The Goddess Power

Takuya watched the two argue. What was it about him that Seray's mother didn't like? He just could not figure that part out. Whatever the case was, Seray's mother thought of him as nothing. She looked down upon him and it began to annoy him, slightly. Part of him wanted to yell out at her, but he wasn't the type of person to hurt a woman's feelings. Takuya placed his hands loosely besides him and watched the two for a little longer. His head snapped towards Seray, when she yelled out at her mother.

He listened to her question and was a little surprised at Seray. She had stood up for herself, but he also knew that her mother wouldn't take it too lightly. Takuya took a step in front of Seray and faced her mother, before speaking to her mother. "With all respect, don't you think that forcing your daughter to marry some random guy is a little bit unfair? I don't mean to pry into anyone's business, but Seray really doesn't like that guy. She is more sad if anything. I understand you only want to see the well-being of your daughter, but I think it is only right to let her live her life the way she wants to. If possible, I would even marry her myself. Not because I don't want to see her go, but because she is closer to me than anyone knows."

Takuya looked back at Seray with a blush covering his cheek.

Seray looked up at Takuya when he stepped between her and her mother, listening with surprise as he interjected. It was obvious that her mother was shocked as well, staring at Takuya in disbelief. When he finished, Seray smiled up at him sweetly, a blush on her cheeks as well. She had no idea that he felt that strongly about the situation since he had rejected her idea of running away. However, when she looked back at her mother, she recognized the glint in her eyes all too well. Something was wrong.

"Fortunately, Takuya, what you think doesn't matter in this case. Seray is getting married tomorrow evening whether she's 'sad' about it or not. It's a grand pairing and once she gets over her own selfish feelings, she'll realize that,
" her mother said primly, then looked at Seray with a tight smile. "It's not like I could tell you ahead of time, you would have refused or run off. Now come along, it's late and you need to finish your chores so that you can sleep early and get some beauty rest for tomorrow. It's a big night."

During the entire time her mother was speaking, Seray was struck speechless. She was getting married tomorrow evening to a man she didn't know, didn't like, and certainly didn't have any romantic feelings towards. Stunned, she shook her head slowly, falling back a step from both of them. This couldn't be happening, it simply couldn't. She refused to allow it to.

"No.." she whispered shakily, then turned and bolted. Her mother sighed and glared at Takuya. "I hope you're happy, upsetting her like that," she accused, refusing to acknowledge that it was her own fault. She huffed and walked off, not even bothering to chase Seray since she knew her daughter would come crawling back eventually. She always did.

Takuya made no effort in worrying about what Seray's mother had said to him. Instead, he chased after Seray with a worried look in his eye. Takuya ran as fast as he could in hopes of catching p to Seray. He gritted his teeth and his blood boiled. He was disgusted at how cruel Seray's mother had been. She treated her daughter as if she was nothing more than a dog, who had to obediently do as she was told. Takuya picked up speed and dashed faster. Seray, I won't allow you to go. Ever!

He could see Seray coming up to view, as he dashed passed a few garbage cans and houses. He picked up a little more speed and slowly caught up to Seray. "Seray!" He yelled out as he caught up to her and grabbed her left hand with his right and swiftly pulled her towards him and into his arms as he stopped. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and closed his eyes. " I am so sorry, Seray. I am so sorry that you are going through this!"

Seray barely paid attention to where she was even going. In the back of her mind, she faintly noticed that she had managed to run out of the woods and was passing a few houses, but it was mostly a blur. She could scarcely see straight through the tears that filled her eyes, and more than once she nearly tripped and fell. Thankfully she kept her balance and simply kept running. Maybe if she ran long enough and hard enough, she could leave reality behind and forget that tomorrow she would wed. The thought nearly made her choke, and she only half heard somebody yell to her.

Not wanting to be caught by her mother, she didn't even pause until a hand wrapped around her left wrist and hand. She spun at the pull and would have fallen if Takuya hadn't been right there to catch her. Gasping in shock, she stared at him, then broke down in tears and wrapped her arms around his waist tightly. Normally she would never allow him to see her this way - she wasn't one of those frail girly types, she was supposed to be stronger than that. What would he think of her now? His words made her quiver and she simply held him tighter.

