The Goddess Power

Takuya drooped his head as he stood up. His mother must have loved seeing him squirm. He rubbed behind his head with his right hand and let out a sigh, closing his eyes. At least he was in the clear now, and his mother couldn't embarrass him anymore. The only person he had on his mind now was Seray. She was dealing with so much right now. Takuya looked over at her,as she apologized, opening his eyes. " You don't have to apologize for that Seray." He responded, lowering his hand as eh looked at her.

He watched as she went to the mirror and looked herself up and down in it. Takuya started to speak, but stopped when she asked him if he had anything to wear."Yes, let me get you something." He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a drawer next to Seray. Takuya pulled out a pair of white shorts and a pull-over blue t-shirt. He closed the drawer and stood upright, then looked at Seray."These might be a little big, but they will be comfortable enough to sleep in." He said, handing the clothes to Seray.

"I'll head outside the door so that you can change," Takuya turned away from Seray, and then made his way to the door. He walked out and closed it behind him, leaving Seray to her privacy.

Seray shrugged slightly and looked down as Takuya told her that she had no need to apologize, because she felt as though she did. All of those times that he had seen through her excuses and known that she was keeping the truth from him.. Didn't he deserve an apology for that? Of course he did. Regardless of whether he thought he wanted or needed one, she still wanted to give one to him. It hurt her deeply somehow to know that he had seen the pain that she thought she kept buried from view so well.

She was lost in thought until he replied to her request for a shirt, her eyes following his movements as he went and pulled open the drawer. Accepting them with a nod, she looked up at him and gave him a faint, forced smile. If it wasn't for Takuya, she honestly had no idea where she would be right now or what would be happening. She wondered if he realized that, but decided against telling him for now.

"Thank you," she said softly, then watched him walk out the door. As soon as it was shut, she pulled her slip off and tossed it in the corner with the awful dress that needed to be nothing but a pile of ash. She wiggled out of her bra as well, then pulled on the shirt he had given her. It was so large on her tiny frame that she didn't even need the shorts, but she pulled them on anyway to keep things from getting potentially awkward. They were a little big but not enough that they'd fall off just from her standing up. Nodding a bit, she walked to the door and pulled it open.

"I'm all set. Do you want me to step out so that you can change as well?" she asked quietly, looking up at him and failing an attempt to stifle a yawn. There was no denying it - she was beyond exhausted and wanted nothing more than to curl up in Takuya's arms and forget reality.

Takuya stood against the left wall next to his door, and then put his hands behind his head. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed. Who would have ever thought that he would be taking care of Seray. He had always thought about it, but they were on better terms than they were now. She deserved to be happy and he was going to do what he could to see to it. He closed his eyes for a moment and envisioned Seray standing before him. Her eyes were filed with happiness and she smiled. Takuya smiled as his eyes remained closed.

This is how he wanted to see her. He opened them as the door opened and Seray walked out. "Yes, I will-" Takuya stood up straight as he opened his eyes and turned to look at Seray. He blushed hard and his mouth opened slightly. Seray had changed into the clothes he had given her. The shirt was somewhat big and covered her lower regions as well, but she still wore the shorts. He shook his head and gulped a little, before walking over to her.

"Um, uh, yeah, I will change now. It will only take a few minutes." He grasped Seray's face in his palms and kissed her lips gently for a few seconds then broke the kiss. Takuya looked into her eyes and blushed, then smiled.

Seray rubbed her eyes tiredly as Takuya responded to her, so at first she didn't notice his reaction to how she looked now. When she did look up at him, she noticed the blush and it made her tilt her head slightly in confusion. Had she forgotten to put something on? She looked down at herself, but the shorts were still staying up for the most part and the shirt hadn't vanished or gotten a big hole in it, so she was at a loss for his reaction. She looked back up at him and watched him walk over to her, an amused smile touching her lips as he stuttered a little.

