The Island (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching as the rain hit the deck of the relaxation area, Emilia sighed. "Just my luck." She quickly made her way towards the cafeteria seeking shelter. Noticing how many other people were there, she pulled a seat close to a window to watch the storm. "Right now I could be at home watching a show, or even better, relaxing." She mumbled to herself. Ignoring the people around her, multiple thoughts ran through her head. "What if the captain was wrong, we could run aground, or even worse... into another ship. And that apparent magnetic field could disrupt certain systems, right?"

"Bye Mister Enrique." May said with a little wave. "I would take you to our room, but I don't know where it is." April said to May, taking out her phone to call her aunt, but when she tried to turn the device on the screen went all weird. A concerned look crossed April's face. "Hey, do any of your phones work? I need to call my aunt."

Sasha looks into her pockets. "Oh damn it, seems like I forgot mine in my room. It is strange that the phone doesn't work, but maybe it is normal here" She shruged and put an hand on aprils back. "Come, we search you aunt"
She smiled and start to move around, with a little push on her back. "See you Later you others." Sasha smiled and looks at april and may.

"Thanks," April said gratefully to Sasha, "Last time I saw her was when we got on the ship, so she probably got our room keys and put our things up before walking around the ship." She said before adjusting a half asleep May on her hip.

"I'm sure you aunt is here some where, since it start to rain. I don't think she stayed outside." sasha smiled, while she saw the half asleep May, and softly pet her had. "She can be really cute like this" She whisper to April and gave her a wink.

"Yeah, she is." April smiled down at her now sleeping sister.

That very same man that was talking to captain about the island, now was trying to shut the windows. One of those windows was pushed by the wind and knocked the man out. The device he used for communication fell on the ground. Before he could even get up, everyone heard what the captain was going to say to him.
"Uh, David... You've been right. A huge tornado is coming from the island. That cursed island. Either way, it's all over. In half an hour we're all going to be sleeping with fishes." -the captain started crying- " I made a terrible mistake. I have a family. Wife and two kids. What will she say when they ask "Where's daddy?"? And everyone else here... I know you had your girlfriend, David, and you'll die with us, too... I just want you to know I'm sorry. For all of the people."- A silent beep ended the speech.
The reactions were mixed. Some people were shocked and couldn't say a single word. Others started crying and panicking. Some even considered jumping off the ship to swim away from the tornado. There was only one feeling that came to them. Fear.

As sasha listens to the device, she acted instinctively and hold her hands on the ears from April, as soon as she heard the captain talking about an tornado. She gulped and hold April in place. 'Lucky that May is sleeping' she thought and tried to stay calm. "Don't get in panic! The savest place is still the ship! Our chances are small, but maybe......maybe we......maybe we will survive." She ended and then hugs April, with her head over her shoulder, so she can't see the tears which are running down on sasha's face, but she might feel them when they land on her shoulder.

Marcus stood shell shocked as he listen to the speech that the captain had made. His life's work was going to be whisked away by natures rath. Marcus heard Sasha comment that the might survive, but that was just human tendency. Always looking for hope even when there is no room for it in that situation. Although the thought of life boats crossed his mind, he decided that it would be futile, trying to our row a tornado was impossible. Marcus simply took a seat and placed his plate if food on the ground, he was glad that he was able to eat all the things he never got to before, he would be able to die happy.

April stood still, trying to comprehend what she had just heard. She heard something about a tornado and a cursed island, but that's all she could pick up since Sasha had covered her ears. Next thing she knew, everyone was in a panic and Sasha was hugging her telling her they might survive. What was this, an episode of Lost?

She looked down at May who was starting to wake up because of the noise and panic around her. April new both of them could swim, but swimming would be useless with the waves caused by a tornado. "Life jackets," April said suddenly, pulling away from Sasha, "we need to find life jackets."

RafaDark was totally happy with his drink and seeing the rain falling "What a good cruise this is..." thought happily but still thinking about the guy who talked to the captain about an island. "What worse could happen?" He thought again as he ended another drink and his thought was answered with the same guy let his communicator fell with him and the captain saying about a tornado coming. RafaDark was chocked at that notice, his hands started to tremble and throwed his drink in the ground and runned to his room thinking "NO FREAKING WAY I WILL DIE IN THIS CRUISE!!!!"
((If i made something wrong, the falt is on my cellphone witch im using))

"Yes! yes you are right" Sasha said and whips her tears away. Then looks around. "Ok that has the highest priority! We can't take a lifeboat, we can't get away fast enough, with nothing we would get here, so our only chance are this life jackets. Searched everywhere!" Sasha then frighten suddenly, as she was realizing, that she was commanding people around, and blushed lightly.

