The Grimm Wars: Winter is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that very moment, a new being decided it was time to quit standing the shadows himself. Having accompanied in secret in hopes of finding what he was looking for, he had only found wastes of his time. Like the animals those two mysterious figures had sent their way. Scaring them off through sheer force of will alone would have been easy enough. But the quicker they got through this and the search picked up again then it'd be for the better. Which is why the sound of a cannon going off erupted near Minerva and if it worked out, one of the wolves would have dropped with a hole having been blown clean through them.

If she turned to face whoever had fired off that weapon, she wouldn't have had to look very far. Standing like a giant with armor as far as the eye could see, one of the man's hands seemed to have been a prosthetic one. One that also operated as a hand cannon of all things.
AoUsdFV.png

Though she knew this place was a tense battlezone, she couldn't help having her attention drawn to that for the most fleeting of moments, her face expressionless save for a sense of awe. It was almost like being a child again, if only very temporarily. Her thoughts raced a mile a minute: I know what I want for Christmas, how do I not have one of those, where can I get one, how much would it cost, would it still work if I just severed it from this guy's arm--
Closing the hand back up, the man reached for the gigantic sword sheathed to his back and looked at the remaining wolves and Minerva. She seemed skilled enough that the knives likely would have hit enough vitals given how many of them there were being thrown.

But why not even those odds a bit more?

Rushing forward the man dug the blade of his sword along the ground before stopping near one of the incoming wolves. Lifting up his sword with what appeared to be very little effort indeed, the man let out a bloodcurdling battle cry before swinging the weapon outwards. Like a hot knife through butter.

As his sword dug through fur, flesh, and bone before coming out the other side, blood gushed from the now separated halves of the wolf and onto the man's face. As it dripped down from his face and began to run along his armor, the man let out a few breaths. But it wasn't from exhaustion or anything like that. No mere pups like these would have cost him too much energy.

No, this was because he had found himself in the heat of battle once more! Something that made his blood boil with excitement! The next opportunity to slice through whoever was foolish enough to stand in his way and oppose him!

Who was this man you may have asked?

He was known simply as Guts!
Though she was snapped back into focus on the situation soon enough, boots planted firmly into the ground in a combat stance, fingers curled around the hilt of her twin blades and ready for more if the remaining wolves were stupid enough to continue this farce. Her face contorted with a fierce rage as she all but snarled.

"COME ON THEN!"

@T.O.M. @Ringmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing how things played out, Corrin released a huff and rubbed at the back her head, slowly shaking it in disbelief. She thought that her homeland had been the exception when it came to stuff like this, but... her free hand gripped into a fist and for a moment her eyes took a darker turn. A brief pang of furious anger that someone could have done something so awful on what was supposed to be a day of peace. It felt too familiar for her tastes, and it left her very much wanting to do something other than just sit here and let others run around and do all the work for themselves. she gave a nod as if to reaffirm the action in her own mind, and turned on her heel towards where the elder of the siblings were

Her anger had faded from her face by the time she reached her. Not out of any sort of mask, but simply because it was hard to keep her anger at the sight. She knew that look, the hunch of the soldiers, the blank eyes. She'd seen it on others, and she'd felt it herself. Part of her almost backed off from even bothering with her request for fear of making the other girl agree to something she wouldn't normally if her mind wasn't in shock, but with time likely of the essence... She cleared her throat and very gently put out a hand to touch Elsa's shoulder.

"Ex..excuse me your highness?"

Once she had her attention, she gave a deep bow and curtsy, keeping her head low as she spoke. "Forgive me for introducing myself at the most awful time I could choose, but I simply wanted you to know that you have my and my retinue's resources available for whatever you require during our stay here. Including one or two who would be very suited to..."

She froze up, unsure how to even word this to someone's who's parents had literally just died in front of them. She hadn't known what to say to Xander when Elise died, and when her mom, Azura had...

... well she definitely wasn't about to bust into song.

"...To...to helping with... t-this."

@Ringmaster @york @Indolent @the hall of murder​
"Perhaps I might be of service?"

Severus approached, one hand holding the cane and the other the lantern. Haraise would be placed on the table as Severus discarded his jacket and rolled up his sleeves. Examining the bodies, he frowned. And then glanced Lorie as she offered her help. Choosing her above all, he pointed and said calmly.

"You miss....If you could examine the food and drink, I can start working on the bodies."

In an undertone to Haraise, he said quietly.

"As for you, could you by any chance go a round about the crowd? If you can without the lantern of course. We need more information and its possible you might see something we will miss."

Finally, he turned to Lady Keladry with an apologetic look.

"Forgive me if it seemed I ignored you. But I was hoping you could assist me- The princesses. If the royal couple were attacked, its possible they might be next. Could you round up whoever is with them, to ensure you stay with them as a group? The more numbers watching, the better."

@Gummi Bunnies @york @The Tactician
The spirit didn't need to say anything to show that she would follow through with this. Even if Haraise was quite hesitant to let go of her lantern, she did see that it would be odd for a lantern to wander about on it's own here. If she did so, it would bring unneeded attention to herself... a perfect distraction for whoever she was trying to find, this red masked killer that wouldn't leave her thoughts.

The moment she let go of her lantern, this would be signified with a subtle dimming of the lantern's flames. It wasn't noticeable, but Haraise would notice that if she were take a few steps' distance away from the lantern, the flame will continue to dim, and that if she did the opposite... the flame would brighten up. It didn't take a simple-minded spirit to realize that she couldn't go too far away from her lantern, so she had to keep her search within this area. Thankfully, she wouldn't need to go so far anyways...

So then went on this spirit's search, looking for anything that would contribute with what they knew about this incident... and possibly more on her killer...

@Ringmaster @york @The Tactician
Lorie Fisher
@Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Others

Lorie nodded, hurrying over to the food and drinks... She inspected the drinks first, hovering her face rather close as she tried to discern if there were any unusual smells emanating mongst them; notably smells connected to any plants she was familiar with... At the same time, she was also trying to see if there was anything else that was off about the food and drinks around her, though not all poisons would leave visual cues of their presense, it was still a good thing to doublecheck.​

• Useful
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
Elsa on the other hand, wasn't crying. If anything as she turned to face Corrin, she seemed about to fall over at the slightest breeze. In a quiet tone rife with grief, she spoke as though far away from the horror that was happening.

"Thank you.....I have not the words to fully express myself....But thank you, Lady....?"
She wasn't needed here, she knew. The bodies made her want to gag and the thought of how they came to be in her current state even more so, and she welcomed the chance to escape the sight of them. With a final reassuring smile to the prince, she turned and began to walk away so as to search for the princesses.

It took a minute to push through the servants and soldiers rushing about, but finally, she spotted the two that she believed to be the young royalty. One of red hair and freckles, her face in her hands as she wept anew as the pixie from earlier floated about asking quesitons, while the other with platinum locks spoke to another woman that Keladry did not recognize though it seemed she was an official of some sort. It seemed neither of the duo was taking the matter well, and their fellow princess could not fault their tears given their loss.

With a steady step and a subdued air of amicability, she awaited the unknown woman to introduce herself before stepping forward and bowing slightly, "Pardon my intrusion, my ladies, but I am Lady Keladry of Cardomas. One of the men seeking to make sense of this tragedy bade me to come and keep close to you all for safety concern. Just as the madam before me, I am also able to offer my retinue's services in this time of need if you wish."

The sight was heart breakingly familiar enough for Corrin as it was, but hearing that voice accompany it almost had Corrin on the verge of secondhand tears herself. She'd never been a subtle person, and it took all she had not to swallow Elsa up into a hug right on the spot. Even she was aware of how abysmal a breach of decorum that would be, and more importantly how unwanted it could be from a stranger when reeling from a loss like this, so she forced herself to quietly but firmly clasping the other's hand with both of hers as she spoke firmly and quietly with eyes that were fierce despite those aformentioned tears prickling at the side of her eyes.

