Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spectre

Original poster
Hi! Welcome! I have recently closed this to new players- however may open this up as time comes. So if still interested, please feel free to let me know....

Recent updates:
4/24: Set up Discord server, began the intro post.
4/25: Basic continent Map
WIP: Closer 'Local IC area ' map

....The Immortal Cell....
decay_by_solarsouth-db4nt4q.jpg

This is a story about desperate people attempting to revive their world. A world ruined by war- one that no one knows hardly anything about. Where society is crammed into kingdoms of mixed technologies, and the ones outside of these kingdoms are left to fend for themselves.

This is where you come in. Maybe you're a wandering sorcerer- looking to uncover the answers to the world's past. A lightsword-weilding drifter uncovering ancient technology. A blaster toting mercenary guarding a trade caravan between kingdoms from the harshness of the wilds. Or maybe you're just a lost moisture farmer from the desert stranded after someone or something destroyed your home. You've found your way into the nomadic societies of the wilds in some manner, and are looking to put your skills to use.

You've just heard rumor that sorcerers from across the kingdoms have uncovered a new secret- but needs able bodies to check out the findings. Someone may have actually found the legendary "Immortal Cell". Something people interpret in many different ways. A god to some, a strange creation myth to others- thinking it was the creator of all life on the planet . Basically this world's Holy Grail..Regardless- Who better to apply than you- with nothing else to lose, you apply with the market's recruiter, met your new team, and set off to the first place you were told to go....

The Forest to the north, to scout out the Monolith there- a giant structure with a city built atop it- to find one of the keys to the immortal cell itself...

5bfc77131d67bdf99c3a1b1fec01efdc.jpg

--

IC LINK!
--

• Welcome everyone to the roleplay I'm hoping to make an epic one!

I'm looking for 4-5 intermediate level roleplayers. Once i hit the capacity i'm comfortable with, I will close off the open tag on the thread.

This will encompass elements from a few different genres, mostly magipunk, and sci-fantasy. A lot of my inspiration is coming from other media such as: Star Wars, Borderlands, Final Fantasy, The Broken Empire series, and Hyper Light Drifter, among others.

The world is basically built upon a science fiction world's destruction. The roleplay would be an adventurous one with action, exploration, survival, and even some archaeology.

So take a bit and read some stuff here. If you have questions, feel free to ask me- i'd love to hear from you!

Otherwise, grab the character sheet, fill it out to your liking, and toss it up here for a review and approval!

• Where do the player Characters come in?
    'Nomads', 'Wanderers', 'Drifters', 'Mercenaries' and 'Scavengers'. They are the ones that search for relics, and ancient bits of technology... Scouting out ruins for valuable resources... mercenaries protecting caravans from kingdom to kingdom... People who wander place to place without much of a permanent home.

These adventurers take up the life of selling information, technology, relics, and other scavenged goods for a profit. Learning, and even sometimes coveting their findings. Most of them live in the vast areas between known civilizations.

Each character's story would start in a central 'city' in the middle of a wilderness, where nomads can gather for necessary trades, etc... And overheard a crier in the market- asking for able bodied folks to uncover truth to a rumor found by the Librarian Society (A sorcerer's society of historians and other intellectuals. Well known for their technological discoveries). That there would be something found within specified monoliths found around the world- keys that would unlock the mysteries of the past- and bring the world back to prosperity
    The actual roleplay will start all characters together in the middle of some adventure, however. Currently I'm in between having everyone know each other already, or having everyone be 'just' past the initial meeting phase.

Anywho- here is a simple character sheet layout for everyone!
    Name:
    [This is your character's name]

Race:
    [Human, or otherwise. Racial 'perks' need to be minimal at best. I want to keep everyone at an equal starting ballpark. I'll allow you to choose with a few exceptions. No races that give any sort of supernatural power, please. Unless that power is just the ability to use magic :P

Example Majority Races:
    Human- normal humans. No real perks, but no real downsides.
    Beastmen- Sort of a human and beast hybrid. No one knows how they came about. But some are great to have around civilization due to their natural hunting, and foraging abilities. Though most are looked at with suspicion by most other humanoids. Most aren't even allowed within kingdom walls.

Elz- elves, basically. There really aren't many of these folks about, however there are several different subspecies of Elz. Elzen people are generally proud (see: arrogant) and skilled with using actual magic. Some see the Elzen people as lucky, others see them as an omen.]

Appearance:
    [give at the very least a paragraph. If you ALSO have an image, put it in spoiler tags please. Image preferences: Realistic and Realistic Art. Anime is acceptable at best. If you're choosing a fantasy race, do the best you can :P]

Brief Bio:
    [ At least a couple paragraphs.]

Skills and Abilities:
    [Summarize them as best as possible. If you have magical affinities, just list the affinity ie: Magical Affinity- Telekinesis. If you have offensive magic, you will carry less hardware for self defense. This is for balance :).]
    • Magical Affinity- Fire
    • Basic firearms repair and maintenance
    • advanced martial arts focus: Striking and trapping
    • Moderate knowledge of precursor technology and lore
    • Linguistics/Literacy

Equipment:
    • Armor/Clothing: [ie: light flowing clothing and cloak/cowl to deal with desert heat. Armored greaves and helmet.]
    • Weaponry: [IE: Rechargeable Blaster Rifle, walking staff]
    • Technology: [ie: Night Vision capable visor. Crystal Compass. Viewfinder]
    • Other Items Carried: [IE: collapsible water bottle. Chemlights. Large net for capture/holding scavenged bits. Dehydrated food rations.]

