The Goddess Power

Takuya looked back at Seray and tilted his head a bit. She seemed like she was afraid, but there was no reason to be afraid. The cave may have had a few spiders and maybe a couple of rats, but they didn't bother anyone. Strange, she seemed so hyped up about it a moment ago and that changed instantly. He was wondering what struck and broke her nerves. There was still thoughts about the woman lingering in his memory, but as of now, he needed to find out whayt was wrong with Seray. Takuya let her hand go and turned back to Seray.

"What is wrong with you all of a sudden, Seray. Are you not feeling good?" He said, looking at her. There was a chilling feeling that started to creep up on Takuya. Something like ice, except it wasn't ice. It slowly built up, then faded away. That was strange to say in the least, that a feeling like that would come, and then just disappear. He shook his head and focused his attention back on Seray. "Seray, I am sure you will be"

Come to me now, boy. It is now time for you to fulfill your destiny and revive my. Hurry up! I don't have all day, human!

Takuya's eyes went into a hypnotized tone and he turned away from Seray and walked through the bushes leading to the cave. His arms fell limp and he walked towards the entrance of the cave and stopped.

"Good, now come inside and make your way to the center of the cave, boy"

Takuya did as he said and walked inside the cave, leaving Seray outside.

Frowning as Takuya asked if she was feeling well, Seray just shook her head. He had to get out of there, she was sure of it. Something about this whole situation made her queasy. She did relax a bit, however, as he began coming back out to her. Giving him a tentative smile, she was about to explain that something felt weird when he stopped mid-sentence and his eyes seemed to glaze over. She bit her lower lip anxiously and stepped closer to him, but he had already turned away and was walking back through the bushes as if he had forgotten her protest.

"Takuya! Please, don't," she pleaded, but he was gone. She looked around, but of course nobody else was nearby. Fidgeting a bit, she finally sighed and chased after him. She got as close as the cave entrance before she was forced to stop. It was as if she just could NOT get any closer. She fell back a few steps and ran her hands through her hair, worried about Takuya more than anything in the world. "Takuya?" she called out, desperate.

She was about to yell out to him again when something caught her attention. It was a glint through the trees, as if off something that shone. She turned toward it and began to walk. How long she followed it, she wasn't sure. Whenever she got close, it would dart ahead and she would lose it for several hundred feet until it appeared again. Over a mile at least, likely a few. She finally stopped deep in the woods and made her way over to a quiet brook. Peering in the water, she stared at her reflection. It was her, but she wasn't alone. There was a girl standing behind her - only, when she turned to look, there was nobody there. It was the same girl from the bathroom mirror earlier.

"Seray, I've been waiting for you.."

Reactions: 1 person
Takuya's mind and body were in two different departments. His mind said to stop, but his body rejected his commands, He was like a zombie with a perfectly fine brain. The cave looked old and decayed. Mold lined along the walls and water dripped, making puddles in various spots. Takuya turned left and walked through a cracked wall that masked a path in which he stepped on. The path was dusty, almost as if it were dirt. Takuya could hear the voice faintly speaking out to him. Speaking things in which he could not clearly hear.

There was a door that stood before him now and he pushed it open. A swoosh of wind brushed his hair upward and passed him. The voice beckoned him to walk inside and he did so. He walked to the center of the cave and stood in the same place he did as a kid. Instantly, the center of the cave emitted a bright light. The light lit up the cave in a bright flash and a woman appeared before him. Although, at the moment, she was blurred.

Seray stared in shock at the girl in the water, amazed by the odd phenomenon. She started to back away, but then the girl had spoken and said her name. Her voice was oddly echoing as if it existed only in Seray's mind. She blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes to be certain that it wasn't a hallucination, then continued with her staring. The other girl seemed amused, tilting her head a fraction.

"Seray, it's time that you understood what you are here for. Come, dip your hand in the water and I will open your mind," the girl instructed. Seray hesitated. A person who wasn't really there was telling her to put her hand in a brook that was probably ice cold since it ran straight down from the mountain. Then again, what did she honestly have to lose? Nobody was around to see her acting crazy.

She took a steadying breath, then leaned down and traced her fingertips across the shining surface of the water. A pale hand reached out and latched on to her wrist, startling her enough to cry out for half a second before she hit the water. It was deeper than she had expected, somehow, even though just moments ago she had seen the bottom. She was completely submerged and fighting against whatever was dragging her down, gasping in shock and inhaling water. However, as she began to lose consciousness, understanding flooded her.

