The Grimm Wars: Winter is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
He assisted Watson first. Only after following in, giving a courteous nod of thanks to Kel before he sat down and looked upon Keladry with frank scrutiny. As well as more then a little inward sheepishness. Not for the first time did he inwardly curse the reason he was here and adjusting his cane so as not to entangle up anything, he offered a smile.

"You do me honor my lady, allowing me and my entourage to join you. But forgive me, you have me at a disadvantage."

Meaning while she knew who he was, he felt bad that he couldn't say likewise.

On his shoulder, he was very careful not to disturb the fairy.

@The Tactician @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent

----------------

The caravan as a whole was still a sight to see. Besides the knights and nobility, were other travelers. Merchant caravans who provided supplies along the way at reasonable prices, trolls like living monoliths, rock-skinned and amiable. Dwarven wagons, toymakers of great skill and one, old man in a pointy wide brimmed hat in a covered wagon. All had come and all would be joining the festival.

In the skies and between the travelers, fairies flitted back and forth with glee.

It was going to be....An event to remember.

And in the distance five miles away watching the caravan snake across the landscape, a lone rider watched them. His horse was black and so was his clothing. Hood and cloak covered all but the gauntlets and boots, of dull if intricate metal. Arendelle....

And with a rattling hiss of cold breath, he spurred his horse around and was gone.

@The Tactician @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @T.O.M. @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @york
Keladry noted the way his cane hand fidgeted under the disguise of trying to adjust his cane to prevent entanglement and her eyes filled with amused mirth. A shy one, though one who hid it well behind a smile and confidant voice. Perhaps Kel would enjoy his company in the future if that shyness extends to keeping away from court?

"Oh, it is quite alright, Prince Severus. It is only polite that I extend an invitation to one of your pedigree and prestige..."

Her head then tilted forward in a quick bow, as a return of his earlier gesture, "Lady Keladry of Cardomas, at your service, Prince Severus of Somnium. I've heard quite a great deal about the Prince Magister, so I hope you are as well adept in the sciences as they say you are, my friend..."

Her eyes then turned to the doctor and the fairy, her ever-present smile still firmly in place as she took them in, "And that only leaves the good doctor and the free-spirited fae, does it not? Please, introduce yourselves to me so that we may all be on equal grounds as your liege here may phrase it."

@Ringmaster @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @T.O.M. @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @york

• Love
Reactions: Ringmaster

It'd been a long and arduous journey throughout the lands. Many of weaker constitutions would have likely given up the journey long ago. But this man wasn't doing it to see the world or to get resources or anything as trivial as that. The longer he roamed this world, the more disgusting it appeared to him. With flesh-eating apostles holding sway over villages far and wide, devouring humans at their leisure like a slob would devour meat that was put out in front of him. It was a revolting sight and one he sough to rid the world of entirely. But kind words would't move the apostles.

They only understood what they practiced. Sheer, unrelenting, cruelty. Only where the apostles were content to inflict upon those who didn't have a prayer of fighting back, they were so unused to experiencing it themselves. Which made it all the more satisfying to see the shocked looks on their faces as they genuinely felt pain for the first time in a hundred, maybe a thousand years? Then they begged for the same mercy they refused to grant to the people who were forced to suffer under them. But he would grant them none. For as far as he was concerned? Monsters didn't deserve mercy.

The name of this man is a simple one: Guts. But as he's more commonly known throughout the Lands?

The Black Swordsman.

images

"A-Are you sure you want to head this way, Traveler? If you run into these Apostles you speak of then I'm worried you and the caravan you're accompanying might not be so safe!" One of the members of said caravan muttered, frightened out of their mind as to what this man before them was expecting to find. They were already nervous about this trip as is without needing to worry about flesh eating beasts that posed as men too! But Guts had little time for the fear of others. So he merely nodded and grunted out a response. "I'll manage. Carry on as you were." The man quickly obeyed and went about his business, not wanting to get on this guy's badside. Even though he seemed to be made out of nothing but bad sides.

Guts normally wasn't the biggest fan of traveling in groups. Too much of a liability of people who couldn't fight getting injured when a real enemy showed itself. Ones that weren't simply common bandits or thieves that Guts had little time or patience for. But if his sources were right then it was likely he'd run into Apostles if he continued on this trail and if it meant tagging along with this Caravan so be it. Wasn't as if he came here to socialize with these people.

Though Guts's companion seemed to see it differently. Peeking over the swordsman's shoulder, the elf smiled at all those gathered. Some of them seemed so nice and friendly, maybe even approachable!

a05cb5372bc5032d0fe22a788fca3058.jpg

"You know, you should really try to make some friends here, Guts! These guys all seem really swell!" The elf chimed excitedly as Guts gritted his teeth and flared his one good eye towards the creature balancing precariously on his shoulder. "You know why we're here, Puck. It's not to make friends."

"Hmph! That's your problem, Guts! You're always afraid to take that leap! Either you're afraid they're just gonna get in your way if an Apostle shows up or-or you just don't want to be bothered! But I mean look, we're friends aren't we?" Puck asked and much to his annoyance, Guts merely gave a non-committal grunt in response. "These guys look like they can handle themselves and I'm sure they can handle an Apostle! So, why don't you just go say hello-"

"Puck. Enough."

"Fine, fine! But soon you'll be wishing you'd taken Puck's advice!"

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies @Forrest @DapperDogman @C.T. @Caravan peeps I guess

• Love
Reactions: Ringmaster
He took the proffered offer and turned it to his advantage as he smiled at the attractive knight who said so. Not a flicker of his current hurricane of emotions showed as he spoke courteously.

"Please extend to your lady my thanks and that I and my doctor would be pleased to accept."

And then Ora came, Severus adding smoothly.

"Make that my doctor and my fairy friend."
"Understood, my lord, though please, do not invite anymore... guests. The carriage can become overflowing all to quickly if more and more climb aboard to secure passage."

Polite, something that Kel could appreciate, and unsurprised by her appearance, another aspect she could be thankful for. It seemed Severus had been raised as a noble in the right fashion, or at least raised long enough in it to be prepared for unexpected sights and events. Giving the woman who walked with the prince a glance, the knight nodded her approval for the so-called 'doctor' to join Keladry. The man had every right to have an advisor or guard close at hand, just as her charge had every right to keep her close.

