The Kingdom of Evertrue - Sign Up/OOC Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I just found out that my spreadsheet isn't a current version - the last batch of characters aren't listed on it, and quite frankly I can't be bothered to fix it all right now, I'm just not awake enough. So I'll finish updating the character list, then I'll reorganize it by activity, then I'll do payday, and then I'm going back to my Netflix. Megapost will come later today...I'm off all day, I have time.

@Unyielding Yes, if it's part of your default outfit.

• Thank You
Reactions: Unyielding
@Unyielding Yes, if it's part of your default outfit.
YES. The most important part of being a pirate is the hat. Arrggg

Now if you would excuse me... I am going to rob somebody for 1 gold coin... just because I can. Imma be like

GIVE ME A FREAKING GOLD PIECE.

And if they try to give me more. Im going to rough them up and demand i take only 1 gold coin.

Us pirates have to mix it up a bit.

Also, a side note to everyone who's made a new character...you do not get items in your inventory to start with. That's just not how it works. Your inventory starts out as "empty" just like everyone else - you get a starter home, a starter set of clothing (it can look like whatever you want, but you just get one), a starter set of shoes, and a starter weapon (the one you specified in your preferred weapon section). That's IT.
Alright, I'll change what I wrote for that. XD

The character list has been updated. It occurs to me that I forgot to change the reference date but just so you know, the entire month of March thus far counts. Active characters are ones who have posted so far this month, since we're two weeks in. Payday has also been performed.

I ask that everybody checks their character information and lets me know, either here or in a PM, if there are ANY problems. Seriously. If you have an occupation that isn't listed, let me know. If you have earned or spent gold that isn't listed, let me know. If any of the links in your characters slots are faulty, let me know. If you've completed any expeditions and they or the treasure you got from them are not listed, let me know. I need to know these things.

From now on, for any of the above matters, I ask that you let me know when it happens. Therefore, any time your character:

• earns gold (not including regular payday)
  • spends/loses gold
  • obtains a new item
  • changes their equipped items
  • obtains a job
  • loses a job
  • does an expedition (please also tell me what they got from it)

You MUST post here in the OOC thread saying the changes that have been made, and you MUST tag me in the OOC post. I will be adding this to the rules shortly. This will guarantee that even if I miss something skimming over the posts, I will know to change it ASAP.

So i'll just wait for your mega post @PrincessLala95 simply because it concerns your charter, and with the other person whom has a character nearby MIA, your the only one I need to wait on. Other then that, i'll just be on stand by, gotta go mess with this thing called physical activity now, so i'll disappear for a while, but rest assured, like a school of hungry piranha's, I am waiting to swarm in the water at the first scent of blood.

@PrincessLala95

I stole 5 gold from this guy. I also stole a Cutlass from this merchant and named it Gallows Diplomacy (which i have equipped)
What kind of weapon would you like me to list? Should I list it as a rapier?

rogue_by_i_guyjin_i-d6zcy93.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:[/BCOLOR]
Lorne Einulf

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]26[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]DOB:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]March 13[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Species: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Wolf/Human[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Height:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]5'5[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weight:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]145 lbs[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Orientation:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Straight[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Home city:[/BCOLOR]
City of Satocan

[BCOLOR=transparent]Physical description:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Lorne considers himself an averagely handsome young man, brown skinned with black braids that cascade to about his shoulders. Although he is quite the lightweight, don't be fooled by his small size. His muscles are well toned from rigorous training and hunting and is rather quick on his feet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He has an angular oval face with a semi-pointed chin and defined jawline and accompanied by a round nose that's been broken one too many times. flanking his nose are a pair of deep set narrow almond shaped crimson eyes that give him a glaring look. Low hanging eyebrows that curved sharply towards outer edge of his face only adds to the menacing look on his face. Thin lips are surrounded by a goatee.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Lorne is unable to fully transform into humanoid form. Lacking the ears you would normally find on a normal humanoid, he has a pair of red wolf ears that protrude from the top of his head. From his lower back, just above his butt is black wolf tail. His canine teeth are sharper and slightly longer than those of full blood humans.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](refer to image for clothing)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality traits:[/BCOLOR]
Lorne is a relative reserved man. quiet and self keep, he prefer to lay in the cut and observer those around him before he full commit to jumping in. Often enjoying his time alone but this doesn't stop him from craving the company of other people, like most social creatures. Lorne sometimes even finds himself yarning for the company of a companion, if you catch my drift. Although the thought of settling down does, for some reason startles him.

Even with his reserve nature and harden exterior, Lorne is actually a nice guy once you get to know him. Caring and sweet even if you manage to get close enough. His levelheaded mentality allows him to keep his composure even in the most situation, but like most normal creatures his emotions can still get the best of him sometimes. A strong will and a iron determination often keeps him set in his ways of things he believes strongly in, but he can be persuaded but only with solid reasoning behind it.

