• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"It's literally the one thing I was looking forward to before I came. I don't do good with change, but this building is beautiful and I thought it'd be nice to sit and read with the snow falling outside-- it's kinda cute, right? My old school was nothing like this. It was right in the centre of the city, it was so loud and there wasn't a library, it sucked," the Scot groaned, his eyes rolling as he recalled his old school. He had grown to like it purely because it was a constant in his life; something that was familiar and regular for him. Specifically, though, he had hated it. He disliked the people, the teachers, the constant loudness...

Being here might be a little overwhelming with the monsters around him, but it was peaceful, aesthetically stunning and everything he would want from a school.

"So, uh... did you and your friend gossip about me?" He asked suddenly, shooting the other a quiet grin. "Is that what 'good luck' meant? Good luck being around me because I clearly have a crush on you?"

"N-No, of course not!" He quickly defended, his cheeks growing purple in embarrassment. "He, Ah... was wishing me good luck on my paper for tomorrow...? You see, English isn't my first language so I struggle with some things," he explained with his own nervous smile, though he knew it was a pretty pisspoor excuse. Looking away, he offered a bashful shrug.

"Look, I... people don't really have feelings for me, at least not genuine ones," he explained quietly. "It's just, Ah... scary, I suppose. I don't want you to dislike me. That would be horrendous."

"I think you're the nicest guy here, really. Everyone's nice, but they're just intrusive and they gossip about me like I can't hear them right next to me. I don't mind them asking questions, but they're just all so... close. I like distance from people I just met, until I choose to approach. You're the first person I decided was, like... decent? I dunno. You didn't bombard me with questions so that made me like you. The fact you're... cute is a bonus," began Percy slowly, swallowing hard once realising how red he was going-- at least, he felt his cheeks heat up and could only imagine how red his often pale cheeks had become.

"...So, I'm Percival anyway. I know you knew that but I should introduce myself properly, hm?" He continued with as calm a smile as he could manage. "I prefer Percival, but... Percy's fine. I suppose that's less formal."

"Percival," he repeated, though his accent caused his words to come out just a tad strange. Eyeing the fairly empty library, he hurried the other along with him by taking Percy's hand and tugging him besides him. Shyly smiling at the contact, he primarily focused on his favorite spot.

The library was massive; levels upon levels of books with decorative spiral staircases that led to the next line of books. Along with the seemingly endless amounts of books was a massive fireplace with the paintings of supporters and right at the base was the painting of his parents who seemed to loom over the library, their authoritative power being felt simply through their paintings. Amongst all of that, though, was a little space hidden by carefully set books. Once moving the books out of the way, he ducked under to climb through the small hole into a rather well-loved space the size of a reasonable walk-in closet. There were pillows and blankets set on the floor to make it comfortable to sit along with piles of books. Nestling into a corner, he nervously smiled.

"I... I like to come here when I'm feeling stressed or sad or... just want to be alone," he admitted before grabbing one of the many layers of blankets to wrap around himself. "I took the best books. You can come here, if you'd like - not even Sylvan can come in, but that's mostly because he's too big."

Despite having been at the school for a few days now, Percival hadn't had much time to really explore as much as he would have liked to. The place was his idea of heaven, especially when it was set high in the snowy German mountains, but for the first few days, he had been too overwhelmed by everything to even try and explore. Just coming to terms with the fact monsters actually existed was hard to take in, so staying away from it all had been necessary. The only reason he was ready to finally explore the place was down to the growing fondness of Rene. Without him, he would happily lock himself back in his dorm.

"This is amazing," he gushed the moment he climbed through into the cosy space, smiling to himself at how neat it all was. Whilst he was happy to wander about the building, he also just wanted to have some private space where nobody could bother him - and this place, alongside Rene, was perfect. "I mean, it's... it's really nice, Rene. God, it'd be perfect with a nice cup of coffee, maybe some cake... Maybe next time, huh?"

"Ah, yeah! I've been thinking of getting an extension cord and, like, put an electric kettle in here," he explained, a small smile growing at the other's approval. Shyly biting his lip, he eases back a tad and motioned for the other to grab a blanket as well.

"It's a good place to take a nap, too," he continued with a heavy yawn before stretching out, humming contently. "Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do, so sleeping here is always a good way to refresh."

"It's too quiet here to sleep properly. It's weird, right? I get like... 4 hours a night because it's too quiet. I live right in the centre of Edinburgh usually, so I'm used to noise and it's way too peaceful for me to sleep here. Doesn't really make sense, and I'm not even here long enough to get used to the quiet," he sighed, finally taking a blanket for himself and, once wrapping it around himself, smiled contently at how cute the scene was. Not that he would comment on it, in fear of making things awkward and right now, he did just want to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.