"T-Takuya.. Please don't send me back there," she begged in a soft stutter, anxious that he would tell her to go home. "I don't want to marry Duke, I want to marry you," she added in a hesitant whisper, resting the side of her head against his chest and not daring to look up to meet his gaze. If he was going to reject her now, she just might shatter completely.

Takuya held Seray closer as she wrapped her arms around his waist. He had never seen her this sad in his life. She was dealing with more than she could handle, and her mother wasn't making it anyy easier for her. Part of him wanted to run away with her and part of him did not want to interfere in her arranged affairs. It was upsetting him just as much as it was her. He had to help her, but how could he? What could he do to stop all of this? Takuya rested his chin gently on the top of her head and stroked the back of her head gently with his right hand.

"It will be okay, Seray. I won't let them take you away." He said, softly as he raised her head with his left. "Please, don't be sad anymore. I hate seeing you like this." Seray's eyes were red to the rim and the tears poured from her eyes. Takuya wiped them away and gazed into her eyes. "Seray..." He said, softly.

Seray found herself relaxing slowly as Takuya's hand stroked the back of her head, patting down her white curls that had long since been pulled out of the long pigtails she had them in earlier. The warmth of his body being pressed so closely against her made her relax more as well, even though it was through layers of clothing. Though she hated to admit it for fear of what he would think, inwardly there was no doubt that he made her feel.. better. That was the only word that could really summarize the way she felt here in his arms like this. She wasn't perfect or even 'good' in most senses of the word, but she was definitely better than she had been when she was running.

When he started to speak, she gently bit her lower lip that was still quivering to keep any of her stuttering gasps inside that kept slipping out with her breathing thanks to sobbing too much and running a little harder than usual. She wondered if his words were a true promise, but it didn't feel as if he was lying to her. As he raised her head, she looked up at him, knowing she probably looked like a mess. He didn't seem to care and just wiped her cheeks dry after pleading with her to not be sad. Yet how could she not be? She had no other options..

She wanted to say something - to assure him that she was fine and had overreacted, to let him know that she appreciated him being there for her, to show him how deeply she felt for him. Yet the right words refused to surface and she felt blank, as if her mind had been wiped clean. She felt stuck until he said her name, and right then and there she decided that she didn't need words to tell him anything. Instead, she stood up on her tiptoes and placed a feather-light kiss on his lips. After a moment she went back down and simply gazed at him, uncertain how he'd react.

Reactions: 1 person
Takuya continued to comfort Seray. She had slowly, but surely, reduced her crying. After it died out completely, he stood holding her in his arms and looking into her saddened eyes. Takuya wanted to say much more than just telling Seray to not be sad. He truly had feeklings for her, but he could never express them. He was never good at those types of things. It wasn't as if he was a robot or anything, no, Seray just always had a quiet, secret charm that he could never see, but feel it. It wasn't strange though, he had always felt something for Seray. She was closer to him than anyone else in the city, even his mother.

He could feel his heartbeat skip slowly. Seray had such a crazy affect on him. He was getting ready to speak and before his words could escape, Seray had placed a gentle kiss on his lips. Takuya felt his heart fly as if it were trying to escape his chest. When she broke it, and looked into his eyes again, Takuya sputtered slightly and found himself pulling Seray's face back towards his and placing and even deeper kiss on her lips in return. He removed his hands from her face slowly and placed them around her waist. Takuya closed his eyes and held Seray tightly, not wanting to let her go.

Seray really wasn't sure what to expect. Until today, they had never even told each other that there were feelings other than friendship between them. Had she taken it too far, too soon? He seemed shocked by her actions and she looked down with a blush until she felt his hands on her face. Looking up as he pulled, she was stunned to feel his lips against hers again. This time she let him lead, her eyes closing as she started kissing him back. Her chest felt tight and ready to burst with a hot emotion running through her veins. She felt like she was paralyzed but at the same time filled to the brim with a joyous energy, as if this was how things were supposed to always be.

Her arms slowly looped up over his shoulders and around the back of his neck, holding him tightly as she felt his arms wrapped around her waist. She didn't want this to end, yet in the back of her mind she was getting worried. What would happen if her mother found out that her daughter refused a marriage she had arranged? There was no way she could marry Duke now - she'd be positively miserable, thinking only of Takuya every waking moment, even if it lasted years and years. She knew that.

"I love you.." she whispered softly, hesitantly, as she broke the kiss for just a moment, though she resumed immediately afterward.

