The Golden Age (Superhero Roleplay OCC & Sign Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush Almighty

I Will Kill Yuji Itadori Myself
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
28:21 to 25:30
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, Magic.
Intro

"The Golden Age, That's what the new generation of superheroes deem it. We just called it the 40's, The first boom of Superheroes(and Villains) appeared around that time. The boom was World wide but mostly in America, The cultural melting pot. The spike in superpowered individuals was sometime at the beginning of the world war 2. I remember hearing about the terrifying things that came to light once the fighting was over. The Nazi War Machines, Super Soldiers, Death Camps and other atrocities committed by the Axis forces. America its self isn't excluded from these atrocities sadly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, A means to a end. It was a different time back then, No cellphones, internet or video games the kids seem to love so much. It was a simple time even with men that could fly and rip metal apart like card board with there bare hands. Now I won't lie to you, At that point in time in America had it's social problems, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and more. Society wasn't so accepted back then, People were excepted to stay in there place. This was the Golden Age, The push that was needed to make a change."

CHARACTER SHEET

(Real or Realistic Art only.)

Name
(Full Name.)

Alias
(Superhero Name and nicknames.)

Race
(You may include Ethnicity as well.)

Sexuality

Personality
(1 Paragraph at least. Try to include strongly held views of your character.)

Interest

Power(s)
(Limited to 3 and Include if your powers are Magical, Technological or Biological.)

Skills

Equipment

History
(At least 2 Paragraphs and Include how you obtain your powers.)

Other

City
716.jpg

Geld City is where this story will start from. This city is the most technologically advance city in America. Do not be surprised of seeing out of placed like AC, Colored TV and other such minor things like robots. Geld is a very affluent city shown throughout the city, With that said Geld of course has it's slums. The Slums can range to Poor, broke down and completely horrendous as if these people never left the depression. This city has many farms and small town on route to it. This city is located east coast of America and has it's own bay with boat from all around the world docked in it. Geld is located in NC, North Carolina.

Rules:
1. Don't be a jerk, Just at least try.
2. Decent grammar skills
3. No one-liners please or two,three or fours. All I ask is a paragraph if you're lazy.
4. You are limited to the number of character you can handle.
5. 5.Be prepared for topics such as Racism, Segregation, Sexism and Homophobia and other related topics of discrimination.
6. I am God GM and can add rules and change them as I please.
7. Have fun, We're Superheroes!

The Setting
07/01/1948 on a Wednesday​

HEROS
  • Veronica Fox, 30 yo. (Vixen) - Illusions, Superhuman Senses/Reflexes.
  • Earl Maxson, 17 yo. (Sonorous) - Sound Control.
  • Ivy Little, 28 yo. (Alley Cat) - Shadow Camouflage & Manipulation.
  • Harry Himura, 30 yo. (The Setting Sun) - Our Friendly Neighborhood Ninja Samurai Batman.
  • CarnelIan Douglass, 20 yo. (Black Flag) - Magic/Technology Abilities.
  • Emilie Sabra Jameson, 16 yo. (Tarot) - Cartokinesis, Cartomancy.
  • Witticism "Wit" Tenant (Gone Girl) - Luck, Ice generation/Temperature control, Intimidation.
  • Scott Stone "Lucas Well" (Aeros) - Flight, Enhance Reflexes.
VILLAIN
  • Adalberto Serpico, 29 yo. (Poison Prince) - Poison Body, Breath, Immunity.
  • Sadie Rosemary, 23 yo. (Fire Ice) - Fire Manipulation/Resistance, Telepath.
WILDCARDS/Antivillians/Antihero
  • Nathaniel Stone, 20 yo. (Siphon) - Power Absorption, Flight.
  • Thomas Frey, 24 yo. (The Chameleon) - Atom Control, Invisibility, Stealth.
  • Holly Mason, 20 yo. (The Silver Dragon) - Siren/Mermaid: Sonar Skills, Water Manipulation, Xenolinquist.
  • Elaine Michaelis, 22 yo. (Switchblade) - Energy Blast, Phasing, Technopathy.
  • Leone Kyvak, 32 yo. (Kot) - Aggression, Feline Adaptation & Skills.
  • Dashiell Vincent, 21 yo. (Silver Witch) - Telekinesis, Lucid Manipulation, Energy Burst.

Last edited:
@Boss Megu Him being a villain is going to make it all the more interesting. ;D

Reactions: Boss Megu
@Boss Megu Him being a villain is going to make it all the more interesting. ;D
;D Oh yeah~ Plus his picture makes him really nice and innocent-like. Adalberto totally would flirt with him if he saw him in the streets as a civilian, even though he doesn't know that this kid is one he's looking for. I like where this is going! ( ^ o ^) b

EDIT: ALSO, THAT IS AN ADORABLE KITTY-DRACO. May I have him please! /shot

EDIT EDIT: @Merlin, maybe it's just me, but were you aware that your post for Evan is all html codes? It's kinda hard to read. >.>;;

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Mysty
@Boss Megu oh man this is gonna be great. I'd like to see the look on his face when he realizes that the cute kid on the streets is actually the Silver Witch. xD

YOU LIKE KITTY DRACOS. I LIKE YOU.

oh man this is gonna be great. I'd like to see the look on his face when he realizes that the cute kid on the streets is actually the Silver Witch. xD
Adalberto will freak. Inwardly, because he likes to pretend he's unflappable. XXDDD But he's inwardly going, NO WAY!fajsdhfajhds You're such a cute kid! That kind of feeling. xDD
YOU LIKE KITTY DRACOS. I LIKE YOU.
WHO DOESN'T LIKE KITTY DRACO?! I'm in Slytherin to pamper the KITTY DRACO! /shot

The wall of codes happened to me too. Seems it's a random forum-wide glitch

@Boss Megu ooohh boy I can't wait for this to start just so this can go down. While Adalberto is inwardly screaming, Dashiell is probably outwardly screaming enough for the both of them. xD

DRACO IS MY LIL CINNABON <33

Dropping a CS for review and possible acceptance.