The fairy, however, were given a stern glare for a moment, as if a silent warning was being expressed. She had heard of the mischevious creatures before, and she did not trust it to not cause some sort of trouble for the entire procession as some point.

She then rode back to the side of the carriage, drawing the sole occupant's attention to her, "It is done, my lady... Though the prince wishes to bring along two companions. One is his young doctor, the other a fairy, one that I feel may be native to his homeland."

"A man of the academic fields and a friend of the fae? Interesting... Allow them to join us, Kel."

"Yes, my lady."

With that, the princess herself carefully opened the carriage door as the knight moved aside to allow the newcomers to join. Through the doorway, Keladry allowed a smile to grace her lips as she waved for the others to join her, "Come in, Prince Severus, you and your fair companions. I'm sure the discussion and tales to be had will occupy what time needs passing."
He assisted Watson first. Only after following in, giving a courteous nod of thanks to Kel before he sat down and looked upon Keladry with frank scrutiny. As well as more then a little inward sheepishness. Not for the first time did he inwardly curse the reason he was here and adjusting his cane so as not to entangle up anything, he offered a smile.

"You do me honor my lady, allowing me and my entourage to join you. But forgive me, you have me at a disadvantage."

Meaning while she knew who he was, he felt bad that he couldn't say likewise.

On his shoulder, he was very careful not to disturb the fairy.​
Well. At least she wasn't bored now.

Whether that was worth the confusion and mild undercurrent of annoyance she was feeling now remained to be seen. Obviously she had no problems following the orders of someone a higher rank than her, she'd been raised by a military man and had well adjusted herself to that life as soon as she joined. But it was a bit different when it was the tides of battle, or training, or survival, or whatever else might be prompting those orders than it was when all that was directing her seemed to be the whims of the nobility she was stuck babysitting accompanying.

But like hell was she going to say anything out loud about that, so she merely gave the knight a curt nod of acknowledgement at the offer and hobbled off along with Severus for the carriage. That didn't stop the brief look of incredulity when the prince stopped outside carriage and offered to help her up. She looked at her cane, then his cane, and then at the prince for a moment before she cleared her throat. "I'm... I'm fine. I can get in well enough your highness. Do... you require assistance?" She offered, putting out her own hand to help him up first instead :|
Keladry noted the way his cane hand fidgeted under the disguise of trying to adjust his cane to prevent entanglement and her eyes filled with amused mirth. A shy one, though one who hid it well behind a smile and confidant voice. Perhaps Kel would enjoy his company in the future if that shyness extends to keeping away from court?

"Oh, it is quite alright, Prince Severus. It is only polite that I extend an invitation to one of your pedigree and prestige..."

Her head then tilted forward in a quick bow, as a return of his earlier gesture, "Lady Keladry of Cardomas, at your service, Prince Severus of Somnium. I've heard quite a great deal about the Prince Magister, so I hope you are as well adept in the sciences as they say you are, my friend..."

Her eyes then turned to the doctor and the fairy, her ever-present smile still firmly in place as she took them in, "And that only leaves the good doctor and the free-spirited fae, does it not? Please, introduce yourselves to me so that we may all be on equal grounds as your liege here may phrase it."
Once that all got figured out and they finally managed to get themselves in the carriage she put herself at the edge of the seat and stared stiffly ahead. Sooo. Here she was. Sitting in a carriage with a prince of Somnium and a foreign noble. Just a random army captain with only the basics of courtly graces learned secondhand through her mother's patients and zero training in being a professional guard rather than a soldier. She wanted something different and well, this certainly fell into that category.

Nope, not the right kind of different, and she would have stared ahead in stony silence the rest of the ride had Lady Keladry not spoken to her directly. She blinked and glanced over before she cleared her throat (again) and replied stiffly "Captain Jane Watson of the Somnium Field Medicine and Alchemy Corps, your ladyship. Currently assigned to the fifth regiment of the Royal Guard." she finished with a awkward smile and as much of a bow as she could manage sitting down before she returned to her staring contest with the carriage's paneling directly ahead of her.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest @The party carriage

Last edited:
More and more people were starting to arrive, and yet Haraise knew that too much company around wouldn't spell good news for her and her goal to kill her murderer out of revenge. If someone made her flame go out... or shatter her lantern with such great force, then it would be it for her. Unsure on what to do, Haraise moved herself more into the trees that were nearby, focusing on her goal to get her revenge.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @T.O.M. @Forrest @DapperDogman @C.T. @Caravan peeps I guess​

Well. At least she wasn't bored now.

Whether that was worth the confusion and mild undercurrent of annoyance she was feeling now remained to be seen. Obviously she had no problems following the orders of someone a higher rank than her, she'd been raised by a military man and had well adjusted herself to that life as soon as she joined. But it was a bit different when it was the tides of battle, or training, or survival, or whatever else might be prompting those orders than it was when all that was directing her seemed to be the whims of the nobility she was stuck babysitting accompanying.

But like hell was she going to say anything out loud about that, so she merely gave the knight a curt nod of acknowledgement at the offer and hobbled off along with Severus for the carriage. That didn't stop the brief look of incredulity when the prince stopped outside carriage and offered to help her up. She looked at her cane, then his cane, and then at the prince for a moment before she cleared her throat. "I'm... I'm fine. I can get in well enough your highness. Do... you require assistance?" She offered, putting out her own hand to help him up first instead :|

Once that all got figured out and they finally managed to get themselves in the carriage she put herself at the edge of the seat and stared stiffly ahead. Sooo. Here she was. Sitting in a carriage with a prince of Somnium and a foreign noble. Just a random army captain with only the basics of courtly graces learned secondhand through her mother's patients and zero training in being a professional guard rather than a soldier. She wanted something different and well, this certainly fell into that category.

Nope, not the right kind of different, and she would have stared ahead in stony silence the rest of the ride had Lady Keladry not spoken to her directly. She blinked and glanced over before she cleared her throat (again) and replied stiffly "Captain Jane Watson of the Somnium Field Medicine and Alchemy Corps, your ladyship. Currently assigned to the fifth regiment of the Royal Guard." she finished with a awkward smile and as much of a bow as she could manage sitting down before she returned to her staring contest with the carriage's paneling directly ahead of her.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest @The party carriage

"Captain of the Field Medicine and Alchemy Corps? Quite the feat to achieve, and at such a young age, Miss Watson. With such ambition and a healthy academic mind, I can see why you were picked for the prince's guard if only to keep his mind from going dull with lack of scientific thought."