"My Dad only sent me here because... I dunno, he just wanted me to experience some time around... other monsters, I guess. I've been raised as human my whole life, practically. It's weird being here-- it's why I'm quiet and awkward and stuff. I'm not used to being able to talk about who and what I am. Usually it's a big secret, you know?"

"Oh, I understand," he reassured as he reached for some snacks. Despite his incredibly fit body, it was just a fact that Rene had a bit appetite. Nibbling on the cookies, he offered a smile as he offered one over. "A lot of people dont know about this place still. My parents are slowly contacting each country individually to pursuade more to join the academy. They're almost done with Europe and Asia is next, then Africa. They plan on initiating North and South America within the year, and Anartica last," he explained, simply copying his mother and father's words.

"You know, my mother and father thought of moving to Antarctica. They really love the cold. I suppose it's the fur. Sure, I'm used to the cold but I'm our last family photo, they were in their usual summer clothes and I was bundled up in this cheesy, puffy jacket. I looked like a little marshmallow. I mean, a very cute marshmallow, mind you," he babbled, his cheeks a light purple.

"I've seen portraits of your family around the place, they look... formidable? I guess that's the best word. But, uh... hey, they're doing a good job, you know? I like it here a lot, even if I don't really show that. I know I look pretty miserable most of the time," he laughed, quietly folding his legs and absently taking a book to read the back of, as though that would help make him look casual. In reality, the monster in front of him was making Percival's job all the more difficult, and he wasn't sure he could deal with it all. Getting close to people was hardly the objective, but when he was with someone who looked and acted ridiculously cute, it was difficult to pretend that he wasn't attracted to him.

"I'm only here for this term, it sucks, really. My father's... he doesn't really let me make my own decisions. I'd love to stay here until graduation, but... he's pretty intent on taking me out of here again at the end of term. Makes no sense, really, but he's... an asshole sometimes."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"Stand up for yourself," he replied simply with a small smile. "My parents are far more intimidating than me but, if I'm firm with them and show my case, they usually listen to what I have to say and negotiate with me. I'm not sure what your relationship with your father is like but I don't wamy you to leave because of him."

Offering a dismissive shrug, he ignored his reddened cheeks to act calm, though it was obvious that he was at least sharing that affection. Maybe not as strongly, but he still was nervous around the other in fear of looking like an idiot.

"You said you're from Scotland, right? Tell me about it. I want to know more about humans and you said you're in direct contact with them. Ah... isn't that scary? I would be terrified by the chance I'd somehow be caught."

Standing up to his father wasn't necessarily an option. In comparison to Rene's parents, purely based on appearance, his father wasn't intimidating nor scary. However, in personality, he really wasn't all that approachable. He was motivated by business and desire for fame that he had willingly sent his son into the continent, to a completely different country to prove his research was correct, and in doing so, amass more fortune and fame. It was sad, but Percy was fully aware that his father didn't really take into account how dangerous it could have been. Fortunately, the monsters here weren't necessarily 'monstrous' by nature. They were all relatively normal-- but his father was hardly to know that, and the fact he'd simply sent him away proved that money, at the moment, motivated him more than the desire to protect his son. Confronting him about everything would only have ended in an argument, and not being one for confrontation, Percy wisely chose not to do such a thing.

"I mean... Scotland's... cold? I live in the capital so it's pretty lively and busy and... humans are fine to me. It's easy to blend in, you know? As long as I don't go swimming, I'm pretty safe," he quickly smiled, eager to move on from the topic (and thoughts) of his father. "There's a lot of highland areas where there's hardly any people, so you could always visit without worry of being seen or anything-- it's worth a visit. I think it's beautiful, but I'm biased, obviously."

"Ah, I love greenery and whatnot. Some classes trek down the mountain to this hidden pond and just enjoy the warmer weather and it's fantastic," he admitted with a pout. "As for traveling, my parents would get angry if I just took a trip to Scotland without permission, or accompanied by one of our servants, at the very least. They only trust me being either home or here. It's quite nice, I have a lot more free-range here than at home. God forbid, I take a little hike down to the frozen lake back at home and they send out guards to bring me back. You're so lucky, you know? You can just stroll down the street to, I don't know, a bakery or whatnot and be fine," he whined childishly, though smiled.

"It's alright, I suppose. As I said, as long as your father speaks to mine, I'm sure I could come visit. It would be nice to be somewhere a little more... average, in temperature," he admitted. "Enjoy sitting in a meadow, enjoying a picnic. I could always call my father and contact yours to plan it out...?" He offered, his eyes now bright in excitement.

If Percy rang his father and told him, the man would have eagerly accepted such an offer. It was a chance to not only have contact with one of the most renowned monsters in the whole community, and record that conversation, but also to have Rene himself in the country, where the man could finally see with his own eyes that his years of dedicated research were for nothing. The whole purpose of Percy's presence in the school was for his father, and to prove his suspicions true, but the longer he spent around Rene and the others, the less he wanted to fulfil his father's wishes. He was more inclined to return home and lie about it, say that it was simply a normal private school. It was what he wanted to do, anyway - but his father would lose his mind if he discovered Percy had lied, and that wasn't something he wanted to do either.