She knew that she held a power that was trying to be taken away. Now she understood that she was created for a higher purpose, to protect this power. She knew that she had a job. But most of all, she knew that she had to avoid getting close to anybody. The image of Takuya's face flashed across her thoughts and she felt some sort of foreboding that she didn't understand, but the girl didn't explain it.

She passed out before she could focus more on it, awakening over an hour later half in the water and half on the bank. Feeling ice cold and aching from laying on rocks and dirt, she pulled herself up out of the water and started brushing herself off. That was when she noticed that she wasn't wearing the same thing as before. Startled, she went back over to the bank and peered down at her reflection. Her orange tinted eyes were gone, leaving a soft lilac iris behind. She still had her white hair, but it was longer and had lost its curls. An odd red marking on her forehead faded and vanished as soon as she looked at it, causing her to blink. She glanced down at her body and saw that her makeshift clothes had been wrapped in a red ribbon that was covered in a language she didn't recognize. Golden armbands on her upper arms gave her a weight that was unfamiliar. After a few moments, she realized that she looked like the girl she had been staring at.

She turned and saw a silken wrap that was white and covered in a swirling design. Since she was shivering and dripping wet, she went and picked it up, only to discover that the swirls were more of the language that she didn't understand. She wrapped herself in it anyway and tried to understand, beyond bewildered as she started trudging her way through the woods in an attempt to find her way back home.

tumblr_lz2tfmowsc1r9h3v6o1_500_large.jpg

The voice was dark and it made Takuya's body shake. He still could not speak, only look as the figure slowly built into a form. He was still trying to resist the temptation, although his face showed no signs of it. Takuya's body moved a little closer to the figure and a shadowy hand touched his face gently. What seemed to give the image of a face, leaned in and whispered something in his ear that he couldn't quite make out. The cave fell into a darkness shortly afterwards. It left nothing but the figure and him. It leaned away and lets its fingertips trail underneath his chin. They was a flash of blue, then red and then black rested before his eyes again. Takuya tried to move again. His left fingers wiggled a bit, then he moved his arm. It was long after that he had gained full control of his body.

Takuya was furious by what was going on and he wanted answers. Someone or something had taken control of him and. Now that he looked around, there was still nothing but the darkness lingering around. Above him hung a strange chandelier. It had the markings of a white bird and black bird. The two birds seemed to be battling. They both were badly damaged from battle, as feathers fell from their wings and floated downward. Takuya continued to study it and took a step forward. The light that surrounded him turned to a crimson red and the moment Takuya stepped on on of the edges of the barrier, something like a heartbeat sounded loudly. He was hit with a shock wave that felt like someone had stabbed him. His head shot up in pain and he could not scream.

Something was awakening inside him. Something that was fighting to break free. Te heartbeat was louder this time and it sped up. First, he thought that it was his own heartbeat, but it was normal. No, this was another heartbeat, as if someone or something was living inside him as well. The cave turned to a white color and the pictures of two woman appeared.

One seemed more dark with eyes that seemed to pierce the night.

While the other seemed peaceful with a soft aura.

The images faded away and the image of the two fighting showed. Their wings were torn from battle and the each seemed as if they were at their ends. Just as they charged each other for the final time, the image vanished a second before they clashed. A dark mist built above his head and a voice as cold as ice began to speak, "Now, is the time to awaken the darkness in your heart, Takuya. It is time you take your place at my side as my servant and help me rid myself of that dreadful Goddess, Carina."

Takuya listened as the voice as it spoke. He had no idea what was going on and it was getting stranger by the minute. He was hearing things, or so he thought. One thing was clear though, the black mist that was manifesting above his head was real and something inside him was fighting. "Just what the hell are you!? What do you mean, be your servant? I refuse to listen to anything that a voice tells me to do!" He shouted in return. The black mist formed together and a woman slowly began to appear before his eyes. Takuya's eyes eiden as a woman floated high above him, with black wings and a black dress. She held a crimson red sword in her left hand. Her eyes were as red as the sword and her hair covered her left eye. She held out her right hand, palm facing Takuya and said, "awaken now." A force of power shot throughout Takuya's body and he yelled out at the top of his lungs.

His body pulsated and the heartbeat picked up faster this time. His body shook and his arms hung loosely behind him as he floated upward, his body changing with every second. He closed his eyes as his body completely transformed.

cover_t2_by_syrkell-d4o06l4.jpg

(Imagine him without the spear.)

His personality had changed as well. He had become much darker and more colder.

