• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"...I don't think you're wrong for wanting to make sure Sylvan is with someone nice and caring. I don't know him enough to make judgements, but... Brennan doesn't seem like... a good fit? I don't think you're the bad one in this situation, though, I'll defend you on that," the human replied sternly, doing his best to be the supportive figure he assumed Rene wanted and needed him to be. That said, he was absolutely terrified. Sylvan had scared him more than he cared to admit. He had always hated spiders as a child, so to be towered over by a drider wasn't the nicest of experiences.

Likewise, Brennan also scared him. He was a vampire, and his father was infamous, being characterised in countless movies and books that Percy himself had seen and read. To know Brennan's father was real, and Brennan was his son... it didn't make him very keen to get on Brennan's bad side. However, he would do that if Rene needed him to defend him. He liked Rene enough to risk pissing off the wrong sort of people.

"Don't worry about it," he finally smiled, reaching to take his hand tightly. "I think you're right and I'll defend you and... you still have me. I'm sure Sylvan will come around, though. He doesn't seem like he'd hold a grudge...?"

"He can be really petty," he explained quietly. "That being said, we've been close since we started coming here together. He's just never been this... mean," he admitted anxiously, though squeezed Percival's hand hard in return. To trust someone so quickly as he did with the human could be seen as pathetic to some, though Rene didn't know any better.

"I... I'm glad that you're willing to stand up against them. I'm not an idiot, I can tell that Sylvan scares you. I can assure you that he would never hurt you - I wouldn't let them," he reassured with an encouraging smile. "Besides, violence isn't allowed."

Even though Rene promised that he wouldn't be hurt, Percy couldn't help but be anxious. He really hadn't been scared of any of the creatures at the school until Sylvan physically intimidated him like that. If Sylvan, who he previously thought was pretty adorable, could scare the hell of him, then it gave ample opportunity for him to be petrified by the creatures who were actually trouble-makers, like Brennan. Thus, he couldn't help feeling like the fallout of the argument would end up with someone getting hurt - and surprisingly, he wasn't wrong.

It took all of ten minutes for the repercussion to make its appearance in the form of Brennan, who stormed down the corridor with Sylvan following nervously behind him. As soon as the vampire came to a stop in front of Percy and Rene, the anger was almost radiating from him, his fists clenched at his sides... well, until one swung a punch at Rene's face, at least.

"You keep your vicious little mouth shut about me and my boyfriend, got that? Stay away from us, stop judging us-- stop being a sad little cretin and focus on your pathetic relationship that'll last all of two seconds, Rene. Get a fucking life, hm?"

Unsurprisingly, Rene was more than shocked when he was attacked than anything. Stumbling back a tad, he held his nose, only to grow horrified when he noticed the blood that dropped onto it. His pupils constricted and his sharp nails seemed to grow in his own anger. Despite his urge to fight back, he instead simply took in a deep breath and scoffed.

"How classy. I'm sure your father will love to hear that his beloved son decided to punch me," He dryly responded while keeping his rigid stance. "Did you sick him on me, Sylvan? You're... so upset that you made him punch me like that?"

As Percy hurried to tend to his boyfriend, horrified by the amount of blood he was faced with, Sylvan simply stayed at Brennan's side, observing the scene without much emotion. When he confided in his boyfriend, he hadn't expected this sort of violent reaction... but he also decided that he simply didn't care. He felt that he had been ridiculed and his relationship laughed at, so Rene didn't deserve his sympathy. Their close friendship, in his mind, had disintegrated the moment Brennan was attacked. It was genuinely sad that he attached so much of himself to Brennan, but he was so dedicated that he would happily let a friendship disappear than let anyone speak ill of him.

"...You shouldn't be such a whiny little bitch then, should you? Focus on yourself, rather than attack me and my boyfriend. We're doing fine. Your boyfriend, meanwhile, is shady and weird-- what merman doesn't fucking like water?" Sylvan muttered, his lips pursed in disgust at the couple opposite. "You're dripping blood everywhere, that's disgusting."

"What's disgusting is how much he has you wrapped around his finger, Sylvan!" He quickly replied, though with no anger in his voice. Instead, it changed to that of sadness as he shyly covered his face once again to hide just how much blood was gushing. He wasn't someone who was hurt during fights, he won them more often than not, and he couldn't help but feel dizzy suddenly.

"Whatever - I'm leaving. If you want to be petty because I was being honest, then fine. You don't know anything about him, Sylvan." He stated simply before turning quickly to leave, his free hand clutching Percival's as he hurried to the nurse.

"...I'm so sorry. I... I should have stuck up for you," began Percy as he took a nervous seat once in the nurse's office, his eyes still wide in horror. He wasn't usually this skittish, having characterised himself as being chilled out, but that was in his normal, every day circumstances, around humans. Was any human really expected to act chilled out in a school full of monsters?