"I promise that this won't go unpunished. I know what you're feeling, and I won't be so stupid as to say we can fix something unfixable, but just... I-If you need someone to talk to or anything at all, I'm here for you"

About a second later it actually clicked she launched into that before even answering the question, to a stranger, who didn't have a clue who she was. She quickly released and took a step back and cleared her throat. "Uhh... that said, I'm Princess Corrin of Hoshido. ambassador for it and Nohr."

She stepped back to let Keladry speak, giving her a short nod of greeting before turning back to the princess to make sure she had nothing else to say before she went to find Kaze

@Ringmaster @The Tactician

If her hair were undone, it would bristle with rage like a cat at the insult. This man sought to spread terror among the people by arriving here, and now he mocked her as a knight. Well then, it seemed it was time to make this man swallow his pride and be humbled.

"Your armor, from head to toe. From the helm atop your head to the sabatons upon your feet, all of it will join my collection and you shall bend the knee to the church and repent in humiliation."

Her eyes glared up at the heretic, daring him to back away.

"This cat has fangs of her own, heretic, fangs that can slay a dragon just as well as the dragon's can slay the cat."

------
"We shall see."

He ignored Jack, deeming him of little consequence in the slightest in comparison to the knight before him. And after some thoughtful consideration, he finally spoke.

"Done. I accept your terms as you accept mine, in front of these witnesses here who will bear oath to what is to come. I will return at tomorrow's afternoon bell, upon the field where the tournament is to be held. And now little kitten, if you would heed my words? If Grishnu Bear-Brother is present, you would ask him to be our referee on our behalf. He is an honorable man and worthy of praise."

And turning his horse away, his helm'd gaze fixed on her own as he snarled.

"By afternoon bells! Hahahahahaha!"

And with scream of rage from his horse, the armored specter galloped off into the night and was gone.

The Sargent sagged in relief before approaching Dame Kel and Jack.

"Thank you. But you should know- The King and Queen of Arendelle is dead. But the current regent must be made aware of this. Will you please come with us, you two?"

And in the distance, what sounded briefly like thunder echoed and the Sargent's mouth gaped wide open.

"That sounds like cannon fire. MEN!"

The guards ran off and he turned pleadingly to the two.

"I could not ask for more, but if things are happening as they are, would you both please accompany them?"

@The Tactician @DapperDogman

-------

The closer the guards came to the woods, the louder the howling and sounds of battle echoed in the night.

The heroes fought blind, skill with blade and sound being their only advantage to the wolves own numbers and keener senses. How else could they have snuck up in the night to the two prior? At any rate, a wolf jaw would clamp over the lower calf of Kat, before getting dispatched with a yelp and another would have tackled the REAL Black Swordsman on his back. These were wolves, intelligent- Abnormally so with wolf instincts. People were individuals and attacked in force.

Wolves knew nothing of the sort, and the packs attacked as one.

The noise made though was enough to wake the dead and howling themselves, Vikings stormed into the clearing with torches, drawn to the combat as they made a greater din.

"WE'S GOT A FIGHT HERE! HELP EM OUT LADS! RAAAAARGH!!"

@C.T. @T.O.M.

------

"Please stay?"

That was from Anna, looking at Keladry and Corrin. Elsa said nothing more, but Anna moved regardless to embrace her sister, who seemed to crumble at the touch as Anna spoke.

"I-We don't want to be alone. Not like this."

Prince Han's looked mournfully at Keladry, before an aide whispered in his ear. Standing up, he apologized aloud.

"Forgive me. I will return, there is something that concerns my kingdom."

And off he strode, heading with his aide and was soon gone in the crowd.

Though not to the sight of the ghost.

There was fear and shock throughout the entire crowd and difficult to detect various emotions individually, but she did hear snippets of conversation.

"-A curse is on this family-"

"-Didn't the stars say as much?-"

"-They let barbarians into their country-"

"-It seems they reaped what they sowed-"

"-They must be strong, to survive what comes-"

"-Is it...Him? After all these years?-"

"-Angmar's shadow-"

"Enough."

Lord Bishop's voice cut through the murmuring and the rumors like the sword he wore on his belt, eyes flashing dangerously as though he too, had been hearing everything. With a stern expression his lip curled and he spoke.

"What has happened is the fault of only those who thought they could profit from the deaths of two, great rulers and their family. The sin is Greed and Avarice and is as old as the Hill's. If any man here believes otherwise, I will call them out right now and fight them. Such words do not help us now and they do not honor the fallen, nor bring honor to those who spread them. Now. Your highness?"

He turned to the table where the bodies were being treated. In a more respectful tone, he asked.

"Any news?"

Severus for his part was deep in his element, sleeves rolled up and wearing special, focusing spectacles to examine with the aid of tools he kept in a leather pouch at all times. Looking up, he pushed the glasses up to his forehead, revealing somber looking eyes.

"Well its poison, anyone can tell you that but the problem here is how quickly it acted. Certainly not from just one sip or two, could this effect be obtained. What's more curious to me in turn is the blood sample I took- But perhaps that could be discussed later."

He said hurriedly, forgetting his audience briefly as he winced at his lack of tact.

Lorie in her own studies would discover the faint scent in the rim of the goblet. A very special plant, known as the creeping killer due to its symbiotic relationship. It was a vine that grew over a particular push. Alone, its leaves were alright...Eaten with the bush leaves?

Death followed swiftly.

@york @Indolent @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician

The closer the guards came to the woods, the louder the howling and sounds of battle echoed in the night.

The heroes fought blind, skill with blade and sound being their only advantage to the wolves own numbers and keener senses. How else could they have snuck up in the night to the two prior? At any rate, a wolf jaw would clamp over the lower calf of Minerva, before getting dispatched with a yelp and another would have tackled the REAL Black Swordsman on his back. These were wolves, intelligent- Abnormally so with wolf instincts. People were individuals and attacked in force.

The noise made though was enough to wake the dead and howling themselves, Vikings stormed into the clearing with torches, drawn to the combat as they made a greater din.

@C.T. @T.O.M.
"GODDAMN CUNTS!"

She twisted her blade in the wolf who dared bite her, pulling it out with a savage grin. Despite the pain coursing through her leg, her blood itself was boiling at the pure thrilling excitement of a fight. Nothing could top that. Kicking the wolf who bit her aside, and barely sparing any attention to the Vikings charging onto the scene, she turned to address her leg wound.

The torch she had dropped to fight had gone out, predictably. However...she lowered her hand closer to where the fire had been, the air itself warming up the closer she got and slight singeing the hairs on the back of her hand. Perfect. Minerva scooped it up, roughly and swiftly applying the burning end to her bleeding wound. A rough cauterization to be sure but that and a makeshift tourniquet would have to do for now. Ripping off a piece of cloth, she took advantage of the Vikings evening the odds and secured the bite.

And then she was back on her feet. Like hell she was going to stay down in a fight from a wound like that.

@Ringmaster @T.O.M.

"We shall see."

He ignored Jack, deeming him of little consequence in the slightest in comparison to the knight before him. And after some thoughtful consideration, he finally spoke.

"Done. I accept your terms as you accept mine, in front of these witnesses here who will bear oath to what is to come. I will return at tomorrow's afternoon bell, upon the field where the tournament is to be held. And now little kitten, if you would heed my words? If Grishnu Bear-Brother is present, you would ask him to be our referee on our behalf. He is an honorable man and worthy of praise."

And turning his horse away, his helm'd gaze fixed on her own as he snarled.