April nudged May to get her to wake up. "May, I need you to wake up, okay?" May opened her eyes and looked around groggily, "Whats going on?" She asked. "There is a storm coming, so we have to put some life jackets on." She answered simply. May began to look scared as she heard people around her yell how they didn't want to die, "April, what are they talking about?" She asked in a scared voice. "Ignore them, they are just being mellow dramatic." April smiled, knowing it was a complete lie, "We just have to get some where in the middle of the boat, like how we get in the closet when we are at home during a storm. The only difference is that we will have to wear life jackets." She explained before setting May down, "Want to help me look for the life jackets?" She asked before gently taking May's hand. May nodded yes and they started to look.

"Mother?" Panic darted across Terenity's mothers eyes, scruffy blonde hair dancing wildly. "Mother? What's happening?" A flash of anger suddenly snapped at Terenity as her mother pierced his eyes, then fell to the floor starting to rock herself, muttering about her life being wasted. The boy stood stunned, and then started to think about the problem. Tornado. Terenity didn't really know what was happening, but remembered a special tutor reading him a book about tornado's. Tornados are fer- fero-... Ferocious, gusts of wind, that sweep up objects into the air. An idea crossed his mind. If they just went in the water... When Terenity went to swim, Mother used to make him wear bubbly things. When they boarded, the boy's observant eye picked up someone putting similar things into a box with letters on it.

When the mother looked up again, Terenity was gone, only to be seen putting his hand on a partially hidden steel box labelled,
EMERGENCY

"April," May said, tugging on the bottom of her sister's shirt. "Hm?" April said, her gaze going towards a little boy May was pointing at. She smiled and went to the boy, May trailing behind her. "Good job kid." She smiled and she ruffled the boy's hair before pulling the box out of its hiding place. "Sasha! We found something!" She yelled over her shoulder as she pulled the box out.

She does look at April "What is it? The Jackets?" She asked and run over to April and may, to look if in the Box are the jackets. "Let's hope they are in there!"

To their relief there were exactly eight jackets, which was very fortunate to say the least. Meanwhile the crowd started to get more and more nervous and sone people even ran outside, to the rain, seeing no hope anyway. The man who spoke with the captain finally regained conciousness and realizing what happened, he just sat down and looked at all the shouting and crying people. Then his eyes concentrated on Sasha, May, April and Terenity, oddly calm, very unlike others. He gave a grin and then went off somewhere, not caring for the people. Strange for a person who insisted to stay away from the island at any cost. The man was a big mystery, that was supposedly never going to be solved. But then again, no one cared about solving any mysteries, facing near-certain death.

Marcus's eyes were glazed offer as he thought about his short life. The way all that he had, a very short 20 years. His only achievement being his graduation from college. Marcus heard Sasha and April suggest looking for life vests. At that Marcus perked up, there was a look of hope in his eyes. There was a chance at survival. He found the girls looking through a storage closet. Inside they unfortunately only found 8 vests. Marcus shuffled past the girls and grabbed 4. He passed 2 to April and one to Sasha, the last one he put on himself. Marcus learned that being selfish was better than being selfless sometimes.
"Cheep company." He said bitterly as he walked away towards the front of the ship.
"It's better if we get to the front of the ship." He yelled as he jogged off.

Running to his room and opening his door with a kick, he grabbed all the things he had on his room. Getting an bag that he found lying on the floor, he tucked all his belongings on it. Holding it with all of his strength to not lose in the desperate wave of people that was continuously running from side to side and trying to pass trough all those hysterics without losing balance and being stumped by all of them. Stopping and seeing some crying and trying to find a way out of the cruise before the tornado and others giving up their hope and just sat themselves in the ground waiting for their fate "Damn! This was not was what i wanted for a cruise!!!!" thought his as he saw all that and stand imobile with panic.

April quickly put the first life jacket on May before putting one around herself. She grabbed on the May's hand and was about to follow Marcus when she looked back at the little boy that had found the box. She took one of the four remaining life jackets and put it on him. "Do you want to come with us?" She asked as she fastened the life jacket around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.