Seray got lost almost immediately, unable to remember which way she had gone to get there. There were no landmarks that she recognized since she usually went the other way on her walks through the woods, and she didn't see Takuya or the cave anywhere. She felt odd whenever she thought about Takuya, as if there was something wrong with him. Was he hurt? She honestly didn't know, and it was starting to cause her some serious anxiety as she worried. Looking all around through the trees, she finally stopped and took a seat on a half rotted log.

"I don't understand.. What am I supposed to do?" she murmured to herself, resting her chin in her hands dejectedly. She was still wet and cold, trying to decide where to go. Could she really go back to Takuya's? What if something was wrong? She looked different, he might not know her anymore. The thought caused her a great, painful sadness. No matter what happened, she would love him. She knew that for sure.

Takuya knelled on his left knee before the woamn and she floated down and stood beofre him. A smile crept across her lips, as she looked down at him with her crimson eyes. The sign of pleasure was written on her face. The pleasure of easily being able to manipulate such a weak and feeble human such as Takuya. He was always known for having a strong will and never bending to what anyone said, but she was far beyond any human. She was a goddess. She placed her right palm under his chin and raised his head up to look at her.

"You are such a good little servant, Takuya. Perhaps, after we've finished with my plan," she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his right ear, "I may have other needs for you, my little pet."A slight, deep chuckle escaped her lips and she leaned back up. Takuya did not respond, only stayed in his place and watched her, his eyes trailing behind her as she walked off with a twist, stopping just a few feet away. She raised her hand and the darkenes of the room vanished. The cave was normal once again and everything was calm. Takuya stood up and turned away from her. "I shall go now, my goddess." He said softly, before heading back towards the entrance of the cave. While he walked, his wings disappeared and he stepped out into the open and stood in his place.

He closed his eyes and opened them again as they turned red, he could feel the power of Seray close by and the darkness inside him began to stir up.

Seray just sat there, thinking. Her mother would never take her back now that she had been gone so long, and she couldn't ask Elaine to take her in if Takuya didn't want her there. She couldn't explain why, but she jus knew that he wasn't going to want her around now. Tears welled up in her eyes and she looked down at her hands in sorrow, but then she heard a foostep. She looked up, certain that it was Takuya even though she couldn't see him yet and had no reason to be so sure it was him.

"Takuya?" she called out, standing up off the log. She wrung out her dress and started wandering absently through the trees, knowing that she was either going to run into him or find her way back out of this forest eventually.

Takuya walked in her direction, crushing a few twigs beneath his feet. He could feel Seray's power growing stronger as he got closer to her. Takuya's darkness began to build inside of him and grow in resonance to hers. It was like a battle of their powers. He felt as if time around him slowed and he was moving in an alternate dimension. It sounded as if droplets of water were falling and he breathed in slightly. Takuya could hear Seray calling his name. "Takuya?....That's...my name....." He placed a hand on his forehead and leaned against a tree.

His head was thumping like a drum and he dreaded the pain. He could hear the woman's voice from before and she was telling him things that he could not hear. Takuya grunted and dropped to his knees grabbing his head in pain and yelling out.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Still holding the wrap around herself since she was still pretty much soaked and dripping, Seray continued to walk along. There was something.. wrong, in the direction that she thought Takuya was in. It just felt bad. After a few moments, she realized that it was the same feeling she had gotten when she was following him - it was just magnified now. She paused in her steps uncertainly and looked around. It'd be easy to avoid the area and just go back home, but.. She felt as though Takuya was somewhere in the space that she really didn't want to go.

"Hmm.." she mused to herself, unable to make a decision until she heard a shout of pain that could only belong to Takuya. Not even thinking anymore, she ran through the trees into the awful feeling space and soon appeared at his side. He was down on his knees and holding his head as if he had a migraine, but she had never seen him act like this. "Takuya, what happened?! Are you hurt?" she asked anxiously, kneeling beside him even though it went against her every instinct to do so.

Takuya's body began to pulsate more and he shook like a leaf. "W-what's g-going on???" His constantly heard the woman's voice in his head. He grabbed his head and grunted a bit. It felt like a hammer was cracking against the side of his head. His parted his lips as he breathed in and out. He opened his eyes as the sound of Seray's voice echoed into his ear. He looked up at Seray and he relaxed slightly. But, that eerie...That eerie feeling that he felt from her was so....intoxicating. It made him feel almost sick. Takuya reached up to her slowly, "S-seray...." He said shakily.

Seray frowned worriedly as Takuya reached for her, but she didn't hesitate. She slid forward and wrapped her arms firmly around him. The second that they made contact, she felt something very strange. It was like a warning sounding deep in her mind, a shrill alarm that was yelling at her to get away from him before.. Before what? He would never do anything to hurt her so why was she feeling this way? It was Takuya, not some crazy stranger. She pushed away the anxiety and just held him tight, not understanding what was going on today.