"By afternoon bells! Hahahahahaha!"

And with scream of rage from his horse, the armored specter galloped off into the night and was gone.

The Sargent sagged in relief before approaching Dame Kel and Jack.

"Thank you. But you should know- The King and Queen of Arendelle is dead. But the current regent must be made aware of this. Will you please come with us, you two?"

And in the distance, what sounded briefly like thunder echoed and the Sargent's mouth gaped wide open.

"That sounds like cannon fire. MEN!"

The guards ran off and he turned pleadingly to the two.

"I could not ask for more, but if things are happening as they are, would you both please accompany them?"

@The Tactician @DapperDogman

-------

The heroes fought blind, skill with blade and sound being their only advantage to the wolves own numbers and keener senses. How else could they have snuck up in the night to the two prior? At any rate, a wolf jaw would clamp over the lower calf of Kat, before getting dispatched with a yelp and another would have tackled the REAL Black Swordsman on his back. These were wolves, intelligent- Abnormally so with wolf instincts. People were individuals and attacked in force.

@C.T. @T.O.M.

------

"Please stay?"

That was from Anna, looking at Keladry and Corrin. Elsa said nothing more, but Anna moved regardless to embrace her sister, who seemed to crumble at the touch as Anna spoke.

Prince Han's looked mournfully at Keladry, before an aide whispered in his ear. Standing up, he apologized aloud.

There was fear and shock throughout the entire crowd and difficult to detect various emotions individually, but she did hear snippets of conversation.

"-Angmar's shadow-"

"Enough."

Lord Bishop's voice cut through the murmuring and the rumors like the sword he wore on his belt, eyes flashing dangerously as though he too, had been hearing everything. With a stern expression his lip curled and he spoke.

"What has happened is the fault of only those who thought they could profit from the deaths of two, great rulers and their family. The sin is Greed and Avarice and is as old as the Hill's. If any man here believes otherwise, I will call them out right now and fight them. Such words do not help us now and they do not honor the fallen, nor bring honor to those who spread them. Now. Your highness?"

He turned to the table where the bodies were being treated. In a more respectful tone, he asked.

"Any news?"

Severus for his part was deep in his element, sleeves rolled up and wearing special, focusing spectacles to examine with the aid of tools he kept in a leather pouch at all times. Looking up, he pushed the glasses up to his forehead, revealing somber looking eyes.

"Well its poison, anyone can tell you that but the problem here is how quickly it acted. Certainly not from just one sip or two, could this effect be obtained. What's more curious to me in turn is the blood sample I took- But perhaps that could be discussed later."

He said hurriedly, forgetting his audience briefly as he winced at his lack of tact.

Lorie in her own studies would discover the faint scent in the rim of the goblet. A very special plant, known as the creeping killer due to its symbiotic relationship. It was a vine that grew over a particular push. Alone, its leaves were alright...Eaten with the bush leaves?

Death followed swiftly.

"I would be afraid that Grishnu would seek your head rather than seek officiate, but his choosing is right in my eyes either way."

As the Black Knight turned and rode off, Kel paid him no more mind as she sheathed her blade and looked to the Sargeant who seemed grateful for her intervention. "The King and Queen..." It wasn't coincidence that the knight would appear the same night the rightful rulers of this land would be struck down. "Right then, who would the regent-"

"Dammit..." They should have seen this possibly happening. Assassination attempts, two of which were successful, the Black Knight appears, and now the third incident, an attack aimed to capitalize upon the monarchs' deaths. Hearing the Sargeant's second request, she nodded as she drew her sword once again, "If we do this, then please inform Chief Bear-Brother, Prince Severus of Somnium, Lady Keladry of Cardomas, Inquisitor Logarius, along with the regent and princesses of this land of what has occurred here. Tell Bear-Brother that I require him to officiate the contest, and ask Logarius if he could bless a blade of a paladin for a coming battle."

"Now then, to battle!" With her business finished, Kel turned from the Sargeant and began to run after the guards he had sent ahead. It was time to put this night's terrors to the sword. As she entered into the clearing where the battle took place, a determined scowl crossed her lips as she roared her own battle cry after the Vikings finished theirs and joined the fray.

"For House Cardo and for Aslan, men! Fight on!"