• 8f03d3699465165c9a7bf83e2587cd32.jpg

Ages ago, there was an advanced society. So advanced, that they say they became equal with their gods. The gods were jealous of their stagnancy compared to their creations' advancements- and a war began. No one knows who the participants really were, or who won this war- but based upon the state of the world- it doesn't look like either side prevailed.

94bd7d7f4b6fa36bed21a704a7dbc950.jpg

What remains of the ruins of the ancient civilizations are now just part of the topography- old skyscraper structures, temples, and what appear to have been war machines or giant mechanical constructs poke up from the ground. All covered in trees or recovered greenery, and decades of dirt.

069437561c024991f35e9ce0c2b6cd5f.jpg

No one remembers knows how long ago this happened. Time was lost- and people tried to move on.
    Most try to get on with their meager existence and don't have luxuries of worrying about the 'why's and 'if's.The ones that 'do' care are generally the historians, 'sorcerers', and other intellectuals living closer into the kingdoms that have the luxury of free time.

4e49af19ab66ba81d4752addff0ae0b7.jpg

A majority of people live in less than favorable conditions- agrarian cultures surrounding kingdoms built by themselves with less than favorable tech. The lucky live within walls of small kingdoms scattered few and far between, and the less than fortunate live in the wastes and wilderness- scavenging for their living.

oblivion.jpg

Everything else is vast wasteland and wilderness. People don't often go out, because the ones that do- aren't normally seen again. Especially at night. The areas between kingdoms are generally lawless areas that you do not go in unprepared- for fear of imminent death. If you don't get lost, starve or dehydrate... Frightful beasts, and highwaymen tribes roam the wilderness and wastes.

• Basic World Geography- I'll have a map up at some point. For now, you get a terrible description.

The continent is incredibly large, but longer east to west than north-south. Toward the north is more temparate, though has alpine parts. There are two large land mass-islands at the north past Nord, and northwest past Gallia. Toward the far west of the continent it starts getting a more semiarid feel. Central is hills, mountains, Forests and river-lands. Farther East is mountain-y before getting subtropical toward the coasts. Far south is like Arid and near tropical.

oXySDm5.jpg

• Magic is a thing! Despite how rare it is to see harnessed by a person, it's an integral part of society's architecture, engineering, and infrastructure.

I'm going to leave personal abilities up to the player for the most part. I will likely be putting up my input on all characters who need tweaks, and will certainly comment on magical abilities if you choose any.

Two types of magic- one is more sorcerer like: natural ability. These are incredibly rare. They are the people who can use magic without catalysts. Healers, ESPers, elemental mages... Things like- Creating fire from nowhere, stitching minor wounds back together, and lifting small items with their mind.

There is also crystal-based magic- harnessed in technology, and arcane study. Magic is 'cast' through crystals as a catalyst, but requires a large amount of focus, and study to use properly.

Some study them like engineers- building technologies powered by these crystals- like firearms, blaster weapons, automatons, machines... others study them for personal use, unlocking powerful abilities {elemental magic, kinetic magic, etc] and information.

-Some of these items require crystals as a power source. Other items - like staves, or the like, can cast spells from/through a crystal.

-Advanced crystals placed into power packs into armors can even create minor shielding technology- to protect the wearer from a small amount of damage. Like a form cast bubble around the user.
    Crystal based magic is also used as generators for power in cities and other technology requiring it.

• Burkhart- a hulking northman

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: SilentxChaos
Well, this certainly seems interesting, looks like I should start drawing up a character then, yes?

Name:
Burkhart König

Race:
Referred to as a Barbarian. He seems to comprise mostly human traits in the way his body is structured. Though his overall build suggests he is a subspecies of the Human race. Especially with how predictable it is to figure out what people of his kind will end up looking like, and acting like. The species itself, stands at a minimum 6'4 among the women, and at the very least 6'9 among the men. The muscle structure of a Barbarian is highly pronounced, they are built like warriors, brutal and unforgiving with their strength. They have very strong facial structures, and tend to keep facial hair and tattoos as markings of each tribe they are from.

Generally a Barbarian is inhumanely strong, with accounts ranging from being able to lift over 400lbs without flinching, to stories of a Barbarian throwing a rock, that even a monster couldn't lift. No one is quite sure how true certain parts of these stories are, however based on appearance one can easily guess things aren't going to go well if you fight one.

As a trade off however, the Barbarian's seem a bit more dimwitted, and traditionally bound. They aren't stupid, however they lack the knowledge to efficiently operate computer equipment, and higher levels of technology. They also are very honor bound due to their upbringing, causing them to usually call out opponents for open combat. Along with these they tend to find brute force is the easiest path to victory, certainly a door can be opened slowly, or it can be kicked in by a raging Barbarian with an axe.

As Adventurer's they are easily swayed, and tricked. They spend most of their life within a tribe, learning very little of the outside world. They are easy to distract, both with women, and with insults. A bar brawl is more than likely to ensue around a Barbarian. Additionally they are very protective of their party members, mostly because they understand their friends are the only way they can get around, due to their own limited abilities to do tasks more complex than fighting, breaking, and looting heavy objects.

In addition to their lack of the general ability to take up heavily complex tasks, they are very unskilled with technology, and don't speak the common tongue well. Leaving them prone to making mistakes in their speech, or in the case of computers becoming aggravated and breaking them.