She seems shy, or simply uncomfortable with the situation. Odd, given her rank and position. Then again, something had clearly happened in the past recently if her cane was any indication. Perhaps she had been wounded and they thought she needed a less dangerous field to work in? Field medicine did imply the battlefield, and one who specialized in alchemy was a terror to behold, naturally born with magic or not. However, Keladry didn't quite understand why she would be placed on such an important task such as this if that was the case.

"And it is Keladry, not your ladyship, Jane. There is no need for formalities outside the royal court." Unlike what Kel might believe. "Besides, I invited you all here as friends," Her hand glided along to indicate all three of them, as if her invitation had always been meant for the whole group, "And there is no need for titles and niceties among friends." Hopefully, the gesture would put the girl at ease. It was better if all were involved in the conversation as it would help for them to gain a better understanding of each other.

Or to keep herself amused. Keladry wouldn't deny a strange interest in the trio beyond their titles. It wasn't like Kel was able to keep her as amused as she normally would given their current roles and the fact she was speaking to one of the most influential and dangerous men in the church.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest

prince for a moment before she cleared her throat. "I'm... I'm fine. I can get in well enough your highness. Do... you require assistance?" She offered, putting out her own hand to help him up first instead :|

With an un-royalist snort, he managed to hide his smile.

"Of course Captain. Which is why as the stronger, you'll be heading in first, as I doubt I'd be strong enough to assist without falling head over heels if I tried to pull from inside."

He wasn't quite so weak as that, but his pride had been battered enough that it could stand more for anothers sake. Especially for a decorated soldier, who he envied briefly before dismissing the feeling as unworthy. It wasn't all bad. He had most of his health and could manage ten flights of stairs without assistance. That should be enough.

Or so he liked to think.

The Prince Magister? Lion alive, what were people saying about him?! It was bad enough dealing with the stares. He didn't need anything else atop of that, good or bad. In that smiling, merry face he felt uncomfortable and incredibly inadequate. But as a polite response was needed, he cleared his throat and less confident he spoke.

"I thank you. But word of mouth has greatly exaggerated my deeds, those I can claim for myself unlike others. I have slain no dragons, I have never jousted in my life and great magic is beyond me. All I have ever done is seek the answers to questions greater men before me have asked. All in all, hardly worthy of song unlike those in this very carriage."

He thought of the frustration after the operation, his old metal brace he wore to aid him and the day he realized the truth. That for all his bloodline? Sunlight and Plague effected both commoners and royal. It did not discern and did not care two pins for who his grandfather was, or what spoon he used. It was a sobering epiphany for a boy.

And it changed everything. He blinked and memory fell away for the present time.
"Captain of the Field Medicine and Alchemy Corps? Quite the feat to achieve, and at such a young age, Miss Watson. With such ambition and a healthy academic mind, I can see why you were picked for the prince's guard if only to keep his mind from going dull with lack of scientific thought."

She seems shy, or simply uncomfortable with the situation. Odd, given her rank and position. Then again, something had clearly happened in the past recently if her cane was any indication. Perhaps she had been wounded and they thought she needed a less dangerous field to work in? Field medicine did imply the battlefield, and one who specialized in alchemy was a terror to behold, naturally born with magic or not. However, Keladry didn't quite understand why she would be placed on such an important task such as this if that was the case.

"And it is Keladry, not your ladyship, Jane. There is no need for formalities outside the royal court." Unlike what Kel might believe. "Besides, I invited you all here as friends," Her hand glided along to indicate all three of them, as if her invitation had always been meant for the whole group, "And there is no need for titles and niceties among friends." Hopefully, the gesture would put the girl at ease. It was better if all were involved in the conversation as it would help for them to gain a better understanding of each other.

Or to keep herself amused. Keladry wouldn't deny a strange interest in the trio beyond their titles. It wasn't like Kel was able to keep her as amused as she normally would given their current roles and the fact she was speaking to one of the most influential and dangerous men in the church.

There was something about her too. Something he couldn't put his finger on. He was no Sherlock Holmes, but being a magister entailed a certain sort of inquisitive mind. He looked away, out the window. His eyes lingered briefly on the lady knight and inquisitor, passed over the floating lantern and sour-looking redhead and finally returned to here as his own bright green eyes full of wariness and majesty like a wounded panther met that of Keladry as Severus sought to come up with a suitable topic, from his scant social experience.

"Nice weather we're having."

Nailed it. : D
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician @Indolent @Forrest @C.T. @Gummie Bunnies @york @T.O.M. @DapperDogman @OrlandoBloomers @Party Carriage has no brakes.

"Of course Captain. Which is why as the stronger, you'll be heading in first, as I doubt I'd be strong enough to assist without falling head over heels if I tried to pull from inside."

He wasn't quite so weak as that, but his pride had been battered enough that it could stand more for anothers sake. Especially for a decorated soldier, who he envied briefly before dismissing the feeling as unworthy. It wasn't all bad. He had most of his health and could manage ten flights of stairs without assistance. That should be enough.

Or so he liked to think.

The Prince Magister? Lion alive, what were people saying about him?! It was bad enough dealing with the stares. He didn't need anything else atop of that, good or bad. In that smiling, merry face he felt uncomfortable and incredibly inadequate. But as a polite response was needed, he cleared his throat and less confident he spoke.

"I thank you. But word of mouth has greatly exaggerated my deeds, those I can claim for myself unlike others. I have slain no dragons, I have never jousted in my life and great magic is beyond me. All I have ever done is seek the answers to questions greater men before me have asked. All in all, hardly worthy of song unlike those in this very carriage."

He thought of the frustration after the operation, his old metal brace he wore to aid him and the day he realized the truth. That for all his bloodline? Sunlight and Plague effected both commoners and royal. It did not discern and did not care two pins for who his grandfather was, or what spoon he used. It was a sobering epiphany for a boy.

And it changed everything. He blinked and memory fell away for the present time.

There was something about her too. Something he couldn't put his finger on. He was no Sherlock Holmes, but being a magister entailed a certain sort of inquisitive mind. He looked away, out the window. His eyes lingered briefly on the lady knight and inquisitor, passed over the floating lantern and sour-looking redhead and finally returned to here as his own bright green eyes full of wariness and majesty like a wounded panther met that of Keladry as Severus sought to come up with a suitable topic, from his scant social experience.