@DapperDogman @C.T. @T.O.M. @Ringmaster

~~~~~

"Of course, Lady Anna and Lady Elsa," Keladry responded with a sympathetic yet mournful smile, her hands reaching out to the girls who would now be faced with the duties of leading a nation in turmoil. It wouldn't be right to simply leave them here without some sort of shoulder to lean on if they needed it, "Let us only hope that this turmoil ends soon... So that we may set right what has gone wrong."

@Indolent @Ringmaster

Guts hadn't come out of hiding to assist this woman out of the kindness of his heart. He had been following her for other reasons. Like finding the Apostles who Guts knew plagued this wretched land. His own searches with Puck had turned up nothing useful. So when he discovered that someone else was going on a hunt of their own, the Black Swordsman couldn't help but be the slightest bit curious. Perhaps this woman was getting in way over her head and working for an Apostle without even knowing it. Or it was all just a wild goose chase.

Either way it didn't matter. Something had to be done about it and Guts wasn't going to stand idly by any longer! As the wolf leaped onto his back and sunk it's fangs in, Guts winced as blood began to run down his armor and drip onto the ground. But that'd be the only reaction such a gesture would have earned from Guts. He went through far worse to let something as simple as a wolf's bite bring him to his knees. Which is why Guts reached back while keeping one hand ready at the hilt of his blade and fired three crossbow bolts into the wolf's head.

As soon as the wolf's corpse hit the floor, Guts was on the move once again. The odds weren't exactly seeming like they were brimming with confidence given that it was him and the woman against these creatures. But Guts had no reason to be afraid! In fact if one managed to score a look at his face, soaked in blood as it was, they'd see the sneer that the swordsman was wielding.

berserk%20guts%201440x900%20wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_37.jpg

Gripping both hands onto the sword's hilt once more, Guts swung it around him like a cyclone of destruction. Creating a ridiculously sized radius that no living thing could approach Guts without being mutilated on the spot. Even as cavalry seemed to come in for the rescue and as Guts's bite mark continued to bleed with Guts making little effort to tend to it, his grin never left his face as he continued his carnage.

Not. Even. Once.

@C..T @DapperDogman @The Tactician @Ringmaster

"Please stay?"

"-Angmar's shadow-"

"Enough."

"Any news?"

Lorie in her own studies would discover the faint scent in the rim of the goblet. A very special plant, known as the creeping killer due to its symbiotic relationship. It was a vine that grew over a particular bush. Alone, its leaves were alright...Eaten with the bush leaves?

Death followed swiftly.

Lorie Fisher
@Indolent @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Tactician

Lorie's eyes widened... This sort of plant was not uncommon, but she recalled these bushes had a tendency to grow closer to her little shack in the woods... Her old mentor had mentioned it was easier to guard them from any unwarranted guests this way, leaves like this, in the wrong hands... Could have some dire consequences indeed. Though, what seemed a little off was that the creeping killer's scent was only on the rim of the goblet she had inspected, which meant the bush leaves it grew on must have been consumed from somewhere else... And suddenly, it hit her; the food! She quickly scoured the food, looking for any plant leaves, or even smells that would indicate such... Even trace amounts would be enough to confirm her suspicions; when the royal couple had dined, either here, or somewhere else, they must have consumed the very bush leaves that would have sealed their fate, when they had drunk from their goblets...

"Please stay?"

"-Angmar's shadow-"

"Enough."

"Any news?"

He said hurriedly, forgetting his audience briefly as he winced at his lack of tact.​
Corrin froze at Anna's plea. Her own lips trembled slightly at the sight of the two sisters mourning the two bodies being taken away, and she rubbed her neck more to keep her arms from joining in on that hug because no she wasn't allowed to do that. She cleared her throat and bowed again. "As you say, princess Anna. I'll be with you and your sister as long as you wish. I'll just... be with you from over there for a minute!" she said with an awkward attempt at an assuring smile before she sidled off the steps and meandered over to one of the ballroom's windows. She leaned on the sill and took a breath of the night air to calm her nerves. Her eyes closed as she did her best to relax. Now that she was pretty sure they weren't in immediate danger at the ballroom itself, the tenseness in her shoulders wouldn't serve anything except making everyone else more nervous. She just enjoyed the silence for almost a minute before she finally muttered into the night air.

"Kaze."

"Yes lady Corrin"

All that work into untensing her shoulders vanished in about .2 seconds as they squeezed together and a shiver went down her spine. She was an accomplished warrior and then some, but something about tonight had her nerves on end and it apparently meant Kaze's already prodigious stealth skills had him invisible even to her, with the words from just a few feet next to her were the first sign she'd even noticed about the ninja. "..." she released her surprised intake of breath with a huff and looked up at the night sky. "...Do you know what happened in here?"

"Yes. Lord Bishop seems like a kind and strong man, but I can't really say he that he's a quiet one. Are you alright?"

She waved him off-

"Lady Corrin, people are going to wonder what you're waving at"

"Oh right. but yea, I'm fine. But I feel awful for the princesses. They both seem so sweet and their parents seemed like a wonderful king and queen and just..." She sighed. "We're not just going to sit here and do nothing."

Kaze nodded. "I assumed you would say as much. You do know that its not really within your power to take much action in these borders though, yes?"

Corrin scoffed "If-"

"-Please lady corrin, let me finish. I'm not saying we do nothing, but just remember that someone did this with the intention of creating dissent at the very least. If you take too strong a hand here, people might be suspicious. And if people are suspicious of you..."

"...Then they'll be suspicious of Hoshido and Nohr." She finished morosely. She caught her chin in her hand as she huffed and stared ahead with a blank look. Guard patrols could be seen searching the grounds, and the night air was far from quiet.

"...I'll keep that in mind. But we still can't just sit here and do nothing. Try and investigate, but just be... y'know... ninja about it."

She caught the faint chuckle out of Kaze's lips as he shook her head outside her vision. "Of course, lady Corrin. I'll report to you if I find anything."

"Thanks Kaze" she said with a small smile, before she turned away from the window and started back towards the group, looking much more relaxed than she had when she left.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @york @Indolent

"-Angmar's shadow-"

"Enough."​
Haraise wasn't used to being in such a large crowd before. All sorts of emotions scrambled around... such a thing would have her lantern's flame go about. Thankfully Haraise was not too far or close to her lantern, the flame not so noticeable for people that would notice a thing there.

Curse... him... Angmar's... shadow...

The spirit repeated those words in her head, and for some reason, the last part... seemed familiar. Yet, she couldn't be too sure, but it simply was familiar to hear...

@Ringmaster

Anna burst into renewed tears.

"I don't know! I wasn't expecting any of this at all!"

"Neither did freekin' I!!! It's scary, surprising, overwhelming, and more than that, I can understand! Have no worries, we'll get right on it. Me and whoever else. If they'll have me. They'll definitely have me. The point is, rest assured, the one responsible for it shall be ferreted out like a black-footed ferret does his thing, and all shall be right. You have my promise as a fae."

"Those don't amount to anything, ignore that, forget it! Promise as a friend! Yes, better!"

Then came the princesses plea to not be left alone and... well? Oracoah Cinol could not say no, "You've got it. I'll stick around. If you need anything, just ask, request, beseech. If you need help sleeping, I'm the faery you ask!" And so did the little fae stick tightly by the two, zipping here and there and about in their immediate presence as if she was a fervent guard on duty with a zealous air about her.

@Ringmaster

"GODDAMN CUNTS!"

She twisted her blade in the wolf who dared bite her, pulling it out with a savage grin. Despite the pain coursing through her leg, her blood itself was boiling at the pure thrilling excitement of a fight. Nothing could top that. Kicking the wolf who bit her aside, and barely sparing any attention to the Vikings charging onto the scene, she turned to address her leg wound.

The torch she had dropped to fight had gone out, predictably. However...she lowered her hand closer to where the fire had been, the air itself warming up the closer she got and slight singeing the hairs on the back of her hand. Perfect. Minerva scooped it up, roughly and swiftly applying the burning end to her bleeding wound. A rough cauterization to be sure but that and a makeshift tourniquet would have to do for now. Ripping off a piece of cloth, she took advantage of the Vikings evening the odds and secured the bite.

And then she was back on her feet. Like hell she was going to stay down in a fight from a wound like that.
"I would be afraid that Grishnu would seek your head rather than seek officiate, but his choosing is right in my eyes either way."

As the Black Knight turned and rode off, Kel paid him no more mind as she sheathed her blade and looked to the Sargeant who seemed grateful for her intervention. "The King and Queen..." It wasn't coincidence that the knight would appear the same night the rightful rulers of this land would be struck down. "Right then, who would the regent-"

"Dammit..." They should have seen this possibly happening. Assassination attempts, two of which were successful, the Black Knight appears, and now the third incident, an attack aimed to capitalize upon the monarchs' deaths. Hearing the Sargeant's second request, she nodded as she drew her sword once again, "If we do this, then please inform Chief Bear-Brother, Prince Severus of Somnium, Lady Keladry of Cardomas, Inquisitor Logarius, along with the regent and princesses of this land of what has occurred here. Tell Bear-Brother that I require him to officiate the contest, and ask Logarius if he could bless a blade of a paladin for a coming battle."

"Now then, to battle!" With her business finished, Kel turned from the Sargeant and began to run after the guards he had sent ahead. It was time to put this night's terrors to the sword. As she entered into the clearing where the battle took place, a determined scowl crossed her lips as she roared her own battle cry after the Vikings finished theirs and joined the fray.

"For House Cardo and for Aslan, men! Fight on!"
Guts hadn't come out of hiding to assist this woman out of the kindness of his heart. He had been following her for other reasons. Like finding the Apostles who Guts knew plagued this wretched land. His own searches with Puck had turned up nothing useful. So when he discovered that someone else was going on a hunt of their own, the Black Swordsman couldn't help but be the slightest bit curious. Perhaps this woman was getting in way over her head and working for an Apostle without even knowing it. Or it was all just a wild goose chase.

Either way it didn't matter. Something had to be done about it and Guts wasn't going to stand idly by any longer! As the wolf leaped onto his back and sunk it's fangs in, Guts winced as blood began to run down his armor and drip onto the ground. But that'd be the only reaction such a gesture would have earned from Guts. He went through far worse to let something as simple as a wolf's bite bring him to his knees. Which is why Guts reached back while keeping one hand ready at the hilt of his blade and fired three crossbow bolts into the wolf's head.

As soon as the wolf's corpse hit the floor, Guts was on the move once again. The odds weren't exactly seeming like they were brimming with confidence given that it was him and the woman against these creatures. But Guts had no reason to be afraid! In fact if one managed to score a look at his face, soaked in blood as it was, they'd see the sneer that the swordsman was wielding.

berserk%20guts%201440x900%20wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_37.jpg

Gripping both hands onto the sword's hilt once more, Guts swung it around him like a cyclone of destruction. Creating a ridiculously sized radius that no living thing could approach Guts without being mutilated on the spot. Even as cavalry seemed to come in for the rescue and as Guts's bite mark continued to bleed with Guts making little effort to tend to it, his grin never left his face as he continued his carnage.

Not. Even. Once.
The arrival of reinforcements soon ended the fight and a resounding cheer from the combined forces filled the air. Near the intrepid four, one of the guards would be inspecting the wolf bodies before speaking.

"These are the Witch-bred wolves of Arendelle. Like unto Wargs, but with a more intelligent ancestry. They roam further north though, from the mountains. They don't belong here."

"And here is a token of their allegiance!"

Grishnu rumbled as he reached out a hand to rip off a leather-cord necklace around a wolf neck, like a collar. One with a tooth threaded through it as the old viking rumbled.

"Tis a stags tooth. Strange token."

He frowned and then pointed towards Guts and Kat.

"Treat them for wounds. I must consult with my people. Dame Kel? Whatever these two might have seen? The King and Queen of Arendelle must know. Lest I fear we see more dangerous beasts then mere wolves on the road."

And with his people, the vikings headed back to their camp, with Grishnu still holding the stag-tooth collar.

------------