Takuya could feel Seray deepen the kiss in return and stay close to him. The day seemed to slow around them and everything else. He truly didn't want to let go. Seray was so beautiful and charming. He wanted to keep her safe from anything and everything that would bring harm to her. So long as he could keep her happy like this, he would hold her always. His body felt so lite and he could feel the world spin around him. He felt that if Seray left their town, he would be lost without her.

He ran his fingers through her hair and grasped the back of her head gently with them. His palms rested gently on the sides of her face and his thumbs rested on her tempos. The kiss, the feelings and emotions all came so quickly. As he deepened the kiss, Seray broke it and spoke in a gentle voice, with a blush as she looked up into his eyes.
"I love you.."
Takuya's eyes widened in shock. He couldn't believe what he just heard. His mind went blink and then thoughts and visions of Seray and him together came rushing into his mind.

He tried to speak, only to have his words stopped by Seray's lips being place upon his own once more. It was as if they were lovers that were destined to be together. Takuya broke the kiss then spoke in a soft voice, as he rested Seray's head on his chest. Takuya placed his right hand on the back of her head and left hand on the center of her back. "I love you too, Seray..." He said softly, as he rested his chin gently on the top of her head, and closing his eyes.

Reactions: 1 person
Seray didn't want this moment to end. Even though she had confessed her feelings and was still sort of scared of being rejected for revealing her thoughts too quickly, she still wanted to continue and see this through as long as she could. She wanted to run away with Takuya and find a town where neither of them knew anybody, where Duke and her mother and everybody else wouldn't be able to track them down. A place that they could call their own and settle together, get married, live as a family. The craving to stay with him was so strong that she actually let out a tiny whimper of protest when his lips left hers, though it was so quiet he may not have heard it.

She didn't resist as he guided her against his chest, in fact, she loved standing this way. With her arms wrapped firmly around his waist, she could easily hear the gentle thuds of his beating heart, just as soothing as the feel of his arms wrapped around her. She closed her eyes and a smile touched her lips as he responded to her, the gentle weight of his head atop hers making her somehow feel closer to him. His embrace held her close, but his words were holding her closer. A warmth blossomed inside her soul, and it felt as though it were growing and radiating with every passing moment that she was standing here with Takuya.

"Can we just stand like this forever?" she asked softly with a smile, not even opening her eyes as she gently squeezed him in a soft hug, feeling tired but unwilling to let this moment end so rapidly.

"We can stand like this for as long as you want to Seray." Takuya said, holding Seray tight. He opened his eyes and looked down at Seray. A strand of her hair had fallen onto her face and he pushed it gently behind her ear with his left hand. He wanted to take Seray far, far away. He wanted to get away from the pain she was experiencing. Takuya could only imagine what her mother put her through on a daily basis. It was angering him the more he thought about it, but he showed no signs of it in front of her.

Takuya kissed her forehead and ran his fingers through her silk, smooth hair. The day slowly began to disappear and night slowly began creeping in. Takuya looked up at the sky and sighed. As much as he didn't want to, he had to get Seray home. Her mother was already furious and she would be even more upset if Seray came home late. That would only be doubled if she saw her coming home with him at the late hour. There would be many assumptions.

He removed his hands from her head and waist, looking down at her as he spoke softly. "Seray, we must get you home now. It is getting late. Your mother will be furious if you don't make it back."

Even though she knew he was completely right, Seray didn't want to agree. She didn't want to separate from him and go back to her mother to sleep alone and be berated constantly. It was something she had hidden her entire life, especially from Takuya. Her mother was nice and polite on the outside to everybody else, but at home.. Well, it was a different story. Knowing that she had to say goodbye or at the very least goodnight to the only one who made her day wonderful was hard, but she nodded a little and looked down.

"I'll walk myself home. No need to get Mother even more riled up about seeing us together or something," she said quietly, taking a step back from him even though it made her heart ache to even do that. She stifled the feelings as much as she could, telling herself to be happy that she had even gotten the opportunity to express feelings with him - which honestly, she was incredibly grateful for. Now she couldn't imagine not knowing, and not telling him that she loved him so very much. "Will I see you tomorrow?" she asked, unsure what was going to happen now.