"What's wro-" she started to ask, before his lips stifled her words. She kissed him back immediately, wrapping her arms around him and holding him close until he pulled away. A soft blush colored her pale cheeks and she shook her head at him. "That's not going to help you get changed. Go on," she said, nudging him into the bedroom and pulling the door closed.

Once he was in there and she was certain he wasn't going to just open the door and protest, she slid down the wall and put her forehead on her knees. She had tried to stand up for herself like Takuya told her to do, but now what? Her mother was going to be furious and probably marry her off to Duke as soon as she got her hands back on Seray. She still couldn't remember what had happened earlier, so she had no idea just how angry her mother was going to be. Had Duke left already? Did he know that Seray was completely unwilling? Her mother had to have warned him.

Tears filled her eyes but she forced them away, not wanting Takuya to have to deal with her crying again. It was useless and weak of her to not just figure it out and get over it. Sitting up straight, she brushed the tears away and took a deep breath, relaxing as much as she could as she waited.

Takuya only looked into Seray's eyes now as he broke the kiss. She was blushing now as well and he could feel his heart racing. Seray stared at him, and mouthed a statement that he almost missed. " Yes, you are right, Seray." Soon after those words left his lips, he was pushed into the room and the door was closed behind him. Takuya stood in place and chuckled a little. Takuya looked around his room for a bit. He looked over to his dresser, and then over at his bed with a big blush.

He would be sleeping in the same bed with Seray. It wasn't an issue to do that. It was just the fact that they weren't little kids anymore. When they were kids, they would have sleepovers all the time. But, that was then and this was now. They were both attracted to each other and it would feel different now. Now, that he thought more on the subject, he was still surprised. Surprised that he had finally opened up to Seray on such a deep level. He had always thought that she saw him as more of a close friend, but she had the same feelings.

The thoughts still lingers in his mind as he changed out of his clothes into a pull over, plain white t-shirt and some shorts that stopped just above his knees. He walked to the door and opened it slowly, then stretched and yawned. "Sorry, that I kept you waiting, Seray."

Once her eyes were dry and she had wiped her cheeks dry as well, Seray climbed back to her feet and simply leaned back against the wall, her arms folded over her belly. Just as she was going to comment on how long Takuya was taking, the door opened. She straightened up with a small smile and turned to look him over, a surprised laugh leaving her for a moment.

"We match now," she pointed out, looking down at herself before looking at him. As he stretched, she tickled his belly a bit, then stepped into the room and shut the door behind her out of mere habit. She was so dreadfully exhausted, and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. That much she remembered from their sleepovers. Rubbing her eyes a bit, she took Takuya's hand with her free one and trudged over to the bed. She stopped at the side of it and looked up at him.

"I don't know if I dare to sleep, Takuya.. What if my mother shows up to take me home? What if Duke figures out I'm here and comes to take me away?" she asked softly, fearfully.

Seray looked at him with a happy expression as he stretched. After, she tickled his stomach and he laughed a little. It was such a warming feeling to see her smile like she did and he could't help but chuckle a little as well. He was a little tired but he paid no mind to it.

"Yes, you are right." He said, as he looked down at his attire. When she grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the bed, he suddenly felt his heart race and a blush burn his cheeks. She wasn't a little gril anymore and he wasn't a little boy anymore either. He was now more nervous if anything. He would be laying with Seray and holding her in his arms. Just as a boyfriend would do to his girlfriend, or husband did for his wife. But, they were neither of those, just friends who had grown up together.

But, the feelings they had for each other could give them the image, that they were on that level of love. Takuya shook his head as Seray had spoken. "Well, you shouldn't worry. I am sure that if that were true, she would have came by now." Takuya said softly as he looked out the window up at the full moon. On the night of a full moon, he would go to a place. It was a secret cave that held a hole in the ceiling, due to it collapsing in. Though it did, there was still a path left untouched.

He had discovered the cave as a child. When he and Seray would play hide-and-seek, he would hide in his cave so that Seray could not find him. One night, as they played, Takuya hid in his cave. He laughed and giggled to himself, as he listened to the sounds of Seray calling out for him and getting upset that she could not find him. The moon was full and the night air was crisp. Something, happened that Takuya could not imagine. He decided that he would venture further into the cave along the path.