"Of course, Lady Anna and Lady Elsa," Keladry responded with a sympathetic yet mournful smile, her hands reaching out to the girls who would now be faced with the duties of leading a nation in turmoil. It wouldn't be right to simply leave them here without some sort of shoulder to lean on if they needed it, "Let us only hope that this turmoil ends soon... So that we may set right what has gone wrong."
Corrin froze at Anna's plea. Her own lips trembled slightly at the sight of the two sisters mourning the two bodies being taken away, and she rubbed her neck more to keep her arms from joining in on that hug because no she wasn't allowed to do that. She cleared her throat and bowed again. "As you say, princess Anna. I'll be with you and your sister as long as you wish. I'll just... be with you from over there for a minute!" she said with an awkward attempt at an assuring smile before she sidled off the steps and meandered over to one of the ballroom's windows. She leaned on the sill and took a breath of the night air to calm her nerves. Her eyes closed as she did her best to relax. Now that she was pretty sure they weren't in immediate danger at the ballroom itself, the tenseness in her shoulders wouldn't serve anything except making everyone else more nervous. She just enjoyed the silence for almost a minute before she finally muttered into the night air.

"Kaze."

"Yes lady Corrin"

All that work into untensing her shoulders vanished in about .2 seconds as they squeezed together and a shiver went down her spine. She was an accomplished warrior and then some, but something about tonight had her nerves on end and it apparently meant Kaze's already prodigious stealth skills had him invisible even to her, with the words from just a few feet next to her were the first sign she'd even noticed about the ninja. "..." she released her surprised intake of breath with a huff and looked up at the night sky. "...Do you know what happened in here?"

"Yes. Lord Bishop seems like a kind and strong man, but I can't really say he that he's a quiet one. Are you alright?"

She waved him off-

"Lady Corrin, people are going to wonder what you're waving at"

"Oh right. but yea, I'm fine. But I feel awful for the princesses. They both seem so sweet and their parents seemed like a wonderful king and queen and just..." She sighed. "We're not just going to sit here and do nothing."

Kaze nodded. "I assumed you would say as much. You do know that its not really within your power to take much action in these borders though, yes?"

Corrin scoffed "If-"

"-Please lady corrin, let me finish. I'm not saying we do nothing, but just remember that someone did this with the intention of creating dissent at the very least. If you take too strong a hand here, people might be suspicious. And if people are suspicious of you..."

"...Then they'll be suspicious of Hoshido and Nohr." She finished morosely. She caught her chin in her hand as she huffed and stared ahead with a blank look. Guard patrols could be seen searching the grounds, and the night air was far from quiet.

"...I'll keep that in mind. But we still can't just sit here and do nothing. Try and investigate, but just be... y'know... ninja about it."

She caught the faint chuckle out of Kaze's lips as he shook her head outside her vision. "Of course, lady Corrin. I'll report to you if I find anything."

"Thanks Kaze" she said with a small smile, before she turned away from the window and started back towards the group, looking much more relaxed than she had when she left.
"Neither did freekin' I!!! It's scary, surprising, overwhelming, and more than that, I can understand! Have no worries, we'll get right on it. Me and whoever else. If they'll have me. They'll definitely have me. The point is, rest assured, the one responsible for it shall be ferreted out like a black-footed ferret does his thing, and all shall be right. You have my promise as a fae."

"Those don't amount to anything, ignore that, forget it! Promise as a friend! Yes, better!"

Then came the princesses plea to not be left alone and... well? Oracoah Cinol could not say no, "You've got it. I'll stick around. If you need anything, just ask, request, beseech. If you need help sleeping, I'm the faery you ask!" And so did the little fae stick tightly by the two, zipping here and there and about in their immediate presence as if she was a fervent guard on duty with a zealous air about her.
"Arendelle must have a ruler."

That was Elsa's voice, as she slowly pushed away her sister, who looked at her in confusion. With a deep breath, Elsa turned to the group and spoke calmly, though her eyes were red.

"With the absence of our king and queen, it falls to me next in line to guide Arendelle. The festivities will remain, but in honor of our fallen rulers. Our friends will not be removed so quickly and our smiling enemies will know there is strength in our hearts yet."

A guard then came in and whispered in her ear. Elsa stiffened and frowned.

"I...We will convene in the morning."

Anna could only watch helplessly as her sister moved away. Rising up and taking a deep breath, she turned to those who had approached her.

"Please. There is a library on the second floor with a red door. Meet me there, though understand that you are under no obligation and I will not force you into anything you may not wish."

To a guard, she spoke.

"If there is any news, please direct it to me."

And off she went, to head to others.

------
Lorie's eyes widened... This sort of plant was not uncommon, but she recalled these bushes had a tendency to grow closer to her little shack in the woods... Her old mentor had mentioned it was easier to guard them from any unwarranted guests this way, leaves like this, in the wrong hands... Could have some dire consequences indeed. Though, what seemed a little off was that the creeping killer's scent was only on the rim of the goblet she had inspected, which meant the bush leaves it grew on must have been consumed from somewhere else... And suddenly, it hit her; the food! She quickly scoured the food, looking for any plant leaves, or even smells that would indicate such... Even trace amounts would be enough to confirm her suspicions; when the royal couple had dined, either here, or somewhere else, they must have consumed the very bush leaves that would have sealed their fate, when they had drunk from their goblets...
Haraise wasn't used to being in such a large crowd before. All sorts of emotions scrambled around... such a thing would have her lantern's flame go about. Thankfully Haraise was not too far or close to her lantern, the flame not so noticeable for people that would notice a thing there.

Curse... him... Angmar's... shadow...

The spirit repeated those words in her head, and for some reason, the last part... seemed familiar. Yet, she couldn't be too sure, but it simply was familiar to hear...
The food was well mixed, any scents was lost in the mixture of herbs. But it seemed Severus had the same idea, though he would be quietly seen with a syringe, extracting blood before placing it in his coat. Realizing Lorie noticed, he put his fingers to his lips as he gestured her to be quiet about it. Around that point, Anna came and seeing Severus, whispered something before she moved on.

Severus turned to Lorie.

"We've been enlisted it seems against the enemies of Arendelle. Will you come with me further, Magister?"

He grabbed the lantern at the same time, before speaking quietly to Haraise.

"It seems we will find out more. If you have no objection, perhaps you may share what you discovered?"

------

One by one, each was led by varying threads of fate to this time and place. Each one a figure unknown in some respect to the other, until now.

From the Black Swordsman to the fairy Ora, to the animated guardian Spring-Heeled Jack, to the Princess Corrin of two nations to the Scientist-Royal, Severus.

This was their Rivendell, strangers of distant lands and varying values. Each one here to contribute what they knew.

With Anna presiding as she spoke.

"My name is Princess Anna. Tonight, an enemy has attacked my home and struck at our very heart. And while some may have no reason to care, I will say this. They were good people, who ruled with their kingdoms happiness in mind. Tonight, we have seen someone try to destroy that."

Her eyes seemed harder as she spoke.

"Which I will not allow."

"Hear-hear!"

Prince Han's applauded briefly, before falling silent as Anna continued.

"There were three assassination attempts tonight, which curiously are not the strangest. The Black Knight appears, a battle breaks out in our woods and here we come because of it. All of you had acted directly in some way, in these events or have helped us when you had no reason, other then that it was right. I hope someday to call you personal friends and to hear you call me such too. But tonight, I need your help. You are the ones I trust above all, for the reasons I have mentioned. If you wish to leave though....The door is open and I for one, will no less of you for it. These people have already proved themselves willing to kill to preserve their secrets and some have died already."

She waited briefly, almost expecting someone to take her up on her offer.

@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

The arrival of reinforcements soon ended the fight and a resounding cheer from the combined forces filled the air. Near the intrepid four, one of the guards would be inspecting the wolf bodies before speaking.

"These are the Witch-bred wolves of Arendelle. Like unto Wargs, but with a more intelligent ancestry. They roam further north though, from the mountains. They don't belong here."

Grishnu rumbled as he reached out a hand to rip off a leather-cord necklace around a wolf neck, like a collar. One with a tooth threaded through it as the old viking rumbled.

"Treat them for wounds. I must consult with my people. Dame Kel? Whatever these two might have seen? The King and Queen of Arendelle must know. Lest I fear we see more dangerous beasts then mere wolves on the road."

And with his people, the vikings headed back to their camp, with Grishnu still holding the stag-tooth collar.

------------

That was Elsa's voice, as she slowly pushed away her sister, who looked at her in confusion. With a deep breath, Elsa turned to the group and spoke calmly, though her eyes were red.

"With the absence of our king and queen, it falls to me next in line to guide Arendelle. The festivities will remain, but in honor of our fallen rulers. Our friends will not be removed so quickly and our smiling enemies will know there is strength in our hearts yet."

Anna could only watch helplessly as her sister moved away. Rising up and taking a deep breath, she turned to those who had approached her.

"Please. There is a library on the second floor with a red door. Meet me there, though understand that you are under no obligation and I will not force you into anything you may not wish."

To a guard, she spoke.

------

The food was well mixed, any scents was lost in the mixture of herbs. But it seemed Severus had the same idea, though he would be quietly seen with a syringe, extracting blood before placing it in his coat. Realizing Lorie noticed, he put his fingers to his lips as he gestured her to be quiet about it. Around that point, Anna came and seeing Severus, whispered something before she moved on.

Severus turned to Lorie.

"We've been enlisted it seems against the enemies of Arendelle. Will you come with me further, Magister?"

"It seems we will find out more. If you have no objection, perhaps you may share what you discovered?"

------

One by one, each was led by varying threads of fate to this time and place. Each one a figure unknown in some respect to the other, until now.

From the Black Swordsman to the fairy Ora, to the animated guardian Spring-Heeled Jack, to the Princess Corrin of two nations to the Scientist-Royal, Severus.

This was their Rivendell, strangers of distant lands and varying values. Each one here to contribute what they knew.

"My name is Princess Anna. Tonight, an enemy has attacked my home and struck at our very heart. And while some may have no reason to care, I will say this. They were good people, who ruled with their kingdoms happiness in mind. Tonight, we have seen someone try to destroy that."

"Hear-hear!"

"There were three assassination attempts tonight, which curiously are not the strangest. The Black Knight appears, a battle breaks out in our woods and here we come because of it. All of you had acted directly in some way, in these events or have helped us when you had no reason, other then that it was right. I hope someday to call you personal friends and to hear you call me such too. But tonight, I need your help. You are the ones I trust above all, for the reasons I have mentioned. If you wish to leave though....The door is open and I for one, will no less of you for it. These people have already proved themselves willing to kill to preserve their secrets and some have died already."

@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies
"Wait, Chief Grishnu! Such a thing... Such a thing as telling them is impossible given the tragic events of tonight," The knight knew it would be better if another such as the Sergeant or one of the other servants of Arendelle told the Chieftain the truth. However, they could not waste time with part of their number in the unknown, and Kel had several details to explain and a favor to ask of the great man before her, "The King and Queen were apparently assassinated, and I personally witnessed and prevented an attempt on the life of Prince Severus of Somnium... And the Black Knight appeared as well. Long enough to terrify several of the townspeople and for I to issue him a challenge for a duel tomorrow..."

"And if you can make time, great Bear Chief, I wish for you to officiate," She bowed her head in respect, humble before the Viking as she made her request, "I understand if you do not given the tragic events of this day that I was not aware of when I issued the challenge, but... It would be a great honor to have you watch over the competition. Please, have an answer soon as I must return to my charge to ensure her safety."

With that, the paladin of Cardomas turned and walked away, to head to the castle where she believed Keladry would be in safe company.

