, the darkelf blink a couple of times as the light from the lantern burn his still sensitive eyes.
"Hmmm much better, dont move" the healer grab his head with one hand and with the other pry open one of his eyes and then the other "your eyes are nearly healed, I was afraid that you would end up blind"
"Afraid?, why? isnt like you or you captain would have need of my sigth, you will take off the chains?" the chains rattle as he move them.
"No, you can eat with them on, the captain wants you with full health, I do as he orders and that include having your sight back, now eat and dont try to trick me, I will be here watching you" as he said that he leaves the cell closing it afterwards.

AVRAM STROM
EASTWAY BLUFF

Lutter keep trying to convince Avram to join the fight tournament with him. Avram told him why he didnt wish to join him.
"All you need its some practice, you already have the basics, some training and you could be the surprise fighter of the tourney, beside, what are you gonna do?, from what you have told me, you dont have money, dont have were to stay, even if you want to leave the city you will need money"
"I... I can work, Im strong, I can work, earn some money and then..."
Lutter interrupt him "work?, here? in the city?, good luck with that, theres no farms in the city, and if you want to work loading stuff?, no one will hire you, you aint a local, and even if they do hire you, they will be paying you just enough so you dont starve to death, and the local workers guild wil be all over you trying to take the few coins that you will be earning, you will become like everybody here, just making enough to have at least one meal every day, but, but if you join me and win enough fights, you will be making more than what a local worker can earn in a full year, just for fighting, something that you already know and, maybe, enjoy!"
"I dont enjoy fighting, that part of me died long ago, but you are right, I need money if I want to stay here and find who murdered my friend"

Last edited:
@conman2163

Zoey Gem

The fairy chuckled with the elf but remained in her spot at the furthest edge of the jar. Feeling her legs growing tired she sat down. She was not use to standing for long period of time and knew it would not be long before her wings would itch from inactivity. She wanted to get out so badly but she could not break now. She had to remain smart, focus, and ready for whatever trick this elf was going to pull.

"I am not particularly fond of bodies of water bigger then a puddle."

She folded up her knees and then wrapped her arms around them to pull them to her chest in order to fight off the urges to attempt to fly in this jar.

"Puddles after a raining day are the most fun."

Then she lowered her chin behind her knees thinking how to answer the next question. She was not sure if she should lie to try and get more pity. She was very young for her kind of Fairies. She new fairies who have cared for the forest for hundreds of years. She was actually the youngest fairy back when she was in the forest and has had. Though it had been several years since she had been free from that orb, she would still have been considered a child compare to the others. She used to hate it all the time except for now.

"I... I don't know how old I am. I have been trapped inside the crystal by the human for so long... I forgot."

Though the statement originated as a lie, it quickly became the truth for she truly did not now the exact year. If she had to guess she would say around 30 but that is a lot of time to remember for a young mind like hers. She looked around at the jar, recalling the feeling of being trapped inside of the crystal. Everyday was a nightmare were all she could do was count the seconds before the evil man would rip her magic from her body. How the pain was the only thing that would flood her head for hundreds of years.

Her head ducked behind her knees and she, unknowingly started started talking again.

"When every second of your life is filled with either horrible magic pulling out your energy in painful jolts or the anticipation for the next time it would happen, when you can never see the light of the sun or the glow of the moon. When you can't move anything but your fingers and toes because you are stuck in a tiny crystal ball and can't not even see the world behind you, when you lose hope for freedom even from death, you forget about things like age, home, others. Instead all you are filled with is hate and despair. Slowly you change to a monster who can kill people without remorse."

Memories of the crying Fredrick as his body was being crushed by her stone flooded her mind and turned her stomach.

