The Island (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sasha nod and looked at Enrique before walking, more hobbling, towards the man, clearly having pain when she walks herself, but knee down next to him with a hiss cause of the pain.

"OK, I will try to help you with that." She looks at the foot and the ankle. She then helped him to sit down before taking his foot ready to popping it back in place. "OK ready? three, two one!" With one push, it is done. "Better?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"GAH!" Enrique said clutching his shin as his ankle was popped back into place, as she had been counting down he had sat, "Thanks, and there was something in the bushes. I heard it rustling about."

Enrique stood and held his knife out to his side, he looked around in the brush. He couldnt see anything definitively but he knew something had been there. He put some weight on his foot and felt pain but ignored it. He looked around at the people on the island with him and realized the situation. They were stranded, the ship was gone, no means of communication to the outside world. They needed to get working before nightfall, which didnt look to be soon but if they got caught on this island at night without any kind of protection they were gonna be fucked.

"Everyone!" Enrique said adressing the group, "I dont mean to sound like I want the leadership role, I dont. But I am ex army, my name is Enrique. We need to start gathering what we can and pool our resources, we need to set up teams, and figure out what everyone is good at. We need people to survey the beach, see if they can find a cave or something we can bunk in for the night. We also need to find food. We need weapons too, I know it may be unlikely but we dont know what kind of animals are on this island. I dont feel like getting eaten by a bear or attacked by some kind of jungle cat. We need to know how big this island is so someone will have to find the highest point on the island and check it out. Does everyone agree that if we work together we survive?"

Seeing a part of the S.S. Bluebeak floating in the ocean "Is that a crate?" thought him but his attention went to that Enrique guy saying about forming teams to find food and stuff "If i'm a part of the group, i want to help. By the way, my name is RafaDark..." Stopping, rising from the ground and thinking on something good to say "Nice to meet you all in this 'nice vacation cruise'..." Continued him with irony.

Unconsious came over Terenity faster than anyone could blink, and he was submersed violently into a dream. His mother stood with her back turned, and Terenity could make out a slight smile from the angle he was at. Slowly Terenity moved forwards and his mother snapped around with dismayed horror, a contorted expression on her face as she stumbled backwards. Terenity began to sob and he was suddenly materialised into a different scene. He was on an island. A rather peaceful island. Out over the ocean, far far in the distance he could see a cruise ship gently chugging along. And then the storm came. Terenity scuttled back into the bush, and his dream slowed to a stop, and Terenity lay there, under the chunk of metal and wood, sleeping quietly. Peacefully.

"Teaming up is a good idea, we would be glad to help." April said, referring to herself and May when she said "we". "I'm April, and thats May." She said, pointing to herself and May who had been watching Enrique's ever move.

On a nearby tree, hanging from a branch was also a leather bag. It had a name tag sticked to it, but it was hard to see who it belonged to from the ground. It had a small hole, presumably created by the swiss army knife which was still in the sand. It was impossible for anyone to reach it, but then a seagull tried to grab the bag, dropping it from the tree. Scared, it flied away, leaving the bag in the group's reach.

Sasha stood up and looked at the trees, doesn't see anything. "Probably it was just an imagination?" She said and look at the people on the beach. "Wait.....where is the little boy? Oh god, don't say...." Sasha gulped at that thought and start to search under and next to the wreckages until she found him. She lift him up and check his pulse and that he is still breathing. With a relieved sigh, she turns to the group with a smile "Seems like he is just Unconscious." She then hobbles a few steps away and lies him back down, before hobbling to the trees and look if she sees anything that could have watched them.

As April was sitting on the beach, lightly touching the back of her head to see if it hurt, May had been standing next to Enrique. Her attention we soon drawn by the squawk of a bird flying away and the quick glimpse of something falling into a bush. "Mr.Enrique," May said, tugging gently on the man's torn shirt, "I heard something in that bush." she said, pointing at the bush the object had fallen in.

Enrique looked at Sasha with an expression lacking in any emotion,

"I know my imagination, that wasnt it." He said under his breath. He felt a tug at his shirt and looked down to see the little girl. He smiled half heartily at her and looked to where she was pointing. He patted the girls head and held his hand out to signal her to stay here. He spotted some blob on the sand and as he got closer he saw a leather satchel, he picked it up and examined a hole in it. He looked underneath the bag and saw a swiss army knife. He brushed some of the sand off of it. He brought it back to the group and tried to make out the name.

"What's that say?" Enrique said turning it out to anyone else.

It said "David E. Harper, 1987" strange, considering it came from the ship. The content inside further proved this bag to not come from the ship. There was a book "Dictionary of Ancient Languages, an old Journal, a note and some sort of an amulet. The Journal would soon prove itself most useful of all those items. Looking through it you could find notes about the island, descriptions of local fauna and flora, and two maps. One of the maps showed the island, while the other covered a completely different island. There were also "David's" thoughts on life on the island. He often referred to "them" - "I saw them, but they didn't see me", "they are even worse than those animals" and the last words in the whole Journal were "They found me. It's all over. Anyone who enters this bloody island is cursed to never leave. " and those last words were wrirten down 20th of march 1990.
That was all pretty overwhelming,

The final seconds before the tornado hit was beautiful for Marcus. The feeling of bliss over came him, and he forgot that he was on a ship. He lost himself in his imagination. The second the tornado hit the ship and he was whipped away everything turned into vapor.
Fate not descion, we're the last words the came his mind before he went unconscious.

