• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"No, it's... it's honestly fine. There's this fox that wanders up to my home sometimes and I feed it, so... I rather like animals, is what I'm saying," he quietly confirmed, debating what the right sort of response was, and eventually decided that petting the kitchen for a second or two wouldn't go amiss. After doing so, he retracted his hands and held his arms rigidly and stiffly at his sides, while forcing himself not to say or do anything that would be strange, like admitting his mother had had several cats that she'd killed and fed to his father as punishment for his affairs. Dorian was smart enough to realise that would kill the moment.

"Huh, foxes? Where do you even live? I mean, you've seen my place, why not show me yours?" He offered, while peering down at the casually purring kitten, that of whom mewled in response.

"Your parents sound weird, but they wouldn't mind having me over? I have to go out to clean up that house anyway. It's my responsibility, after all. The place is probably some historic monument, in sure Veronica would go absolutely insane if I just left it trashed. I'm not a bad person."

In that moment, he genuinely considered blurting out the truth. Not the truth about his ailment, that would severe the friendship immediately, but at least the truth about his accommodation. He could say his parents recently died and he wasn't accustomed to their deaths yet, and he lived alone in that large house in the woods. Sure, it'd reveal him to be a liar, but it was hardly a huge lie, and perhaps it was expected of a grieving son?

Eventually, regardless of consequences, he decided that he would go ahead with that. Of course, it wasn't the best decision - if Leo knew where he really lived, he could theoretically pop around for a visit on a full-moon night. Dorian, though, didn't think that far ahead.

"I... I kind of... you know when I said I occasionally stay at the house where you held the party? That's... well, that is my home. My parents and I moved in a month back, then they died, s-so I... I just wanted to pretend they were alive for a little while, but lying to you does not feel entirely right, so... that's the truth," he nodded confidently, despite lowering his eyes to pet the kitten for distraction. "Would... you like me to leave, because I lied?"

"Oh, jeez. I... I mean, I'm sorry? That's a bummer..." Leo replied awkwardly, while folding his legs as he sat on the bed. "You should have said something before we had the party. I didn't mean to trash your house. I mean... When we go to houses that are owned, it's usually one of our friends, and they consent to it. I, uh... Yeah, um... Look, I'll come with you and fix everything, yeah? I feel bad, now."

With a grunt, he pushed off the bed with a frown as he moved to pick up the clothes and held onto them tight. "So, you've just been living out in the woods for a month? Why? Like... If I were you, I would have packed out of there as soon as possible. The place looks ancient, though, aesthetic wise." He commented, while he hurried towards the wash room. "You can stay with one of us, if you want. The place didn't have running water or electricity, that fucking blows."

"My parents were quite wealthy. They... liked the idea of buying some dilapidated home and doing it up. Obviously, they didn't quite get the chance to, and I... I didn't have anywhere else to go. We're new to the area, I didn't... even know where I could go for help," he began, surprising himself again by the lies that came from his mouth. He was nervous about lying, thinking they would be revealed as lies in seconds, but, given how nervous his personality was, it didn't stand out too much.

"I can clean up, it's not a problem. I'm happy there, really, I don't need to move out," he hurriedly replied as he trailed off after him, feeling far too awkward being left alone. "I... I can cope, it's not too big of an issue."

"You shouldn't have to cope, Dorian. You need a stable house over your head, with things like food and water and shit. I'm offering you my help, and it's really annoying that you're not letting me. Just stay for a few nights or something, will you? I mean, I don't want to force you. I will, though, if I need to. You can't keep living there." He declared with a glare towards the other, his grimace evident of his annoyance.

"You are not my father, Leo, and you don't need to worry about me, I... I'm perfectly capable of caring for myself," he responded, slightly muffled and quiet. Given Leo's apparent annoyance towards him, the near silent response was only expected. He didn't want to get angry, even if Leo's insistence only made him grow irritated himself, and that wasn't an emotion he had felt for months.

"...I appreciate the help, so maybe I'll take you up on the offer soon," he finally relented, offering a non-committing shrug. "I just don't want you to think I'm living in squalor. I have a nice home and I find ways to make it work, you really don't need to think it's utterly horrid."

"You shouldn't have to find ways to make it work. You should have running water, and proper heat. We may have just met, but you're far too nice to just remain in an empty, old house all day. I could find you somewhere to stay, if you don't want to do that with me? I mean... I know I'm not the best guy to hang around," he murmured, while properly stuffing the clothes into the washer.

"Do you. I just want you to be alright, you know? I don't think its ridiculous to worry about someone who actually seems like a decent person, not some two-faced liar like most people are these days."

"...I have already lied to you, so I am a liar. I... I would like to stay here with you, rather than anyone else. I only know you and your friends, and Ezra seems to hate my guts. I really like Veronica, but I don't think Ezra would like me staying at her place, so... so that leaves you. Then again, you are my first choice," he promised, while fiddling with his hands. He knew he really shouldn't be agreeing, given how close it was to a full moon, but he figured he could sneak out on that day, spend it in the safety of his own home, and return to Leo's while the boy still slept. It sounded simple when he thought about it like that.

