"You're surprisingly nice to me considering we've just met and I'm nothing but a stranger to you-- I've seen so many boys your age-- our age come out with this awful language and act like buffoons, you know? Violent thugs, fighting one another outside my bedroom window. It's... refreshing to know human decency still exists," he complimented, taking his time over his words just to buy himself more seconds. He didn't quite know how to react to the food, and he couldn't exactly show his confusion. It may be believable that he had never seen a McDonald's before, but he didn't think Leo would believe him if he said he'd never seen burgers and fries before.

Nibbling at the edge of a fry as slowly but as confidently as he could manage, the grease on his tongue and the sudden saltiness did make him blink. It was nothing like he'd ever had before, quite obviously, but it wasn't... terrible. Far from it, really.

"I'd definitely like to continue our budding friendship. Like I said, I... I'll be joining the nearest school, and I hope that's the one you go to. Maybe I can see Veronica there, too. I think she's such a bright girl, you know? Very intelligent, likes history... I'm not too sure her beau likes me much. Will you tell him I have no romantic interest in his lady? I'm... not sure I like women in that way. It's all rather confusing, if truth be told."

"Orientation and gender are really confusing, yeah." He admitted, while chomping more of the burger down casually. Noticing the other's clearly astonished reaction, he offered another fry curiously.

"I don't like the super crunchy ones. I just like the soft ones. Ezra, my friend, and - what did you call him? Veronica's beau? I've never heard someone actually use that casually. Anyway, Ezra always pokes fun at me for liking them. He says the crunchy ones are as hard as my heart." He teased, before offering a punch.

"Nah, I'm not nice. Far from it. Veronica says I'm only a good guy when I'm drunk- I guess I'm pretty drunk, ain't I?" He babbled, before daring to lean against Dorian with a grunt.

"If you're going to our school, what year? I mean, how old are you?" He questioned, with his hands clutching the burger tight. "Mm... if you go to our school, I won't let anyone mess with you."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: potassiumboron
If he was honest, Dorian didn't really know how old he looked. He knew the truth was impossible to utter out loud - he could hardly say he was 177 years old, could he? He knew he had to lie, that much was obvious, but that depended on how old he could get away with looking. If he said he was 14, that would be ridiculous and completely untrue. Contrarily, if he said he was 30, not only would he fail in that he didn't look that old, but even he was aware no 30 year old attended high school as a student. It was idiotic to even consider that as a potential age option.

Likewise, he wanted to come up with an age the same as Leo, so he could be put in his classes when he somehow got into the school (he hadn't worked that part out yet). Observing Leo calmly, as subtly as he could, he chewed on the end of the fry and, after swallowing hard, managed a meek, quiet, "16" in response.

16 was a decent age, he thought. Sure, he was 6'4" and clearly well built-- but he could just say he worked hard and had good genetics, couldn't he?

"I'm 16," he confirmed more confidently with another bright smile. "Nearly 17, so... well, I'll only be at school for the next few months, but... Mother wants me to have the experience. She worries for me, says it isn't healthy that I'm stuck indoors all day. Even if I attend school for a few months, it'll... do me the world of good, socially. I want friends, do... normal teenager things. I know I'm a little... odd, you don't have to pretend I'm not. I'm just inexperienced with... modern conventions."

"That's a bummer! Sort of stupid, for your mum to just wait until the last few months to decide to put you in with the likes of me. You'll only be around a few months? I guess I've only got so much time to get to know you, huh?" He purred, while his fingers impatiently tapped the table.

"So, where do you live? I mean, how far? Do you drive?" He continued to question, though his heavy yawn broke up the pushiness. . "I mean, Iwouls love to see. I'm sure your mother wouldn't appreciate it if, say, you came home with me?"

"...I try not to spend time at home with my parents. I don't get on terrifically well with them. I... find other places to sleep most days, like the house you had a party in tonight. I've slept there for a few days over the weeks," he casually mentioned, somewhat proud of himself for having come up with that. It meant that they could hang out at his home, and there wouldn't be too much suspicion cast if Leo saw the cleanliness of the bedroom - Dorian could say that he had kept it clean because he crashed there a lot when his parents annoyed him.

As happy as he was with the lie, he did hate himself for having to lie about his parents. His mother and father had been the best parents he could have asked for. Sure, they locked him in his room... but that was for his own good, and often, for their safety. He understood that completely, and it didn't impact the love he had for them, which was why it hurt to have to act like they were alive and horrendous guardians to him. They'd probably turn in their graves right about now if they knew what he had said and done in the day so far.

"I don't want everyone knowing that I sometimes sleep over at that old place. It's... the perfect place to escape my parents, and I'd rather keep it to myself, if I can. The fact you had a party there is... a little worrying. I'm sure everyone will turn up there now, disturbing me...2

"Why would you sleep in that creaky ol' house when you could sleep at mine? My parents are never home, and I really wouldn't mind if you came and hung out. I've got plenty of space, you know. My mother and father both technically have bedrooms in the house, plus we have a spare. While I may love that place's aesthetic, it can't be healthy living in there so often. Bad for the lungs and whatnot." He declared casually, all the while holding his stomach to rest it's uneasiness.