Nailed it. : D
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician @Indolent @Forrest @C.T. @Gummie Bunnies @york @T.O.M. @DapperDogman @OrlandoBloomers @Party Carriage has no brakes.
Quite the humble young man. Not boastful of his lineage at all. Interesting.

"In this carriage? Well, while I do not know what Miss Watson or our fae friend have gotten up to in their lives, I can say that my only claim to being sung of will have to do with my noble birth and the fact that some say that I am quite the charming young lady. Other than that, nothing remarkable stands to admired or sought after," Her eyes drifted away for a moment, staring out the carriage's window at the knight who spoke to an inquisitor and rode alongside the carriage outside. Something akin to sadness flitted through her eyes before she turned back, smile and mirth back in place, "If anything, you should look Dame Kel herself. I believe that this journey of ours is only the start of a ballad of my friend's deeds."

Sapphire blue met pained emerald green eyes and she tilted her head at the boy who acted as though he had no claim to greatness, "And you pursue a noble line of interest as well, Severus. Academics, unraveling the mysteries of magic and of the natural... It is just a great as being a proud knight or being a diplomat for one's kingdom, and just as important."

"And yes, it has been good weather. Arendelle has been blessed to have such an easy time this year, though I hope it stays so during the frigid winter months. It would be awful to hear of this land being forced to shelter from Father Winter's grasp."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest @C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @york @T.O.M. @DapperDogman @OrlandoBloomers

@Party Carriage needs to lighten up a bit, Severus : |​

As Keladry began to welcome hopefully new friends into her carriage, Kel returned to Haskel's side, riding alongside him as they walked. She focused upon his dismissal of her praises of him and nodded at his assertion that all were equal before God's eyes. Humble and wise, both worthwhile traits of a servant of the church.

"Quite more experienced, Lord-Inquisitor. I've read many of the reports of your actions in bringing to heel heretics and savage non-believers, and I must say, you've certainly performed your duties to such a zealous extent that I doubt your acts will be met in magnitude for many generations. You should allow yourself some sort of pride, sir," She paused, pondering his question and how she should answer it. He was simply a representative of the church, not one seeking to harm her charge nor her kingdom, so there was probably little harm in at least speaking somewhat clearly about the topic, "As for my own and my lady's duties... Yes, in a vague sense. Cardomas wishes to make overtures of friendship to this land, while also showcasing its knights in mock battle to deter any who may seek to harm us. She fulfills the former, and I take joy in the latter. In fact, this will be my first tourney and I quite look forward to it."
Haskel paid no mind to the fact that his new compatriot was riding a horse while he himself walked, his rather large stride and brisk pace allowing him to easily keep up with the animal. Despite his humble demeanor, a small smile did form beneath the Inquisitor's helm at the mention of his prior deeds concerning heretics and blasphemers. Truth be told, he did know how good he was when it came to rooting out sin and heresy, and indeed, he was proud of it, more than a bit. But a man who brags openly was no friend of the Cathedral, and indeed no friend of Haskel Logarius, of all people.

"I suppose so. I take no joy in my work, really, I don't, but I suppose it must be done by someone. If not me, then someone else." Haskel muttered, nodding to Kel's words. Ah. So he was correct in his assumptions. "Well, I am glad to hear it. Hearing of friendship and alliances between lands always brings me joy. And I bid you good luck in the tourney, m'lady. If I choose to participate, I believe this shall be my...fourth? Fifth? I don't usually find the time for events like this, unless beseeched by the Grand Inquisitor as necessary. It's all good fun, though, one of your martial prowess would take joy in it, indeed."

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Whoever else is around

Or so he liked to think.​

She stared deadpan at that for a moment before she gave a formal nod and made her way inside. Resolutely refusing assistance in the arduous journey up regardless of who was going first : |

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest
She gave a noncommital shrug at the compliments, her fingers drumming on her knees as she looked at the world slowly rolling by outside. "I suppose. Rank wasn't what I was striving for, but I admit its certainly nice to not be stuck in the common barracks or with their rations." she eventually replied. At the insistance on her name, Jane found herself once again staring in mild confusion at someone way over her rank. That was... a very un-nobley thing to say, but after a while she nodded and cleared her throat. again.

"... sorry. Small cough. But as you say your ladyshi- I mean Lady Keladry-" Wait. Did she not even want that part added, was that still too formal? "Kelly."

"..."

mmmnnope. Too far. Not enough formal. It took Watson a moment to even realize she said that, and once she did she cleared her throat yet again and just went back to staring outside, now in mild embarassment in addition to the general awkwardness of the situation wafting through the air. Hoping someone changed the subject swiftly.

Truly she had been saved : |
Quite the humble young man. Not boastful of his lineage at all. Interesting.

"In this carriage? Well, while I do not know what Miss Watson or our fae friend have gotten up to in their lives, I can say that my only claim to being sung of will have to do with my noble birth and the fact that some say that I am quite the charming young lady. Other than that, nothing remarkable stands to admired or sought after," Her eyes drifted away for a moment, staring out the carriage's window at the knight who spoke to an inquisitor and rode alongside the carriage outside. Something akin to sadness flitted through her eyes before she turned back, smile and mirth back in place, "If anything, you should look Dame Kel herself. I believe that this journey of ours is only the start of a ballad of my friend's deeds."

Sapphire blue met pained emerald green eyes and she tilted her head at the boy who acted as though he had no claim to greatness, "And you pursue a noble line of interest as well, Severus. Academics, unraveling the mysteries of magic and of the natural... It is just a great as being a proud knight or being a diplomat for one's kingdom, and just as important."

"And yes, it has been good weather. Arendelle has been blessed to have such an easy time this year, though I hope it stays so during the frigid winter months. It would be awful to hear of this land being forced to shelter from Father Winter's grasp."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest @C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @york @T.O.M. @DapperDogman @OrlandoBloomers

@Party Carriage needs to lighten up a bit, Severus : |​
Thankfully at least one person in the carriage actually knew how to socialize in a normal and non slightly hazed by ptsd way, and she simply nodded in agreement of the lady's assessment of both her prince and the weather before turning back to the window and tried to avoid sticking her foot in her mouth again.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest @The party carriage​

Haskel paid no mind to the fact that his new compatriot was riding a horse while he himself walked, his rather large stride and brisk pace allowing him to easily keep up with the animal. Despite his humble demeanor, a small smile did form beneath the Inquisitor's helm at the mention of his prior deeds concerning heretics and blasphemers. Truth be told, he did know how good he was when it came to rooting out sin and heresy, and indeed, he was proud of it, more than a bit. But a man who brags openly was no friend of the Cathedral, and indeed no friend of Haskel Logarius, of all people.