Appearance:
d51b8be9a3854f682a06ef6473555ff1.jpg
Burkhart is considered among the bigger of his tribe, and his kind. He stands at around 7'4, putting him well above the standard for an average human male, and even above the average height for his own species. In true Barbarian Fashion Burkhart wears whatever he pleases, being mostly scavenged equipment inscribed with a variety of symbols near and dear to his heart, and his tribe. Almost everything he carries is considered practical weight, and next to none of it is for show.

His arms are covered with a runic tattoo, if asked he'll usually explain the symbols translate to a great story of his tribe. Though he's not keen to tell it, partially because he hasn't finished translating it to common tongue, and also because he believes only another true warrior should hear the tale. His body is covered with a metal chest plate, and shoulder plates to protect his vital areas from wounds. Over top are a few pouches, that connect to his belt, which holds a few more useful items, or at least useful in his own eyes.

Burkhart's clothing varies, mostly in color, usually a tan, or an olive drab green to blend in with a variety of environments.

Brief Bio:
Burkhart was born to the Tribe of the Bear, in the far north of this world. To a family that was well renown as the fighters of the tribe. Certainly they weren't the only family known for this, however the König family was always famous for their size, strength, and general brutality. So by extension most could guess Burkhart was destined for greatness from the day he was born into the world. Many knew he would be swinging the weapons of their people, and conquering the weaker tribes, long before Burkhart even knew this to be true.

So his existence was, and would always be the life of a warrior. From the day he could walk, and speak, Burkhart was destined to fight, and train to do so. There was little to no breaks in his life, from his childhood, his form of play, was more or less the equivalent of nearly killing the other children of his tribe. He was bigger than most of them, and much more vicious. Thankfully he never did kill another young child, as the older fighters would step in, and stop a scuffle if it got too heated. Mostly to prevent a good warrior being wasted, due to a mishap among the young.

Once Burkhart was declared a man, which in his tribe was the age of sixteen years, he was given his first weapon. A mighty great axe, a weapon fit for someone of his size. It was to be the only weapon deemed worthy of fighting with him, and so it was for his time still in the tribe. It never left his hands, as it cut through swathes of beasts, and other humans. Surely there was no great war, but each battle Burkhart engaged in, left enough blood on the ground, to make one wonder whether ten men had fought there, or if several hundred had.

Though his tale of conquest came to an end eventually. The Tribe of the Bear had become too powerful in the eyes of the rest of the North, in particular the other still independent tribes. So came the end of the Tribe of the Bear, in a fiery war, that wrought the land for nearly two years with combat. Burkhart fought long and hard, some even say he was among the last of his tribe to fall to the ground from exhaustion and wounds.

Believed dead, the grounds were abandoned, the bodies of Burkhart and his tribe left to feed the soil, and the animals far and wide. Yet Burkhart wasn't dead, instead he was dragged off by an old man, another Barbarian. A hermit who had long ago left his own tribe. He found Burkhart and nursed him to health. On the one condition, that Burkhart would take up a simple mantle, the life of an Adventurer. For no long could the old man adventure, it was soon his time to pass onto the next life.

Burkhart was given this task for one reason, and one reason only. Because he was to spread the life of the Barbarian's, the glory of the race. It was also to stray him from a path of vengeance, and instead toward of one of learning and acceptance. Perhaps the one trait that is most forgotten by the entire species. So Burkhart was swayed, mostly due to the circumstances. Within in his tribe, respecting an elder Barbarian was always required, and respecting someone who saved your life was further demanded. So Burkhart forfeited his life, to take up this journey.

Now at the age of 24 years old, Burkhart travels the lands, seeking an adventuring party, glory, and knowledge to better his understanding of the world before he returns to the tribes of the north, to change their views on the world.

Skills and Abilities:
  • Close Combat, exceptionally skilled in both heavy melee weapons, and hand to hand combat.
  • Firearms repair, and usage. His love of some close range firearms, has made him overlook the downsides of the weapons.
  • Strength, truly his best asset is raw strength. Knocking a door down isn't a terribly hard task, nor is prying open an ancient hydraulic door. His limits haven't been fully tested, but one can assume if pushed to, the man could do almost anything.

Equipment:
  • A set of old armor. It seems durable enough to stand up to most melee weapons, and even ballistics gear. It hasn't been tested against laser weapons however.
  • Greataxe, a massive two handed weapon, this beast is made of some of the finest materials available, and can very easily slice open most people, and beasts within the world. It is a double bladed axe, with a sharpened head on each side.
  • Custom shotgun, this weapon was hand built to match his size, and frame. It uses an 8 gauge shell, which can easily be reloaded by hand, to fire just about anything in the world. It's something of a blunderbuss in that regard, not asking for any special ammunition, just a loaded chamber to kill.
iudicare_shotgun_by_robbe25-d36yasp.png

@Spectre

Aloha aloha - just reposting my question from the planning thread.

Curious to know if pseudo lycanthropy / animal-type genetic modifications are permissible :) have a character I'd like to throw into the forray who is a kind of reverse werewolf (so wolf turned human). Or alternatively, one that has rather crocodilian traits~

@Spectre

Aloha aloha - just reposting my question from the planning thread.

Curious to know if pseudo lycanthropy / animal-type genetic modifications are permissible :) have a character I'd like to throw into the forray who is a kind of reverse werewolf (so wolf turned human). Or alternatively, one that has rather crocodilian traits~

Ah yes I apologize.
I think I may list out playable races.

Generally i like an open ended approch, but realize it can be hard for some people to put their thought process into a world that doesnt have a lot spelled out for it.

Though 'Beastmen' was going to be a part of that. Basically humanoids with beastlake traits. Does that help answer your question?

Also, feel free to PM me, if you really had your heart set on something let me know.