~~~~~~~~

Keladry bowed as Elsa took charge of the scenario, secretly joyful that the young woman would not step away from the mantle of command in this time of crisis, "Of course, Lady Elsa. We of Cardomas will stay as well, both to honor the fallen and to help you in dealing with whoever sought to harmed you." As Anna made her future plans clear, the young lady thought of a response but was unable to speak before the freckled redhead had walked off to speak to all gathered together.

It seemed Arendelle's future would have a good possibility of prestige and prosperity if these two young sisters were to rule it, both natural in their leadership of the people.

"As I told your sister, Lady Anna, Cardomas stands with you," She called out from the crowd, not worried about others recognizing her as though who mattered would undoubtedly be able to remember her voice and recognize her as the royalty that she was.

"Not as though I can walk away either," Keladry's ears perked up as she heard the voice of her friend and defender from behind her and she turned to see the knight who seemed tired from whatever had occurred earlier yet still stood tall. She smiled proudly as Dame Kel took a place at her side, bowing a head to Anna, "My Lady offers the strength of House Cardo, and I am a part of that strength. Add onto that the fact that I have challenged he who we call the Black Knight-"

"Wait, you did what?"

Kel shot her charge an apologetic grin as she continued on, ignoring the pats that were mostly disapproving smacks on her armor, "To a duel in the morning, and I have my reasons to stay here and face the aftermath of this tragedy. Besides, it is not the act of a paladin and of a knight such as I to allow others to combat evil without my aid."

@C.T. @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

an_angry_guts_for_berserk_by_g_unit69-d8t2ln9.png

"...It's over."

Blood dripped down the side of DragonSlayer and off Guts's back where he'd been bitten by one of these horrid creatures. But it seemed like the battle had finally come to an end. The wolves were slain but Guts still wasn't any closer to finding what he had come out in search of. Which meant that he wouldn't be joining in the celebration reveling. That kind of action was beneath him when he had more important matters to focus on. Raising his sword high into the air, Guts gave it a casual swing to the side to knock some of the blood off it. Once that was done, he'd sheath the sword on his back once more and turned towards the trees.

"Puck. It's safe for you to come out now."

At that moment if one looked closely, they could have seen a small humanoid like creature fluttering out from the foilage. Landing on Guts's shoulder, the elf winced at the emotions he was picking up from Guts. They weren't exactly the happiest thoughts. But he supposed that was something he came to expect from the Black Swordsman.

"Well, I can tell you're not in a great mood. But I can't tell if it's because you were hurt or because our trail went cold. Mind letting me in on which one?" Puck asked testily as he folded his arms and Guts growled.

"Both. Now, why don't you make yourself useful, Puck?"