"Yes, that is a good idea. We wouldn't want her scolding you or yelling." He placed a swift, gentle kiss on her lips once more. "I will come to see you tomorrow, I promise." He smiled down at her, but could feel a sharp pain hit his chest. He felt sad more than anything. He was worried, that if she left his side now, he would never see her again. Takuya turned away for a few moments. Just seeing her face now, knowing that she had to go, only made the pain increase more. But, he had to let her go for now. No matter how much he wanted to go against her mother's wishes. even though she said that she would walk alone, he still walked with her

"We should get going now, Seray. I will walk you half-way. I want to spend some more time with you." He said sadly, trying his best to hide that sadness. Takuya grasped her right hand with his left hand, not looking back and walked with her. The sun continued to creep behind the clouds as they swayed gently in the sky. Takuya looked back at Seray and smiled. She was so beautiful, and kind. She deserved better than to be put into a forced marriage. Once they were half-way to Seray's house, he stopped, then turned around to face her.

"This is where we can part ways. I will let you make it inside first and watch over you. Once you make it inside, I'll take our secret shortcut home. Also, tomorrow, I will take you to my special spot. I am sure you will love it!" He grasped both of her hands in his own and smiled at her.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want that," she agreed weakly, giving him a smile as he kissed her again. She intended to hold him to that promise, and she knew that he would expect that. He had never once made a promise that he hadn't kept to her, though she secretly suspected that was because, as children, she had threatened to cry if he did. Walking along with her fingers laced in his, she nodded as he offered to walk her halfway there. "I want to spend more time with you too. As much as possible," she admitted easily, looking over at him with a smile and catching his gaze since he looked at her as well. It was rapidly getting darker out, and she knew that she was late. Oh well. At least she wasn't going to sleep outside - that'd make her mother beyond furious. Not worried, just irritated. She sighed inwardly at the thought and stopped as they reached the halfway point.

"I can't wait to see it," she said with a smile as he spoke of his special spot. Standing up on her tiptoes again, she placed a gentle kiss on his lips, then pulled away and stepped back. "I'll see you tomorrow. I love you, Takuya," she said softly, then waved slightly and turned to walk to her house. It wasn't far at all from here, she could even see it. She could also see the light on and the faint shadow that marked her mother as she paced back and forth. Hopefully she wasn't rehearsing a scolding. Seray took a deep breath in and out to relax and brace herself, then walked through the front door and closed it nearly silently behind her.

The person who met her wasn't her mother at all, though Seray could see her standing nearby. It was Duke. She was so startled by him being there, that at first she completely forgot her manners and simply stared. Her mother cleared her throat and shot her a disapproving frown, making her way closer with a half glass of wine in her hand. Clearly she had spent her evening drinking, and it was obvious in more ways than one. "Come, Seray, we must speak upstairs for a moment before you entertain your guest like a good hostess should," her mother said with a fake smile, guiding Seray along upstairs to her own bedroom, chattering the entire time about pointless things as if to distract Seray from the person waiting downstairs.

"I love you too, Seray." Takuya replied, holding her hands just a little tighter. A few moments after, he released her hands and watched her as she waved goodbye, and headed home. After she was out of sigh, Takuya looked around to make sure there was no one out. Once he saw that the coast was clear, he took a right at the fence just a little ways away from Seray's home and cut through the little bushes that stood firmly in her neighbors yard. After, he took a left and jumped the wooden fence behind Seray's home.

It was just a straight shoot to his house after. When he made it home, he entered through the backyard and walked in the door, only to be greeted by his mother. " Well now, you must have had a really good time with Seray, Takuya. You two were gone practically all day." Takuya's head shot up, there was his mother, standing in the kitchen cooking. The smell filled the air and emitted an aroma of herbs and spices. She was cooking her famous sweet red beans and rice. Although the smell made wrapped Takuya up, he still blushed. "I-I don't know what you are talking about mom." He looked off to the left, at a picture hanging on the wall of them. Takuaya's mother chuckled.

"Oh come now, a girlfriend of mine said that she saw you two down by the riverbank. She even said that she saw you two kissing." Takuya's face heated up more. "I-I will go upstairs now mom! Call me when dinner is ready!" He yelled, slightly, as he dashed through the kitchen door. His mother giggled. "Those two are so adorable." She said, turning back to her pot and mixing in her seasonings, as she smiled with her eyes closed.

Takuya had made it to his room and laid on his back on his bed, with his hands behind his head. He looked up at the ceiling, thinking about all that happened between him and Seray, today.