Name:

Cirdan

Race:
GreenHeart

The GreenHearts are a clearly sub species of human, Some people even suggest that they are simply 'infected' humans. Some of the unifying traits of GreenHearts are the fact that their hair is more like strands of moss or lichin, even when bald they appear to have a fine layer of moss on their scalp. Additionally all GreenHearts have luminous green eyes, Some doctors claim this is because of a bioluminescent plant that is part of their eyeballs. GreenHearts are somewhere between Humans and plants, They exhibit a lot of human traits and can be mistaken for humans often enough, However if one was to spend any amount of time with a GreenHeart they would learn very quickly they weren't human. GreenHearts have a few key differences from humans, These are first and foremostly the capacity to photosynthesize, While this allows them to survive on nothing but water, they still feel hunger and most avoid it at all costs, additionally when Photosynthesizing rather than eating GreenHearts cannot move very far without expending all their energy. The Second major difference is in their blood, when cut GreenHearts bleed a thick amber sap that clogs the wound, while these amber scabs reduce the blood-loss from wounds, It slows healing and often results in scars being a deep green colour. The final major difference is that GreenHearts have extended lifespans, Sharing lifespans with their plant-relations, the oldest GreenHearts can live up to 300 years old. GreenHearts also have one truly supernatural power, but it is never talked about or even considered during their lives. Upon their death GreenHearts Erupt in to a thick green soup that coats the area around their corps with life-giving soup, within months, a tree will have grown from the location of their death.

Appearance:
Cirdan is about average height for males of his race at about 6'2" and keeps his hair at about shoulder length, its often quite the mess, mostly due to the fact it insists on growing leaves which he often forgets to trim off. His eyes are the universal green of his race, while lightly built he has a good amount of visible muscle. He wears a light leather tunic and cargo trousers made of a light but warm material over this he will wear a long green woolen cloak to keep himself warm. He has a handful of scars along one arm, along with a tattoo on his left shoulder of a tree where the trunk is a DNA strand.

Brief Bio:
Cirdan wasn't born, or infected, at least so-far as he can remember, the first memory he had was awaking in a long since ruined temple in the forests, He spent several years exploring the temple before leaving it, During his explorations he found some of the equipment he now carries. He also found the tunic he wears. He spent several dozen years wandering through the forests at least what he thought was the forests, In reality it was some kind of ruined city long since overgrown, keeping himself alive by scavenging and finding food. He often spent meany a night sick or worse because he'd eaten something toxic.

Upon leaving the forest he was an adult, at least by most people's standards, he spent his time wandering the world, plying what little trade he had, mostly curing ills and selling herbs and tinctures he'd learnt to make. He made a small name for himself as a 'druid' whatever that ment. He didn't care for titles or anything really, more interested in learning more about the world and nature.

During his travels he encountered few other of his kind, few and far between as they were. One particular such encounter was to have a profound effect on the young druid, for that is what he'd become despite his denial of the fact. While wandering in the forest one year he encountered an ancient GreenHeart, several centuries old now who had decided that he would no longer wonder the world, but had rather found a place to rest against a war machine of the war of the gods where he could see the passing of the stars. Bringing this ancient food, Cirdan elicited a long, slow conversation as the ancient one slowly came back to this world from wherever his rest had taken him. This conversation caused Cirdan to question his life, question what he was doing and why he was doing it. Taking the old GreenHeart's blade and at his request ending his life, causing the warmachine to be consumed in a riot of new life. Cirdan turned his back on the ancient GreenHeart's death site and at the same time, turned his back on a life of mundane medicine and headed out to discover what this world truly had to offer. A adventurer, a druid, a healer, Which one would he become, He didn't know, but he was going to find out.

Skills and Abilities:
[Summarize them as best as possible. If you have magical affinities, just list the affinity ie: Magical Affinity- Telekinesis. If you have offensive magic, you will carry less hardware for self defense. This is for balance :).]
  • Druidic Knowledge
    • Cirdan knows what plants are toxic, which ones can be used to heal and what make fantastic soups. He also often carries with him a collection of dried herbs and pre-made tinctures.
  • Combat
    • Cirdan's life of a wanderer has given him decent experience with a blade (nothing compared to a trained warrior), though due to his light and leith form he has a dislike of combat through strength as he calls it, and prefers to fight fast and agile relying on toxins on his blades and his knowledge of the body to do the work for him.
  • Healers Knowledge
    • He can set bones, stitch wounds and such, this however extends to the exact opposite, he knows where most humanoid species vital organs are, what'll hurt the most if he breaks it and just where to shove a sharp thing to puncture something important.
  • GreenHeart Traits
    • As detailed in race, He dosn't bleed from wounds anywhere near as much as normal people but heals slower and can see in the dark(Only in grayscale, well greenscale, everything is shades of green), photosynthesize ect.
  • Life of a wonderer
    • Cirdan spent a lot of his time wandering from place to place and exploring the unknown parts of the world for new herbs or similar. This has given him a very strong internal compass as well as the capacity to navigate by the stars and sun.

