Bex followed Griffin and Todd to the hotel. she wasn't aware of anything other than the fact that somehow, through some kind of miracle they'd arrived at a semi-safe place without encountering any other crazy creatures of enemies. "Fourteen is a strange number for a wizard to choose...you'd think thirteen...but I guess that would be far too obvious..." She was thinking out loud not actually expecting or requiring a response, but she was stopped dead in her tracks by he image in a large mirror mounted to the wall. Holy .... she really WAS that old lady. Oh my...my...my...she stepped closer and turned this way and that looking at herself from every angle. Well, at least she didn't have any wrinkles yet...that was encouraging in a weird kind of way. But that hair...what on earth was growing on her head? it was the biggest curl poof she'd ever seen and she had NO idea how to fix it, or care for it. "Wonder how long it'll take for this to look like the home for a wild bee colony?"

She turned away from the sight of her old self and caught up with the others. Matthew was sent away and she lifted a brow wondering what Bella knew that they didn't. "Do we know who we are looking for?" she asked curiously, "I mean...how are we to be sure it's a friendly and not one of those ones trying to stop us?"

Toddly Nota Sorcerer , Griffin Jacobs, Jackson

Jackson would warily eye the other man as the other two men would walk over to the front desk. He hadn't moved from his spot and he seemed fixed on the party, just silently watching their movements.

" Good thing that you made those reservations in advance, it looks like this place was entirely booked for the week. Of course, there seems to only be two rooms.... which isn't much for our small party."

At the mention of the word party, the vampire would finally make a move and dash in front of Todd and Griffin. He wouldn't say anything or attack them, he would just stand there, staring at the case that Griffin was carrying.

" The leader of our group has a proposition for your party," the vampire told all the party in the lobby

Todd seemed to stroke his face, almost as if he was stroking a beard that wasn't there. He would take a moment to pick his next words deliberately. "Let's start with the obvious question. What would happen if we would not be willing to accept the deal of your mysterious leader and what sort of trouble would you cause us I imagine that as a provision, you want the people who attacked us and I can't give them to you in good faith. They were trying to destroy us. So, outside of that, there isn't much to discuss with the likes of you and your party." Toddd seemed to be firmly holding his ground as he waited for answers. He doubted that the vampire was going to give them to him. He seemed cagey and guarded.

The vampire would look around, first at the bar, then at the arcade. almost as if he was debating something before he would take a deep breath. "Well, where are my manners? I haven't introduce myself. My name is Lucas. Vampire. Compared to you, I am not vexed by my situation. I've wanted to look like an adult since I was turned as a teen. There area few in my party like this. Others are not happy. That being said, the two who our leader sent aren't as friendly as I am. Honestly, both of them are unstable. As for the proposition, I will be here to explain it, but I do think you should get to the bar. The shapeshifter is most angry with the party and isn't above murderer for his sister." Todd look at the rest of the party. "I will stay here to listen to the explanation." Griffin would nod at staying behind.

James

James would take a deep breath. happy that it seemed that the arcade was a safe place to distress. He would normally know what to do after a drink, but that option wasn't as he was probably eighteen and couldn't even pass for an adult in this new life. He was going to need time to adjust
to not taking care of Carter.

Of course, just when he thought he was out of danger, it would come and rear its ugly head and he took a deep breath, wondering how he could find a way to keep the other people in the area from getting hurt. Judging by the fact that fireball seemed interested in him, James had a feeling that this was the person who had been cursed. He was thankful that Matthew was there to help him with this mage.

James would unplug the machine so that the boy wouldn't be fired at. Oblivious to the danger, he walked by the woman and the defenses, ducing just in time for the fireball to miss him and for him to go to Super Mario.

"Welll, you have interuptted me and signed a death warrant. Nobody but us will get to change back."

@Gands @PoetLore @Crow

Last edited:
Bella watches Lucas dash over to her people, she isn't far behind him. He is probably to fast to stop him from harming people, but she could make him pay for the privilege. It does take her a moment listening to Lucas to figure out just who he is.