"I suppose so. I take no joy in my work, really, I don't, but I suppose it must be done by someone. If not me, then someone else." Haskel muttered, nodding to Kel's words. Ah. So he was correct in his assumptions. "Well, I am glad to hear it. Hearing of friendship and alliances between lands always brings me joy. And I bid you good luck in the tourney, m'lady. If I choose to participate, I believe this shall be my...fourth? Fifth? I don't usually find the time for events like this, unless beseeched by the Grand Inquisitor as necessary. It's all good fun, though, one of your martial prowess would take joy in it, indeed."

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Whoever else is around
"I'm glad it does so, Lord-Inquisitor, as it helps not only the nobility and the peasantry, but also the church," Kel explained, careful to make sure her steed did not ride ahead, "Peace for the people allows for the servants of the church to be unmolested in the tasks set by the Allfather. Those in need due to poverty or famine are better aided because of that and the fact that the nobility who do care about their subjects can devote resources to help those afflicted by disease or drought."

The knight then shook her head, clearing her mind of the thoughts, "In any case, Lord-Inquisitor, thank you for your words of luck. It lightens the nervousness to know that a veteran both of battle and of the melee such as you gives me blessings... Though I would not mind the opportunity to test myself against you, Logarius."

She stared deadpan at that for a moment before she gave a formal nod and made her way inside. Resolutely refusing assistance in the arduous journey up regardless of who was going first : |

She gave a noncommital shrug at the compliments, her fingers drumming on her knees as she looked at the world slowly rolling by outside. "I suppose. Rank wasn't what I was striving for, but I admit its certainly nice to not be stuck in the common barracks or with their rations." she eventually replied. At the insistance on her name, Jane found herself once again staring in mild confusion at someone way over her rank. That was... a very un-nobley thing to say, but after a while she nodded and cleared her throat. again.

"... sorry. Small cough. But as you say your ladyshi- I mean Lady Keladry-" Wait. Did she not even want that part added, was that still too formal? "Kelly."

"..."

mmmnnope. Too far. Not enough formal. It took Watson a moment to even realize she said that, and once she did she cleared her throat yet again and just went back to staring outside, now in mild embarassment in addition to the general awkwardness of the situation wafting through the air. Hoping someone changed the subject swiftly.

Truly she had been saved : |

Thankfully at least one person in the carriage actually knew how to socialize in a normal and non slightly hazed by ptsd way, and she simply nodded in agreement of the lady's assessment of both her prince and the weather before turning back to the window and tried to avoid sticking her foot in her mouth again.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest @The party carriage​
For a moment, Keladry froze in mute silence for a second as her eyes widened in shock. The new nickname had a strange effect on her, as a memory of when she and her faithful knight had been younger and had first met reemerged. It had been so long ago, in those days when they had not known what the future held for them, that now, the memory seemed somewhat faded beyond a few important details. A bowl of olives at that meal, a few choice words, the first names the two gave it each other. Olive... Kelly...

It had been a long time since she had heard that name used.

"I like it," The memory receded once again as Keladry unfroze and calmly nodded, "Though you're not the first to use that name, Jane."

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Indolent @Forrest

For a moment, Keladry froze in mute silence for a second as her eyes widened in shock. The new nickname had a strange effect on her, as a memory of when she and her faithful knight had been younger and had first met reemerged. It had been so long ago, in those days when they had not known what the future held for them, that now, the memory seemed somewhat faded beyond a few important details. A bowl of olives at that meal, a few choice words, the first names the two gave it each other. Olive... Kelly...

Jane froze after she saw that Keladry froze. Oh crap. Apparently her ladyship had taken offense. Great. At best she would be politely asked to leave the carriage (which would almost be a win at this point) or at worst this was a particularly temperamental noble and Jane just successfully kicked off her first international incident-
"I like it," The memory receded once again as Keladry unfroze and calmly nodded, "Though you're not the first to use that name, Jane."
Oh.

She slowly nodded at that and warily replied. "I'm.... glad? You like it. Hopefully fond memories".

@Ringmaster @Forrest @The Tactician @Indolent @the socially awkward carriage​

Jane froze after she saw that Keladry froze. Oh crap. Apparently her ladyship had taken offense. Great. At best she would be politely asked to leave the carriage (which would almost be a win at this point) or at worst this was a particularly temperamental noble and Jane just successfully kicked off her first international incident-

Oh.

She slowly nodded at that and warily replied. "I'm.... glad? You like it. Hopefully fond memories".

@Ringmaster @Forrest @The Tactician @Indolent @the socially awkward carriage​
Oh goodness, will these Somniums ever learn to relax? You would think those touched by fae would be more... Perhaps whimsical is the word?

"Yes, quite fond. They involve my closest friend..." She leaned back and sighed, trying to keep unwound while taking another glance out the window to watch as the crowd gathered along the procession's path, "You'd think we'd be there by now, what with this crowd out and about. Perhaps our carriage men have simply passed our stop up, given how long we've been stuck in these boxes on wheels..."

"I'm glad it does so, Lord-Inquisitor, as it helps not only the nobility and the peasantry, but also the church," Kel explained, careful to make sure her steed did not ride ahead, "Peace for the people allows for the servants of the church to be unmolested in the tasks set by the Allfather. Those in need due to poverty or famine are better aided because of that and the fact that the nobility who do care about their subjects can devote resources to help those afflicted by disease or drought."

The knight then shook her head, clearing her mind of the thoughts, "In any case, Lord-Inquisitor, thank you for your words of luck. It lightens the nervousness to know that a veteran both of battle and of the melee such as you gives me blessings... Though I would not mind the opportunity to test myself against you, Logarius."
Something resembling a laugh grumbled out of Logarius, a basso rumble more felt than heard. Not a mocking laugh, more of an appreciative chuckle on his part. "I would not be against the idea. Perhaps I shall find the time for the tourney, with so exhilarating a challenge on the table." Once again, unapparent to anyone but him, a smile was plastered on the Inquisitor's face. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had a proper bout with another skilled combatant. The cultists of the heathen gods within the mountains of Tash Kulun hadn't come close, with their furs, clubs, and javelins, and any blasphemers he'd taken up arms against recently had been uproarious peasants or decadent noblemen.

