The Grimm Wars: Winter is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
361596_400x320.jpg

"Go to hell with your good fortune. It means little to me."

"None of your goddamned business."

Guts had used up all the room for niceties. All that was left was barely simmering rage. Thankfully, Puck was a little more willing to cooperate. Standing atop Gut's shoulder, the elf turned towards those gathered and began to speak.

"What my friend's trying to say in his own stubborn way is that we're on the search for these monsters! Or Apostles if you want to call them that. They look like you or you or even you!" Puck exclaimed while pointing from person to person. "The only difference is-"

"The only difference is that they're abominations that gave up their humanity in exchange for power. They devour humans by the handful to sate themselves and I'm going to make sure everyone of them dies a horrible death. Anything that doesn't forward that goal isn't helping me. I'm off. Let's go, Puck." With that Guts turned to head off only for Puck to tug at his ear.

"Puck!"

"Guts! They need our help! We can't just leave them! What if an apostle attacks!"

"Then they'll see firsthand what one's like won't they? Now, let's go-"

"I'm staying."

"..." Without so much as another word, Guts plucked Puck from his shoulder and flung him away. The elf yelped in surprise before quickly adjusting himself in the air. Watching as Guts continued on without him, the swordsman paused.

GLM071D.png

"...Say what you need to say to them, Puck. I'll be waiting outside."

With that Guts continued on his way and true to his word, he'd wait for his companion. For as much as Puck got on his nerves for wanting Guts to be a better person, he couldn't very well leave the creature to fare for itself. Not when there seemed to be much bigger problems at hand and the Apostles were only one part of them. Wincing as Guts left the group, Puck looked towards the others with one hand sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

"S-Sorry about that, he's just been through a lot with the Apostles. But it isn't my place to tell that story. You have my help for whatever it's worth! I'm sure Guts will come around!"

@C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Ringmaster

The knight narrowed her eyes at the man, the glare holding disgust for the way he threw her well wishes into her face. This wasn't someone she wished to continue working towards their goals with. Any desire to see the wandering warrior again dissipated with his heated and unwarranted rebuttal, and if the armored woman was to be perfectly frank? Guts could himself go straight to hell and burn for all the cares that Kel no longer gave for him, whether or not his fairy companion thought he should be at their side in this conflict.

"Puck, correct? Thank you for your offer of assistance, but it is quite alright if you leave as well with your companion. He desires no place in ending this crisis, and after his response to my well-wishing, I have no desire to allow him that place even if he did," As she explained this though, her lips tilted into a polite smile for the little fae known as Puck to show she meant him no ill-will, "So again, thank you, but I think it would be best if you rejoined that man and continued on your journey with him."

@T.O.M.

"None of your goddamned business."

Guts had used up all the room for niceties. All that was left was barely simmering rage. Thankfully, Puck was a little more willing to cooperate. Standing atop Gut's shoulder, the elf turned towards those gathered and began to speak.

"What my friend's trying to say in his own stubborn way is that we're on the search for these monsters! Or Apostles if you want to call them that. They look like you or you or even you!" Puck exclaimed while pointing from person to person. "The only difference is-"

"The only difference is that they're abominations that gave up their humanity in exchange for power. They devour humans by the handful to sate themselves and I'm going to make sure everyone of them dies a horrible death. Anything that doesn't forward that goal isn't helping me. I'm off. Let's go, Puck." With that Guts turned to head off only for Puck to tug at his ear.

"Puck!"

"Guts! They need our help! We can't just leave them! What if an apostle attacks!"

"Then they'll see firsthand what one's like won't they? Now, let's go-"

"I'm staying."

"..." Without so much as another word, Guts plucked Puck from his shoulder and flung him away. The elf yelped in surprise before quickly adjusting himself in the air. Watching as Guts continued on without him, the swordsman paused.

GLM071D.png

"...Say what you need to say to them, Puck. I'll be waiting outside."

With that Guts continued on his way and true to his word, he'd wait for his companion. For as much as Puck got on his nerves for wanting Guts to be a better person, he couldn't very well leave the creature to fare for itself. Not when there seemed to be much bigger problems at hand and the Apostles were only one part of them. Wincing as Guts left the group, Puck looked towards the others with one hand sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

"S-Sorry about that, he's just been through a lot with the Apostles. But it isn't my place to tell that story. You have my help for whatever it's worth! I'm sure Guts will come around!"
No sooner than a split-second after Guts stopped to wait for his little pal did she make her presence known...with the sharpened tip of a dagger lightly pressing against the back of his skull. "Nice armor there. Shame you skipped out on the most important part." Minerva growled, just low enough so that she was sure only he heard it. "Though I suppose that doesn't matter to a cunt like you. You sure don't seem to have a brain in there anyway. What was it you said? None of my goddamn business? Funny. To think you're the only one in the world out to slay monsters...such arrogance." Minerva pressed further down with the blade, intending to lightly cut open the skin on the back of Guts' skull. Just enough to draw a trickle of blood.

"As it just so happens, I know a thing or two about monsters that pretend to be human. In fact, two of them are standing right here. Isn't that right? Out for our own goals, the rest be damned. Only degree of separation is that we kill worse people than ourselves. A thousand miles away, I stood in a blaze of fire. Rather like the way I am standing right now actually. I stood before my mother as a fire raged and burned around us, the glint of my dagger reflecting in my mother's eyes. The fear, the anger, the sheer frustration...all expressed in that hateful stare. Windows to the soul, they call eyes. The coarse ripping sound as I slit her throat open in a crimson smile...cathartic." She smirked. "Fucked up, innit?"

"But that's what cultists devoted to inhuman monstrosities deserve, no matter their bloodlines. So. Explain. I won't ask again."

@T.O.M.

"Puck, correct? Thank you for your offer of assistance, but it is quite alright if you leave as well with your companion. He desires no place in ending this crisis, and after his response to my well-wishing, I have no desire to allow him that place even if he did," As she explained this though, her lips tilted into a polite smile for the little fae known as Puck to show she meant him no ill-will, "So again, thank you, but I think it would be best if you rejoined that man and continued on your journey with him."
puck_by_en_taiho-d319q4i.jpg

"W-Well if you're sure..."

Puck had to admit he expected someone to yell back at Guts. Wouldn't have been the first time and it's not as if Guts would have cared. But for these people to stay so calm in the wake of Guts's open aggression was a surprise to him! But he knew when to make his leave and so he gave a little wave before fluttering off. He really would have liked more allies to join Guts and him on their hunt for Apostles but it didn't seem like that'd be happening anytime soon.

As Puck made his way outside though, he froze as he saw the woman who had fought alongside Guts holding her dagger to his neck! How or why would she do something like that?! Sure, Guts wasn't the nicest person around, Puck knew that all too well. but he wasn't going to stand by and let someone harass his friend! Quietly flying closer and closer behind Minerva, Puck's body began to radiate a blinding light!

"Puck Spark!"

Hopefully blinding Minerva and allowing Guts to escape her hold. Ignoring the trail of blood running down the back of his neck, Guts turned and grabbing Minerva by the throat, he sought to yank her off her feet and smash her against the nearest wall. Not hard enough to knock her out of course. But enough to get her drop her knife so Guts could kick it away. From there Puck landed atop Gut's shoulder and began tending to his wound.

"Honestly, I don't understand why you did that! Guts may have been rude, he may have been a jerk, but he didn't do anything to-"

guts.gif

"It's alright, Puck. She had her reasons. Rash in getting them through she may have been. But she seems to fight for a similar cause as we do. Fighting monsters that pose as humans. But I'm not here to shed tears over the loss of your family. I couldn't give less of a shit about that. In fact, after your unprovoked attack I ought to snap your neck." Guts growled and his face almost seemed demonic with how angered he was. "But...I won't. If you being alive means more monsters on the level of Apostles meet their ends? Then so be it." Letting go of Minerva, Guts stepped back and looked her over.

