• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Official? As in dating?" He queried, though only to fill what would have been a silence. He wasn't so inexperienced with the dating world that he didn't know what official generally meant. Granted, it wasn't something he had expected. He had only really started talking to Rene properly that morning, and some flirtation and a kiss didn't really seem enough to form a relationship with him. However, he was totally new to the world of dating. For all he knew, people got together within minutes of talking to one another - he didn't really know any differently.

"I mean, I like you a lot, so... sure, if you really want to be seen with me in that way, I'm down for that," he admitted after a moment, nodding firmly for emphasis. "I think you could do a lot better, though I'm not complaining."

"I'm sorry if I'm moving fast," he quickly added upon seeing the other's discomfort. Re-wrapping himself in blankets, he looked away with a nervous laugh in an attempt to seem cooler than he really was with it. One of his worst traits was his tendency to be a bit forceful and overbearing.

"It would be nice, though," he added as he rubbed his neck, his cheeks still purple. "I couldn't do better, Percival, I can assure you. I am one of the best here, so... yeah. You're a close second~!" He purred.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
"I mean, it is quick but I've learnt from experience that being hesitant doesn't work out a lot of the time. So, uh-- yeah! Yeah, it'd be cool to date you. I don't want to get soppy, it'd ruin the nonchalant thing I have going on, but I do find myself really liking you, so... so sure," he promised, jumping at the chance to emphasise just how serious he was about the other. Sure, it was clearly moving quickly, but he also realised he wouldn't be in the school for long. Having a relationship with someone he liked for the few months he was around seemed like a good choice, and for that, it made sense to swiftly accept the offer.

"You're basically the King of the school, right? Nobody's going to leave me alone if they find out we're... dating. I'm not real fond of that. I get stressed out and then I snap and I don't take pleasure in upsetting people, so... maybe... can we keep this to ourselves for a few days? Before people inevitably harass us about... dating. You can tell that friend of yours, though. I assume you won't keep it a secret from him."

"I should be offended but you're too cute to get mad at," He cooed in response despite his small frown. "I hope you know that I have no problem hurting whoever dares to bother you. I may not be beefy, or particularly intimidating, but there are plenty of people here who have already seen my wrath. I've gotten into fights and I've won all but one, I ended up being punished when I got home during winter break," he admitted with a pout.

"It's okay, though. I'll give you a week of 'secrecy' but I want to flaunt someone as cute as you off. As for Sylvan, he already knows. I mean, he's like a mind reader - he's probably getting all heated with Bren."

Reactions: potassiumboron
The idea of having someone potentially fight for him should have been romantic, at least to some people. To Percival, though, it horrified him. He didn't want anyone to get themselves hurt defending him when he ought to do that himself, even if he hated confrontation. He barely coped when he got into verbal arguments, however rare these were, so he did his best to avoid physical altercations - and he wasn't about to encourage Rene to enter any on his behalf.

"You should ignore them, that's the best way. A meek smile and limited attention, and they'll get bored and leave us alone. I just think it'd be nice to have a week without... worrying about the attention. Just so I can get to know you properly without people going nuts, you know?"

"It's harder to ignore people than you think," he countered with a frown as he absently tapped his claws on the cover of an aging hardcover book. Something about the sound was soothing to him and it was clear that the conversation of being 'meek'.

"I can't do that, just... fade into the background. I was raised to be strong and a leader, it just... isn't a part of me. I'll keep quiet for you, though," he reassured with a small smile as his tail swayed through the blanket. "Just know that I'm a - ah... what's the term? A 'type A personality', I believe. My professor once called me that and I had my grandfather explain to me. I still am not quite certain I understand it but it sounds close to me," he explained, speaking slowly for himself to try and not get the words wrong what with his thick accent. Common words that he used in casual conversation were much easier but he still was from Russia and, despite being around English speakers for years, it was still quite difficult for him.

"...I wasn't suggesting you needed to be quiet and limit your personality around me. I like your personality, and... you can be as loud and as confident as you want, it's why I like you," he informed, even if he was surprised that he needed to make that evident. He did think that it was pretty evident that he was interested in Rene for more than his looks, but if he did have to constantly tell him how much he liked him, he was fine with that too. He didn't do well with compliments, but he had no worries handing them out to people he a) liked and b) felt deserved them.