Equipment:
  1. Armor/Clothing: Lightweight under clothes (The tunic and jeans) that are suitable for warmer conditions, with the heavy woolen cloak for colder conditions, all made not to get in the way while fighting but not suitable for extreme conditions.
  2. Weaponry: Folding blade, This weapon, when not in use looks like a sword hilt, however when activated it folds out to form a fully functional blade just like any other, Cirdan has taken to coating it in various toxins he can find. Additionally the hilt has a slot for a power source, however Cirdan has no idea what inserting a power source does nor has he found one that fits. The blade is made of some odd metal that once the blade is folded out seems to form a single solid piece of metal, strong enough to resist hard light blades. He also carries a collection toxins, and other chemical compounds that he has made that produce varying effects from smoke, to light to even producing a ball of flame when the bottle is opened or shattered. He also carries a basic staff of wood, though he doesn't use it for combat.
  3. Technology: Water Reclaimer, This small 1l water bottle is the same size as a 2L bottle but on a good day can refill itself fully, However its real use comes from the fact it has a solar panel on one side and can be used to purify unclean water into its internal canister. Given three hours of direct sunlight can give it enough power for either 1 days worth of reclamation from the air (1 Liter produced) , Or enough power to purify 4 liters of water.
  4. Other Items Carried: Glowsticks, A jar of luminous mold, a 2m by 2m waterproof tarpaulin, a hunting knife, A personal note book full of his own discoveries and recipes for potions and tinctures, A mechanical grinder (Turn the handle on the side and the blades inside wizz round), several dozen empty, collapsible plastic vials, A wide range of herbs and berries each in their own small pouch.
Image For the sword in action,
mvh3caI.gif

Quick opinon on how things should start: I think most players having just met/just past introductions, however let the players arrange pre-known interactions, EG 2 players could agree that their characters have worked together before.​

Last edited:
Name:
Burkhart König

Race:
Referred to as a Barbarian. He seems to comprise mostly human traits in the way his body is structured. Though his overall build suggests he is a subspecies of the Human race. Especially with how predictable it is to figure out what people of his kind will end up looking like, and acting like. The species itself, stands at a minimum 6'4 among the women, and at the very least 6'9 among the men. The muscle structure of a Barbarian is highly pronounced, they are built like warriors, brutal and unforgiving with their strength. They have very strong facial structures, and tend to keep facial hair and tattoos as markings of each tribe they are from.

Generally a Barbarian is inhumanely strong, with accounts ranging from being able to lift over 400lbs without flinching, to stories of a Barbarian throwing a rock, that even a monster couldn't lift. No one is quite sure how true certain parts of these stories are, however based on appearance one can easily guess things aren't going to go well if you fight one.

As a trade off however, the Barbarian's seem a bit more dimwitted, and traditionally bound. They aren't stupid, however they lack the knowledge to efficiently operate computer equipment, and higher levels of technology. They also are very honor bound due to their upbringing, causing them to usually call out opponents for open combat. Along with these they tend to find brute force is the easiest path to victory, certainly a door can be opened slowly, or it can be kicked in by a raging Barbarian with an axe.

As Adventurer's they are easily swayed, and tricked. They spend most of their life within a tribe, learning very little of the outside world. They are easy to distract, both with women, and with insults. A bar brawl is more than likely to ensue around a Barbarian. Additionally they are very protective of their party members, mostly because they understand their friends are the only way they can get around, due to their own limited abilities to do tasks more complex than fighting, breaking, and looting heavy objects.

Appearance:
d51b8be9a3854f682a06ef6473555ff1.jpg
Burkhart is considered among the bigger of his tribe, and his kind. He stands at around 7'4, putting him well above the standard for an average human male, and even above the average height for his own species. In true Barbarian Fashion Burkhart wears whatever he pleases, being mostly scavenged equipment inscribed with a variety of symbols near and dear to his heart, and his tribe. Almost everything he carries is considered practical weight, and next to none of it is for show.

His arms are covered with a runic tattoo, if asked he'll usually explain the symbols translate to a great story of his tribe. Though he's not keen to tell it, partially because he hasn't finished translating it to common tongue, and also because he believes only another true warrior should hear the tale. His body is covered with a metal chest plate, and shoulder plates to protect his vital areas from wounds. Over top are a few pouches, that connect to his belt, which holds a few more useful items, or at least useful in his own eyes.

Burkhart's clothing varies, mostly in color, usually a tan, or an olive drab green to blend in with a variety of environments.

Brief Bio:
Burkhart was born to the Tribe of the Bear, in the far north of this world. To a family that was well renown as the fighters of the tribe. Certainly they weren't the only family known for this, however the König family was always famous for their size, strength, and general brutality. So by extension most could guess Burkhart was destined for greatness from the day he was born into the world. Many knew he would be swinging the weapons of their people, and conquering the weaker tribes, long before Burkhart even knew this to be true.

So his existence was, and would always be the life of a warrior. From the day he could walk, and speak, Burkhart was destined to fight, and train to do so. There was little to no breaks in his life, from his childhood, his form of play, was more or less the equivalent of nearly killing the other children of his tribe. He was bigger than most of them, and much more vicious. Thankfully he never did kill another young child, as the older fighters would step in, and stop a scuffle if it got too heated. Mostly to prevent a good warrior being wasted, due to a mishap among the young.

Once Burkhart was declared a man, which in his tribe was the age of sixteen years, he was given his first weapon. A mighty great axe, a weapon fit for someone of his size. It was to be the only weapon deemed worthy of fighting with him, and so it was for his time still in the tribe. It never left his hands, as it cut through swathes of beasts, and other humans. Surely there was no great war, but each battle Burkhart engaged in, left enough blood on the ground, to make one wonder whether ten men had fought there, or if several hundred had.

Though his tale of conquest came to an end eventually. The Tribe of the Bear had become too powerful in the eyes of the rest of the North, in particular the other still independent tribes. So came the end of the Tribe of the Bear, in a fiery war, that wrought the land for nearly two years with combat. Burkhart fought long and hard, some even say he was among the last of his tribe to fall to the ground from exhaustion and wounds.