Takuya hopped a little, and then sprinted, ending the journey deep within the heart of the cave. At first, it looked like just an ordinary cave. Until, a strange beam of light shot down into the cave and caused it to light up. What he had discovered, were some strange marking. He looked around at the designs and a platform that rested in the middle of the cave. He could hear a strange, yet soft voice tell him to step on the platform. Takuya looked around for a bit, before he did as he was told. But, when he stepped on the platform, he was surrounded with darkness. That is when he could hear the voice, but more darker now.

[GLOW=Blue]
So, you are the one who has obtained my power. This is pitiful,that a little brat such as you could harness my power. But, it seems that I have no choice, but to let you hold my power for now I have slept for a long time and soon, I will rise once more and take back my power. But, for now, I will use your body as a vessel to hold my power.
[/GLOW]
Takuya snapped from the memory and looked down at Seray. "We should rest, Seray."

Seray nodded slightly as he tried to ease her worries, knowing that he was probably right. If her mother intended on coming here to get her, she would have been here by now. But what if she was right and something had happened to her mother? Still she had problems remembering what had happened between herself and her mother before she was running here to Takuya's. She had done something terrible, she was sure of it. Maybe even now Duke was searching for her. He had no idea who Takuya was, it'd take him longer to find this place and think to knock to see if she was hiding inside.

Her thoughts made her tremble, and she bit her lip to keep from freaking out entirely. She saw that Takuya was gazing out the window, which made her turn slightly to see the full moon. Though she had always loved the moon, she favored the sun. She pushed her depressing thoughts aside and decided to focus on Takuya.

She looked back up at him and nodded as he said they should rest. He was right, of course. She climbed up on the bed and wiggled beneath the covers, then patted the spot next to her invitingly and gave him a slight smile.

"Come lay with me, Takuya," she said softly, the feeling of a pillow beneath her head really reminding her of how exhausted she was. A gentle yawn slipped from her lips and she settled in to the bed further, thoughts drifting about randomly.

Takuya blushed when Seray patted the spot next to her and asked him to join. He shook slightly but made his way over to the bed and climbed under the covers beside her. He could feel his heart thumping like a drum in his chest. Here he was again with Seray, sleeping together, just as they did as kids. But, as he had remembered, for the thirtieth time. They were no longer little. Takuay gazed at Seray, as he turned on his side to face her."Seray, you...um...you are such a beautiful girl. You are very close to me as well. I know I may sound selfish, but I really don't want them to take you away. I wish....I wish that things could be different."

Takuya closed his eyes for a few seconds, and then opened them back up and pulled Seray close to him. He rested her head on his chest with his left hand and pulled her closed, wrapping his right arm around her waist. He grew quiet now, letting her listen to his heartbeat. His mother opened the door quietly and looked inside. She blushed and smiled at the gesture of Takuya holding Seray. Elaine giggled softly to herself and mouth the words so adorable. She closed the door quietly then made her way to her room.

Takuya looked down at Seray and blushed."I love you so much, Seray." A single tear dropped from his left eye.

Seray smiled a little as Takuya joined her in the bed. It was so familiar to lay next to him, yet so very different. Things were more difficult now, for both of them. Reality had taken over where the innocence of childhood had left of. Tonight they were adults, but she couldn't help but feel that she was just as lost as she had been the last time that she slept in the same bed as Takuya, years ago, waking up from some monster nightmare. Those where the days - when all of your problems could be chased away with a little light and the help of a friend to make an impenetrable blanket fort.

She felt herself tearing up a little and forced back the urge to start crying again, telling herself to stop dreaming and face facts. Turning on her side to face Takuya, she gazed up at him and blushed faintly as he complimented her. There was no need to say that she wished the very same thing, which was good because she could only nod. Her throat felt closed with emotion, and when he pulled her close, she immediately wrapped an arm around him tightly and laid her head against his chest.