" Well Master Lucas, unusual circumstances we find ourselves in. Unlike yourself it seems, there are people in this party who I will protect, such as I can against the likes of you and your friends. "

Either way she might go is dangerous to her. Fire is always the great cleanser. There however, Matthew seemed able to defend himself. The shapeshifter would be no friend of Lucas and would not be as likely to drag the other Vampire into the conflict. She moved as Lucas did a moment ago, very very quickly to the bar. There she could hope to aid her people against the shapeshifter.

Matthew

It had occurred to Matthew that a fire spell could cause spectacular damage in this place and that would be quite a pity. His last memorize location was at that body of water they had been near for a bit. He had to act quickly, no time to change receiving locations. He opened a portal in front of the arcade machine, since it was a game he liked... The fireball hopefully would go into the portal and out the other side above that body of water some miles distant now. Now on offense... He had no desire to kill, especially another magus. Few enough of our kind in the world now as it is. So then another portal, this time opening under her feet. This one lead to the boys locker room at the Gymnasium at his high school.

"Sorry, we aren't accepting any warrants tonight, especially death warrants. "

Bex was still not sure who they were looking for or how to recognize them, but the tension out here in the lobby was growing by the second. She could feel the hair on her arms standing on end, and while she wasn't too sure what that meant, it didn't seem like a GOOD thing. Lucas the 'vampire' was acting like announcing that fact should make them happy and trusting instead of fleeing in terror. What kind of crazy place had that wizard sent them all to anyway? All she'd done was bump into him, harsh much? "Did you say 2 rooms?" she asked looking around, "How many beds a room?" They'd be flipping coins for bunk time, or someone would be sleeping in the tub or on the floor or both.

Bella seemed to come out of nowhere and stand against the vampire in their defense. She was surprised but then, she was still trying to figure out who to trust and it seemed to her that there were very few worthy of that gift around. Bella was gone as fast as she'd come at the mention of a shapeshifter, and she noted that Grffin was going to the bar and leaving Todd to speak with their vampire 'friend' alone.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" she asked as she moved toward the bar. She was worried. Todd was the only one who seemed to have his head screwed on straight, well ok Griffin did too but he was new here just like her. What would happen if something happened to Todd?

Reactions: Gands
Toddly Nota Sorcerer , Griffin Jacobs, Jackson, Carter and Xavier and Jaxob

Lucas looked over at the magic user, noticing how he had gotten defensive when bringing things up. Todd would gesture that it was okay to go with the women to the bar to Griffin and Jackson. The vampire wasn't sure what to make of that gesture, but it was interesting he wanted to talk to him alone.

" I expect nothing less. I prefer to not be your enemy, miss Bella. I do have a great deal of respect. As for the answer to your questions, nothing will come for me. I am merely the messenger. He will keep sending people, but yes, he want them back. If I come back empty handed, so be it."

"To be quite honest, I am happy to meet someone level headed. This conversation is over. Tell him to not mess us and that we will be ready for him. Oh and that we will be taking prisoners. Choose your sidewisely young Master Lucas" Todd turned back to the bar, wondering how much damage his party had incurred while he was away from them. He figured it would be a lot.They were chaotic beings.

Jackson wasn't sure about how he felt about their only level headed member to talk alone with the vampire. But he felt he had no say in the matter. It seems that the other woman was focused on talking to Griffin. He would walk into the bar and notice that it was utter chaos. It seemed that the doppelganger Jaxob was bein uncomfortably pinned down by the shapeshifter who was currently a brown bear. If that wasn't bad enough, it seemed that Carter had managed to get himself wedged between two tables and was having a hard time escaping the iorn grip. It also didn't help that Xavier was on fire, which wasn't a problem since he seemed to be perfectly fine on top of the bear, trying to tear him off.

There was so much going on, that it would be incredibly easy to miss the man in the corner of the room, sipping on a mixed drink, far away from the chaos. It was obvious that there was something off about him, almost as if he was unaffected by the strange things or perhaps, he understood that something was wrong. It seemed that nobody in the bar had noticed him yet. Perhaps he was the one Todd had mentioned earlier.