Believed dead, the grounds were abandoned, the bodies of Burkhart and his tribe left to feed the soil, and the animals far and wide. Yet Burkhart wasn't dead, instead he was dragged off by an old man, another Barbarian. A hermit who had long ago left his own tribe. He found Burkhart and nursed him to health. On the one condition, that Burkhart would take up a simple mantle, the life of an Adventurer. For no long could the old man adventure, it was soon his time to pass onto the next life.

Burkhart was given this task for one reason, and one reason only. Because he was to spread the life of the Barbarian's, the glory of the race. It was also to stray him from a path of vengeance, and instead toward of one of learning and acceptance. Perhaps the one trait that is most forgotten by the entire species. So Burkhart was swayed, mostly due to the circumstances. Within in his tribe, respecting an elder Barbarian was always required, and respecting someone who saved your life was further demanded. So Burkhart forfeited his life, to take up this journey.

Now at the age of 24 years old, Burkhart travels the lands, seeking an adventuring party, glory, and knowledge to better his understanding of the world before he returns to the tribes of the north, to change their views on the world.

Skills and Abilities:
  • Close Combat, exceptionally skilled in both heavy melee weapons, and hand to hand combat.
  • Firearms repair, and usage. His love of some close range firearms, has made him overlook the downsides of the weapons.
  • Strength, truly his best asset is raw strength. Knocking a door down isn't a terribly hard task, nor is prying open an ancient hydraulic door. His limits haven't been fully tested, but one can assume if pushed to, the man could do almost anything.

Equipment:
  • A set of old armor. It seems durable enough to stand up to most melee weapons, and even ballistics gear. It hasn't been tested against laser weapons however.
  • Greataxe, a massive two handed weapon, this beast is made of some of the finest materials available, and can very easily slice open most people, and beasts within the world. It is a double bladed axe, with a sharpened head on each side.
  • Custom shotgun, this weapon was hand built to match his size, and frame. It uses an 8 gauge shell, which can easily be reloaded by hand, to fire just about anything in the world. It's something of a blunderbuss in that regard, not asking for any special ammunition, just a loaded chamber to kill.
iudicare_shotgun_by_robbe25-d36yasp.png
(*) I'm good with being physically imposingn and strong- but despite you saying they weren't as intelligent, i dont see that as being a real setback in the RP. This guy is a massive powerhouse. Maybe he doesn't speak much common tongue? Maybe he can't read? I think since he's so one sided in the physical realm there's gotta be some give and take.

I mean dude that size can't be very quick unless he's superhuman, so I'm not worried about balance for combat. But other than thE issue above I like him, and think everything looks alright!

I'll add in something later, when I'm back at my computer.

Name:

Cirdan

Race:
GreenHeart

The GreenHearts are a clearly sub species of human, Some people even suggest that they are simply 'infected' humans. Some of the unifying traits of GreenHearts are the fact that their hair is more like strands of moss or lichin, even when bald they appear to have a fine layer of moss on their scalp. Additionally all GreenHearts have luminous green eyes, Some doctors claim this is because of a bioluminescent plant that is part of their eyeballs. GreenHearts are somewhere between Humans and plants, They exhibit a lot of human traits and can be mistaken for humans often enough, However if one was to spend any amount of time with a GreenHeart they would learn very quickly they weren't human. GreenHearts have a few key differences from humans, These are first and foremostly the capacity to photosynthesize, While this allows them to survive on nothing but water, they still feel hunger and most avoid it at all costs, additionally when Photosynthesizing rather than eating GreenHearts cannot move very far without expending all their energy. The Second major difference is in their blood, when cut GreenHearts bleed a thick amber sap that clogs the wound, while these amber scabs reduce the blood-loss from wounds, It slows healing and often results in scars being a deep green colour. The final major difference is that GreenHearts have extended lifespans, Sharing lifespans with their plant-relations, the oldest GreenHearts can live up to 500 years old, However once past the age of about 200 most GreenHearts chose not to associate with people and spend time alone in the forests. GreenHearts also have one truly supernatural power, but it is never talked about or even considered during their lives. Upon their death GreenHearts Erupt in to a thick green soup that coats the area around their corps with life-giving soup, within months, a tree will have grown from the location of their death.

Appearance:
Cirdan is about average height for males of his race at about 6'2" and keeps his hair at about shoulder length, its often quite the mess, mostly due to the fact it insists on growing leaves which he often forgets to trim off. His eyes are the universal green of his race, while lightly built he has a good amount of visible muscle. He wears a light leather tunic and cargo trousers made of a light but warm material over this he will wear a long green woolen cloak to keep himself warm. He has a handful of scars along one arm, along with a tattoo on his left shoulder of a tree where the trunk is a DNA strand.

Brief Bio:
Cirdan wasn't born, or infected, at least so-far as he can remember, the first memory he had was awaking in a long since ruined temple in the forests, He spent several years exploring the temple before leaving it, During his explorations he found some of the equipment he now carries. He also found the tunic he wears. He spent several dozen years wandering through the forests at least what he thought was the forests, In reality it was some kind of ruined city long since overgrown, keeping himself alive by scavenging and finding food. He often spent meany a night sick or worse because he'd eaten something toxic.

Upon leaving the forest he was an adult, at least by most people's standards, he spent his time wandering the world, plying what little trade he had, mostly curing ills and selling herbs and tinctures he'd learnt to make. He made a small name for himself as a 'druid' whatever that ment. He didn't care for titles or anything really, more interested in learning more about the world and nature.