Seray whirled on her mother as soon as her bedroom door was shut, but her immediate protests were cut off as she saw what her mother was taking down off the back of the door. It was a dress. Long, silken, and pure white with lots of beading and embroidery all along the bottom. At any other time, Seray would have completely adored it. Even now she could inwardly admit it was a gorgeous dress. However, the fact that her mother had it right now and was taking it down to be worn, coupled with the fact that Duke was downstairs in a suit - which had just sunk in to her mind - and the fact that there was expensive jewelry laying out on the bed, all pointed to something that made her feel very, very sick to her stomach.

"Mother, why do you have that?" she managed to make herself ask, and her mother just rolled her eyes and set down her wineglass on the dresser. "Why do you think I have it, Seray? Duke is here to marry you right away. You're going to get dressed and leave, and go right to the ceremony. I'm not risking you doing anything foolish - you were already late!" her mother snapped back at her, backhanding Seray casually. Falling back a step, she stared at her mother with a stunned expression. "You struck me.." she whispered in shock, yet her mother just shrugged it off and began talking about how Seray had always been good only for her good looks and the promise of a useful marriage later.

The next thing she knew, she was running. She honestly had no idea what had happened, and that scared her beyond belief. Tears were running down her face and she was - somehow - in the white dress. Not really caring about keeping the garment in pristine condition, she raced through the shortcut to Takuya's door and knocked quickly, trembling and pale as could be.

Takuya had begun to fall asleep when he could hear knocking. He paid it no mind and closed his eyes as he drifted off into sleep. Meanwhile, downstairs, his mother had opened the door to see who it was. Her eyes widened and she gasped when she saw that it was Seray. She had a red mark on her cheek and Seray had a pained look on her face." Oh my, Seray! Come in!" Takuya's mother placed her hands on Seray's shoulders and lead her to the table. She pulled out a chair and sat Seray down.

Elaine, was a strong woman, with a strong voice. Takuya knew that all too well. "Wait here dear, I will go and fetch Takuya." She touched the top of Seray's head, before rushing out the kitchen door. Takuya awoke to a knock on his door, followed by his mother bursting into his room with a worried look on her face. Takuya looked over at his mother and quickly hopped up. "W-what's wrong, mother?" He asked, just as worried as she was. "Takuya, get down stairs now! Seray is downstairs and she is hurt!" Takuya didn't waste any time in running out the door past him mother and downstairs.

He burst into the kitchen and looked at Seray, who had a stunned look on her face. He rushed to her left side and knelled down on his left knee and curled his right index finger under her chin and lifted her head slowly to look at him. He could see a red mark on her cheek and he was fully aware of what had happened. He stood up, and then pulled Seray gently into his arms and wrapped his arms around her, resting her head on his chest as he rested his left cheek gently on top of her her. "Oh Seray, I am so sorry." He said, softly, as he closed his eyes.

Elaine walked into the kitchen and stood in the doorway as she held it opened. She looked at the two with a mixture of happiness and sadness at what they saw. She was also aware of Seray's arranged marriage and her mother's drinking problem. She placed her left hand flatly over her heart and lowered her eyes as a few tears filled them. -I wis there was something I could do for them- She spoke in her mind, as she closed her eyes and clutched her chest. Tears pouring softly from her eyes.

Seray stood there at the door, trying to stop her shaking but she was completely unable. In what seemed like only seconds, Elaine had opened the door and ushered her in to sit at the table. She had always thought of the woman as her second mother, though she wasn't sure if Takuya's mother really realized that. Time seemed to slow and speed up all at once as Seray was left alone in the kitchen. She thought of everything that had happened in the span of only seconds, yet at the same time it seemed as though no time had passed at all before Takuya was kneeling next to her. She didn't want to look at him because the sting on her cheek told her that the mark was still there, but he tipped her chin up until she had to. Her eyes were red and filled with tears, her cheeks soaked - one pale as snow, the other an angry red. To top it off, she had a terrified and lost expression better suited for a child.

As Takuya gently pulled her up, she wrapped her arms around him just as she had earlier. The same feeling of being protected and warm filled her, but this time it didn't make her problems vanish. It did, however, make her feel like she would survive. She was still shaking, as much as she tried to hide it from Takuya to keep him from worrying, but it did slow a bit as she held him. Standing there, she forgot Elaine was even in the house, looking up with a focus only on the love in her arms.