Griffin shrugged, not knowing if it was a good idea. " I am going to be honest, I am not sure that it is the best idea, but I am sure Todd can handle himself. I think it might be better to focus on the chaos that is happening in the bar. I can probably handle the fire... I think those tables are metal."

James

James was impressed by the magic user he had come with, as he seemed to effortless make a portal to a place with water. He seemed to have a handle on the woman, it might be a good idea to get the kid and talk to him. He was so focused on Super Mario, that he wouldn't pay attention. Hmm.... there had to be some way to draw his attention. He couldn't just ask him, he was just a strange male he had never met. He looked around and unplugged the game, noticing the kid moved around and frowned. Thankfully, it seemed that all of them were unplugged. He would have to talk to them or do something about them. He couldn't possibly ignore them.... expect literally walked past Matthew and the girl being sent away.

"Good news, we got rid of the crazy girl. Bad news, the boy we need just walked into the lobby."

@Gands @PoetLore @Crow

Reactions: PoetLore
Bella

As much as she would like to rip into the Bear, it seemed that Xavier ... the fellow on FIRE was on top of it, literally. So Bella put on her brakes, instead while watching the non interested party at the bar and the Bear while working to free Carter. Gently pulling him out with a strength greater than her this body had any evidence of.

" You all right ? "

Matthew

For the young Magus, things for the moment seemed to be going according to plan. Kind of... The lady magus was gone for now, likely surprised. At least it was late enough that no one would be at the high school Gym she ended up at.

He followed the young video game player slowly back into the lobby. He stayed a ways back, very aware of his surroundings in case there were more antagonists. He otherwise kept quiet for now.

Bex followed Griffin into the bar and blinked at the chaos all around the room. The second she was within five feet of the metal tables they came flying at her. Luckily she saw them and was able to put her hands down and brace herself for impact. "I really need to figure out how to shut this off..." She complained making a very disgusted face realizing that she couldn't pick her hands up off the table. She tried a few times but instead of her hand lifting the whole table came up as well.

Think girl, think. She was screaming in her mind. How to demagnetize an object...simple science 101...come on...you know this. She knew how to demagnetize something the was NOT magnetized to begin with but that wasn't exactly the problem here now was it? She looked at her hands and shrugged wondering if moving her hands over the table might make her able to leg go. Nope, no such luck. She saw a chair about two feet behind her and dragged the tables with her over to it and sat down to think.

She looked around the room, not any more happy about the goings on, but she did notice the man in the corner who was just chilling out like nothing was happening. "Wow...I even you dude...whoever you are." She was still looking around, "Anyone have any ideas? A little help would be much appreciated...little help lotta help..anything?"

Toddly Nota Sorcerer , Griffin Jacobs, Jackson, Carter and Xavier and Jaxob

Xavier was relieved that the vampire didn't interfere as he managed to pin the bear shifter down and look over at Griffin without missing a beat. " Hey briefcase man, get him in there so that we can deal with the new people without someone interfereing and pinning our little friend again," he replied, having knocked out the shifter for now.

" Thank you, Xavier," Jaxob replied.

Carter looked over at Bella. "
I've been in worse, so yeah, I'm okay."

Griffin just stared at the mess that was happening and before he could even get a word in, Xavier would rudely demand that he would put the unconcious bear in his suitcase. He just let loose a sigh, opening it up and watching as Xavier would throw them in there. It was weird to think that out of all the things in the world, he had become known as briefcase guy. He looked over at Bex and tried to think of a way to make things better for her, he wasn't too much at knowing about powers as much as the supernatural.

Jackson had to wonder if the man at the bar could help and just wouldn't. It was one thing if he didn't know anything, but it was another if he was just ignoring her in favor of things going back to hell. He wondered how it was possible that he was one of the few normal people left in the room. Todd would walk in and over sitting nxt to her, not knowng i fthere was a spell that would make him better. He did note that the man was taking a sip of the beer, almost as if he was debating something, but couldn't find the answer.