"You asked for an explanation and I'll give you one. But if you raise a hand towards me again? I'll cut you down where you stand."

Assuming his threat was taken as seriously as he meant it to be, Guts continued. "The Apostles are spread all over, posing as nobles, merchants, or even accepting what they are and devouring whoever gets in their path. Going from village to village and murdering and filling their disgusting bellies until they can hold no more and the village is void of life. I lost my comrades to a former friend who summoned the apostles in order to gain power for himself. So all that's left for me to do is murder whichever one of the bastards get in my way."

That was really all there was to it. Guts didn't feel the need to have to explain indepth any more than that. He wanted revenge and he'd cut down whatever beast-man-apostle, whichever they be, in order to get it. All the while a strange looking object swung idly from Guts's shoulder plate.

berserk_behelit.jpg

"It's a Behelit. It's what I've been using to track these monsters down. They lead me to this kingdom but since then? The trail's gone cold."

@C.T. @Ringmaster

As Puck made his way outside though, he froze as he saw the woman who had fought alongside Guts holding her dagger to his neck! How or why would she do something like that?! Sure, Guts wasn't the nicest person around, Puck knew that all too well. but he wasn't going to stand by and let someone harass his friend! Quietly flying closer and closer behind Minerva, Puck's body began to radiate a blinding light!

"Puck Spark!"

Hopefully blinding Minerva and allowing Guts to escape her hold. Ignoring the trail of blood running down the back of his neck, Guts turned and grabbing Minerva by the throat, he sought to yank her off her feet and smash her against the nearest wall. Not hard enough to knock her out of course. But enough to get her drop her knife so Guts could kick it away. From there Puck landed atop Gut's shoulder and began tending to his wound.
"What the shi--" Her curse at the blinding was cut off by a pained grunt from the force of being smashed into the wall...and yet, Minerva only grinned. Her narrowed eyes gazed fiercely at Guts and his little sidekick pet.

"Looks like you got me." She commented, irreverent and snarky.
"Honestly, I don't understand why you did that! Guts may have been rude, he may have been a jerk, but he didn't do anything to-"

"It's alright, Puck. She had her reasons. Rash in getting them through she may have been. But she seems to fight for a similar cause as we do. Fighting monsters that pose as humans."
"Don't worry, little thing. If I want him dead, he would be dead. Someone usually is. And yeah, that's right, genius. I just said that."
"But I'm not here to shed tears over the loss of your family. I couldn't give less of a shit about that."
"I ain't asking for tears, cunt. I carved open their necks myself. I'd do it again, a thousand times. No tears or sorrow here."
"In fact, after your unprovoked attack I ought to snap your neck." Guts growled and his face almost seemed demonic with how angered he was.
"You could try." Minerva retorted. "But at least you seem to get it. I served in the military for a time. Not much for riddles, the types that serve. But there is one they get a kick out of. A king, a priest and a rich man each approach a single sellsword, commanding him to kill the other two. Who decides who lives or dies? Easy enough, the sellsword does as he is the one with the sword. Forget about nobility, forget about religion and forget about wealth...the sword is the only real power in the world."
"But...I won't. If you being alive means more monsters on the level of Apostles meet their ends? Then so be it." Letting go of Minerva, Guts stepped back and looked her over.
She just smirked.
"You asked for an explanation and I'll give you one. But if you raise a hand towards me again? I'll cut you down where you stand."
The smirk only widened, her eyes shining bright with excitement and malice both.
Assuming his threat was taken as seriously as he meant it to be, Guts continued. "The Apostles are spread all over, posing as nobles, merchants, or even accepting what they are and devouring whoever gets in their path. Going from village to village and murdering and filling their disgusting bellies until they can hold no more and the village is void of life. I lost my comrades to a former friend who summoned the apostles in order to gain power for himself. So all that's left for me to do is murder whichever one of the bastards get in my way."

That was really all there was to it. Guts didn't feel the need to have to explain indepth any more than that. He wanted revenge and he'd cut down whatever beast-man-apostle, whichever they be, in order to get it. All the while a strange looking object swung idly from Guts's shoulder plate.

"It's a Behelit. It's what I've been using to track these monsters down. They lead me to this kingdom but since then? The trail's gone cold."
"As I thought. We both live to kill things."

One by one, each was led by varying threads of fate to this time and place. Each one a figure unknown in some respect to the other, until now.

From the Black Swordsman to the fairy Ora, to the animated guardian Spring-Heeled Jack, to the Princess Corrin of two nations to the Scientist-Royal, Severus.

This was their Rivendell, strangers of distant lands and varying values. Each one here to contribute what they knew.

With Anna presiding as she spoke.

"My name is Princess Anna. Tonight, an enemy has attacked my home and struck at our very heart. And while some may have no reason to care, I will say this. They were good people, who ruled with their kingdoms happiness in mind. Tonight, we have seen someone try to destroy that."

Her eyes seemed harder as she spoke.

"Which I will not allow."

"Hear-hear!"

Prince Han's applauded briefly, before falling silent as Anna continued.

"There were three assassination attempts tonight, which curiously are not the strangest. The Black Knight appears, a battle breaks out in our woods and here we come because of it. All of you had acted directly in some way, in these events or have helped us when you had no reason, other then that it was right. I hope someday to call you personal friends and to hear you call me such too. But tonight, I need your help. You are the ones I trust above all, for the reasons I have mentioned. If you wish to leave though....The door is open and I for one, will no less of you for it. These people have already proved themselves willing to kill to preserve their secrets and some have died already."

She waited briefly, almost expecting someone to take her up on her offer.​

The door was inexplicably bombarded by fairy dust.

"Like I freekin' said, I'm not leaving your side, no any other way no how no buts no why. Not even that stupid looking fairy could convince me if you'd asked him to my mind's set on it, it is. Nothing could ever change it, shift it; not even a mountain crashing down on me would make me change my mind. ... Well, just maybe but it's the thought that counts!" Ora would so declare, propping both wrists to her hips as she nodded with ever growing vigor, nigh borderline seeming to vibrate in doing so. She made sure to stick by Princess Anna, hovering near though out of respect she would not land upon the princess's shoulder.

"I just hope this fairy can be useful, more so than him." : |

And she couldn't help add further onto that: "These two have problems, oh yes. Almost as if they're perfect for each other," She said of the red haired woman and the scary man in black, starting out strong before her voice dwindled into a barely audible squeak.

@Ringmaster

berserk_behelit.jpg

"Angmar's... shadow..."

That was all that Haraise would say with a chilly whisper in Severus's general direction, just repeating those two words made her unseen form shiver with suspense and an uneasy feeling of familiarity. For once... she felt... scared.
The room seemed to grow colder, both with the artifact in question displayed and the sudden name whispered. Severus himself had goosebumps. Angmar! The Northern Shelf kingdom, where the Skald tribes resided and protected Arendelle in days past. Angmar which was said to be a pale shadow of the dark land to the East. Angmar, the kingdom of the Dead where desolation greeted those who visited. And after a moment, he rose from his seat as he leaned against the table.

"This...Seems bigger beyond one kingdom. Lady Lorie here has identified the poison used to er...Assassinate the royal couple."

He flicked a worried glance to Anna before turning to the group as a whole.

"Its a particularly devious concoction, brewed from two separate plant life. I'd have never noticed if Lady Lorie hadn't mentioned, but it appears to be dependent on its counterpart. The idea is to ensure that the targets have a build up in their system of one of the parts...And then, once introduced to the other? Death is quick to follow. It requires months of preparation and is used primarily when you have a greater plan. Which is what this smacks of."

"Such as an event where most of the ruling classes are in one place for one." Prince Han's spoke up from his seat, gloved hands together as he pointed out what was in a few's minds. Severus grimly nodded.