"Hm... It can be like a sleepover. I've had Ezra and Veronica come over every now and then, though they mostly doing for me. It would be nice to see a new face, I suppose, especially one so handsome. Knowing Veronica, she'll scold me and tell me that I'm an idiot for letting a practical stranger live in my house, that you might kill me in my sleep or somethin', but I trust you."

"Veronica's very smart. I... don't think it's entirely wise to invite strangers around your house-- not that I am a bad person! Gosh, I'd... well, I'd love to come and stay at your place. It'd save me going back to my house, or the one in the woods, and... well, I like you, so it'd be nice to get to know you a little more," he admitted while politely dabbing his mouth free of salt and crumbs, having easily polished off his share of fries. For someone who hadn't been around anything of the modern age, he was wholeheartedly embracing it all, rather than fearing and detesting it. Hell, it was hard to detest the food, from what he'd experienced so far. It was much better than having to hunt down a few wild rabbits to skin and eat - that was never fun.

He would never normally accept the invite, but it wasn't a full moon tonight and he did want to build the bond up with Leo... so what exactly was the issue? He could learn a bit more about the modern world so, to justify it, he was telling himself that it was a good chance to educate himself above anything else.

"...Are you sure that would be alright? I don't want to intrude and make my problems your problems, but I... would appreciate it..."

"Hell yeah, why wouldn't I? Tomorrow's a Saturday, so it's not like I've got anything to look forward to. I was gonna p+robably just hang out with Ezra and Veronica, if anything. In reality, I'll probably just be sleeping off a hangover," he slurred, as he sipped his soda casually. Of course, it was beyond obvious on how blitzed the boy was, but him walking into the restaurant had become common.

After a moment of quiet, Leo eventually groaned back to action and reluctantly tossed the garbage out once on his feet. He had gotten to the point in his drunken state where he was more than exhausted, which was always a bummer. Leo had a conscience, and he would always wander back to the site of the party and pick up, which he would regret. Nonetheless, he tugged on Dorian's arm with a grunt.

"I'd definitely like to see Veronica again," he confirmed, with a shy smile he didn't think of hiding. He had been born in an era where it was unthinkable that men openly show tender emotions in public. They ought to have stiff upper-lips and be 'proper men'-- though that societal expectation had been completely lost on Dorian. He hadn't really been in the society all that much, and his parents hadn't eve thought of teaching him to hold back on how he felt. They hadn't expected their son to ever be around humans, after all, so why bother teaching him how to interact with them?

"...Are you sure you're alright? I... think maybe you're drunk. Are you going to be okay? My mother is often drunk, and she's injured herself countless of times through falling and stumbling," he began, while taking the opportunity to hold his arm closer. While it was definitely nice to be close to him, he was far more concerned with making sure his new friend didn't fall flat on his face and break his nose.

"Don't be so thick, I've been to plenty of parties before, and I've only broken something once." He insisted, somewhat proudly as he stumbled out of the McDonald's. Once onto the pavement, he stared at Dorian blankly before bursting into a mix of snorts and giggles.

"Jeez, relax. You know, if you like Veronica so much, you should date her," he spoke obliviously, while laughing harder when he nearly tripped on a small rock left in the road. "I mean, I'd prefer you all to myself, but she's clearly oblivious to Ezra. It's pretty pathetic, huh? I mean, if you like someone, you just say it and get over it."

The man's cheeks almost immediately burned red in response and, regretfully for him, it was plainly obvious under the orange glow of the streetlamps up above them. Shoving his hands quietly into the pockets of his blazer jacket, he spent a moment avoiding the question because, genuinely, he didn't know how to respond. He was smart enough not to gush over Leo - he had just met the teenager, and it would be weird even for him to tell him he thought he was 'destined' to meet him. He might not be accustomed to modern life, but even he realised how mad he would sound coming out with that.

Besides, he liked Veronica, too. His connection hadn't been as instantaneous as it had been with Leo - he didn't feel dizzy when he saw her, for example... but he definitely felt he liked her. She was smart and she respected history, which he definitely liked... and she was cute.

"...I don't wish to get inbetween her and your other friend. He clearly holds a candle for her, and I... well, I've just met her. I'd like to get to know her better-- as I do with you, so... maybe ask me again in a month and see how I feel," he quietly laughed. "Prefer me to yourself? I... you can't mean that, I just met you. You're... very kind, though."

"Look, I don't like to beat around the bush. When I see someone cute, I don't like seeing them leave. I mean, not gonna force you to spend time with me, but still..." he murmured, his mind clearly having trouble focusing on his words. With a tired and drunken wander back towards the woods, the boy smiled at the sight of Veronica, who watched in concern from the porch.

"Oh boy... how much did you drink?" She questioned, even despite her own drunkenness. She always took care of both boys, and she was well aware of Leo's poor mental health, to the Lso where she practically lived with the man for a week to ensure that he wouldn't straight-up kill him self.

