2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, & Romance
340520090e8ca9844ad86301f755e08f.jpg

"And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered." -Genesis 7:19

It was the year 2053 when the Great Deluge came. It began with days of endless rain worldwide, followed by colossal waves that brought ruin to the eastern seaboard. Hurricanes, typhoons, tsunamis, earthquakes; these natural disasters occurred more frequently and more brutally than ever before. Global warming had finally taken its toll upon the planet. The world had been submerged by a new global flood.

The survivors retreated into the cities, taking residence in the abandoned skyscrapers that once proclaimed man's dominance. They take shelter in the ruins of a more prosperous civilization. Within this new environment, evolution has transformed various species in ways previously thought impossible, largely thanks to extreme pollution. Sea monsters have taken their place on the map once more.

New York City, though reclaimed by the waves, is among the last vestiges of humanity. Society is shaken, but not destroyed. The city is mired in violence between differing factions, each vying for control over the limited resources held by the other. Reasons to hope are dwindling with each passing day. However, a glimmer of a brighter future remains to be found.

Out of the city's boroughs, Brooklyn stands as neutral territory. It is rumored that an abandoned warehouse holds the key to man's salvation. Only the whispering elites know what it truly is, and soon the area is befallen by scavengers. The race for dominance has only started.

What is this roleplay?
First off, thank you for taking the time to read this. Hopefully I can catch your interest in a survival RP that has a drastically different setting than most. Characters can have a wide range of motivations, from serving the goals of the warring factions to keeping what little they have from looters. Some may choose to stay neutral in the larger conflict at hand, some may explore the desolate cityscape and its secrets underwater, or even turn a profit as a scavenger or merchant. The choice is yours.

One aspect that I'd like to share with you is the world itself. From modified boats/ships to mutated life forms, there is a lot of potential in crafting something unique. This RP was inspired, believe it or not, by a set of dioramas that portray cities stricken with apocalyptic floods.
3.png

20171117011556ec0s.png

201711170115417aas.png

Reactions: Rads and Bone2pick
I love it, but I don't really have a lot of time.
I'll see what I can do, for now, count me in!

• Love
Reactions: Legens Legentis
I love it, but I don't really have a lot of time.
I'll see what I can do, for now, count me in!
Don't worry, it'll take some time before this gets running.

Reactions: Magic
I'm interested!

Edit: also if you have any ideas in mind already for collab characters I'm down for that too

Last edited:
  • Love
What par length

• Love
Im interested.

• Love
What par length
Paragraphs? 3-8 sentences seems to be the average.

In other news, I'm delighted to see so much interest here.

I'll give this a go

• Love
I'm thinking of being an ex merc turned manic, i could work with someone in another life of work such a boat owner etc if people are up for that

Reactions: Wolverbells
OH yes people are showing interesting :D That is great. Does anyone wanna colab and make like a sibling or friend character of mine?

Reactions: Wolverbells
I'm also interested, and love the idea of collaborating with character creation!

Edit: The first idea that came to mind was a diver-for-hire / treasure-hunter sort of character. However, I'm not necessarily sold on anything yet, so we'll see where this goes. (>.<)

I'm also interested, and love the idea of collaborating with character creation!

Edit: The first idea that came to mind was a diver-for-hire / treasure-hunter sort of character. However, I'm not necessarily sold on anything yet, so we'll see where this goes. (>.<)
I will probably make more then one character I am not sure if you want to too. Maybe with the treasure-hunter idea, they are partners in their job? Or maybe rivals trying to find the same score. Maybe they have a love/hate relationship or something.

• Love
Reactions: Calypso Major
I will probably make more then one character I am not sure if you want to too. Maybe with the treasure-hunter idea, they are partners in their job? Or maybe rivals trying to find the same score. Maybe they have a love/hate relationship or something.
That sounds like fun! Maybe, if they're rivals, there's a reason the two of them are always hired for the same job, and through the (friendly?) competition manage to create an odd sort of friendship? I can send a DM your way, if preferred.

• Love