"I don't know what's going on, Takuya, but I'm not going to leave you. I promise. We should go home," she said quietly, not wanting to stay here in the woods any longer. It'd be dark soon, and then they'd be even worse off. She drew back from Takuya a little bit, gazing at him and scanning his expression to try and figure out what he needed.

Look boy, I don't have the time to mess around right now. Get away from that girl right now! OBEY ME!

Takuya's eyes shot open like a bullet. It was that voice again, running in his head. It was telling him to get away from Seray. What the hell was happening to him. Here he was in the girl of hisdreams arms and there was something trying to keep him away from her. His body was shaking and his vision was blurring. Seray's voice rung in his ear, but it wasn't enough. The strange darkness that lingered within him had a tight grip on him. It controlled all of his actions, where his mind was rebellious. The mind, however, the mind was like a child that had no strength over the lingering darkness. Takuya's face turned to a pained one. The realization that he could never be with Seray this way again was too much.

I said.....GET AWAY FROM HER NOW!!!!!

Takuya sputtered and groaned in pain, "S-seray, get out of here, now!!! RUN!" He pushed Seray away and he remained on his knees, he grabbed his head as his eyes widened and he shook, his breathing became heavy. "GUAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" He screamed out, as his head shoot up. He closed his eyes as a black miasma-like wave spun around him. He opened his eyes again and they flashed red multiple times before finally remaining red, "Seray....r-run! Get out of here I don't want you to....be...in...danger...GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" The wave picked up and finally it dispersed and Takuya's arms dropped from his head to the ground limply. He sat in his place, looking up with lowered cold eyes at the sky, quietly.

Seray didn't understand why Takuya was staring at her with that shocked expression. It turned to pain and she frowned worriedly, rapidly getting more and more anxious that he might be ill. They both looked different now for some reason, but she barely gave that any thought. She cupped his cheek and was about to ask if he was okay and urge him to come with her and go back home, when he groaned and pushed her away.

"Takuya!" she exclaimed in surprise, falling over backward and staring at him. She frowned and shook her head. "I'm not leaving you here!" she said determinedly. She had promised him that she was going to stay with him and she wasn't going to break her word. Flinching as he screamed, her jaw dropped and she watched the odd blackness and the red in his eyes. What was going on?!

"I'm not in danger when I'm with you, Takuya, I t-trust you.." she said quietly. "I can't abandon you.. I love you.." she whispered shakily, waiting until he sat quietly. A bit fearful but refusing to give up, she crawled back over to him and laid a tentative hand on his arm, despite that voice in her mind begging her to turn and run away. "Takuya..?"

The dark aura continued to slip out like an ooze. The sounding heartbeat picked up and the pain intensified. Worst of all, Seray was not running as he had told her too. Why was she still here!? Damn it! She needed to go! That voice in his head, that voice that told him to do things, it was infuriating as well as seducing. He lowered his head and yelled more. It was so loud that he was sure that every and anyone nearby could have heard him. The aura spread at his knees, and then laid in a puddle. Takuya stood up slowly, while his bangs fell over his eyes. The sound of Seray's voice was really infuriating him.

Damn it, Seray. I told you to run.....

Takuya stopped screaming and everything suddenly quieted down. His hands lowered at his sides and he stood up slowly. The bangs covered his eyes like a shadow and stared down at her for the moment. He peered down at her coldly, before grabbing her by the neck and raising her up slowly, holding her eye level, just off the ground. "Die...." He said in a cold voice.

Seray stayed in place as Takuya screamed, though she wanted to flinch and run and hide. She didn't understand what was causing him so much pain, but she longed to help him, to take it away and soothe him again. Suddenly he stopped on his own, and the silence was a gentle relief. She looked up at him from her spot on her knees, watching him to be sure that he was alright.

She wasn't expecting him to bend and grab her by the throat. Squeaking, she squirmed and tried to pull his hand away, but by then he had her above the ground and she was struggling to breathe. The voice in her head was screaming, telling her to do something - anything! She couldn't believe that Takuya was doing this to her.. It couldn't be the real Takuya..

She held up a hand and seemingly out of nowhere there was a brilliant flash of white light followed by a shove. That's all she could describe it as. It ripped her out of Takuya's grasp and threw her backward onto the ground. She gasped and scrambled to her feet, taking off through the trees without looking back. The voice in her head kept coaxing her to keep running, warning her that Takuya would chase her - so she didn't stop. She just ran and ran, even though she was completely lost and likely going in circles.

