The House On The Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rosemary, open up, or... I'll break it down," Seth mumbled - thin or not, he was still a very capable vampire with strength incomparable to that of a human. Not that he really ever showed that he could break down doors that often. "I'm sorry, okay? For a lot of things, and it's not a-an excuse, but... I've had come really crappy stuff to deal with, and yeah, maybe I pushed you all away when you coulda helped, but you know me. Stubborn as hell."

"What you said wasn't okay, Seth, and saying sorry won't make up for it." Came her response, her voice rough from crying heavily. "Now just leave, I don't care if you break the door, I don't care if you beat me up, I just want sleep."

The older boy silently bit his lip as he hesitated outside her door nonetheless, moving to bite along his thumbnail, having always had a nervous habit of doing so - that hadn't changed all the years, anyway. If Rosemary seriously wasn't going to forgive him, which he could completely understand given he had been a bit of a jerk to her mostly - they had been best friends, and gone from that to... this.

It was pretty devastating, and he knew that he alone was at fault.

But if she wasn't going to even consider acceptance and forgiveness, he really didn't want to bother waiting around, necessarily. "...Rose, I'll move out then, alright? That's clearly what you've wanted, huh? Changed the locks and all, I saw-- just do what you want then."

"... It's not like I want to do this," She whispered, wiping tears away as she peaked through the door a tad. "I don't want to push you away, for you to hate me and me hate you. I just hate what you've become, and I understand if you want to ruin yourself, but I don't want me nor our family to be involved with that destruction either. Terry and Milli both were nearly hospitalized when you stole their medicine, since we couldn't afford another batch off schedule. I hate the way you badmouth me and the others, and I can't deal with it if you don't want to change."

"I... didn't have a choice-- I mean, I obviously did. I could not have sold off the medicine, but I was desperate. You... don't understand how desperate I was, Rosemary," he babbled, understanding that she had felt desperation in her time like the desperation to save Maxx's and Milli's marriage, and his situation held desperation as strong as that. Not wanting to really go into major detail in fear she'd just claim her uncaring attitude towards his situation which would hurt far more than he would claim, he nervously nibbled on his nails again. "...I had to pay off some guys, is all. I just got myself into their debt, I s'pose."

"And why exactly did you get into that debt?" She muttered, her tone a bit icy as she dug her multicolored nails into the wood of the door. "What got you into that debt in the first place? You hurt people because of your own issues. Terry and Milli wont admit it, but they were upset over that too. Especially Terry, Seth. He loves you, you're his BROTHER...."

"Half brother," he corrected absently, mostly to disconnect himself from guilt - he doted on Terry, far more than he had let on, and knowing the horrendous things he'd subjected him to. Hence, it was much easier to detach himself from it all, however much that did cause more pain to the people he did care most about.

"Look, just stop taking the moral fucking high ground, Rosemary. I've done wrong, blah blah. I'm not gonna just stop what I'm doing easily, you know. I'll try, but I'm not promising anything," he mumbled, doing anything he could to avoid his cousin's critical eyes. "You don't even know my boyfriend, he isn't a bad guy, you know. He's pretty cute, too! He does photography and graphic design a-at college, and he's got three jobs, so it's not like when I stay with him, he's in squalor. He's nice~"

"He's done enough shitty things that I don't CARE if he's some photographer. He's sold you off, he's done drugs, he's a shitty person and I hate him. I hate that he's turned my best friend into a drug addict and an all around ASSHOLE. You're disrespectful, you're mean, and your SELFISH. Until you find me one reason to respect what you're doing , I deserve to take the high ground. Now please leave, come back with some evidence."

"I think you're being a little over exaggerative," he mumbled flatly, proving with that sort of attitude just how he was all the things listed, and possibly a few more. He was far from the Seth he used to be, he wasn't that deluded, but in his mind, he hadn't changed that much to validate the response he was getting from everyone.

In his mind, they were all a little mean, and they ought to get off their horse and see that he was still a good guy with beliefs and whatnot.

"He didn't make me take drugs, really," he lied, desperate to at least have his boyfriend seen in a good light - even if his lover was pretty much poison. He'd never admit it, but he had been pressured into drugs, forced to do stuff he'd rather not do. Obviously, he had a choice to leave the man, and not even let things get this bad... but that was easier said than done when Seth was someone who fell in love and grew dependent on someone.