The man would look over at her and took a second breath. " Can't say that this is the strengest thing I've ever seen, but the table certainly sounds attracted to you. I'm Michael Hall. If I may-" he replied, gently pulling some gloves out of his pocket, placing them against her hands and then putting a powerful set of magnets into the gloves. " That should be better and you can slide the gloves on. Opposite polarity would keep you from attracting tables."

James

James was relieved that they had gotten rid of the dangerous magus who had tried to kill both him and the other. He didn't know what to say expect for the fact that he was relieved that everything hadn't gone to the dogs, even if the boy ignored them.

There were no antagonists in the lobby and he would turn back and just stare at them. " Why the fuck are you following me? You some sort of perv who gets off on following young men into his cult or something?" He asked them.

@PoetLore @Gands

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gands and PoetLore
Bex looked up at him, "I'm Bex...and thank you!' she said sliding on the gloves the second her hands were able to lift from the table. She tested out his theory and touched the table and then lifted her hand off of it. "Oh...I can't tell you what a huge relief this is!" She stood then and looked at the mess the whole room was in and winced. "I don't think we are making a good impression on the people here," she said in a dismissive voice.

She noticed that everyone seemed to be treating Griffin's suitcase like a handy prison for just about everyone. She wondered what would happen if they all woke up in there at once? would their friends we safe? She'd have to ask Griffin later.

Looking at Michael, "Sorry to have interrupted your peaceful ...whatever you were doing over there. But thank you so much for the help." She tipped her head and curls bounced all around in an interesting way she was totally unaware of, "Are you from here?" She asked wondering if he was or if was like the rest of them...one of the wizard's many victims. And if the latter...was he a goodguy or a bad guy?

Bella watched as the fellow she started to watch cleverly disentangled Bex from the tables. While Bexs gushed greatful, Bella listened and directed her senses to analyze Michale.

Meanwhile Mathew...

He is looking at arcade boy with an expression of mild incredulity.

" Dude, didnt you notice that woman with the fire in her hands ?"

Toddly Nota Sorcerer , Griffin Jacobs, Jackson, Carter and Xavier and Jaxob and Michael Hall

Todd suspected that this was the man they needed to meet and he was relieved that he was so easy to find. He decided it would be more interesting for them to figure it out on their own though. " It's nice to meet you, Bex. I've met a few people who have strange powers, always try to be a help when I can be. First impressions are always more memorable when they aren't good. That being said, I have no clue why that bear was attacking me."

Griffin was surprised that the man had observed what was happening. How much of it was understanding what was going on? He wasn't sure and that worried him. Was he the one they needed or just another potential enemy under the wizard's spell?

Michael let loose a laugh. " All you interrupted was a driink that I was having. I suspected it wouldn't remain peaceful, bars rarely do, there are always fights here. I can't say I'm from here. My son Aidan and I are a better of drifters. We don't have a home, we just go from place to place, earnn some money and move on. We found ourselves here, but I don't think we will be staying for longer, got to move on."

Carter got the sense that there was more to the story than Michael was saying, but he didn't want to ask. It would seem rude to ask such open and direct questions. He didn't want to scare their new ally.

Xavier bit back his tongue, holding his opinion and would squeeze Jaxob's hand to do the same. From Bella's read, she would get that Michael was a type of traveling con artist.

James

James really wished he had cut Matthew off before he started talking, but it was too late for that.

"
Oh, so you're crazy guys? I got it. No, I didn't see any woman with hands on fire. Did you take your meds, old man?"

@Gands @PoetLore

Bex smiled, "Well I certainly appreciate it since I had no idea this was something I could do." She smirked a bit, "I can only hope I learn to control it and that it may prove useful in helping us all get home." She frowned at the bear, "I'm beginning to think that we can expect to either be helped or attacked in this place...and neither seems to have a good explanation."

She glanced at Michael, "I wouldn't know...this is my first time in a bar. But I'd have to agree with you based on this one time." He was moving on, "Why did you come here?" she asked, "We are looking for someone...I think...honestly I'm a bit confused by everything but...were you waiting for someone??"

