The Island (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Okay." May said. Anything to get this lady to stop lecturing her. She was acting like an older version of April. "I don't think I was like her, I remember being quiet." April told the girl, "Not to mention the second child is normally the complete opposite from the first, if that tells you anything."

With a giggle Sasha stand up, knowing that she was annoying May and looked at April. "Maybe, but my parents told me the oppesite. Oh and I'm sorry, for interrupting your conversation, and not even saying my name" She giggles and rubs the back of her head "I'm Sasha, nice to meet you two?"

Enrique had been sitting at the bar, downing glasses of Jameson and scrolling through his phone. Going through pictures of his friends in combat, the people he'd never see again. Then he remembered why he was here, his family wanted him to have fun, to lighten up for a bit. He locked his phone and set it in his pocket, then looked back around the dining hall. There was a stage, very decadent, buffet tables, a set of doors that led to the kitchen near the bar. He thought it was very nice, probably very expensive but still. He noticed a gorgeous blonde not far down the bar, she had on a skin tight red dress. He couldnt help but look, it was a habit of his. He looked down at his current attire. He was in a pair of cargo shorts not the ugly kind but still not the kind you'd wear to a dance, and a cheap Hawaiian shirt, he hated flowery shirts but his mother had insisted on it. He kept looking over at the woman and then a man in a suit came up to her, he was holding some kind of poofey thing that she wrapped around her shoulders.

"Fuckin rich people," He mumbled into his drink and he pulled out some cash to pay the bar tender, he stumbled away from the bar and began making his way to the observation deck. He wanted to just sit in the sun for a bit, to relax. He found himself a comfortable chair and plopped down in it, he closed his eyes and let the sun warm him.

"It's cool," April shrugged, if anything she was grateful Sasha had intervened. "I'm April, that's May, and this is food guy." She said as she pointed to herself, her sister, and the guy with a buffet like table. "Brownie?" She offered, holding the plate out to Sasha.

Meanwhile, May wondered to the sun chairs where a man who was covered in tattoos sat. She had always liked tattoos, just ask her sister how many temporary ones she had put on the little girl. She gently poked the man in the arm,
"I like your tattoos!" She said cheerfully.

Enrique popped an eye open when he was poked in the arm and noticed a little girl standing there pointing at his tattoos. She was tiny, brown hair and a pink shirt. Enrique sat up in his seat a bit and opened both eyes and looked to the little girl with a friendly smile.

"Why thank you," Enrique said with a smile, "I like them too."

Enrique looked for the girls parents, or guardian, or grandmother whoever it was that was supposed to watch this kid. He couldnt see anyone rushing over to her to get her so he looked back at the girl.

"Are you here with your parents? Shouldnt they be watching you?" He said in an adultish tone, the kind that conveyed concern but also seriousness.

Marcus simply resumed stuffing his face with food. There conversation really did no effect his life, all it really did was make him laugh. He had finished his chicken and moved on to the lemon lobster, which was even better that the chicken. Marcus has lost himself in the food when the girls introduced him as food man. Marcus coughed of a few seconds and inhaled another cup of soda before regaining he composer. "Marcus." He said breathing hard. "Nice to meet you too, it's good to k.ow that you think I'm cute and don't deny it, I wonder what that mean." He said with a lopsided grin.

"Food guy? Nice name" Sasha giggled and took a brownie "Thank you. Ehm maybe you should go to your sister."
Sasha nod to her May and looked at Marcus with a little blush "N-nothing, it means nothing" Sasha walked to May and gave marcus and April to come as well. "May wait at least for you sister when you go away, or tell someone. Kids, you know how they are."
Sasha said, and started to blush, pondering that she was acting like their mother.

"I'm with my big sister, she's over there." She said, pointing to where April was talking with Sasha. "We are here on vacation with my Aunt, she's somewhere around here." She looked around to see if her aunt was around, but she was not. She turned her attention back to the man, "Do tattoos hurt? Because April said it's like getting a bunch of tiny little shots. I think she lying, she doesn't have any tattoos so how would she know."

"Stop flirting," April joked, she looked down at May, her smile dropping when she realized she wasn't there. She followed Sasha to where May was talking with some man. "May, please don't wonder off." She sighed. "I'm seven years old, April, stop acting like my mom!" May crossed her arms and looked at her sister. April was tempted to say something, but didn't want to start a fight when they had had such a good day so far. "Just be careful, okay?"

Enrique watched as a teenage girl jogged up to the little girl, the pair of them looked very similar. Definitely sisters. Enrique stood and outstretched a hand to the young lady, she was shorter than he was and much tinier in figure.

"The little one here has a liking for tattoos, I'd watch out for her in the future. She might end up getting one," Enrique said smiling, he didnt wanna seem too imposing so he let his shoulders fall and didnt put the gruff in his voice that he normally would.

"Yeah, I know." She smiled as she shook the man's hand, "Our parents have got their hands full huh?" She said, rubbing May's head playfully. May quickly straitened out her hair, "Don't do that," she whined as she reached up in an attempt to do the same to April.

Sasha laughed and smiled at them both. "I really wish my sister would be with me, and we would be in your age again. That was a nice time" she smiles and looks at the men. "Well then, who are you? I'm sasha, and this is marcus called food guy" she points at herself and then at the food guy while chuckling.

Marcus skilled at the woman's response as she walked away. "Nothing huh." He said with a grin. Marcus took a look at his table and felt pride, all the food was gone, except for some of the desert. He wiped him mouth with a napkin, grabbed a plate will 2 brownies and a slice a carrot cake and walked towards the man lounging on the chair and the rest of the girls. By the time he had got there the Sasha had already introduced him as food guy. Marcus held his fee hand out for the man to shake. " You could call be Marcus, food guy, that's up to you." He said with a grin.