Lorne kindness isn't something that should be trifled with. He doesn't take kindle to those who betray him either, showing no mercy when cutting them down.

(i could probably add more to this but my mind id frying lol, i feel like i'm contradicting myself so many places )

[BCOLOR=transparent]History/bio: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Lorne is originally from The Sapphire City, where he lived for most of his childhood. His father, William was a human and his mother, Adelina was an anthropomorphic wolf from a nomadic tribe. Though how they meet is a question Lorne never asked and one he never really cared for. His father was a member of the city guard who mostly oversaw the training of new recruits. His mother worked from home as a Seamster. Although they wasn't the most rich family, Lorne's parents wages combined allowed for them to live a comfortable life. At Five years of age Lorne's father began teaching Lorne the art of sword fighting. Adelina also showed him how to hunt and how to get close to prey without being noticed, since both of them are nearsighted and was inefficient with a bow at long range.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At the age of seven, Lorne's father was serious injured during a routine patrol with some trainees, forcing his early retirement. Unable to find suitable work, Lorne's family left The Sapphire City and headed for City of Satocan where Lorne's father became a fisherman. Five year later Lorne's father ship was caught into a terrible storm, where his father was thrown overboard and was never found and was presumed dead. Unable to cope with the lost of her love, Adelina fell into a deep depression and stop doing her work most days. With their saving quickly drying up, Lorne turned to the life of thievery and piracy to support him and his mother. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills/abilities:[/BCOLOR]
The Unseen Blade is the Deadliest: Lorne is trained and highly practiced in the art of stealth. If he doesn't want to be seen, odds are you'll never know he's there.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Deft Hands, Fine Tools[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Agile fingers come in handy for picking pockets, locks when required and apparently magic tricks.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aspect of the Wolf[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Like all wolves, Lorne's eyes are better adapted to seeing at night and optimizes to easily detect motion. His hearing and and sense of smell are also much more then developed than a human.[/BCOLOR]

Full Moon: At a whim Lorne can transform between Humanoid and Wolf form (Note: the orange is actually gray and the black is red)

[BCOLOR=transparent]Preferred weapon:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Reinforced Side Sword[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Length: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]36 inches (including hilt)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Note:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The last four inches of the tip from into a shape similar to a rapier and is reinforced for better armor penetration.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Notable features:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Who (if anyone) invited you to Evertrue? [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]No? Does someone have to invite me? will i be deemed a outcast if i wasn't invited?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Deuteranopes: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Being partially color blind isn't the biggest of deals in day to day life, but if you ask him what color something is don't expect it to be right 90% of the time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Myopic:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Or near-sighted. Lacking a fovea centralis, Lorne is unable to focus his vision at great distances. His vision begins to blur beyond distances of 150 feet or so during the day.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
not to butt in on this or anything, but a cutlass is an actual style of blade, if you want to classify it into a category, I believe it would be considered a shortsword. rapiers are more...stabby...while a cutlass is meant for slashing/cutting =^.^=

Reactions: Unyielding

not to butt in on this or anything, but a cutlass is an actual style of blade, if you want to classify it into a category, I believe it would be considered a shortsword. rapiers are more...stabby...while a cutlass is meant for slashing/cutting =^.^=
my 2 cents on the matter

a cuttlass would be classified as a saber.

Sorry for intruding

This actually would fall in the category of a rapier, as most rapiers are actually Epee's

@PrincessLala95

Actually, I have an interesting question, is it possible to steal horses and other modes of transportation like ships instead of purchasing them? Not to say that I would do this, but i'm just curious if said stolen items would be placed into the belongings of the person who stole it or if it would only be a temporary thing.

@conman2163 Of course you can steal stuff. It would be considered belonging to whoever possesses it atm.

@Lorne Einulf Your character's awesome, he'll be accepted once you get the history/bio filled out. Deft hands fine tools, eh...? I personally think that's the most important perk offered under the Secrets branch...

A cutlass is like a machete used that has multiple purposes like cutting ropes, people, and other things you might find on a ship. As such i don't think it is a rapier. I Too think it is a short sword

...are you guys telling me that I need to make more sword types...?

@Unyielding No, you can only get what's available there. If you're looking to go on an expedition that offers a crossbow as a reward, you'll have to wait until a looted expedition location respawns and see what appears.

@Lorne Einulf Ugh I only play that game all the damn time. My current playthrough is a Qunari mage whose goal is basically just to mess everything up. I actually just finished Trespasser for the first time yesterday with my third Inquisitor, a warrior Trevelyan, and absolutely bawled my eyes out...

@PrincessLala95

Not quite sure just when you plan to post, but I plan to post in the morning. If you'd like me to wait I can, but the whole Alkura and Johnathan thing is very much far form over.

Status
Not open for further replies.