A bit further away now from Bexs and their new potential all Michael, Bella kept an ear on the two while now turning her attention to any others who might be paying attention to the situation. She ordered a mixed drink, which she didn't noticeably drink. She let her vampire senses read more into the denizens of the bar...

Meanwhile Mathew, unused to being... the old man.... Further unused to being disbelieved in such a way.. Looks over at the guy with him and shakes his head a bit. He turns away from the boy and casts a simple spell of perception. He takes in all of the inside of the bar, then moves his perception outside. If there is anything there he will go and tell the others. He has half a mind to cast a big obvious portal to get to the other side of the bar... but he thinks better of it. Casting in front of likely civilians can sometimes backfire. Reality bites back every so often, so best not to take the chance.

(quietly to his companion as he is walking away ) " Remind me next time not to interfere "

Toddly Nota Sorcerer , Griffin Jacobs, Jackson, Carter and Xavier and Jaxob and Michael Hall

Michael would look over at her. " Superpowers can be weird like that, or rather unique abilities, whichever term you prefer. I can kind of tell that most of your friends aren't normal. A sorcerer, a phoenix, a human, a humanoid ghost, a dragon, a doppelganger and two vampires. Honestly, the bear attacking me was the weirdest thing of the night. And I have had a pretty long night."

Toddly would make an audible facepalm. If this was indeed the man they needed, it was going to raise all sorts of red flags, but he guess the girl had missed the memo.

Griffin on the other hand thought Bex was a good job, she hadn't outed them and hadn't mentioned anything dangerous either.

Jackson looked down and had to wonder how they were going to explain without going crazy.

Xavier and Carter would both be working on shoving the bear into the suitcase.

" Actually, I was waiting for someone. I am waiting for my son to get back here so we can have a room to stay in for the night. He still has to figure out how to sneak in. He was in the arcade last I checked, but hopefully, he finished up and will be coming to meet me at this bar soon." At least two other patrons had the scent of children, though they were adults. Perhaps others affected by Adelarus?

James

Matthew would be able to draw two things from his perception spell. One was that Todd had lied about only two more infected- as there were at least three affected in the bar. The second thing he was able to conclude was that the man Bex was talking to had been affected by the spell and the kid that had ran off was the other person who was needed to be found. He was also able to surmise something else about Todd. Besides the appearance from before, he was able to draw a name around his name. Adelarus. There would be something familiar about the name and he would recognize it.... but should he tell the others?

" Hey, you couldn't have realized that it would backfire so terribly, you learn anything yet?"

@Gands @PoetLore

Belladonna

Bella continued to watch the bar, deciding she rather liked smooth talking Michale Hall. She found it unusual that he seemed to be able to identify all of her party. She wandered over to where he and Bex were and introduced herself.

"Good evening ! I'm called Bella, mind if I join you ? "

Like most of the afflicted, her body language and attitude seemed out of place with her teenage look and body.

Mathew

The magus frowned when his perception spell faded away. He turned back to James who had been hanging out with him.
(quietly spoken )
"There is something odd about our sort of host... Todd. He may be afflicted too and there may be a reason that he knows so much about this curse. "

Todd would be relieved that the man didn't go running out. He would look over to see that Xavier, Carter and now Jaxob along with Jackson were trying to shove the bear into the suitcase. It would probably help if they open it.

Griffin was relieved that Bella had joined them, even if Michael didn't know he was in trouble.

" I wouldn't mind at all. I'm Michael. Oh, here comes my son."

Aidan would walk into the bar, looking around. " Well, at least you don't have a weird old man and his like adopted teenage son following you. Is that four men trying to shove a bear in a closed suitcase?"

Mathew

James

James would look over at him, noticing that as he did that, the boy who they had following would slip his way into the bar.

" It would make sense that he is afflicted like us. He carries a very mature persona against the appearance he keeps. What exactly did you see?" He asked.

@Gands @PoetLore