During his travels he encountered few other of his kind, few and far between as they were. One particular such encounter was to have a profound effect on the young druid, for that is what he'd become despite his denial of the fact. While wandering in the forest one year he encountered an ancient GreenHeart, several centuries old now who had decided that he would no longer wonder the world, but had rather found a place to rest against a war machine of the war of the gods where he could see the passing of the stars. Bringing this ancient food, Cirdan elicited a long, slow conversation as the ancient one slowly came back to this world from wherever his rest had taken him. This conversation caused Cirdan to question his life, question what he was doing and why he was doing it. Taking the old GreenHeart's blade and at his request ending his life, causing the warmachine to be consumed in a riot of new life. Cirdan turned his back on the ancient GreenHeart's death site and at the same time, turned his back on a life of mundane medicine and headed out to discover what this world truly had to offer. A adventurer, a druid, a healer, Which one would he become, He didn't know, but he was going to find out.

Skills and Abilities:
  • Druidic Knowledge
    • Cirdan knows what plants are toxic, which ones can be used to heal and what make fantastic soups. He also often carries with him a collection of dried herbs and pre-made tinctures.
  • Combat
    • Cirdan's life of a wanderer has given him decent experience with a blade (nothing compared to a trained warrior), though due to his light and leith form he has a dislike of combat through strength as he calls it, and prefers to fight fast and agile relying on toxins on his blades and his knowledge of the body to do the work for him.
  • Healers Knowledge
    • He can set bones, stitch wounds and such, this however extends to the exact opposite, he knows where most humanoid species vital organs are, what'll hurt the most if he breaks it and just where to shove a sharp thing to puncture something important.
  • GreenHeart Traits
    • As detailed in race, He dosn't bleed from wounds anywhere near as much as normal people but heals slower and can see in the dark, photosynthesize ect.
  • Life of a wonderer
    • Cirdan spent a lot of his time wandering from place to place and exploring the unknown parts of the world for new herbs or similar. This has given him a very strong internal compass as well as the capacity to navigate by the stars and sun.

Equipment:
  1. Armor/Clothing: Lightweight under clothes (The tunic and jeans) that are suitable for warmer conditions, with the heavy woolen cloak for colder conditions, all made not to get in the way while fighting but not suitable for extreme conditions.
  2. Weaponry: Folding blade, This weapon, when not in use looks like a sword hilt, however when activated it folds out to form a fully functional blade just like any other, Cirdan has taken to coating it in various toxins he can find. Additionally the hilt has a slot for a power source, however Cirdan has no idea what inserting a power source does nor has he found one that fits. He also carries a collection toxins, and other chemical compounds that he has made that produce varying effects from smoke, to light to even producing a ball of flame when the bottle is opened or shattered. He also carries a basic staff of wood, though he doesn't use it for combat.
  3. Technology: Water Reclaimer, This small 1l water bottle is the same size as a 2L bottle but on a good day can refill itself fully, However its real use comes from the fact it has a solar panel on one side and can be used to purify unclean water into its internal canister. Given three hours of direct sunlight can give it enough power for either 1 days worth of reclamation from the air (1 Liter produced) , Or enough power to purify 4 liters of water.
  4. Other Items Carried: Glowsticks, A jar of luminous mold, a 2m by 2m waterproof tarpaulin, a hunting knife, A personal note book full of his own discoveries and recipes for potions and tinctures, A mechanical grinder (Turn the handle on the side and the blades inside wizz round), several dozen empty, collapsible plastic vials, A wide range of herbs and berries each in their own small pouch.
Image For the sword in action,
mvh3caI.gif

Quick opinon on how things should start: I think most players having just met/just past introductions, however let the players arrange pre-known interactions, EG 2 players could agree that their characters have worked together before.​

Hehe, plant people!
The only real issues are here:
-Elaborate on his ability to see in the dark. I'd greatly suggest low light vision, compared to being able to see in complete darkness.
-The species longevity should be shortened a bit. Maybe max 300? People who can live that long would absolutely have recollection of the downfall events through stories, etc. The events happened less than a thousand years ago. Unless you mention a reason that absolutely none of them have spoken to anyone about it. Maybe the ones who hold any of the knowledge are secluded in forests aND maybe don't speak the common tongue or something.

But sounds good otherwise!

Edits made, Seeing in the dark is now only in shades of green, so everything is different shades of green, and changed the longevity to 300.

• Thank You
Reactions: Spectre
@Majem

Certainly.
As i state to everyone, let me know of any questions that arise!

Name:
Gallivan

Race:
Human

Appearance:
desert_punk_by_miscee-d4f2o96.jpg
Standing at a meager 5'2, and a face hidden permanently behind a mask and goggles, Gallivan is not a person you'd find easily in any sort of crowd. His fingerless gloves show pale fingertips with worn fingernails, but everything else is usually covered by one or more layers of simple clothing. Even then, one can tell he is rather thin.

Brief Bio:
Somewhere within the mountains at the center of the continent, there lay a particular ruin that has had many visitors, but still held some overlooked treasure. Or so the rumors went. It would take days of crawling through tunnels so narrow most people didn't even fit, just to reach a final, untouched, room that supposedly held more artifacts. It would take a very determined, very small man to reach said treasure and when he did, another hand reached for it. A female scavenger had found another way in only moments prior, and while conversation was hostile at first, it soon grew into camaraderie. Eventually the pair had a son and they named him Gallivan.