"And already the vultures are beginning to circle-"

The door opened and a new figure stepped inside, Lord Bishop looking grim as he caught the tail end of that sentence.

"Such as the Black Knight. I had faced him before, a long time ago and bring news which I thought would be best spoken here...Seeing how a council of war seems to be in session."

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"The Black Knight is the most reviled, yet honored knight. He bears no mark upon his shield and exists to humiliate opponents, but he carries a code of his own. Though there were evil knights who had taken upon the mantle, the Black Knight is an obstacle. He gives fellow knights a chance to prove themselves, to display by action their morals in the face of battle. If you survive....You will have passed a test that has eroded many before you. But they come only in times of conflict and are drawn to them....In War and the like. This one is new to me, but like his predecessors he has come when we are most confused and this is the time to do what you are doing now. Stick together! For there is more danger then surmised from one, lone knight and an assassination attempt."

He paced back and forth before speaking quietly.

"Grishnu told me of a vision at their fire....Of a dark figure, with the antlers of a stag as it howled for blood and battle to come. It then fled North....Where I believe you had your battle. It was why the Vikings were following already, before they simply tracked the noise. Perhaps these events are all connected...Or they may not be. Regardless, there are several choices before you at hand. Some may stay- There is much to do here, to investigate the castle staff and the tournament itself. The Black Knight will return after all and we are not sure yet if any attack will come down. Others may choose to travel North, to the Wild Wood under the shadow of Arendelle's Mountains. There are....Certain soothsayers, native to this land."

He glanced at Anna who confirmed with a nod before he spoke.

"Answers we may find to this mystery as a whole may be obtained....And moreover, it was where the wolves had came from. Whatever is stirring them up now, was at some point there. So if you are here to stop this...Well, what remains is where you will go and what you feel best in your hearts to accomplish this."

Severus listened before finally speaking.

"I'll go to the soothsayers and the wild wood."

"Absolutely not." Bishop said flatly, looking at his prince with an expression short of wooden as he added.

"You'll slow them down with that leg of yours and it will be dangerous. They can't afford to protect you. What do you know of the wild?"

Severus tilted his chin up as he spoke.

"We know the assassins can target us here- Have succeeded. They won't think to find me far away. That and I can speak fluently the local dialects and any other language, archaic and otherwise you care to mention. If there is some sorcery or devilry out there, I'm among the best to analyze it. lle dura amin mellonamin."

Bishop stared, before finally speaking.

"No. Not so long as I am your head of security on this diplomatic mission."

"You have more swords then you need!"

Severus gestured to the fighters of the room, eyes starting to flash imperiously, ignoring the sudden look in the veteran paladin's eyes.

"Swords alone will not-"

"That is final. You forget yourself your highness."

Severus said nothing, but the white knuckled grip on his cane was enough of an indicator as he finally, took a deep breath and sat back down.

"My....Apologies for the outburst." He said calmly.

Prince Han's raised his hand.

"I'll stay. I know a few people here, perhaps I can get some information from them which will help."

@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: C.T.
The room seemed to grow colder, both with the artifact in question displayed and the sudden name whispered. Severus himself had goosebumps. Angmar! The Northern Shelf kingdom, where the Skald tribes resided and protected Arendelle in days past. Angmar which was said to be a pale shadow of the dark land to the East. Angmar, the kingdom of the Dead where desolation greeted those who visited. And after a moment, he rose from his seat as he leaned against the table.

"This...Seems bigger beyond one kingdom. Lady Lorie here has identified the poison used to er...Assassinate the royal couple."

"Its a particularly devious concoction, brewed from two separate plant life. I'd have never noticed if Lady Lorie hadn't mentioned, but it appears to be dependent on its counterpart. The idea is to ensure that the targets have a build up in their system of one of the parts...And then, once introduced to the other? Death is quick to follow. It requires months of preparation and is used primarily when you have a greater plan. Which is what this smacks of."

"Such as an event where most of the ruling classes are in one place for one." Prince Han's spoke up from his seat, gloved hands together as he pointed out what was in a few's minds. Severus grimly nodded.

The door opened and a new figure stepped inside, Lord Bishop looking grim as he caught the tail end of that sentence.

"Such as the Black Knight. I had faced him before, a long time ago and bring news which I thought would be best spoken here...Seeing how a council of war seems to be in session."

"The Black Knight is the most reviled, yet honored knight. He bears no mark upon his shield and exists to humiliate opponents, but he carries a code of his own. Though there were evil knights who had taken upon the mantle, the Black Knight is an obstacle. He gives fellow knights a chance to prove themselves, to display by action their morals in the face of battle. If you survive....You will have passed a test that has eroded many before you. But they come only in times of conflict and are drawn to them....In War and the like. This one is new to me, but like his predecessors he has come when we are most confused and this is the time to do what you are doing now. Stick together! For there is more danger then surmised from one, lone knight and an assassination attempt."

"Grishnu told me of a vision at their fire....Of a dark figure, with the antlers of a stag as it howled for blood and battle to come. It then fled North....Where I believe you had your battle. It was why the Vikings were following already, before they simply tracked the noise. Perhaps these events are all connected...Or they may not be. Regardless, there are several choices before you at hand. Some may stay- There is much to do here, to investigate the castle staff and the tournament itself. The Black Knight will return after all and we are not sure yet if any attack will come down. Others may choose to travel North, to the Wild Wood under the shadow of Arendelle's Mountains. There are....Certain soothsayers, native to this land."

"Answers we may find to this mystery as a whole may be obtained....And moreover, it was where the wolves had came from. Whatever is stirring them up now, was at some point there. So if you are here to stop this...Well, what remains is where you will go and what you feel best in your hearts to accomplish this."

"Absolutely not." Bishop said flatly, looking at his prince with an expression short of wooden as he added.

"You'll slow them down with that leg of yours and it will be dangerous. They can't afford to protect you. What do you know of the wild?"

"We know the assassins can target us here- Have succeeded. They won't think to find me far away. That and I can speak fluently the local dialects and any other language, archaic and otherwise you care to mention. If there is some sorcery or devilry out there, I'm among the best to analyze it. lle dura amin mellonamin."

Severus gestured to the fighters of the room, eyes starting to flash imperiously, ignoring the sudden look in the veteran paladin's eyes.

"Swords alone will not-"

Severus said nothing, but the white knuckled grip on his cane was enough of an indicator as he finally, took a deep breath and sat back down.

"I'll stay. I know a few people here, perhaps I can get some information from them which will help."

@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies
Both dame and princess listened intensely as Bishop spoke, taking in all after hearing Severus's explanation of the poison's use. The thoughts within both minds were those of individuals trying to make sense the catastrophe at hand, to understand why someone would plan for so long to cause this destruction. Kel's were centered around the idea that perhaps someone wished to provoke a war between Arendelle and one of the attending parties' homelands, but for what reason, she could not fathom. On the other hand, Keladry couldn't see any possibility of another kingdom being interested in starting a war. Instead, she only thought of what lied to the North, what had corrupted the Vikings' forefathers once before, as being willing to orchestrate this disaster.

As the time to decide between two groups came though, both women were in synergy with their decision. First, Kel stepped up to speak, "I am sorry to say that I am unable to travel to the north to meet these soothsayers. As the challenger to the Black Knight, I must be ready for our duel tomorrow and as such, I can not leave the capital. However, aiding in the investigation is a task that I can aid in until then."

"And I will not allowed Kel to remain here without anyone to support her," Keladry took over there, smiling at her friend who returned it with a joyful expression, "It would not be right to abandon her in her time of preparation, and I would not put myself in danger when she is unable to protect me and cause her undue worry."

