• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"You're not actually gonna study for that, are you? Why don't you just do what I do and wing it? It saves you a shit load of time. Why study when you could be hanging out with me-- and Leo. Me and Leo," Ezra corrected as subtly as he could manage-- which, given his hangover, wasn't very subtle at all. Still, he shoved his hands into his pockets and offered his best friend a smile, rocking back and for on his ankles. "...Or I could come 'round your place and we could study together? Chemistry is my worst subject, but I... I really need a pass on this test, I guess, and studying with you is gonna guarantee me a pass, ain't it? We could leave Leo recuperate, go and study for awhile, and then meet up with him later on for Tee's party? Obviously, you can come, Dorian. I ain't an asshole."

"...I'm not entirely sure that's... well... we'll see," smiled Dorian as he watched the two interact. He did want to just blurt out that Ezra had the hots for Veronica, get it all out in the open so he didn't have to witness the teenage boy get so flustered... but it wasn't really his place, especially when Ezra clearly disliked him. "If you both attend, I suppose I could, there's... nothing for me to lose. Getting to know people from school before I join could be beneficial..."

• Love
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I know this is such a crazy idea for you, but I actually enjoy school," scolded Veronica, as she took a sip of the tea she had made prior. "We don't have to go to every party they hold in this town, you know? We could all just relax, study for our exams, and maybe stay in for the night? I mean, I need to have good grades if I want to get into the university I want. I know you and Leo don't really care about your futures, but I do."

Glancing up at the stairs towards Leo's bedroom, she couldn't help but frown. While the girl was absolutely oblivious to Ezra's feelings - mostly because she never really thought there was a reason to like her - that didn't mean she enjoyed spending alone time with the other. "Hey, if it's just you and me, maybe Dorian could watch after Leo? He seems to like you, after all, and he's actually quite smart."

"He seems to like me? Are you completely sure of that, because... I most definitely like him. He's everything I wanted in a friend. I'm not the most... sociable of people, so the fact he seems to like me is... it's surprisingly satisfying," smiled Dorian, taking Veronica's words as gospel. She was his best friend, after all, so surely she knew him -and his likes and dislikes- best, right?

"Don't get too excited. Leo likes a lot of people when he's drunk. That tends to change when he's sober, so I'd half-expect him to come down here and tell you to fuck off. Hell, if he even remembers you. We all had a lot to drink," shrugged Ezra rudely, lips pursed at both that, and Veronica - he had hoped she'd seem a lot more enthusiastic about his offer to help her study, given it was the first time he had ever offered.

"Don't be so pessimistic, Ezra. This could be good! Leo could help Dorian get adjusted, and you and I could study. Lord knows we need it." She insisted, before looping an arm with him, and offered a grin. Granted, it did falter once hearing the heavy steps from above.

Clearly, with intense amount of regret, Leo shuffled down the stairs. Donned with a basic black hoodie, his scarf, and the boxers he had worn that night, he offered a tired grunt to the three before taking a seat at the table.

"Good morning," he murmured, while holding his head up with his hand. "... what time is it? Ugh, fuck... What a surprise, I drank way to much. Again. Oh- Dorian, right?" He asked, his dull and tired eyes taking in the man curiously. "You came home with us? I... don't remember, like, anything."

"You... don't remember anything? That's... well, that's disappointing. I rather enjoyed last night, meeting you, but... hey, I suppose I'm glad that you at least remembered my name," laughed Dorian as joyfully as he could, though even he heard the lack of an upbeat tone to his voice. He didn't want to be strange, being so disappointed about a guy he'd only met hours previous being too drunk to remember their meeting... but he didn't remotely care at this point. He was weird, at least by modern standards, and they all knew that by now, so why bother hiding it?

Smirking triumphantly on the side, Ezra cracked his knuckles and gradually eased himself up off the stool with a tired yawn. "I'm gonna set off with Veronica, dude. We can meet up later though, if 'ya want. For Tee's party-- apparently, Veronica won't join because she's a total nerd."

"Is this the first time you've realized this?" Leo snorted, though offered a small smile nonetheless as he moved to snatch the toast Veronica had made, nibbling on it. "Just be safe, will you? You're not driving, right- ugh, whatever. Do you. You've got my number, and I don't think I plan on really leaving today."

With a huff, Veronica pushed on her jacket and snatched a fried egg and a slice of bacon, having made a full-on meal. Leo noticed it, and reluctantly realized he most likely had to go into town to buy more food. It wasn't a matter of financial trouble, it was more the fact that he just didn't want to.