Following in his parents footsteps, Gallivan became a scavenger, wandering across the lands in search of artifacts and other treasures. While they remained within the vicinity of civilisation when he was an infant, they soon took him out to join them in their life. So, most of his life Gallivan did not see anyone other than his parents and even when he did, they hid away from any potential hostiles. The times he did interact with people was inside cities or when travelling with caravans, although there was little in ways of conversation besides trading and the occasional gamble. Once Gallivan reached adulthood, his parents parted with him after giving him their most valued possession: A hard-light scimitar. The treasure that had brough the two together.

A life of isolation has left him socially distant, but he does not seem to mind too much. He is rather cynical about people and their intentions and will for the most part only look out for himself. He understands family bonds and friendships, but he hasn't met many he felt any sort of empathy for. Nor has he stayed in one place long enough to form any sort of friendship, to begin with. Only a few patrons in a select few bars remember him enough for Gallivan to feel comfortable around.
Intentionally avoiding the same place twice, never staying longer than a day and only returning when the patrons have most likely forgotten about him has left his tracks nearly invisible to any competitor scavengers or enemies he may have made along the way. Hiding away from stronger folk does not mean Gallivan shies away from stepping in to claim someone elses discoveries, but he is very patient when doing so.

Skills and Abilities:
  • Ninja: With his humble stature and weight, Gallivan can jump, climb, swing, balance and hang from ledges with incredible ease for extended periods of time. He's learned to make less noise when he moves and he can hide in the smallest of spaces.
  • Efficient: Gallivan can go for very long on little food.
  • Nightwalker: Preferring to be active during the night, Gallivan can see in the dark better than most humans.
  • Glass cannon: Hiding away and striking from the shadows has left him with little experience against someone in a fight. He may be able to dodge slower targets and cut down unarmed opponents with his scimitar, but he will lose a head-on battle against an experienced or well-equipped fighter.
  • Self-taught: He is familiar with his scimitar's weight and length thanks to some training from his parents and some of his own, but he hasn't been in an actual sword fight.

Equipment:
  • Armor/Clothing: Light flowing clothing and cloak to deal with desert heat. A helmet is the only protection from physical injury he has, as anything else would weigh him down too much, but it doesn't help against much other than small debris falling on him. His goggles remain on permanently, though he removes his mouth mask to eat or speak more clearly.
  • Weaponry:
    • Rechargeable energy pistol: More for intimidation than actual use as his aim is average at best. While it stays in his bag most of the time, it might not work anymore as he hasn't cared for it much.
    • His parents hard-light scimitar. While it would probably be wielded in one hand by most, it takes both of Gallivans hands for him to wield properly
    • A normal dagger
  • Technology:
    • Crystal compass
    • Monocular
    • A handful of crystals to keep his scimitar charged.
  • Other Items Carried: A waterskin, a small box filled with dried meat and fruits, a bag of nuts, rope.

Random Observation, Considering that the 'fold out' sword (which needs a minor edit to make it reasonable) seems to be rare/unusual tech What sort of rules would govern its use, also what would the common reaction to it be?

@Majem
Looks good!
my only tiny issue is him emitting no sound. If this is due to some magical enchantment, sure. Like activating a device that temporarily allows him to make absolutely no noise- I can get by on making work. But he's only human. He can certainly be quite adept at stealth- i've no issue with that at all.... but not 'virtually' silent. If not his feet, then the clothes he wears, etc, would make noise. I'm not saying he can't be damn near silent...just... not on his own. Does that make sense?

Just trying to keep everyone at a similar starting point is all.

Random Observation, Considering that the 'fold out' sword (which needs a minor edit to make it reasonable) seems to be rare/unusual tech What sort of rules would govern its use, also what would the common reaction to it be?
Rules wouldn't be that deep. It can be near indestructible, and all that. I just don't want to see it rending steel and stone with any sort of ease, etc.

I've seen the shannara chronicles tv show- so i think i understand the source material. I'd say these days, most people wouldn't be 'scared' or anything, because it seems to be a 'steel' version of hard-light blades. Maybe it could have been a prototype of the hard-light weaponry from ages ago. Most would look at it with a raised eyebrow- merchants would likely try to buy it from him as a relic. Other warriors would be intrigued for sure.

@Majem
Looks good!
my only tiny issue is him emitting no sound. If this is due to some magical enchantment, sure. Like activating a device that temporarily allows him to make absolutely no noise- I can get by on making work. But he's only human. He can certainly be quite adept at stealth- i've no issue with that at all.... but not 'virtually' silent. If not his feet, then the clothes he wears, etc, would make noise. I'm not saying he can't be damn near silent...just... not on his own. Does that make sense?

Just trying to keep everyone at a similar starting point is all.
Done. I never meant for him to be inaudible, I guess the choice of words was just poor. Thank you very much.

Rules wouldn't be that deep. It can be near indestructible, and all that. I just don't want to see it rending steel and stone with any sort of ease, etc.

I've seen the shannara chronicles tv show- so i think i understand the source material. I'd say these days, most people wouldn't be 'scared' or anything, because it seems to be a 'steel' version of hard-light blades. Maybe it could have been a prototype of the hard-light weaponry from ages ago. Most would look at it with a raised eyebrow- merchants would likely try to buy it from him as a relic. Other warriors would be intrigued for sure.
Awesome, No, I just realised if it was just a 'fold out' blade it'll cause issues due to the fact that it'll be dead easy to shatter, I'll just fluff it that its made out of some kind of rare metal (Adamant/ium/ine or mythril, or just bullshitium)

@Majem no worires at all!

@EddiEddi Thanks for the edits.

Both of you are accepted. If you make any edits, let me know! I'm keeping hardcopies for myself to refer to later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.