"That's... Really sweet. I mean, you'll probably leave me alone the minute you start making friends with other, far more interesting people. Those people you saw at that party? Those weren't my friends. They're literally just around me for my parties. Ain't that sad?" He grumbled, only frowning in realization - before blinking away tears.

"It's good, you staying around. I don't really do much when I'm alone, so... You could watch TV? I'm going to read, probably - Butterscotch is always fun, eh?"

"I'm obviously not just here because of your parties. I... I don't want to offend you, but I'm not entirely a fan of that sort of extroverted activity. I'd much prefer this, cooping up with a book and a lovely cup of tea," he admitted with an absent -but evident- smile at the mention of Butterscotch, who he'd taken an immediate liking to. He'd always liked animals, given he'd only spent his time with wild animals who'd strayed into his home, and would honestly much prefer spending time with them than trying to integrate himself in with modern humans-- besides Leo. Leo was the exception, and he'd gladly spend every minute with him if he could.

Except, even though he had no intentions getting to know many people outside of Leo and Veronica, that feeling wasn't entirely shared by the students of the high school he joined on Monday. In truth, Dorian was surprised by how easily persuaded the principal of the school was. Hell, it was pathetic that he even let Dorian join without requesting the presence of his parents... but the boy wasn't going to complain. He wanted to try and do normal things, and if he got him closer to Leo, it was hardly a negative. Besides, he'd never gone to school before, and he thought he ought to experience that at one point in his life. What better time than now, alongside Leo who he genuinely thought was his soulmate?

Given he now essentially lived with Leo -at least until the boy's parents returned-, he hadn't had to resort to stealing from the mall, or even facing the intimidating venture there alone. Thankfully, he'd had Leo to help him out a great deal, which had, admittedly, come in handy. It was down to Leo that Dorian had entered the school not just looking normal, but looking handsome too, something he vehemently argued against but, given the attention he attracted, it was useless trying to.

Having lost Leo somewhere in the crowd of students that pushed their way through the gates, he'd somehow managed to find a relatively quiet space to wait-- though was sought out immediately by Tiffany, usually just called Tee. Like many of the students in her year, she was a frequent attendee to Leo's almost infamous parties, though, unlike most people, she really wasn't his biggest fan. She wasn't going to turn down a good party, but her and Leo really didn't get along too well, and the only reason she was even permitted to attend was because of her links to Veronica, being her step-sister: her father had married Veronica's mother a year ago. It was fair to say she didn't like Veronica either, but that was down to their intrinsic differences - Tee was easily the stereotypical popular girl. Blonde, tanned, blue eyes, makeup and hair done to an inch of perfection... There wasn't much wrong with her, other than her tendency to be a complete bitch. However, if she liked you, she could be the sweetest person around, and it was fair to say she really liked Dorian.

"Why do you hang around Leo? He's such a horrid little pig, you know?" She huffed, leaning beside Dorian and taking full advantage of him being alone. "That trio... they're not good, they'll never succeed. You should hang out with me. I'm the head cheerleader, I could recommend you for the football team, and we'd get to hang out a lot more. You'd be ace on the team. Better than snorting some cocaine at the back of the school with Leo."

While passing the hallway, Veronica immediately latched on to the familiar, nasally voice of the Tiffany. Much like the other two in her small group of friends, Veronica had seen the girl grow from a normal kid, to a massive cunt, and knew the disastrous effects of what could happen if the cheerleader dug her nails into someone she liked. Shivering at the thought, the girl decided to stay back a tad while listening.

Once the mention of coke came up, though, she had no problem stepping in. Pushing up her glasses, she stormed over with flushed cheeks before rather harshly pushing the girl to the side. Yeah, they all had tried their fair share of drugs, but Veronica could easily point out the many times Tiffany had, say, put a can of beer between her boobs and insisted guys drink from it. With a huff, she shot a glance towards Dorian with a grimace.

"Are you hanging with Tee? I mean... Unfortunate."

"Why are you getting involved? I'm being nice to him, aren't I? He can have other friends outside of you and those other two losers, Vee. Hell, I'm helping him. God knows I'd be a terrible person if I let him hang around with my stepsister and her druggie mates," spat Tiffany in return, more angry that her hair had been messed up than about the hard push itself. She was used to that sort of thing from Vee, so it didn't matter too much. Besides, she could always use it to her advantage and paint Vee out to be violent, get Dorian's sympathy later on.