4adda99584671d7f8a95f096c995de3c.jpg

As the Vikings headed towards him with the intentions of tending to the wounds he had gained, Guts shot a glare their way. All the while keeping one hand near Dragonslayer's hilt.

"We may have fought together but that doesn't make us comrades in arms. Keep the aid for someone who actually needs it. I'll manage just fine." In truth, the bite from the wolf was costing Guts a bit of blood as it continued to run down the back of his armor. But he wasn't about to accept help from common strangers. He hadn't gotten mixed up in all this to help anyone. He had been trying to find the Apostles and that was that. No heroic shenanigans or anything of the sort. Puck however saw it differently and gave an annoyed huff at Gut's curt rebuttal to the Vikings.

"Guts, you're not gonna make any friends if you keep that up! The least you could have done is let them patch up your-" Puck froze as Guts turned his glare upon him next.

"You know as well as I do that these aren't my friends. They have their own business as I have mine. They tend to their wounds, I tend to mine. Don't forget why we're out here Puck. it's not for fun and games! Now, use your dust so we can keep moving."

Having been thoroughly put off by Guts's attitude for the moment, Puck merely grumbled to himself as he floated down towards Guts's back wound. Reaching towards his wings, Puck pulled his hands back and saw that they were now covered in Elf Dust. Guts could take a monstrous amount of damage despite being only human. But the dust which naturally appeared on Puck's wings would have helped the healing along/soothed whatever pain Guts may have had. Rubbing the dust on, Guts briefly winced but otherwise stayed still until Puck was done.

Once it was so, Guts nodded. Taking a seat atop Guts's shoulder once more, the duo began to make their way off. Perhaps they'd get what they sought at this meeting.

"Hear-hear!"

Guts had decided to attend this meeting, not because he particularly cared about the royalty of this land. Titles like that meant very little to the swordsman. He had his own problems to deal with and most of them didn't involve sticking his neck out for anybody who got in his way. He wasn't a hero, no matter how much Puck may have wanted him to be. Which is why Guts may have stood out among those gathered. Standing like a statue with his arms folded across his chest and the tiniest elf sitting atop his shoulder. Puck was feeling a bit under the weather due to the negative emotions that Anna's speech had given off but both he and Guts kept quiet until she was finished. The swordsman could at least give her that courtesy.

Upon her finishing however, Guts spoke his mind.

guts4.gif

"I didn't get mixed up in that woods battle because it was 'right.' I'd been doing searching of my own and believed what I was looking for went down the same path as the woman's. Turns out that all we ended up getting were nothing but wolves in our path. I slaughtered them and I would have gone on my way. But I came here because I believed I'd hear something useful." Guts paused as his annoyance was starting to get the better of him yet again. "It's unfortunate that you almost met your end, three times at that. But I've got my own devils to deal with and unless they're mixed up in this, your problems are your own. But the Black Swordsman and my companion will be staying out of it."

"Guts..."

"Not now, Puck. Not this time."

"But what if they know about the Apostles!"

Realizing that he had let his mouth move faster than his thoughts, Puck quickly shut his mouth as Guts's face scrunched up in anger. Before relaxing as he looked once more at Anna.

"...Then I'll reconsider lending my aid. But I can't afford to waste my time pursuing an avenue that has nothing to do with me, royalty or not."

@C.T. @Ringmaster @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

"...It's over."

Blood dripped down the side of DragonSlayer and off Guts's back where he'd been bitten by one of these horrid creatures. But it seemed like the battle had finally come to an end. The wolves were slain but Guts still wasn't any closer to finding what he had come out in search of. Which meant that he wouldn't be joining in the celebration reveling. That kind of action was beneath him when he had more important matters to focus on. Raising his sword high into the air, Guts gave it a casual swing to the side to knock some of the blood off it. Once that was done, he'd sheath the sword on his back once more and turned towards the trees.

At that moment if one looked closely, they could have seen a small humanoid like creature fluttering out from the foilage. Landing on Guts's shoulder, the elf winced at the emotions he was picking up from Guts. They weren't exactly the happiest thoughts. But he supposed that was something he came to expect from the Black Swordsman.

"Well, I can tell you're not in a great mood. But I can't tell if it's because you were hurt or because our trail went cold. Mind letting me in on which one?" Puck asked testily as he folded his arms and Guts growled.

As the Vikings headed towards him with the intentions of tending to the wounds he had gained, Guts shot a glare their way. All the while keeping one hand near Dragonslayer's hilt.

"We may have fought together but that doesn't make us comrades in arms. Keep the aid for someone who actually needs it. I'll manage just fine." In truth, the bite from the wolf was costing Guts a bit of blood as it continued to run down the back of his armor. But he wasn't about to accept help from common strangers. He hadn't gotten mixed up in all this to help anyone. He had been trying to find the Apostles and that was that. No heroic shenanigans or anything of the sort. Puck however saw it differently and gave an annoyed huff at Gut's curt rebuttal to the Vikings.

"Guts, you're not gonna make any friends if you keep that up! The least you could have done is let them patch up your-" Puck froze as Guts turned his glare upon him next.

"You know as well as I do that these aren't my friends. They have their own business as I have mine. They tend to their wounds, I tend to mine. Don't forget why we're out here Puck. it's not for fun and games! Now, use your dust so we can keep moving."

Having been thoroughly put off by Guts's attitude for the moment, Puck merely grumbled to himself as he floated down towards Guts's back wound. Reaching towards his wings, Puck pulled his hands back and saw that they were now covered in Elf Dust. Guts could take a monstrous amount of damage despite being only human. But the dust which naturally appeared on Puck's wings would have helped the healing along/soothed whatever pain Guts may have had. Rubbing the dust on, Guts briefly winced but otherwise stayed still until Puck was done.

Once it was so, Guts nodded. Taking a seat atop Guts's shoulder once more, the duo began to make their way off. Perhaps they'd get what they sought at this meeting.

Guts had decided to attend this meeting, not because he particularly cared about the royalty of this land. Titles like that meant very little to the swordsman. He had his own problems to deal with and most of them didn't involve sticking his neck out for anybody who got in his way. He wasn't a hero, no matter how much Puck may have wanted him to be. Which is why Guts may have stood out among those gathered. Standing like a statue with his arms folded across his chest and the tiniest elf sitting atop his shoulder. Puck was feeling a bit under the weather due to the negative emotions that Anna's speech had given off but both he and Guts kept quiet until she was finished. The swordsman could at least give her that courtesy.

guts4.gif

"I didn't get mixed up in that woods battle because it was 'right.' I'd been doing searching of my own and believed what I was looking for went down the same path as the woman's. Turns out that all we ended up getting were nothing but wolves in our path. I slaughtered them and I would have gone on my way. But I came here because I believed I'd hear something useful." Guts paused as his annoyance was starting to get the better of him yet again. "It's unfortunate that you almost met your end, three times at that. But I've got my own devils to deal with and unless they're mixed up in this, your problems are your own. But the Black Swordsman and my companion will be staying out of it."

"Guts..."

Realizing that he had let his mouth move faster than his thoughts, Puck quickly shut his mouth as Guts's face scrunched up in anger. Before relaxing as he looked once more at Anna.

"...Then I'll reconsider lending my aid. But I can't afford to waste my time pursuing an avenue that has nothing to do with me, royalty or not."

@C.T. @Ringmaster @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

"Lady Anna has already stated that you may leave if you wish, Sir Guts. No need to explain yourself to her," Not Anna, but Keladry spoke up to the giant of a man once he finished. She beamed up at the man with a smile, not wishing to anger him as it would do no one any good by starting an argument, "You have your quest, correct? These Apostles your little fairy friend speaks of? If that is what you believe is most important at the moment, then we shall not judge you for leaving. We do have our own warriors to aid us, so it is not as though we must or would force you to stay."