"Shall we go and get something to eat? It's near lunch-time now, right? I... usually just make do with a sandwich because I can take that to my room and avoid people, but if you're with me, I could have a hot meal for once," the other grinned, doing so in order to make it seem like some joke. He was serious, but he was aware that it really made him sound miserable and he didn't want Rene to start perceiving him as such.

Rene's cheeks turned a deep purple hue at the other, taking a moment to figure out what to say in response. The cute little reassurance from Percival was the type of thing that made his heart flutter, after all, when he so desperately craved affection even as simple as through words.

"Ah, of course!" He eventually blurted once getting himself together. "We can come back here, if you'd like, or we could eat in my room... it's up to you, I suppose. You're not a very social person and I don't want to just force you to be social, so..."

"I, uh... I'd like to see your room-- that's not too pushy, is it? I'm just curious. I bet it's better than the average student's room here," he remarked easily, a slow smile pulling at his lips. He was genuinely curious about it, even if he felt a little awkward about asking to see his bedroom. The offer had been made, but accepting it did make him feel a little weird. Nothing was going to happen, he was certain of that, but the sudden fear that Rene might think he was expecting something to happen just because he had asked to see the room did make him feel sleazy.

"Not that I'm asking with the expectation of... doing stuff. I just... I genuinely just want to see your room," he clarified quickly, cringing to himself at how desperate the quick babble made him sound. "Not... sex or anything. Just, uh... just hang out and maybe do some homework for our Geography class? I'm pretty stuck on it and... two heads are better than one, and all that..."

"It's not too pushy, I wasn't expecting to just go to my room and have sex. Lyudi dumayut, chto ya takaya bol'shaya shlyukha?" He whispered quietly as his face grew purple in embarrassment. After all, most people knew of his sexual escapades when he was as young as twelve, though he often grows embarrassed and bashfully at the mention nowadays as opposed to how he reacted at the time. He thought he was the coolest guy in school only to be heavily scolded for having sex with an 18 year old.

"No, I just want to show you where I'm staying. I'd like to see your room as well - I don't have any intentions to... have sex there, either, unless you want to..."

"I... don't want to-- I want to, one day. Just not... yet. Having a kiss was monumental enough, Rene. I don't think I could jump straight into having sex this quickly. Besides, if we're dating, I want to get to know you better before doing something like that. I don't... judge you for having sex, that's totally fine. I'd just prefer it if we waited and got to know each other really well," he explained, conscious that he might come across as sad or pathetic. Asking to wait was hardly a crime, but he was aware that Rene had had sex before. Thus, him wanting to postpone anything sexual might not be at all unreasonable in reality, but he felt like he came across as a bit... pathetic, especially in comparison to someone like Rene who hadn't hesitated much with other people.

"Just, forget I said anything. You can just show me your room and we can hang out a bit before getting some lunch," he continued, climbing out from the little hideaway and dusting himself off. "I'd show you my room, but I haven't been here long enough to really individualise it. It's pretty... plain."

"Well, we can always focus on fixing that, right? We can find little things along campus. I know you're not here for long but you should at least make the place more... home-like? Even if it's as simple as heading down the mountain to pick some flowers. I'd come with you, but we would have to be extra sneaky - humans like to show up and ruin all of the fun, after all. Your parents will probably send letters, right? My mother sends me letters every week and I decorate my room with those, too. You just have to add some life to the place, you know?" He babbled shyly before tidying up the blankets neatly.

Following out from the space, he organized the books back to their unsuspecting position. He kept a blanket to wrap tightly around himself, though, and offered a shy smile to the other.

"Ah... my room is a bit messy, so... but that's how I like it. There's a method behind the madness, as they say. It'll be nice to show someone new all of my things, though~!" He gushed, blatantly ignoring the awkwardness.

"I mean, that sounds lovely--"

"What the hell were you two doing in there? You didn't-- you didn't have sex in there, did you?" Blurted Sylvan, the drider having approached with every intention to gush about how amazing his boyfriend was, until seeing the two emerge from the space, with Percival blushing and a tad dishevelled. It was no surprise that Sylvan's mind jumped to conclusions, though he quickly shoved that assumption aside. He knew his best friend better than to do something like that in the library of all places. It was hardly subtle.

"Obviously you didn't, but it kinda looks like you did something. Kissing, hm?" The drider accurately guessed, smirking once realising he had hit the nail on the head with his guess. "Oh, that's adorable, but I want lunch now and we always eat lunch together, Rene."

Almost immediately did Rene's purple cheeks return as he shyly adjusted his hair, his eyes avoiding his best friend's. After trying to at least seem a little put together, he dared to stand up a bit taller as his tail swayed harshly behind himself.