The steady thrum of his beating heart was a better lullaby than she could have possibly asked for. It calmed her in ways that struck her deeply, and before she knew it, her eyes were drifting closed. She didn't even hear the door open or close, but she did hear Takuya. His voice reverberated in his chest, mixing with the sound of his heart. She squeezed him slightly, half asleep already.

"I love you more, Takuya. Promise me that you'll marry me someday?" she asked softly, her words barely a murmur as she slipped into sleep before she could even hear his response.

Takuya only blushed when Seray's words rung in his ears. It was so much to take in all at once for him. The feelings, the touch and the beauty of Seray. It was more like a dream for him. He could feel his body shake once again, but not to much. He closed his eyes and held Seray tighter. He truly wanted to hold her forever. His lips parted, and he spoke gently. "Yes, I will marry you and take away all the sadness and pain, Seray." He stroked the back of her head gently and kissed her forehead.

"Seray I...I just want you to know that you are closer to me than anyone has ever been. At one point, I was so afraid to tell you how I felt. But now, I feel so many emotions that I cannot begin to explain. Its so hard to put it into words. Takuya placed his left finger under Seray's chin and lifted her head, so that their eyes could meet." Seray..." He said softly, gazing into her gentle, beautiful eyes.

Seray had drifted into a light sleep thanks to the gentle thrum of Takuya's heart, but as he kissed her forehead, she stirred once more back to a more wakeful state and opened her brilliant orange-tinted eyes. She squirmed slightly and listened as he told her about how he had felt, and she realized that she had never once suspected that he felt anything other than a mild friendship before he confessed earlier that day. It truly didn't seem fair, that they had loved each other for so long and hadn't realized it. She wondered what other emotions he felt that he was speaking of now.

She looked up at him as he lifted her head, giving him a soft smile. His expression, the way he looked right now even in the dim light of the room, just.. everything. It all formed this beautiful, perfect moment that she hoped dearly that she would remember forever. If things ever turned sour, or if for some reason she was sad, she'd at least have this memory of Takuya. She slid up a little until she was eye-level with him, sliding her hand up from his side to rest on his cheek.

"Takuya.." she murmured softly, stroking her slender fingers over his cheek slowly for just a moment before pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.

Takuya was really happy right now. He rested his chin on the top of Seray's head and sighed a little. He could somehow hear her heartbeat gently. Takuya looked down at Seray as she opened hers eyes. For the moment, he was thinking about what Seray had asked him. To be married to Seray, would be something quite amazing. Takuya's heartbeat settled down a little and he continued to stroke Seray's head. When Seray looked up at him and touched his cheek he blushed. His name left her lips gently as well.

But, before he could speak, Seray placed a kiss gently on his lips. Takuya blushed fiercely, but closed his eyes and kissed her back deeply.

Seray's mind did wander slightly as her lips first touched his. In that instant, she thought of what it would be like if everything had been different than how it was - how it would be if everything had gone how it should have in the first place. She thought of what it might have been like to have been courted by Takuya, to date him and be surprised by some sort of lovely proposal that her mother had already given permission for since her father had long since passed.

In a flash, her mind was filled by a stunning scene that she had never even dared imagine before. It was in the woods, in a clearing that was so covered in fallen leaves that it looked like carpeting. The autumn colors were a brilliant contrast against the white chairs set out in neat little rows, filled with people she knew and loved. At the far end of it all stood Takuya, dressed in his best and giving her a type of smile that she had only managed to coax from him a few times. It was her favorite, though she had never told him that out loud.

As soon as the scene had appeared, it vanished, and she realized Takuya was kissing her back. She smiled against his lips and slid her hand down from his cheek to rest against his chest, kissing him with a gentle, loving passion.

Reactions: 1 person
Takuay broke the kiss slowly and he could feel as if his body lightened more. It was such a passionate kiss shared between them. Although he did not want to break it, they could not be this way all night. He brushed her hair behind her ears and kissed her forehead, and then placed his forehead against hers. "Seray, there is a place I want to show you when we awake. I feel that it will help you as well. Takuya closed his eyes for a few moments and sighed.