"When I went inside Duke was there and Mother took me upstairs, but she was drinking and she told me.. to change," she said shakily, editing out the part about being called worthless since he didn't need to know that. "She.. She was angry for me being late and struck me," she added in a whisper, her eyes filling with tears yet again. "I don't remember what happened after that. I don't know how I got in the dress, or what happened at home, or how I even got out of the house to come here. I can't remember it and I think I did something really bad, Takuya," she continued, starting to get hysterical as fear and anxiety consumed her, combining with all of her other overflowing emotions in a torrent of pain and confusion.

Takuya listened to Seray's explanation and slanted his eyes. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. The moment he let Seray out of his sight, she was about to get pushed into the marriage and hurt by her mother. He wiped her eyes as she began crying again and comforting her. He looked over to his mother with a pained expression and Elaine opened her eyes and looked at the two of them once more. Takuya had no idea what to do at the moment, other than to just hold Seray in his arms.

She wept softly and shook like a leaf, but it began simmering down a little. "You are safe now, Seray." He said, softly, as he averted his eyes away from his mother. He looked down at Seray and placed his plams gently on her face, as he had done by the river, and lifted her face gently. He gazed into her eyes." I couldn't imagine what you have had to deal with since we have been growing up. But, I do know, that you were not always happy. You used to try and hide it with smiles. I could see right through it."

Takuya wiped her tears away gently with his thumbs and kissed her forehead. "Mother, is it alright if Seray spends the night here? She could stay in my room. I know you may not approve. But, in this time, Seray really needs a good nights rest. At least with me, she will be able to sleep peacefully." Elaine looked between the two. She knew full well that Takuya had knowledge of her having nothing wrong with it. They used to sleep together in the same room all the time as children. But, they were both teens and she had to treat them as such.

She even thought it was more than cute that they spent time together." Takuya, she can stay with you. I have no problem with it. I think it will be cute if you two spend the night together. It would even be like you two are married." She said, giggling a little. Takuya always left it to his mother to lighten the mood with a joke. "M-Mom! N-now isn't the time to be joking about that!" Takuya's cheeks burned with a blush as he released Seray, then grasped her right hand with his left hand and lead her pass his mother.

Once they were out of the kitchen and in his room, Takuya released Seray's hand and slide down the door. "Mom never ceases to embarrass me" He said, blushing hard as he stared at the floor.

Seray quivered even as Takuya wiped away her fresh tears, her eyes lifting to his as he tipped up her chin exactly as he had done earlier. This time, he stunned her by revealing that he had always known. All those times that she had gone up to him with a bright smile and invited him to play, even if she wanted to cry instead or just give up. Had he known every single time that she was just hiding inside the mask that she wished was reality? It was disconcerting to think about. She was pained by the thought of him knowing, just because she hadn't wanted to worry him.

"I'm sorry.." she whispered shakily, apologizing for hiding the truth so many times from him. She fell silent as he spoke to his mother, her eyes following his to look over at Elaine. What Takuya was saying sounded like something she could really use - a good night of sleep, safe and warm with him at her side. She wasn't sure how Elaine would react though. They weren't little kids building a fort with blankets and having sleepovers where they would fight invisible monsters together anymore. Thankfully, Elaine said it was alright. She even made a joke about it, one that made Seray blush nearly as much as Takuya did. However, she did smile at the older woman, amused by Takuya's own blush.

She laced her fingers with his and followed him up the stairs, then stood in his room and watched him slide down along the door to sit on the floor. His comment made her smile faintly and she walked over to his wall, gazing at his mirror. The dress she had been forced into was no longer a pure white from her run, and her hair was in disheveled curls. Red eyes, pale face, fearful expression. It was like looking at a stranger. She turned away and shook her head a little to rid herself of the mental image.

"Can I sleep in one of your shirts? This thing needs to be tossed in a fire somewhere," she said softly, reaching back and pulling the laces free. She wiggled out of the dress and let it fall to the floor around her ankles. Under she had been wearing a silk slip atop her undergarments, so she really wasn't being completely inappropriate here. Granted, it was pure silk and a shimmering white that ended a little higher than mid-thigh, but she was still covered. She slipped off her shoes as well and kicked everything into a corner, then turned and looked at him as she waited for some sort of response.