Truly, an idea worth putting aside a few conversion missions for.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @PartyCaravan​

Something resembling a laugh grumbled out of Logarius, a basso rumble more felt than heard. Not a mocking laugh, more of an appreciative chuckle on his part. "I would not be against the idea. Perhaps I shall find the time for the tourney, with so exhilarating a challenge on the table." Once again, unapparent to anyone but him, a smile was plastered on the Inquisitor's face. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had a proper bout with another skilled combatant. The cultists of the heathen gods within the mountains of Tash Kulun hadn't come close, with their furs, clubs, and javelins, and any blasphemers he'd taken up arms against recently had been uproarious peasants or decadent noblemen.

Truly, an idea worth putting aside a few conversion missions for.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @PartyCaravan​
There was the smirk again, a slight tilt of the knight's lips as if in response to the unseen smile under Logarius's helm. She was confidant she could win, though she would need to be careful when she went forward to face the man she had quickly become friends with. Shield and sword would be good in her hands, but she knew that the inquisitor was craftier than the knights they would both certainly face there. This was a man who killed in the name of god, one had become efficient in that art. She would need to prepare.

"I look forward to it as well, Lord-Inquisitor, though do remember to enter your name into the event. I would hate it if we missed our chance to face one another simply because you had forgotten such an important detail."

The caravan as a whole was still a sight to see. Besides the knights and nobility, were other travelers. Merchant caravans who provided supplies along the way at reasonable prices, trolls like living monoliths, rock-skinned and amiable. Dwarven wagons, toymakers of great skill and one, old man in a pointy wide brimmed hat in a covered wagon. All had come and all would be joining the festival.

In the skies and between the travelers, fairies flitted back and forth with glee.

It was going to be....An event to remember.

And in the distance five miles away watching the caravan snake across the landscape, a lone rider watched them. His horse was black and so was his clothing. Hood and cloak covered all but the gauntlets and boots, of dull if intricate metal. Arendelle....

And with a rattling hiss of cold breath, he spurred his horse around and was gone.

@The Tactician @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @T.O.M. @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @york
Lorie Fisher
@The Tactician @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @T.O.M. @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Ringmaster

Lorie eventually found herself looking through the caravan once again, she sort of wished she had money to spare, seeing that there were many merchants about, with rather good prices for their wares... At least good in comparison to the prices she knew in her hometown; due to how many wealthy individuals lived in the area, the prices were quite steep at the time. Looking towards the skies, she noticed that faries were gleefully flitting back and forth, some even swooping rather close to her... It made her smile a little as she prepared to reach a hand out, not having seen one up close before... Though, she quickly retracted it when she felt a strange chill coming down her spine... If felt like she was being watched. She quickly turned her attention towards where she swore she saw someone looking at her, and for a moment, she could see a lone rider in the distance, but they were already gone when she blinked, before she could even have time to process what was going on.

Wth a sigh, she turned her attention back to the fairies, reaching out a hand to one of them once more... Wondering if they would even notice her... Her instinct to reach out to that fairy was more out of a childish sense of curiousity if anything, like the first time she had seen a flame really... Except her grandmother had been there in time to pull her hand away before she could get burnt.

What could he say? What could he say that had any sort of meaning behind it, in public view? That he knew what it felt like to be a stub? His mother loved him dearly, he knew that. But that was the prerogative of mothers. Outside of that, he felt little worth in who he was and what he did. It was simply experiments indoors, away from all the serious work. Enough to keep him busy and prevent him from becoming little more then an ornament. He knew Somnium in many respects was forward thinking in its methods....Too forward for a lot of kingdoms. But thats what happened when a prince married a scullery maid and produced heirs. It engendered a more flexible way of thought and the kingdom followed after. His brother for the crown heir, his sister the diplomat....Where did that leave him?

He didn't know. Aloud, he said quietly. His voice taking a rolling, deeper quality as he half chanted, half sung the following.

"Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon."

"Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known."

"I've traveled far afield in my mind, scouring maps at home. Seeing those lines of ink and studying the accounts of explorers who have been there, used to be a childhood fancy of mine. I learned them in the quiet of the library, the rolling stone language of the Dwarven Clans and the light, quick language of the Elves. I learned the languages of places long since dead and dreamt of places yet alive. If there is anything I learned in my studying? Its that it takes all sorts to make a world. It would make traveling obsolete, to imagine everyone as the same as at home."

He was surprised at his words, but they came from the heart. And looking at Keladry, he glanced away to look outside with the first, faint and true smile on his face.

It made him look his age and lightened much of the darkness that he seemed to accumulate with quiet bitterness.

----------------

Upon Lorie's hand, the ringing of bells sounded loud and clear. The fairy flitting overhand and like a cat curling around an owner, nuzzled Lorie's palm and thumb before flying away. A glowing ball of light, among many. Such were the little people here.

And then they came to the town.

Arendelle's capital city, the gates opening wide to receive them all as the roar of the mass of thousands met them. Lord Constanze turned to head for the Tourney Grounds. The better to register their group and those who would be competing in the lists, which was broken up into two main events. Jousting and Swordplay. Armor was required for both obviously, as both were knightly pursuits. A horse as well for the Jousting, though the lances themselves would be provided, though not the shields. Lesser, though not less exciting contests of skills would be Archery, Magecraft and Bardic Contests of skill with their own prizes. To enter these, one would need to head to the Tourney Grounds. Here as well, the tents of the nobility would be set up. Flags and banners fluttering in the crisp, autumn air for those who decided to join here.

The other location of interest was the Carnival Grounds. Here, the merchants jostled for position selling their wares. Food mostly, from meat pies to hot wine to malt beer to oxen roasted on open flames, sliced from the spit and given on skewers. The cooking of many kingdoms filled the air with a hissing, whetting appetites for the entertainments brought on for all. Here, there were puppet shows, storytellers who told tales of heroes from the childrens stories of Martin the Warrior to the more serious and darker stories of the lord of Mordor, whose land laid far away if not far enough for many. Toy wagons producing clockwork mechanisms and glass jewelry made a fine, brisk business. Mages and Hedgewitches likewise in fortune telling or charms.