He wished that he could just run away with her and start life away from all of the pain. He could only imagine how badly she wanted to stand up for herself. He removed his forehead and placed his chin on top of her head.

Seray smiled as Takuya broke the kiss, feeling as though there had been something shared with that simple, passionate kiss that they had not yet had between them. It was an odd feeling that soon dissolved, but still she smiled softly at him as he brushed her hair back and kissed her forehead. The gesture was extremely comforting, and she soon closed her eyes as his forehead pressed gently to hers. When he spoke, she opened her eyes once more and listened, nodding slightly. She would go anywhere with Takuya, she knew that for certain.

As he shifted up so that her head was tucked comfortably against his neck and chest, she yawned and closed her eyes yet again. This was starting to become her favorite place in the world - in his arms, listening to his heart and slowly drifting to sleep. Exhaustion was taking its toll fast, and she knew it wouldn't be long before she was lost in the lovely embrace of sleep.

"Goodnight, Takuya. I love you," she murmured with a slight smile, then fell asleep contentedly, her fears faded for the moment.

The sleep was slowly taking its effect on him. He could feel his eyes get heavy. Takuya looked down at Seray, who was yawning and cuddling closer to him. His heartbeat slowed a little and he gave a small smile. Seray was so adorable. It was as if they were still little kids as well. Takuya kissed her forehead again, then closed his eyes and laid back. The sleep had finally taken its toll and he couldn't fight anymore. He blushes seconds later, as Seray had told him that she loved him. " I-I love you too, Seray. Goodnight." He said in a soft tone. After a few minutes, he was quietly asleep.

Seray woke up several hours later, the bright morning light that filled the room making it easy for her to see that they hadn't moved at all during the night. Takuya still had his arms wrapped around her, and she was still all nestled into his chest. It was incredibly comfortable, and for a few minutes she didn't move. Her mind wandered in lazy circles, occasionally touching upon the dream she had last night. It was strange to say the least, but try as she might, she couldn't remember most of it. There had been a woman and a lot of light, and she recalled something about responsibilities or duties. Other than that, the dream slipped through her fingers faster than sand. Oh well, dreams weren't important, were they?

"Wake up, sleepyhead," she murmured to Takuya, prodding him a little in the belly with a soft smile.

Takuya was out like a light bulb and he had no intentions of waking up from his sleep. He was dreaming about himself eating a giant plate of pancakes. Stack after stack after stack of fluffy goodness. He devoured the pancakes in one gulp. After all, it was a dream, his dream, so it was possible. He smiled and continued ot eat more as they constantly appeared. It only became better when he saw who it was serving it. Seray, was lingering over him with a smile. He took his head away from the plate in surprise at her. "Seray?" he said, as she only gave him a smile and served him again. The smile shut his trap and he finished the plate.

Seray grabbed his face and did something weird. She for some odd reason, stared into his eyes and began poking his belly. Afterwards he heard her spoke.

"Wake up, sleepyhead"

Takuya woke up and blinked twice, so that his vision could clear. When his eyes were clear he could see Seray looking down at him with a smile. "mmm....good morning, Seray."He said, yawning slightly.

Seray watched Takuya slowly coming around, smiling as he blinked a couple of times before focusing on her. She leaned closer and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. This moment, she realized, was perfect. No matter what happened after, she could always look back and know that at one point, things had been wonderful. She was warm and well rested, laying with the one she loved and wanted to be with until the end of her days. Smiling at the thought, she ran her hand through his hair a little, ruffling it up and making it even messier than it was from sleeping all night.

"Good morning, Takuya. Did you sleep well?" she asked sweetly, watching him yawn with an amused expression. He seemed like he was still half out of it, but that was fine with her. She didn't want him to get up yet anyway - she was much too comfortable as they were. Laying back down so that her head was nestled against her chest as she waited for an answer, she sighed contentedly.