"I use to take care of a forest in a land I can't remember. I knew the age of every tree, the cracks for every pebble, even the home of every flower that grew up in my forest. It was all like the back of my hand." She raised her hand and a tear rolled down her face. "I can't remember any of it. Now my head is filled with every second that human used me. Took my magic to hurt others." She raised her head to look out the glass. Her eyes locked to the left of the elf's direction but the fairy. She remembered hearing the cries of the first person to fall to her power. "They think I did not know. They think I could not remember." she raised her head with a tense expression on her face. "I knew it all. My magic was meant to care for the forest yet it was violated. Tainted by the blood of other creatures who showed no malice to my home. The earth cried as the human mold it into dozens of graves. It cried and cried for years until... I could not hear it anymore. Like the dead bodies of its victims which it was forced to swallow, it grew cold and silent. It forgot who I was just like I forgot every rock. Like I forgot every road used to escape my forest. Like I forgot..."

There was a pause. The fairy's head returned to her knees.

"When I was freed from that human. All I could think about was the pain and hatred. It mattered not that I was free. All that mattered was that I took from him what he took from me. My magic was not meant to hurt people, yet I dragged him to his death. I forgot who I was while laughing and smiling. I smiled not knowing what my home was. I smiled not knowing what I was. I smiled not knowing what my name was. He made me smile though. His misery, his torment, his hopeless pleas for life."

Her wings started to itch from inactivity. It burned yet there was nothing she could do. She grunted before laying down on her back. She moved her wings to try and alleviate the pain but it only worsen it. Her body knew what it wanted and would accept no less then the wind flying between her wings. Resting them flat along the bottom of the glass she just lied down ready to give up. There was not point in fighting the much bigger elf. There was no point in trying to escape. Sooner or later, she would be caught or worst, thrown into the sea to be eaten by a fish. All she could do now was wait like before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Jelly
Aros barely could hear Charlie speak over his own fascination with the few denizens he saw walking the street: most wore elaborate garments woven of multi-colored silks, and decorated with patterns of varying complexity. Almost immediately, he was seized with a familiar yearning known to men of his ilk alone. For the most part, it appeared those walking along the immaculate sidewalks were coming from the center of town, where the strange construct Aros had seen from above resided.

"Uh, where are we headed exactly? I mean, this place is beautiful and all, but I'd like to get out of the sun and find...I don't know, a map, something so we don't get lost."

Eventually, Aros's refocused on the task at hand. In truth, he had no idea where he was going. He had no name or contact to pursue, but he had been directed to Bratus. Living in the moment had its drawbacks and this appeared to be one of them. The dark elf turned to his companion and said, "I haven't the first clue where we're going, but I suppose finding a map wouldn't hurt..." Aros cursed himself for not thinking sooner about a plan, but he wasn't going to allow his tenuous grasp on the mystery to be broken.

"I suspect moving towards the center of town may yield better results. It appears these mansions are private property, and I doubt the sort of people who can afford security like this are open to door-to-door inquiries." Aros spotted a billboard not too far ahead, and casually made his way towards it. The desert sun was sweltering, but by nature--and by experience--Aros didn't feel the need to collapse in exhaustion. Perhaps his sense of urgency contributed to his resilience, but either way he was energized despite the odds.

After reaching the board, Aros did indeed find a map posted upon it. Strangely enough, on either side of the sign, two guards clad in leather tunics and indigo sashes stood mute. Their eyes were on him, and as Aros reached for the map--which in Eastway was casually lifted all the time--the men lowered their decorative spears across the board, the blade nearly nicking Aros's fingers. It would've been funny to him if it wasn't so ridiculous. He raised his hands in mock salute and added, "Fine. You win." to which both guards responded by resuming their natural positions.

From what he could tell, the whole town was a vacation getaway: ninety percent of the city was private residences, restaurants, and parks. However, the large structure in the middle appeared to be some sort of shopping center: like a market, but entirely indoors.

"I saw we move to the center of town. I have an itch I need to scratch in this market-place, and I have a feeling the men I'm looking for probably don't have any kind of permanent residence here. If they were just passing through, I'd imagine the market might be the best place to look for them."

Asaka "Raven"

Asaka listened as the female fairy spoke, shuddering and remembering her own hardships before she had met the urchins. She had a family once, until someone took it away from her..... The difference between her and the fairy though, was that Asaka hadn't broken underneath all of it. The effort of staying alive hadn't destroyed her. She also seemed to have forgotten in the midst of all of this that she too loved forest creatures like this fairy had, though not quite so in depth. Hell, the fairy itself was a forest creature.