Games off to the side, from ring toss to darts, to goldfish catching would be making a good trade. But chief in place would be the wheel of fortunes time: spin to win. And posters on prominent places would describe dancing and music later. Who knows what else might be here?

In the distance, the Castle Grounds would be seen looming in the distance. Its gates open to everyone, unusual for a royal family but a welcome one.

Where you went, was up to you.

What could he say? What could he say that had any sort of meaning behind it, in public view? That he knew what it felt like to be a stub? His mother loved him dearly, he knew that. But that was the prerogative of mothers. Outside of that, he felt little worth in who he was and what he did. It was simply experiments indoors, away from all the serious work. Enough to keep him busy and prevent him from becoming little more then an ornament. He knew Somnium in many respects was forward thinking in its methods....Too forward for a lot of kingdoms. But thats what happened when a prince married a scullery maid and produced heirs. It engendered a more flexible way of thought and the kingdom followed after. His brother for the crown heir, his sister the diplomat....Where did that leave him?

He didn't know. Aloud, he said quietly. His voice taking a rolling, deeper quality as he half chanted, half sung the following.

"Roads go ever ever on,

"Roads go ever ever on

"I've traveled far afield in my mind, scouring maps at home. Seeing those lines of ink and studying the accounts of explorers who have been there, used to be a childhood fancy of mine. I learned them in the quiet of the library, the rolling stone language of the Dwarven Clans and the light, quick language of the Elves. I learned the languages of places long since dead and dreamt of places yet alive. If there is anything I learned in my studying? Its that it takes all sorts to make a world. It would make traveling obsolete, to imagine everyone as the same as at home."

He was surprised at his words, but they came from the heart. And looking at Keladry, he glanced away to look outside with the first, faint and true smile on his face.

It made him look his age and lightened much of the darkness that he seemed to accumulate with quiet bitterness.

----------------

Upon Lorie's hand, the ringing of bells sounded loud and clear. The fairy flitting overhand and like a cat curling around an owner, nuzzled Lorie's palm and thumb before flying away. A glowing ball of light, among many. Such were the little people here.

Arendelle's capital city, the gates opening wide to receive them all as the roar of the mass of thousands met them. Lord Constanze turned to head for the Tourney Grounds. The better to register their group and those who would be competing in the lists, which was broken up into two main events. Jousting and Swordplay. Armor was required for both obviously, as both were knightly pursuits. A horse as well for the Jousting, though the lances themselves would be provided, though not the shields. Lesser, though not less exciting contests of skills would be Archery, Magecraft and Bardic Contests of skill with their own prizes. To enter these, one would need to head to the Tourney Grounds. Here as well, the tents of the nobility would be set up. Flags and banners fluttering in the crisp, autumn air for those who decided to join here.

The other location of interest was the Carnival Grounds. Here, the merchants jostled for position selling their wares. Food mostly, from meat pies to hot wine to malt beer to oxen roasted on open flames, sliced from the spit and given on skewers. The cooking of many kingdoms filled the air with a hissing, whetting appetites for the entertainments brought on for all. Here, there were puppet shows, storytellers who told tales of heroes from the childrens stories of Martin the Warrior to the more serious and darker stories of the lord of Mordor, whose land laid far away if not far enough for many. Toy wagons producing clockwork mechanisms and glass jewelry made a fine, brisk business. Mages and Hedgewitches likewise in fortune telling or charms.

Games off to the side, from ring toss to darts, to goldfish catching would be making a good trade. But chief in place would be the wheel of fortunes time: spin to win. And posters on prominent places would describe dancing and music later. Who knows what else might be here?

In the distance, the Castle Grounds would be seen looming in the distance. Its gates open to everyone, unusual for a royal family but a welcome one.

Finally, they had arrived to Arendelle proper, the city of the far north that hosted the games and royalty they had come to see. It seemed as if the earlier crowds that had lined the procession's path had only been the outliers of the immense massing of common folk and merchants who seemed to field the crowded city to overflowing. Each man, woman, and child here seemed ready to burst with joy and glad tidings, and Keladry couldn't help but feel the same as their carriage pulled towards the Tourney Grounds and stopped there, servants of Cardomas already beginning to unpack and set up the tents that she, Kel, and the various soldiers and minor nobles who had followed them would be staying in.

"A beautiful song, a lovely voice, and wise words; Quite the impressive repertoire, one that I hope they speak of when they write tales of you, Lord Severus," With a final smile towards the young man who was much too old for his own age, the young lady pushed upon the door of the carriage to step out from the confined space. "However, now is the time for us friends to separate, if only for a little while. Kel will most likely wish to enter her name into the lists for the melee as soon as possible, and I'm sure she would appreciate me being there as her quote-unquote sponsor." She looked about, her eyes finding the Carnival Grounds where many of the best merchants seemed to be selling their wares and vendors sold delicious foods and a certain longing filled her as the desire to become lost in the festival drew inside her heart.

"Though afterwards... Do not be afraid to find me in and amongst the stalls of the Carnival itself. It is always nice to peruse the latest bread and games with as many good friends as you can find the time to be with," And with that, the princess bid them a wave of goodbyes and parted from their company, searching for the knight she called her closest advisor.

"It seems we've arrived at last..." Releasing a grateful sigh as if thanking Aslan and the Allfather for finally bringing them to their destination, Kel hopped down from atop the steed she had riden while checking her blade and shield, "It is a good thing. Any longer upon that horse, and I would have perhaps lost all feeling in my legs."

She gave the servants who were now pitching the tents baring the colors of Cardomas a cursory glance before finding their actions to her satisfaction. They would be fine without her intervention, unless one of them was foolish enough to make a mistake and ruin the tent; an event they certainly did not need when they wished to put on a good show. "It seems at the moment that the others do not need me, leaving me some free time to do as I please. Perhaps now would the best of times to enter into the melee..." She turned to face Logarius, the helmed inquisitor who she had been enjoying conversation with, with a curious glint in her eyes, "What say you, Lord-Inquisitor? Care to join me in putting our names forward?"

"I do not know of Inquisitor Haskel's intent, Dame Kel, but I will certainly be there to sponsor you," With an air of regal nobility, Keladry approached them and a sudden alertness came upon the knight's actions, "Unless you would prefer if I didn't..."