"Swords alone will not-"

Both dame and princess listened intensely as Bishop spoke, taking in all after hearing Severus's explanation of the poison's use. The thoughts within both minds were those of individuals trying to make sense the catastrophe at hand, to understand why someone would plan for so long to cause this destruction. Kel's were centered around the idea that perhaps someone wished to provoke a war between Arendelle and one of the attending parties' homelands, but for what reason, she could not fathom. On the other hand, Keladry couldn't see any possibility of another kingdom being interested in starting a war. Instead, she only thought of what lied to the North, what had corrupted the Vikings' forefathers once before, as being willing to orchestrate this disaster.

As the time to decide between two groups came though, both women were in synergy with their decision. First, Kel stepped up to speak, "I am sorry to say that I am unable to travel to the north to meet these soothsayers. As the challenger to the Black Knight, I must be ready for our duel tomorrow and as such, I can not leave the capital. However, aiding in the investigation is a task that I can aid in until then."

"And I will not allowed Kel to remain here without anyone to support her," Keladry took over there, smiling at her friend who returned it with a joyful expression, "It would not be right to abandon her in her time of preparation, and I would not put myself in danger when she is unable to protect me and cause her undue worry."

Lorie Fisher
@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Ringmster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

Lorie was torn... She wanted to look around the Castle Grounds more, but she realized that it was imperative to figure out exactly how these events that were mentioned all pieced together... If the King and Queen's unfortunate fate, the arrival of a strange Black Night, that freakish figure with those deer antlers were all connected in some way, she had to know why... And more importantly, how. It was a tentative decision, but she finally decided to speak.

"I'm going too... I must know what is happening..." She said quietly.

With that, she stood up, a more intense look on her face as she seemed to be... Very insistent on her decision, perhaps she recognized the urgency of the situation, or maybe she just felt the need to find the answers to her questions as soon as possible... After all, she couldn't quite do as much as she wished without the information she so desperately needed.

"Swords alone will not-"

Corrin winced in sympathy at Severus' scolding, but her own thoughts were still trying to align themselves. She knew which of the tasks she wanted to do. Heck, it was probably the one she was better suited to as well. A dangerous trek through unfriendly woods had made up large chunks of her campaign against Garon. She may have come across as a kind if excitable princess till now, but she of all people knew how different of a beast she could be on the battlefield. On occasion in a very literal sense.

But...

Her eyes flicked over to where the new queen was sitting.

She knew that pain too well.

"...I'll stay here as well. I'm probably not as good at dealing with the court as lady Keladry will be, but honestly a princess probably should stay where the political problems will crop up. But I'll send someone with you guys for sure!"

"A wise decision as ever, m'lady. Shall we send Kaze then? Ninjas are said to do their best work in the forest"

"...Jakob when did you even get here?" o_o; "But yea, go get Kaze."

"as you wish, Lady Corrin."

And so did the butler leave to do just that

@C.T. @T.O.M. @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Ringmaster @york @Indolent @Gummi Bunnies

Chapter 2: Choice of Evil's

Arendelle had never felt so cold.

On the highest tower, alone she sat and watched the stars. Acting-Queen Elsa of Arendelle, who hadn't even taken time to cry for her parents. Heart of ice, vein's that ran cold- People would whisper, though not all. Her sister, her cousin and her husband- The people who chose to support her as well as personally investigate or share their resources...In a way, it was comforting. To know that there were true friends here. But in the end, Arendelle must learn to stand on its own. She must be the ruler it needed.

Conceal, don't feel. Don't let her enemies know.

And Arendelle had plenty of enemies as it was.

----------

Far, far away in the meantime dark deeds were being done.

A border fortress of Arendelle was ransacked, its people hung and turned into crow food, the carrion swarms screeching and pecking away at the hanging carcasses. In the midst of the quiet nightmares, were two figures. One a massive being, whose footfall shook the earth. The other, was a knight in armor.

16489d05ab054226e7e7b1ba53de1369.jpg

"Ransack all uniforms. Once the crows have finished, remove the bodies. Burn them. Ensure that none know what has happened here."

"You lead your men on a tight leash, Master Ruber."

The Red Knight turned his helm'd gaze upwards to the monster.

"They know who they serve. His majesty does not forgive...Incompetence. I presume we can count on your support in the days to come then?"

"Not here. I go to act at my lords behest. Arendelle is merely one of many jewels to adorn the crown of our true Master. Let this be your kings and your own first contribution to the storm approaching. We will consume the land, glut fat on blood and battle as has never been seen."

"Then farewell Master Zodd."

"And to you as well....Blood Knight."

The monster stomped away and hidden by the woods, there was a shifting of flesh and a snapping of bone.

And then a roar to shake the world as the trees flattened briefly and a dark shadow rose into the sky and was gone.

-------

Far away, the roar carried on in the wind. Villages trembled, soldiers on watch were on edge....And far away in Arendelle itself, Queen Elsa placed a hand over her heart, even as in a tent in the field of arms and emblems, Prince Severus sketched by the light of Harise....And frowned.

It seemed things were only just beginning.

Once upon a time....

------------

The funeral of the King and Queen was a somber affair. In a street procession, flower petals flew...Tossed by well wishers and those who wished to celebrate their memory as Queen Elsa and Princess Anna- The only survivors moved as they led the way. Followed after them were courtiers, allies....Anyone who wished to join.

As they came to the dock, the hand of the King, Lord Stark greeted his new queen and the princess with a bow of his head, Grishnu by his side. They had opted in the end, for a Viking Funeral. With Grishnu himself firing the flaming arrow that lit up the boat as it burned in the harbor. Leading the prayer, Grishnu's voice rumbled low but perceptible to those here.

"May the Winter-Smith's Valkyries take thee and thine wife to Halls blessed and green old friend."

Turning to face those who had come, Lord Stark spoke aloud to all present.

"We are Arendelle....We have suffered, but with our friends we at least know we do not suffer alone. And though we work and we play, we do so in the knowledge that no life lasts forever....Winter may come. But when it does, we take with us the memory of Summer and the promise of a new Spring. And so we dedicate the tournament that would honor those who have traveled far, not only to these brave and true folk...But also, to the king and queen. Long live the Queen."

Far away on a hill overlooking the city, was a group of cloaked travelers....Some of them, from the standing army of Arendelle, others who had decided to visit the Wild Wood and the Sooth Sayers from the meeting. Whatever their reason, here they were. And somberly, Lord Bishop looked at them all.

"And here we are. I do not need to inform you just how important your mission is. Arendelle and I suspect all the realms safety depends on your safe return and what you may learn. Be wary. Expect the unexpected. However, there is no real charge upon you to do this. If at any point, you wish to return or to depart for parts unknown, there will be none to berate you. There is even a village, about ten miles east that will serve as a hub to leave should you wish. The only bond upon you is friendship. The only driving force, your own conscious. Good luck."

And turning, Lord Bishop rode off with his escorts back to the city.

And a cloaked figure, with a deep hood patted the lamp poking out of his bag, hidden beneath his cloak as he let out a sigh of quiet relief.

[GM Note: Those staying behind post at the docks, where the funeral is taking place. Those leaving to the Wild Wood and the Troll Glade, post on the hill overlooking the city of Arendelle.]

@The Tactician @Dec @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @Chewy Rabbits @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent

On the highest tower, alone she sat and watched the stars. Acting-Queen Elsa of Arendelle, who hadn't even taken time to cry for her parents. Heart of ice, vein's that ran cold- People would whisper, though not all. Her sister, her cousin and her husband- The people who chose to support her as well as personally investigate or share their resources...In a way, it was comforting. To know that there were true friends here. But in the end, Arendelle must learn to stand on its own. She must be the ruler it needed.

----------

A border fortress of Arendelle was ransacked, its people hung and turned into crow food, the carrion swarms screeching and pecking away at the hanging carcasses. In the midst of the quiet nightmares, were two figures. One a massive being, whose footfall shook the earth. The other, was a knight in armor.