"Well, I was going to show Percival my room," he admitted with a small smile, knowing Sylvan would immediate take that as doing something more. "Besides, you get to spend more time gushing about how amazing your boyfriend is, huh? I'd hardly be missed, I wouldn't have to be the third wheel."

"He's gone behind the school to smoke with some of his friends and I don't like cigarettes. The smoke hurts my lungs and I don't want to get a chest infection again. So I thought I'd come and see how my best friend is doing, but if you'd rather spend time with your.. new buddy, I can wander about and be alone, that's fine too..."

Despite casting himself as a good judge of character, Percy did frown at the display Sylvan was putting on. It was purely for sympathy and to manipulate them into letting him tag along, but the human fell for it easily, unable to see past the emotional trickery. "I, uh... I don't... mind him hanging out with us? I don't want him to be on his own--"

"Awesome. I want to get lunch. I always have pasta for lunch, and a few sandwiches. I have to eat a lot or I won't have energy," babbled the drider, breaking out of the faux sadness easily. "You two can have fun later on together, but it'd be mean to, like... desert me. Schließlich sind wir beste Freunde, Rene~"

"Well, the next time you decide to ditch me because you need to make out with him, don't be surprised if I get mad. It's hardly fair, right? You can't pick and choose when it's okay to hang out with me but I can't do the same to you," he huffed before lightly taking Percival's hand in his own to lightly pull him along.

"Sylvan has seen my room, obviously. It's been my home away from home for... four years? Naturally I decorated it with the things I love. I know you're only here for a year but I want this to be the most fun school year you'll ever have~!" He cooed affectionately to Percy.

"I don't ditch you, don't be dramatic. I always invite you to hang out with me and... whatever boy I'm with at the time," reminded the drider as he wandered behind his friend and Percy, his eyebrow arched at the hand-holding. The affectionate gesture alone made him realise that they were probably dating, and whilst he was genuinely taken aback by the speediness of the relationship, he was definitely pleased for his friend. He might not be totally sold on Percival, and he may think the human was weird, but he also knew better than to critique it. Rene hardly dated anyone, and if he was happy with Percy, then obviously, Sylvan was pleased for him.
"You two are cute," he praised after a moment, hurrying along to catch up with them. "Really. Not as cute as Brennan and I, obviously, but you're definitely a close second."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I disagree," countered Rene almost immediately as he glanced over at his friend. "Also, you definitely ditch me all the time! I remember when you dated that cyclops, you barely even acknowledged me! All you would do is make out with him while I sat alone with the others, pretending to be interested," he scolded before wandering into the cafeteria.

"I just don't want you leaving me alone because Brennan wants to eat your face off, I think that is a normal request," he finally grumbled as he took in all of the options. Naturally, for such a pristine school there was no surprise that there were well-known international cooks, each specializing in a certain type of food. Out of curiosity, he wandered to get some spaghetti and meatballs to switch from his usual slice of pizza.

"...You know I don't like to talk about Will, Rene. He turned out to be a real dickhead and you know I hate you bringing up how intense I was with him. Look, I get really... obsessed with being in a relationship, I can't help it. I'm not a bad friend to you, don't insinuate that I am," he declared strongly, though was growing more upset by the second, especially with Percival's presence. He wasn't too comfortable in his company yet, still finding something strange with his aura, so to go through a few bickers with his best friend in front of Percy was mildly embarrassing.

"Can we not bicker? You have your boyfriend; I have mine. We could all hang out together now," he began as he trailed after his friend, piling his plate with his usual salad. Sticking to a diet was the one thing that kept him going, even if he often drifted away from it and ended up gorging out on some junk food he hid in his room. "Like... nobody has to be the third wheel anymore. It's a good thing, yeah?"

"... yeah," he replied quietly after a pause. Once grabbing his food, Rene took a seat at their normal table that was still lacking the usual swarm of other students. Instead, he noticed them all staring curiously as he took a seat besides Percival only to take his hand curiously from under the table. After all, while a part of him was mostly just curious of the alleged merman, he would admit to being affectionately lacking as of recent.

"Yes, well, he's gone and graduated. Now you can focus on Brennan, yeah? Just... please be careful around him. He's a bad boy and you're so much better than that. You're far too kind, in fact," he insisted as he took a bite of food, humming in content at the flavor. Cutting up a piece, he offered it to Percy with a smile.