Pain... The taste of salt water... Wood.

Marcus's eyes snapped opened. He was alive, he could move all his limbs. "Cool beans?" he muttered as he looked at the shore from were he was floating. Only a few feet away, he leaned of the crate that had saved his life and looked at it. "Food." his mumbled, reading the big lettered written on the side. "Luck is on you side Marcus." He said as he grabbed the crate and dragged it to the shore were people were standing. To his surprise he saw Sasha, April, May, Tattoo man, and some other unknowns. Marcus took a seat on the soft warm sand and raked his hands through his hair. He half realized that his shirt was ripped down the middle, he took of the salt water soiled shirt, revealing his lean body. He never really worked out, but his father made his do alot of heavy lifting when he was younger, that might of contributed to his body structure. "Food!!" he yelled to the group in exasperation as he layed in the sand.

Slowly Terenity began to gain conciousness, as he lay motionless on the sand. A single finger twitched. He was awake. Terenity was scared to move now, and kept his eyes tight shut, and listened carefully to his surroundings. Was that... People talking?

"Food!" April yelled back at Marcus with a laugh, her arms in a V shape above her head. "I guess that's one thing off the list, huh Mr.Enrique?" April smiled. Her smile fell a bit when the man didn't respond. "Mr.Enrique?" She asked, looking around to the man in question. May stood by the him and gently tugged on his shirt again. "Mr.Enrique, what is that?" she asked, looking at the bag he had picked up.

"Someone's Satchel," Enrique said when he felt another tug at his shirt, "From roughly 30 years ago. Someone named David Harper, he even left a journal. By the looks of these dates he lived here for 13 years, then something happened Enrique said reading through the journal."

As he neared the end of the passage on the last page he decided it would be best not to talk aloud, he didnt want to scare the little kid. It talked of someone finding this David guy, that if anyone set foot on this island they were screwed. Enrique closed the book and stuffed it back in the satchel for now, he put the satchel on and walked over to the main group. He looked at the adults and was shocked to see they were so unconcerned with the situation, one guy was making a ruckus about food. Which while helpful was no longer a problem. This 'Them' was, what if it was 'Them' that Enrique had heard rustling in the bushes. What if they were going to be ambushed right now and killed just like David E. Harper. Enrique started to get angry that these people werent more concerned and freely voiced his thoughts.

"I'm glad we have food, but the adults here need to get together right now and talk about this situation. The children can play in the sand and stay in eyesight of us but we need to have a VERY serious discussion about this island. Right now."

Enrique put some of the umph in his voice that he had heard when he was receiving orders in the army.

RafaDark was the quietest among them almost like he was invisible in the middle of the 'crew', he was wanting to help someway but he had stopped in place seeing the rest of the 'crew' well knowing each other, he felt a little awkward about not knowing anyone and he just sat himself in the sand and waited to something happen. Then someone screamed 'food' somewhere, he looked a little confused and relieved about having food. After a while that Enrique found something on the satchel of some kind of castaway guy named David "Wait a minute... the name of the guy that was on the boat with the radio was not David too? I must have misunderstood it or it was just a coincidence... i hope..." Thought him as Enrique called the adults to a "serious discussion" like he said, seeing the way he said it, Enrique was totally serious about the things he found.

I nod at Enrique and walk to him while keeping an eye on the forest. "I'm pretty much concerned about the situation. But you are right, we need to talk about it now. So the obvious thing is to stay together, no one goes to any place alone. So we have to look particularly to the kids. May seems to love to walk away alone" Sasha whispers the last part. "And probably we need a leader and I would choose Enrique for that position cause he seems to be the only one who has experience in giving orders and how to survive, at least more than we others. I have a bit knowing in medicine but don't expect any wonder, I'm still a student." I say and look at the others. "What are you other good in?"

April stood up, swaying a bit but recovering, and walked over to the group of 'adults'. She wasn't sure if she was a kid or an adult in their eyes, since she was in the middle. "Would I be considered a child, or can I join the conversation?" She asked, feeling a little awkward. She had moved a hand to the back of her head while she asked, but put it back down after finding that the back of her head was sensitive. "Well you're not an adult. You're only fifteen." May commented before walking over to the knocked out kid. "Hey, are you dead?" she asked, poking his face with her finger. April sighed as she watched May wonder away, again, before turning back to the group, waiting for an answer.

Terenity was struggling to wake up. He could now make out some words. Then suddenly he heard,
"Hey, are you dead?" And then the finger collided. Terenity screeched in an envoked terror and lashed out into the air, and whimpered, crawling away

May looked at the boy, her head tilted. Why did he scream like that? All she did was poke his face and ask if he was dead. "You're weird." May said after a moment of silence. "My names May. Whats your's?" She asked, holding her hand out and giving him a toothy seven-year-old smile.

Long moments of silence passed before the boy quietly replied,
"I'm Terenity." Cautiously he reached out a hand and gently shook May's hand. Terenity turned his head around and confused, he asked, "Where are we?"

Status
Not open for further replies.