"Ransack all uniforms. Once the crows have finished, remove the bodies. Burn them. Ensure that none know what has happened here."

"They know who they serve. His majesty does not forgive...Incompetence. I presume we can count on your support in the days to come then?"

"Not here. I go to act at my lords behest. Arendelle is merely one of many jewels to adorn the crown of our true Master. Let this be your kings and your own first contribution to the storm approaching. We will consume the land, glut fat on blood and battle as has never been seen."

The monster stomped away and hidden by the woods, there was a shifting of flesh and a snapping of bone.

And then a roar to shake the world as the trees flattened briefly and a dark shadow rose into the sky and was gone.

-------

Far away, the roar carried on in the wind. Villages trembled, soldiers on watch were on edge....And far away in Arendelle itself, Queen Elsa placed a hand over her heart, even as in a tent in the field of arms and emblems, Prince Severus sketched by the light of Harise....And frowned.

Once upon a time....

------------

The funeral of the King and Queen was a somber affair. In a street procession, flower petals flew...Tossed by well wishers and those who wished to celebrate their memory as Queen Elsa and Princess Anna- The only survivors moved as they led the way. Followed after them were courtiers, allies....Anyone who wished to join.

As they came to the dock, the hand of the King, Lord Stark greeted his new queen and the princess with a bow of his head, Grishnu by his side. They had opted in the end, for a Viking Funeral. With Grishnu himself firing the flaming arrow that lit up the boat as it burned in the harbor. Leading the prayer, Grishnu's voice rumbled low but perceptible to those here.

"May the Winter-Smith's Valkyries take thee and thine wife to Halls blessed and green old friend."

"We are Arendelle....We have suffered, but with our friends we at least know we do not suffer alone. And though we work and we play, we do so in the knowledge that no life lasts forever....Winter may come. But when it does, we take with us the memory of Summer and the promise of a new Spring. And so we dedicate the tournament that would honor those who have traveled far, not only to these brave and true folk...But also, to the king and queen. Long live the Queen."

Far away on a hill overlooking the city, was a group of cloaked travelers....Some of them, from the standing army of Arendelle, others who had decided to visit the Wild Wood and the Sooth Sayers from the meeting. Whatever their reason, here they were. And somberly, Lord Bishop looked at them all.

"And here we are. I do not need to inform you just how important your mission is. Arendelle and I suspect all the realms safety depends on your safe return and what you may learn. Be wary. Expect the unexpected. However, there is no real charge upon you to do this. If at any point, you wish to return or to depart for parts unknown, there will be none to berate you. There is even a village, about ten miles east that will serve as a hub to leave should you wish. The only bond upon you is friendship. The only driving force, your own conscious. Good luck."

And a cloaked figure, with a deep hood patted the lamp poking out of his bag, hidden beneath his cloak as he let out a sigh of quiet relief.

[GM Note: Those staying behind post at the docks, where the funeral is taking place. Those leaving to the Wild Wood and the Troll Glade, post on the hill overlooking the city of Arendelle.]

@The Tactician @Dec @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @Chewy Rabbits @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent
"May the All-father watch over them." "May the All-father watch over them."

Both of the guests of Cardomas spoke with their heads bowed and hands interlocked in prayer as they along with the crowd quietly recited the prayer (with some alteration to fit their own beliefs) that Grishnu chanted in a rumbling voice. As the prayer ended, Keladry lifted her head to watch the vessel that supposedly carried the late monarchs in flames to their afterlife, a final sympathetic gaze before she moved on the tragic end they had met. It was truly unjust what had occurred here the previous night, but the young lady could hope that there would be a better eternity waiting for them.

"Long live the Queen," Kel's voice echoing in her ears reminded of Lord Stark's somber eulogy and she focused upon the grim address. The Hand of the King (now Queen, she reminded himself, as she remembered Elsa's undesired position) was a capable speaker for the occasion, and her heart filled with hope that his superb administration would continue to serve the kingdom. Lady Elsa would require men such as Lord Stark in the difficult period to follow this dreadful succession.

@Dec @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @Chewy Rabbits @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Ringmaster

"We may each have our reasons for killing. But that is all, woman. Now, you go your path and I'll go mine. Keep it that way."

Turning his back to Minerva, Guts continued forward without so much as a care in the world about the Black Knight or anything like that. What did he care for royalty that he did not serve? A kingdom which he did not hold dear to his heart? It didn't mean anything to Guts. What mattered was slaying these vicious inhuman beasts where they reigned and eventually finding and torturing the biggest bastard of them all:

GRIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTHHHHHHHHH!!!!

But Puck wasn't as happy about the situation. He understood full well that Guts had his reasons. But it didn't mean that Puck had to agree with them. Knowing full well that Guts's skill in battle could have greatly helped the royalty who genuinely seemed like good people made Puck's heart tremble. Guts refused to help those who begged it of him unless it just so happened to suit his own needs and wants. The two butted heads about it over and over but Guts had his ways and Puck had his. So there was no real point in arguing anymore. Hopefully the Black Knight would still be defeated and-

*ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!*

Both Guts and Puck froze where they were. The roar that shook the branches of every tree passed over the two of them and Guts knew exactly who it belonged to. The slayer of entire armies, the winner of a thousand battles, the king of kings! One the deadliest apostles that Guts had ever faced!

"The Immortal" Nosferatu Zodd!

Guts and Griffith had barely survived their last encounter with the Apostle and Guts hadn't gotten the chance to take him on since then. But if he was around here? Then that might have meant Guts's fear was true. The apostles did have a hand in all of this. But Guts couldn't help but begin to laugh.

"G-Guts?! What's so funny?! Didn't you hear that roar!?"

tumblr_mw4fi4Xk0d1qddaj9o1_250.png

"Did I hear it?! Of course I heard it Puck! It made my blood run cold with a fear that would drive lesser men insane! But yet I can do nothing but find myself absolutely livid! Our search which had been cold for so long is now warm again like freshly spilt blood! We'll find an Apostle yet, Puck!"

So in the end Guts did end up siding with others. Not out of any bond of friendship like this man seemed to proclaim. These weren't his colleagues and they certainly weren't his friends. As far as Guts was concerned, he only had one goal in mind. To stay alive long enough to find Zodd and see just what he and the other Apostles were up to in these lands. Having stowed away on Guts's shoulder, Puck peeked around before chiming into Gut's ear.

"Hey Guts! Don't you think we should have at least paid our respects to the King and Queen?"

"No, I don't. Why pay respects to corpses that I had little loyalties to? We've got what we've been looking for Puck. Forget the days of wandering around aimlessly. We'll find what we're looking for soon enough."

"Oh, I hate when you get like this Guts!"

But Guts wasn't listening to his companion's whining. With his sword slung over his shoulder, Guts grinned at what laid ahead.

tumblr_m424epEBA21qapswgo1_500.jpg

"Wait for me, Zodd. We'll cross blades once again and this time? Their will be a definite conclusion!"

@Ringmaster @C.T. @Anyone else I guess

----------

-------

Once upon a time....

------------

Lorie Fisher
@Ringmaster @Others at the hill

Lorie looked longingly over at the city of Arandelle, the place she had hoped to be free of the burdens she had in her forest... Even if it were only for a few days, she wanted to show the world she was more than just a mere troublemaker, even if she hadn't meant to be... Back then, when she was younger... But it seemed that fate had something else in store for her; there was something terrible going on, and she had to find out what... And more importantly, why. Though she wished she could have stayed in Arandelle for longer, she knew it would be impossible to do so, and at the same time feel usefull; she wanted to help, to make right what had been wronged, somehow... And the only way to do that, was to find the Soothsayers, and from there... Find out who killed the King and Queen of Arandelle.