"You..... you couldn't be lying.... not with a tale like that."

Asaka opened the lid to the jar, and threw away the lid.

"Get out of here...... Go, before Alice comes back."

Reactions: Radio Jelly
@conman2163

Zoey Gem

Was this a trap? The fairy looked at the elf who suddenly had a change of heart after hearing her story. While it was true that she did not lie, it was too easy. She beat her wings slowly rising out of the jar. Standing hovering out in the open air she buzzed around, laughing as the air passed through her wings.

"You are really letting me go after all I have done? This isn't a trick is it?"

Asaka "Raven"

Asaka shook her head. The fairy didn't believe her? Asaka had no reason to keep the fairy in a jar now. She sighed, then looked directly at the fairy.

"Of course, now get out of here. You're pathetic, and it reminds me too much of my past."

Asaka turned around, looking away from the fairy, wanting it to go away.

@conman2163

Zoey Gem

She could not believe it. To think she would be free. She flew out the door but it was not over yet. They were still out over water with no land in sight. While she could try and find her home, it would be futile. She remembered nothing, not even what kind of trees where in her forest. Her oldest memory was that of working for that traveler as an enchanter and finding out she was not just an earth fairy.

Then she got to thinking, maybe this was fate. Maybe she was never meant to be a earth fairy and was suppose to do something bigger with her powers. Maybe her encounter with this elf and human group was fate. She flew around the ship as a bright tiny light looking for a place to hide. Eventually she she found a loose plank which allowed her to hid within the ship.

KALIVOS TOREN
EASTWAY BLUFF

Kalivos eat while the healer watch him. The darkelf dont mind it, at the moment he cant do much and the fact that they are so afraid of him somehow make him feel proud of it. With the chains on, he has some troubles as his hands didnt reach his mouth but after a few tries he manages to eat with some ease. He devours the meal like if there wasnt a tomorrow, after all it was the first solid food that he had in several days.
"Can have another? Im still hungry" he asks still chewing the food in his mouth.
"You are sure?, think you can with it?, I warn you, nobody are gonna come to clean you cell if you start puking or something worse, and dont forget, tomorrow Captain Lucien will start questioning you"
"I know, your captain wil need me strong if Im gonna make his -questioning- worthwhile, didnt?, bet he didnt gonna like if I tell him all he wants without even laying a hand upon me"
The healer sighs as he approach to the cell "Your choice then, slid the dish through the bars, then walk back, Im not taking it unless you do what I say"
With half smile Kalivos do what the healer has asked. As soon as he slides the dish he walks back until his back is against the wall.
"This is far enough?" the darkelf asks amused with the reaction from the healer.
The healer didnt answer, just take the dish back but does it like if a snake was about to bite him. With the dish in his hands he turns around and leaves.
"And some more water!, you dont want me choking to death because my throat its dry" Kalivos wait to make sure the healer aint gonna come back suddendly, with his fingers he picks two long fish spines from his mouth. "Too bendy and brittle to be used as lockpicks, but still I could use them"
The darkelf put the spines in his pocket, "come on, hurry, Im still hungry!"

AVRAM STROMM
EASTWAY BLUFF

Lutter rub his hands after hearing Avram "Good, good, I thought it woulda be harder convincing you my friend!"
Avram leans back "Dont rub it too much, I still could refuse this madness, luckly for you I dont have too many options, even if I want to leave this shitty town I would have need of gold, so, I have my hands tied"
"Ok, Ok, sorry, its just that you are, by far, the best prospect I have had in years, all my other fighters went with other trainers or end up dead or worse..."
Avram rub his chin "dead or worse, very enlightining, could tell me a bit more about it?, I want to know what to expect"
Lutter looks nervous so much that he had to pour more wine into his cup and then drink it all at once.
"Sure want to hear it? its not a good tale" Lutter says looking at him.
"Dont worry, Im too old to get scared, besides I dont have too many options, so start talking" Avram reaches for the wine bottle and pour some more into his cup.