"Look, like you said, we're a text away. Ezra and I will probably head to my house, or maybe the library. If you need me, I'll tell you where we are... obviously. Just, text me by six? I want us all to be on the same page. I don't want one of you going to that party and being pissed that I wasn't there, or something stupid like that."

"... Alright, I get it, mom." Leo grumbled, while poking at the yolk of the fried egg. His attention only moved away from the breakfast when the two had left, leaving him alone with Dorian. He remained quiet, for a tad bit, before offering a raised brow. "... So, do you want some breakfast? I mean, Veronica always does this. She always makes too much, and I have to feed the extra to the animals outside."

Watching the other two head on out, Dorian fiddled with his fingers nervously. On one hand, he wanted to strike up some amazing conversation with Leo and cement some friendship before he headed to this school they all went to, but on the other, it was probably wise to cut all ties now and head back home, never to associate with these humans again. It was safer that way, and he wouldn't feel guilty about going against the one rule his parents really had for him about not ever leaving the house.

However, despite having leaned towards the latter, he was distracted before he had the chance to get off his seat. He happily smiled at the chance to converse, even if he was bound to do so as awkward as ever.

"...Breakfast sounds nice, sure. Veronica... she's a good friend, you know? She looked after you a lot last night when you got a little drunk," he smiled, pushing himself up on his seat a little while straightening his back. "...You don't remember much, do you? I... that is a shame. We had fun, I think. I thought we had fun, at least."

"Well, I hope so. I don't think I would have slept in the same bed with someone I didn't enjoy," he replied softly, before moving to grab a few proper plates. Filling them both with a hearty amount of food, he took a seat across the other once again.

Veronica was someone who liked to keep a rather relaxed relationship with her friends. Because of Leo's lack of parents, she was forced to really put forward proper manners, such as having a homemade meal every morning. When alone, though, the boy just pours a bowl of cereal and maybe an apple.

"I'm sorry that I don't remember much. I'm sure I had a lovely time with you," he continued politely, all the while avoiding the other's gaze badhfully.

The tall boy hesitated, if only briefly, before returning the smile, equally as bashfully. Sure, it stung a little that last night was blurry and not coherent for the other, especially when he thought they had a moment together, but that was the effect of alcohol - even he realised that.

"We didn't really do much, if I'm being honest. You took me to this lovely food place, I... I don't recall what it was called, but the food was delicious and we talked some and I thought we got on great. Then we came back here and we just... you know, went to sleep," he finished, suddenly becoming awkwardly aware of his lack of clothes, and while he was also desperate not to become flustered, he did shift on the seat with a less than subtle grimace. "...Can I borrow those clothes from your father? You mentioned that they would fit me and said I could borrow some, but if that's an issue, I... I can wear what I had on yesterday, it really isn't an issue."

"Nah, go ahead. My father always leaves nearly his entire wardrobe, insisting his outfits are different from the ones he wears at work. My dad is a burly guy, it'll fit you well." He reassured, before glancing over at the bedroom down the hall.

"His room is in there. Literally take whatever you want, I don't think he cares." He laughed, albeit dryly at the topic of his parents.

"...You don't like your parents very much, do you?-- I don't want to sound out of place, g-gosh, but... I find it astonishing. My parents were my world-- are my world, what am I saying? Aha... I just... My parents have done so much for me that I automatically assume everyone's parents are like that. You really don't have to go into it, I'm out of order and really should learn to just shut up," he babbled, keeping his head low and eyes focused on anything but Leo in his embarrassment. Eventually, though, he shifted himself off the stool with a tired grin over at him. "Maybe you can come help me? I don't want anyone making fun of my clothes like they did last night, and... it'd help if you could pick out something nice for me? I... I really am inept at all this fashion stuff."

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Sure. I mean, I'm not really updated in the latest fashion, but I'm pretty sure I'm more hip and updated than what you wore last night," he admitted, completely ignoring the other's comment on parents. Instead, he slurped down the rest of the eggs and moved to crack his back.

"... I don't really have parents. They're never here and, when they are, they don't really act like parents. They give me money so I can live on my own, that's... about it." He murmured, while moving to set the plates in the sink.

"...My parents lock me in my bedroom at night, if... if that makes you feel better? They say it's safer for me, but they're just protective. Though, being around you and your friends has shown me how... unnatural my parents' actions have been, you know? A-Anyway-- forget I said that, I... they don't lock me in, that's ridiculous. They just have strict house rules about me leaving my room after a certain time, that's all, really..." Dorian explained -or frantically babbled- while shifting his weight from left to right. Not only was he struggling talking about his parents in the present tense, but he knew he was letting things slip out that he really shouldn't, which came as a result of getting close to Leo. It seemed impossible, but he realised that it was very likely that he admit to more and more things that made him out to be more weird than he already appeared.