"Why aren't you with Ezra? I assume the poor boy's looking for you like a lost puppy. He can barely cope without you, it's downright pathetic--"

"Where is Ezra? And Leo? I... I lost them when I was heading into school," explained Dorian, the relief on his face when he saw Vee standing out. He didn't want to say he disliked Tiffany, but the flirtation was something he was uncomfortable with. At least when it came from her, anyway. "...Tiffany was simply introducing herself, I... I thought I ought to start getting along with people here, that's... that's all. Maybe I can come with you to find Leo now, though? It... was nice meeting you, anyway--"

"Oh hell no, that's not fair. I want to talk to you," pouted Tee, glaring furiously at her stepsister for her interference. "...I'll come too. I need to talk to Leo, anyway. He didn't come to my party and he said he'd bring the drugs. I personally don't do them, Dorian, I'm a good girl, but you know, all the kids here do. Even Vee, she's really not innocent like we are~"

"You aren't his type," the girl said flatly, all the while locking her eyes with Tiffany's. "You stay far the fuck away from my friends, understood? You're... You're like some leech, you need to bugger off. Look, let's go find the guys..." she murmured to Dorian, after shooting Tiffany a harsh glare.

"Why must you ruin everything I care about?" She scolded to Tiffany once Dorian was a bit off. "First you flirt with Ezra, then you make fun of Leo, now you're trying to get Dorian to hang out with you? Fuck off, seriously!"

"You aren't serious, are you? Okay, you are, wow. Firstly, Ezra didn't seem too angry when I flirted with him, darling. He seemed glad about the attention you clearly don't give him. Secondly, Leo makes fun of me constantly, it's not like I bully the guy. He's said a lot worse about me than I've ever said about him. Thirdly, have you not seen Dorian? The guy's hot. I'm going to flirt with him and befriend him if I want, you're not his keeper. He's entitled to make other friends," she spat back in return, stopping dead the moment the other decided to -Tee believed- verbally attack her over nothing.

"Honestly, you're so dramatic. Now, I told you, I have to speak to Leo, so lead the way," she huffed, motioning forward with her perfectly manicured nails. "I'm not going to stop talking to Dorian because my loser stepsister told me not to. Get over yourself, Veronica."

"You're literally just doing this because Dorian is my friend. Can't you go hang out with those dumb-ass jocks who'll get on their knees for you if you promise to suck their cock? Jesus fuck - what do you even need to say to him? I mean, are you going to blame him for the fact that you spilled beer on yourself?" She scoffed, rolling her eyes for emphasis as she led Dorian down the hall carefully.

"Whatever. Leo, Ezra, Dorian, and I are going out later, so say whatever you need to say now. Fucking - we actually plan to study. For someone who paints us out to be some drug-addicted losers, it's sad that I have better grades than you."

"You're so crass and unnecessarily rude. I'll tell your Mom later and she won't let you out, how about that? You and I both know my father won't ground me, so maybe I'll ask Dorian to go out with me? You have this assumption that I'm trying to be his friend because you were his friend first, and honestly, that's laughable. I like him, he's really handsome. He's hands-down the cutest guy in the school. Why wouldn't I try and be his friend?" She hissed, going as far as to give the other's arm a tight pinch with her long nails before trailing ahead of her to catch up with Dorian. It was only when Leo and Ezra came into view near their lockers that the smile on her face melted to a scowl.

"...Look, you don't have to be insulting, I only want to ask why you weren't at that party. I fucking paid you to get weed, didn't I? I want my money back. I could have spent that on something important," she mumbled, while fiddling with the ends of her hair with a genuine yawn. "It's only right that you give me my money back, isn't it? You let a whole bunch of people down. Maybe they'll stop gushing over your pathetic parties now."

"You didn't have to go," came Leo's deadpan response, his eyes absently scanning a page in his textbook. He had offered to help Ezra with a quick review for a class, and the locker was always their go-to meetup spot. Glancing up from the book, he offered a small smile towards Dorian before slipping the book into the locker.

"Oh my god, Tee! Who gives a shit? It's some skunk. I'll give you the cash, if you fuck off." Veronica snapped, her face red in frustration as she immediately wandered to Ezra's side. "How much did she pay?"

As Veronica spoke, Leo was absently rummaging through his bag with pursed lips. Without hesitation, he handed over 200 pounds before silently motioning Dorian over. Tiffany was notorious to him, and he was far too tired to have to deal with the woman's utter shit. He knew all to well that she would still try and start drama, though.

Reactions: potassiumboron
Pursing her lips, she made a point of counting out the notes to make sure it was all there and, after shoving it into her backpack, offered Dorian another wide smile. "Hey, do you want to meet up after school? I know this really nice place right in the centre of town that do the best sundaes you can have. I'll pay, if you want. I just want to get to know you~!"

To people who didn't know the girl and her reputation, she did come across as sugary sweet and as nice as pie with her constant smiles and smooth words. It was why Dorian struggled to see why the other three were all glaring tensely at her.

"I... sure, I don't... yes, alright--

"Awesome, I'll meet you out the front of school at 3, alright? My Dad picks me and Vee up, but I can ask him to drop us off at town. And hey, don't listen to the druggies, alright? They're going to bitch about me, but it's not true. All that weed has frazzled their brains."

"...God, how do you live with her?" Ezra blurted the second Tee wandered off to find her own friends, turning to Veronica with a roll of his eyes. "She's insufferable-- and aw, she's got her claws right into your boyfriend, Leo. Give it a month, she'll get bored and move onto someone else, don't worry about it~"