"I just-- it happened so quick and I didn't know what to do," he sighed, his voice still shaky as he tried to make up for his own perceived mistakes. "I'm not tough or strong and I... I'm normally able to defend myself with words, and I failed-- god, I'm sorry, Rene."

"It isn't your fault, Percival, you had no way of knowing they would do it," he reassured in a whisper as he tried to pinch his nose with a tissue to stop the bleeding. Shaking his head, he looked away shamefully before taking Percival's hand tight.

"On poteryal rassudok. This... is crazy. He's never hurt me before, neither one of them. I-I don't want to lose Sylvan to some... some pizda like Brennan. I'll see to it that Brennan's father will hear about this, I'm not letting this go."

This wasn't how Percival saw his first experience at a relationship going; sat with his new (and only) boyfriend in the nurse's room while he held a rag to his split lip. Nor did he think he would even be at a school with monsters, so everything in his life recently had proved a surprise to him. In reality, he shouldn't be surprised at how things turned out when Brennan had always seemed like the sort of person to use violence. Idiots like him weren't unique to this school - there had been plenty at Percy's school back home in Scotland.

"...Whatever you want to do, I'll support you," he promised, gently taking a clean tissue to try and wipe the blood up from around his face. "I still feel awful about this, though-- I'd offer to go punch him but I think we both know it'd end up with me breaking my nose, and we can't both be injured, aha..."

Eventually, a cyclops nurse hurried in to take Rene along to a proper room. The academy had only the best medical staff, having everything to help with individuals and their special needs in addition to basic things, like a split lip and a bloody nose. Bashfully turning away from Percy while the nurse inspected his injuries, he only spoke again when the nurse had left to get ointment.

"I really don't want to drag you into this. You did nothing wrong, and it's not like we've been together for years. You... don't have to do that. Besides, I don't want a cute face like yours getting ruined by some brute vampire," he admitted, pouting at his nasally voice from the cotton balls stuck in his nose.

"I still feel horrible about it-- but if it helps, you look cute regardless. Not just anybody could look cute after being punched in the face by... Dracula's son, right? It's... a testament to how genuinely beautiful you are that you still look flawless," he began, only later realising just how forthright he had been with his compliments. He had no problem gushing over Rene, but his confidence in doing so had previously lacked. This was entirely new for him, so he wasn't sure how he should say things, or how to move things along. In the end, he decided (wisely) to do what felt right in the moment, and this definitely felt like something he wanted to say.

"...Anyway, at least we can relax and not worry about going to class for the rest of the day. You could come to my room if you wanted, or I could hang out in yours? I just think... maybe you shouldn't be alone right now. I want to at least look after you a little, you should rest while you recover."

"Oh, a-aha, that would be nice!" He quickly replied as he blushed, that of which only caused the bloody nose to become worse. He didn't care though and smiled bashfully nonetheless. "You said you didn't have much in your room, right? You can come to mine, if you'd like. I've been here for years and it's honestly more homey than my actual home."

As he spoke, Rene focused on entwining his fingers with Percy to distract himself a tad. Despite being with the other for such a short period of time, this felt like the first time someone genuinely had feelings for him. He had, had sex with other students before but he was mostly lured in by sweet words, and more often than not he was just a pawn to get to know the higher-ups in the industry before graduating. This felt... different.

"...My room is pretty small, yeah-- it's not a complaint at all, it's still nicer than my room back home. I just have a lot of stuff and... it's nowhere near as nice as your room is. Obviously you'd get the best room, it's hardly unreasonable," he smiled, at least happy that the conversation had moved on from talking about Brennan. The vampire did scare him, possibly even more than the driders around the school did. He didn't know a lot about the creatures in the school. He had no idea what Rene was, for example, and he really didn't know what the strengths or weaknesses were of the centaurs, or the mutants. However, he did know vampires from the movies he'd seen and books he'd read. He knew well enough that he was human and possibly a snack for any peckish vampire if they got their hands on him. For now, he was thankful nobody had seen through his lies; if they had, he had no doubt that someone like Brennan might just attack him.

"...We can head there and just hang out for a while. You need to, like, rest, and we can just watch some TV. I haven't learned German yet so it's hard for me to actually understand any of the shows that are on, but... subtitles should work well enough."

"It's not very difficult to learn. My father had me prepare for attending the academy by having a servant teach me and I had already learned English, so it wasn't too difficult. It's hard to pronounce certain words, but that is just my accent. That being said, I have no problem with subtitles for you," he reassured with a purr, slipping in the brag subtly. After all, he learned that it was one way he had people like him.

