"... I mean, you can still sleep with me, sure." He reassured quietly, thanking the large M that lit up the already dimming city. Leading him inside, he rustled through his pockets for the cash as he waited in line, his eyes locked on the menu with pursed lips. "I'm just worried about when my parents come home. This... This is practically my house, you know? Where I'm staying, at least. I don't know how my parents would react if they found out, is all. For all I know, they could cut my funding and I'd have to live in that house with you. No offense, but I enjoy having internet. Just... Yeah. I don't want to get soppy, you know? Just know that I'm thankful for you putting up with me."

Clearing his throat, his directionless babbles ended once ordering their food. He would rather be cooking at home, sure, but if Dorian was so new to something as simple as fried food, he'd let the man binge all he wanted. "Are you ever going to do something with that house, then? If you're my roommate now, I guess you don't really need it other than emergency."

"Look, I'll move out before it comes to them arriving home, so you won't... you won't get in trouble, I won't allow that, Leo. I'm grateful that you even offered me help. I could have been a murderer, or some low-life intent on causing you misery and harm. I'm indebted to you for your kindness, so... anything you want from me, just ask, and I'll try and do it for you. I haven't got a lot of money, but you don't seem to need that," he admitted, seating himself down in the same corner table from a few days prior, deciding that, for as long as they visited the place together, this really ought to be their table.

"The house? I'm... obviously going to keep it. When I move out of your home, I'll do my house out good and proper, I suppose. Tidy it up, get electric up and running again, and get it modernised if... if possible. Or maybe I'll leave town," he shrugged, knowing already that the latter was really the only option. He couldn't leave at that house where everyone knew his address. He couldn't have people popping along to visit him, not when it could be a full-moon night. It was far too risky. Leaving to find another abandoned house in the middle of nowhere seemed to be the best option. The option he hated, granted, but... admittedly, the best option.

"No, I don't want you to leave. It's only a few weeks a year, seriously! I mean... I don't want you to feel like you need to leave at any point. I enjoy your company, even if that means simply being in the same room, watching television in silence." He replied quickly, while tapping his fingers against the table anxiously. "How cheesy is that? I want you to stick around. I'm sure you'll get bored, though, so I don't really have to kick you out, you'll just leave on your own, eh?"

With a meek smile, he raised his milkshake in a feigned 'cheers', before taking a sip, scrunching his nose. "Let's not talk about this, okay? That's in two months. We gotta live in the now, as Vee always says."

Reactions: potassiumboron
He wanted to tell him that, hey, he actually really like Leo, a lot more than he probably though, and that he wanted nothing more than to stay with him as long as possible... but Leo practically ended all talk of the topic before Dorian had a chance to voice how he felt. He did think voicing such strong feelings for Leo after three days would come across as weird, anyway, so maybe it was a blessing he didn't have a chance to vocalise them.

"...I really like it here, the food's great. I've only really eaten vegetables from the garden and meat. I eat a lot of meat," he admitted as he contently nibbled at the double portion of fries he'd ordered, not needing any guidance on how to eat them this time around. "Maybe you can show me how the Internet works later on tonight? Ezra's making fun of me for not knowing what that site is-- Twitter? Or something like that."

"It's just some dumb website," he replied dismissively, his mood growing sour as he nibbled on the fries absently. "Seriously, you just talk to other people and spread drama and shit. Seriously, I don't advice you getting involved. The fact that you bailed on Tee will be everywhere, and I don't want you to get attacked, you know? You're so new to all of this, you know?"

As he murmured, he offered the idea of dipping the fry in the chocolate shake, swallowing back the fried trash. "I like how you prefer this over than food at home. I think I'm an okay cook... but I usually rely on Ezra. It's pathetic, huh? I mean... You lived on your own."

"I like your food too! I... I mean, I really liked what you cooked, I've just never had this sort of food before and-- sorry, was I being rude? I didn't mean to be, you know? I... I promise that you make lovely food, far superior to anything I could make. Mostly because I don't have a clue how to work that modern oven," he reminded, smiling quietly to himself once remembering the complete fascination he'd had once seeing just how easy it was to cook the food over the weekend. He'd spent years, decades really, having to cook up stuff outside on the fire because nothing in his house worked anymore.

"So, why's Ezra calling me your boyfriend?" He suddenly blurted, resting his head on his hand with a brow raised curiously. "Is it just him teasing you? I don't find it a totally bad thing, by the way. You're very nice and you're obviously attractive."

"Ezra can be a massive cunt," he grumbled, while sinking his face further into his scarf, his eyes avoiding Dorian. "He's... I don't know. You seem pretty content with whatever you think we are, but... I don't know. I don't want to talk about it," he explained quietly, the whole topic of long-term, actual relationships always being something he and Ezra debated on. He had yet met a man or woman that made him feel good about being with them, but at the same time, he felt absolutely desperate to have someone around.

"I don't know, we've shared some nights together, eaten together, but... Do you want to be with me? I'm pretty shit, to be honest. I'm not very... nice, I guess. I'm not nice, and I don't really do much, so...'

"I don't entirely understand how relationships work. My parents were... they were old-fashioned, hardly the example of modern relationships, so... so say we did give this a try, I'm sure you'd get irritated by me within a week. I know very little. I've never kissed anyone, if you must know how utterly pathetic I am," he laughed, taking a pause from the meal in front of him, having figured that the conversation was suddenly too serious for him to continue stuffing his face with ketchup-covered fries.

"I think you're lovely. You seem so tough and confident to everyone, but... I don't think you're that tough. I think you're really sweet and I think you're insecure, which is... it's absurd-- but I guess whatever I say won't make a difference. Just know that I'm definitely up for trying something if that's... what you'd want."

Admittedly, this was the worst thing Dorian could agree to. He didn't know how he'd ever explain his monthly differences to the other if they did become boyfriends, and he knew he ran the risk of Leo discovering what he was-- but honestly? He wanted to risk it. He didn't want to go the next century living alone, not having experienced a relationship now he felt some attraction.

His face was fully buried in the scarf at this point, and he desperately wanted to disappear, but he knew he had to face the facts and decide what he wanted. On one hand, he didn't like being tied down to one person, especially with the fact that he knew he wasn't a very good person. On the other hand, the affection was at least shared on some level, plus it was nice that Dorian actually wanted to spend time with him, despite of his real lack of social skills. With a quiet groan, he offered a subtle nod to Dorian, far too embarrassed to say more for quite a bit.

"Yeah, we can try it. We're practically a married couple as it is, and... I'll give being domestic a try, I guess. I've never really stayed with someone before." He explained, while staring down at the table anxiously.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"...We don't have to, I'm not forcing you into this. We've just met, I suppose that's a lot to ask for days after meeting someone, although my grandparents were married and expecting my father all within two weeks of meeting one another, so maybe... maybe my family like to do things quickly," he chuckled under his breath, while letting his own eyes subconsciously drift to the table. He didn't want to make Leo feel awkward or like he had to make a decision. While it was nice to have clarity, it wasn't his place to try and force anyone into making decisions they weren't ready to make, right?