Taking a seat at the bar on the recreation deck, Emilia took note of the other passengers. Calling the bar tender over, she ordered a drink and kicked up her feet on a chair across from her. Emilia was only there to visit family, not make small talk with those she may only see once more on the trip back. She was wearing cheap blue-jeans and a blue top that was suitable for the weather. Standing up after finishing her drink, she left the bar and went to find a seat to sun with.

Enrique watched as a small group of people gathered and began introducing themselves. He smiled and nodded at each of them in turn.

"I'm Enrique Ortiz, it's a pleasure to meet the lot of you." Enrique said with a warm smile, "So what brings everyone here? Business? Family? Mental health?"

He looked around at the circle, all were fairly young. They looked fresh, young, unsullied. Enrique kept a warm smile but felt envy for them, they were all so pure. No real problems on the surface, but that never meant much. Anyone of these kids could turn out to be a rotten egg and ruin someones life someday.

Just as Enrique introduced himself, a man ran by the group, presumably heading to meet the captain, but he stopped by them, looked at the front of the ship and said on a communicator: "Captain, there's an island that is not on any of our maps... and it seems to be generating some sort of magnetic field... I suggest we avoid getting close. It might be really dangerous." ut the captain replied "Nothing to worry about. What is the worst that could happen?" and hung up.
Just as the ship got closer to the island, one of clouds that were gathered over the island flew over the ship. And then a drop of rain fell straight on the tip of May's nose. Then it started raining, which caused the people (mainly in bikinis and shorts) to either hide under umbrellas that were meant to block sun, but they worked for rain, too, or they ran inside to the cafeteria or the swimming pool.

RafaDark saw some people gather around and thought it would be good to introduce himself but in the other hand he just could relax with his drinks in the bar "Maybe next time..." said drinking everything that was on his cup. After his drink was finished, he saw a man running and stopping by the little mob of friends and saying something about an island to the captain who just answered "Nothing to worry about. What is the worst that could happen?" At hearing that RafaDark thought ironically "We of this cruise are in great hands...good work captain..." and burst in a not so loud laugh as it started to rain.

Sasha looks abit worried at the men talking with the captain. "An Island? Where?" She said and looked around, until she feels the first drop from the rain. "Rain? Oh men, Come let's get in" She said to the others and walked to the cafeteria.

May felt something drip onto her nose. She wiped it off with the back of her hand and looked at the sky for the source, her eyes widening a bit at the sudden rain loud that appeared above the boat. April, noticing that sudden shade, followed May's gaze into the sky. Her eyes narrowed at the sudden rain cloud, "What the?" She mumbled under her breath just as the bottom fell out of the cloud. She instictivly threw her hands above her head, as if being splashed, before grabbing May's hand and walk/jogging after Sasha. May squealing like a little kid (which she is) at the rain, and loosing a pink flip flop in the process.

"Well, so much for 'perfect weather', huh?" April said as they reached indoors, smiling down at her soaking wet little sister. Both the girls where a hot mess now, both were wet, May was missing a shoe, and April's short hair was beginning to curl from the rain. Never the less, April smiled. She had always enjoyed the rain, though it could have chosen a better time and place. May, on the other hand, was very upset. The rain meant no beach, and no beach meant no swimming. Not to mention she lost one of her favorite flip flops. May tugged on her sister's shirt and pointed at her feet. April simply gave a little sigh, but not one of annoyance, and removed May's remaining flip flop before placing it in her back pack. April then stood back up and picked May up, placing her on her hip. The little girl was getting to be to big for this, but April was still able to hold her for the moment. May laid her head on her sister's shoulder, her tummy starting to hurt from all those deserts.

Marcus had inhaled one of his brownies and nodded at the man's response. Enrique. He knew that he never remember that name, it he would always try. But before Marcus could say another word everyone went quiet and listened as another person began to speak to the Captain. But Marcus did not listen, he liked to keep his ears to himself. Unfortunately, keeping his ears to himself only resulted in confusion when someone mentioned Island. But Marcus did not have time to ask what was going on, a heavy rain started, destroying his brownies and his cake. "Are you serious." He mumbled as he followed Sasha into the cafeteria.

When the man ran past Enrique felt an episode coming on, he fought it back as the man began speaking about an unknown island with a magnetic field. Enrique thought that if any man who sailed for a living thought it was dangerous then he should be concerned as well. He felt rain begin pelting down and made his way with the group to the inside of the ship. Enrique reached in his pocket and felt for his room key, he felt it between his fingers and pulled his hand out of his pocket.

"It was a pleasure to meet you all, but with a storm like this coming on I'm just gonna head down to my room. Try and sleep through it." Enrique said nodding and smiling at them as he left. He made his way to the stairs down to the third floor where his room was. He unlocked the door and immediately went to his suitcase, he unzipped the pockets on the side of it and grabbed his folding knife and lighter. He went to another pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. He lit one and took a long drag off it to calm himself down. He sat down on the bed as he heard the sounds of thunder and rain pattering against the side of the ship.

"Fuckin boats," Enrique said in a resigned anger, "Mamá que tenía que ponerme en un crucero, No pudo haber sido un buen viaje en tren a un lugar relajante."

He continued to talk to himself in Spanish for a bit then tried to turn the TV on, nothing but static. He flipped through the entire channel listings and found nothing but static. He turned the TV off by roughly mashing the button and threw the remote, this was some crazy shit.
He wasnt in the mood to be marooned at sea, or to drown in a fucking boat, and he knew his mother would blame herself for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.