"Whatever," She murmured, closing the door once more and locking it before flopping back in her bed once again. Tugging the blankets over her, she decided to instead of lashing out at her cousin, lash out at a stuff animal she once received. Rosemary held a lot in, telling herself to never get angry at a human being... But stuffed animals weren't safe from her tyranny. Once punching all her anger and frustration out, she buried her face in the fabric with a shaky sob

Seth blinked, staring at the wooden door once it was practically slammed back in his face. Nothing, necessarily, had prepared him for that, causing a scowl to grow on his face.

Despite the girl's evident anger and upset, that of which he could hear evidently from the inside, he still couldn't bring it in himself to actually apologise again - instead, he was somewhat overcome by a raging, bubbling anger he had often felt, especially in recent months, but none of it had been directed towards his beloved cousin, until now.

"Rosemary, I think you ought to apologise," he whispered from outside, his fists clenching and unclenching at his sides, his voice rather shaky - not from nerves, but from the amount of fury running through him. "Because I... I don't think Mark will be happy when I tell him you're a complete bitch."

"Oh, no! I'm so afraid of your boyfriend, Seth! Terrified!" She replied sarcastically as she remained under her blankets. "You don't deserve an apology for me telling you the truth, Seth. So, just go back to your boyfriend and live your life, don't expect me to care if you treat me and my family like shit. "

He hesitated, ready to simply storm in, grab her by her throat and squeeze as hard as he could until she begged him to release the grip... though that would just confirm everything she was claiming he was.

In short, a barbaric, selfish monster.

As such, he had to force himself to swallow the words down, managed a quick mutter of 'sorry, see you' and, in a clearly distressed manner, hurried back to Milli - while he was probably just as disappointed and annoyed with him, he at least had the decency to listen to him. "U-Uncle? Aha... Rose is still pissed."

By now, the smaller vampire was sitting on the couch with a warm cup of tea in his hands, watching whatever was on late at night. Glancing back at his nephew, he offered a smile and patted the space besides him. "She didn't, did she? M... Well, you know her. She's stubborn. You did hurt her... Though how she's acting is a bit overdone if I do say so myself."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"I now I hurt her, and I've attempted to apologise, Milli. She's refusing to really listen to me, so what do I do?" He whined, moving to sit beside him. Going back years ago, when he was the 'sweet little vampire' everyone had known him as, he would automatically cuddle in close to his beloved uncle.

Though now? He made sure to keep his distance, on the other end of the couch and with as much reservedness as he could possibly hold. Even if he did ache desperately to be comforted, both emotionally and physically. "...I miss her, you know? She's my best friend-- and Nova, but she told me she doesn't wanna know me either. I just... I dunno what to do."

"You need to figure out who's more important in your life, Seth. Once you do, you need to find a way to both prioritize that thing, and still set time for the other. It's hard, I know, but it's the only way to really be happy. It took me a good century, after all, so it's okay if you don't figure it out for awhile. Now I really think you should sleep, I've kept your bedroom clean even if Axel insists on turning it into a weight room.."

Despite taking in the other's words and growing to understand them, the moment of seeming to come to his old sense of being was destroyed the second he took in the last comment. His face contorted to show anger almost imminently, fangs -which were mostly permanently extended these days- lengthening to their fullest to at least connote his fury. "My... father wants to turn my bedroom into a fucking weight room?! B-But I still live here, Milli! I-I don't plan on leaving y-yet-- you all just want me to piss off, don't you? W-Well, whatever then. I'll go live with Mark and... and whatever. I can't believe this... you're all jerks."​

"What he wants to do may not be nice, but... Seth, you barely even live here. When you do, it's usually maybe once a month, to sleep in your bed and leave before we even wake up. I understand where he's coming from, not to play Devil's Advocate. You don't need to worry, though! Like I said, I've convinced him to keep your room nice and tidy for when you do want to sleep here." He replied, pushing his hair from his face and offering a smile. "Relax, will you?"

"Relax... psh... I've lost my best friend, and I'm a fucking prostitute, Milli. I'm hardly going to be as cool as a cucumber, am I?" He scoffed, though the mere fact his cheeks were growing a little red, and that dorky pout was appearing rather than a bitter scowl was indicative of how he was trying to be himself, and 'relax'. "Ugh, I just want Rosemary to be on my side and help me, you know? I'm trying to get away from all the bad stuff, but when nobody supports me, it's sorta difficult."​

"I support you, and so does your father! Your brother does too, obviously..." He insisted, while moving to his feet wearily. "It's getting light out, I better head to bed... And you should too. I think all of us need a good ol' rest, and we can talk this all out tomorrow night. I cleaned those cotton sheets you like last night, so I'm sure you'd sleep well."

Status
Not open for further replies.