Last edited:
KALIVOS TOREN
EASTWAY BLUFF

The healer had come back with another dish, but this time he just put it near the cell and left leaving him alone. The darkelf took the dish pleased that he was left unguarded.
"Too soon to be so careless, mostly knowing how strict and annoying its that captain, a test maybe?, surely hes behind the door expecting me, anyway Im not gonna waste my chances doing something so stupid, no, I will bid my time even if that means getting a bit bruised or cut, not that I havent been thorugh that before"
The darkelf eats his food slowly, taking his time chewing and even licking his fingers, but his eyes move all around the room, darting up, down and around it. "i dont know why these guys bothered having me blindfolded and shackled, this place dont have anything that I can use!, this gonna be harder than what I had thought"
Finished with the dinner, Kalivos now take sips of water while play with some of the fish spines on his mouth. "I should be more at ease now that I have something, besides that awful potions, in my belly, could be that Im... scared?, of them?, wel its been a while since I got caught like this, much more since I had to escape from a prision, then that it? Im scared? of him?, such a shame, a darkelf afraid of some lowly humans, afraid of having his face pulped with fists and bots, of having his flesh torn with?, how low I have sunk, I gonna have to remind myself of whipping myself when this is over, not even the lowest of the slaves would have such thoughts, you have shamed yourself Kalivos Toren, you have to make up for that!"
The door is then open and the healer come in "Did you say something?"
The darkelf smiles at him "just that Im done and that hardly can wait to have a chat with your captain".

AVRAM STROMM
EASTWAY BLUFF

Avram and Lutter have been drinking until the bottle its nearly empty, they have talked about what they did before, even as Avram has kept for himself some of his past activities.
"So, how we are gonna do this?, I dont think you are gonna throw me to another fight just to have my skull crushed like this time".
Luter laughs as he takes another sip from his cup "ha! of course not, yeah its exciting for the crowd, but your career would end quite fast, even a guy like you has his limits, taking beatings like that in every fight would end killing you or leaving you with your brain like a dish of mush"
Avram interrupt him rising his hand "I get the picture, no need to be too explicit or you are gonna make me change my mind about this madness"
"Ok, Ok, but dont worry, we wil start slow and nice, lucky for you Im well know so you aint gonna need to start in the fringe fights, that fights are very bloody, fights that dont end until one of them dies, you may not belive it, but the official fights have rules, its very rare that one of the fighters dies"

Last edited:
KALIVOS TOREN
EASTWAY BLUFF

Even when he knows that the next day will be painful to say the least, the darkelf sleeps even when the shackles and chains didnt let be in a more comfortable position. His jailer, the healer, didnt even bothered to put his blindfold again. "Didnt wanted to risk handling me alone? or just thought it wasnt necessary?" Whatever it was it made him more comfortable being able to see around, being blindfolded made him think that he was blind. Being blind was one of his personal terrors, having seen so many slaves, disgraced nobles, etc., being blinded by the priestess and then thrown to the streets to make a living as beggars, he would rather die than having to endure something like that. Hopefully the captain wouldnt start with the eyes, he still needed some time to think how to get out of that cell.
Still the darkelf fall asleep silencing the voice in his head. But sooner than what he expected he hears voices and steps coming.

"Its all ready?, the instruments?, the restraints?"
"All ready, I spent the night cleaning and making sure everything was like you like"
"ahhh, an early riser, the captain make his entrance, and I expecting to catch some breakfast before begining, too bad" as fast as fast as he can he sits back so the captain didnt find him resting on the floor.
Soon he can hear the sounds of keys and the door begins to open.
"Ah, good morning captain... Lucien?, thats it? I have troubles remembering human names, its like trying to remember a dogs name"
Kalivos smiles seeing how the captain try to hide his disgust.
"You are already awake, good, good, then we can start early, I like to begin early so I can have a meal at midday, we are gonna escort you out of the cell, please, please resist us..."

EDITING

Status
Not open for further replies.