This would be the first case where she had to solve the mystery of a murder, well... Let alone a double murder, like in this case, she felt a little sick in the stomach knowing the killer was still out there, perhaps even planning the murder of countless others in Arandelle. It didn't help at all that to her, it was a violation of an unspoken agreement in all those who were close to nature; plants should never be used for malice, no matter how deep the desire, nor how efficient the plant might be do to harm. Though it was customary for a firestarter to know each and every plant that lived in the forest, and their potential uses... It was forbidden to use them in a way that would harm another, and permission was rarely, if ever granted to do so. Lorie herself, had only used the plants in her forest to treat her own wounds, and ailments, and on rare occasions the wounds and ailments of others...

She sighed, giving Arandelle one last, fleeing look before she turned away, she was prepared to leave with the others as soon as they too were ready, even if she wasn't too fond of saying goodbye to the only city she had been to for ages, without even getting to spend a whole lot of time there. Maybe... She would come back after her business elsewhere was over? She just hoped the place would hold up okay until then...

Corrin sucked at hiding emotions. In another life, if she'd made a different choice on that fateful battlefield, it would have been a skill she'd have been forced to with brutal consequences had she not, but Hoshido and its royalty had let the warrior girl wear her heart on her sleeve during their war. She'd been honored to be invited to the procession after knowing all involved for so drastically short a time, but she'd almost turned the offer down for fear of embarrassing the princesses- princess and queen rather. But Jakob had been insistent, and so she stood near the back of the group with her head hung low and just doing her best not to draw attention to herself or the water on her face. Just as she'd been surprised at the offer, she knew it was probably silly for her to be in tears over royalty she barely knew, but... there were too many similarities, too many old wounds that had been put to the stage once more with only the actors changed. Plus... she glanced up if just a moment towards where the daughters were, towards the queen they were now supposed to be celebrating. Even if they'd just met... pain like that wasn't something you had any choice in being sympathetic towards when you knew what it felt like. She wiped her eyes on her sleeve and gave the requisite reply to Stark's proclamation, only as loud as she dared to try without fear of her voice cracking.

"Long live the queen"

@Dec @Gummi Bunnies @DapperDogman @Chewy Rabbits @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent @Ringmaster

So in the end Guts did end up siding with others. Not out of any bond of friendship like this man seemed to proclaim. These weren't his colleagues and they certainly weren't his friends. As far as Guts was concerned, he only had one goal in mind. To stay alive long enough to find Zodd and see just what he and the other Apostles were up to in these lands. Having stowed away on Guts's shoulder, Puck peeked around before chiming into Gut's ear.

"Hey Guts! Don't you think we should have at least paid our respects to the King and Queen?"

"No, I don't. Why pay respects to corpses that I had little loyalties to? We've got what we've been looking for Puck. Forget the days of wandering around aimlessly. We'll find what we're looking for soon enough."

"Oh, I hate when you get like this Guts!"

But Guts wasn't listening to his companion's whining. With his sword slung over his shoulder, Guts grinned at what laid ahead.

tumblr_m424epEBA21qapswgo1_500.jpg

"Wait for me, Zodd. We'll cross blades once again and this time? Their will be a definite conclusion!"

@Ringmaster @C.T. @Anyone else I guess
Lorie Fisher
@Ringmaster @Others at the hill

Lorie looked longingly over at the city of Arandelle, the place she had hoped to be free of the burdens she had in her forest... Even if it were only for a few days, she wanted to show the world she was more than just a mere troublemaker, even if she hadn't meant to be... Back then, when she was younger... But it seemed that fate had something else in store for her; there was something terrible going on, and she had to find out what... And more importantly, why. Though she wished she could have stayed in Arandelle for longer, she knew it would be impossible to do so, and at the same time feel usefull; she wanted to help, to make right what had been wronged, somehow... And the only way to do that, was to find the Soothsayers, and from there... Find out who killed the King and Queen of Arandelle.

This would be the first case where she had to solve the mystery of a murder, well... Let alone a double murder, like in this case, she felt a little sick in the stomach knowing the killer was still out there, perhaps even planning the murder of countless others in Arandelle. It didn't help at all that to her, it was a violation of an unspoken agreement in all those who were close to nature; plants should never be used for malice, no matter how deep the desire, nor how efficient the plant might be do to harm. Though it was customary for a firestarter to know each and every plant that lived in the forest, and their potential uses... It was forbidden to use them in a way that would harm another, and permission was rarely, if ever granted to do so. Lorie herself, had only used the plants in her forest to treat her own wounds, and ailments, and on rare occasions the wounds and ailments of others...

She sighed, giving Arandelle one last, fleeing look before she turned away, she was prepared to leave with the others as soon as they too were ready, even if she wasn't too fond of saying goodbye to the only city she had been to for ages, without even getting to spend a whole lot of time there. Maybe... She would come back after her business elsewhere was over? She just hoped the place would hold up okay until then...
Bishop was going to be furious when he found out what he did.

Such were the thoughts of Prince Severus beneath the travelers cloak he had obtained, a size too large in his haste as he let out a quiet sigh as they rode out among those who had chosen this path. Lorie seemed to be in deep thought. Guts was wearing a perpetually strange grin as they moved out on this journey and Severus? Well....He was most certainly not bemoaning his choice now and at any rate, it was too late now. He would not turn back and he would not back down now of all times. He planned it all out as well. His horse was not the usual, but rather one bought clandestinely from a local. Arendelle pony stock, bred for the hardy winters and tough mountains. It would keep on going long after the greater war horses were exhausted and indeed, were often used by gypsies on the road or so he had read. Second, he'd make sure to make himself useful- Lorie was skilled with herbs and Severus himself had some skill as a surgeon, from hours in the hospital cutting up cadavers to sketch out what laid within themselves and to determine how it all worked. This bit came in the form of a toolkit, of carefully chosen blades for his work as well as bandages. That he was able to grab in bulk. A few reference books, extra clothing, a blanket roll such as he had seen the soldiers use and some snacks.

Yes, he was well prepared for what was to come.

Or so he hoped. And idly, he patted the lantern at his side as he said quietly to her.

"Here we go then."

Off the party traveled, soon coming to the village mentioned by Bishop as their honor guard rested and spoke, after a lunch of mutton stew and cheese, with ale as a respite.

"Your journey to the soothsayers will be long. But thankfully, Arendelle has had less to worry about of late then most. The roads are well guarded, though soon you will find yourself among lonely places. There is a strong fae presence here, and they are....Devilishly difficult to predict. And of course, the wolves seem to be in force as well. Thankfully, we have people among us who seem to know both the woods and how to deal with wolves!"

He cleared his throat and added.

"In the meantime, we have some time before we set out. Our horses need to rest a bit and perhaps we can obtain news from the North? This is a hub for travelers."

It was good enough advice at least. And right now, there were several options.

To stay in the common room and talk to travelers or members of the party.

To visit the Blacksmith for any tools or the general store for supplies. There was also an apothecary for medical supplies.

---------
"May the All-father watch over them." "May the All-father watch over them."

Both of the guests of Cardomas spoke with their heads bowed and hands interlocked in prayer as they along with the crowd quietly recited the prayer (with some alteration to fit their own beliefs) that Grishnu chanted in a rumbling voice. As the prayer ended, Keladry lifted her head to watch the vessel that supposedly carried the late monarchs in flames to their afterlife, a final sympathetic gaze before she moved on the tragic end they had met. It was truly unjust what had occurred here the previous night, but the young lady could hope that there would be a better eternity waiting for them.