"I, uh... I'll think about it. My father's not... you won't like him. Or my mother. I don't want them putting you off me. I like this friendship thing we have going on. I don't make friends often, I'm... not into that usually, but you're nice and I don't want my weird parents to... ruin this."

"Okay, okay, I'll drop it," he reassured with a chuckle. "Hey, if you want to come to chilly Russia, I'll be waiting for you~?" He cooed before offering a wink. With his head in his hands, he let his tail sway behind him absently before curiously scooting closer. Maybe it was cheesy but he intended to bring Percy to his little space to possibly make out - if only a bit.

"So, did you have a boyfriend back home?" He curiously whispered as his brows raised. "I mean... I suppose it may sound a bit brash but I really want to kiss you now. You're... very cute, Percival. Quite a bit. I hope you don't think I'm too pushy..."

"How are you too pushy? I was the one who just popped up and admitted I liked you after we just started talking today. That's pushy, right?" He smiled, even if he was searching for a genuine answer in response. He didn't want to be pushy, of course. He wanted to be seen as suave and cool to Rene. Normally, he really didn't care how others perceived him. If people thought he was a miserable bastard, he genuinely didn't care - but he cared deeply how Rene perceived him, more so than he ever really thought he would.

"I don't have a boyfriend. Is that embarrassing? I assume you've had boyfriends. I haven't had a kiss or anything, it hasn't been something I've ever really... been into before. I've never met anyone I've wanted to really kiss before-- I'm not that cool, huh?"

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I've had, Ah... I wouldn't say I've had any real relationships. The people I've been with only really wanted me for... sex. I was silly, yeah? I thought they liked me and so I..." he explained quietly, in an attempt to really think over it all. He shook the thoughts away quickly, though, and offered an apologetic smile.

"Anyway, would... you want to kiss me?" He questioned as he reached to touch the other's cheek carefully. "I understand if you said no, Ah... you just look like an amazing kisser."

Hearing that he had had sex didn't really make him conscious that his first kiss with him would be any less impressive. Frankly, he didn't care about impressing him when it came to stuff like that. He wanted Rene to like him, sure, but in no way was he going to stress about not being a good kisser. He had quite openly admitted that he hadn't kissed anyone, so if he did end up being rubbish at it, there wasn't going to be any surprise involved.

"Appearances can be deceiving, you know. I'm willing to bet that I'm a terrible kisser, Rene. I've had no experience-- which I'm fine with. I don't see the need to be ashamed of the fact I haven't had any experiences yet. You have and that's totally fine too, I'm not judgemental," he grinned, pressing further forward, which wasn't too hard to do in the enclosed space. "But, uh... sure, we can kiss. I'm just not promising to be mind-blowingly amazing, you know?"

Snorting in disbelief, his attempt at being smooth only left him flustered and giggling. He didn't move from their close proximity, though, as he bashfully avoided the man's eyes. He shouldn't be getting so flustered over some random merman, it's exactly what the annoying girls had been doing since Percy's arrival. Yet, here he was, bright purple and giggling bashfully.

After a moment of trying to recover, he lightly ran a hand through Percival's hair before carefully pulling into a kiss. It was a happy medium between a heated kiss and a light peck - not too passionate as to scare the boy, but he at least wanted the other to know his feelings.

"I don't think you're a bad kisser," he whispered once pulling away. "If... that was your first kiss, I should be honored~!"

Having his first kiss with someone like Rene really didn't bother him. If his parents (specifically his father) knew that Percy merely had feelings for a monster, they'd be horrified. If they knew he had had a kiss with a monster, Percy knew that he'd probably be grounded until his 18th birthday, and the job guaranteed for him at his father's company torn from him before he even had it. It was paramount, therefore, that they didn't find out. Frankly, he didn't want them finding out about the existence of monsters anyway, even if it would be difficult to persuade his father of that.

"That was, uh-- god, that was amazing," he quickly praised, smiling wide to assure him of that, becoming aware that he had sat in expressionless silence for too long. "Really, I... didn't think it'd be that good, you know? I'm not a big fan of physical contact, so I thought I'd hate it, but-- hey, you're a really good kisser~"

"Oh, gosh - vy prosto pytayetes' zastavit' menya pokrasnet', ne tak li?" he giggled out nervously in his foreign tongue. The other's reaction initially scared him but it only made him more embarrassed when he realized the man liked it.

"Ah, well, I wouldn't mind kissing more later, if you're okay with it," he offered once calming his nerves. "A-Aha, yes. I just - I don't know why I'm so nervous?" He admitted in a babble before running a hand through his hair and looking away shyly. "Ah... I don't suppose this means we're official...?"