I'm going to make Japanese!Ninja!Samurai!Golden Age!Batman.

CHARACTER SHEET

krDQuoP.jpg

wandering_samurai_ii_x4_by_yume_ninja-d46upnx.jpg

Name

Harry Himura (Hero)

Alias

The Setting Sun

12/11/1918

Male

Race

Half-American, Half-Japanese

Sexuality

Heterosexual

Personality

Harry Himura was a stern man with deeply-held values concerning family and community. He came to America to start a new life, only for the war to pit many of his new neighbors against his people. He used his wealth and influence to make life easier for his fellow Japanese where he could, but he silently railed against the injustices heaped upon his race in the post-war years.

Interest

Martial arts, swordsmanship

Power(s)/Skills

Martial Arts Master (Biological): Harry grew up learning his family's karate style, which incorporated strikes, locks, grapples, pressure point techniques, and a variety of weapons. Though the style taught knife, stick, staff, tonfa, and others, Harry was most proficient in the sword.

Athletics (Biological): As part of his martial arts training, Harry possessed above-average physical strength, agility, balance, and endurance.

Stealth (Biological): As part of his martial arts training, Harry became quite proficient at moving in stealth and silence.

Equipment

Monohoshizao: This large nodachi was supposedly wielded by one of Musashi Miyamoto's rivals. It was passed down within Harry's family for generations. No one was entirely certain if the sword was, in fact, the fabled blade of Sasaki Kojirou.

History

Harry Himura was the first in the Himura family to be born of a foreign woman. His father fell in love with an American girl and expanded the family's mercantile industry to the United States to stay with his new wife and son. Harry's father's choice of spouse was met with contempt by the majority of the Himura clan as well as his mother's own American family. Unsurprisingly, Harry grew up torn between two worlds...with the aftermath of two World Wars only adding to the strain.

As a small turn of fortune, the Himura family was quite wealthy, even in the United States, and Harry grew up studying in the best boarding schools while still learning the ways of the family business...and the family's martial arts. Legend held that the Himuras are actually descended from Musashi Miyamoto's rival, Sasaki Kojirou, though no one ever verified the claim. Nevertheless, the Himura style of karate was an important part of raising each generation, even a half-white, half-Japanese heir.

As an adult, Harry was groomed to take over the Himura Corporation's Stateside holdings, despite the vocal complaints of his more conservative extended family members. It was in this role that Harry received exposure to the Americans' treatment of the Japanese. During the war, Harry spent countless dollars to relocate Japanese-Americans from internment camps and to rescue anti-Imperialistic Japanese from Axis territories. In the post-war years, he continued to fund efforts to curtail hate crimes directed toward Japanese-Americans. By and large, his efforts were met with failure.

Then, one day, he looked upon the family's heirloom sword, Monohoshizao. Legend held it belonged to the family's patron, Sasaki Kojirou. In life, Kojirou used it to challenge one of the greatest swordsmen in history. Harry Himura decided then and there to use the blade for a different, but no less fierce, challenge: to fight against his people's oppression.

The vigilante known as the Setting Sun was born.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mysty, I bet he'd tots like Adalberto cuz he's a bad boy. ;) wink wink nudge nudge

Kitty Draco is adorbs. Look at that pouty face! XDD

@Razilin, doesn't that picture look a little old for a 29 year old? Not that I mind, it's a really cool picture. For one second, I thought you were writing in a yakuza boss. XD

@Razilin, doesn't that picture look a little old for a 29 year old? Not that I mind, it's a really cool picture. For one second, I thought you were writing in a yakuza boss. XD
that's Toshiro Mifune in his thirties, so it'd be age appropriate.

added a costume pic, too.

because someone here needs to have a nice hat.

that's Toshiro Mifune in his thirties, so it'd be age appropriate.
Oh, I didn't recognize it. :/ I'm just prolly used to the sparkly 30+ year old japanese boy bands. :P
added a costume pic, too.
because someone here needs to have a nice hat.
Of course, everyone needs a nice hat. Adalberto would totally want to steal that hat. /shot

Reactions: Razilin
@Boss Megu like I said, Dashiell is attracted to confidence. The addition of the bad boy thing is just gonna make it all the more interesting. ;)
oh no I ship it already. xD

His father will hear about this. xD

Lol. I just hope that my little Leo gets accepted...

like I said, Dashiell is attracted to confidence. The addition of the bad boy thing is just gonna make it all the more interesting. ;)
oh no I ship it already. xD

His father will hear about this. xD
Ooooh, Adalberto's going to use that to his advantage. ;)

H-his father? I-is he part fae? :3

Lol. I just hope that my little Leo gets accepted...
@Merlin will get that sorted. :)

I'm so upset, My post looks nothing like it was. What kind of evil glitch is this!

@Razilin my chara will definitely seek yours out! Hope you won't mind the "teach me sensei" thing!

@Merlin I've seen only three posts (mine, yours and one more) become like this. Should've told a mod but. Ack!

Reactions: Razilin
Status
Not open for further replies.