"...Maybe he should sit down. I'm worried he'll fall and hurt himself, and I... well, I don't want him to dislike me because I failed to step in and help him out," admitted Dorian quietly, the large man stuffing his hands back in his pockets and biting his bottom lip in an effort to calm himself down. This wasn't exactly a situation he needed to get too involved in, because he knew he would come across odd if he fussed over Leo too much. He had to take a wise step back and let him do as he wanted, even if it didn't do Dorian much good to fret that Leo would just break a bone by falling or stumbling.

"Has the party died down yet?" He asked Veronica quietly, cringing to himself at the state of his house. Even from the outside, he cold see rubbish lining the hallway, and the flowers he had carefully planted in neat rows outside his home were now trampled and pulled apart, no doubt by a few stoned teenagers who found amusement in it. He struggled to hide the anger from his face, but he at least managed to make a small smile towards the girl. "I... I don't like loud noise and... well, I just wish they'd respect the building a bit is all."

"People are starting to go home, yeah. Ezra got pissed when a bust broke, so everyone's going home. It's whatever though. Personally, I thought this was the coolest party we've had," the girl admitted, while carefully helping the nearly passed out Leo on the grass, and didn't care much that it was wet from the autumnal rain that had hit that day.

With little to no protest, Leo was sleeping soundly, and Veronica made certain to keep the boy on his side just in case. Leo had a strong stomach, and rarely got sick after parties, but it was best to be safe, right?

Even though he'd had absolutely nothing to do with the party, Dorian still felt a twinge of pride at hearing that. This was his home, and to be the setting for one of Veronica's coolest parties? He did feel a smile pull at his lips in delight. He just wished that some of the others had shown the same interest in the architecture and furnishings that Veronica had.

"...It was nice meeting you, by the way. And Leo, too. I... should be moving to your school soon, come Monday, so maybe we can 'hang out' some more?" He suggested, smiling a little wider in delight at using a new phrase he'd picked up from the teenagers, and he was pretty sure he'd used it in the right context. "...You're a very nice girl, Veronica, and... well, Leo speaks very highly of you."

"He better. I mean, hell, do you know how much I've done for him?" She grumbled bitterly, while sitting in the grass besides Leo, her head in her hands. "I mean, he can be such an ass sometimes, you know? I... I know it's 'cause he's got problems, but that doesn't mean he can just be a little shit. He's like a child."

As more and more hoards of teens left the party, she let out a sigh in relief. Yeah, she liked to get 'fucked up' just as much as the next guy, but a small bit of guilt hit her to see such a nice home get trashed. As stated, she and her friends would always return to fix the venue as much as possible, if they could, even in their hungover state. Despite being drunk, she knew how big of a bitch that would be.

Sitting silently on the grass outside his home, he did his best to subtly arrange the flowers up, hoping that they would survive if he could just straighten them up. Of course, it was an effort made in vain because they were all clearly destroyed, but it didn't stop him trying. It gave him something to do, and it stopped him thinking too much about the mess he would be faced with when he entered the property. If he did think about it, he'd just end up getting too emotional and then be faced with explaining why he was upset to Veronica.

Thankfully, Ezra headed out the home to distract him, the boy slumping to the ground with the others and resting back on his hands. "You two getting on well, then," he muttered grumpily, his eyes (slightly red from the amount of cannabis he had smoked) glaring towards his friend and then to Dorian, accusingly. "Whatever. I... You two can go fuck if you want, I don't give a shit. I made out with Tee, actually, s-so I'm totally fine with whatever's going on between you two. I didn't know you liked that type, Vee, but hey, whatever floats your boat."

"... What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not going to have sex with this guy, Ezra. I'm not like you and Leo, I've got standards." She replied calmly, though the other's words did cause her face to ignite. "How fucking dumb are you? I like history, this guy does too. Besides, he's been Leo this whole time!"

"Jesus, will you two shut the fuck up?" Slurred Leo, as he peaked a bitter eye open. "Ugh... where did I put my stuff? I don't want to be around your stupid arguement- yo, Dorian, got a car?"

"Of course the guy doesn't have a car. Look at him, he probably doesn't even have a mobile," grunted Ezra, who had move to lay on his back with his hands placed under his head. Veronica's comments had hurt, even if he knew he deserved it. He was paranoid, he knew that, but he had loved the girl since he was 12. Any guy that was near her, he took an instant disliking to, however stupid he was to do such a thing.

"...I don't have a car, no," smiled Dorian apologetically, wringing his hands in front of him awkwardly. "You... can always stay here for the night. It's... not that bad, really. I sleep here most of the time, and it's... surprisingly nice."

"The place is trashed, Dorian..." he grumbled, though didn't seem to move in protest. "Why would you want to stay here when you can go to my place? It's nice, and furnished... my dad has clothes left at my place, so you could probably fit into them. I'm sure Vee and Ez would be pretty grateful that they wouldn't have to watch me. Ain't that right?" He cooed over to his friends, while taking his time to sit up a tad.

"That's not true..." Veronica reassured, though even she knew that it was a lie. She often grew tired of having to babysit Leo, but she knew that she was doing good. Because of that, she would typically just help without much protest. "Looks like everyone's out. Ugh... This place is in the middle of nowhere, I'm sure no one's going to be upset if we wait 'til tomorrow to get everything, right?"