The feeling of Seray's neck slowly cracking in his hand was pleasing him. The part of him that didn't care or love her. While the good side of him battled to stop the grip around her neck. But to no avail, he still held her by the neck. His piercing cold eyes staring right into her soft ones. He gritted his teeth and growled as he slowly tightened his grip. Reality was no longer with him, this world inside is mind was a made up one, tricking him into thinking that Seray was the evil one. His thoughts began twisting and making him believe that this young woman never desired to be his. All the memories of his mother, Seray and the people of his town slowly vanished as he held his lover by the neck.

Seray's muffled tone and gargle made him smile with a twisted look. The darkness forming on his arm and began to intensify, until a strange light blasted from Seray's body and temporarily shot his vision, loosing his grip in the process, while he shielded his eyes with his free hand. She slipped away from him and he could hear her footsteps trotting off in a direction in which he could not see at the moment. Takuya grunted once before the light vanished and he looked around his area.

Takuya lowered his hands at his sides, as the red glint in his eyes trailed in a small line as he looked around for Seray. Her power could be felt off into the distance. She wasn't very far off. Takuya turned to face the direction of the power source and slowly walked through the forest towards it, with a murderous look in his eyes.

It didn't take Seray very long to come to the conclusion that she had no idea where she was, and running was only going to get her more lost instead of leading her back to Takuya's house. She kept running for a little while after that, coming to a small stream. Slowing to a halt next to it, she stared at the water uneasily. It reminded her of her experiment before her party, when Takuya had caught her after falling in the stream, trying to teach herself not to be so terrified of the water. Someday she'd conquer her fear, but it wouldn't be today.

She looked all around behind her, listening as much as she could past her own labored breathing. He wasn't anywhere in sight and she couldn't hear him. She nodded to herself, relieved - she had lost him. Taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm down, she went and sat against a tree that was beside the stream. Leaning back against the smooth wood, she frowned to herself. She had never thought that Takuya would attack her, what was going on?

"We both changed.. but how?" she mused to herself in a soft murmur. She just didn't get it. Her mind had been silent for a while but now it was starting to scream at her again, urging her to get up and move before he found her. She ignored it, brushing the panicked voice aside. There was no point in running - she had lost him and he'd probably give up searching.

Takuya had lost track of Seray after a few more minutes. Even her power source could not be found. He stopped for a moment, fist balled at his sides and looked up. "Tch, I'll get you next time..." He said in a low tone, lowering his head back in front of him. Takuya walked over to a tree and leaned his back against it. He raised his hand up and stared at his palm. There was still that little part of him that tried to break freee of whatever was controlling him. Still, it was all in vein. the only thing on his mind now was to kill Seray, just as the mysterious woman had ordered him to do. He closed his eyes for a few moments. "So, this is who I am now. A cold killer with no love or sympathy towards anyone other than my master and myself. So be it then."' No, this isn't me saying that! I don't mean that! I love Seray and everyone else! This can't be happening!

The voice was drowned out as he opened his eyes and lowered his hand back at his side. Takuya was just about to take a step forward, when a swirl of black twisted in front of him. He stood firmly and lowered his eyes to a piercing gaze. When it dispersed, the woman in black appeared before him again. Only this time, she wasn't showing her wings.

She opened a portal and signaled for him to enter without saying a word. He did as she commanded and She walked in behind him, loooking back in the direction where Seray had ran, smirking before disappearing into the portal.

Takuya's mother walked out of her house after she had heard all the commotion. She could tell that it was Takuya yelling and got very worried. She walked along the side of the river and could see a person slowly coming into view. When she had gotten close enough, she gasped. "Seray!" She yelped as she ran to her side and knelled beside her. She looked Seray over and noticed that she had a change in appearance. "Child, what has happened to you?" She asked in a worried, shaky voice.

Seray sat there for a long time. Eventually the panicked voice ceased and seemed to understand that she didn't plan on moving and there was nobody around to be a threat. She heard a faint whisper in the back of her mind and frowned in confusion. It was almost calling to her. She sat up a little and looked off into the trees. A glint of light..

Suddenly Takuya's mother was there and Seray stared at her in blank confusion for a few moments. The older woman was obviously worried, but what was Seray going to say?

Sorry, I have no idea why I look different. Oh, by the way, your son tried to kill me and he looks different too. You're probably not safe.

Probably not a good idea to go with that..

"I don't know," she finally murmured, struggling up to her feet, feeling stiff after sitting still for so long after being so worked up. "I lost Takuya.. I don't know where he went.." she added, looking around uncertainly. Was Elaine in danger too?

Reactions: 1 person