• Useful
"That sounds pretty ridiculous. At least they care about you, though," he murmured, and offered a smile down to Butterscotch as the cat ran past him through his legs and into his father's bedroom. Despite the fact that the man hadn't been home in nine months, Leo always made sure it was properly dusted.

"Hm... well, it's getting cold. Luckily my father had a lot of jackets. He even has leather ones, back when he was going through a cool-kid phase when he met my mother. You'd look awfully cool with one. Maybe some jeans and a basic shirt? Nineties aesthetic is becoming pretty popular."

"...I'm perfectly happy letting you pick out something for me. As I said, I'm... not entirely clued up on the latest styles," he continued as he wandered close behind the other, taking in the aesthetic and the architecture with an approving smile. It was modern and nothing like his dilapidated home in the woods, which he loved, but he genuinely liked Leo's home. Despite being modern, and thus being something he was new to, he found himself feeling comfortable... though he also realised that was probably Leo's effect. Without him, he'd probably feel awkward and beyond uncomfortable in the setting.

"Are you going to the party tonight? It's... really none of my business, and maybe I shouldn't go somewhere I'm not invited, but I'd... turn up if you went, I suppose. It'd be a good way of making friends before I go to school. I don't want to wander about aimlessly without a friend when I turn up on Monday, that'd be dreadful."

"Hm. I don't know, to be honest. I'm not some crazy booze hound. Besides, did you see how Ezra was acting around Veronica? I'm no moron, but Veronica is. I was probably just going to let the two just figure themselves out. You can go, if you want, I'm not your keeper." He murmured, as he tossed a proper outfit out on the bed.

"Sometimes I just like to stay home alone, you know? I mean, you're practically a hermit, right? I'm sure you understand," he continued, before eyeing the outfit with a final, approving nod. "Yeah, that should be good. You'll look pretty fashionable, huh?"

He didn't want to take the comment as an insult, because it was true (he was a hermit), but Dorian did briefly grimace at the word used to describe him. He wasn't angry, at least not at Leo. He was incredibly frustrated with himself for not having ventured out his home more often after his parents died. He had no reason to be kept up inside that house for most of the month. There was only one day where it was important for him to stay indoors. Outside of that day, there was no risk at all in wandering about the town. If he had, he knew that he would be far more accustomed to modern life, and less... weird by modern standards.

Forcing himself to smile to cover up the thoughts, he pulled his shirt off to begin changing. Given he'd undressed in front of Leo during the night, he didn't hesitate to do so now. "...I guess I'll stay away. I'm not a party person..."

Leo eyed the man, his gaze clearly unsubtle as he took in just how tone Dorian was. Wrapping his scarf around his face proper, he could offer the excuse that he was cold, but in reality, he was hiding his reddening blush. He didn't avert his eyes, though, and only focused on Dorian's face once he was properly dress, before offering a smile.

"You look much better, you don't look like you were cosplaying at a steampunk convention anymore. Hey, I bet everyone will swoon over you in this, hm? No need to thank me, though. I'm a pretty great fashion designer." He spoke, his voice nearly monotone, though even he couldn't help but sound a bit excited at his look.

Eyeing himself uncertainly in the mirror, he straightened the plain white tee and the accompanying leather jacket before deciding to trust Leo's style. He knew more about what was fashionable in this era than Dorian did, so if he said he looked good, then Dorian decided to trust him on that.

"It fits nicely," he complimented after a moment, feeling he needed to show some gratitude for the other's generosity. Besides, a benefit of being styled like this by Leo was that it gave Dorian some insight into what was fashionable. He could easily head into the centre of the town and collect some clothes similar to the ones he had on... even if the thought petrified him. Nevertheless, it had to be done - he couldn't go to school in his old clothes, and he definitely couldn't wear these ones every single day without fail.

"I... should probably go now, I've taken up far too much of your time, haven't I? It's really rather rude of me. I'm imposing and... even though I'd like to spend time with you, I'm aware I've overstayed my welcome."

"You haven't overstayed your welcome," he reassured quietly, and took a seat at the foot of his father's bed, all the while keeping his eyes on the other. "You can leave, if you'd like, no one is forcing you. I mean, I was just going to nurse my hangover, probably sleep..."

With a soft yawn, he absently nibbled the end of his scarf as he grew quiet. He only spoke up when his thought was interrupted by the kitten clawing playfully at Dorian's leg. With a squeak in horror, he lightly tugged the kitten away to see the pants torn at the edge. "For fuck's sake. Can you just stop clawing at things, for one second? I, um... sorry."