The knight frowned at the idea, knowing that the lady was toying with her, "Please do not suggest such a thing, Lady Keladry. Having another friend there would ease my nerves and to have that friend be the one I am sworn to protect... It would be an honor, my lady."

@The Tactician @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @T.O.M. @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @york @PartyCarriage>PartyVan​

Arendelle's capital city, the gates opening wide to receive them all as the roar of the mass of thousands met them. Lord Constanze turned to head for the Tourney Grounds. The better to register their group and those who would be competing in the lists, which was broken up into two main events. Jousting and Swordplay. Armor was required for both obviously, as both were knightly pursuits. A horse as well for the Jousting, though the lances themselves would be provided, though not the shields. Lesser, though not less exciting contests of skills would be Archery, Magecraft and Bardic Contests of skill with their own prizes. To enter these, one would need to head to the Tourney Grounds. Here as well, the tents of the nobility would be set up. Flags and banners fluttering in the crisp, autumn air for those who decided to join here.​
Almost as soon as this procession entered the city, she too made her way for the tourney grounds. They probably would not let her compete, just judging from enough of the individuals around. The inclination for heavy armor was one she did not share. If she was absolutely forced to wear such, she would do so but if there was a choice, she would immediately refuse. Yes, such armor encompassing the body gives good protection...but it is also heavy and burdensome, restricting your movements. Not to mention the cost of maintenance. Why bother ensuring you can handle a sword strike when you could simply evade it? The best defense is not getting hit. That was why she favored only small portions of armor, particularly on her forearms as well as sturdy boots, giving her a greater ability for acrobatics and evasion while still having the capability to deflect blades.

But knights and heavy armor went hand in hand. Honor in battle. Hnh. Maybe if I talk to the tournament registrars enough...cold steel could be very persuasive. Now that's an entertaining thought. She snickered to herself.

Regardless...who knows, there might actually be a good fight to come.

@Ringmaster @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @T.O.M. @The Tactician @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @york

"Roads go ever ever on,

"Roads go ever ever on

----------------

Finally, they had arrived to Arendelle proper, the city of the far north that hosted the games and royalty they had come to see. It seemed as if the earlier crowds that had lined the procession's path had only been the outliers of the immense massing of common folk and merchants who seemed to field the crowded city to overflowing. Each man, woman, and child here seemed ready to burst with joy and glad tidings, and Keladry couldn't help but feel the same as their carriage pulled towards the Tourney Grounds and stopped there, servants of Cardomas already beginning to unpack and set up the tents that she, Kel, and the various soldiers and minor nobles who had followed them would be staying in.

"A beautiful song, a lovely voice, and wise words; Quite the impressive repertoire, one that I hope they speak of when they write tales of you, Lord Severus," With a final smile towards the young man who was much too old for his own age, the young lady pushed upon the door of the carriage to step out from the confined space. "However, now is the time for us friends to separate, if only for a little while. Kel will most likely wish to enter her name into the lists for the melee as soon as possible, and I'm sure she would appreciate me being there as her quote-unquote sponsor." She looked about, her eyes finding the Carnival Grounds where many of the best merchants seemed to be selling their wares and vendors sold delicious foods and a certain longing filled her as the desire to become lost in the festival drew inside her heart.

"Though afterwards... Do not be afraid to find me in and amongst the stalls of the Carnival itself. It is always nice to peruse the latest bread and games with as many good friends as you can find the time to be with," And with that, the princess bid them a wave of goodbyes and parted from their company, searching for the knight she called her closest advisor.

"It seems we've arrived at last..." Releasing a grateful sigh as if thanking Aslan and the Allfather for finally bringing them to their destination, Kel hopped down from atop the steed she had riden while checking her blade and shield, "It is a good thing. Any longer upon that horse, and I would have perhaps lost all feeling in my legs."

She gave the servants who were now pitching the tents baring the colors of Cardomas a cursory glance before finding their actions to her satisfaction. They would be fine without her intervention, unless one of them was foolish enough to make a mistake and ruin the tent; an event they certainly did not need when they wished to put on a good show. "It seems at the moment that the others do not need me, leaving me some free time to do as I please. Perhaps now would the best of times to enter into the melee..." She turned to face Logarius, the helmed inquisitor who she had been enjoying conversation with, with a curious glint in her eyes, "What say you, Lord-Inquisitor? Care to join me in putting our names forward?"

"I do not know of Inquisitor Haskel's intent, Dame Kel, but I will certainly be there to sponsor you," With an air of regal nobility, Keladry approached them and a sudden alertness came upon the knight's actions, "Unless you would prefer if I didn't..."

The knight frowned at the idea, knowing that the lady was toying with her, "Please do not suggest such a thing, Lady Keladry. Having another friend there would ease my nerves and to have that friend be the one I am sworn to protect... It would be an honor, my lady."

@The Tactician @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @T.O.M. @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @york @PartyCarriage>PartyVan​
Haskel breathed a sigh of relief as the caravan entered into the city. Finally, civilization. Not exactly far from the road, with its brigands and vicious animals and monsters of the night, but walls and gates and guards went a long way. As opposed to those of Cardomas, the Inquisitor had no tents, no bags, no supplies, but he had his mail, his sword, and his talisman of his faith, and that was indeed enough for him.

And indeed, what a city they had entered into. Haskel's home kingdom of Velen had some cities, but they were few and far between the massive, foreboding mountains, and even they had populations of little over one or two thousand. This, however, was a city, without a doubt. Extravagant, populous, brightly lit and bustling with commerce. He'd seen others like it, but not many, and truly none as grand as this.

And none, he wagered, with as much sin. Not apparent on the surface, it never was, but he could feel it. Bristling beneath his skin like mites, darting behind stalls and into alleyways at the burning light of his glare. But that was something for another time. Haskel had more pressing matters to attend to, truly.

"Why, I see no reason why not. I would be honored to cast my name into the melee beside yours, Dame Kel. Though, I believe I shall only enter into the tournament of swordplay, as I have no mount to speak of, and indeed, no experience in matters of the lance." A glint of its own was almost visible through the visor of the Inquisitor's helm, if not apparent visibly, then easily noticed through the uncharacteristic jovial tone of his voice. "Now then, if we have no other pressing matters to deal with..."

With these few words, Haskel turned on his heel and made his way towards the Tourney Grounds, his heavy, purposeful stride and imposing look already causing citizens to hurry out of his way.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @york @OrlandoBloomers @T.O.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.