"Long live the Queen," Kel's voice echoing in her ears reminded of Lord Stark's somber eulogy and she focused upon the grim address. The Hand of the King (now Queen, she reminded himself, as she remembered Elsa's undesired position) was a capable speaker for the occasion, and her heart filled with hope that his superb administration would continue to serve the kingdom. Lady Elsa would require men such as Lord Stark in the difficult period to follow this dreadful succession.
Corrin sucked at hiding emotions. In another life, if she'd made a different choice on that fateful battlefield, it would have been a skill she'd have been forced to with brutal consequences had she not, but Hoshido and its royalty had let the warrior girl wear her heart on her sleeve during their war. She'd been honored to be invited to the procession after knowing all involved for so drastically short a time, but she'd almost turned the offer down for fear of embarrassing the princesses- princess and queen rather. But Jakob had been insistent, and so she stood near the back of the group with her head hung low and just doing her best not to draw attention to herself or the water on her face. Just as she'd been surprised at the offer, she knew it was probably silly for her to be in tears over royalty she barely knew, but... there were too many similarities, too many old wounds that had been put to the stage once more with only the actors changed. Plus... she glanced up if just a moment towards where the daughters were, towards the queen they were now supposed to be celebrating. Even if they'd just met... pain like that wasn't something you had any choice in being sympathetic towards when you knew what it felt like. She wiped her eyes on her sleeve and gave the requisite reply to Stark's proclamation, only as loud as she dared to try without fear of her voice cracking.

"Long live the queen"
People would leave, after sending representatives to express sympathies or even like Corrin or Lady Keladry, approaching in person. Some were feigned, others were truly grief stricken. Han's appeared at one point, eschewing protocol to embrace Princess Anna who immediately began to clutch on him and cry. He ended up staying that way, letting her tears soak his suit as he looked out at the bay. Stark and his family came, the children respectful and somber, led by Lady Stark before they moved on.

Now the only question was....What do they do? Among these well-wishers, it was entirely possible that one was an enemy. A poisoner. An assassin with a hidden agenda and though the atmosphere was one of empathy, there was a darker intonation in the air. Crows flew and sung their croaking songs. The wind was chillier then usual and though no one mentioned it, many recalled last night as well....And the promise of the Black Knight to return.

At Noon Bells.

The morning was open regardless and various knights would go to prepare themselves for the tournament to come.

What would you do?

People would leave, after sending representatives to express sympathies or even like Corrin or Lady Keladry, approaching in person. Some were feigned, others were truly grief stricken. Han's appeared at one point, eschewing protocol to embrace Princess Anna who immediately began to clutch on him and cry. He ended up staying that way, letting her tears soak his suit as he looked out at the bay. Stark and his family came, the children respectful and somber, led by Lady Stark before they moved on.

Now the only question was....What do they do? Among these well-wishers, it was entirely possible that one was an enemy. A poisoner. An assassin with a hidden agenda and though the atmosphere was one of empathy, there was a darker intonation in the air. Crows flew and sung their croaking songs. The wind was chillier then usual and though no one mentioned it, many recalled last night as well....And the promise of the Black Knight to return.

At Noon Bells.

The morning was open regardless and various knights would go to prepare themselves for the tournament to come.

What would you do?
Corrin wandered away once the ceremony was done, mainly to take a few minutes to collect herself as she tried to figure out what exactly she wanted to even do now. She'd stayed behind because she wanted to help, but... This sort of work wasn't her forte. She settled onto a dock farther down the pier and grumpily pulled her stupid, constricting shoes off and gave a vibrant sigh of relief as her toes were finally free. She gently settled her feet to just barely touch the water and shivered as the cold slipped upwards, but... it was still nice. Water was just calming to her, always had been. She now was pretty sure that had something to do with the whole dragon thing but... it was even moreso after she met Azura. Her eyes closed as she lazily drew swirls in the water and racked her brain.

Ok. So. She sent her ninja with the others to the north because she needed to send someone. But that also meant she didn't ahve her ninja, which meant no... well... however kaze did his ninja stuff to get information he always seemed to have. So that probably wasn't very smart. No, she could do this herself, she was sure of it! Some serious damage had already been done, but when she actually thought about it, it actually wasn't likely another assassination was coming, at least not soon. The daughters would be under super security now, probably right down to taste testers, so if they-... well, whoever they were- wanted the sisters dead, they'd missed their chance. So, if there was still going to be a problem... She ran her head through what was still going to happen here. As far as she knew, the only really big event remaining was the tournament. Which had some money for second place, and...

"...hrmm."

Her eyes snapped open and she hopped up to her feet to jog off as fast as was presentable in her funeral fineries, to try and find either Bishop, Stark or someone else who might know about Arendelle's past and legends. She of all people knew not to dismiss the old and forgotten

@Ringmaster

Such were the thoughts of Prince Severus beneath the travelers cloak he had obtained, a size too large in his haste as he let out a quiet sigh as they rode out among those who had chosen this path. Lorie seemed to be in deep thought. Guts was wearing a perpetually strange grin as they moved out on this journey and Severus? Well....He was most certainly not bemoaning his choice now and at any rate, it was too late now. He would not turn back and he would not back down now of all times. He planned it all out as well. His horse was not the usual, but rather one bought clandestinely from a local. Arendelle pony stock, bred for the hardy winters and tough mountains. It would keep on going long after the greater war horses were exhausted and indeed, were often used by gypsies on the road or so he had read. Second, he'd make sure to make himself useful- Lorie was skilled with herbs and Severus himself had some skill as a surgeon, from hours in the hospital cutting up cadavers to sketch out what laid within themselves and to determine how it all worked. This bit came in the form of a toolkit, of carefully chosen blades for his work as well as bandages. That he was able to grab in bulk. A few reference books, extra clothing, a blanket roll such as he had seen the soldiers use and some snacks.

Or so he hoped. And idly, he patted the lantern at his side as he said quietly to her.

"Here we go then."

Off the party traveled, soon coming to the village mentioned by Bishop as their honor guard rested and spoke, after a lunch of mutton stew and cheese, with ale as a respite.

"Your journey to the soothsayers will be long. But thankfully, Arendelle has had less to worry about of late then most. The roads are well guarded, though soon you will find yourself among lonely places. There is a strong fae presence here, and they are....Devilishly difficult to predict. And of course, the wolves seem to be in force as well. Thankfully, we have people among us who seem to know both the woods and how to deal with wolves!"

"In the meantime, we have some time before we set out. Our horses need to rest a bit and perhaps we can obtain news from the North? This is a hub for travelers."

To visit the Blacksmith for any tools or the general store for supplies. There was also an apothecary for medical supplies.

---------

At Noon Bells.

What would you do?

As the crowd dispersed and the well-wishers departed, Kel's eyes watched each individual closely as a hand upon her sword's grip. Any one of the many people around them could be the enemy, a whisperer carrying a blade coated in liquid death. Any one of them could wish ill intentions toward Elsa, Anna, or Keladry; any one of them could seek to hurt those she was sworn to protect, something that she would not allow.

Finally, after a few minutes of inspecting each of the well-wishers from afar as they departed, the knight finally felt safe to go about her own business, business that involved in the imposing and intimidating chief who had led the prayer.

"Lady Keladry, perhaps you ought to join Prince Hans in comforting Lady Anna..."

"I understand, Dame Kel... Though do be careful when the time for caution is required," With a nod to show her support for whatever her guardian had planned, the young lady parted from Kel's side to glide over to the Anna and Hans. As the princess was caught up allowing her shed tears to wet the prince's suit, Keladry made due with placing a comforting hand on her shoulder to show her support for the girl.

With her charge taken care of for the moment, Kel had her chance now to speak to Grishnu. Her steps were assured as her boots would echo on the ground and came to rest before the giant of a man, her head bowing in respect as she spoke, "Chief Grishnu, I... I know now is not a decent time to approach like this, but with the Black Knight's return imminent, I have no choice. Due to the Black Knight's own words, I feel that I should request that you stand as referee and judge our approaching duel... If that is quite alright."