"However, do allow me to be the first to thank you for helping slay the wolves, even if it was only by accident," She bowed in a polite show of respect for the man before turning away from him, content for that to be their goodbye. Next to her, Kel as well nodded towards the warrior in respect, "Good fortune on your quest, Sir Guts. May no evil best you in your travels."

@T.O.M. @C.T. @Ringmaster @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

"I don't need help. I am not some tavern wench begging."

"Apostles?" She demanded. "Explain. Now."

Severus turned to Lorie.

Lorie Fisher
@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

Lorie frowned, there was too many scents to tell for certain, but it felt like this mixture of scents was no accident; someone might have tried to mask the smell of those bush leaves with various herbs, but who? Most likely the one who had poisoned the King and Queen in the first place, or maybe an accomplice, but she still wasn't quite certain who or what could have done it, yet. It looked like Severus was on the right track as well, though she realized the importance of keeping the fact that he had drawn blood under wraps; it might draw unwanted attention... Either from those with malicious intent around them, or simply those who may not take kindly to that sort of action. Though, it was apparant that their little investigation would have to be cut short, as they were enlisted in the competition; it looks like Lorie would have to leave her thoughts on this for later, she had to keep a clear mind in order to give it her best performance.

"... I will." Lorie said, in response to Severus's request.

Her voice was a little smaller than usual, which was mostly a result of her being very deep in thought... While she was trying to keep her mind off of this case for the time being, she couldn't help but consider who in the crowds here might have been the one to poison the royal family.

------------

To a guard, she spoke.

------

Severus turned to Lorie.

------

"Hear-hear!"

"Wait, Chief Grishnu! Such a thing... Such a thing as telling them is impossible given the tragic events of tonight," The knight knew it would be better if another such as the Sergeant or one of the other servants of Arendelle told the Chieftain the truth. However, they could not waste time with part of their number in the unknown, and Kel had several details to explain and a favor to ask of the great man before her, "The King and Queen were apparently assassinated, and I personally witnessed and prevented an attempt on the life of Prince Severus of Somnium... And the Black Knight appeared as well. Long enough to terrify several of the townspeople and for I to issue him a challenge for a duel tomorrow..."

"And if you can make time, great Bear Chief, I wish for you to officiate," She bowed her head in respect, humble before the Viking as she made her request, "I understand if you do not given the tragic events of this day that I was not aware of when I issued the challenge, but... It would be a great honor to have you watch over the competition. Please, have an answer soon as I must return to my charge to ensure her safety."

With that, the paladin of Cardomas turned and walked away, to head to the castle where she believed Keladry would be in safe company.

~~~~~~~~

Keladry bowed as Elsa took charge of the scenario, secretly joyful that the young woman would not step away from the mantle of command in this time of crisis, "Of course, Lady Elsa. We of Cardomas will stay as well, both to honor the fallen and to help you in dealing with whoever sought to harmed you." As Anna made her future plans clear, the young lady thought of a response but was unable to speak before the freckled redhead had walked off to speak to all gathered together.

It seemed Arendelle's future would have a good possibility of prestige and prosperity if these two young sisters were to rule it, both natural in their leadership of the people.

"As I told your sister, Lady Anna, Cardomas stands with you," She called out from the crowd, not worried about others recognizing her as though who mattered would undoubtedly be able to remember her voice and recognize her as the royalty that she was.

"Not as though I can walk away either," Keladry's ears perked up as she heard the voice of her friend and defender from behind her and she turned to see the knight who seemed tired from whatever had occurred earlier yet still stood tall. She smiled proudly as Dame Kel took a place at her side, bowing a head to Anna, "My Lady offers the strength of House Cardo, and I am a part of that strength. Add onto that the fact that I have challenged he who we call the Black Knight-"

"Wait, you did what?"

Kel shot her charge an apologetic grin as she continued on, ignoring the pats that were mostly disapproving smacks on her armor, "To a duel in the morning, and I have my reasons to stay here and face the aftermath of this tragedy. Besides, it is not the act of a paladin and of a knight such as I to allow others to combat evil without my aid."

@C.T. @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

"...It's over."

guts4.gif

"Guts..."

Corrin listened to the others speak then cleared her throat. "I came here with the intentions of improving Hoshido's and Nohr's relations with Arendelle, and I'm not exactly doing them either any good if I just leave here with the country in chaos after losing their king and queen. Besides, I... know what it feels like to lose a parent to an enemy." She said as she rubbed her arm. with downcast eyes. They looked back up with far more steel as she continued. "Even if I wasn't here for diplomatic reasons, I wouldn't leave without helping unless I was forced to. I'm here as long as you to want me to be, and everything at my disposal is yours to try and find out who did this." she finished with a reassuring smile

...That started to turn sheepish"...Ooooon a related note, if you come across a guy with dark green hair trying to stay out of sight and generally acting suspicious, he's not I just didn't want to do nothing but this wasn't exactly our jurisdiction and so I asked him to... discreetly... investigate. Sorry." she finished meekly

@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Ringmaster @york @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu

------------

To a guard, she spoke.

------

Severus turned to Lorie.

------

"Hear-hear!"

The chatter that was surrounding Haraise, she didn't seem to mind it, and ignored it. She had no interest with what the living had to say, and it wasn't that much to relate to her hunt for her killer. It was as simple as that. However, she took notice of Severus taking a hold of her lantern again, giving her the sign that she should return to the side of her physical form. With the flame slightly getting brighter with her presence, Haraise simply relayed the information she had gotten from listening around.

"Angmar's... shadow..."

That was all that Haraise would say with a chilly whisper in Severus's general direction, just repeating those two words made her unseen form shiver with suspense and an uneasy feeling of familiarity. For once... she felt... scared.

@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Ringmaster

"Good fortune on your quest, Sir Guts. May no evil best you in your travels."
361596_400x320.jpg

"Go to hell with your good fortune. It means little to me."
"Apostles?" She demanded. "Explain. Now."
"None of your goddamned business."

Guts had used up all the room for niceties. All that was left was barely simmering rage. Thankfully, Puck was a little more willing to cooperate. Standing atop Gut's shoulder, the elf turned towards those gathered and began to speak.

"What my friend's trying to say in his own stubborn way is that we're on the search for these monsters! Or Apostles if you want to call them that. They look like you or you or even you!" Puck exclaimed while pointing from person to person. "The only difference is-"

"The only difference is that they're abominations that gave up their humanity in exchange for power. They devour humans by the handful to sate themselves and I'm going to make sure everyone of them dies a horrible death. Anything that doesn't forward that goal isn't helping me. I'm off. Let's go, Puck." With that Guts turned to head off only for Puck to tug at his ear.

"Puck!"

"Guts! They need our help! We can't just leave them! What if an apostle attacks!"

"Then they'll see firsthand what one's like won't they? Now, let's go-"

"I'm staying."

"..." Without so much as another word, Guts plucked Puck from his shoulder and flung him away. The elf yelped in surprise before quickly adjusting himself in the air. Watching as Guts continued on without him, the swordsman paused.

GLM071D.png

"...Say what you need to say to them, Puck. I'll be waiting outside."

With that Guts continued on his way and true to his word, he'd wait for his companion. For as much as Puck got on his nerves for wanting Guts to be a better person, he couldn't very well leave the creature to fare for itself. Not when there seemed to be much bigger problems at hand and the Apostles were only one part of them. Wincing as Guts left the group, Puck looked towards the others with one hand sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

"S-Sorry about that, he's just been through a lot with the Apostles. But it isn't my place to tell that story. You have my help for whatever it's worth! I'm sure Guts will come around!"

@C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.