"I've noticed that most of the English speaking students here only know one other language, why is that?" He asked curiously. "In fact, I have quite a few questions about your language. You know, I would love to travel to the UK one day but my parents aren't big fans of warmer weather. I heard about those beautiful cliffs, what are they called? Oh, it doesn't matter... it won't happen."

"It might happen, be positive. I'd... certainly love for you to visit me one day. We have a house in the Highlands, like I said. It's secluded and picturesque and... you'd love it," he gushed, smiling at the thought of one of his family's holiday homes, even if he knew the chance of Rene visiting him there was slim, borderline impossible. Everything was far too complicated, and his father wasn't going to throw away a lifetime of work just for his son's new boyfriend. He wanted to expose these creatures, not appreciate their secrecy. Thus, any chance of a normal relationship outside of school was hardly going to work, but hey, he could at least dream.

"I can speak Spanish, if that helps at all? My mother's Mexican, I grew up with it. It's just... German seems hard and I would have practised, but I didn't know I was coming here until my father sprung it on me a day before I got on the plane. It was a... huge shock. It's why I was so quiet, I was trying to take this whole thing in."

"Why did he just randomly decide for you to come?" He questioned curiously before watching the nurse apply the balm to his lip carefully. He hissed lightly from the mere touch, realizing then that kissing the human would find to be difficult for a bit. Nonetheless, he kept a positive vibe once able to leave with some ice and some painkillers.

Once outside of the little infirmary, he immediately pulled the other in for a tight hug with a sniffle. Just being able to hug the other was good enough comfort for him. It wasn't the level of his mother, adoring her large bear hugs, but it was better than nothing. Pulling away slowly, he took his hand tight.

"Let's just go back to my dorm, like you said. I just want some mac and cheese and a bath but snuggling against you watching television is just as good," he reassured with a soft coo. "Something simple."

The hug did come as a surprise, though it did serve well as a great distraction from the previous question. He wasn't a particularly great liar. The fact he was getting away with the merman lie was bewildering to him, and he didn't want to test his luck by adding further lies on top. He wasn't going to admit that his father had sent him to investigate, after all, so avoiding the question altogether would at least help him avoid having to lie his way through it.

"Something simple," he repeated easily, his cheeks a tad pink at the closeness-- but he clearly didn't hate it. In fact, he took his hand tightly and began to walk, not caring if people saw and started to whisper. Hiding his relationship seemed the easiest way to avoid people crowding around him and gossiping about him, but it seemed inevitable that people would do that anyway. If they were going to chat about him and Rene anyway, he might as well enjoy himself while they did. "I could definitely go for that. We can sort the... Brennan issue out tomorrow."

"I'll call my parents and tell them what happened," he declared as he wandered to his dorm, the thought causing him to frown. "I don't want to hurt Sylvan but what Brennan did wasn't right. I would never punch him because I've already been told the consequences of doing that. It's just - it's so frustrating. It doesn't matter because I know you'd never hurt anyone, right?"

Looking up at the other with a smile, he swiped his school card to enter his little home away from home. Happily flopping on his bed, he groaned in pain from his sore face. Despite the pain, he patted his side before handing over the remote.

"You don't mind cuddling, right?" He questioned in anticipation. For all he knew, Percival could be timid about physical touch - he had handled friends who were much like that, after all. "See, you don't need to have a constant makeout session like the two to be together."

"You said Sylvan's always dating guys, right? Clearly, he's doing something wrong. Maybe he should take things slowly? Like us, I think. I'm not against making out and... doing more than that, but there's no rush. Good things come to those who wait, and all of that. I don't hate Sylvan, but it's mad to me that he's repeating the same behaviour, like you said. That's the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results," he tutted, his eyes rolling to himself as he moved to sit back on the bed. He didn't take pleasure in talking about Sylvan when he wasn't there to defend himself, but after the punch and the drider's refusal to reprimand his boyfriend, Percival gave exception to gossiping about him this time.

"I think we'll be together longer than them," he decided, offering a quick smile. He knew that there was definite obstacles to his relationship with Rene, but he decided that he could overcome them. How, he didn't know, but he was determined to try.

Almost immediately did Rene latch on to the other and buried his head in the crook of Percival's neck, a loud cat-like purr coming out of his lips. Despite being a bit shorter, Rene always preferred to be the big spoon and Percival was no exception to that preference. He only let go for a moment to reach for the remote and turn on the television.

"I just... He's my best friend, you know?" He murmured. "I don't want to lose him to some dick of a vampire because he can kiss well. Like... he doesn't know that Brennan and I had a thing for a little, which is what makes it even more annoying.. I just... I'll try to talk to him alone during class tomorrow."