"Here we go then."

To visit the Blacksmith for any tools or the general store for supplies. There was also an apothecary for medical supplies.​
Lorie Fisher
@Ringmaster @Others

Lorie had little supplies brought with her, just a few gold coins here and there, some herbs... And a little food that was supposed to last her the journey to Arandelle, and back, with not much left in reserve, for excursions such as this... Though she wasn't going to be needing much in the way of a weapon, as they had stopped at the hub, she quickly realized she would need to stock up on supplies, otherwise she would have a very slim chance of making the journey back. At the same time... Her thoughts drifted towards the potential mishaps they might suffer on their roads ahead; though her herbs may help remedy less severe ailments or injuries, she wondered if she should drop by the apothecary first, for some medical supplies?

Though this was, of course, a little new to her to purchase items like this... Lorie was quite aware that she really didn't have much of a choice in the matter, if she wanted to make sure things wouldn't get dire during their trip to the Soothsayers, she would have to "break out of her shell" as they say, and so, she did. With that, Lorie decided to enter the apothecary, though she was ginger as she opened the door, she tried to greet whoever was inside with the warmest smile she could muster, even if it was a little weaker than she'd hoped for.

Corrin wandered away once the ceremony was done, mainly to take a few minutes to collect herself as she tried to figure out what exactly she wanted to even do now. She'd stayed behind because she wanted to help, but... This sort of work wasn't her forte. She settled onto a dock farther down the pier and grumpily pulled her stupid, constricting shoes off and gave a vibrant sigh of relief as her toes were finally free. She gently settled her feet to just barely touch the water and shivered as the cold slipped upwards, but... it was still nice. Water was just calming to her, always had been. She now was pretty sure that had something to do with the whole dragon thing but... it was even moreso after she met Azura. Her eyes closed as she lazily drew swirls in the water and racked her brain.

Ok. So. She sent her ninja with the others to the north because she needed to send someone. But that also meant she didn't ahve her ninja, which meant no... well... however kaze did his ninja stuff to get information he always seemed to have. So that probably wasn't very smart. No, she could do this herself, she was sure of it! Some serious damage had already been done, but when she actually thought about it, it actually wasn't likely another assassination was coming, at least not soon. The daughters would be under super security now, probably right down to taste testers, so if they-... well, whoever they were- wanted the sisters dead, they'd missed their chance. So, if there was still going to be a problem... She ran her head through what was still going to happen here. As far as she knew, the only really big event remaining was the tournament. Which had some money for second place, and...

"...hrmm."

Her eyes snapped open and she hopped up to her feet to jog off as fast as was presentable in her funeral fineries, to try and find either Bishop, Stark or someone else who might know about Arendelle's past and legends. She of all people knew not to dismiss the old and forgotten
Bishop was currently away, traveling back even at that very moment after having escorted the party to the edge of the city outskirts. But Corrin would find someone else, in the form of an official(the selfsame one who had been taking down the names for the tournament). Having not met her, but judging from the quality of her funeral finery to be nobility, he was polite.

"Hello there. How may I be of service my lady?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
As the crowd dispersed and the well-wishers departed, Kel's eyes watched each individual closely as a hand upon her sword's grip. Any one of the many people around them could be the enemy, a whisperer carrying a blade coated in liquid death. Any one of them could wish ill intentions toward Elsa, Anna, or Keladry; any one of them could seek to hurt those she was sworn to protect, something that she would not allow.

Finally, after a few minutes of inspecting each of the well-wishers from afar as they departed, the knight finally felt safe to go about her own business, business that involved in the imposing and intimidating chief who had led the prayer.

"Lady Keladry, perhaps you ought to join Prince Hans in comforting Lady Anna..."

"I understand, Dame Kel... Though do be careful when the time for caution is required," With a nod to show her support for whatever her guardian had planned, the young lady parted from Kel's side to glide over to the Anna and Hans. As the princess was caught up allowing her shed tears to wet the prince's suit, Keladry made due with placing a comforting hand on her shoulder to show her support for the girl.

With her charge taken care of for the moment, Kel had her chance now to speak to Grishnu. Her steps were assured as her boots would echo on the ground and came to rest before the giant of a man, her head bowing in respect as she spoke, "Chief Grishnu, I... I know now is not a decent time to approach like this, but with the Black Knight's return imminent, I have no choice. Due to the Black Knight's own words, I feel that I should request that you stand as referee and judge our approaching duel... If that is quite alright."
Grishnu blinked in surprise at first, before chuckling aloud as he smiled fondly.

"Aye, the boy remembers? Very well then. I accept gracefully and in anticipation of the blows to come. But how do you feel, confronted with this? More famous knights I know of would be cautious...But you? I see fire."

He grinned.

"Did he rile ye up, that you would wear such anticipation on your face?"

@The Tactician
Lorie had little supplies brought with her, just a few gold coins here and there, some herbs... And a little food that was supposed to last her the journey to Arandelle, and back, with not much left in reserve, for excursions such as this... Though she wasn't going to be needing much in the way of a weapon, as they had stopped at the hub, she quickly realized she would need to stock up on supplies, otherwise she would have a very slim chance of making the journey back. At the same time... Her thoughts drifted towards the potential mishaps they might suffer on their roads ahead; though her herbs may help remedy less severe ailments or injuries, she wondered if she should drop by the apothecary first, for some medical supplies?

Though this was, of course, a little new to her to purchase items like this... Lorie was quite aware that she really didn't have much of a choice in the matter, if she wanted to make sure things wouldn't get dire during their trip to the Soothsayers, she would have to "break out of her shell" as they say, and so, she did. With that, Lorie decided to enter the apothecary, though she was ginger as she opened the door, she tried to greet whoever was inside with the warmest smile she could muster, even if it was a little weaker than she'd hoped for.
"Psst. Lorie."

It was Severus.

Still hooded, he glanced back and forth and swept back his covering before flashing the magus a charming smile as he raised a finger.

"I know what you might say and just so we can forestall any....Unnecessary remarks, let it be known that I have no intention of returning and to remain, I need help. Yours."

He beamed.

"Any questions? Oh, and I brought her with me."

He pulled back the cloak and pulled out the lantern in hand with a flourish.

@york @Gummi Bunnies

Bishop was currently away, traveling back even at that very moment after having escorted the party to the edge of the city outskirts. But Corrin would find someone else, in the form of an official(the selfsame one who had been taking down the names for the tournament). Having not met her, but judging from the quality of her funeral finery to be nobility, he was polite.

"Hello there. How may I be of service my lady?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Grishnu blinked in surprise at first, before chuckling aloud as he smiled fondly.

"Aye, the boy remembers? Very well then. I accept gracefully and in anticipation of the blows to come. But how do you feel, confronted with this? More famous knights I know of would be cautious...But you? I see fire."

He grinned.

"Did he rile ye up, that you would wear such anticipation on your face?"

@The Tactician

"Psst. Lorie."

It was Severus.

Still hooded, he glanced back and forth and swept back his covering before flashing the magus a charming smile as he raised a finger.

"I know what you might say and just so we can forestall any....Unnecessary remarks, let it be known that I have no intention of returning and to remain, I need help. Yours."

He beamed.

"Any questions? Oh, and I brought her with me."

He pulled back the cloak and pulled out the lantern in hand with a flourish.

@york @Gummi Bunnies

"Rile me up? If terrorize the citizens of proud Arendelle on the most tragic night they have certainly seen in many years is how riling is done, then yes, he very much did so," Keladry assured with a righteous conviction in her heart, "Chief Grishnu, my duties as a paladin are to protect those many who are unable to protect themselves and to vanquish the evil that attempts to seed the world with discord. In this case, I will take absolute pleasure in fulfilling the oaths that I swore."

Status
Not open for further replies.